• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Kris Kollyns
    Back to the falls...

-----

I walked out of the police station, Wurmy fluttering along beside me. She was excited about evolving twice in one day, as one might expect. She was also still getting the hang of flying, but at least now she could control herself and not run into things. I gave a sigh of relief for the events of the day being over. I walked until I got to Route 115, where I stopped to look around. No pokemon in sight, it was like a ghost route.

As I walked, I thought I heard someone following me. Due to my encounter with Team Magma just a few hours ago, paranoia kicked in. "Who's there?" I turned to where the last noise came from, and I heard a little groan before a little kid popped out.

"Care for a battle?" Was all he said before he let out a male Nidoran.

"Seriously, you stalk me then you ask for a battle?" I replied, but still tossed a pokeball, releasing Psy. "Confusion." Psy lifted up the Nidoran and tossed him. The Nidoran came in with a Peck, but Psy jusy knocked him out with another Confusion. The same happened with the boy's female Nidoran and Ekans.

"Just a hint, it's not good to have a monotype team." I returned Psy and walked away. It seemed like I had just waisted a whole five minutes battling that boy, and got hardly anything from it. I continued walking until I reached the port, where there was a large crowd gathered. I decided to avoid them and head for the entrance to Meteor Falls to hunt for a Lunatone and Solrock. I entered the cave and sighed, wondering why I had bothered to come back here when I was just dragged away from here by police. I walked further into the cave and decided to go into the cavern to my right. Nothing. I let Psy out and asked him to try to sense a Solrock or Lunatone. His eyes glowed for a second before he grabbed my hand and dragged me a few caverns over...

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    I thought I had replied to these a few days ago, but apparently PC thinks otherwise... oh well :/

@Zeph – Nice post, Sam is particularly hard to keep a hold of isn't he...

@Sasuneuchiha – Welcome back! Nice post, I look forward to seeing where you go with this :)

@I Laugh At Your Misfortune – Nice post! Glad to see Warren keeping his temper around Ethan.

@Nazukami – In future the battle posts need to be longer, but since I haven't done any levels yet in this reply... I guess I can give you one :P

Congratulations Ralts (Psy) grew to Level 12 and learned Teleport

OOC: If anyone is waiting for Meteor Falls, let me know in the OOC thread and I'll get it up asap :)

slls81

Years
    Meteor Falls
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    Number of Posts: 1-3[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    Description: A large, majestic and, for the most part, well lit cave, although it does get dimmer as you head deeper into the Falls. The most striking features are undoubtedly the two powerful waterfalls after which the cave is named. These waterfalls feed the large lakes which cover a large part of the cave's floor.

Many legends surround Meteor Falls. It is said that Lunatone and Solrock were drawn to the Falls due to the large amounts of Moon and Sun Stones the Falls were home to, and these pokémon stay to guard these stores. It is also said that powerful Dragon pokémon live in the dark recesses behind the protection of the caves powerful waterfalls, which has caused many trainers and collectors to explore the Falls extensively. However, very few sightings have actually been confirmed of these incredibly rare pokémon.

The final legend of the fall surrounds the Meteor from which it gets its name. Supposedly the meteor still resides in the Falls, and holds great power. Stories vary over the actual power of the meteorite, but it has become a part of the cave's mystique and legend... and has become a prized target for a number of collectors and organisations, despite it having never been sighted.

What can you do in a Route?

Generally the main two things you can do on a route are capturing pokémon and battling trainers. You can do many other things, you know free will and all that...

Wild Pokemon
    Commonly seen pokémon in this area
    Zubat

Level: 12-15
    Type: Poison/Flying
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Attacks: Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish, Bite (Level 13)
    Nature: Random

Uncommonly seen pokémon in this area
    Solrock

Level: 11-13
    Type: Rock/Psychic
    Ability: Levitate
    Attacks: Tackle, Harden, Confusion, Rock Throw, Fire Spin (Level 12)

Lunatone

Level: 11-13
    Type: Rock/Psychic
    Ability: Levitate
    Attacks: Tackle, Harden, Confusion, Rock Throw, Hypnosis (Level 12)

Rarely pokémon in this area
    Bagon

Level: 10-12
    Type: Dragon
    Ability: Rock Head
    Attacks: Rage, Bite, Leer

Note - the title specifying the rarity of a pokémon refers to how hard a pokémon is to catch. i.e. a much better post is required to catch an uncommon pokémon than to catch a common pokémon.
    How I level the pokémon you're catching will depend on how good your post is. When you're trying to catch a pokémon, you cannot decide if you catch it. When trying to catch a pokémon you have to finish your post off when you throw the pokéball and wait for my response telling you if the capture was successful or not. You cannot continue until you know that it was caught. In battles, I will level up your pokémon depending on the quality of your battle post.

Nakuzami

Years
    Kris Kollyns
    Sun and Moon...

-----

"I don't see anything..." The cavern Psy had dragged me to was completely empty; no Solrock or Lunatone. "Are you sure there was something here?" I questioned Psy as I examined the cavern again.

"Ral...Ral Ral Ra RAL! Alts~" He began looking around frantically, probably checking to see if he really was wrong. I was beginning to think this search wouldn't lead me anywhere, and I was ready to turn and leave. That is until Psy cried out, causing me to look up. On a ledge at the top of the cavern was a Solrock, on the opposite side of the cavern was a Lunatone.

"Rock." The Solrock said before causing a mini avalanche of rocks - Rock Throw. The Lunatone did the same, and the exits were sealed. The two pokemon were unusually agitated, probably due to Team Magma's appearance earlier. They began to float around the roof of the cavern, luanching rocks as they went. I kept jumping and dodging, but it wasn't a very good plan. Eventually I would get tired, and get crushed.

"Dot, help out with Bide!" I threw Dot's pokeball high into the air, and he appeared right in the Rock Throws path. He began to glow white as boulders started to tumble on to him. One actually cracked on his head. His attackers seemed to be oblivious to the fact that he was using Bide, which was mistake number one. Dot released an intense beam of white light, aiming at Solrock, who was trying to float away.

By the time Solrock was hit, the beam was already fading and Solrock took hardly any damage. "Nature Power." Dot countered the next onslaught of Rock Throws with one of his own, but before I could warn him Lunatone was behind him, another boulder had cracked on his head and he had fainted. I recalled him and let out Wurmy. She began to cheer and flutter happily - until she saw her opponents.

The two pokemon gave something that could have been a laugh. That was mistake number two. "Absorb." Caught off-gaurd, Solrock was trapped in the Absorb's stream. Lunatone tossed a rock, but Wurmy fluttered to the side and dodged it. A few seconds later, the Solrock dropped. In her excitement, Wurmy didn't see the boulder that would cost her the battle. She collapsed and I recalled her, letting Psy walk up to the challenge.

The Solrock began to shake, before it managed to float into the air. Both the pokemon began to cheer, and give their strange laughs again. That would be mistake number three - they had just lost. "Double Team." Psy made copies of himself, causing his opponents to stop their celebration and get a little confused. They aimlessly threw rocks at every single Ralts clone, until there was nothing left. This confused the two even further, until they noticed Psy was sitting atop the highest point in the cavern.

Using Confusion, Psy took control of the two as if they were marionette puppets. He smashed them into walls and eachother. Due to previous injuries, Solrock went down almost immediately. Once Solrock went down, Lunatone must have found a new resolve because it broke out of Confusion's power and attacked with a Confusion of it's own. It threw Psy across the cavern, slamming him face-first into the cavern wall.

