• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Still weary, Kliff rolled over on his bed and gazed at his alarm. He had to get up now. Well, he wanted to - but damn was he tired. Focusing on his main objective of the day, he found the strength to pull himself out of the bed and wander into the bathroom for a shower.

After zipping his jacket up, he put his belt on and double checked he had everyhing. Check. He zipped downstairs and into the kitchen. Looked like his parents had already left for work and whatnot. There was a note on the fridge:

Kliff,
    There's a handfull of money just next to the fridge. I also made you a sandwich to save you running late. Don't be a stranger, have fun! Love you,
    Mum xx

"Dear old mother..." Kliff said to himself as he swooped up the cash and his breakfast. He would have to leave right now if he wanted to be in good time.

He took the easiest road, just a long walk down the main road and then a few windy turns towards the lab. He pondered over what starter he should have: Charmander seemed awsome, but then again hundreds of trainers must have them. Maybe a Squirtle...

After a lot more pondering, Kliff arrived and was looking at the entrance to Oak's lab. He thought for a second, and then had a sudden change of mind. He turned around and looked down the road to the Maple lab. He decided to go there instead - after all, it was her trainers that reached the final a few weeks back. She must have done something right.

Admittedly, the building wasn't as impressive as Oak's, but it was fairly new. He briskly walked in, where he found a young woman with long pink hair and a lab coat. So, it was a woman?

"Ah hello!" she said as she noticed him enter, "You would be?"

"Kliff," he replied, firmly shaking her hand, "Kliff Carterson."

"I see. I'm Professor Maple! So you'll be looking for a new pokemon then. Follow me!" She said enthusiastically, almost bouncing down the corridor. Kliff wondered how someone could be so cheery.

After being led to another room, Maple turned to face Kliff once more, "You're actually in good time, you have a choice of three! Would you like me to show you them?"

Kliff was about to respond, but then, he wasn't an expert at pokemon yet, "Actually, no. Would you be able to pick one you think would suit me best?"

"Umm, sure!" she said slightly surprised. She dissapeared for a minute or two before returning with a pokeball in hand, "From the look of you, I'd say you will benefit from a pokemon like this," Kliff took the pokeball from her.

"Thank you Professor." He released the pokemon inside expectantly, and was a little dissapointed at the result. There stood a big blue mass of coils and vines, with only two red feet and giant eyes, "Oh, a... Tangela..."

"Just take your time with this one - she's a little slow."

Oh great, a girl. This was probably going to end up like babysitting or something. But, Kliff trusted the Professor's decision. He returned the pokemon.

"These are also vital too," Maple said as she thrust more objects into Kliff's hands, "Pokeballs and the Pokedex! I trust you know what they do?" Kliff nodded, "Great, I won't bore you with details then. Anyway, I don't know if you were aware of this, but you're going to Hoenn," Kliff raised an eyebrow at this, "I have a friend down by the docks who is taking the new trainers there. Just look for Mr. Briney."

"Okay." Kliff turned to leave, but then remembered, "Thank you Professor Maple. I appreciate this."

---

As he approached the Docks, Kliff let his pokemon out. It simply flailed its vines around a little and looked up at him. He opened his new pokedex:

Tangela: The vine pokemon. Blue plant vines cloak the Pokémon's identity in a tangled mass. It entangles anything that gets close.

Kliff put the pokedex back in his back pocket, "Okay, I'm Kliff. And you will be known as... Gella... from now on, 'kay?" he said as he went down to face his new bush with legs. The pokemon nodded, "Good. And you'd better be good - don't think just because you were my first pokemon means your getting any special treatment." He said as he got up and continued walking. If becoming a good trainer meant sending Gella back, then so be it.

At the edge of one of the docks, there was an old man stationed. Sipping a cup of something and constantly talking to his Wingull. Kliff walked over,

"Are you Mr. Briney?" he asked. The man noticed Kliff,

"Indeed that would be me," he said, "You off to Hoenn I take it?" Kliff nodded with a slight grin.

(OOC: Kinda long :P Just making sure I got all the stuff in.)

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Warren's eyes snapped open. Blinking a few times, he sat up slowly and glanced around his untidy room. The clock was blinking - 7:13 am. Shaking his head to try and clear away the last fragments of his dreams, Warren swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood up, glancing over at the letter on the table in the corner - the one from Maple about the boat to Hoenn. This was going to be a fresh start...at least that was the plan. Warren started pulling on some one clothes as a faint knocking came from the corner, where an egg was sitting, wrapped in blankets. Warren ignored it. That damn egg had been shaking for days and it hadn't so much as cracked. Still rubbing his eyes, Warren hurried down the stairs and stepped out of the front door, quietly pulling it closed behind him, before setting off at a quick jog. For the last few weeks, he'd started running every morning, building muscle. He'd had something of a growth spurt as well and had finally hit average height for his age. Warren looked up as he passed Maple's lab, the only sign of life being the sleepy guard in his hut next to the door. Beedrill was still in there, recovering from the recent surgery. It had, luckily, gone off without a hitch, but there had been little progress with restoring his memories. Looking down at his new watch, a present for his fifteenth birthday just a week ago, Warren began to run a little fast and charged through the streets of Pallet Town, mostly deserted in the cool morning mist. Narrowly sidestepping a tired-looking woman pushing a pram, Warren slowed to a halt outside his front door, pulling out his key to unlock the door. The second he stepped through the door, he could tell that something was happening. A series of oohs and aahs were coming from the living room, as was an odd cracking sound. Warren slowly pushed the door open to see his parents sitting on the couch, with his egg on the table in front of them. A small hole had appeared at the top. His mother looked up as he walked in.

"Look, look!" she shouted instantly, with the unnecessarily loud voice that only mothers ever feel the need to use, "I just went in to wake you up and I saw it was hatching! Quickly, sit down!" Grinning for the first time in weeks, Warren threw himself onto the couch opposite is parents, staring fervently at the egg as it shook more and more, fragments breaking off from the hole in the top. Warren's grin widened as he saw a sharp claw poking at the gap. Maybe it was a Houndour, or even a Charmander! Then, with a loud crack, a line appeared right down the middle and the eggshell fell neatly into two half, revealing a small, brown bear with glistening black eyes and a crescent moon mark on its face. It was...cute.

"Awwww...it's a Teddiursa!" Warren rolled his eyes as his mother patted the small furry bear on the head. It giggled softly, glancing around before looking over to Warren. Unsteadily, it clambered to its feet and tottered over before falling onto his lap. Warren looked down, trying very hard not to touch it.

"It's on me...it's on me..." His father rolled his eyes.

"It's probably imprinted onto you, seeing as you were the first person to hold it when it was in the egg. There's a reason they put them in glass cases, you know." Warren made a non-committal noise and gently pushed the Teddiursa onto the floor. It glanced up and growled in a mildly annoyed way, but climbed back to its feet and looked up at Warren, grinning. Warren ignored it. His parents glanced at each other, then his mother slowly began to speak.

"Well, Warren, are you ready to set off?" Warren looked up, alarmed.

"I dunno."

"So you mean no."

"Er...yeah." Warren's mother sighed.

"You'd better go and start packing then, hadn't you? I'll stay here and keep this guy company. Oh, and Warren!" She added as he headed towards the door. Looking back, he paused in the doorway.

"What?"

"Have you thought of giving him a nickname? How about...Cuddles!" Warren glared at her in abject disgust, but Teddiursa cheered. Warren snarled.

"I am NOT calling you Cuddles. Actually, that reminds me. Teddiursa, ball, now!" Warren held u the Pokéball he'd got ready for it, but Teddiursa jumped over the beam and chuckled. Warren growled and zapped again, but missed and hit his father in the face. Growling, Warren gave a deep sigh.

"Fine...get in the ball...Cuddles." The small bear gave a little cheer of happiness as the beam hit it, standing still this time and allowing itself to be pulled into the Pokéball. Warren glared at his mother one more time, then stomped upstairs to start packing.

Two hours later, Warren thought he had most things sorted out. His bag was packed, "cuddles" was ready to go and the time was...CRAP. 10:10. He was meant to be there at ten. Hoisting his bag onto his shoulders, Warren leapt down the stairs three at a time and legged it to the front door, just pausing to yell:

"Got to go I'm late see you in a few months!" Slamming the door behind him, Warren sped down the driveway and raced through Pallet Town, before pulling up a few minutes later outside Maple's lab. A loud honk made him jump as he glared over at an old man, his hand still on the cord that had sounded the boat horn. As Warren stared, he realised that there was a channel running straight from the sea up to Maple's lab and there was right now a small boat bobbing gently on it. The old man guffawed as Warren wandered closer.

"M'name be Briney!" he called as soon as Warren was within shouting distance, "An' I'm gonna be sailing you over to Hoenn!" Warren grinned as he neared the boat, nodding to Briney before stepping onto the deck. Even as he stood there, he couldn't help but grin. Sure, he might be starting fresh with a furball named Cuddles, but there was a whole new adventure ahead...and there were a few scores that still needed settling!

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    Straight Outta' Hoenn

Vitor Aurelio
    Vitor sighed in a mixture of confusion and happiness as soon as he disembarked from Mr. Briney's boat. Apparently, Mr. Briney had been his grandfather's greatest rival back in the old Hoenn pirating days. They had fought with their Pokémon plenty times, and here, behind him was Peeko, the source of Mr. Briney's many victories. He didn't even understand how his grandfather had been able to arrange the trip, or why Mr. Briney had been willing to agree, but the fact was that he was here and he was about to start his very own journey under the highly proclaimed Professor Maple!

Yup, his grandpa was awesome! His parents were cool too, but you just couldn't compare, after all, "So Grandpa was a pirate, huh?"

"Aye, one o' the good ones." Came a coarse and high-pitched voice. Mr. Briney had been the one to answer. "We got into many scuffles me and 'im, good times!"

Maybe in the end, they aren't the greatest of rivals, but the greatest of friends? "Sounds like it." Vitor answered plainly

"Then let's stop blabbering and let's head to the lab, aye?" the big man said as he grabbed Vitor's shoulder, and began walking him to the professor's lab.

Pallet Town was quite impressive to Vitor. To an average traveler the town would've seemed small, and even bleak, but the just didn't appreciate its true magnificence. The 'big' buildings, how there seemed to be more people outside playing and working than you'd think could live here, and of course, the main attraction: the two rival labs.

Having a lab in your town was very much a source of pride for most people, but having two? It was unheard of before. And suddenly, here he was. Standing right outside of Prof. Maple's lab.

"Why we stoppin'?" came Mr. Briney's coarse voice again. "They're waiting inside me lad!"

Mr. Briney simply didn't understand what must've been going through Vitor's head; his nerves must've been killing him. But he was right, they needed to hurry up.

Once inside, Vitor simply allowed Mr. Briney to push him on to Prof. Maple's office. He apparently waved to a lab assistant, and they continued on. Vitor, on the other hand, was simply fascinated by the amount of machinery and other materials around him. A healing machine, a bookcase that covered the whole wall of the lab, and was overfilled with books on breeding, battling, training, as well as ones focused in the evolutionary family of Poliwags, Eevees etc. As they approached the door to Prof. Maple's lab, Vitor noticed one last piece of machinery he hadn't seen before: incubators. He could clearly see five incubators with eggshells cracked and sprinkled on top. "Baby Pokémon, huh?" Vitor thought excitedly.

