• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Best places it EV train?

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    Hey guys! I just started playing Pokemon X and I'm looking to EV train some Pokemon. This ismy first time EV training, and I'd like to know some good spots and/or method to train my Pokemon. Any suggestions?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't really like linking to other sites, but this explains it better than I could, but I will try for a summarized version!

Basically, what you first want to do is decide on the EV spread you want so that you can get the proper Power items. For example, if you want to train a Pokemon in 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP, you would need the Power Bracer, which adds Attack, and the Power Anklet, which adds Speed. Then you want to infect the Pokemon you want to train with Pokerus; if you don't have Pokerus, someone in the Trade forum would probably be happy to give it to you. Next, you want a Pokemon with Sweet Scent to make it so you always encounter hordes (5 of each Pokemon). Horde + Pokerus + Power Item = 50 EVs gained per battle, which is pretty awesome!

Here are the spots:
    HP: Route 5 (Gulpin) or Connecting Cave (Whismur).
    Attack: Route 14 (Bellsprout) or Frost Cavern (Cubchoo)
    Defense: Route 10 (Nosepass) or Route 18 (Geodude)
    Special Attack: Frost Cavern (Vanilite)
    Special Defense: Route 7 (Hoppip)
    Speed: Route 8 (Wingull) or Connecting Cave (Zubat)

If you have any questions feel free to ask!!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Great tips from Altairis, but you can also Supertrain as well. I find that pokemon x and y are the easiest games to EV train so you picked the right game to get started!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Great tips from Altairis, but you can also Supertrain as well. I find that pokemon x and y are the easiest games to EV train so you picked the right game to get started!

Totally forgot about super training, actually, because I never figured out how to use it :x Is it really easier actually? I find battling to be easier for me because it feels more straightforward.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Totally forgot about super training, actually, because I never figured out how to use it :x Is it really easier actually? I find battling to be easier for me because it feels more straightforward.

I find it a lot easier. Much simpler for me. There are also things called reset bags which let you reset if you mess up. Or if you're doing a spread like 84, 252, 172 or some odd ev spread, you can save the game, use the reset bag and it will tell you how man evs you have in each stat.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I never found Super Training easier or faster than doing horde battles, but it does have its uses and you'll wanna make use of both methods really.

Years
    i ev train a lot and i think super training is a bit pointless.

each horde battle can give u 50evs so it takes6 battles to max out one stat. if you're going for a 252/252/6 spread it will take 13 battles so u can get up to 6 pokes fully,maxed in around half an hour.

for more complicated spreads I'll use vitamins first and then hordes. i also use the ev wings sometimes which increase an ev by 1. also if you're clever you can make use of ev reducing berries. also if u have a complicated spread then do the easiest one first and leave the hardest one last. this is because you can only have 510 evs

Back