"Double Team then Confusion!" Psy got to his feet and once again created multiple clones of himself, then Psy and the Lunatone began a mental tug-of-war with Confusion. Both pokemon looked weak, and I could only hope Psy would last. Suddenly, there was some sort of invisible explosion, probably from all of the kinetic energy, and everyone was thrown back. Lunatone took this chance to start using Rock Throw, crushing Psy. I recalled him and had Larvitar use a single Bite attack, knocking Lunatone out. I tossed two pokeballs, before I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head and everything went black. I figured a stray Rock Throw had hit me, and the last I remember seeing was both Lunatone and Solrock being enveloped in the pokeball's scarlet light...

slls81

Years
    @Nakuzami - Nice post. I didn't realise you wanted to go after both Lunatone and Solrock! I don't know why, but I assumed you only wanted one of them :P. Anyway, I'm interested to see what direction you are heading in with the ending to the post :)

Congratulations Kris caught a Level 12 Solrock

Congratulations Kris caught a Level 11 Lunatone

(As Kris already has six pokemon on hand, Lunatone will be transported back to Professor Maples lab)

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Vs. Bagon

Kliff had a slight spring in his step for the first time in a while as he walked along Route 115, back to Meteor Falls. There was a common rumour that dragon pokemon lived in the caves, and with Magma now out of the way, he could go in and take a good look for himself.

He noticed how crowded the Route was, however. He remembered that it was because of the dock (he was going to board the next ferry after his little exploration). But he didn't think it would be this lively. He could see small battles dotted around the place, a good way for people to stay occupied while they waited for the boat.

Kliff's train of thought abruptly stopped as he felt something on his belt shuffle, before a bright white light erupted in his face. Blinking madly to return his sight to normal, he just saw Tok bobbing into a small crowd of people. Kliff cursed,

"Seriously, how does she even do that!"

After excusing and nudging his way through a few people, he saw the Togepi at the feet of someone, who picked her up.

Kliff barged through this time, coming face to face with his old aqquaintance,

"I should just expect everyone I meet to be you shouldn't I?"

"Kliff?" Lauren said, looking down at Tok again, "Aww do you remember me? Aww..."

"Please," Kliff muttered as Lauren treated Tok like a puppy. Not that the little egg minded, that is - she was the definition of cute and playful, "Anyway, sorry about her just barging in. We're going to Meteor Falls for a little while-"

"What?" Lauren said, surprised, "Didn't you hear? Team Magma were just there!"

"You can tell me twice..." Kliff moaned,

"Besides, you can't go in there with this cute little thing!" she said, holding Tok up again,

"She exploded in there last time!"

Lauren gave Kliff a strange look, "What -"

"It dosen't matter. Look, if you want to hold on to her for now, then be my guest. Besides, I need pokemon with some fighting spirit in the next few hours."

"No problem!" Lauren said hugging into Tok, "I'll just get to know you shall I?"

"Tokii!"

"Yea, have fun with that. See you in a bit."

"Don't be too long! It's getting dark!" Lauren called after him.

Kliff stood outside Meteor Falls, right where he had been taking into a police car earlier that day. This time, he did what he wanted.

He entered the main cavern of the falls. It was visually something else. The falls reflected the light which escaped from outside (although it was approaching dusk, so it wouldn't be light for long). The rocks themselves were a fabulous mix of silvery-grays and light browns.

Though there was no meteorite to be seen.

Kliff approached the middle of the cavern, when he heard a noise from below. A faint one, but certainly there.

He peered down into the drop. It was dark down there, but it looked like there was some light at the bottom.

Kliff released Gella from her pokeball, "Gella, I'll need you to lower me down there with Vine Whip."

Kliff hung onto the vines for reassurance, even though Gella was letting him down easily. Sure enough, the further down he went, the bigger the light area grew. Eventually, his feet touched the bottom, and he tapped one of Gella's vines with her pokeball, sucking her back in. Zubats squeaked and hissed as Kliff walked onwards, each one retreating to further dark corners. He guessed that Magma weren't down here earlier, although he could have been perfectly wrong.

The trainer came across a tunnel a few minutes later, leading further down into the cave. Tapping his pokeball occupied belt, he continued. The tunnel grew steeper, until Kliff was easing himself down while keeping his hands pressed up against the sides. Finally making it out, he splashed into a puddle. He was definately deep underground now, as the light grew dimmer.

"There had better be dragon pokemon down here..." he said as he slowly walked along the cave room he was in, until something echoed,

"Bay."

Kliff froze in fright. No mistaking it, there was definately a noise now. He scanned the cavern, spotting nothing in the tan glow the rocks gave off.

Then he heard the scurrying of feet, and just barely caught a shadow moving along to the edge of the floor.

He had heard about Meteor falls from Lavaridge, Rustboro, and even the police. Apparently Solrock and Lunatone were found in these caves - but neither of them had legs to run. There were Zubat, maybe the odd Golbat aswell, but they had no feet.

So what was that thing?

With a little hesitance, Kliff followed where he was sure he saw the shape go. There was a slight drop on the other end, but it left Kliff's jaw hanging.

It was a crater. Roughly 50 feet in diameter. About one third of it was filled with water - a small pool. And dotted along the surface of it was what looked like burrows. The perfect little spot for something or other.

Kliff wondered what the pokemon was again. Zubats don't use burrows, they didn't rest on the ground at all. And it certainly wasn't big enough for a Lunatone or Solrock.

His question was answered, though, as a blue body walked out from one of the burrows directly beneath him and went for a drink.

Bagon: the Rock Head pokemon. Bagon has a dream of one day soaring in the sky. In doomed efforts to fly, this Pokémon hurls itself off cliffs. As a result of its dives, its head has grown tough and as hard as tempered steel.

"I knew it!" Kliff said in delight, "A Dragon type!"

Bagon tunred its helmet-like head at the outburst and discovered Kliff. It growled fiercly, and ran up to the trainer, letting of a red glow.

Kliff suddenly hit reverse, just managing to sidestep the oncoming Bagon, who smashed the ground with its arm, still giving the evil eye.

"Gella, Vine Whip!" Kliff threw the ball down and Gella emerged for the second time. Just before Bagon reached her, she lashed out a vine and cracked Bagon one across the face. The dragon type rolled over bacwards, before roaring and running in again, still glowing red.

"Poison Powder!" Kliff ordered, "We're making this thing as weak as possible!"

Gella sprayed the purple spores at the oncoming Bagon, who, blinded by Rage, ran right into them. It coughed harshly before landing a blow on Gella with its arm, sending the grass type sliding back.

"If I put it to sleep then poison will wear off," Kliff said, "So this will do! Absorb!"

Gella fired a small beam at Bagon, who was distracted by its poison and trapped in the attack.

"Bind just to be sure!" The Tangela reached out with three vines and wrapped them hard, smothering Bagon. The little dragon cried out at its body was squeezed, baring its fangs and biting down on one of the vines. Gella squealed, recoiling one vine from the Bite attack, giving Bagon just enough room to break out of Bind. As soon as it hit the ground, it took off and rammed its hard skull into Gella, who flew back and careered into a rock.

"Vine Whip again Gella!" From the heap of blue vines, one shot out like a whip to strike Bagon, who dodged, and subsequently used Bite to grab it. With a heave, the small dragon managed to pull Gella towards it, and when she was right in front of it, Bagon used its glowing red skull and smashed down on the grass type, driving her into the dirt.

"Woa..." Kliff said in awe. It was so small yet powerful, "You okay Gella?"

"Ta-aang..." the vine pokemon moaned.

"Great - use Absorb now!" Gella lashed a vine around Bagon's neck and hoisted it into the air, coating both pokemon in green energy. Bagon groaned and gasped as it tugged on the vine, while Gella stood up and regained some strength,

"Use Growth too!"

Gella's body suddenly increased in size ever so slightly, and the Absorb attack grew stronger. Bagon's groaning became louder and increasing, while Gella was getting pumped with health.

