• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
  • Sam vs. Kliff

(Awesome joint post by myself and Eclipse :D)

The ball stopped rolling on the cavern floor. Kliff sighed a heavy sigh of relief. And Gella also slumped onto her backside.

"Right then," he said groaning at the pain in his side, "you've proven your worth Sableye. I'll give you a nickname later," He clipped the new pokemon safely onto his belt and turned to Gella,

"Looks like you've saved the day again," he said with a tired laugh, "c'mon, let's get the hell out of here..."

On the lower floor, Sam let out a sigh.

"Damn straight!" he roared a bit loudly, perhaps loud enough for someone a floor up to hear...

Kliff paused,

"Damn straight what?" he said in disbelief. Someone else was in this rock? He shuffled downstairs and found a boy about his age with a Skorupi. Something was vaguely familiar about him though.

Sam spun around to see a boy roughly his age standing there.

"Huh? Who the hell are you?" he asked, looking the boy over. He appeared to be a trainer...

Kliff continued to examine the boy, "I was about to ask you the same question..." it clicked. That there was Sam Saruno - he recognized him from Pallet Town. Kliff smirked, "but I remember you. From the Indigo League, and I think I recall you kicking about Pallet Town when you were younger. I'm from there too y'see. Name's Kliff by the way, Kliff Carterson,"

Kliff eyes were drawn to Sam's feet - where a Skorupi stood. Those were really rare, but he was the Kanto champion after all,

"So what brings a guy like you to this quaint little place?" Kliff asked. Sam sighed.

"This time? Revenge. The gay little Sableye I just attempted a capture on took down my little Cleff. But yeah. Kliff...spelled with a K, right? If so, I think I remember you from Pallet..." Sam pulled out Skorp's pokeball. "This guy here is my buddy Skorp. Made a trade for him back in Rustboro. At any rate, I could ask you the same question. A little out of the way...by the way, when you got to the island, did anyone happen to say 'your mother'?" Sam suddenly remembered the small fad.

Kliff sighed, "Yup, and he was lucky not to loose any teeth. Anyway, i'm just starting out. Went to Maple too actually," at this point Gella emerged from behind Kliff, "gave me a Tangela."

Kliff noticed the pokeball on the ground, "Wait, you're catching a Sableye too?" Sam sighed.

"Yeah, and by the look of things..." Sam looked over at the now motionless pokeball. "I just did." He walked over and picked up the ball.

"Funny, I just caught one right there," Kliff said looking back upstairs, "I think we should go back to the Pokemon Centre and refresh our teams, don't you?" Sam mulled it over.

"...yeah, I suppose that would be a good idea, wouldn't it? After you." Sam picked up the pokeball and walked over towards Kliff.

Kliff and Sam both walked briskly back to the Pokecentre in the, well, centre of the island. Kliff, still facing forward, spoke to Sam,

"So are you starting afresh?" he asked curiously, "I mean, do you still have your Championship team?" Sam stopped dead in his tracks. He shuddered as he turned to look at Kliff.

"No...not these days. In fact, didn't Maple tell you about that? There was an...er...accident...hold on to your pokemon..." Sam said, attempting to avoid that subject as much as possible.

"Oh?" Kliff said, "well whatever happened I hope it works out I guess." The two had now reached the Centre and walked inside. Kliff walked to the counter and gave the Nurse his pokeballs,

"Could you heal this lot, oh, and maybe a small pack of ice?" He said rubbing his hip, "A certain someone gave me a slight pain..." at this he glared at Sableye's pokeball. Sam chuckled.

"Yeah, same for me, please. No ice here..." he grinned, sitting down in a large arm chair.

"Thanks," Kliff said to the nurse, wincing slightly when he placed the pack on his injury. He walked over to where Sam was and slumped onto the seat across from him,

"So what was it like?" Kliff asked, "Y'know, winning the Indigo League?" he lay back in his seat, "Getting any unwanted attention from the locals?" he laughed quietly.

Sam sat quietly for a few seconds, pondering how to answer.

"...the best way I could sum it up? Well, initially it felt incredible, knowing I was probably the strongest trainer in the Kanto region. But then about a day after I got here to Hoenn, I learned the real effect it had. I'm not able to say my name out loud without getting unwanted attention. But that's not the worst of it. Y'know Warren Simmons, as in the person I fought in the finals? He refuses to speak to me now. It's great being the champion, but it leaves me with a lot to live up to. But enough about me, what inspired you to become a trainer? You don't appear to have that many pokemon...I think I saw you drop off two pokeballs and then you have that Togepi?"

"Oh, right," Kliff said, taking in what Sam had said, "Yea I remember Warren slightly, shame that. And don't worry, I won't blab out about you if you don't want,"

He turned to the door to the back room, where his pokemon were, "Being a trainer's just one of those things that's always had me wondering, y'know? What it would be like to build up your own team and your shot at victory. That, and if I'm perfectly honest, watching the League just there convinced me."

He sighed when he remembered Togepi, "Yea, I got my Togepi as an egg in Rustboro. She just hatched earlier but she ran off into Granite cave. I feel kinda guilty - she was lucky not to get hurt bad." Sam smiled warmly.

"Don't worry about her. I've raised a bunch of baby pokemon and they've all been trouble..." Sam remembered all the hatched pokemon he'd raised, thinking finally of the most recent, Mime Jr. "They don't grow out of it soon either. As for your reason, cool. Warren'll come around with any luck. Even someone as stubborn as him can't keep mad at me forever. Being a trainer's my way of life these days. Grew up to a rich family, wasn't even allowed to see pokemon. One day, though, curiosity just got hold of me and I ran off. Didn't return for god knows how long and honestly, I didn't really like being there anyway. I'm a wanderer, I guess." Sam laid back in his chair.

"Say, Kliff. Would you be up for a battle? You watched me fight back in the league, yeah, but you're a trainer now and I could use a good fight, anyway. You up for it?"

Kliff grinned, "Sure. After all I could use some experience!" he said getting up. His and Sam's pokemon looked just about ready to be given back to them, "But... it'll need to be 2-on-2." He said slightly embarassed, "I've only got that amount to battle with, heh..." Sam laughed quietly.

"Wouldn't hold you to anything less. Hmm, but who should I use?" he walked over to the nurse. Picking up his pokeballs from her, he turned to Kliff. "I'll meet you outside." He stepped out the doors to the area outside the pokecenter.

Kliff nodded, taking his three pokeballs from the nurse and, first off, releasing Tok. She seemed much happier to see Kliff this time - as far as she was concerned, he saved her from Sableye. Kliff crouched down to her,

"How you feeling?" he asked,

"Toki!" she said, signifying a "great" of some sort. Kliff noticed three scratch marks on the front of her shell, he rubbed his fingers over them. They were actually scars.

'Looks like she's stuck with those', Kliff thought,

He went outside and met up with Sam, finding an ideal spot to battle, "anywhere you want to battle in particular?" Kliff asked. Sam looked up at him.

"I was thinking outside or even in the cave, honestly. The town isn't a wonderful location; draws too much attention. Sound good by you?" Sam pulled out his pokedex, remembering something he needed to do.

"Ugh, I can't stand that cave," Kliff said with a laugh, "we'll battle just outside it then," he continued as he made his way yet again towards Granite Cave.

"What's wrong with the cave? I hate it as much as you do, but whatever. Outside is good..." Sam walked forward.

Before long, the two arrived in front of the cave. Sam grinned, pulling out a pokeball.

"Care to tell me what you're sending out first? Our Sableyes can fight, but it's not easy. I'd rather avoid that matchup, honestly. But...it could be fun to test your strategy!" Sam grabbed Sableye's pokeball. "So go!" The purple pokemon appeared in a flash, already looking around.

Kliff reached for his own Sableye's pokeball. True it wasn't the best matchup - but luckily he had taken note of Sableye's abilities. He prepared to throw the ball, when a name for his new pokemon popped into his head,

"Lets go, Zabe!" Kliff said, throwing the pokeball infront of him. His Sableye - now called Zabe - burst onto the field, shielding its large gem eyes from the unfamiliar daylight,

"You'll get used to it..." Kliff sighed, "After you, Sam - let's see who's got the best Sableye!" Sam grinned confidently. Tok, who had followed the two to the battlefield, looked like she was about to cry at the sight of the two Sableye,

"It's okay Tok," Kliff said calmly, "Just you stay behind me and watch - you could learn something,"

"Don't think I'm goin' easy on you, Kliff! Sableye, use Foresight!" Sam recalled the information the pokedex had on Sableye. With that move, he would be able to strike Zabe, a ghost type, with normal type moves such as scratch. Sableye glared at Zabe, a red beam flying out of his eyes.

Kliff cursed under his breath - Sam had used the Foresight plan first,

"Dodge it Zabe!" he ordered. Zabe noticed the beam coming and, rather comically, hit the deck - hands over his head. The beam skimmed over him, barely missing. Kliff got lucky, he couldn't afford to keep dodging like that,

"Now use Leer!" he shouted.

"Sable!" Zabe said in reply. The imp pokemon stared directly at Sableye and it's sapphire eyes flashed once - lowering its defense. Kliff was building up for as few, solid hits as possible - so long as Foresight didn't get him first. Sam sighed.

"You can't dodge forever, Kliff. Besides, you aren't touching me either until you land Foresight of your own...unless you have another move? At any rate, try Foresight again!" Sableye cackled before sending off another red burst.

Kliff sighed - Sam wasn't letting up on Foresight. Time to get it over with,

"Zabe, use your Foresight too!" he called out. Zabe took the hit from Sableye, glowing and crackling a faint red for a second, before launching his own Foresight. If the attack hit, then the whole ghost type complication would be out of the way - making the battle much easier. Sam scowled as the attack struck. Both pokemon were vaunerable now.

"Well then, fine! You asked for it! Sableye, get in there, scratch it!" Sableye lunged forward, chuckling. It swung it's claw down hard. Kliff paniced, not having enough time to issue any sort of counter command. Zabe hastily shielded itself with its arms. Sableye struck, sending Zabe falling back. Tok gasped in awe at the battle taking place,

"Quick Zabe, your Leer attack should help! Scratch!" Kliff shouted. With a grin, Zabe hopped back to its feet and swung its claws at Sableye. Sam gritted his teeth as Sableye was struck with the claws. It flew backwards, obviously a fair bit more injured than Zabe.

"Ugh...how am I gonna find my way out of this one...unless..." Sam looked the cave over. It was dark for sure...perfect for what he wanted to do. "Alright then, Kliff! We're gonna have to play this my way. Pokemon Trainer Lesson One! Use everything in your enviroment to your advantage! Sableye, get in the cave!" The purple pokemon charged without a second thought towards the dark cave. Kliff followed suit, ignoring the pained cries of Tok - she was not going back in there!

Kliff smirked, "Fine by me Sam! Zabe, you too!" Zabe chuckled as he followed Sableye, running as fast as he could to the cave. He had an idea what Sam was trying to do here. Inside, Sam waited but with no Sableye in front of him.

"Kliff, let me give you a lesson I have used every battle of my life. Every pokemon has natural abilities that allow it to fight in odd and original ways. For example, Sableye, now!" Sableye suddenly appeared next to Zabe and swung it's claws. Zabe, caught off guard, flew forwards as Sableye struck him hard in the back of the head.

"Don't think I'm unfamiliar with your dissapearing act, Sam!" Kliff said as he caught up with him and the battling Sableye at the cave, "Zabe, grab it!" he called over. Zabe chuckled menachincly, grinning at Sableye as he shrank into the shadows. Suddenly, his two arms shot out underneath Sableye, grabbing its feet. Sam grinned.