"Well ahoy there, Professor!" Mr. Briney walked in excitedly, forcing Vitor's attention back inside the office.

Professor Maple in turn held in a yelp as she grabbed her chest, clearly startled. "Oh, Mr. Briney, so good that you're finally here." She said with a fake smile. Vitor knew she didn't have any bad intentions, but she must have been startled. "And you must the Aurelio kid, right?"

"Aye!" Vitor answered startled in turn by the professor. He had definitely spent too much time with Mr. Briney.

"T'is the old seadog's grandkid alright." Mr. Briney added.

Prof. Maple acknowledged Mr. Briney's answer with a head nod, and turned back to Vitor. "Very well then, I have three Pokémon back here, do you want to see them?"

But Vitor had already thought about it enough, "do you have any Water-types?"

Prof. Maple chuckled a little bit. She was sure that the decision had definitely been influenced by Mr. Briney, and she found amusing how Mr. Briney seemed so fond of his "greatest-enemy-ever's kid". "Yes, I do as a matter of fact, I'll bring it right up." She turned around and with a key she took out of her pocket opened a drawer in her desk, taking out a Pokéball. She also took a red-colored devise she called Pokédex, and a tray with five Pokéballs. "Here you go. Why don't you go wait in my lab while I speak with Mr. Briney here, I swear it won't take long."

"Okay." Vitor answered as he held the priced Pokéball between his hands, raising it up almost to eye level. Suddenly he jerked with a "Thank you!" and proceeded to leave the office and go back next to the incubator, to look at the eggshells.

Once outside of the office, Vitor picked up some of the shells and put them in a Ziploc bag in his backpack. "This way they won't break" he thought innocently. He had picked up a pasty yellow-colored shell, another one that was a pasty blue color. He also took one with what looked like flame designs on it, a yellow one with a pink circle in the middle, and lastly, a golden shell with vertical lines on it.

Vitor looked at each bag carefully examining it. He hadn't ever even thought of how Pokémon were born, but now, he was definitely into this. Next to the incubators, he saw another book that seemed to be pretty worn down recently. Vitor picked it up and read the title: "Pokégree: The Art of Breeding and Hatching Champions" by Prof. Elm. "Neat." Vitor told himself as he read the preface, before realizing that both Mr. Briney, and Professor Maple were standing before him now.

"Very well me lad, it's time to go!" Mr. Briney said, being the first to speak.

Vitor stumbled, putting the book back where it was, before hearing Prof. Maple's sweet voice "Please keep it if you so wish, I've already read it, and I don't need it anymore." Vitor tried to object, but when no words came out, he simply nodded. "Very well then, you're on your way trainer."

"Aye, just tell the others to go to the pier to find me, eh?" Mr. Briney requested, and then with a wave of hands, they were on their way.

"Real beauty, eh sonny?" Mr. Briney suggested to Vitor who simply blushed, making the seaman laugh. The conversation on the way to the pier kept on this way. The sun was now shining brighter, the streets seemed more occupied, and the breeze that came from the south smelled of salt. "Reminds you of home, eh?" Mr. Briney asked as he jumped into the boat, heading over to pet Peeko, who had been taking care of it. "You should let your Pokémon out now, whatever it is, if it is a Water-type, it'll enjoy being here."

"Aye aye!" Vitor answered in a more cheerful manner. He had a weakness for cute older women, but was doing well now. He took out the Pokéball, and with a click on the one button that it had, a bright white light came out, materializing into a yellow duck-like Pokémon.

"Psy… duck!" it said jerking its head to the side on the second syllable of pronouncing his name, holding its head with both hands.

Mr. Briney let out a loud laugh, and noticing Vitor's look of uncertainty, started: "Psyduck, a real handful eh. Them always got strong headaches, so he'll be hard to take care of."

"He?" Vitor questioned.

"Uh… don't worry about it, it's a he… Oh look, there's two other trainers heading over here!"

"Wingull!" Peeko celebrated as well.

Vitor looked over excited, but froze right after… "Holy'ish is that… the Indigo Plateau champion Sam Saruno???" And upon not receiving a reply, Vitor looked over and noticed that Mr. Briney was talking to no other than Warren Simmons?!?!

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    ((Kinda short and rushed, but I don't want to hold anyone back!))

Louisa Fischer and boats do not mix. They have, in fact, never mixed. Lou liked her feet on the ground, preferably in some nice soil, not on a some boat that rocks with every movement. Knowing that, it's not very strange to see Louisa Fischer in a corner of her room, trying not to get seasick.

"It's okay Lou, you'll get through it. It's just a small ship, and a small journey. Shouldn't take long to sail from Hoenn to Kanto. Not long at all. You'll be fine." She was lying to herself, and she knew it, but lying was a lot better than facing the truth when facing the truth meant that she had an 80% chance of hurling.

So instead, she tried to keep her mind off of it by replaying the last event of her life, saying goodbye to her mom and papa. They woke her up early in the morning with a tray of orange juice and toast with strawberry-jam, fresh from their own produce. She rarely got luxuries like that, and almost started crying there.

It had gotten worse with her last crack-of-dawn stroll through the orchard. She nearly burst into tears then. She had bet the Tauros that helped with the work. Given him an apple for the effort. She would seriously miss the farm, it was where she belonged and she loved it. And now she would be off and away, to Kanto.

She had taken the boat, hugging her parents for one last time before stepping on the torture device. A sharp shout told her that they had moored in Pallet Town, and not a second too late.

Lou stumbled on the ground, gasping at all of the sights. It was a small town, but everything was so different from what she was used to. It was busy with people even so early in the morning, and the lab was clearly recognizable.

She entered the building and gasped again, there was a woman with bright pink hair in room. Fancy that! Bright pink! She'd never seen that around her farm. Never had she seen anyone with pink hair! The woman caught her staring at her, and she smiled. "And who might you be?"

"L-Lou… Lou Fisher!" Lou stumbled, still dumbstruck that someone might have bubblegum-pink hair.

"Ah, Lou, how are you, I'm Professor Maple? Never mind the casualties, how about I show you your Pokémon now, right this way please." The professor led Lou to a room with a few red and white Poké Balls. She picked one up, paused, and picked up another one. "This is a Ponyta, quite a temperamental one too. Are you sure you're up for it?" She still carried a warm smile, which Lou returned.

"Miss, I've earned the respect of quite an arrogant Tauros, I think I can handle this Ponyta," she said confidently, with her slight accent.

"Okay, well you certainly sound like you can." Maple handed her all the usual stuff, Pokédex, Poké Balls and all that jazz. "I trust you know what to do with this? Well, you'll find out soon enough anyway."

Lou nodded, she was starting to like this woman, she was nice, if not very determined. She liked that.

"Now off you go then, to Hoenn!"

"Hoenn?!" Lou's eyes visibly widened with excitement. No one told her that she was going back to Hoenn!

Professor Maple directed her to a boat that was waiting to ferry them all over. There was an old man, looking rather rough for his age, with a little Wingull that was flying around overhead. "Hello!" Lou waved at him with a smile, and he waved back. "I was told that you'd ferry me back to Hoenn!"

"That would be me yes, the one and only, jump a'board with the others!" And Lou didn't even mind that she was going on a ship again, she was going back. Back to Hoenn, and an adventure!

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    Nice opening posts guys! Once Manipulation posts, we'll be ready to move on :)

@Izuna - Nice touch having travis in the post. I'm sure it's not the last we'll see of him ;)

Congratulations Sam hatched a Level 5 Cleffa (Clef)

@Zeph - Nice start, Kliff seems a little underwhelmed by 'Gella' at the moment hey?

Congratulations Kliff recieved a Level 5 Tangela (Gella)
    Congratilations Kliff recieved a Pokedex and some Pokeballs

@Amoire of Invincibility - Looks like Warren and 'Cuddles' are going to have lots lof fun! :P

Congratulations Warren hatched a Level 5 Teddiursa (Cuddles)

@drunk¬_¬ - Arr nice post matey! Mr Briney's rubbing off on Vitor then?

Congratulations Vitor recieved a Level 5 Psyduck
    Congratulations Vitor recieved a Pokedex and some Pokeballs

@Luigi-a - Good start, two boat rides in one day... not ideal for someone with sea sickness lol

Congratulations Lou recieved a Level 5 Ponyta
    Congratulations Lou recieved a Pokedex and some Pokeballs

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    OOC: Short post is short, nothing better than a short post for an introduction, right?

All around the fresh town was covered in daisies amongst other vegetation. The sky was a shining blue, the rays of the sun were reflecting off nearby windows; once stared into, blinding was imminent. James' journey was never easy, and it hadn't got any easier lately. His beloved Pokémon, mainly his Munchlax and Vulpix, had been stolen. He'd heard rumours of others being stolen and heard about them possibly being in the Hoenn Region. James was following up any leads he could.

Luckily for James, he still had one more Pokémon in his grasp. This Pokémon had hatched from an egg he kept close around him, his Pokémon were stolen whilst he was sleeping. James had recently been sleeping with the egg in his arms, so, this was the reason why this egg wasn't stolen. Not long after the theft of James' Pokémon, a healthy young Sandshrew hatched from the egg, and continued to thrive in the given conditions.

A short, little, gutsy fighter was what James was left with. Now, he had to find a way to get to the Hoenn region. He'd been searching around the Kanto region for a solution, and now, he finally had one. His searching had brought him back to the start of his journey, Pallet Town. Here, he'd first received his bright young Vulpix from Professor Maple.

James was struggling not to tear up, this was because he was beginning to remember the memories that he and his first partner had shared. This also led to the remembrance of his other partners, his Snorlax mostly. He remembered the lax Pokémon when he was a mischievous little Munchlax, and would never stay in sight.

Now, he'd heard of his old pal, Sam, winning the Pokémon league. James was of course jealous but would not let it show. He'd also heard of other trainers having their Pokémon stolen, he really hoped that Sam was not one of these victims. Especially with a team that strong! Any team that won the Pokémon league had to be strong!

Pallet was his venue for one reason, and one reason only. He wanted to find a way to Hoenn. He'd heard that the famous sea captain Mister Briney and his Wingull were about. Now, he was looking around for them, as James was sure that they could help him find his way into the Hoenn region. But, the main task was finding them, no-one around the town had heard of them being about; so James' hopes were beginning to fade.

Then, a shining light beaconed for him, he'd found a clue. There was a trail of blue tinted white feathers lying across the green floor. Now, James began to follow the trail in hope of recovering the whereabouts of the sea fare man and his Pokémon. Then, James' hopes were fulfilled; there was a patch of water. On that water, laid a boat and a small white Pokémon was circling high above it.

James took out Sandshrew's Pokéball and summoned out the young shrew. James wanted his Pokémon to experience the ocean waves first hand, in case of future emergencies at sea. Sandshrew looked up at James, and winked. The pair were in sync as they began to walk over to the boat, and of course, the beginning of a new journey!

slls81

Years
    @Manipulation - Welcome back to the RP :) Nice opening post.

Congratulations James hatched a Level 5 Sandshrew

He remembered the lax Pokémon when he was a mischievous little Munchlax, and would never stay in sight.

I think we all remember Munchlax lol :D

OOC: What happened to your avatar? :/

Next Post

Start your post from the moment you are dropped off at Mr Briney's cottage.

Route 104

Number of Posts: 2-3

Description: The Route is where Mr. Briney lives. It leads to Petalburg Woods.