Desperately, Bagon let out a final roar as it tugged on the vine holding him up. So much so that the whole thing ripped in two, causing the little dragon to fall to the ground,

"Dammit, how many vines will she have to regrow?" cursed Kliff, "Keep up the-"

Before he could finish, Bagon swung its whole arm and smashed Gella, sending her flying backwards once more. The mass of vines came to rest right next to the pool of water as Bagon swayed onto one knee - it was still taking poison damage.

"We'll need some help here," Kliff growled as he released Baker. The Numel looked at Kliff, then Gella, then Bagon,

"We're trying to catch that one Baker!" Kliff said. Baker nodded, and closed his eyes. A faint, red aura surrounded the camel for a moment, before dispearsing in a flash. The Numel opened his eyes, now deep in focus,

"Focus Energy?" Kliff said. Baker must have learned that one recently. Still it didn't help the fact that Bagon was still after Gella.

"Gella, get out of the way!" Kliff called out as Bagon jumped up, ready to smash down on Gella with a fierce attack.

"Don't just stand there Baker! Flamethrower!"

Baker followed Bagon's movement through the air, breathing in and boiling up the magma in its back. Everything slowed down around Baker as he kept his gaze on the Bagon.

Just mere feet from Gella, Bagon thought for sure that she was done for. Suddenly, a precise jet of fire flew from nowhere and struck the small dragon square in the chest. The force was powerful enough to propell Bagon backwards, slamming into a cavern wall as the flames engulfed it.

"Vine Whip it over here Gella!" Kliff ordered. The Tangela, standing a little in the water in order to sap some health, lashed out and grabbed Bagon, hurling it back to Kliff and baker. The blue dragon type smacked off of the floor and tumbled to a halt, before trying to pick itself up,

"Don't let it up Baker! Tackle it!" Baker charged, ramming head first into the Bagon's stomach, causing the dragon type to fall backwards and grind to a stop.

Kliff immidiately hurled a pokeball at it, landing his mark. The pokeball opened and swallowed Bagon in its red energy.

"This had better be the only dragon I need to fight..." Kliff said as he sighed, savouring the short pause.

Last edited:

slls81

Years
    @Zeph - That was a great post! Exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for to get a rare pokemon like Bagon :) Having said that...

Congratulations Kliff caught a Level 12 Bagon

And for anyone who needs the next route...
    Route 114

Number of Posts: 2-4

Description: The Northernmost route in Hoenn. This route runs North from the Rock Tunnel, and is split into two distinct parts. Initially the route runs down a rocky hillside, running from the entrance/exit of Meteor Falls. Once you reach the end of this rocky hillside, the route becomes lush grassland inhabited by a variety of pokémon. Finally, in order to reach Fallarbor Town, trainers will need to cross a river at the end of the Route.

What can you do in a Route?

Generally the main two things you can do on a route are capturing pokémon and battling trainers. You can do many other things, you know free will and all that... Anyways, you cannot meet any of the other RPers, and everyone have fun.

Lanette's House
    Route 114 is also home to Lanette, famous for developing the PC system used by the majority of native Hoenn trainers to store excess pokémon. While you may not use her system, a visit could well prove beneficial. Due to an error in her system, Lanette recently came into possession of a number of pokémon eggs. While she has successfully fixed the problem with the storage system, she has no interest in raising the newly acquired eggs herself. As such, she is currently on the lookout for deserving trainers to take them off of her hands.

Wild Pokemon
    Commonly seen pokémon in this area
    Lotad

Level: 13-15
    Type: Water/Grass
    Ability: Swift Swim or Rain Dash
    Attacks: Astonish, Growl, Absorb, Nature Power, Mist, Natural Gift (Level 15)

Seedot

Level: 13-15
    Type: Grass
    Ability: Chlorophyll or Early Bird
    Attacks: Bide, Harden, Growth, Nature Power

Uncommonly seen pokémon in this area
    Swablu

Level: 10-13
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Natural Ciure
    Attacks: Peck, Growl, Astonish, Sing, Fury Attack (Level 13)

Zangoose

Type: Normal
    Ability: Immunity
    Attacks: Scratch, Leer, Quick Attack, Swords Dance,

Seviper

Type: Poison
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Attacks: Wrap, Lick, Bite

Note - the title specifying the rarity of a pokémon refers to how hard a pokémon is to catch. i.e. a much better post is required to catch an uncommon pokémon than to catch a common pokémon.
    How I level the pokémon you're catching will depend on how good your post is. When you're trying to catch a pokémon, you cannot decide if you catch it. When trying to catch a pokémon you have to finish your post off when you throw the pokéball and wait for my response telling you if the capture was successful or not. You cannot continue until you know that it was caught. In battles, I will level up your pokémon depending on the quality of your battle post.

Nakuzami

Years
    Kris Kollyns
    What memories?

-----

The first thing I felt when I started to drift back to reality was pain. A lot of it. I opened my eyes to see all of my pokemon around me, which included my two new pokemon, Sol and Luna. I sat up slowly, trying to remember what had just happened. I had battled with Sol and Luna and...then I was hit in the head with a Rock Throw! That was it! Suddenly I realized what had just entered my mind, and I quickly reached back to feel my head.

I could feel some dried blood, so that meant I had been out for some time. It didn't feel like I was going to bleed anymore, but I was developing a very bad headache. I gave a long groan, and tried to stand. I managed to get to my feet, but I was very shaky. Sol and Luna floated up to me to give me support, which helped. I looked around, where was I? Oh, right, Meteor Falls. I looked at the pokemon supporting me. Who were they? Uh...I think they were Sol and Luna. I then remembered everything that had happened right before I blacked out. Then I realized I had already remembered this. Wait, when did I black out?

"Crap." I said, trying to hold on to my memories. I think I was starting to develop short-term memory loss. I tried to remember what had happened before I caught Sol and Luna. I was on a route, walking here. Before that...a police station? I could only remember something about Team Magma, which explained the police station. I could remember everything up until what must have been a few days ago...I had battled Flannery, and won. After that...all I could remember was leaving the police station.

"Okay, I can sort things out later. For now, let's get out of here." I began to walk slowly, as I kept my arms on the floating rocks beside me. I recalled all of my pokemon besides them and headed to...Fallarbor Town. As we walked, I pulled out my beanie which had been in my pocket, and placed it on my head. I hoped that it would conceal the dried blood, but I couldn't tell if it really did.

After a little while of slow walking, we had exited Meteor Falls and were on Route 114. There was a slight breeze, which felt nice compared to my nauseated self. I took a look around and could see plenty of pokemon running around, and in the distance, a house. I knew whose house that was...wait, whose house was it? Uh...Linux? No, that was something for a computer. Linette...Lanette! That was it. She was the developer of Hoenn's PC system. I decided that I would go there...after I took a shower and washed this blood off...no, that would take me all the way to Fallarbor and back. Perhaps she wouldn't notice the sick look on my face. Yeah, right.

I started to walk, steadying myself with the help of Sol and Luna. As we walked, pokemon ran in front of us, around us, just about anywhere. I just hoped I wasn't dreaming any of them up. In a pond of water, there was plenty of Lotad swimming around. Above was a flock of Swablu. On the ground in front of me was Seedot. Then, in the distance, I heard the cry of a Zangoose.

I sighed, "It's my curse that Hoenn pokemon happen to be my favorite pokemon." I walked over to where the Zangoose cry had come from. What I saw was a Zangoose and a Seviper fighting each other. I had Luna use Confusion to throw the Seviper a ways away so that I could capture the Zangoose.

"Sol, start off with Rock Throw!" I commanded, trying to sound stronger than I felt. Sol caused some boulders above Zangoose to fall, only one actually made contact. The Zangoose easily shook it off, before glaring at Sol with a death stare that made Sol back up a foot or two. It quickly used Swords Dance, before coming in like a blur and using Scratch on Sol. Sol staggered backwards, before launching a Fire Spin. Sol generated a swirl of fire that engulfed the Zangoose, causing him to cry out in pain.