"Sableye can turn black, making it invisible in the dark. Thing is, you've wasted both your arms now, leaving you wide open! Go, use Scratch!" Sableye swung his hand hard at the creature. "Next lesson? Don't underestimate me!"

Kliff swore under his breath as Sableye once more slashed Zabe, knocking him back into the shadows he came from,

"Quick Zabe! Use Leer while Sableye's still visible!" He ordered. Zabe hopped out of the shadowy ground and on top of a rock, flashing it's gem eyes at Sableye,

"Believe me Sam, last thing I would do is underestimate you! That's why I'm making Sableye's defenses as weak as possible!"

"A smart move for sure, but there's one problem with that. If you can't hit me, does it even matter? Go, back into the dark, Sableye!" The pokemon faded into the dark once again.

"True Sam, I can't see you. But surely Sableye have a natural knack for locating things in the dark. Zabe! Dissapear too, and try find Sableye!" Kliff said in reply. Zabe nodded and vanished completely. Kliff wasn't 100% sure of his plan, but it was worth a try - at least Sam couldn't locate Zabe. Sam scowled.

"Okay...my plan just failed. Plan B, then. Sableye, kick up some dust, try and find Zabe!" Sam heard a cackle from within the darkness, then a cloud of dust kick up. He grinned.

"Zabe, keep away from the dust! Scratch!" Kliff shouted over. He couldn't see anything, but could hear a sudden noise,

"Sable!" He wasn't sure which Sableye it was, but it was followed by a thumping noise and the cries of the other.

"Sableye, finish it off or something! Hit it with Scratch!" Sam heard a loud cry by one of the Sableyes, then the sound of further fighting. Suddenly, the two landed in the center of the arena, knocked out.

Kliff sighed, "Return Zabe," he said as he recalled his newest pokemon. He was a little upset he didn't win that round, true, but it was an exciting one - and the Sableye really showed what it was made of. Now things got serious,

"Awesome, Sam!" he congratulated, "I've been needing a good battle like this one!" He unclipped Gella's pokeball from his belt, "Go, Gella!" In a flash of light, Gella appeared on the field - hopping up and down,

"This is my strongest pokemon," Kliff said, "Get ready!" Sam held up a hand.

"Hold on, Kliff. Sableye isn't meant for that sort of a battle. Return..." Sam recalled the purple pokemon. "Now. This is one of my weaker pokemon, but...whatever! Mime Jr., I'm counting on you!" He threw the pokeball, causing the pink pokemon to appear.

"Since you gave me first move last time, this one's yours, Kliff. Make it count."

"As you wish, Gella! Start off with Constrict!" Kliff shouted as he walked back over to the small Togepi watching from the sidelines.

"T-tang!" the grass pokemon called in reply as two vines reached out at great speed to grab Mime Jr. Sam grinned, realizing his plan could still work.

"Mime Jr., quick! Barrier!" A blue barrier formed around the small pink pokemon quickly as Sam sighed in relief. "That one was close..."

Kliff grinned - Barrier acted as defense against physical moves. Special moves however...

"Follow up with Absorb, quick!" he called to Gella. The vine pokemon immidiately shot out a small, green beam heading directly for Mime Jr. Sam's eyes closed to slits, looking for whatever he could to block. He quickly sighted a rock...

"Okay, Mime Jr.! Quick, hit it with the rock!" Sam knew there wasn't enough time to block with the rock, but maybe if he could stop the attack he could make a move. The rock raised as the light struck Mime Jr. He lost control, but the rock was already in motion, straight at Gella. Kliff didn't even notice it until too late. The rock smacked Gella head on, causing Absorb to cease and Gella to be knocked back. Kliff grunted.

"Okay, try PoisonPowder instead!" he commanded, trying to think of more options. With a nod, Gella began to spray the purple powder at Mime Jr. Mime Jr. looked at Sam worriedly, but his trainer was already grinning widly.

"Ah, Kliff. You probably don't know this, but Confusion has several amazing effects, such as it's ability to capture dust like this! Confusion on the powder, take it back at Gella!" Mime Jr. focused, a blue aura appearing around both him and the powder. Slowly, the powder began to move backwards at the mess of vines.

"Get out of the way Gella!" Kliff hastily called. The Tangela did so, however the powder was being controlled by the small psychic pokemon. It followed Gella and caught her. Kliff swore, however he had to keep his cool,

"Okay Gella, use Ingrain!" he ordered. Gella found a soft patch of ground and planted some roots. Any energy lost from poison would be regained with Ingrain, at least.

"Okay then! Let's handle that little root problem! Mime Jr., lift our foe up! Quick!" Mime Jr. exerted all the force it had, barely lifting the tied down foe off the ground. The vine, however, stood hard.

"Sam, I thought you of all people would know that nothing can break Ingrain!" Kliff called over, "Gella, try another Absorb!" Sam scowled. Nothing worked...but just maybe he could find a way to run a better offense.

"Yeah, knew that, Kliff. Still, you should remember that poison spreads by movement! Alright, let's try something else! Mime Jr., while it's stuck, use Tickle" Mime Jr. jumped forward to wiggle it's fingers all over the vine covered pokemon.

Kliff sighed as Gella began to laugh so much she cried. Her defense and attack were being lowered - but Mime Jr. was still a low level. He couldn't lose... could he?

"Quick, while it's close! Constrict!" he shouted. Gella, still in fits of laughter, lashed her vines around in an attempt to wrap Mime Jr. and make it stop. Mime Jr. was wrapped close, being crushed by the vines.

"Now! Grab the rock with Confusion and raise it above Gella!" Mime Jr., in a last ditch attempt, lifted up a small rock with the attack. It was raised just over Gella and Mime Jr. as well.

"Well, Kliff. Would you agree that this is a tie? You knock out Mime Jr. and the rock falls, but at the same time if I let the rock fall, Gella is crushed. A tie good by you?"

Kliff paused, then grinned, "Deal." he said, "Plop Mime Jr. over to Sam will you Gella?" Gella put Mime Jr. down over by Sam, and was then recalled by Kliff. The rock fell, unharmingly. Tok was still amazed by it all - she had just watched an awesome battle!

Kliff walked over to Sam, Tok following. He held out his hand,

"Thanks Sam, that was an awesome battle," he said. Sam grinned, taking Kliff's hand and shaking.

"Same, Kliff. You're a great opponent and it gave me a real chance to test out Mime Jr.'s abilities. That was...his first real battle, honestly. Wish I'd gotten a chance to test out a couple more of my team members, but whatever. So, you headed to the gym after this?" Sam asked, recalling the small pink pokemon.

"Yep," Kliff replied, "I'm glad I could help you train Mime Jr. And yes, the gym's the next place for me. I presume you're planning on beating it too?" Sam grinned out of confidence.

"That's the plan. Still...that's not the real reason I'm here in Hoenn..." Sam looked at Mime Jr.'s pokeball.

Kliff didn't quite understand what he meant, "Sorry if I'm being nosey - but what is the real reason?" he asked, intrigued to know. Sam sighed. Was it worth telling Kliff this?

No...I can trust him... Sam thought, forming the story in his mind.

"Okay...but I'm only saying this once. Back at the end of the league, I dropped my pokemon with the professor's aid. During the time I didn't see them, they were stolen...along with Warren's and all the other pokemon in the lab. All my pokemon were taken from me...and brought here, to Hoenn. That's why I'm here; I'm taking out all of Team Aqua and Team Magma to get my team back, even if I have to do it myself. Thing is...I don't think I can do it myself. You're strong though, Kliff. I'd really like your help. If you ever see a Team Aqua or Magma member with a Ninetails, a Steelix, an Umbreon, a Pikachu, a Pidgeotto, a Gyarados, a Cloyster, a Venonat or an Igglybuff, please, take them down and retrieve the pokemon. Find me...return it to me. They're my team most likely...so please..." Sam begged, tears starting to form as he remembered his lost team.

Kliff listened to everything Sam said. Each of those pokemon - it was his Championship team, "... wow," was all he could say, quietly.

He smiled, "Don't worry Sam, I'll help," he said reassuringly, "I'm not sure how, but I'll help you. Infact, just the other day I ran into a Magma guy - no news on your pokemon though. Rest assured, if I see any of them then I'll save them." He retrieved Tok, who had been standing through the conversation, and began to walk back to the pokemon centre before turning his head to Sam, grinning,

"Guess I'll see you around," he said. Sam nodded, trying to hide a small tear.

The two parted ways for the time being. Kliff was filled with new thoughts - not only did he just battle the Kanto champion, but he was also helping him. Amazing what being a trainer for three days can do...

(OOC: Our work is done! *High Five*)

Last edited:

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • @Zeph and .Eclipse - Nice post guys! Have you JP'ed with evryone now .Eclipse? xD

@Zeph -
    Congratulations Togepi (Tok) grew to Level 3 and can now battle
    Congratulations Togepi (Tok) learned Growl and Charm
    Congratulations Sableye (Zabe) grew to Level 8 and learned Night Shade
    Congratulations Tangela (Gella) grew to Level 17

@.Eclipse -
    Congratulations Sableye grew to Level 8 and learned Night Shade
    Congratulations Mime Jr grew to Level 5 and learned Copycat

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • As the ferry slowly drifted away from the dock, Warren reflected on the two life lessons he had learned that day. First, that just because you can do something, it doesn't mean that you should. And second, it was not a good idea to slide down anything when you were tired and not very good at balancing on things anyway. He'd done ten flights on the rail and the rest on his face. Still, at least now he had a few hours to just sit and relax, enjoying the voyage.

"So, what happened then?" Warren looked around.

"Liv?" She nodded, stepping forwards. She'd changed from before - wearing a light green bomber jacket and khaki combat trousers, she looked more mature than before. More adult, in a way.

"The one and only. So, why are you bleeding this time?" Warren frowned, then winced as a cut above his eyebrow twinged.

"Um...I was mugged. By three guys. But I fought them off. Also, they were really big and tough." Liv raised an eyebrow.

"So what, you fell over or something?" Warren grimaced.

"...maybe. What are you doing here, anyway?"

"Heading to Granite Cave, on Dewford Island. There are some pretty rare Pokémon in there. Sableye, and Mawile." Warren nodded.

"Building up the killer team?"

"Not exactly." Liv smiled, as shed dug in a pocket before pulling out a miniature camera. "I dropped into Professor Birch's lab and it turned out he's looking for field researchers. The Pokédex info is kinda outdated when you actually look at it." Warren snorted, pulling out his Dex as he stepped up to the side of the boat, next to Liv.

"Are you kidding? This thing is perfect. Look, I'll just bring up a random Pokémon, see what it says." In the water, a Qwilfish shot past the boat, swimming at almost twice their speed. The Pokédex lit up.

"Qwilfish, the Balloon Pokémon. Its round form makes it a poor swimmer." Warren grimaced.

"Okay, so maybe it isn't completely accurate." Liv grinned.

"Well, that's where I come in. Birch's tasked me with cataloguing the Pokémon of Hoenn. Photos, behaviour, diet, social interactions. There's a lot we don't know." Warren raised his eyebrows.

"You sound like you've found your calling, or whatever."

"I have. Battling was never really my strong point, I realised that after I got flattened at the league." Warren nodded, not saying anything. Then he paused.

"But, what Bibarel and Butterfree, and Spearow?" Liv smiled.