What can you do in a Route?

Generally the main two things you can do on a route are capturing pokémon and battling trainers. You can do many other things, you know free will and all that... Anyways, you cannot meet any of the other RPers, and everyone have fun.

Wild Pokemon
    Commonly seen pokémon in this area

Zigzagoon
    Level: 3-5
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Pick Up or Gluttony
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip (Level 5)
    Nature: Random

Poochyena
    Type: Dark
    Ability: Run Away or Quick Feet
    Attacks: Tackle, Howl (Level 5)

Uncommonly seen pokémon in this area

Wingull
    Level: 3-4
    Type: Water/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Attacks: Growl, Water Gun

Taillow
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Guts
    Attacks: Peck, Growl, Focus Energy (Level 4)

Rarely seen pokémon in the area
    Surskit
    Level: 3
    Type: Bug/Water
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Attacks: Bubble

Note - the title specifying the rarity of a pokémon refers to how hard a pokémon is to catch. i.e. a much better post is required to catch an uncommon pokémon than to catch a common pokémon.
    How I level the pokémon you're catching will depend on how good your post is. When you're trying to catch a pokémon, you cannot decide if you catch it. When trying to catch a pokémon you have to finish your post off when you throw the pokéball and wait for my response telling you if the capture was successful or not. You cannot continue until you know that it was caught. In battles, I will level up your pokémon depending on the quality of your battle post.

Last edited:

Zeph.

Years
    Vs. Poochyena

The small boat eventually came to rest next to a small cottage. Briney turned the engine off and hopped out of the boat, turning back to face Kliff,

"Welcome to the Hoenn region! This here's where I live, care to come in?"

"...oh, umm, no thanks. I think I'll just be on my way." Kliff said as he took his first footsteps onto Hoenn soil, "Thanks a bunch."

As he walked away from the small cottage, Kliff observed the Hoenn landscape - it was certainly a lot... greener. There was a pang of salt in the air too, something Pallet Town didn't seem to have much of. He unclipped Gella's pokeball from his belt and released her,

"Taaang?" it said inquisitively,

Kliff walked towards the tall grass, "See if you can help me find anything," he said. He took no time in beginning his training. The vine pokemon did as asked when it caught on to what Kliff was saying, running into the grass, moving here and there for any signs of life. Just after a few minutes, frantic calls could be heard from where she was, and Kliff waded through the grass to inspect. He found Gella, looking at him hopefully. She had found a pokemon. Kliff brought out his pokedex,

Poochyena: The bite pokemon. It savagely threatens foes with bared fangs. It chases after fleeing targets tenaciously. It turns tail and runs, however, if the foe strikes back.

From the looks of it, the Poochyena was busy with something it had caught - working away on god knows whatever that used to be. Kliff looked at Gella,

"Moment of truth," he said gesturing to Poochyena. Gella simply stared at it. Kliff sighed, "We're going to fight it?" Gella clicked and hopped up with anticipation. The small dog got the idea too and readied itself for battle. Kliff's training days truly began right here and now. He checked Gella on the pokedex for moves,

"Use Constrict then," he said commandingly. There was a pause, before the Tangela responded with three outstretched vines, latching onto Poochyena. The pup cried out as it was hoisted into the air by the vines. It squirmed and squirmed and was beggining to loosen free,
    "Tighten!" Gella responded and the vines snapped tighter, leaving Poochyena gasping in pain. Its feet twitched furiously in search of ground, but Gella had it well in her grasp.

Kliff watched as his new pokemon continued doing damage to the dog. While admittedly she wasn't the most impressive pokemon ever, she could certainly hold her own - infact Poochyena hadn't even come close to her. Just as this though crossed his mind, the dog, in an act of desperation, bit it's small teeth down on one of Gella's vines. She squealed, and in effect loosened her grip. Poochyena jumped down to the ground and landed hard, coming down on one paw. It had taken a lot of damage. But it picked itself up and let out a small howl. Gella felt slightly intimidated and worried aswell,

"Don't let that get to you," Kliff said, keeping his calm, "As long as it can't get close it--" his sentence was cut short as Poochyena Tackled Gella, ramming her to the side. The grass pokemon stumbled and fell over. Kliff sighed - he could tell that Gella needed a lot more battling experience. Just as she got up, Poochyena hit her again, causing her to roll over. She was taking too much time to get up between hits. Kliff checked his pokedex... he had an idea. The small mut ran at Gella again,
    "Constrict! Don't let it hit you!" The Tangela responded quicker this time, grabbing Poochyena aroung the waist and again lifting it,
    "Now, use Ingrain." Gella let some vines drop below her and bury themselves into the ground. Roots planted, she slowly began to renourish her energy,
    "Toss it," Gella flung Poochyena a few meters away, sending it crashing to the ground. With a final effort, the pup got up to its feet and ran wildly at Gella,
    "Let it hit you," Kliff said. The Tangela looked at him with concern in here large eyes, "Don't worry," he said reassuringly and with a slight smile. Poochyena leapt and hit Gella head on - however this time she didn't fall over. Ingrain had, in effect, planted her, so she was stuck,
    "Now, while it's touching you - Constrict!" Gella wrapped a number of vines around the mut, engulfing it and trapping it within her. Poochyena squirmed, but it was securely entagled,
    "Now slam it down," Kliff said more relaxed, knowing this would end it. Gella lifted the pup up, and sent it crashing into the dirt. Surrounded by a small cloud of dust, she let go of the dog, and retracted her roots. She walked back to Kliff, leaving the fainted Poochyena behind.

Kliff looked down at his pokemon. It looked back up,
    "You look pleased," he said. Tangela nodded slightly, "...and so you should be." Kliff rubbed Gella's head, "You've got something, I can tell." Gella looked over at Poochyena, then looked back at Kliff,
    "Tang, gela?" she asked, pointing a vine at one of Kliff's pokeballs. He got the idea,
    "No, I won't catch it," he said, dismissing the idea, "It put up a poor fight, it can't be any good." Gella shrugged, then continued walking the way Kliff was headed,

"So you want to keep going with me?" He laughed silently, "Okay, let's go then." He walked alongside his new pokemon.

Last edited:

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    Silently stepping off of the boat, Sam said nothing as he walked away from the cabin where they'd landed. The boat ride had been horrible. The captain was loud and talkative, but only a handful of the other trainers had wanted to talk. Warren had been there, but Sam hadn't had the courage to approach him. Reaching for a pokeball (which contained Cleff), he walked out onto the route. For some reason, it felt like his first day as a trainer. Sam smiled at the sky, which revealed nothing about the day. It was going to be a good day...or so he thought.

"Hey you!" the captain yelled.

"Yeah?" he asked, looking at him.

"Be careful! Some agressive pokemon live here!" Briney cried. Sam chuckled.

"Captain, I'm the Kanto League Champion. I think I'll be fine," he said, walking away. He walked down the path, wondering just what he would find here. Suddenly growling echoed out from somewhere along the path. Sam scowled.

"Whatever you are...back off," he said, continuing to walk. Suddenly, a pokemon leapt out at him. He grabbed Cleff's pokeball and threw. The small pink pokemon appeared, looking around. The pokemon was a small, black pokemon. "Wonder what in god's name you are..." Sam whipped out his newly updated pokedex.

Poochyena, the bite pokemon. This pokemon is a common sight near woods and some residential areas. It is very agressive, but lacks the physical strength to back it up.

"I see...a dark type no doubt...still, could be useful. Cleff, let's do this with pound!" Sam yelled. Clef lept forward, trying to smash the black dog with it's arm. The Poochyena easily dodged backwards, rushing at Cleff with a powerful tackle. Clef slid backwards, injured. Sam smiled. This might be interesting yet.

"Yena!" the black pokemon charged again, aiming for Cleff.

"Show it Charm!" Sam said. Cleff looked forward and blew a kiss at the dog. It slowed down, eyes wide open. This was the opening!"Let's go, Covet!" Cleff charged forward and tackled the Poochyena, who flew backwards. Sam smiled. That move really gave Cleff motivation for some reason that was yet unexplained.

"Yena!" Poochyena leapt forward and pounced on Cleff, who started to struggle wildly.

"Hit it with Pound!" Sam yelled. Cleff swung its arm hard, hitting the black dog hard in the nose. It backed off, growling angerly. It charged forward, snarling at Cleff. Cleff smiled, stepping quickly to the side. The dog quickly slid around, preparing to attack again. It leapt at Cleff again, but Sam had already anticipated this.

"Go, use Covet!" he cried. Cleff leapt forward, knocking it out of the air. Poochyena snarled for a second before charging at Cleff again. It hit Cleff hard in the stomach, sending it flying into a nearby rock. Cleff cried out in pain as it charged again. "Cleff!" Sam cried, looking over. Cleff slowly stood up, an angry look on its face. Poochyena charged over and Cleff swung its hand forward. Poochyena kicked back and the two quickly got into a bit of a struggle.

Sam sighed, looking over at the two. They were really getting into it. It was a little bit embarassing, really. Cleff was now smacking Poochyena's side as the black dog was headbutting its stomach. Sam sighed again before deciding to get back in control.

"Alright, use Covet!" Sam cried again. Cleff backed up before charging at Poochyena again. Poochyena backed up before using a tackle of its own. The two collided, flying backwards quickly after the moves connected. Cleff hit the ground rolling and Poochyena simply slid a few feet before starting to snarl again.

"POOCHYENA!" it cried, charging at its apparent top speed. It was about to smash into Cleff when Sam noticed something about their positions. Cleff had stopped right in front of a tree and Poochyena was heading straight on that line. He quickly knew how to finish this fast.

"Jump, Cleff!" he yelled. The pink pokemon leapt into the air. Poochyena looked up at it as it daintily flew through the air, not realizing it was on a collision course with the tree. With an audible smack, it hit the tree. It backed up, obviously dazed. "Now end this! Pound!" Cleff landed and swung hard, smashing Poochyena's side. It flew quickly at another tree, hitting it hard. Sam quickly reached in a pocket of his bag he hadn't reached in since he caught Steelix. Grabbing a pokeball, he tossed it with a hard throw. It hit Poochyena, who was laying there and shaking its head and released a red light. The black dog was quickly enveloped in the light and pulled into the red and white sphere. It closed and started to shake violently. Back and forth, back and forth it shook. Sam shook with anticipation. With any luck, this pokemon would make a powerful addition to his team...

OOC: Well, quite a long post for a capture. Hope its good :)

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    VS Growlithe

Vitor Aurelio
    The boat ride back to Hoenn had been enjoyable. Vitor loved the sea. He had been born in a town that depended on it, had pirate blood in him, and now, he even had a Water-type Starter.

But as much as he loved the sea and loved talking about the Lapras he saw in the distance, or how he swears he also saw a school of Gyarados… He would never think about the Cinnabar shore again… no ****ing way.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Upon reaching Hoenn, Vitor didn't even know how to feel. He had been told that the journey would be in Hoenn by Mr. Briney on their way to Kanto, and they weren't even in the part that he knew "Representing fo' tha EAST!" It was kind of depressing, but then again, getting far away was part of the whole experience. Right?

Anyways, Vitor got out being extra careful not to fall off or do something stupid. He was in the presence of two of the most talented Pokémon trainers in all of Kanto, and being the avid League fan that he was, he really admired them, and thus, didn't want to do nothing stupid.