The Zangoose literally cut the Fire Spin down the middle, before he launched himself at Sol with a Quick Attack. Sol tried to dodge, but the Zangoose managed a direct hit that catapulted Sol into a nearby pond. I recalled him and let Eruption out to battle.

"Ember." Eruption released a flurry of embers that soared towards Zangoose, but Zangoose launched himself into the air, causing the Ember attack to completely miss. Zangoose then proceeded to come down with a Scratch attack. His claws were poised to kill and he was coming straight down on Eruption, fast. "Ember, to the face!" Eruption let out another flurry of embers, which burned Zangoose's face. The Zangoose began clawing at his face, falling to the ground. Eruption did a sidestep out of Zangoose's path, before using Magnitude. The ground began to quake, and the Zangoose was too caught up in his face to notice, that is until the ground shook violently and he collapsed.

"Well, three pokemon in a few hours. New record." I tossed a pokeball and the Zangoose was enveloped in the pokeball's scarlet light.

OOC: Yeah, Kris's curse is my curse. We both love Hoenn pokemon, especially the three i've gone after in the last two posts :P

slls81

Years
    @Nakuzami -
    OOC: Yeah, Kris's curse is my curse. We both love Hoenn pokemon, especially the three i've gone after in the last two posts :P

Haha, glad Kris was able to run into some of his favourite pokemon :). Now that we're getting further into the region, the wild pokemon should be more interesting from here on in (in theory that is :P). Anyway... nice post, glad to see some life being breathed back into this RP after the recent quiet period :)

Congratulations Kris caught a Level 11 Zangoose

As Kris has six pokemon on hand, Zangoose was transported to Maple's Lab.

OOC: Can all RPers see my latest post in the OOC thread :)

Last edited:

Zeph.

Years
    Kliff sighed loudly as the pokeball stopped rolling. He had caught a dragon pokemon!

"Well done guys," he said as Baker and Gella walked over to the ball aswell, "This is Scale, our latest team member. And he brings us up to six!"

Kliff released Scale from his pokeball and sprayed it with a Potion he had in his bag. The small dragon looked much more relieved now, and stodd in front of Kliff, head lowered slightly.

Kliff was relieved - it must have been natural for Bagons to accept defeat in battle, despite their temperment during.

"Okay Scale," he said to his newest pokemon, "We need to get out of these falls, and you know this place better than anyone surely."

Scale looked up and around the cavern,

"Can you show us how to get out?"

The small dragon nodded, before walking to a dark corner of the cave. Kliff retrieved Baker, keeping Gella out incase he needed help climbing. Following Scale brought them to an opening about half the height of Kliff. He ducked under, and looked up. It was a long, tall shaft - probably built by miners years ago, but abandoned for decades by the looks of it. Scale made his way up the shaft, using various ledges and holes that were dotted along the surface of the vertical tunnel.

"Vine Whip up as high as you can Gella," Kliff said, "I'll grab onto you."

The Tangela managed to grasp something firm near the top, and slowly began reeling herslef in while Kliff grabbed on to her for dear life. Scale continued to hop and jump upwards at the same pace, and Kliff began to feel a small breeze. They were close now.

At the top of the shaft, Scale continued to walk along a relitavely straight passage. Kliff was right behind him, with Gella waddling behind them too. Kliff suddenly breathed in fresh, outdoor air - but couldn't see any light. Finally, Scale had made it outside, where Kliff discovered that it was indeed dark now. The three stood at the edge of the mountainside, looking down on the route below. But there was a problem.

"... There's no ferry," Kliff said, "Dammit, we've came out on the wrong side!"

"Bay." Scale said, still focused. Kliff followed his gaze, and found him to be looking at the sky. He remembered what the pokedex said, about every Bagon's long lived dream to fly. It was kind of sentimental. And it would have stayed that way if Scale hadn't threw himself off the mountain.

"Crap!" Kliff gasped, "You idiot!" He immidiately recalled Scale to his pokeball before he landed, "C'mon Gella, let's get down from here."

At the bottom, Kliff brought out his Pokenav. He had a phone call to make.

"Hello, Kliff?"

"Lauren, where are you?"

In an unimpressed tone, the voice spoke, "Still at the dock. Kliff, it's been a whole hour! The ferry's gone!"

Kliff brought his hand to his face, "Damn. Anyway, look, there's been a problem. I've left the cave, but I'm on Route 114, I think."

"Great," Lauren said sarcastically, "did you forget about your poor Togepi? Hm? The poor thing is worried about you!"

Kliff didn't want to admit it, but Tok had slipped his mind, "No, I didn't. Okay, I think you should come meet me here, we'll go to Fallarbor Town, rest up and whatnot."

Lauren sighed, "Fine. I'll be there in 20 minutes if I take the short way through. Sorry if I snapped, I was just worried is all."

With that, the line ceased. Kliff made himself comfortable on the ground, sitting and waiting, all while holding Scale's pokeball.

The setback was definately worth his capture.

And in a few minutes, he saw an opportunity to test him out. A few meters away was a weed infested pond - long, damp shoots of grass wallowing in it, aswell as the odd lillipad. One of these pads, however, was moving unnaturally. It popped its head out of the water, chewing on some small weeds.

Lotad: the Water Weed pokemon. Lotad is said to have dwelled on land before. However, this Pokémon is thought to have returned to water because the leaf on its head grew large and heavy. It now lives by floating atop the water.

"A water and grass type?" Kliff said, "That sounds like it can be useful. What the hell, Scale, let's catch this!"

Kliff threw the pokeball in front of the pond, where the Bagon burst out from it, barking at Lotad. The lillipad pokemon noticed, and fired an Absorb attack,

"Let that hit you first, then run in with Rage!" Kliff ordered. Scale seemed to understand that Rage gained more power when he was hit, and so met Absorb head first. After a few seconds, the small dragon ran through it and charged into Lotad with a full body tackle. There was a large splash as Lotad creid out.

Suddenly, a thick fog began to appear from Lotad's position. Kliff realised this to be Mist,

"Keep and eye out for it Scale!" He shouted. The Bagon stood motionless, watching for Lotad.

"Llloooooaa!"

Kliff watched in awe as Lotad parted the mist with a fast flurry of large bubbles. It used Nature Power, but since it was in the water, it must have turned into BubbleBeam. Scale was caught by surprise, and each bubble struck him, bursting against his tough hyde and blowing him out of the water.

"Use Rage again!" Kliff shouted, "And get it out of the water!" Scale responded by leaping into the pond again, this time swinging his whole arm for a hard punch, and hit Lotad - hard enough to throw it out of the water. The lillipad pokemon Growled loudly, trying to intimidate Scale.

"Don't be fased by that! Use Bite!"

The small dragon barked again, leaping out of the water and running in for Lotad, jaws agape. Lotad used Nature Power again, quickly letting of a white glow that dispearced in circular ripples. There was a discomforting rumble, and Kliff suddenly remembered that they were right next to Meteor Falls. The Rock Slide tumbled down the side of the mountain, at this rate it would certainly crush Scale.

The Bagon reached Lotad, biting down on it's lillipad hat hard, causing the water type to wail out in pain.

"Get out of there Scale!" Kliff yelled. The small dragon saw the oncoming rocks, and had a better idea. With a toothy smirk, it threw Lotad back to the rocky wall, before the lillipad pokemon was pummeled by its own attack.

"Bay-gon!"

"Wow, that was efficient." Kliff said as he pulled out another empty pokeball, throwing it at Lotad, who was sucked inside.

"Kliff! I heard a rumbling noise, are you okay?" Lauren's voice suddenly said from behind the trainer,

"I'm fine!" Kliff said in excitement, "I was just passing the time, shh! Look..." he pointed at the rolling pokeball.

