• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best bit of pokemon Ruby Sappire And Emerald

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    The best part? The best part was the creation of Hoenn. I've been thinking about it, but I have to say that Hoenn and Sapphire has probably been my favorite Pokemon game, as odd as that sounds. Yeah, there's a lot of water. Yeah, the villains are crazy. Yeah, the double battles may not be perfect. I don't really care.

I liked the music and the atmosphere it gave off. It's not the most memorable, but I think it just feels right. The new Pokemon were good, and a lot of my favorites are from Hoenn. Steven is just epic. The Secret Bases were pretty fun (I don't know about now, but they were nice when I was 8). And I think the graphics are my favorite from any Pokemon game. The water on the routes and your reflection in them look so pretty.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    •Battle Frontier
    •2 on 2 Battles
    •Wonderful storyline that I enjoyed a lot
    •Two villain teams

There's a bunch more, but I can't name them all.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I'll just list it, not in the mood for long descriptive whys.

- Hoenn
    - The Battle Frontier
    - Berries
    - No Rock Tunnel
    - The most original and interesting plot of the mainstream games.
    - Hoenn
    - Town designs.
    - No Rock Tunnel

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Like quite a few people have said..

-Hoenn being introduced
    -Emerald Battle Frontier HALLELUJAH
    -The AWESOME cutscene that happens in Emerald after you wake up Rayquaza and fly back to Sootopolis (seriously, that cutscene has to be the greatest in any pokemon game ever - it's just that epic)
    -Emerald, nuff said
    -A great plot (unlike gen II, which in my opinion seemed to have a plot that was quickly thrown together <_> they couldn't even find a new evil team dammit.. and team rocket ehh.. was boring)
    -No moar Kanto :D
    -Interesting legendaries

That's about it. I could have posted more, but most of it has already been covered above. :3

tobi-ksla

Years
    The best part was the Battle Frontier. My desire for competitive battling and my obsession towards Salon Maiden Anabel rooted from this battler's paradise.

́

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2010
    The best part was whoever was writing the dialogue for this one was clearly depressed.

My favorite example was a guy standing at the edge of the water and says something like

"The sea is so vast, I wonder if it is filled with the tears shed by Pokemon"

There is also the suicidal girl in the ocean. Can anyone remember her and what exactly she says?
    I am tempted to play through it again just to find her.
    Hahaha, I always love it when they try to put 'profound' dialogue into the games. xD

J a s m i n e © pretty much covered it for me though, I loved finding new bases and would always look around for new ones. My fave was the one in the bush between Fortree and Lilycove, it had a pond, berries reflecting in the water, great bit of mapping. :]

Like J a s m i n e © again I enjoyed the underwater maps, great music and atmosphere but I would've liked more underwater specific Pokemon. :/

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Best bit? When all hell breaks loose after the legendaries start fighting and the weather goes out of whack when you are with the two team leaders...

^.^

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    -Hoenn
    -Plot with Team Aqua and Magma
    -Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza
    -Battle Frontier

That should be about it for me.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    -Battle Frontier
    -Epic awakenings + Archi nd Maxxie battles.
    -Cutscenes with the massive legendary-battle
    -Underwater
    -Abandoned Ship
    -Secret Bases.My fave was the one in the bush between Fortree and Lilycove, it had a pond, berries reflecting in the water, great bit of mapping.

Back