• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best generation

What is the best generation of Pokemon?

• Total voters

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I honestly love them all, but if I had to choose a favorite, it'd be the generation II. I could sit here and list reasons for hours, but you don't wanna read that wall of text.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'm one of the few that thinks Gen IV> Everything else.
    Just to be specific, IV>II>III>I
    Generation IV had the physical/special split, Wi-fi capabilities, an actual story, mediocre looking pokemon, 92 TMs, a lot of which aren't completely useless, and the fact that the EV system wasn't completely flawed.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    As cool as Johto is, I prefer the Hoenn games.

The setting was cool, if not the best in the series, the mascot legendaries were all fairly awesome conceptually, the evil teams were the most amusing, and this generation brought about the most innovations to the series.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    My favourite is Johto. Mostly because, it was the first ever video game I ever played, (Gold) and I love it. I got it when I was 4, and I still have it with me.

Years
    If I were to go by just in-game, Hoenn easily takes it. Otherwise Sinnoh's the winner

GSC aged horribly IMO. I attempted to play through my old Crystal, but it was just so boring. Despite this, Johto is still my second favorite. It was a blast at the time.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Really from playing ROMs and ShinyGold , I have learned that Gen 2 is the best . I mean , 2 regions , a lot of sidequests , Red....
    I must say that I love they're remaking them !

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Kanto, for being the ultimate source of quality nostalgia. Johto was a great expansion, but after that the creativity meter fell steeply.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I would go with Gen 4 because im more familliar with it than all the other generations. Besides I know Sinnoh more than all the other places.

Years
    I would have to say that Kanto is the best because it's geographically a lot more complex and less linear than other gens. It had great Gym Leader designs, and great Pokemon designs as well. Also, it was the first gen, and you have to give it credit.

But I'd have to say I love Hoenn best. It had my favorite character and Pokemon designs, and the towns and cities were extremely memorable. I also loved the style, which I sort of miss now. :<

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    Johto owns you all

My favorite generation is a tie between Gen I and Gen II cause I'm old-school like that. I picked Johto in the poll though.

Pokefan2007

BOOTED IN
    Years
    I love Johto! There is nothing more I can say, Except that I loved the places you can go, Whirl Islands, Etc. Pokefan2007:t149:

Back