"Bibarel's sticking with me. He's swimming along behind the boat. Butterfree and Fearow are with the Professor." Warren paused.

"You said...you realised this was what you wanted...after you lost. Maybe I'm not meant to be a trainer either." For a moment, Liv said nothing. Then, she burst out laughing. Warren turned red, snarling.

"What, what's so funny?"

"Oh, come off it, Warren. You solve all of your problems through attacking them with your Pokémon. If you weren't a trainer, you'd be nothing. Hell, if you weren't really a trainer at heart, why would you be taking this loss so hard?" Warren paused, clearly unconvinced.

"Look, how about you come with me to Granite Cave when we get to Dewford? I can show you what it's like and you can see if training really isn't the way for you. But I don't think you're gonna be changing your way anytime soon." Warren grinned, then flinched as the boat's horn blared loudly, right above their heads. The captain's voice rang out of the PA system.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we will be docking at Dewford soon. Please gather your things and prepare to disembark!" Liv patted Warren on the shoulder and he instantly blushed red.

"Well, let's get going then!"

slls81

Years
  • @You Just Lost The Game - Nice post, good to see Liv back. I bet Warren's glad to see her too.

Field researcher, eh? Doesn't quite sound like a perfect fit for Warren xD.

Also, what's wrong with Maple's pokedex?

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • Stepping out of the cave, Sam sighed.

"…what was the point in telling him that? Oh well…couldn't hurt. He wasn't exactly a pushover, though. Stalemated me, too. I'll just have to get stronger for next time…" He pulled out Sableye's and Mime Jr.'s pokeballs. Throwing them lightly, the two appeared.

"Mime?" Mime Jr. looked up at him while Sableye just looked around, confused. Sam grinned.

"Hey, guys. Just a second…" Sam put his backpack down and pulled out two potions. Spraying them over the two Pokémon, he grinned as their cuts slowly started to vanish. Before long, both appeared to be completely healed. Sam grinned.

"Sable…" Sableye looked at Sam, grinning. The creature obviously wished to return to the darkness of the cave. Sam pulled out Mime Jr.'s pokeball.

"Alright. Kliff is challenging the gym at the moment, no doubt. That means I can't…so maybe a bit more training is in order. You two are still in need of some work before I take you to that gym. You've both got advantages…but I want you to get stronger first. C'mon. Let's go." Sam recalled the two Pokémon and stepped back into the cave. He had one simple goal in mind; to take out whatever opponents he could.

About one hundred feet in, Sam encountered yet another odd Pokémon. A yellow one with blue fists…definitely a Hoenn Pokémon.

"These Hoenn Pokémon…" Sam whispered, drawing a pokeball. Mime Jr. could handle this thing on his own.

"Maku!" the creature glared at him, charging forward. Sam sighed, throwing the pokeball at its feet. The yellow creature leapt back as Mime Jr. appeared. Sam grinned.

"Mime Jr.! We're taking this thing down! Use Tickle!" Mime Jr. nodded and leapt forward, tickling the creature with his small hands. The creature started to jump up and down in laughter when suddenly, footsteps came echoing up from the further back parts of the cave.

"Makuhita! Get back here!" a voice yelled. Sam looked up to see a boy dressed in a typical new trainer's outfit. He saw his Pokémon and then looked up at Sam. "Who're you?"

"I could ask you the same question. You're a new trainer, then? I was just about to take down this little Makuhita…but maybe it would be more fun to battle you, its trainer." Sam pointed at Mime Jr. The boy sighed.

"I hate it when Makuhita just runs off like that. The name's Matt…I'm a new trainer on this island, just like you said. I'm preparing for a battle against Brawley, our gym leader. And you? I haven't seen you around here before…" he looked Sam over then did the same to Mime Jr.

"Yeah, I'm new around here. The name's Sam…and you?" The boy sighed.

"Matt. Nice to meet ya. So, what brings you to Granite Cave?" Sam shrugged.

"Not much, basically same as you. I'm training a couple new additions to my team. So, how about that battle then?" Matt grinned suddenly.

"Sure. I could always use a chance to wreck a weak trainer like you. I'll keep with Makuhita, I suppose." Sam gritted his teeth. This kid was mocking him already? Maybe he should teach the little brat a lesson.

"Okay then, you little son of a bi-" Sam was cut off by Matt giving a command.

"Great! Makuhita, use Tackle!" Sam sighed. The yellow creature charged, using its arm as a sort of guard to hit with.

"Alright, barrier!" Sam barked out just in time for Mime Jr. to create a sphere of psychic energy around himself. Makuhita crashed hard into the field, flying backwards to land on the ground flat on its behind. Matt looked at Sam in rage.

"You freaking cheater! That's not a fair move!" Sam laughed.

"Look, dude. If the Pokémon can learn the move, it's legal. Now, my turn to attack! Mime Jr., use Confusion on Makuhita! Crush it!" Mime Jr. became coated in the blue energy, leaping up and down. Makuhita was also surrounded by the field, suddenly cringing in pain. Sam laughed at the look on its face as Mime Jr. crushed it with energy. The energy vanished from around both, causing Makuhita to fall to the ground. Matt glared at it.

"Get up, you stupid lump! It's lower level than you, you should be CRUSHING IT!" Sam looked up as the ceiling of the cave. This was gonna be a long battle.

"Maybe if you would calm down and think…" he started, but Matt interrupted again.

"No, get in there! Arm Thrust!" Makuhita leapt forward, pulling one arm back. Sam wasn't familiar with the move, but he was pretty sure he knew what was about to happen.

"Quick, Barrier" he yelled. Instead of creating a barrier around himself, though, Mime Jr. looked at the move. Ducking under the quick smash Makuhita delivered by swinging its arm forward, he suddenly did the most unexpected of things. Mime Jr. swung his arm up, crashing it into Makuhita's stomach. The yellow beast crashed into the ground, groaning in pain.

"GOD DAMMIT! STOP CHEATING!" Matt screamed, his face become a shade of purple Sam had never seen before. He chuckled at this.

"It's not cheating, how many times have I said that? Look, if I can get my Pokémon to use the move, it's legal, okay? Now, Mime Jr., use Arm Thrust!" The pink Pokémon turned to face him, looking confused.

"Mime?" it asked. Sam looked at it confused, but Matt seemed to know exactly what to do.

"Go, Tackle it!" Sam didn't have time to react as Mime Jr. was sent flying by the powerful tackle.

"…AND YOU SAID I WAS CHEATING?!" he roared. Matt grinned.

"My Pokémon can use the move, therefore it's fair." He sneered at Sam. Sam growled, pulling out his pokedex. Maybe the seemingly endless box of knowledge would know what had happened. He pointed it at Mime Jr., then clicked into a page where it had moves. At the bottom of the list was a move Sam hadn't seen before. Clicking on it, the box spurted out something useful for once.

"Copycat. This move allows the Pokémon using it to use the move last used by its opponent." Sam grinned. This could work…maybe. First, though, he had another move to try out.

"Mime Jr., use Confusion on yourself and charge at Makuhita!" Sam remembered the ever familiar combo Warren had used on him all that time ago. Mime Jr. nodded, lifting into the air. It got a couple of feet up, but suddenly fell to the ground, crashing hard. Matt laughed heartily at the sight.

"Loser! Let me take it out of its misery! Use Vital Throw!" Sam cringed. That move sounded familiar. Makuhita charged forward, grabbing Mime Jr. It began to spin, Mime Jr.'s legs in its strangely shaped hands. Suddenly, it let go. Mime Jr. went flying, crashing hard into a wall. Sam's eyes opened wide.

"MIME JR.! GET UP!" he pleaded. The small creature started to stand, injuries apparent everywhere. He got to his feet, breathing heavily. Matt scowled.

"What, it's still up? How is that weak little thing still standing?" Sam narrowed his eyes to slits, glaring at his opponent.

"Go to hell! Mime Jr., use Teeter Dance!" Sam remembered the move in rage. Mime Jr. nodded weakly before beginning the strange dance. Sam grinned, an evil look on his face. "Might wanna close your eyes."

Makuhita stared at Mime Jr. for a couple of seconds in confusion before suddenly beginning to dance.

"Maku?!" it cried. Sam laughed quietly. Everything was going according to plan.

"Makuhita, stop it! NOW!" Matt commanded, but Makuhita didn't have a choice anymore. It kept dancing in the same strange fashion. Mime Jr. suddenly stopped. Sam grinned.

"Now, use Copycat!" Mime Jr. nodded, running at Makuhita. He grabbed the yellow creature by the legs and began spinning it despite the large amount of weight. Spinning as fast as he could manage, Mime Jr. eventually gathered up the force to throw the creature. Makuhita crashed into a wall, crying out in pain. It collapsed, unmoving.

"NO!" Matt grabbed a pokeball and returned the creature. "Useless brat…" Sam scowled.

"You'd treat your Pokémon like that? That's it…you're going down. Mime Jr., good job. Return…" Sam recalled the pink Pokémon in a flash. Matt glared at him.

"I'd have taken it down and you know it. Well, gonna send out another weak Pokémon?" Sam grinned in the same deranged fashion.

"Yeah…Sableye, let's go!" The purple Pokémon appeared from the orb, looking around in an evil manner.

"Sab…le…" it cackled. Sam grinned, but Matt simply glared.

"…well, it won't beat Aron!" he yelled, throwing out another pokeball of his own. A silver Pokémon appeared, small, though. Sam sighed. The color meant steel type and it looked like it might be more than that. Pulling out his pokedex, he decided it would be better to find out.

Aron, the Iron Armor Pokémon.
    This Pokémon is coated in iron, making it's body difficult to injure with close range attacks. It also can eat metal. It is of the steel and rock types.

Sam sighed. His guess had been right on the money; it was both rock and steel. Matt grinned.

"That box of yours is basically telling you to give up. Prepare to hand over your money and your Pokémon!" Sam raised an eyebrow.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Matt sighed.

"Let me put it to you this way. If you don't hand over everything I ask for when you lose, I'll have my Aron beat you down and I'll take them. What now?!" Matt mocked. Sam looked at his feet. This kid was a brat…a spoiled brat.

"Look, I'm one hell of a lot better at Pokémon battling than you are. Hell, I'm one of the best in the world. To prove it, your Aron goes down here, got it? You can even have the first move." Matt grinned.

"Great, you want to hand your team over. Aron, use Headbutt!" Sam smirked. The kid was also an absolute idiot. Aron charged at full force at Sableye. Sableye gave Aron its evil grin as the metal creature suddenly passed through it. Not realizing it had not hit Sableye, it kept running…right into a wall. It screeched in pain, leaping backwards.

"…well, apparently its typing doesn't have any effect over whether or not walls hurt it. Sableye! Use Leer!" Aron turned around to see Sableye right in its face. Sableye's gem eyes flashed, causing Aron to jump in confusion.

"Grr…TACKLE IT!" Matt barked. Aron, gathering its courage again, flung itself forward. Once again, straight through Sableye. Sam sighed.

"Y'know, one would think you would learn the first time. Sableye, show it with Scratch!" Sableye, instead of swinging its dangerous claw, did something completely unexpected. It fired two dark beams from its eyes, hitting Aron. The creature jumped back, not in fear but in pain. Sam looked at the purple beast with a look of confusion.

"What kind of move…?" he asked. His pokedex came to the rescue easily.

"Night Shade. This move does damage according to the level of the user." Sam silently thanked god the professor had given him the metal box of wisdom. Matt's face once again changed color, this time to more of a scarlet hue.

