• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Dragon-Type Pokemon...

CrasH

Beasterling
Years
  • Altaria >.>!
    haha.

I would have to go with Dragonite. I loved the way they looked in the original games :D

Years
  • In the Over Used Metagame:

Best Dragon-Type Pokemon...

|Salamence|
    .Trait: Intimidate (Lowers the foe's ATTACK.)
    .Personality: Brave (+ Attack * - Speed)
    .Evs: 68, 252, 80, 0, 26, 84
    .Stats:
    [HP] 348 [Attack] 405 [Defense] 216 [Speed] 211 [Sp. Attack] 261 [Sp. Defense] 216

-Flying Hidden Power
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast
    -Dragon Dance
    @Leftovers

is the best.

Yup, i agree 100%. But also: https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/rayquaza read it. Insane trait, pretty funny when people switch in Kyogre, with thunder think ing of a 2HKO-3HKO, and then it misses twice. But in OU, Salamance reigns supreme, how ever, Razquaza is pure pwnage also.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    Actually, it is a fact that Rayquaza is the best Dragon-type, beyond dispute. Its total Base stats are 680 while Salamence and Dragonite are only 600. It has higher stats than Salamence in every stat except Speed (95 vs. 100) and has higher stats than Dragonite in every stat except except Defense (90 vs. 95) and Special Defense (90 vs. 100). Its Attack (150) and Special Attack (150) make up for that and more. There really is no comparison.

All those stats don't make much of a difference when salamence gets to attack first and 0HKOs it

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • Salamence really stands out against dragon types with its intimidate ability but I still think overall Dragonite is the best

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • While I do love Slalamence for being powerful and Flygon for being cool looking, I've always stuck with Dragonite. The line was the very first, and only dragon type, for a while. Even if it is a bit pudgy, I still think its awsome. It was also supposed to be the fastest pokemon, being able to circle the globe in 16 hrs, and I don't like the fact that they made new guys that are apparently faster than the 'fastest pokemon in the world'.

Years
  • All those stats don't make much of a difference when salamence gets to attack first and 0HKOs it

What with? dont see no ice beam salamence anywhere. :O what does it OHKO it with then? maybe outrage, but i dunno. Anyway, if you have a properly EV'd Weavile, itll OHKO Salamence, with a Ice Beam. OSNAP!

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • Well guys... :P

*Sorry about the ARCEUS thingy... (Right, it's not in this Console and it can be any type you wish [Basically NORMAL].) And i add Garchomp too...

*Thankz for answering my thread! Most of my Posts will be like this style! :)

P.S. = And my favorite is Rayquaza, too! It dominates in STATS... :)

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • Well guys... :P

*Sorry about the ARCEUS thingy... (Right, it's not in this Console and it can be any type you wish [Basically NORMAL].) And i add Garchomp too...

*Thankz for answering my thread! Most of my Posts will be like this style! :)

P.S. = And my favorite is Rayquaza, too! It dominates in STATS... :)

so they've gotten to you too

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2009
    I personally like Dragonite, with its movepool it is a mackdaddy, but i must admit the best dragon type is Rayquaza.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Dragonite definetely! It's one of the original Drago type Pokemon! What's not to like about it. (rhetorical)

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Well since this thread is in the advance section... I say Salamance is the best one cuz its ability rocks and it just owns! Enough said... lol xD

Back