• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Gym Leader Music? (Every Game)

Which Game has the Best Gym Leader Music?

• Kanto Gen I R/B/Y

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johto Gen II G/S/C

• Hoenn Gen III R/S/E

• Kanto Gen III FR/LG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
    Years
    Best Gym Leader Music:
    Choose from:

Kanto Gen I R/B/Y
    Johto Gen II G/S/C
    Hoenn Gen III R/S/E
    Kanto Gen III FR/LG
    Sinnoh Gen IV D/P/PT
    Johto Gen IV HG/SS
    Unova Gen V B/W

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Black and White applies to those two games only, so this is best fit for Pokemon Gaming Central. Due to that, I moved your thread to that section. :D

As for me, the best one imo is Unova's.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
    Years
    Thanks

Black and White applies to those two games only, so this is best fit for Pokemon Gaming Central. Due to that, I moved your thread to that section. :D

As for me, the best one imo is Unova's.

Ah, thanks. I only joined today ;)

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    It really all boils down to presentation. White all the Gym Leader music is awesome in each game, only one really makes it feel like a huge event for any trainer... and that's the Unova Region's.

The fact that it starts off in the traditional manner is nice, but when your Pokemon is about to faint (although in any battle), a much better peril theme kicks in. It's especially daunting in Gym battles and when facing the Elite Four.

But when the Gym Leader is down to their last Pokemon, much in the same manner as Fire Emblem when all enemy units have been defeated on an escape/siege map, a 'Victory is Near' theme kicks in. To me, it really kicks battling in Gyms up a notch, and that's why I feel the Gym Leader music in the Unova Region is the better of the five Generations.

But that doesn't mean I don't like the others; they're all awesome in different ways.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
    Years
    The heart gold soul silver gym leader music was awesome!:bandit:

I see. I loved the Rival battle music for that. Gym leader music was awesome too.

It really all boils down to presentation. White all the Gym Leader music is awesome in each game, only one really makes it feel like a huge event for any trainer... and that's the Unova Region's.

The fact that it starts off in the traditional manner is nice, but when your Pokemon is about to faint (although in any battle), a much better peril theme kicks in. It's especially daunting in Gym battles and when facing the Elite Four.

But when the Gym Leader is down to their last Pokemon, much in the same manner as Fire Emblem when all enemy units have been defeated on an escape/siege map, a 'Victory is Near' theme kicks in. To me, it really kicks battling in Gyms up a notch, and that's why I feel the Gym Leader music in the Unova Region is the better of the five Generations.

But that doesn't mean I don't like the others; they're all awesome in different ways.

I get where you're coming from. FireRed/LeafGreen's champion music I found to be the most intimidating. I do, however LOVE R/S/E's champion music. I think that's the best imo. It gives an adrenaline type feel when you battle.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova gym leader music are all tied for my favorites because of how they set the competitive mood.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I loved HGSS's a lot, but I eventually turned to BW's, the last Pokemon theme really won me over, as it gets how the mood of the battle should be.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 14, 2024
    My favorite is the HG/SS music for the kanto gym leaders :cool:

Ditto. That was one that was missed off of the list. >_> The HG/SS remix of the G/S/C remix of the Kanto theme was epic (yeah - it's a remix of a remix :P). The Johto one was sort of jaunty and positive, whereas the Kanto one was like 'OMGIMGUNNADIIIIIIE!!'.

I'm not really a big fan of the Black/White ones, and what I especially dislike is the other music that interrupts it, like changing the track entirely for the Low HP Alarm - what's up with that? I get used to hearing an awesome, little-heard track and then it's interrupted with something I've heard all the bloody time. Next game I'm hoping they'll go back to the basic 'ba-ding, ba-ding, ba-ding' noise, but I'm not getting my hopes up. :( (I also have gripes over the 'Victory is Near' track that plays on the last Leader's Pokémon - just makes the battle all the more cheesy).

Back