• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Sound Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I was just wondering, being the music composer I am, I needed the best sound card there is for best MIDI output. If you have no idea at all about MIDI output, then just say so, and I'll explain.

So I want help from you sound experts out there, which sound card is the best for gaming and music composing (MIDI output)?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I'd recommend any model in the Creative X-FI line of Cards, though if you have the funding you could go with a GeForce nForce powered motherboard that re said to have the best MIDI anywhere.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • In my opinion, short of spending >$200 on a sound card - It doesn't really matter in the end (unless you happen to pick out a pathetic one).

I have a cheaper Audigy and it does EAX and MIDI output really well. Doesn't have any MIDI-in though.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • In my opinion, short of spending >$200 on a sound card - It doesn't really matter in the end (unless you happen to pick out a pathetic one).

I have a cheaper Audigy and it does EAX and MIDI output really well. Doesn't have any MIDI-in though.

Ditto on that. I can't put it any better. I have an X-Fi Fat.1 Edition and I'll be honest, in some games it makes a difference, but the sound driver problems it brings with it are not worth it. See if your onboard sound can over what you need.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • Ditto on that. I can't put it any better. I have an X-Fi Fat.1 Edition and I'll be honest, in some games it makes a difference, but the sound driver problems it brings with it are not worth it. See if your onboard sound can over what you need.

UNless of course you don't have onboard sound. Then I would recommend something that costs about 150-200. And look on eBay. You would be amazed what you can find there.

Zet

Years
  • UNless of course you don't have onboard sound. Then I would recommend something that costs about 150-200. And look on eBay. You would be amazed what you can find there.
    you could be buying damaged parts from ebay though, plus they can cost a lot more than an online store

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • you could be buying damaged parts from ebay though, plus they can cost a lot more than an online store
    Um, that's why you check carefully and double check prices elsewhere for the same product.

If anything, you're more likely to find a quality product for less on eBay than on an online store.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I don't care how much it costs. I only want to know the best sound card to date for MIDI output. So, could you people rephrase your help thingy. I'll find out where to buy anyways... Thanks in advance!

Zet

Years
  • I don't care how much it costs. I only want to know the best sound card to date for MIDI output. So, could you people rephrase your help thingy. I'll find out where to buy anyways... Thanks in advance!
    well actually it's pretty hard to say whats the best since you'd have to go through a wide range of sound cards

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Don't try telling me that google is my friend, cause it doesn't give the info on where to get the best. Every company says their one is the best, you see, and google only shows that. I wanted some info from the people here who may know about it better...

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Don't try telling me that google is my friend, cause it doesn't give the info on where to get the best. Every company says their one is the best, you see, and google only shows that. I wanted some info from the people here who may know about it better...

You need to read reviews, forums posts, on each model you think will meet your standards. Good practice.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Everyone has a definition of the best. I would suggest buying something that complements your sound system. Whats the point of having the best sound card with no system?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Okay mods, I don't think people here have an opinion on MIDI sounds, so close the topic away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back