• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best for comedy, action or drama?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Do you prefer your pokémon manga to be action filled with lots of battles and flashy panels illustrating moves in cool ways? Or do you prefer those pokémon manga that have intense, thrilling or even mysterious story lines that makes you sit on the edge of your seat for every page? Or would you rather want to read some pokémon manga that makes you laugh on every page?

There are many kinds of different manga featuring pokémon, even comedy (Pokémon Pocket Monsters) or romance (PiPiPi). What do you prefer? Is there a genre that you believe generally fits best for manga featuring pokémon?​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I actually like mystery. I especially like the strange storylines with an evil E4 and time travel that the first arcs of PokéSpe gave us. Reading the dramatic chapters while listening to good, dramatic music moved me to tears sometimes.

But of course a bit of action is really nice when it comes to pokémon, as long as it is drawn in a good way. Sometimes I have difficulties understanding what is really going on in a battle, when reading the BW arc of the PokéSpe manga :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I wouldn't call it a bad joke. I would rather call it a genius move by the writers. We were wondering in the R/B saga where the E4 were, since they did like the anime and let the Pokémon League be a tournament rather than like a series of battles against elite trainers like in the games. And in the Yellow saga, they suddenly appeared as the characters we know, but with motives we couldn't guess. So thrilling! :3

Years
I wouldn't call it a bad joke. I would rather call it a genius move by the writers. We were wondering in the R/B saga where the E4 were, since they did like the anime and let the Pokémon League be a tournament rather than like a series of battles against elite trainers like in the games. And in the Yellow saga, they suddenly appeared as the characters we know, but with motives we couldn't guess. So thrilling! :3
Yeah maybe but I just don't liked the idea of them being so Evil, specially Lance and Agatha

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Well-written drama has always been my preference, but no one should belittle the significance of a good comedy or action manga. Overall, I'd say that as long as it's being written with competence and consistency, there aren't many ways to go wrong. As far as Pokémon goes, showcasing the unique properties of the monsters, their moves, and how they relate to humans should probably be included without feeling shoehorned in.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I don't really need action, but you really need to have some. But yes yes yes! I need drama and mystery in my mangas. With drama, it will probabbly make me get my goosebumps and make me want to read it even more. If there's good mystery, it will definitely force me to read it nonstop.

To sum it all of, it just need to have well balance of the 3.

Back