"WHY DO YOUR POKEMON KEEP LEARNING MOVES THAT LET YOU WIN?!" he screamed. Sam shrugged.

"I dunno. They're just awesome like that, I guess. Oh well…Sableye, use Scratch this time, but on Aron's eyes!" Sableye nodded, leaping easily over the metal creature, landing softly on the ground in almost a ghost-like manner. It swung the claw over Aron's face. Aron jumped back, not quite in pain but having been stunned.

"Well, since normal moves don't work…Mud Slap!" Aron spun, kicking up some mud. Much to Sam's dismay, Sableye was hit, jumping backwards in pain. Some had gotten in his eyes, but obviously that wasn't going to do much good. It slid right off of the gem stones.

"Well then! Use Night Shade again!" Sableye leapt forward to attack, but Matt had obviously thought of something.

"Use Mud Slap!" he yelled. Aron spun around just in time, nullifying the powerful beams with mud, which further injured Sableye. Sam growled. That Aron had some sort of unbeatable defense…and its armor didn't exactly make hitting it easier. Sableye was infinitely faster, but what good did that do if he couldn't land a fair hit?

"Ugh…this thing is really starting to get on my nerves. Sableye…use Scratch on its head!" Sableye leapt forward, slashing to no avail. Aron stood strong against the attack. Sam sighed.

"Use Headbutt on that rock, hit the beast!" Aron backed up to where it was behind a well-sized rock. It charged forward, sending it flying. By the time Sam knew what was going on, it was too late. Sableye was already flying backwards, eventually crashing into a rock of its own. Sam scowled. Matt was finding ways to attack. He'd have to end this fast. Aron had obviously reacted to the shot to the eyes and Mud Slap did nothing for accuracy. Maybe if he could time things right…

"Okay, I've got it! Sableye, use Scratch on its eyes!" he yelled again. Sableye looked at him confused, but shrugged it off and leapt. Matt sighed.

"You don't learn, do you? Go, use Mud Slap!" Aron spun, kicking mud up. He grinned as Sableye was covered, but the purple beast made it through, crushing Matt's smile. The purple beat swung the massive claw, crashing hard into Aron's eyes. Aron screeched in pain once more. Sam knew it was time.

"NOW! Use Night Shade!" Sableye let another burst of the dark energy, hitting Aron hard. The creature backed up in pain, but shrugged it off all the same. Sam scowled. That wouldn't be enough. He would have to find another way of hurting it.

"What's wrong, feeling weak? Go, hit it with another rock!" Aron fired another rock, but Sableye saw it coming. Without waiting for Sam's command, he leapt up on it, then off of that to the top of the cave. Sam heard the sound of breaking rock, meaning Sableye had taken root there. Suddenly, it all clicked into place. He could do what Sableye had before.

"HA! Your Sableye's pathetic. It's run away! How weak, you may as well hand it all over!" Sam scowled. Maybe he could make it all work to his advantage, though.

"No, I'll never give up! Sableye, use Night Shade on the rocks!" Sam silently prayed that things would land right.

"Well then! Aron, go use Headbutt on him and make him hand them over!" Aron nodded, charging at Sam. Suddenly, a loud noise echoed throughout the cavern.

"SABLE!" a hiss came from above. It was quickly followed by a loud crack, then the sound of a falling object. Aron stopped to look up, followed by Matt and eventually Sam. The sight shocked all but the latter. A huge rock was falling through the sky with Sableye on top. The rock crashed into the ground, right on top of Aron. Its tail end was crushed but it was sent flying straight up. Sam grinned.

"Finish it, knock it to the ground with Scratch!" Sableye leapt off the rock, smashing its claw once more into Aron, but this time in its softer underbelly. The creature crashed hard into the ground, its head falling back. It was done.

"ARON!" Matt brought out a pokeball, returning the Pokémon. He looked up, glaring at Sam. "You jerk! Look what you did!" Sam shrugged.

"You're the one who tried to beat me down…looks like your plan backfired. A tip, don't mess with people who're stronger than you…" Sam returned Sableye and walked out of the cave towards the pokecenter. Next stop, the Dewford Gym.

As he stepped out, though, Sam was struck with a brilliant idea. Pulling a knife out of his bag, he cut into the cave walls several words...

OOC: And there ya go! My latest :)

Last edited:

Zeph.

Years
  • As Kliff found himself approaching the pokecentre, he couldn't help but reflect on what Sam had told him - his pokemon, stolen. And he had only went and agreed to help retrieve them. But Hoenn was a big place - so where to start was the main problem.

The sun was slowly setting, giving Dewford island a warm, orange tint to it. Kliff walked into the centre and gave two pokeballs - containing Gella and Zabe - to the nurse. She nodded, knowing what to do. It was only then the person standing next to Kliff came alive,

"Fancy seeing you here,"

Kliff looked at the person, and sighed with a smile,

"Hello Lauren," he said, "likewise,"

"I take it you're challenging the gym here tomorrow?" she asked,

"Yea, what about you?"

"Me too! Look," she flashed a Stone Badge, similar to Kliffs, "Admittedly it took me two tries,"

"Yea?" Kliff asked, as if hinting her to go on,

Lauren nodded, "Tyrogue had a bit of trouble on his own, so I caught a Lotad too! Her Absorb was vital,"

Kliff laughed, "Yea, I know how good Absorb can be," he said recalling Gella's performance back at Rustboro, "So are you staying in here the night?"

"Yea, I was just about to ask Nurse Joy for a room-"

"Don't bother," Kliff interupted, "We'll share one, really, no trouble at all!"

"Oh, thanks!" she replied with a smile, "Saves too much trouble that way,"

"Here you go!" The nurse said with four pokeballs, "each of your pokemon are fully healed!"

"Thanks you!" Lauren said bubbly. Kliff simply nodded in thanks. The two trainers walked along the corridor at the end of the centre to the room Kliff rented. Wasting little time, Kliff put the yellow key in the lock and with a chunk, opened the door. With great relief, he slung his bag and jacket onto the top bunk of one of the beds and threw himself onto the lower bed,

"God, I'm exhausted," he said with a yawn,

Lauren, more gently, placed her things on the opposite bed and sat, "Yea? What's been so demanding of your energy?" she said mockingly. Kliff sat up,

"I had to rescue a baby pokemon from that friggin' cave over there, battled a Sableye in the pitch dark and caught it, nearly broke my ribs in the proccess, and to top it all, I battled Sam Saruno..." Kliff clasped his hand over his eyes - he said he wouldn't blurt Sam's presence out. Lauren gasped,

"Really? Sam Saruno! Is he here?" she said getting more and more excited,

"No - I mean, yea but," Kliff sighed, "look: we had a conversation, and I said that I wouldn't blab his wearabouts to anyone. You can't tell anyone okay?" he said, more serious,

"Okay, okay," Lauren said, "So, you have two new Pokemon?" she asked intently,

"Oh, yea," Kliff said releasing the two newcomers. Tok and Zabe appeared inbetween the two beds. Tok stretched in relief, Zabe however jumped onto the bottom bunk next to Kliff, hiding from the lights. Lauren nearly squeaked,

"Aww a Togepi!" she gasped picking it up and snuggling it, "She's just adorable!"

Kliff paused, "Heh, I hatched her from an egg earlier today infact. This here's Zabe," he said patting his newest pokemon on the head. Zabe simply stopped and looked at Kliff in a shocked way, "He's a real bundle of laughs,"

Lauren put Tok down and yawned, "Y'know, think I'll call it a night," she said kicking her shoes off and getting comfortable in the bed, "I'm pretty tired too,"

"Good idea," Kliff said in reply. As he was about to tuck himself in, Zabe nudged him in the shoulder. He then grinned nodding at Lauren, then at Kliff. Kliff blushed slightly,

"Oh come off it!" he said quietly, returning the Sableye to his pokeball. He was about to do the same with Tok, however she jumped onto the bed with him and lay on the pillow. Kliff sighed.

The lights went off. It was about 10 pm, and both Kliff and Lauren were sound asleep in their beds. Tok was nestled against Kliff, grateful for the warmth.

(OOC: I was bored :P Next: Gym post! Are you excite? XD)

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • @Zeph - Nice post! Good development of Zabe and Tok's personalities :)

"I had to rescue a baby pokemon from that friggin' cave over there, battled a Sableye in the pitch dark and caught it, nearly broke my ribs in the proccess, and to top it all, I battled Sam Saruno..." Kliff clasped his hand over his eyes - he said he wouldn't blurt Sam's presence out. Lauren gasped,

Ooh .Eclipse Sam's gonna be pissed... xD

(OOC: I was bored :P Next: Gym post! Are you excite? XD)

Very much so :)

Zeph.

Years
  • Vs. Brawly I

Slowly, and heavily, Kliff's eyes eventually opened. He turned to look at the clock. 10 am. He stretched and began to shift, nearly causing Tok to fall out of the bed. He yawned with relief and saw that Lauren was still asleep. He got the essentials and left the room for the shower blocks.

Feeling relieved with the first proper wash in days, a fresh change of clothes and a relaxing boost to the day, he returned to the room to find Lauren just getting up,

"Morning," he said, stuffing his laundry into his bag for later,

"Mm-hmm," she mumbled in response - still half asleep, "I thought you'd left for a second there,"

Kliff laughed, "Without saying goodbye?" he said jokingly, "Anyway, I'm just about to - best to start the day early and all," he continued, packing his last remaining items,

"Without a breakfast?" Lauren asked almost in shock. As if on cue, Kliff's stomach growled a little, begging him to be fed. He sighed,

"Okay then, what do you want?"

----------

It turned out Lauren wasn't all to adventurous with food. Despite all the local foods and meals Dewford had on offer, toast was what she wanted. So there they were in the centre, at a table, eating toast. Mind you, it was perfectly done and... sweet for some reason.

"So you'll be off to the Gym then?" Lauren asked Kliff casually. He gulped down a mouthful of orange juice,

"Yep, and with Zabe at hand it should be a piece of cake." he replied, "You?"

"Think I'll train a bit at Granite Cave," Lauren said looking out the window, "I might even find something that picks my fancy,"

Kliff nodded and finished his last slice, "Well then, best of luck. Catch you later!"

Lauren smiled, "Yea. You too!"

----------

More confident this time, Kliff pushed open the door of Dewford Island Gym. There was a class going on inside - a surfing class. At the front, lecturing the young people (presumably aged 8-10) was a man in his early twenties. He wore an orange shirt, blue cargo shorts and sandals. His hair was sky blue and splashed outwards. Everyone noticed Kliff enter and stopped,

"Hey there!" the man called over, "Can I help you?"

Kliff took a breath, "I'm here for a Gym battle?" he replied. A number of excited gasps came from the class. The man grinned,

"Well you're in the right place! I'm Brawly, the Gym leader!" he said as if to announce himself, "Okay everyone, let's take a seat over at the stand!"

The kids all hurried to the spectator area, eager to witness the Gym battle. Both Kliff and Brawly took there positions at either side of the field. Kliff surveyed his battling area - it was basically a huge gym hall, with floorboards and some lines painted out on them. Brawly nodded at one of his assistants standing by who walked to the middle of the sidelines - the referee position.

"What's your name kiddo?" Brawly asked. Kliff, despite his hate for that name, answered calmly,

"Kliff Carterson, Pallet Town!" he answered,

The referee raised a hand, "This 2 on 2 Gym battle between Leader Brawly and Challenger Kliff Carterson of Pallet Town will now begin! Only the challenger may make substitutions!" Both trainers raised a pokeball, grinning.