[OOC: This isn't the end of Kliff's catching spree -_- :P]

Last edited:

slls81

Years
    @Zeph - Great post! I particularly liked the little sequence focusing around Bagon's desire to fly, I'm guessing this may develop into a running theme? :P Also, nice save on the whole ferry front and a nice way to bring Lauren/Togepi back into the picture.

Congratulations Kliff caught a Level 14 Lotad

OOC: As Kliff already has six pokemon on hand, Lotad was transferred back to Maple's ranch

Zeph.

Years
    Kliff walked over to the now still pokeball,

"Great job Scale, you made quick work of that."

Before the trainer could pick the ball up, however, it glowed white before simply de-materialising in front of him.

"... what the FU-!"

Just as Lauren covered Tok's ear holes, Kliff's Pokenav began to ring. It was Maple calling,

"Hello?"

"Hello Kliff, just to confirm that I've recieved a pokemon from you. A male Lotad, correct?"

"Oh hi Professor. Yea, that's right. Uh, how's Rokko doing?"

"He's just great too. I've been able to learn so much about the nature of Zigzagoon thanks to him, plus he just loves it here!"

"That's good to hear," Kliff said with a slight smile, "I'm going to make a swap as soon as I find a computer, just so you know."

"No problem, I'll be waiting!"

Kliff hung up and faced Lauren,

"Who are you switching out?" she asked. Kliff paused, before retrieving Tok into her pokeball,

"Her."

"Who, your Togepi?"

"Yea. C'mon, let's get going."

"But she's so sweet!"

"Yea, but I'm not the mushy sort,"

"No you are not..." Lauren mumbled,

"Besides, she still has no direct attacks, and just dosen't hit as hard as the others."

"I suppose," Lauren replied, "So how long to Fallarbor Town?"

"Not long. Between fifteen and twenty minutes if we keep going."

"Do you know which way you're going?"

"Not really. Hopefully we'll see the town's lights."

Lauren pointed to a house, "Why don't we ask in there?"

Kliff looked at the building, backed against a hill and surrounded by a small, stone wall. It would be nice to get in for a breather for a few minutes anyway - seeing as he just came out of Meteor Falls, "If you want."

The two trainers approached the door and Kliff knocked. Some shuffling could be heard from inside, before a lady opened up,

"Oh, hello."

"Hi," Kliff began, "We're passing through and..."

"Oh, where are my manners. Come in, it's dark after all!" The lady, said, gesturing to the inside of her home. Lauren was the first to hesitantly walk in, and Kliff followed behind her,

"I'm Lanette," she said, "please forgive the mess, I lead a very busy, technical life."

"Kliff," Kliff said to Lanette with a nod, while Lauren introduced herself too, "So uh, how do we get to Fallarbor Town from here?"

"Oh, you just follow the footpath. Well, I say it's a footpath, but it's just flat, trampled grass caused by the travellers. That'll take you to the bridge, then it's just across!"

"Thank you!" Lauren said, "We're looking for a transfer machine too, bu-"

"No need to say another word dear!" Lanette said with a sudden energy, "I'll have you know that I developed Hoenn's own Pokemon Storage System!"

"Really?" Kliff said, "Great, can we borrow it!"

"Well," she said, enthusiasm drained from her suddenly, "Unfortunately I have a bit of a technical hick just now, you'll need to access the system in Fallarbor."

'You'll need to wait a little longer Colo,' thought Kliff, before he spoke, "It's no problem, thanks for the directions."

"You're welcome. Oh! One more thing..." Lanette briefly dissapeared into a room, before reappearing with two objects,

"I've been left with some pokemon eggs, but I'm too busy to hatch them. Would you mind taking them off my hands?"

"We'd be glad to!" Lauren said, immidiately taking an egg from Lanette, stroking it in curiosity. Kliff refrained from sighing - this meant he had to raise another baby, as if Tok's upbringing wasn't already eventful. The teenager took the other egg, tapping a pokeball off it, sending it inside. This ball glowed and dissapeared too, back to Maple's lab.

"I see why you need to use a PC," Lanette said, before smiling, "thanks for this. Who knows, they might hatch into lovely pokemon!"

After bidding their farewells, Kliff and Lauren left the rural house of Lanette's and made their way along Route 114.

"I wonder what they'll hatch into!" Lauren said, "I'm glad I got to actually keep mine with me."

"Hopefully something that can take care of itself."

"You have no heart. They're just babies."

"I hate kids though!"

"Whatever Kliff." Lauren said with a laugh,

Which was cut off by a horrible hissing sound. Not too far in fron of the two, a large snake was sitting there, baring its red fangs with its eyes fixed hard on something in front of it.

Seviper: the Fang Snake pokemon. Seviper's swordlike tail serves two purposes - it slashes foes and douses them with secreted poison. This Pokémon will not give up its long-running blood feud with Zangoose.

Kliff then saw what it was staring at - and it was staring right back. A large, white ferret looking creature, down on all fours, fur standing up on end and also baring its teeth.

Zangoose: the Cat Ferret pokemon. Memories of battling its arch-rival Seviper are etched into every cell of Zangoose's body. This Pokémon adroitly dodges attacks with incredible agility.

Both pokemon's eyes burned with nothing but utter threat. Neither one blinked, knowing doing so would show a weakness. They continued to emit a loud hiss each,

"Kliff," Lauren said, grabbing his arm, "We should go around, come on..."

"Are you kidding?" the teen said with a grin, "I want them!"

"Don't be stupid!" Lauren said in disbelief, "Zangoose and Seviper are natural sworn enemies! Don't you dare get involved or you'll be hurt!"

"I'll be fine," Kliff said as reassuringly as he could, "I can't skip out on a chance like this!"

[OOC: Colo's gonna be Lotad's nickname btw :3]

slls81

Years
    @Zeph - Nice post, but just one thing.You did realise the eggs were optional extras didn't you? You weren't under any obligation to get one if you didn't want to... :/ But yeah, other than that nice post. Can't wait to see how Kliff tries to deal with a feuding Zangoose and Seviper. Speaking of which, Kliff's going a bit catch happy on this route isn't he? :P

Kliff nicknamed Lotad Colo

Congratulations Kliff received an Egg!

OOC: Please see the OOC thread for details about the egg :)

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Warren suspiciously eyed up the group of people in front of him. There were about ten or so altogether, of all ages, races and genders. The only thing that they had in common was that none of them appeared to have washed recently - either their clothes or themselves. Wrinkling his nose at the smell, Warren glanced down at the kid who had called out to him - eleven or twelve years old at the most.

"Who are you guys anyway?" One of them, an elderly man with long, grey dreadlocks, stepped forwards, a friendly smile on his face.

"Allow me to introduce us. I am Amos, and this is my grandson Joshua. We are called Terra Firma, and we are a small but peaceful group of travellers. We believe in a simple code - respecting each other, respecting our Pokémon, and respecting nature herself. We travel throughout the regions, challenging trainers so that we might demonstrate the way that this respect strengthens both us and our Pokémon. And I don't wish to sound arrogant, but we normally teach them a thing or two." Warren frowned.

"And you want to challenge me?" Amos chuckled.

"My old bones are a little weary at present, but I think Joshua would definitely like to challenge you." Warren looked down at the kid, who was grinning eagerly. He didn't have much time to waste, but if these hippies were as good as the old man said, it might be worth checking them out.

"Sure, why not. But let's make it quick. Just a one on one." Joshua grinned, and threw a Pokéball as the rest of the group moved off the path, seating themselves on the ground by the roadside. It burst open with a flash of white light and a long, yellow serpent, with a drill for a tail and small feathery wings materialised on the path. Warren grinned. A Dunsparce wouldn't be too much of a challenge, especially against a Rock-type.

