• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best place to grind?

Years
  • I've mainly done post-game training in Poni Plains, but be warned the wild Pokemon there are absolutely savage and can murder your whole team if you don't have something that can easily take them out.

Otherwise, there's only the Battle Buffet I can think of, which is once-per-day. Morimoto in Heahea City as well, though he's very tough and strategic.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    I'm post main story now. I'm trying to level up as many pokemon at once to flesh out my pokedex. I can't really carry them all in with the updated Elite 4 and take them all out with just my starter. I guess Poni Plains will have to do for now.

Is there a way to get more than one Lucky Egg?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Is there a way to get more than one Lucky Egg?

Chansey can be sometimes be summoned by Elekid as an SOS Pokemon. Be warned that Lucky Eggs are a 5% chance of being held by a Chansey and even then, getting the Chansey to appear is already rare as it is.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Chansey can be sometimes be summoned by Elekid as an SOS Pokemon. Be warned that Lucky Eggs are a 5% chance of being held by a Chansey and even then, getting the Chansey to appear is already rare as it is.

According to serebii, Chansey and Happiny no longer drop lucky eggs. Unless you have used this method in this gen don't give advice that doesn't work.

Years
  • According to serebii, Chansey and Happiny no longer drop lucky eggs. Unless you have used this method in this gen don't give advice that doesn't work.

Wow Game Freak really made this stupid decision? Kukui really is our only Lucky Egg source in the game and if we want more, we're literally out of luck until the next generation when we'll likely see SOS battles removed. Or we have to hope the Pokemon Bank update next month allows item transfers (which I doubt).

They've already made so many questionable choices with this generation but not being able to get another Lucky Egg besides Kukui's is just utterly mean.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I've got on the moment four lucky eggs, I've received three from a trade. Some people were hopeless and places a Pok?mon with a lucky egg in the GTS. I took them directly when I saw them. I still need two for a perfect six, but I can better be happy that I've got four off them.

The place that I use to train is the Poni Gauntlet. That area before the battle tree, their are a lot off Pok?mon of high level. And the Pok?mons over their aren't annoying and easy to defeat.
    Another option is the battle buffet, however it's only once a day, but it's worth it for the money.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • I've got on the moment four lucky eggs, I've received three from a trade. Some people were hopeless and places a Pok?mon with a lucky egg in the GTS. I took them directly when I saw them. I still need two for a perfect six, but I can better be happy that I've got four off them.

The place that I use to train is the Poni Gauntlet. That area before the battle tree, their are a lot off Pok?mon of high level. And the Pok?mons over their aren't annoying and easy to defeat.
    Another option is the battle buffet, however it's only once a day, but it's worth it for the money.
    I agree with the poni gauntlet. They give a high amount of exp and you can easily one shot them. If you run out of pp you can just go to the battle tree pc and put your pokemon in the box and then back. With the lucky egg and affection boost I get around 2,4k-3,2k exp for lvl 70+ mons every ~30seconds . The E4's pok?mon are a lot harder to beat because of good IV's and EV's and all the animations take too long, not only that they don't even give that much more exp. I think highest I got is around 6k?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I grinded around Poni Plains/Vast Poni Canyon towards when training for the Elite Four. Idk, I think we're pretty limited for good places to grind but that's probably one of your best options.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    A Rare Kitchen in the Festival Plaza can be a great help, especially in the post game. The lotteries in the FP are also good, as you can get Rare Candies. Level up some Meowth with the ability Pick Up and they have a higher chance of getting Rare Candies as well.

Back