"Go, Machop!"

"Zabe, I choose you!"

The two pokemon burst out onto the field, sizing each other up and taking their battle stances - Zabe's in particular involving a lot of chuckles. Kliff scanned the familiar fighting type from Kanto,

Machop: the Superpower pokemon. It continually undertakes strenuous training to master all forms of martial arts. Its strength lets it easily hoist a sumo wrestler onto its shoulders.

"After you Kliff!" Brawly said with a hint of excitement. Kliff grinned,

"Okay Zabe, Scratch!" he shouted. The Sableye laughed as he ran in for Machop, claws at the ready. Brawly smirked,

"Foresight!" he suddenly commanded. Kliff's mouth dropped - this was not good,

"Quick, dodge it!" he called. Zabe, also looking panicked, darted to the side with haste, barely avoiding Foresight. Brawly laughed,

"Quick move there Kliff! You come too close then Foresight will cause you problems!"

Kliff tried to keep calm, "Well then I'll need to find other ways of attack then won't I?" he said.

"Sable!" Zabe blurted in reply. Two black waves of energy shot out from his diamond eyes, however. As they approached Machop, they intensified and enveloped the pokemon. It cried in pain as it was struck by the darkness. Both trainers were surprised,

"Machop!" Brawly cried. Kliff simply grinned,

"Night Shade. A Ghost type attack that does damage equal to the user's level." his pokedex beeped.

Brawly laughed, "Not bad Kliff! Machop! Use Karate Chop to break free!" he ordered.

"Maaaa!" The fighting pokemon groaned as it battled the Night Shade. It swiped both it's arms to the side hard and fast, causing the attack to disperse.

"Now use Foresight Machop!" Brawly called. Machop tensed itself, readying the attack,

"Quick Zabe! Leer!" Kliff commanded. Zabe's large eyes flashed directly at Machop, causing it to pause momentarily,

"Now follow up with Scratch!" Kliff shouted. With a hop and a jump, Zabe flew into Machop, swiping it across the face with Scratch. Kliff grinned - Brawly cursed.

"Machop stay focused! Stun Zabe with Leer!" he shouted, sounding more serious,

"Quick! Jump!" Kliff said in retaliation. Zabe grinned as he bound into the air, avoiding Machop's eyes,

"Now use Night Shade!"

"Bly!" Zabe chuckled as he let loose the darkness from his eyes, sending it down on Machop.

"Maaa! Choooop!" it cried as the waves of Night Shade began to overwhelm it. Brawly looked p***ed now,

"Leer!" he bellowed. Machope shot Zabe a look, causing the attack to cease and the imp pokemon to fall.

"Perfect! Now use Foresight!" he yelled. Machop fired two small red beams from his eyes, homing in on Zabe. Kliff panicked, then he noticed the referee,

"Zabe! The shadow!" he frantically called to the falling Sableye, pointing at the referee's shadow. Zabe saw it, then looked at Kliff with a reassuring grin. With a quick dash, he flew over and dissapeared into the man's shadow - much to his shock - and Foresight just skimmed the top, hitting the ground. Kliff looked at brawly, however he was... tense? Brawly didn't know if Foresight had hit or not! However Kliff knew it hadn't,

"Okay Zabe, be careful! Fighting attacks can hit you now!" he called over in a total bluff. Zabe hopped back out of the shadow with a look of confusion in his face. Catching sight of Kliff's supressed grin, he understood what was going on.

Brawly laughed, "Game over Kliff! With it's ghost type out of the way, Fighting attacks will obliterate dark types like Zabe! Karate Chop!!" he yelled in excitement. Machop ran in towards Zabe, arm glowing. Zabe stood still, pretending to look helpless.

Machop swung its arm down hard on Zabe, however the attack went right through it as if he were transparent. Zabe adopted a mad grin, and Kliff smirked,

"Foresight didn't hit, Brawly!" Brawly's face went white,

"Scratch!" Kliff shouted.

"Sableye!!" Zabe called in reply. It brought a clawed arm up into the air and brought it down hard onto Machop - who was sent flying head over heels back to Brawly,

"No Machop! Foresight!" Brawly gasped in a last ditch effort to make something of this scurmish. Almost heroically, Machop swayed and fired another Foresight - only this time it hit its mark, catching the celebrating Sableye. Immidiately, Machop collapsed.

"Machop is unable to battle! The winner is Sableye!" the ref called. Zabe whooped and laughed in joy.

"Return Machop!" Brawly sighed, "You did what you needed to do. Thanks,"

"You too Zabe!" Kliff said, holding up a pokeball and recalling Zabe, "Brawly's right - now that you're affected by Foresight, fighting moves will overwhelm you. Take a breather for now."

"Gotta say Kliff," Brawly said with a smile, "That was impressive!"

"Thanks!" Kliff said, "I'm having a good time here too,"

"Rest assured though," Brawly continued, "This next pokemon certainly won't make things easy for you!"

(OOC: Part Two - coming soon! :D)

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • @Zeph - Great battle post! Quick thinking from Kliff to get Sableye to hide in the referee's shadow! I really like the way you're developing Zabe's character :) Can't wait to see how Kliff get's on in part 2 :D

Congratulations Sableye (Zabe) grew to Level 10

Zeph.

Years
  • Kliff stayed quiet - Brawly was certainly confident about his next pokemon,

"Okay Makuhita! Come on out!" he announced as he threw another pokeball into the air. It burst open and a stream of white light boomed down onto the arena. Dissapearing, it left a small, tubby, yellow pokemon standing ready for battle:

Makuhita: the Guts pokemon. It eats a lot of food, gets plenty of sleep, and it trains very rigorously. By living that way, this Pokémon packs its body with energy.

Kliff closed the pokedex again and unclipped Gella's pokeball. Now the fight got serious,

"Go, Gella!" Kliff said loudly. The pokeball was thrown forward, releasing the Tangela inside.

"Fake Out!" Brawly ordered, not giving Kliff enough time to even prepare. Makuhita shot forwards, slapping Gella at either side of her head (or body) with its arms. Gella was dazed,

"Okay Gella!" Kliff said, keeping calm, "Start things off with Growth!" Gella, however, flinched. The added effect of Fake Out,

"Good Makuhita! Use Focus Energy!" Brawly ordered. Makuhita closed its eyes before a fain, red aura surrounded it. Kliff had to be careful - the chances of Gella recieving a critical hit had just increased,

"Try Growth again!" Kliff shouted. Gella nodded this time, increasing slightly in size. Now her Special Attacks were boosted - things were pretty much a stale mate,

"Use Arm Thrust!" Brawly shouted. Makuhita ran to Gella, before slamming her back with its palm. However before Gella had time to recover, Makuhita struck again, and again, and then once more with a final blow.

"Taaaang!" Gella squealed as she was thrown backwards. Kliff growled,

"Stay focused Gella! Let's try Constrict!" He commanded. Gella got to her feet and lashed two vine out to grab Makuhita,

"Now, use Bulk Up!" Brawly shouted. Makuhita smirked, before tightening its body muscles to increase its strength. Gella wrapped the vines around Makuhita, however the fighting pokemon endured the hit with Bulk Up,

"Vital Throw!" ordered Brawly. Makuhita grabbed Gella's vines and began to spin slowly. Eventually, it gained speed and Gella was lifted into the air, being swung around helplessly.

"Maku!" the small sumo pokemon grunted as it tossed Gella skyward at great speed. The Tangela smacked into the wall, high up,

Kliff gritted his teeth, "Gella! Use Absorb!" he shouted over to her. Gella aimed at Makuhita and shot out a small green beam. The attack hit its mark, and Makuhita groaned in pain as Gella absorbed its energy. The attack didn't last long, however, as Gella landed hard on the floor. Brawly grinned,

"Looks like the tables may have turned Kliff!" he said, "Surely your Tangela packs more of a punch than that?"

Kliff felt his fist clench, "Gella! Show it a Sleep Powder!" he yelled. Gella prepared to spray the powder at Makuhita,

Brawly laughed, "Sand Attack!" he shouted. Makuhita sweeped its hands across the floor and somehow managed to create a large pile of sand, before flinging it at Gella. The grass pokemon coughed and spluttered, and Sleep Powder was sprayed about in all the wrong directions.

Brawly sighed, "Looks like i'll have to end this now then: Makuhita! Arm Thrust!" Makuhita again ran for Gella. Kliff had a plan this time though,

"Use Constrict on its fist!" he yelled. Gella suddenly wrapped out a number of vines and wrapped them around Makuhita's oncoming fist, stopping the attack. Gella entangled the vines tight, meaning Makuhita couldn't get free,

"Now Absorb!" Gella used the vines to sap health from Makuhita, caught by Constrict,

"Hiiiitaaa!" it cried in pain. Kliff smirked - Absorb was doing the trick, and Makuhita couldn't to anything to break free. Or so he thought...

"Makuhita! Use Vital Throw!" Brawly ordered. Makuhita fought through the pain and began to throw its arm about. Gella, latched on, was thrown about also, crashing into the ground and spinning madly through the air. Makuhita couldn't loosen it's grip however - meaning Gella was simply going to be battered and thrown around again and again

Brawly seemed fine by this, as Gella looked like she would faint sooner than Makuhita. Kliff was worried, but he did have an idea...

"Gella! Use Poison Powder on its hand!" he yelled to the Tangela being thrown about. Using the move at close range, the poison began to seep into Makuhita's fist and through its arm. Eventually it's whole body was affected, and Makuhita was poisoned. Kliff smirked, however Brawly was doing the same,

"Big mistake Kliff!" he called over, "Makuhita has the Guts ability - when it's inflicted with something like poison, its attack doubles!" Kliff's eyes widened - this definately wasn't good!

"Makuuuhitaaaa!!" The fighting pokemon roared as its eyes flashed red and a red aura surrounded it. Its muscles became pumped and it looked more powerful. It swung Gella about with more force and speed - she couldn't take it much longer.

Makuhita threw Gella forwards, however as they were still stuch together, she sprang right back - like a ball on a bat. Makuhita threw his fist forward with raging power, smashing Gella in the face with a powerful blow at the point of contact. It was so powerful that Gella's vines snapped as she flew backwards - releasing the two pokemon from eachother. She careered into the wall with a crack and fell to the ground, unmoving.

"Tangela is unable to battle! The winner is Makuhita!" the referee exclaimed. Brawly and Makuhita gave eachother a thumbs-up while Kliff sighed heavily, recalling his fainted pokemon. Brawly had the upper hand now - his Makuhita was still going strong, and its attack power was crazy. Kliff only had Zabe left, who had been hit by Foresight and thus vulnerable to fighting moves. One bad hit would end it. But - Makuhita was still poisoned, even being hurt by it as he waited for his next opponent.

Kliff took a breath,

"Zabe! Do it!" he shouted. Zabe bounced onto the field, cackling and hopping about - still full of energy. Kliff decided to take the first move,

"Zabe! Use Leer!" he ordered. The Sableye nodded and its eyes flashed brightly as it shot Makuhita an intimidating look,

"Shake it off Makuhita! Use Arm Thrust!" Kliff shuddered - this move could end it all here and now. Makuhita's fists began to glow as it charged for Zabe,

"Zabe! You can be hit - watch out!" Kliff called over. Zabe smiled coyly and jumped up and over Makuhita with ease. Kliff sighed with relief - it was a god thing Zabe was fast,

"Now use Night Shade!" he shouted. Zabe's eyes turned black and two streams of darkness beamed their way to Makuhita. The fighting pokemon was caught by the attack,

"Hita!!" it cried as it was enveloped in the attack. Kliff felt more relieved - he might actually be able to pull this off,

"Use Arm Thrust to break free!" shouted Brawly. Makuhita swung its arms with incredible force, pushing the attack back until it stopped altogether. It then stumbled slightly due to poison - maybe if Zabe could just keep the dodging up...