He waved bye to those that had been left behind him, still on the boat (including Mr. Briney), and began to walk. He needed to make his way to Rustboro, and the earlier he began walking, the better as far as he was concerned. The route wasn't complicated. Mr. Briney had told them that the entrance to Petalburg Woods was just north of his house, and that they wouldn't get lost… it was true. In a short five-minute walk, Vitor was already in sight of the entry. He picked up the pace a little, deciding he would rest as soon as he crossed it, but someone stopped him.

"Hey you! Come over here, I challenge you!" a voice called out to him.

"Huh? Me?" Vitor asked a bit in disbelief. I mean, he knew about Pokémon battles and stuff, but he didn't think people would be so direct… "Umm… okay?"

"Alright! I'm going to destroy you with the Pokémon that my father bought for me. They say that these are some of the most rare Pokémon ever. Go Growlithe!"

"What the…?" Asked Vitor as he took out his Pokédex. He knew there were a lot of different Pokémon out there, but what was that?
    ~ Growlithe, the Puppy Pokémon. Growlithe are very protective of their territory, and will Bark and Bite to drive away any intruders. ~

Vitor looked over at his challenger's Pokémon… "bought?" The Growlithe, in effect, looked confused at the whole situation himself. Is that allowed? Damn"

"Go Psyduck!" The whole situation was wrong; did Growlithe even want to fight?

"Finally!" the other kid yelled. He was more or less of Vitor's age group, 13-15, and had a snotty look. Bright blond hair parted on the side, expensive clothes, what looked like a comb sticking halfway out of his pocket. It was confirmed: the kid was a douche! "Growlithe let's psyche 'em out first, use Roar!"

Although the Growlithe had looked cuddly and cute just a second ago, it was now letting out a Roar like no other. "Roooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarr!!!" It was lengthy, and it activated a primal instinct within Vitor to cower, having to hold his now-full bladder.

Suddenly, Psyduck fell backwards, clutching his head harder than ever, as he began to cry. "Damn, I forgot he was still a baby!" Vitor lamented as he looked on to his Pokémon. Trying to reach forwards to his Pokémon, something stopped him. Embers. "You bastard, what's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me? Nothing. Why are you trying to interfere in the fight, huh? What's wrong with you?!"

Vitor gritted his teeth. This guy was ridiculous! If only that Growlithe wasn't (God knows why) protecting him, he would just beat the **** out of him! "Psyduck!" he yelled firmly, catching his Pokémon's attention, causing him to stop sobbing for a second.

"Psy?"

"Psyduck, I need you to calm down. Breathe in slowly and deeply." He instructed and Psyduck did as told. It was fascinating how easily they could comprehend us even though they don't really understand what we're saying really; truly fascinating.

"Is this a joke? Growlithe use Roar again!" Growlithe did as told, but Psyduck's tears were already drying up, and his hands were more relaxed on his head, like he was just resting them up there.

"Okay Psyduck! Time for the counterattack! Use your strongest water move, now!"

At the command, Psyduck, who had been facing back towards Vitor (not the smartest thing ever), showed a glint in his eyes. Like he was ready to take heads you know? He changed his gaze from Vitor to the Growlithe slowly, and opening his mouth wide, looked up and shot a little drizzle of water, which fell on him, soaking the Pokémon completely.

"Ha ha ha! What a dumbass! You don't even know your own Pokémon's moves?" the snotty kid began laughing. Vitor blushed, he didn't know Psyduck's moves, and so he needed to make the next one count. Opening the Pokédex on his hand, Vitor scanned his Pokémon.
    ~ Psyduck, the Duck Pokémon. Psyduck have a chronic headache. When this headache becomes severe enough, they can awaken a mysterious power, although they can never remember what they did. ~

"Damn that doesn't help!" Vitor thought as he toggled with the Pokédex. "Here we go, Moves page"
    Psyduck
    Item: ---
    Moves:

• Scratch
    • Water Sport
    • Tail Whip
    "As if I'd let you. Growlithe, Bite that thing!" the kid interrupted Vitor, while Psyduck was still spitting water on himself.

"Psyduck, counter it with a Scratch!" Vitor ordered.

Growlithe ran as fast as it could towards the Duck Pokémon. He really did try its best, but Psyduck had the advantage of not having to move. As Growlithe lunged itself forwards, fangs open. Psyduck simply smacked it across the face, scratching it with its sharp nails, and throwing him to the other direction.

"Growl" the Growlithe whimpered as it struggled back on its feet.

"Now use Tail Whip!" Vitor ordered unrelentingly. Prompting Psyduck to jump forward, and smack the Growlithe hard with his thick tail.

"Arrrgh" the kid growled, and quickly barked another order. "Let's stop playing with this kid, Growlithe, use Ember!" Growlithe complied, and blew violent flames that completely engulfed Psyduck.

"No!!!" Vitor yelled looking on to the 'human' bonfire that stood before him, as a little tear began to drip from his eye. "It… can't… be…"

Psyduck was just standing there, Vitor could tell for the shadow, not moving, as the flames bit over and over. Suddenly, however, a little trickle of water became visible from the top of the bonfire. And the flames became extinguished little by little until only the sight of Psyduck was left. Hands uncharacteristically down by its waist, a deviated look on his eyes, and an open mouth from where that little trickle of water emerged. "Yes." Vitor wiped his face relieved. "Psyduck, let's kill this bastard! Use Scratch!"

Psyduck acted like a serial killer. He ran up to the much faster Growlithe, and scratched it right in the face. Growlithe, who tried to Roar, could only yelp as its attack was stopped by another powerful Scratch that sent it flying to the side.

"Get up Growlithe, use Ember!" the kid would yell, but Growlithe had seen too much. The Pokémon had been through a lot in its lifetime, and seeing its most powerful Ember attack being shrugged off like that had taken its toll psychologically.

"Don't give it a chance!" Vitor yelled. Psyduck didn't. As the Growlithe prepared to blow out the flames, Psyduck appeared in front of it. Eyes that could scare the mightiest of Aggrons, Growlithe swallowed its flames before being hit again. It was only a matter of time.

"Scratch it again, don't let it breathe!" Vitor ordered enthusiastically, his despair turned into hope, and his fear into bloodlust. Growlithe had been hurt. A lot. Its face was soaked in blood, and its body covered with bruises. The fight would be theirs.

"Goddamn Growlithe! Do something! Freakin' Bite it for Arceus' sake!" The bickering of the kid clearly didn't help the cause, but Growlithe was a proud fighter, and it wouldn't go down easily.

"Growl…" it snarled, as it got ready for Psyduck's next attack.

"Psy… duck!" the Water Pokémon attacked, but in the middle of his swing, Growlithe jerked its neck, and strongly Bit the opposing Pokémon's arm.

It wasn't even on purpose. But the bite had brought Psyduck back from berserk-mode, and Psyduck's distraught character came back. "Psy?" it questioned the feeling. Psyduck was only just a baby, a Pokémon who had been born less than three days ago. A Pokémon who had never experienced: PAIN.

"Psyduck!" he screamed to the sky in his high-pitched voice, and passed out from the pain. That's right, didn't even try to get away, Psyduck just left his arm inside the mouth of the Fire-type Pokémon, and went to sleep. The fight was over. Vitor lost.

Realizing this, Vitor recalled his Pokémon. "Thanks for the good fight." He said while gritting his teeth. He didn't like this guy, he really didn't, but he hadn't seen the worse of him.

"Stupid freaking Pokémon!" he yelled as he kicked the Growlithe and recalled it, that fight was so easy, it's incredible you did so b…!" he didn't get time to finish though. Vitor didn't care who this guy was, or who was wrong here, but no one was going to kick a Pokémon in front of him, especially not one so noble.

Now, the kid lay in the floor, holding his cheek as he felt something wet and with a strong iron-like taste flow down from his nose and into his mouth. He looked up at Vitor in disbelief. "Did you just hit me?!" he sounded scared, but more than scared, he sounded alarmed. It was as if he thought something was going to happen. That the Petalburg City Police Department would arrive within a second and apprehend Vitor for what he did... but no one showed up.

"DO YOU DARE HIT ME! XAVIER BARRINGTON IN THE FACE! YOU BASTARD!!!"

Vitor looked at him with the coldest stare he could muster. "I don't care about who you are, or who you think you are. I only care about the stuff that you do that affects me in some way or another, and the way you treat that Pokémon fraking affects me, alright? So you get the floor, ¿comprendes?"

This time, Xavier didn't say anything. He just stayed where he was, unable to look away. Vitor spat next to him. "You're disgusting."

Last edited:

slls81

Years
    @Zeph - Nice post. Kliff's starting to warm to Gella then?

Congratulations Tangela (Gella) grew to Level 7 and learned Sleep Powder

@Izuna - Good post. I thought it showed the contrast between Sam's league winning team and his new younger pokemon really well. :)

Congratulations Sam caught a Level 4 Poochyena

@drunk¬_¬ - Nice first post. Looks like Vitor could have an interesting journey.

Congratulations Psyduck grew to Level 6

Zeph.

Years
    Vs. Lotad

Kliff was slightly relieved when he saw the entrance to the Forest nearing. Gella too was pretty anxious, bobbing along faster towards it. It makes sense that a grass type like her would feel at home in somewhere like... where was that place called?
    He came to a sign, it read,
    "Petalburg Woods - Now approaching."

That pretty much answered his question. He made a straight line towards the entrance when he was caught by a sudden voice,

"Hey you over there! I saw you come off the boat, show me what you got!" a young, male voice said demandingly,
    "What in the..." Kliff said as he turned and caught sight of the trainer. It was a young boy - who looked just old enough to own a pokemon. He panted slightly as he came to Kliff,
    "Wow, a Tangela? Those things are hardly seen here! I take it you're not from around?"
    Kliff tried not to sound aggrivated, "Nope. Pallet Town."
    "Awsome!" the boy said. He unclipped a pokeball and released his battler. It was a small blue pokemon with a lillypad on its back. Kliff opened the pokedex,

Lotad: the Water Weed Pokemon. It lives in ponds with clean water, and is known to ferry small Pokémon across ponds by carrying them on the broad leaf on its head.

"Me n' Lotad here will rock you socks!"

Rock your socks... seriously?

"...Gella." The small vine pokemon walked out infront of Kliff, looking more confident about battling now.
    "Allow me," the boy said before Kliff had a chance to speak, "Astonish!" Lotad immideately bounced forward, right infront of Gella's face. The Tangela squeaked in fright and fell backwards,
    "C'mon, get up!" Kliff ordered. Gella rose to her feet, "Use Constrict!" Gella hurled two vines out to Lotad and snared it in its grasp. Lotad let out a cry as it was getting squeezed,
    "Perfect! Absorb, Lotad!" the youngster blurted. Lotad began to glow a faint red, and shortly so too did Gella. She began to weaken her grip as Lotad drained her energy slowly,
    "You're a grass type, hang in there!" Kliff said, "Use Ingrain to keep your energy at a stable rate!" Gella buried a few of her vines below her and slowly regained health.
    "Are you giving me the energy?" the boy asked with a slight laugh, "Keep up the absorb!"
    At first, Kliff was slightly confused as to why his opponent was just letting his Lotad remain wrapped up by Gella, continuously sapping energy. Gella wouldn't run out, so what was he doing? Wait, that was the point:

Gella wouldn't run out! Meaning he would never grow tired!