"Useless, you're up!" Ignoring the stifled giggles at his choice of nickname, Warren released the short bonsai. It eyed up the competition and growled in anticipation. The Dunsparce tilted its head, looking back at its trainer, who gave an almost imperceptible nod. Instantly, the yellow serpent leapt forwards, charging at Useless head first. Leaping to the side, the Bonsly narrowly avoided the attack, but its aggressor spun around for another attempt.

"Copycat!" This time, Useless lowered its head and met the charge head on. Surprisingly, it sent the Dunsparce flying, rolling several feet along the ground with a bruise on its head. Warren cackled.

"Useless may be small, but he's heavier than he looks and his head is rock hard!" Joshua smiled humbly.

"Well played. You took advantage of our preconceptions about your Bonsly's physical appearance and surprised us with an unexpected style of attack." Warren blinked at the language this twelve year old was spouting off. He wasn't entirely sure he could even spell most of what Joshua had just said. There was no time to be confused though - his opponent was speaking once more.

"Well then, Noko, it's time for your secret move!" Warren narrowed his eyes, but as far as he could tell, the Dunsparce - Noko, apparently - seemed to be doing nothing more than spasming on the floor. For a second, it reared up and Warren wondered if it would pounce, but instead it threw itself flat on the ground. Warren raised an eyebrow and opened his mouth to make a sarcastic remark. Then, without warning, the heavens opened. The deluge was so sudden and so vicious, it was more like being thrown under a waterfall than being caught in the rain. Hair plastered to his skull, Warren shielded his gaze with a hand, but all he could see was vague, dark shapes and all he could hear was the roar of the rain. Then, without warning, one of the dark shapes flew straight at it and Warren ducked as it passed overhead, screaming. Recognising it as Useless, he turned around as the bonsai tree picked itself up and limped back over to him, growling angrily. Warren looked over the battlefield, squinting a vague shape, most likely Noko. Pointing it out to Useless, he stepped back and held his breath, watching the Rock-type wander forwards. More than impairing its senses, the rain was actually weakening the Bonsly. Then, without warning, the dark shape in the rain disappeared. Trainer and Pokémon both froze. Useless took one more cautious step and then squealed in shock as it was catapulted into the air by some unseen force. The cause quickly became apparent to Warren, as a long, serpentine body emerged from a hole in the ground exactly where Useless had been standing. Warren winced as Noko reared upwards, certain it was to deliver the final blow. But instead, it let out a long, low call towards the sky. Warren frowned, looking upwards as the rain quickly faded and the clouds blew away. Within just a few seconds he was sweating as the setting sun suddenly intensified. Casting an eye over the battlefield, Warren realised what had happened. After being struck by Dig, Useless had landed head first in the ground, turned to sticky mud by the torrential rain. In the sudden heatwave, the ground was drying and hardening, and now Useless was wriggling uselessly, completely trapped. Joshua smiled.

"I think we can leave it there. There's no need to injure your Pokémon just for the sake of administering a winning blow." Warren grimaced as he returned Useless, fully aware that he had just been granted mercy by a twelve year old.

"Good match, or whatever, I guess." Joshua smiled.

"Thank you. Your Bonsly is certainly resilient. But you have at least seen what Grandfather means by working with nature. When you respect it, you can fight alongside it. And the earth itself is a powerful ally."

"Yeah. Great. But, I have to get going." Warren turned to leave, but felt a hand clap down on his shoulder. He spun back to see Amos smiling at him.

"Not so fast! That was a stellar performance, I want to congratulate you!" Warren scowled.

"For what? Losing." Amos frowned as he paused to wring rainwater out of his dreadlocks.

"For making the best of a bad situation. I'd say you've had that Bonsly only for a few weeks, a month at most." Warren nodded slowly, not showing how impressed he'd been by Amos's immediate evaluation.

"Well, Joshua's been training that Noko of his for a few years now. It's certainly a Pokémon to be reckoned with. I believe Joshua is planning to challenge the league with it, so as to spread our message further." Warren tilted his head, gauging how to reply.

"Well, he'll do pretty well. He should get far." Amos raised an eyebrow.

"You don't think he'll win." It was a statement, not a question.

"No. I've been in a league before. The trainers are far tougher than anything you could imagine. The blows in that fight, the league trainers wouldn't even notice them." The old man eyed up Warren curiously.

"You say you've been in a league before, but your Pokémon is young, and new? I would have thought an experienced trainer would have a long-standing team." Warren grimaced.

"I did. But it's a long story and like I say, I need to get moving."

"Where are you headed?" Warren turned towards Meteor Falls.

"Towards the falls and the caves." Amos smiled.

"Then we shall travel that way too. We have just arrived here on the ferry, so it makes no difference to us which way we turn. Besides, there are many rare and amazing Pokémon in the falls which we would love to meet with. As long as you will travel with us, that is." Warren nodded.

"Yeah, I guess. I suppose you could show me more about this whole fighting with nature thing too." Amos smiled.

"As long as you promise to share your tale with us. It sounds like an exciting one." Warren nodded.

"Sure. You ready to get going?" The old man nodded, and called out to his group. They immediately stood up and began to pick up their bags and coats. Warren nodded to a few of them, trying to commit a name or two to memory. Most seemed pretty friendly, if a little quiet. Amos took a look at the sky.

"It's getting a little late. We'll travel to Meteor Falls and spend the night there before moving on." Warren yawned.

"Can't we just set up camp in an hour or two?" Amos smiled.

"Oh no. We want to be at Meteor Falls before midnight." Warren frowned.

"Why? What's happening then?" The old man just winked and tipped his head.

"You'll just have to wait and see!"

slls81

Years
    @I Laugh At Your Misfortune - Great post :) This 'Terra Firma' bunch that Warren finds himself with certainly seem like interesting individuals. Will be interesting to see how Warren reacts to his loss, and I can't wait to see why they are heading to Meteor Falls with such haste :)

For battling such an experienced pokemon:
    Congratulations Bonsly (Useless) grew to Level 13

Nakuzami

Years
    Kris Kollyns
    Eggcellent!

-----

I bent over and picked up the pokeball, which had become still. I really needed to get to a PC, and lucky for me Lanette's house was staring me in the face. I began to walk, which I could now do on my own, towards her door. I reached my hand up and knocked, and within seconds a woman whom I assumed was Lanette was staring me in the face.

"Why, hello?" She said, sounding just slightly confused.

"Hello, are you Lanette?" I asked as patiently as I could.

"Why yes, I believe I am. Unless my name changed in the last few minutes." She gave a little giggle before waving me inside.

"Do you have a PC system I could use?" I incquired as I looked around the room.

"Oh, yes. I just got it fixed." She walked into another room for a second, before returning with an egg in her hand. "I've recently come into the possesion of a ton of pokemon eggs. Would you like one?"

So, lady, a random kid walks into your house and you immediately offer them a pokemon egg? Well, that's fine with me! "Sure, i'll take it. Just one more reason to use a PC. I'll have to figure out my team now..." I took the egg and walked over to the PC. I swapped out Dot with my new Zangoose, Strife, and figured i'd carry the egg for now, so I deposited Eruption as well. I said goodbye, as I had no reason to stay any longer. I walked out of the door and down the path towards Fallarbor.

I had the egg cradled in my hand and Strife trotting beside me. I gave him a smile and he gave one back, soon Fallarbor Town was on the horizon. When it was, I realized I now had the strength to run. So I did.

I stopped once some kid stepped right in front of me. And I mean, right in front of me. It was some sort of miracle that I didn't plow into him. "Oi! What's the big idea?" I said in my fake british accent, which I wouldn't mind saying wasn't half bad.

"The big idea is that I would like a battle, you have a pokemon, so I want to battle you." Wow, that was pretty straightfoward.