"Zabe! Use Leer again!" Kliff called out to his pokemon. Zabe's eyes flashed again, lowering Makuhita's defense a bit more,

"Sand-Attack!" snapped Brawly. Makuhita swiped a big cloud of sand over Zabe, who's vision was now obstructed by the dust,

"Now get in there with Arm Trust!" Brawly continued. Makuhita ran into the cloud too, then there was a thud.

And another,

"Sableyyyye!!!" and another.

Zabe was thrown out of the dust cloud, landing hard on its back in pain. The Sand-Attack faded, leaving Makuhita there, grinning slightly. Zabe battled to its feet and stared at Makuhita.

Both pokemon were panting heavily - Makuhita was down on one knee, and Zabe looked battered and bruised too. One more strong hit would end it for one of them - but the fact remained that Makuhita was taking poison damage,

"Kliff, this has been intense!" Brawly called over to him, "But I'm afraid it ends here! Use Arm Thrust!" he shouted. Makuhita picked itself up and ran in for Zabe, fists glowing,

Kliff felt helpless - Zabe was too weak to make a dodge, what could he do? He then remembered the shadow technique - and noticed Makuhita's shadow too. If Zabe could do this just right,

Makuhita came withing striking distance,

"Zabe! Get in its shadow!" Kliff bellowed. Zabe grinned as it spotted the shadow. In the nick of time, the imp pokemon hopped into the floor where the shadow lay, avoiding Makuhita's bullet like fist by mere inches.

Makuhita ground to a halt. It looked around for its opponent, and then froze in fear as it realised its shadow was looking back at it with big, diamond eyes and a toothy smile,

"Scratch!"

"Sable!"

Zabe leapt out of the shadow, swiping both its clawed hands with great force across Makuhita, sending the pokemon falling back in great pain. It looked like it had an ounce of energy left in it - however the poison saw to that. Makuhita didn't move,

"Makuhita is unable to battle! The winner is Sableye! Victory goes to the Challenger Kliff Carterson!" the ref boomed. Zabe slumped onto its rear and panted heavily, smiling. Kliff was filled with total awe at Zabe's performance, and walked over to him,

"Congratulations Zabe!" he said patting the pokemon on the back, "You've just earned your place on the team!"

Zabe paused, before giving Kliff a thumbs-up, grinning.

Brawly recalled Makuhita and walked over to Kliff,

"Kid, that was excellent!" he said, shaking Kliff's hand, "You'll go far, trust me. Here, take the Cobble Badge as proof of your victory at Dewford Gym!" Brawly handed Kliff a small blue badge. With gratitude, Kliff took the badge.

Thanking Brawly, he turned and left the Gym. As he stepped outside, he couldn't help but throw his fist in the air and cheer.

(OOC: That's 2 down, 6 to go :P)

slls81

Years
  • @Zeph. - Nice Gym battle, was reallly close for a minute there! COngratulations on being the first to earn the Cobble Badge!

Congratulations Kliff earned a Cobble Badge

Congratulations Tangela (Gella) grew to Level 17
    Congratulations Sableye (Zabe) grew to Level 11 and learned Astonish

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • Full Force Fighting! Mime Jr. vs. Machop, Sam vs. Brawley!

Stepping out of the pokecenter, Sam looked forward in confidence. He had but a single goal; to beat down the Dewford Gym!

"I've got my strategy…" he whispered. He had spent the entire night before formulating a battle plan for this gym, perfect for taking down fighting types. "So I WILL win!" He stepped off proudly towards the gym. He arrived to a young boy walking out.

"DAMMIT!" he yelled. Sam recognized that tone.

"Matt?!" he asked. The boy looked at him and scowled.

"What the hell do you want, you psycho? I just beat that pathetic gym leader!" he sneered. Sam looked at him inquisitively.

"…if you won, why did you come out yelling 'dammit'?" he asked. Matt glared at him.

"Mind your own business you jerk. I'm out of here, no time to deal with losers." He walked away, but not before Sam had come up with something else witty to yell.

"Gee, if you can't stand losers how do you deal with yourself?" Matt cringed in fury. Sam laughed and stepped inside the gym, ready for his next gym battle.

Inside, it was like a giant fighting dojo, similar to the one he'd seen way back in Saffron City. A man stood at the other side, sighing.

"Damn that kid was stupid…I didn't even have to waste any Pokémon. Good work, Meditite…" he returned a Pokémon that appeared to be levitating. Sam had seen some strange ones in Hoenn but nothing quite like that…

"Yo, you Brawley!" Sam yelled. The man turned around to face him.

"Yeah, that'd be me. And you are?" he asked. Sam stopped to think, not wanting to give away his cover.

"Sam…" he said. Brawley looked at him confused.

"Sam…?" he asked. Sam sighed.

"That's not important…I'd rather not go into my last name…" he whispered. Brawley rolled his eyes.

"Whatever…so you're here for a gym battle then?" he asked. Sam looked up, grinning.

"Yep. So…let me guess. Two on two, first to knock out both of the opponent's Pokémon wins?" Brawley shrugged.

"I guess, man. I really don't give a crap about the rules, I just do what the league tells me to." Sam nodded.

"Trust me, I know how that feels. Anyway, let's start this up! Go, Mime Jr.!" Sam threw the pokeball, releasing the small pink Pokémon. Brawley grinned.

"Great! Let's go, Machop!" he threw the ball, revealing the familiar Kanto Pokémon. Sam grinned.

"Ah, I was wondering if I'd see one of those…may I start, then?" Brawley nodded. "Great! Go, use Confusion to throw it!" Mime Jr. was covered in a blue aura immediately, causing Machop to lift off the ground. He was quickly tossed to the ground again, hitting the ground with a thud. Brawley growled.

"Not bad, Sam, but eat this! Machop, use Karate Chop!" Machop jumped up and charged forward, brandishing one hand. Sam had to think fast to block the powerful move.

"Er…quick! Tickle!" Mime Jr. jumped forward and quickly began to move his hands wildly. Machop was tickled and began to laugh but still swung his hand down. Mime Jr. was hit, but much to Sam's content, it hadn't taken too much damage. "Remember, Brawley! Tickle cuts down attack. Go for it, use Copycat!" Mime Jr. charged forward, brandishing his own hand.

"Mime!" he smashed his hand into Machop, who hit the ground in a thud.

"…and defense, of course." Sam grinned. Brawley grimaced.

"You little…okay. I'll admit it, you're pretty skilled. You won't beat me, though. I'm unbeatable! Go, use Seismic Toss!" Sam cringed. That move of all moves certainly sounded familiar. Machop got up and grabbed Mime Jr.'s entire body. Throwing the small creature up hard, it flew up. As it fell, Machop clipped it out of the air and slammed Mime Jr. into the ground. Sam's eyes opened wide.

"Mime Jr.!" he yelled. The small Pokémon looked at him with a look of almost content. Slowly, he stood, looking at Sam. Sam could feel a tear forming on his eye. How much the small pink Pokémon had grown up in such a short time…it was incredible.

"Mime…mime!" the creature was quickly enveloped in the blue energy again, lifting Machop into the air again. Sam gasped. The small pink Pokémon…it was really growing up to do something like that without Sam even giving it the command. Brawley was obviously annoyed.

"DEAR GOD! WHY DO YOUR POKEMON JUST DO SOMETHING WITHOUT YOU TELLING THEM TO?!" he roared. Sam snickered.

"Does it matter? It was exactly what I was going to say. Just saved me a breath. Now crush it!" Mime Jr. focused harder, crushing Machop instantly. The blue Pokémon crashed to the ground, cringing in frustration.

"God damn it! Okay then, use Karate Chop again!" Machop charged forward, swinging his hand hard. Mime Jr. was sent flying, crashing hard into the ground, rolling. The pink Pokémon struggled to get up, shaking his head. Sam looked at it, completely worried.

"Mime Jr.? Are you okay?" Mime Jr. struggled to get out a nod. Looking back at Machop, Sam scowled. This was completely against plan. He'd just have to redo it, then.

If Machop is so physically powerful…maybe… Sam thought. He just had to get Brawley mad…he'd seen how Machop left a lot to be desired in terms of solid defense while attacking like that. Maybe he could use that to his advantage.

"Keep it down, Low Kick!" Brawley yelled. He was obviously annoyed with Sam now. Machop ran forward, ready to smash Mime Jr. with a hard kick.

"Come on, dodge it!" Sam yelled. Mime Jr., despite all the injuries it had already taken, took a quick hop to dodge the foot. Brawley growled.

"Keep going, use a combination of Karate Chop and Low Kick until you score a hit!" Sam grinned.

"Keep dodging!" Mime Jr. took a quick hop, landing a couple inches back and narrowly avoiding the kick. He then quickly ducked under a powerful Karate Chop. Repeating this pattern, he slowly ended up backing himself towards a wall. Brawley laughed hysterically.

"Take it down, full power with Karate Chop!" he roared. Sam grinned widely. This was what he'd been waiting for.

"Barrier, now!" Brawley's eyes opened wide as a psychic barrier formed around Mime Jr. As it was forming, though, Machop swung. A huge cloud of dust kicked up. Both trainers gritted their teeth, waiting for the result of the powerful move. As though to answer, Machop came sliding back, clutching its hand. Sam grinned manically. "Now get it, Copycat!" Mime Jr. shot forward out of the dust, slamming his own small hand into Machop's stomach. The blue Pokémon slid backwards. Brawley glared at Sam.

"Why are you so good?!" he demanded. Sam shrugged.

"I gotta be in my position. Mime Jr., use Confu-" Sam was cut off by Brawley barking out another command.

"End it all! Seismic Toss!" Sam's eyes opened wide. He hadn't forgotten what had happened last time Machop had used that move. Once more like that and Mime Jr. was through. Machop charged forward at a heavily breathing Mime Jr. Grabbing the small pink creature, he threw it high into the air. Mime Jr. was launched so high, he actually hit the top of the gym, creating a loud thud. Sam's eyes opened wide in fear.

"Err…quick! Use Copycat and grab it on the way down!" he yelled. Mime Jr. opened his eyes weakly, nodding. He then began to fall, eyes closed. Sam closed his eyes. It hadn't been enough; Mime Jr. had been beat.

"Finish it!" Sam's eyes opened wide as Machop reached out to grab Mime Jr., but then something no one expected happened. Mime Jr.'s small hands shot out, grabbing Machop's arm. In one quick motion, he flung the much larger blue Pokémon with all his force, flipping him over his body. With a loud crash, both Pokémon fell. Sam looked at Mime Jr., concerned for the small Pokémon's health. It had really taken a beating. Suddenly, Machop stood over the unconscious pink Pokémon.

"TEACH IT A LESSON! SEISMIC TOSS, RIGHT AT THE WALL!" Brawley screamed.

"NO!" Sam yelled in sheer terror. Machop picked Mime Jr. up and flung him at the wall. With a loud crash, Sam could hear Mime Jr. scream in pain. Brawley laughed maniacally as Mime Jr. hit the ground, once more unconscious.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!" Sam screamed. Brawley smiled the most crooked smile Sam had ever seen.