"Change of plan Gella, throw it away!" Kliff said with haste. Gella tossed Lotad back to its trainer, where it landed with a slight thump. However it got up, and the attack was continuing,
    "Absorb's a special technique! I don't need contact!" the boy said with upmost joy. Kliff was slowly beggining to get pi**ed. He checked his pokedex, looking for a solution. Wait a second, Sleep Powder? Gella learned a new move, it could work!

"Gella, Sleep Powder!"
    "Wha!" the boy blurted in shock, but too late. Gella extended a few vines over Lotad and, in a sprinkling motion, released a flurry of light green powder over it. Lotad blinked a few times, before slumping to the ground asleep.
    "Lotad! Get up!" the boy begged, however his pokemon wasn't going to wake anytime soon,
    "One final Constict Gella!" Kliff commanded. Gella once again snared Lotad up in its vines, before squeezing hard. She tossed the pokemon back to the boy, who was staring in disbelief,
    "I don't want to seriously hurt your Lotad," kliff said, "besides, it looks worn out already."
    The boy nodded sadly and returned his pokemon to it's ball. He had accepted defeat. He walked back to the nearest town silently.

Kliff turned back to Gella, still planted firmly in the ground,
    "Taaang..." it said, sounding a little tired. It was probably making the most of Ingrain,
    "Not bad at all," he said, "full of surprises aren't you?" he took his bag off and sat on a small bump on the ground, "Think I'll take a breather too."

Last edited:

sasuneuchiha

Years
    With a click, the ball stopped shaking. A feeling Sam hadn't felt in a while flowed through him. A sense of accomplishment. A sense of pride. A sense that he'd just captured a new team mate.

"Cleff! We did it!" Sam smiled. The small pink pokemon leapt about in happiness, though just a minute ago it had been really angry with Poochyena. Grabbing the pokeball, Sam tossed it a few feet in front of him. The black dog appeared, growling.

"Yena poochyena!" it cried, looking around. Sam smiled.

"Poochyena, my name's Sam. I just caught you and now I'd like you to join up with me and Cleff as we adventure throughout Hoenn. You up for it?" Sam asked, petting it. He was quickly repaid with a bite to the hand. "Gah! You little..." he started, clutching his hand. The damn thing bit him. None of his old pokemon had done that when he'd caught them...but this was a strange new region. Holding back the endless waves of swearing that would have put even Warren to shame, he took a deep breath and put on a smile.

"Okay...let's try this again. Would you like to come with us, Poochyena?" Sam asked. The pokemon looked at him for a second, but then swung around and kicked him right in the crotch. Screaming in pain, Sam closed one eye. This pokemon was a massive problem...

"Hahaha! You're pathetic, ya know that?" a voice cried. Looking up from his pain, Sam saw a boy standing there, laughing hystarically. Scowling as he stood up, Sam returned Poochyena to its pokeball.

"What was that?" he asked, calling Cleff over.

"That you're pathetic! Honestly, I've never seen anyone fail that badly at training a pokemon!" the boy said, laughing at him.

"I'll have you know I trained an incredible team over the course of last year, in fact, we were so good back home in Kanto..." Sam started.

"Ha! Kanto's only got two legit trainers. Sam Saruno, the league champion and Warren Simmons, his runner up," the boy said, attempting to mock Sam. "And I could take 'em both, no sweat."

"Is that so? Well, if you can think you can take Sam Saruno you can certainly take me...so, you in?" Sam asked, drawing Cleff's pokeball.

"Only if you are...let's do this! Go Surskit!" the boy said, throwing out a blue bug with four long legs and some sort of...arcon shell for a head?

"Let's see what the pokedex has to say about this one..." Sam whispered, pulling out the red device.

Surskit, the Pond Skater Pokemon.

It appears as if it is skating on water. It uses a sweet aroma on its head to draw prey close.

Huh...this could be interesting... Sam thought as he threw Cleff's pokeball. The pink pokemon appeared in a flash of light, ready to do battle.

"It looks pathetic! Surskit, use Bu-" the boy started, but was quickly cut off by Sam.

"Wait! Have to use this..." he said, pulling out a potion and spraying it all over Cleff, who shook.

"Cleffa?" it cried.

"Don't worry, Cleff. It's just a potion. It helps you, trust me." Sam said. Cleff sighed before turning to face Surskit.

"Okay, this time let's get it right! Surskit, use Bubble," the boy cried. Surskit let a small stream of bubbles fly out of its mouth straight at Cleff.

"Okay, try this! Use Pound to break the bubbles!" Sam said. Cleff swung its hands forward, popping the bubbles but not before they did some damage as they broke. Cleff shook its head out of being dazed.

"Now get around it and fire again!" the boy yelled. Surskit slid around Cleff and fired off another beam of bubbles. Sam quickly realized just how this boy fought. He used the daze from the bubbles to create an opening, then used that to fire off another stream. It was a constant attack that wasn't easy to beat. He'd have to remember that one...but first, he had to win.

"Cleff, jump!" he yelled. Cleff snapped out of it just in time, leaping into the air just quickly enough to avoid the attack. Landing softly, it was ready to go. "Now, show it Covet!" Cleff looked at Surskit sweetly. The pokemon looked around, confused and Cleff charged, hitting it hard.

"Surskit! Use Bubble!" the boy yelled. The bug miraculously regained its balance in mid-air and fired off a stream of bubbles, none of which hit Cleff. Sam laughed.

"Maybe you need to practice your aim! That was pathetic!" Sam yelled. The boy scowled.

"Oh shut up! It was a fluke that it missed. Surskit, fire!" the boy yelled. Surskit landed nicely and fired off another blast of bubbles, this time hitting Cleff. They broke apart on impact, sending Cleff flying backwards into some grass. "Now go after it!" Surskit charged forward at a respectable speed into the grass. Once it was in, however, it slowed down quite a bit.

"You know, it moves by emitting oil. That's not easy to do when you're in tall grass," Sam said.

"Like you'd know! You're just a noob!" the boy yelled, causing Sam to laugh again.

"Maybe I am, but at least I know what I'm doing! Cleff, hit it with Pound!" Sam yelled.

"Cleff...a!" was all the two boys heard before Surskit came flying out of the grass and over the beach, landing in the ocean.

"Surskit! Hang on!" the boy yelled, running towards the beach. Sam smiled.

"Let's go, Cleff. This isn't over yet," he said. The two quickly ran towards the beach and the next scene of their battle.

At the shore, Sam expected to see the boy taking care of his pokemon after it was knocked out by the waves, yet he was simply standing there with a stupid grin on his face.

"You know, you just made a really stupid move," he said. Cleff dashed towards the waves, ready to take this battle to the next level.

A stream of bubbles flew out, crashing into Cleff. She flew backwards before skidding to a stop in the sand.

"Cleff!" Sam cried, running over. Cleff was fine, just a little stunned by the attack. Sam turned to the boy. "How did you do that?" The boy laughed.

"You shoulda listened to that pokedex of yours! Take a look!" the boy pointed at the ocean and Sam noticed something. Surskit was STANDING on the water.

"But...how..." Sam whispered to the boy's mocking laugh once more.

"You said it yourself earlier! It moves with oil. Its low weight makes it so that it can actually STAND on water! Now end this, use Bubble once more!" the boy yelled. Another stream of bubbles flew out, crashing into Cleff, but she shook her head and dodged out of their way. Sam smiled at how much the pokemon had grown up since that day she'd been born and even just a day ago in Kanto. Still, how could he take a foe that he couldn't HIT? Suddenly, it came to him. Surskit was on the ocean. He just had to wait for the perfect moment...like right then!

"Alright! We need to play this differently, so Cleff! Use Charm!" Sam yelled. Cleff smiled and blew a kiss at Surskit. The bug slid back a little, appearing shocked. This was horrible mistake, because as it backed up, a large wave was forming. With a crash, Surskit flew out of the wave and onto the sand. "Good, now finish it up! Pound!" Sam yelled. Cleff leapt forward and swung its fist into Surskit.

The bug flew backwards a few feet and attempted to stand. It got to its feet, but then quickly fell, knocked out.

"My...Surskit..." the boy whispered.

"It's over...good job, Cleff!" Sam said. The small pink pokemon smiled as Sam pulled out a pokeball and returned it. He looked over at the boy, who was now glaring at him as he pulled out another pokeball.

"You jerk! This time you pay! Do it, Tailow!" he yelled, throwing the second ball. A blue bird who seemed quite familiar to the Pidgeys Sam knew from home appeared.

"Tailow!" it squawked. Sam reached for Cleff's pokeball, but quickly realized that it wouldn't do him any good. The only pokemon that might be able to take it was Poochyena.

This is bad...Poochyena's the only pokemon I've got that has the energy to fight it right now. he thought. Reaching for the pokeball, he threw it. "I'm counting on you, Poochyena!" The black dog appeared, growling.

"Yena!" it cried, running towards Sam.

"Stop!" Sam cried. The pokemon skidded to a stop right before him. He looked it in the eye slowly. "I know you don't like being taken away from home. I shouldn't have done it, but I did anyway. I'm sorry, but I really need your help. Poochyena, please help me out," Sam spilled his soul to the pokemon.

Poochyena stood there a minute before doing anything. Suddenly, it kicked him hard in the leg and spun around to face Tailow.

"I'll take that as a 'I'll help you...but only because there's fighting.' Good enough! Let's see..." he said, pointing his pokedex at the bird. It quickly showed a screen of the same pokemon.

Tailow, the tiny swallow pokemon.

Tailow has lots of guts, being willing to take on any foe no matter its size.

"Alright then...Poochyena, use Tackle!" Sam cried. Poochyena dashed forward and crashed into Tailow, knocking it backwards. The other trainer sighed.

"You have nothing but direct attacks. What a pathetic trainer! Use Focus Energy!" he said. Tailow closed its eyes and an orange aura built up around this. Sam recognized this as a sign that things were about to get ugly.

"Shoot. Poochyena, start running circles around it!" he yelled. Poochyena quickly started running constant circles around the bird as Sam marveled at the young pokemon's speed. The boy laughed.

"You'll have to be a lot faster than that if you want to avoid Tailow. Use Peck!" The bird disappeared in a flash that reminded Sam of Pidg when he first caught him. The bird's beak crashed into Poochyena's side.

"Fight back! Kick it!" Sam yelled. Poochyena slammed its foot out, hitting Tailow hard in the stomach. The bird hit the ground rolling, but quickly got back in the air. The boy glared at Sam, anger in his eyes.

"That is SO cheap!" he yelled.

"Yeah? Well tough! Poochyena, use Tackle again!" he yelled. Poochyena dashed forward, hitting Tailow hard in the stomach. The bird screeched in pain, but quickly recovered and flew higher into the air. His trainer smiled at this, looking evilly at Sam and Poochyena.

"Yeah, now sweep it! Peck!" the boy yelled. Tailow flew low, aiming for Poochyena. A quick sweep later, Poochyena was laying on the ground. In another flash, Poochyena was spinning wildly and in a sudden third, he was in a hole in the ground.

"Whoa...that was fast...and strong..." Sam whispered as Poochyena pulled himself out of the hole. Growling angrily, he leapt at a tree, landing on a large branch. Sam's eyes opened wide at this, as he had not thought something like that possible. "Okay then...Poochyena, use Tackle!" he yelled. Poochyena jumped from the branch straight at Tailow. He collided with the bird and the two flew towards the ground. A crash echoed out as they hit, Poochyena jumping out of it easily. Tailow flew up, shaking in its flight now.