"Fine, fine. I accept the challenge." I took a few steps back and let Strife walk out in front of me. The boy tossed a pokeball which released a Spoink. The Spoink bounced about ten feet in the air as soon as it appeared, cheering happily. "Start it off with Swords Dance, then Scratch." Strife did as told, sharpening his attack with the ritualistic dance. He then ran in at Spoink, sinking his claws into its skin. It gave a sharp cry of pain, before retaliating with a Psywave. Strife was hit with the blue blast of psychic energy, but it didn't seem to do too much.

"Now, Psybeam!" Spoink loosed a pinkish-purple blast of energy that sent Strife flying a few feet.

"Quick attack and then Scratch again!" Zangoose ran in at Spoink so quickly he could not be seen. He rammed the Spoink at full power before clawing at it. It blasted Strife with another Psybeam, confusing him. "Snap out of it and use Scratch!" Strife began to claw wildly, only striking Spoink a few times. He also clawed at himself a little, before regaining his senses. When he did, he clawed at Spoink again, knocking it out.

The boy recalled Spoink and let out a Vibrava. I had Strife use the Quick Attack/Scratch combo again, which went over successfully. Though, the Vibrava twisted around with a Sonicboom that knocked out Strife. I returned Strife and let out Larvitar, commanding him to use Screech and then Bite. I instinctively covered my ears as Larvitar began to emit an ear splitting screech. The Vibrava was having a hard time with it and was flailing wildly in mid air. Once Larvitar settled down, the Vibrava was so dizzy it fell to the ground, allowing Larvitar to easily chomp down on its leg.

Larvitar continued to gnaw on Vibrava's leg, only tightening his grip when the Vibrava tried to shake him off. It took many pathetic attempts, but the Vibrava eventually managed to shake him off, before engulfing Larvitar in a Sand Tomb. The sand swirled around Larvitar, trapping him in a pit of sand that twisted around his body.

"Spin with the sand, launch yourself and use Bite." Larvitar began to go with the flow, which eventually allowed him to build enough momentum to catapult out of the sand and once again dig his jaws into Vibrava. After another round of cries from Vibrava, it went down and Larvitar let go. The boy recalled the Vibrava before letting out a Roserade. I recalled Larvitar and let out Sol.

"Magical Leaf!" Roserade created a storm of leaves that glowed multicolored. I knew that these leaves would chase down their target, so I had Sol burn them with a Fire Spin.

"Psywave, Rock Throw, Fire Spin!" I listed off each off Sol's damaging moves that may be effective, and he proceeded with the combo. First, he loosed a blast of blue psychic energy that hit Roserade directly, then he threw a small boulder at Roserade. He finished it with a twister of fire that engulfed Roserade and began to spin around her. With each passing second, it was obvious that she was losing a considerable amount of health.

When the fire calmed down, the Roserade fell to the ground. It seemed she was unconscious, so Sol went in to investigate. When he got right up to it, he was blasted with a Mega Drain. The Roserade restored its health a bit before finishing Sol with another Magical Leaf. I recalled Sol and let out Wurmy

"Gust!" Wurmy began to flap her wings quickly, whipping up a blat of wind that sent Roserade flying. It took the Roserade a considerable amount of time just to get to its feet, and it went back down again with another Gust.

"I think your pokemon's finished." I said as I recalled Wurmy.

"Yeah...good battle." The boy recalled his pokemon and walked off. I turned and resumed my walk to Fallarbor Town.

slls81

Years
    @Nakuzami - Okay quite a lot happened in that post, but I think this covers it.

Congratulations Kris recieved a pokemon Egg!
    Congratulations Kris nicknamed Zangoose Strife.

Congratulations Zangoose (Strife) grew to Level 12
    Congratulations Larvitar grew to Level 16
    Congratulations Beautifly (Wurmy) grew to Level 14 and learned Gust

Zeph.

Years
    "Zaaaang..."

"Viipaaaar..."

Zangoose continued its horrible cat-hissing sound, while Seviper did the same - except with a snake accent. The latter was the first to make its move, jolting off its spot fast and right for Zangoose. The red and white pokemon was even faster, though, using Quick Attack to sidestep the gaping fangs of Seviper and get behind it. The cat-ferret slashed a two-claw hand, striking the snake in the back. Seviper hissed in annoyance, turning its head and lashing it, Biting down on Zangoose's shoulder. The two continued making horrid growling and hissing noises as Zangoose furiously scratched at Seviper's tough hide, while the large snake began Wrapping itself around its foe.

"Neither one's letting up," Kliff said in awe, "it's just frantic attacking."

Zangoose managed to slash at Seviper's face, causing the snake to loose its grip. It lashed out to Bite again, however the cat-ferret jumped backwards as the red fangs of Seviper bore into the ground.

Suddenly, each of Zangoose's claws glowed purple and extended a little, before the pokemon's whole body spun right there on the spot fast. Zangoose ceased spinning with swiping its claws off each-other (as if to create sparks), and the purple glow vapourised.

Kliff looked to his pokedex, "What was that?"

"That was Swords Dance. It greatly boosts the users attack power."

"No kidding," the trainer replied, looking back to the battle. As Zangoose ran in on all fours for Seviper, the snake finally managed to rip out of the ground, taking a whole chunk of rock with it. The poison type bit down, cracking the rock into pieces before emitting an open mouth hiss, eyes burning with fury. Zangoose, similarly angry, swiped its arm for another Scratch attack, however Seviper utilised its serpantile agility, ducking under the attack and weaving upwards behind the cat-ferret. Zangoose, apparently predicting this, brought the same arm back, catching Seviper with a back-slash. Not even a second passed before the snake's bladed tail coiled around Zangoose, tightening in a Wrap attack. Zangoose squirmed furiously to escape, but Seviper's lowered its head and used Bite on the normal-type's waist. The cat-ferret let out a gutteral cry of both pain and rage (like when you hear cats fighting - only deeped pitched).

"They're not even showing off," Lauren said, still intimidated, "they want to kill each other!"

Kliff took a step forward. He wanted to catch them, but like Lauren said, if this went on one of them was going to end up the other's kill. He released Gella and Pan.

At this, the two mortal enemies simultaneously shot their gaze to Kliff, pausing in their fight.

"Kliff, don't interfere when they're as angry as this!"

Both Zangoose and Seviper began letting out deafening hisses, eyes locked on Kliff. A horribly threatening feeling came over the teenager as he looked at the pokemon - each one was looking directly into his eyes, pupils dilated with fury. They were telling him to back off.

It was also an opening, however,

"Swift!" Kliff shouted. Pan began spinning horizontally, unleasing a barrage of star shaped shards which hit the two wild pokemon. Each one recoiled initially, before lunging back - nobody interrupted their natural fight to the death.

"Use Sleep Powder on Seviper! And then PoisonPowder on Zangoose, Gella!" The Tangela shot out two vines, spraying spores of green and purple respectively. Seviper coughed, eyes suddenly growing heavy before it fell to the ground while in motion, causing it to skid off the grass. Zangoose was also caught in Gella's attack, however it simply coughed before swiping its claws, clearing the powder.

"Zangoose has the Immunity ability. Meaning it can't get poisoned."

"That would have been helpful to know- Vine Whip instead!"

As Zangoose leapt through the air, Gella lashed out another vine, cracking it off of the cat-ferret, who thumped off the ground with a roll and tumble.

"Pan, don't let it up, Rapid Spin!" The Sandshrew ran towards Zangoose on all fours, however was interrupted by a flying headbutt from Seviper.

"But it's-!" Kliff began before seeing a large skin-shed of a Seviper with an opening at the mouth,

"That's Seviper's Shed Skin ability. It helps it recover from status conditions."

Kliff cursed (although it also strengthened his desire to obtain these pokemon), "Fine! Sleep Powder Zangoose instead! Pan, Rapid Spin on Seviper!"