"I was teaching it a lesson. It has learned now…" Sam's brow was alive with fury.

"It's a baby Pokémon you jerk! You…you're going down if my name isn't Sam Saruno!" he roared. Brawley's eyes opened wide, then he took a small step back.

"Sam…Saruno?! The Kanto Champion?!" he let out in shock.

"In the flesh. You're going down…for Mime Jr.!" Sam didn't care if his cover was blown one more time. It was worth every second of it as he pulled out Mime Jr.'s pokeball and returned the small pink creature. Looking down at the ball, he whispered, "Good work, buddy. I'll handle it from here in…" He placed the ball on his belt, then grabbed Sableye's ball. He needed a Pokémon as dark as he was feeling.

"Just you wait, Brawley. When I'm done with you, you'll be destroyed!"

OOC: Nice to see two things: Sam lose again (well, for the moment) and a touch of my pure fury :)

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • @Sasuneuchiha (wow it's been a while since I typed that xD) -
    Nice battle, bet Brawly wishes he hadn't 'taught' Mime Jr. that lesson now that he knows who Sam is! Can't wait to see how the second part of the battle goes!

He may have lost, but Mime Jr put up a good batlle, so....

Congratulations Mime Jr grew to Level 8 and learned Meditate

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    "Wow!! So this is Rustboro City, where the first gym is," Miles said, smiling as he entered the city. I wonder what type of pokemon the gym leader will have though, Miles thought as he began to walk towards the Pokemon Center. He smiled and thought, Ah, I'll find out when I battle him, or her, so there's no point in worrying about it! Miles entered the Pokemon Center and waited for Nurse Joy to finish healing his team, which only took about 20 minutes. He thanked Nurse Joy and walked out of the Pokemon Center. "Alright," Miles said pumped up a little, "time to go find that gym and win it's badge!!!" Then a giant shadow loomed over Miles and he looked up and gawked.

A giant man, Miles thought he must have been 6 feet tall, was staring down at Miles. All Miles could say was "Wow... You must have drank all your milk when you were little, huh...?" The giant only said "Skipping class, eh? Well, I'm taking you to Miss Roxanne!!" Miles blinked. "Miss who?"

The giant snorted and said "Don't try and play dumb!!! I know you're one of Roxanne's students, so come on! I'm taking you back to class." The giant began to take Miles to where he guessed the school was. He didn't really try to fight back because he knew some people mistake him for being younger than he really is. After walking a bit, the giant took Miles into a building. This building, little did Miles know, was actually the Rustboro Gym.

Once inside, Miles looked around. He saw a room that was filled with rocks, but he was led into another room, where there were desks with kids reading books or writing notes on piece of paper. Up in front of the room, there was a girl who loked about 16 years old to Miles. She was in the middle of talking when Miles and the giant entered the room. "Yes, Dale, what is it?" The giant, Dale, replied, "Roxanne, I found one of your students skipping your class and runnign around the city." Roxanne looked at Miles up and down, then looked back at Dale and said "I'm sorry Dale, but all fo my students are here. This boy isn't one of my students." Dale gave a suprised look and said "Well, then who-" he was interupted as Miles said "Hey, Roxanne, right? Can you tell me where the gym is? I was going to challenge it but this big guy came and brought me here..."

Miles heard a few kids laugh quietly and Roxanne smiled and said "Well, I suppose it was a good thing that Dale brought you here, even though it was a mistake at first. You see, this school is also the gym. And I'm it's leader." This suprised Miles quite a bit, but he thought it was convenient that he was already at the gym. "So you mean that room with rocks in it is..." Roxanne nodded and said "Yes, that's where teh gym battles take place. I'll be happy to give you your battle right now, if you wish." Miles cheered and said "Yeah!! That would be great!!" Roxanne looked at Dale the giant and said "Can you watch the kids for me while I battle thios boy?" Dale nodded, and Roxanne led Miles to the battling field.
    "Before we start our battle, what is your name, boy?" Roxanne asked standing on an opposite side of where Miles was.

"I'm Miles! Miles Rail." Miles replied. Roxanne nodded and said "This match will be two on two. And, in case you haven't noticed by the battlefield, I use rock type pokemon."

Miles nodded at this. I have a big disadvantage type-wise... I don't have any grass or water pokemon, or any moves that could be helpful in fighting her rock types...but... all I need to do is go with the flow and see how thsi battle goes!! Miles thought smiling.

Roxanne grabbed a pokeball and yelled "Go, Geodude!!" The giant floating rock with eyes and arms appeared and said "Geo."

Miles smiled, grabbed a pokeball and yelled "Alright, come and help me out, Zigzagoon!!" Obviously, this suprised both Roxanne and Geodude, because Miles had been smiling the whole time like the gym would be an easy battle. "You're fighting me with a Zigzagoon...?" Roxanne said in disbeleif, staring at the little brown racoon. "You do know that a normal type has no chance of beating my rock types, right?"

Miles just smiled again and said "Yep, but sometimes, types don't really matter, and skills do!!" Roxanne narrowed her eyes and said "Very well... This should be an interesting battle... Let's begin!!"

"Geodude, use Tackle!!" Roxanne yelled. "Geo!!!" Geodude yelled and went towards Zigzagoon. "Zigzagoon, quick, dodge it now!!" Miles yelled, and Zigzagoon leapt out of the way with great speed, just before getting smashed by Geodude. "Now, use Tail Whip!" Miles yelled, and Zigzagoon dashed towards Geodude and smacked it around with it's tail. "Now, follow up with a Tackle!!" Miles yelled. Zigzagoon tackled the Geodude, but it hardly seemed to do anything to the floating rock. Roxanne shook her head saying "Really, if you just use normal attacks, it will take ages for Geodude to tire... Now Geodude, use Tackle, once again!!" Geodude hurled itself towards Zigzagoon, but Zigzagoon wasn't quick enough and got hit. "Zi-Zig..." Zigzagoon yelped after being hit.

"Come on Zigzagoon, you're doing great!! Now, follow up with another Tail Whip!" Zigzagoon once again dashed with it's speed to smack the Geodude in the face yet again. Roxanne looked at Miles with an eyebrow raised and said "I'd hardly say you're doing well... Your Zigzagoon has barely hit my Geodude, but Geodude has already landed a hit on your Zigzagoon... But anyway... Geodude, use Rock Tomb!!" Geodude yelled "Geo!!!" and several rock on teh field rose, and were hurled towards Zigzagoon. "Quick, run away and dodge all of the rocks!!!" Miles yelled, and Zigzagoon dashed wildly around the small arena, trying to avoid the rocks being hurled towards it.

Roxanne snorted, then said "You can't win this battle with just evading, Miles Rail!!"

Miles ignored Roxanne's comment. What he was doing wasn't just running and evading, hoping that the Geodude would tire out and be easier to take out. No... He had a plan. Roxanne yelled "Geodude, use Tackle once again!!" The giant rock pokemon once again hurled itself towards Zigzagoon who was running to evade the giant rock pokemon. Miles had his eye on Geodude, watchign it make it's way closer and closer towards Zigzagoon. "Alright, Zigzagoon, dodge now!!" Miles yelled.

"Zigg!!!"

Zigzagoon had almost evaded the Geodude, but at the last moment the Geodude had whirled it's hand out and hit Zigzagoon. "Zig...." "Zigzagoon, use Headbutt!!" Miles yelled. Zigzagoon had hit the Geodude. Unlike teh Tackle attacks from before, the Headbutt seemed to do more damage, but not enough to make the Geodude closer to being knocked out.

Roxanne sighed, saying "I hoped that this would be much more challenging, Miles Rail..." Miles looked at Zigazgoon and said "Zigzagoon, you can do it! Just hold on a little bit longer!!" Zigzagoon looked over, and even though it had been battered by the giant rock with arms that somehow managed to float, it yelled a confident "Ziggg!!!!" Miles smiled at the small racoons courage to keep going, but even he knew that if he didn't end the battle quick, then Zigzagoon would go down. He just hoped that Roxanne would do what he hoped for...

"Zigzagoon, use Growl and follow up with another Tail Whip!!" Miles yelled, hoping that Roxanne would do what he wanted after his move. The small brow racoon dashed forward, zigzagging avoiding the rocks scattered across the battlefield. It leapt up to Geodude, let out a loud growl and then gave it a few quick smacks to the face with it's bushy, spiky tail. Then, it dashed a few feet away from the Geodude, it's shoulders tense, ready for whatever order Miles would tell it to do next.

Roxanne frowned, then said "Well, i do beleive it is time to end this fight and get on with the next... Geodude, use Rock Tomb!!!"

Yes, it was just what Miles ahd hoped for!

The rocks littered around the battle field began to rise, but then, Miles yelled "Zigzagoon!!! Jump onto a rock, and keep jumping!!!"
    "Zigzagoon!!" Zigzagoon barked and leapt up to one of the rock that was begining to rise. This gave Roxanne a suprised look. Then she yelled "Quick, hit it with the other rocks!!"

Rocks hurled towards Zigzagoon, but without Miles telling it what to do, Zigzagoon leapt from the floating rock to another, than another, than another, succesfully avoiding each rock and got closer to Geodude. Roxanne gave a startled look. Miles smiled at this.

"How..." Roxanne started, but Miles replied "Well, you see, the reason I had Zigzagoon run and evade all those times wasn't because I didn't have any moves for it to weaken your Geodude, it was because I was checking how fast your Geodude's moves were!!" This caused Roxanne to give another startled look, but quickly, she yelled "Geodude, use Tackle!!"
    "Geooo!!!" Geodude yelled and charged towards Zigzagoon who was still hopping from floating rock to floating rock. Miles smiled as teh Geodude charged towards Zigzagoon, and then, "Zigzagoon, jump!!!"
    "Ziggg!!!" Zigzagoon jumped off of the flaoting rock it had been on and jumped on the Geodudes head and landed safely on another floating rock. The Geodude, however, wasn't so lucky. It crashed into the rock that Zigzagoon had been on, and another rock that Geodude had tried to use to attack Zigzagoon with had smacked it and broke into small pieces.
    "G-Geooodude...?!" Geodude grumbled, shaking it's head, dazed. "Geodude?!" Roxanne yelled, but Miles smiled and yelled "Alright Zigzagoon, use a Tail Whip to launch yourself off the rock you're on and use a Headbutt!!"

"Goooon!!!" Zigzagoon replied and looked like it was about to jump off the boulder, then it laid it's tail behind itself and pushed off. Zigzagoon stuck it's head out straight, aiming for a clear hit behind the Geodude's back as it was still dazed.

"Geodude!!" Roxanne yelled, but it was too late as Zigzagoon crashed head first into the back of the floating rock pokemon. Both Zigzagoon and geodude crashed to the ground. Dust came up and neither Roxanne or Miles could see what happened. But then, the dust cleared, and the gym leader and trainer stared intently to see who was standing...

It was both of the pokemon. Without wasting any time, Miles yelled "Zigzagoon, start zig-zagging and Tackle that Geodude!!!" Zigzagoon looked tired, but did as Miles said and did quick barrages of tackles to the Geodude, giving it no time to react. Roxanne yelled "Geodude, quick, use-" But she was cut off as Miles yelled "Zigzagoon use Headbutt!!!" Zigzagoon leapt at the floating rock pokemon and bashed right into it head-first. Both of the pokemon fell.

"G-Geooodudee..." "Zigzagooon...." But Zigzagoon, shaking, stood up on it's paws, while Geodude laid on the ground, where a rock should stay.

slls81

Years
  • @Neku - Alright nice start. I particularly liked how Miles was mistaken for one of Roxanne's students. Good strategy to overcome Zigzagoon's type disadvantage as well.