"Tailow...finish it off with another Peck!" the boy yelled. Tailow flew forward fairly quickly even then and hit Poochyena, sending it flying back. That bird was a huge problem, what with its speed and power.

"Poochyena, run towards the beach!" Sam yelled. The dog glared at him, then ran, headed for the water. Sam followed, every second planning just how to end this.

Running onto the sand, Sam quickly finished his plan.

"Poochyena, get in the water!" he whispered. The dog ran into the water, hiding easily. Only a bit of his snout showed, dgiving him room to breathe. The boy and his Tailow quickly followed, looking around for their opponent's pokemon.

"Where'd it go?!" the boy demanded, looking tirelessly.

"Like I'd tell you! Let your pokemon find it," Sam replied, now mocking his opponent. The boy gritted his teeth.

"Fine then! Tailow, get over the water and look! It can't have gotten far," he yelled. The bird flew over the water...right over Poochyena. Sam could barely supress his laughter. If the boy knew what was coming, he'd never have done that.

"Poochyena! Grab it!" Sam yelled. In a burst of water, Poochyena leapt out, grabbing Tailow by its tail feathers. It quickly pulled it back into the water, where bubbles started to kick up vigerously. Suddenly, Tailow was shot out at a high speed, aimed straight for the shore. "Now! Finish it!" Poochyena leapt out, following the bird. Tailow hit the sand and was quickly followed by Poochyena. The two impacts kicked up a lot of sand. Slowly, the sand fell out of the air. Tailow was on the ground knocked out and Poochyena was snarling over it.

"You...beat me?!" the boy yelled, returning his pokemon. Sam smiled.

"Yeah...maybe that'll teach you not to underestimate me. Poochyena, let's go," Sam said, walking away. The dog quickly followed as they continued down the short path to the forest. "Oh, and you can't beat Sam Saruno, I just proved that."

"What do you mean?!" the boy demanded.

"That's an easy one. I'M Sam Saruno..." Sam walked down the path, leaving a shocked boy behind him.

Later on as they set up camp just outside the forest, Sam called out both his pokemon to eat something. As they ate, Sam tried to pet Poochyena. The dog snapped at his hand, growling at him.

"Aww...I thought we were friends!" Sam said. A swift paw to the crotch showed him how wrong he was.

"Ye...na," the dog growed in between bites. Sam understood with ease.

"Yeah...I got it. I guess I'll have to keep working on the friend thing..."

slls81

Years
    @Zeph - Nice battle, I'll get Petalburg Woods up asap so you can continue.

Congratulations Tangela (Gella) grew to Level 8

@Izuna - Nice battle, guess Sam's picked up a few tricks in the last year :P

Congratulations Cleffa (Clef) grew to Level 7 and learned Sing
    Congratulations Poochyena grew to Level 5 and learned Howl

Petalburg Woods

Suggested Number Of Posts: 2-4

Description: A woodland that is abundant with wild pokémon. The tall trees cast an eternal shadow over the ground, but it is still possible to see.

What can you do in a Route?

Generally the main two things you can do on a route are capturing pokémon and battling trainers. You can do many other things, you know free will and all that... Anyways, you cannot meet any of the other RPers, and everyone have fun.

Wild Pokemon
    Commonly seen pokémon in this area

Zigzagoon
    Type:
    Normal
    Ability:
    Pick Up or Gluttony
    Attacks:
    Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip (Level 5)

Wurmple
    Type: Bug
    Ability: Shield Dust
    Attacks: Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting (Level 5)

Uncommonly seen pokémon in this area

Shroomish
    Type: Grass
    Ability: Effect Spore or Poison Heal
    Attacks: Absorb

Taillow
    Type:
    Normal/Flying
    Ability:
    Guts
    Attacks:
    Peck, Growl, Focus Energy (Level 4)

Rarely seen pokémon in the area
    Slakoth
    Level: 3
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Truant
    Attacks: Scratch, Yawn

Note - the title specifying the rarity of a pokémon refers to how hard a pokémon is to catch. i.e. a much better post is required to catch an uncommon pokémon than to catch a common pokémon.
    How I level the pokémon you're catching will depend on how good your post is. When you're trying to catch a pokémon, you cannot decide if you catch it. When trying to catch a pokémon you have to finish your post off when you throw the pokéball and wait for my response telling you if the capture was successful or not. You cannot continue until you know that it was caught. In battles, I will level up your pokémon depending on the quality of your battle post.

URGENT!

There have been reports of Team Aqua and Magma grunts hanging around the forest! Although their intentions are unknown, their mere presence is unwelcome. For those of you who have had their pokémon stolen, this will be your first glance of these villains. Please note that these grunts are the lowest of the low, and will not be privy to any information that would help you on your search... but beating them will still feel good! Each RPer will be permitted to meet either a Team Aqua OR a Team Magma grunt, not both. Which you meet is completely your choice. :)

Team Aqua grunts will have ONE of the following pokémon:
    Zubat; Level 5; attacks: Leech Life, Supersonic
    Carvanha; Level 5; attacks: Bite, Leer
    Zigzagoon; Level 5; attacks: Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip

Team Magma grunts will have ONE of the following pokémon:
    Poochyena; Level 5; attacks: Tackle, Howl
    Numel; Level 5; attacks: Growl, Tackle, Ember
    Aron; Level 5; attacks: Tackle, Harden

Zeph.

Years
    Vs. Zigzagoon

After what seemed like almost forever, Gella unplanted herself and, now full of energy, was rearing to go. Kliff opened one eye and stretched,

"God for a while there I thought you wanted to be part of the damn place," he said to Gella. She smiled - or at least he presumed she did as her mouth was hidden - and looked into the Petalburg Woods. Kliff stood up and joined her,
    "We should get going as soon as we can," he said, "before it gets any later."

Inside, it was unbelievable dark considering it was broad daylight outside. It was also pretty warm - the humidity must be pretty high. There was caws and growls of god knows what kind of pokemon lived here,
    "Zag!!"
    Kliff held jolted to one side. Something was approaching the fast,
    "Goon! Zag! Zig!" The noise grew louder, indicating it was coming closer. Then, out of a prickly bush, a small raccoon thing appeared. Kliff did the business with the old pokedex,

Zigzagoon: the Tiny Raccoon Pokemon. Rubbing its nose against the ground, it always wanders about back and forth in search of something. It is distinguished by the zigzag footprints it leaves.

"... hmph." Kliff muttered as he looked at the creature, "Gella, same as usual." he said as he pointed to Zigzagoon. Gella called out gleefully as she thrust two vines towards the pokemon - however Zigzaggon was two steps ahead. It effortlessly zig-zagged at great speed, dodging the vines and tackled Gella hard.
    "Fast..." Kliff said in surprise. Gella, now a little peeved off, struck a vine out again. It was headed straight for Zigzagoon, it was going to hit. However the small pokemon shot Gella a look that could peirce your soul and growled viciously. Scared, Gella began to shake and retracted her vine.
    "Gella! What are you-- whoa!" Kliff was interrupted as he noticed Zigzagoon run for him. The pokemon leapt and landed with its head in Kliff's bag,
    "The hell?!" he shouted as he struggled to pull Zigzagoon out. The raccoon had smelt something and was frantically trying to eat it. Luckily, Gella eventually stepped in and used Constrict on the pokemon, pulling it out and ramming it against the ground twice, before hurling it off in some other direction. Kliff sighed and zipped his bag closed,
    "Thanks Gella," he said. He gasped as he saw Zigzagoon zig-zagging back at top speed. Man that thing was fast.

...he could use a thing like that.
    "Sleep Powder!" Gella turned to face the oncoming furball and violently shook the green powder into its face. The Zigzagoon stopped, swayed, and flopped to the ground, asleep. Kliff unclipped a pokeball and tossed it at Zigzagoon. Watching as it rolled from side to side...

Last edited:

slls81

Years
    @Zeph - Yeah go on i'm feeling nice, in future though capture posts will need to be a bit longer than that.

Congratulations Kliff caught a Level 3 Zigzagoon

For iPrincess:
    Watching the young trainers head off towards Petalburg Woods, Mr Briney grinned.

"I remembers the days me and you was travelling Peeko!" he said affectionately looking down at his Wingull.

"Wing!" said the small pokémon happily.

Once the trainers were out of sight, Mr Briney turned and let himself into his small cottage. As soon as he stepped inside he heard a rustling noise coming from his kitchen.

"On yer guard Peeko!" said Mr Briney quietly.

The Wingull nodded, before moving slowly towards the kitchen. Mr Briney followed a few paces behind, straining his neck to try and spot the source of the rustling noise. Once he was inside the kitchen, Mr Briney could hear that the sound was coming from inside one of the cupboards. Slowly, he inched the cupboard door open to reveal a small yellow mouse with black ears and a black tail struggling to open a jam jar.

"Pi?" said the small creature weakly, turning to face Mr Briney.

Mr Briney let out a sigh of relief, before taking the jam jar off of the creature. The yellow mouse looked up at the old sailor with a sad look in her eye.

"Hungry are we?" Mr Briney asked.

"Chu," said the mouse, slowly nodding her head.

Opening the jam jar, Mr Briney passed it back to the small pokémon. The yellow rodent took it gratefully, before tucking in.

"Pi," she said happily.

Smiling, Mr Briney left the small mouse alone with her food. He couldn't keep it himself, but the creature obviously needed someone to look after it... 'maybe Professor Maple would be able to look after it?' thought the sailor, heading towards the phone in the corner of the room...

Zeph.

Years
    Vs. Magma I

(OOC: @YHMAH - Don't worry, they will be :P I was just in a bit of a rush. With homework and all -_-')

The ball ceased rolling and Gella hopped up in joy. Kliff too smirked a little as he walked over to the ball and picked it up. He stared at the sphere in his hand - his first catch.
    "We'll need a name for this one..." he said to himself. He scanned it with his pokedex, "Male... in that case, Rokko." Gella seemed to nod in approval.

"He he," came a hoarse, mysterious voice, "how cute. Nicknaming pokemon..."
    Kliff shrugged it off, "And? Who is that anyway?" To answer his question, a tall man appeared from the cover of the trees. He was dressed in a red hooded top and had ripped black bottoms. He laughed again,
    "Say, that's a rare pokemon you got there," he pointed to Gella, "like, real rare. I'd suggest handing it over if you want to get through here safely..."
    Kliff laughed a little, "I don't think so pal."
    "I'm not askin' - I'm tellin'. Give it."
    "I just said, no." Kliff responded. He had a feeling Gella would be needed soon,
    "Fine, then I'll just take it! By the looks of ya, I'd say you're kinda weak,"
    Kliff shook his head, "Looks of me? Have you seen yourself lately? What's with the hood anyway? You look like a rejected Care Bear..."
    The man almost spat in anger, "Show him, Poochyena!" He threw his pokeball to the ground and out burst the same little mut Kliff had fought earlier. He held up his newest pokeball,
    "Rokko, come out." The released energy formed into the Zigzagoon - but it was still asleep. Shoot.
    "Bwaha! Sendin' out a sleeper! This'll be easy! Howl!" Poochyena redied itself for an almightly Howl attack.
    "Idiot..." said Kliff. The pup howled best it could. It was loud though - loud enough to wake Rokko up. The small raccoon looked angry,
    "Great! Growl - intimidate it." Rokko released that same devlish Growl from the pit of it's stomach. Poochyena back up a little,
    "Poochyena! Ram it with Tackle!" The mut ran forward as commanded, ready to hit Rokko,
    "Do that crazy zig-zag stuff Rokko!" Kliff shouted. The Zigzagoon immidiately darted zig-zaggedly around Poochyena, causing it to miss and fall over,
    "Now, use your own Tackle!" Rokko dug its heels in and kicked off, running straight into Poochyena with a loud thump.
    "Get up dog!" spat the strange guy, "Tackle!"
    "...you're not learning here, heh? Rokko, again!" Kliff said in retaliation. Rokko again darted out of Poochyena's path and rammed it hard in the face with another Tackle,
    "Grrr!! Again!"
    "Rokko, if you please," Kliff said mockingly. Once more, Rokko dodged, then ran for Poochyena,
    "Now Poochyena! Tackle too!" Poochyena's eyes narrowed as it hurled itself into Rokko. The two attacks collided, sending both pokemon back to their trainers' feet.

