• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Controller!

What controller handles the best?

• Gamecube

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Playstation 2

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Xbox

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Dreamcast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SNES

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • NES

• Sega Genesis

• Total voters

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
  • In your opinion, what controller do you think handles and feels the best when playing videogames?

For me its the PS2 controller, the button and analog controls are positioned the best compared to the other rivals (not to sound like a fanboy) when playing for an extended amount of time.

The Xbox Controller S comes close though, with its comfort and somewhat good button placement (except the black and white buttons), the analog on that is really nice though.

Gamecube.... excellent analog control, but the design and placement could have been better.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • umm ._. i like the PS2.. i like where the buttons are placed and stuff..
    the XBOX controller is too big ><
    i have the smallest hands @@ arrgh.. i can barely hold the thing!

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    PS2 has too many buttons for me to remember. GC has a nice button layout but it feels uncomfortable. Xbox has the best with a nice button layout and I have big hands so there's a plus. Big hands = Big controller. Big hands doesn't = small controllers.
    EDIT: Forgot to say my answer. Xbox is winner.

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I like the GC controller for the same reason as kip-kip but not for the hand reason.

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    I like the GCN controller beacuse Iits normally a perfect suit for anyone and feels very comfortable to hold. PS2 is eh, and XBox... uhh..no that thing is huge I can't stand how it fits my hands, and I have pretty big hands too.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • The Gamecubes controller is the best and most comfortable controller I have ever used.. simple as that.

Pokemon_Veteran

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I really like the Gamecube one. The XBox one feels a bit confusing, the PS2 one has buttons weirdly placed IMO. The Dreamcast's controller seemed to big and bulky... although I didn't actually have a Dreamcast XD But... I've never played any of the other games consoles... so don't know what they'd be like :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Gamecube, It feels big hands and small hands alike. Ive used all of them at least one point in my life.So yeah, Gamecube XD

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I like the NES controllers but the Nintendo Revolution's are supposed to be awesome.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • All I've ever played are Nintendo systems. Umm... out of the Nintendo systems I like the GCN's the best. I would've liked the old GCN controller better. The letters they used looked nice and the B button was bigger (it's too tiny now). But, the controller is very comfy. I remember when I first got my GCN. I was all spazzy for about an hour over the controller. I was going to my parents demanding that they hold the thing. Lol

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Out of that list, I've only played PS2 and Gamecube, so I can only talk about those. XD;

The PS2 controllers are okay. They're pretty light and although incredibly confusing to first-time users, you get used to it pretty quickly. I think it has too many buttons, though. o_O It's hard to keep track of all the functions with double the L/R buttons, 4 regular buttons, two analog sticks... blah. They break really easily, too. T_T;; I have these wireless controllers for the console as well and those are just... really annoying. ><;; They're really heavy and they take, like, 4 AA batteries. The directional pad is hard to use and it's just... really inconvenient because since the battery life isn't even that long. =\ Meh.

GCN has the Wavebird controller... wireless, light, still comfy, on/off switch, not incredibly bulky -- it wins by default if you ask me. oO; The normal controllers for the GCN are still really good too, though. ^_^; I like how compact they are, although the B button sort of bugs me with its insane lack of proportion to the A button. x_X And I always forget about the Z button, too, since it's so overpowered by the usage of the R button. Blah, oh well. :P

And I've played either the NES or the SNES (I honestly don't know the difference, lmao XD). Whichever one it was, the controller was too small and hard to hold. ;( I didn't like it.

Drakken

Hungry O_O
    Years
    • Age 33
    • SC
    • Seen Feb 16, 2008
    I like the gamecube controller because it is small and weird.
    *stupid*

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Lightning said:
    The PS2 controllers are okay. They're pretty light and although incredibly confusing to first-time users, you get used to it pretty quickly. I think it has too many buttons, though. o_O It's hard to keep track of all the functions with double the L/R buttons, 4 regular buttons, two analog sticks... blah. They break really easily, too. T_T;; I have these wireless controllers for the console as well and those are just... really annoying. ><;; They're really heavy and they take, like, 4 AA batteries. The directional pad is hard to use and it's just... really inconvenient because since the battery life isn't even that long. =\ Meh.
    PS2 also has these newer(not exactly brand new though) 'wireless action' controllers(I believe that's the name) from logitech. They're much smaller and lighter than the controllers you speak of, and only use 2 AA batteries. Plus, the reciever thingy is only a little nub on the PS2. I believe battery life is longer too. Oh yes... cheaper also.

Bleh, go look for them. They're nice lol.

Back