Can't wait to see how the rest of the battle goes :)

Congratulations Zigzagoon grew to Level 11

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Roxanne returned her Geodude and Miles said "Great job, Zigzagoon!! Take a nice, long rest." He returned the tried Zigzagoon into his pokeball. Miles smiled, Zigzagoon really did a great job in battling.

"Miles Rail.. That was quite impressive..." Roxanne said quietly, and Miles looked over at her. "Ah, it was nothing. I just used Zigzagoons speed. I probably would've lost if I didn't have any fast pokemon!" Roxanne said "I see... Well... let's begin the next battle. I doubt you'll win this one, however, because this is my stongest pokemon."

She threw a pokeball, and a weird, stone pokemon with a giant nose emerged from the pokeball. "Nooosepass..." the pokemon groaned. Miles blinked in suprise. "That's not a pokemon I know..." Miles muttered. He heard a beeping sound and reached into his pocket.

His pokedex beeped and said "Nosepass, a rock-type pokemon. Its nose is a magnet. As a result, this pokemon always keeps its face pointing north."

"Huh..." Miles said, putting the pokedex back in his pocket. He pulled out a pokeball and said, "Come on, let's win this badge... Go Ponyta!!"

The horse pokemon emerged from her pokeball, her mane and tail on fire.
    Roxanne once again seemed a bit suprised with Miles choice, but she narrowed her eyes and said, "Miles Rail, I will not underestimate you this time..."

Miles just smiled and said "Alright! Now, let's go! Ponyta, use Tail Whip, then Ember!"

"Ponytaa!" Ponyta galloped towards Nosepass and made a sharp turn, making her fiery tail smack the Nosepass right on its nose. Then, Ponyta opened her mouth and released an Ember attack, enveloping the big-nosed pokemon in flames.

However, the Nosepass didn't show any signs of being in pain.

Roxanne smirked at this, saying, "Using a fire-type was a bad move, Miles Rail." Then, she yelled "Nosepass, use Rock Throw!!"

"Nooose..." Several rocks were sent flying towards Ponyta, and Ponyta ran, trying to avoid all of the rocks being hurled at her. Ponyta couldn't avoid all of them, and a few of the rocks crashed into her side.

"Poonyta!!"

Miles grit his teeth, and yelled "Ponyta, use a Growl follow up with a Tackle!!"

Ponyta growled at Nosepass, then tackled straight into it. The Nosepass didn't even move. In fact, it was still planted to the ground where it had been released.

Why isn't it moving...? Miles thought, staring at the Nosepass.

"Nosepass, use Harden and then use Tackle!" Roxanne yelled. Nosepass had some kind of light form around itself, then, somehow, charged towards Ponyta and smacked right into her.

"Ponytaaaa!!" Ponyta cried in pain.

"Ponyta!!" Miles yelled. Roxanne smiled and said, "Nosepass doesn't move very often, but when he does, he's quite fast... And because of his solid stone body, he causes quite a bit of damage."

Miles grit his teeth. This is going to be tougher than Geodude, for sure... But wait... Miles looked at Nosepass. Wait... maybe...

"Ponyta!! Use Tail Whip and Growl!!"

Ponyta galloped towards Nosepass once again and smacked her fiery tial against it's stone body, and growled at it.

"Now, use Ember!!" Miles yelled, and Ponyta did as ordered and shot flames at Nosepass. "Now, get away from it!!" miles yelled, and Ponyta turned and galloped away from the Nosepass.

Roxanne shook her head and said "I told you... That won't work on Nosepass solid rock body! Now, Nosepass, use Rock Tomb!!"

"Nooooseee!!!" Nosepass made the rocks around the arena float, and then sent the rocks flying towards Ponyta.

"Ponyta, evade all the rocks, but make a ring!!" Ponyta exchanged a quick glance with Miles, their eyes meeting, then she whinied and ran.

The rocks hurled at Ponyta, but she dodged them, despite the damge she ahd taken already. Soon, there was a ring of rocks around Ponyta.

Roxanne frowned and looked at Miles. "What was that supposed to do? A ring? Your Ponyta can't do anything with rocks."

Her comment only made Miles smile and say "Well, that is partly true... Ponyta has no rock or ground type moves, so she can't use the rocks for an attack. But, she can use them to aid her in our final attack!!"

This made Roxanne give a puzzled look and say "Wha-" but she couldn't finish as Miles yelled "Alright Ponyta, use Ember on the ground around the ring!!"

"Pooonyta!!" She shot an ember out of her mouth, and small flames gathered around the ring and Ponyta.

Roxanne snorted and said "Sorry, but I think that you're 'final attack' has failed miserably. You've only had flames gather around Ponyta, which will probably only hurt it. While my Nosepass hasn't received any damage..."
    Miles smiled and said "That's where you're wrong, Roxanne! Ponyta, I'm sure you know what to do with the flames!! Now, make the biggest jump you can to take out that Nosepass!!"

"Pooonytaaaa!!!" Ponyta began to gallop through the flames, her hooves popunding on the solid earth ground of the arena. Then, she made a leap out of the ring of rocks that had small flames inside of it. Roxanne's eyes widened, which only made Miles smile even more.

Flames were attatched to Ponyta's feet, in a similar fashion to how her mane and tail were made up of flames. She soared through the air, and was about to make contact with the target of her fiery hooves...
    Nosepasses humongous nose.

Once Roxanne seemed to realize this, she yelled "Nosepass-" but Miles drowned her out by yelling "Break that nose down to a normal size, Ponyta, and then, follow up with a close-up Ember!!!"

"Pooonytaaaaa!!" Ponyta's hooves came crashing down on the Nosepasses big nose, and then unleashed a close-up ember out of her mouth.

"Nooooooseeeeepaaaaaaaasssssss!!!!"

The Nosepass fell to the ground, and Ponyta galloped a few feet away from it, just in case it sprang up and would shoot her with floating rocks. But Nosepass made no movements, it had been knocked out.

Roxanne stared in disbeleif while Miles just cheered. "Yeaaah!! you did it Ponyta!!! Way to go!!" Ponyta whinied in agreement, obviously proud of the win.

Roxanne returned her Nosepass, and said "I don't beleive it... I lost to a trainer who used pokemon that had type disadvantages to mine..."

Miles had returned Ponyta at this point, and said "Hey! Roxanne, I get your badge right?"

Roxanne seemed pretty annoyed, but she nodded and grabbed and badge from her jacket and threw it towards Miles, which he caught.

"You win..." she muttered, obviously not pleased about her loss. Miles smiled and put the badge into one of his pockets.

One gym down, seven to go! Miles thought, and left the gym to go to the Pokemon Center to heal his team.

slls81

Years
  • @Neku - Two posts in one day... I like xD Congratulations on Miles winning his first Gym badge! Hopefully it will be the first of many :)

Congratulations Miles earned a Stone Badge

Congratulations Ponyta grew to Level 11

Next Post:
    Hoenn Ferry Service
    The state of the art ferry is a trainers dream.... with trading and battle facilities, as well as an on board Pokémon Center! If you want to relax there are also deck chairs set out on the deck.

Point's of Interest

For your trip to Slateport, world renowned fisherman Tony is on board! He is offering free fishing lessons to all passengers, and trainers are free to battle and capture any pokémon they can hook!

Pokemon available:
    Commonly seen pokémon in this area
    Tentacool
    Level: 8-12
    Type: Water/Poison
    Ability: Clear Body or Liquid Ooze
    Attacks: Poison Sting, Supersonic, Constrict, Acid (Level 12)
    Nature: Random

Magikarp
    Level: 10-14
    Type: Water
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Attacks: Splash, Tackle

Uncommonly seen pokémon in this area
    Barboach
    Level: 7-11
    Type: Water/Ground
    Ability: Oblivious or Anticipation
    Attacks: Mud Slap, Mud Sport, Water Sport, Water Gun (Level 10)

Carvanha
    Level: 7-10
    Type: Water/Dark
    Ability: Rough Skin
    Attacks: Bite, Leer, Rage, Focus Energy (Level 8)

Rarely seen pokémon in this area
    Wailmer
    Level: 6-9
    Ability: Water Veil or Oblivious
    Attacks: Splash, Growl, Water Gun (Level 7)

Feebas
    Level: 6-9
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Attacks: Splash, Tackle

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Miles was in the Pokemon Center, waiting for Nurse Joy to finish healing his team after his gym battle. "Miles Rail, your pokemon are restored to full health." Miles walked over to her desk and took his pokeballs. "Thanks Nurse Joy," Miles said, putting his pokeballs into his pockets. He walked away from the desk thinking, I wonder what I should do now...

He walked outside of the Pokemon Center and heard saw some kids saying "Aw man, I wish I could get one!!" Miles walked over to the kids and said "Get what?" One of the kids looked over at him, and handed him a sheet of paper saying "A pokemon egg!! Devon Corp. is giving them away after researching them, or something. But you need Roxanne's badge in order to get one..."

Miles looked at the paper, it's writing in bold letters said "ATTENTION!! Devon Corp. giving pokemon eggs to aspiriring trainers! The only condition to obtain one is to have the Stone Badge!"

"A pokemon egg? Well, I've already got the badge... So, I might as well go get a new addition to the team!!" Miles said, smiling. One of the kids said "You're so lucky, you'll be able to get one! Well...if you're getting one, the Devon Corp. building is right over there." The kid pointed towards a tall building that was near the gym. Miles looked at the kids and said thanks, but they kept complaining and grumbling about not being able to get an egg.

Miles entered the building and looked around. It looked pretty much like a regular business building to Miles. A man noticed Miles and said "Hey, kid, are you here for a pokemon egg?" Miles nodded and the man said "You do have the Stone Badge, right?"

Miles dug into one of his pockets and pulled out Roxannes' badge. The man nodded and said "Follow me, please."

Miles followed the man to a long table, where pokemon eggs lay in cases. Miles noticed that three eggs were missing. I guess some other trainers got here before me... Miles thought. There were seven eggs left on the table. "Just pick one of the eggs and it's yours to keep." The man said.

Miles stared at all of the eggs thoughtfully. He wouldn't know what pokemon it would be until it hatched from the egg. "I think I'll take... that one!!" Miles pointed at a container that said "Egg 7".

"You want that one?" Miles nodded. The man said "You can keep the container, or you can put your egg into an empty pokeball." Miles said "I think I'll just put it in a pokeball." The man nodded and opened the container. Miles pulled out a pokeball and getnly tapped the egg with it. The egg was sucked into the pokeball with a red light.

"Your pokeball will begin to shake when it's ready to hatch," the man said. Miles nodded and smiled at the pokeball that contained the egg. I can't wait to see what you'll hatch into... Miles thought, staring at the pokeball and then put it into his pocket where he kept his other pokemon and left the Devon Corp..

He stopped when he reached the Pokemon Center, a though immediatley dawning on him. "Wait...where do I go to now...?" Miles asked to himmself, unsure where the next gym he needed to challenge was.

slls81

Years
  • @Neku - Nice post

"Wait...where do I go to now...?" Miles asked to himmself, unsure where the next gym he needed to challenge was.

Sorry, I'll VM you the links to the posts detailing where you need to go next in a sec.

In regards to the egg: I'll either VM you or post in the OOC thread when the egg is ready to hatch, so keep your eyes open. :)

Congratulations Miles recieved an Egg

Back