Kliff looked down. Rokko was exhausted, however so was the opposing Poochyena,
    "Dammit! Tackle the goddam rodent again!" shouted the man. Rokko managed to sidestep, but too late - Poochyena clipped it in the side and Rokko was tossed along the ground. He didn't get back up,
    "Return Rokko..."Kliff muttered as the pokemon got sapped back into the ball. A lot of work was needed if he was going to keep Rokko,
    "Gella," he said. Tangela, now used to this way of being summoned, stood infront of the weakened Poochyena.
    "Tackle!" shouted the man desperately. Kliff tutted,
    "Constrict," he said calmly. Gella grabbed the small dog in its vines and, like with the previous victims, squeezed until they could do no more. Poochyena suddenly fainted, still in Gella's grasp. She hurled the pokemon right into the other man, knocking him over with the force.
    "There's no more that canine can do," Kliff said, turning to walk away, "...you lost."
    "C-c'mon! 2 on 1 'aint fair!" he protested,
    "Last I recalled, neither was threatening to steal my pokemon,"
    The man growled harshly and scrambled to his feet, running the other way,
    "You just got off on the wrong foot with Team Magma kid!!" he bellowed as he ran off.

Team Magma? Who were those guys? Cheap immitators of Team Rocket probably. Kliff knelt down next to Gella,
    "Let's get outa here Gella," he said, "I f***ing hate these woods..."

(OOC: *Gasp* censorship! =O!)

Last edited:

sasuneuchiha

Years
    Early the next morning, Sam woke. He had slept well but knew that he had to get moving. His goal was to get through the forest within a day or two. Slipping on his black jacket and covering his head with the hood, he stepped into the forest.

The landscape was plentiful in plant life...incredibly so. Trees and grasses grew everywhere. It truely was beautiful. Suddenly, an idea caught him. Maybe if he let Poochyena out more he could tame it easier.

"Poochyena, let's go!" he said, tossing the ball lightly. The black dog appeared in a flash of red light, looking around but not growling as it appeared for once.

"Yena?" it asked, as though questioning why Sam had called it. Sam smiled and bent down on one knee.

"Look. Poochyena, I really want to be friends, okay? You're obviously powerful and I respect that. I also respect your wish to stay in your home but I need your help. My friends...my pokemon from back home...were stolen. I really, really need your help. You're so powerful and I need power if I want my friends back...so please, please help me," Sam said. His only reply was the dog turning away, but not attacking. "That's all I have to say." He walked down a path in the forest, Poochyena eventually coming to his side.

The path seemed to go on forever. The Viridian Forest had been the same way. A natural maze that Sam didn't really feel like taking the time to figure out. He suddenly stopped, unable to move. This feeling...it was so familiar...too familiar. Suddenly, a voice reminded him of just what was going on.

I'm baaack it said. Sam started to boil with rage.

Why can't you just leave me ALONE?! he yelled back.

Because. I'm as much a part of you as your arm, your leg...I'm your other half...I've been asleep too long. Whatever, though. This place looks boring...I'm out, it vanished. Sam sighed. He hated his alternate personality and for a second wondered if he was the only one who had to deal with something like this. Suddenly, a pawing at his leg snapped him out of it.

"Pooch..." the small pokemon beside him said, pawing his leg again. He smiled.

"I'm fine, Poochyena. Just fine..." he said. The two continued through the forest, walking a bit slower now.

About half an hour later, Sam stopped in a small clearing. It was about time he took a short break. Letting Cleff out, he laid back against a rock. Poochyena padded over, laying down next to him. Cleff smiled and jumped around, attempting to find something to do. Sam started to doze off, but he was quickly woken (kind of) by Cleff's crying. Jumping up, he followed the sound. He quickly arrived at a small hole in the ground that Cleff had somehow managed to fall into. Sam sighed as he pulled out a rope.

"Cleff, there are days when I wonder if I need to get you tested..." he whispered, grabbing Cleff. He quickly pulled her up, putting her on the solid ground.

"Clef-fa," she smiled at Sam. He rubbed her small head lovingly. This pokemon was one of the only two he had anymore. He returned her to the pokeball and decided he'd just keep walking. Following the path he'd taken to the hole back to the clearing, Sam was suddenly frightened by a strange sound.

"Shroooo..." it echoed.

"The hell?" he whispered.

"Shroooooo..." it echoed again.

"Helloooo? Whoever you are, what you're doing is NOT funny!" he yelled, attempting to scare them off.

"Shrooooooo!" it echoed again.

"Okay! SHUT THE HELL UP! I am NOT laughing! Come out NOW!" he yelled.

"Shrooo..." the voice said, seeming to get closer. Sam sighed and bent down.

"Poochyena, can you tell where its coming from?" he asked. The dog closed its eyes for a second as it echoed again. It quickly opened them and nodded.

"Great, let's go!" Sam said. Poochyena nodded and ran towards it. Sam quickly followed.

After a bit of running, the two eventually made it to a small patch of grass.

"This the place?" Sam asked. Poochyena nodded, walking into the grass quietly. A few second passed, then the sound of high pitched screeching filled the air.

"Shrooomish!" it screeched. Suddenly, a small, cream colored pokemon with green spots flew out of the grass, followed by a growling Poochyena.

"So...dare I ask what you are?" Sam asked, pointing his pokedex at the creature.

Shroomsh, the mushroom pokemon.

This pokemon spouts spores from the top of its head, causing immense pain if swallowed.

"Hmm...interesting little pokemon. Poochyena, let's take it down! Tackle!" Sam yelled. Poochyena charged forward but the Shroomish easily leapt over it. Poochyena spun while moving and charged again. Shroomish slid to the side, narrowly avoiding the attack.

"Shroo!" it cried, a green light flying out from it and hitting Poochyena. It quickly turned red and Poochyena cried out in pain.

"This thing's got skills...a lot of skills. Poochyena! Jump on it!" Sam yelled. Poochyena broke the light and jumped at the pokemon, hitting it. Shroomish flew backwards, sliding to a stop.

Okay, this thing's got a lot of skills and helpful moves. It might just be... Sam thought as the green light flew forward again, grasping Poochyena. It struggled as the red light drained its energy. Suddenly, a curious thing happened. Shroomish seemed to recover energy. Sam quickly realized what it was doing.

"Absorb? Well, we'll just have to show you! Howl, Poochyena!" he cried, remembering the new attack. Poochyena looked up at the sky and let out a loud howl. It echoed a bit and Poochyena looked forward, a bit more confident now. "Haha...I love that move. It boosts your already great power and makes this a lot easier! Use Tackle, now!" Sam yelled. Poochyena charged, nearly hitting Shroomish before it leapt away easily.

"Shroomish!" it cried, leaping at Poochyena. In midair, the light flew forward, grasping Poochyena once again. The light turned red and started to drain Poochyena's energy. This attack was irritating. First it took Poochyena's energy, then using it to recover. Just like a grass type, really. Up until now, he'd been able to get by on mostly pure power and a little bit of thinking, save the fight against the trainer from before's Surskit, but now he needed strategy. It used that attack fairly often...but it only ever moved in a straight line. Maybe, just maybe...

"Okay, Poochyena! Use Tackle!" he yelled. Poochyena charged, aiming for Shroomish once more. It easily got above him with a high jump, but Poochyena quickly stopped. Sam smirked. "Now hit it with Tackle!" Poochyena leapt into the air, hitting Shroomish fairly hard with a Tackle. The mushroom hit the ground hard, but got up.

Ugh...if I just had Nine. I could singe this thing with one hit... Sam whispered, remembering the powerful fire type. Suddenly, a flash of green light snapped him out of it. Poochyena had been hit by absorb again. The red light vanished, leaving a heavily breathing Poochyena standing there. This wasn't good. The Shroomish was dealing too much damage too quickly.

"Pooch...yena!" Poochyena cried, charging forward. It spun, smacking Shroomish well once. It then quickly leapt into the air, but it was knocked out of the attack by a slam to the stomach. It hit the ground and rolled a few feet backwards before shaking it off. It leapt forward at Shroomish, who fired off another another burst of light but this time, Poochyena was ready. It jumped to the side and kept going, dodging the attack. Shroomish's eyes opened wide as Poochyena leapt forward, hitting it hard again. It flew backwards and slid a few feet before stopping.

"Hmm...let's do this again! Use a leaping attack!" Sam yelled. Poochyena leapt into the air only to be hit by absorb again. Sam scowled as some of the injury marks on Shroomish disappeared. Poochyena growled, angrily showing its teeth. Sam narrowed his eyes as he looked forward at the mushroom-like pokemon. It had a confident look on its face and had every reason for this. It was using its unique abilities to shut Poochyena down. Still, its defense left something to be desired.

"Shroomish!" it cried, sending out another burst of light, but Poochyena leapt right, avoiding it. Digging its small paws into the ground, it was ready to charge. Shroomish suddenly backed away just a little and Sam realized just what was going on. This thing fought like it was tough...but it was actually a little bit scared. Maybe...

"Poochyena! Get in its face!" he yelled. Poochyena dashed forward, stopping right in front of Shroomish. "Good, now Howl!" Poochyena looked up and howled as loud as it could. Shroomish screeched and ran backwards. Poochyena looked down, ready to end it. "End it, one final Tackle!" Poochyena dug its paws in and charged, moving as quickly as it could. Shroomish never even stood a chance. Poochyena hit it so hard, it flew backwards, hitting the ground behind Poochyena. It started to move around tiredly and Sam knew what he must do. If he wanted to gather strength, wasn't this a good place to start.

He pulled out a pokeball, he tossed it at the small mushroom, sucking it in through a flash of red light. The ball quickly started to shake violently, showing no signs of stopping. Sam looked at it nervously, wondering if the small mushroom would become member number three to his Hoenn team.

OOC: How many times will I edit my decision???

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    VS Zigzagoon

Ooc:
    Spoiler:

Vitor Aurelio

"You feeling alright now?" Vitor asked his Psyduck concernedly.

In his angry fit, Vitor had unnoticingly walked in to Rustboro Forest without realizing that his Psyduck wasn't in top shape to fight. Vitor didn't have any Potions, nor did he want to have to beg for one, because that is just demeaning.

Thus he now simply sat on a mossy rock while trying to wash his Pokémon's deep bite marks with the little soap he had, and his Psyduck's Water Sport attack. Then, he checked that the piece of torn off cloth would stay firm and causing enough pressure. "How about now?" he asked again looking directly at Psyduck.

"Psy?" the Pokémon replied seemingly impervious to whatever Vitor was doing. It was weird being this close to his own Pokémon, Vitor realized. Psyduck was cool, and according to Mr. Briney, his evolution would turn out to be one of the strongest Water Pokémon in Kanto, but as of right now, the Duck Pokémon was… well, I guess the best way to describe it is: weird.

"Stop Psyduck, it looks like you have Tourettes." It sounds mean, but it's true. Apart from the fact that most Psyduck already have bizarre traits due to their constant headaches, Psyduck seemed to be especially quirky. He had a habit of looking up whenever he crossed eyes with Vitor, which means that he was looking up quite a bit right now. Then again, he had a habit to lower his hands from his head whenever he looked up, so… in a few words it looked like he was trying to do the YMCA dance with just one hand and his beak.

It would've looked funny to Vitor if he hadn't been so pissed at the moment. "Dude, will you stay in one place?" Vitor said as he struggled to settle the Pokémon down. "There you go, FINALLY!" he exclaimed when he noticed that the cloth was finally sticking to him.

"Psy?" the Pokémon questioned as he tried to peck the cloth with his beak.

"Hey ey!" Vitor said as he stopped the Psyduck and got his attention… "No." he commanded in a reprimanding order, pointing his finger at Psyduck, who in response… looked up.

"Why?" Vitor lamented himself before getting up and calling his Pokémon. Psyduck was an amazing fighter, but it was more than clear that he wasn't ready for battles yet. "Let's go." He commanded his Pokémon who in turn, looked up to him, and comfortable with his trainer's back, began to skip after him. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention Psyduck prefers skipping over walking?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

The scenery was verdant and dark. Tall trees housed bigger Pokémon, while the ground housed those who were more common like Wurmple and Zigzagoons. Thus it wasn't a surprise to Vitor when a Bug Maniac (the slang for Bug Catchers who were 17 or older) fell from a tree in front of him…

(Okay, it was scary as ****, but Vitor isn't the only person who would've ran away screaming like a… manly.)

There were trainers throughout the place, especially those damn Bug Catchers. It was a fad more than anything here around Petalburg and Rustboro. There were plenty of other trainers, most more powerful than these guys, but in everything there'll be freaks that like the weirdest stuff. In Pokémon, Bug Catchers are the freaks. And these freaks are attracted to forests that have them in abundance, thus the huge amount of both kids and grown men running around with Capture Nets.

How Bugsy had made those so popular would forever be a mystery to Vitor.

Yeah, as of right now Petalburg Woods seemed to be more of a bore than what Vitor had initially thought, but after all, he HAD been avoiding all the trainers and wild Pokémon he saw. He wasn't scared or anything, but he had had to spend a while trying to heal his stubborn Psyduck, and that wasn't necessarily the highlight of the day he wanted.

However, he wouldn't be able to avoid fighting forever. He knew this, this wasn't either his home, or his Pokémon's home. They didn't know how to move around in the place, and couldn't take advantage of camouflage, since they didn't have one.

"Zigzag!" was the sound that would bring Vitor back to reality. "Damn" he thought as he looked back to see a threatening Zigzagoon baring its fangs at him.

What was his Pokémon's response? Well, it sounded something like: "Psy ai ai" as the clumsy Pokémon ran towards his trainer and hid in-between his legs, pointing at the Zigzagoon, and looking up at his trainer as if saying: "Hey… isn't it your turn?"

Vitor, a bit ashamed of his Pokémon's newfound cowardice, simply kneeled down and held the Pokémon's shoulders. "Psyduck, don't be scared, I believe in you."

He tried to say it with the straightest face he could, as a matter of fact he meant it.

Problem is, that after hearing those words, Psyduck looked up. Remember his tick whenever he looks at Vitor's eyes? Except this time, he looked attentively at his trainer's eyes, listening the command to the very last word, before looking up. Vitor simply slapped his forehead: "At this pace, I'll end up all quirky too." he thought as he got back up, before…

"Psyyyyy!!!"

He shot a look down, just in time to look at his Pokémon being shoved away by a powerful Tackle, which sent him flying into a bush. "Oh no!" Vitor thought alarmed. "Psyduck are you okay?"

Damn, what now? For being stupid, Vitor had gotten his Pokémon hurt… the first thing he remembered was how Psyduck had already fallen asleep once inside the fangs of a Growlithe… or whatever that thing was called. And he certainly didn't want THAT to happen again. "Psyduck! Can you hear me?" Vitor continued calling looking for some answer. There was none. However, Zigzagoon didn't need one, it sniffed the ground, and pricked its ears, and next thing Vitor knew, the wild Pokémon was already charging against the place where Psyduck was.

"Psyduck! Watch out!" yelled Vitor a bit hopelessly. But then he heard a loud thud in front of him, and much to his surprise, instead of his Psyduck being on the ground, lay Zigzagoon, deep gashes on its face, which were reminiscing of… "Scratch!" Vitor became ecstatic: "Great job Psyduck!" and then saw the silhouette of his Pokémon emerging from the bush. Except for one difference… Psyduck was glowing.

Some sort of light blue aura had enveloped him, and it was now walking towards its prey, not conceding an inch. Vitor knew this pressure. It was the same as when he had become enveloped in flames, but that aura. He had never seen anything like it before. "Of course! The headaches!" Vitor realized remembering Psyduck's entry.

"When Psyduck's headaches become strong enough, they can awaken a mysterious power. Is this it?" But almost on cue, the aura that had previously enveloped his Pokémon disappeared.

"Psy?" the Pokémon called dipping his head to the side, and holding it with his good arm.

"He can't remember!" Vitor thought curiously before remembering that they were still in the middle of a fight. "Psyduck! This isn't time to be concerned with what happened… use Tail Whip, now!"

Psyduck obeyed. Running towards his struggling opponent, Psyduck smacked it straight in the jaw with his tail, causing the Tiny Raccoon Pokémon to lower its guard. "Zig!" it cried exhausted.

"Alright, finish it with Scratch!" Vitor ordered, and Psyduck, who had gone berserk mode yet again, raised his left arm (the good arm) over his head, and brought it down on the Zigzagoon's head, causing the wild Pokémon's hair to become even MORE ruffled… as well as knocking it unconscious.

It took Vitor some time to take it in. After all, he didn't want to think that he had won, only to be surprised again. But that wouldn't be. Zigzagoon was down and out.

"Awesome fight Psyduck." Vitor sighed relieved while holding his chest. "How does lunch sound to you right now, eh?" he asked cheerfully as he began walking away from the spot where Zigzagoon laid.

"Psyduck!" his Pokémon replied, perhaps even more happily than Vitor, before skipping after him. No... skipping is for girls, Psyduck dashes.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Storming off the boat, Warren marched at top speed down one of the dusty paths, flanked by chest-high shrubbery that made up Route 104. He'd been in a good mood, until he'd spotted Sam bloody Saruno on the boat. Stupid brat. He would never have won if Guy hadn't stolen his Water Stone...no way could Umbre have beaten a Poliwrath. Warren stopped to shake his head, but he was already thinking of Poliwhirl...where he was...who he was with. Warren sighed, wondering about the rest of his team, too. Surely, they were tough enough to escape some stupid goons like the grunts who worked for Teams Magma and Aqua. But if they had escaped, why had they never returned? Warren shook his head again, trying to get rid of the thoughts that were clouding his mind. Fortunately, he was distracted from this when a very small dog with very sharp teeth ran out of the undergrowth and bit him hard on the shin. Warren swore, snapping back to reality as he shook the dog off and backed up a few steps, reaching for a Pokeball.

"Go, Teddiursa!" He yelled, throwing the Pokeball, which landed on the ground and sat there, doing nothing. Warren sighed.

"Fine...go, Cuddles." The ball instantly burst open, startling the Poochyena, which backed up a few metres, glaring at the stout teddy bear which was sucking its thumb innocently. Warren sighed as Poochyena promptly threw itself straight into Cuddles's face and the bear went rolling head over heels to land, face down at Warren's feet. Warren prodded it with his foot.

"Move it." Cuddles did not move it. What Cuddles did do was roll over, sit up, then promptly pass out and collapse on the ground. Warren swore as he instinctively reached for another Pokeball, only to find empty air. The Poochyena charged and Warren swore again, but this time he was ready and stuck out his foot to boot the dog square in the face. It retreated, but turned and threw back its head to let off a deafening, eerie howl. Warren swore again as the bushes rustled and one, then two, then three more Poochyena crawled out of the bushes. With these to compare it to, the first one was a good few inches smaller, but judging by the way it barked and snarled at them, it was also clearly the leader. Warren backed up a step, but then the first one leapt. Spinning, Warren managed to knock it away, but then another leapt onto his back. Slapping at the dog as it clawed at his skull, Warren blundered blindly towards a tree and, seeing it at the last minute, ducked. The Poochyena was not so lucky and smacked straight into it, tumbling to the floor. Staggering back to the path, Warren glared at the two remaining Poochyena - one big, one small. The runt barked and immediately, the larger dog attacked, running forwards straight at...Cuddles? Warren swore as he realised that the wolf, most likely hunting for food, was about to pounce on the young teddy bear. He dashed forwards, but there was no way he could stop the Poochyena in time. The Teddiursa looked to be doomed, but then... with a snarl, the bear rolled out of the way and flipped to its feet, claws raised and at the ready. Warren grinned as he realised it had just been playing dead.

"Scratch it!" Straight away, both Cuddles and the Poochyena charged. The wolf leapt forwards, but Cuddles slashed with its claws and the larger of the two dogs fell to the floor. Straight away, the smaller one jumped for the opening, but the bear was ready. Spinning, it slapped the Poochyena right across the face with its tongue and it fell to the ground, rolling in the dust. Warren was about to start cheering, when the Poochyena howled once more. Well, crap. The undergrowth rustled once more, but this time, out popped a small, brown mammal with a zig-zag pattern on its fur it looked pretty angry, but at the Poochyena, not at Warren. A smaller, similar head was poking out of the bushes a few feet back. Warren grinned, understanding. This Zigzagoon was a parent, and Poochyena had disturbed its young. The wolf turned to try and run, but Cuddles was in front of it and Poochyena was trapped between the two angry Pokémon. It growled at Zigzagoon, trying to scare it off, but the raccoon just charged forwards, barging it hard. Poochyena yelped and ran in the other direction, straight at Teddiursa, who slashed at it with its claws. Growling, Poochyena backed up, then turned and leapt, right up onto Warren's head. The trainer yelled and stumbled, then toppled to the ground as Zigzagoon jumped on top too. Warren covered his head with his hands as Teddiursa joined the fray, all three Pokemon scratching, tackling and attacking each other all on the poor trainer's back. Eventually, after what seemed like an age, Warren felt the weight leave his back and rolled over, amazed at what he saw. Cuddles was standing there, panting lightly. A brown bushy tail was disappearing into the bushes. And on the ground, unconscious at the bear's feet, was Poochyena. Warren grinned, unhooking a Pokéball as he stepped over to it. No way was he letting a Pokémon that smart and that tenacious get away. Dropping the Pokéball, he crossed his fingers as Poochyena was sucked inside and the Pokéball began to shake...

Back