As Gella sprayed more spores on the still downed Zangoose, Pan leapt into Seviper's chest, spinning rapidly against it. Seviper fell backwards,

"Now use Scratch!" Pan stopped spinning and came down on the large snake with a two handed Scratch attack. Exhausted from this and its battle with Zangoose, Seviper slumped to the ground, breathing heavily.

"Finally!" Kliff shouted, throwing a pokeball at the sleeping Zangoose, before walking closer to Seviper and tossing another.

"Be ready if they come back out," Kliff said to Gella and Pan.

[OOC: I love the Zangviper relationship xD]

Last edited:

slls81

Years
    @Zeph -Nice post, I've always been a big fan of the Zangoose/Seviper relationship as well :) I can't wait to see how Kliff plans to try and keep those two from killing each other! (Assuming he wants to use both pokemon on his team that is :P)

Congratulations Kliff caught a Level 11 Zangoose
    Congratulations Kliff caught a Level 11 Seviper

OOC: I can't believe how many captures there have been on this route! It might just be the most popular route in the RP so far :P

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Out and In again

Some rays came down onto David's eyes gently waking him up. He got up and looked around , his pokemon we're still sleeping. The same thing could be said for Andy and his pokemon , even Zephyr was asleep as the radiant sun made her fly into a dark opening in the cavern where she went to sleep. David quietly went for his bag to see what he had to eat for breakfast. There were another two cans of soup , some berries and a jar of jam that he was holding for a while. He decided to open the jam today as he didn't want to eat soup AGAIN.

The sun was lighting the room brighter and brighter , it was shining in almost all the cavern and it was making way to Zephyr's spot. When the rays reached the flying pokemon she woke up and started to fly around as she didn't like the morning sun that much , it's not like she can't stand it, in fact she has no problem with it , but she just wasn't ready to get up as anyone wouldn't when they were sleeping as good as her. Everyone woke up alarmed by Zephyr's agitation.

"Oi, Zephyr. C'mon now, we're all just wakin' up here."

After things settled down everyone got down to eating. David opened the jar of oran jam.

"Here , give it a taste"
    David said offering the jar to Andy.

"Mmm"
    he muttered, enjoying the taste of the jam. "Oran berry, if I'm not mistaken"

"Glad you like it……….So after we're done eating where to next? "
    he asked.

"Well, I vote that we try and see what kind'a things that Magma are up to."

"It's strange that we didn't see any other grunt than the other one for the earlier day , they may have left or they are lurking in a deeper part of the cave"

"Seems far too easy to me..."

After that they packed their things and went on into the cave. The two trainers made their way until they reached a kind of dead end. David and Andy were facing a deep deeeeeep whole in the ground that was as large as the cave. They looked down and saw that it was a long way down so there was no talking about climbing down and up again. The two trainers looked around to see if there was any narrow path to use to get on the other side but there was none.

"We have to find a way…"

"Maybe we could t- no... that wouldn't work."

"I got it ……..Andy you mentioned last night that you had a Bellsprout right?"

"Yep, Bella, my first Pokemon. What did you have in mind?"

"It should know Vine Whip. We can use those to make a support for a bridge and my Beautifly will use String Shot to make a solid path.

"She does know Vinewhip. It's quite possible."

With that said the two trainers called out their pokemon. Andy told Belladonna to use Vine Whip and get a hold of something on the other side. After that Beautifly used its String Shot across the Vine Whip. In a matter of minutes a bridge had formed in front of their eyes.

"We'll it's now or never"

"Alright, nothin' ventured, nothing gained."

Andy went first walking slowly not to shake the bridge or put a whole in the silk bridge. After that David went across again in a slow pace so there wouldn't be any problems. After the two trainers were on the other side Bella ripped the silk off its vines and then pulled her on the other side. David and Andy kept their pokemon outside and went along the narrow corridor that was up ahead.

They walked and at the end of the path they found themselves in an even larger room filled with stalagmites and stalactites. The room had a small lake that was sparkling at the bottom of it. David and Andy wanted to take a look but as they took their first step they heard voices coming so they hid behind a large rock. They took a peek over it and saw a strange looking fellow that was examining some footprints.

"I don't think he's a magma grunt"
    David whispered to Andy

" Me neither…let's go see what he's doing"

"Hey what are you doing here?"
    Andy said when they got near him

"Who are you two? And more important what are you doing here?"
    the man asked with aloud voice

"We asked first ..but if you must know we tried to stop Team Magma….we even got one grunt tied up deeper in the cave"

"Well I'll be damn…you youngsters are more efficient that our top police officers…just a few minutes ago some other trainers about your age handed over to officer Jenny a
    couple of grunts"

"Really?"
    David said with a confused face as they didn't see even a glimpse of a person for a long time.

"Yup they just left towards Rustboro city a couple of minutes ago"

"Well that means that team magma is in jail"
    Andy affirmed

"Not quite as these were just a part of the whole organization….but nonetheless it's one step forward in stopping them for good so thanks a bunch for helping …let's go out
    so I can send some officers to get your grunt out."

"Really?!?! the exit is near…..finally"
    were David's words as Andy and the detective went on towards what looked like the end of the cave.

It was beautiful outside , to feel the wind , to see the whole sky and not just get a glimpse of it trough a bit of opening in the cave. David looked around and saw a lot of police officers that were inspecting the area.

"Could I ask you to come to the station and tell us everything that happened related to Team Magma?"

"I was thinking of heading on another route , not going to Rustboro city"
    Andy told David with a disappointed face.

"Well I don't think they need the two of us , just only one person should be enough. Right detective? "
    he said turning towards the detective that was in the car and ready to
    start the engine.

"Right, so which one is coming with me then? "

"That would be me sir."

"Then this means farewell….it was a nice traveling with you , maybe we'll see each other"
    David said as he lift his hand

"
    Yup I had a great time to and thanks for the food it was delicious…I'll send you a gift as a token of my gratitude" Andy replied as he was shaking hands with David.

"You don't have to…that's what friend do "
    he said as he got in the car.

The detective started the car and left towards Rustboro city in a hurry. Andy stood still and watched as the car went , waving his hand until he couldn't see it anymore. He then made his way through the forest near the cave.

David got quickly to the station , it took only ten minutes. There he told the detective all that happened and after that was let free. David opened the door of the station and exited into the city. He went to the Pokemon Center and gave all of his pokemon to nurse Joy. While he waited in the center he could see a lot of people heading towards the north of the city or coming from there , almost everyone having a bag.

"Interesting what could cause all of this commotion? "
    David asked himself

David after asked a person that was working at the center if he could take a shower and he was pointed towards a room that had a bathroom. David put his thing on the bed and then took a loooong and nice deserved shower. After that he came out took his stuff and went at nurse Joy that was waiting for him.

"Here are your Pokemon"
    Nurse Joy said handing all of his four pokeballs.

"Thank you and have a nice day"
    he said as he took his pokeballs and left the center.

"Now let's see what's going on"
    he said as he made his way toward the north part of the city.

He was walking towards the outskirts of the town and as he was getting closer towards route 115 the number of people he was seeing was getting more and more bigger. David kept going even though he exited the city and was now on the route.

After a few minutes he found himself in a big port with two ships in it. One was a cargo ship and one was a cruise ship. A lot of people we're either getting on the sip or getting off to see their loved ones or to get into a cab. David walked slowly through the big crowd and tried to make his way out of it. As he was going he kept admiring the cruise ship that looked very luxurious and impressive. As David was looking at the ship suddenly something hit him in the leg.

"OUUUUUUUUUCH"
    David cried.

David turned his head to see what he bumped into but there was only a little boy that was laughing. It was obvious that the boy was the one who hit David in the leg. He was well dressed and very neat looking but the thing that caught David's eye was that he was holding a golden pokeball.

"Why did you hit me you little brat?"

"Just because I wanted to"
    the boy said pointing out his tongue

"You are more full of yourself than I thought"
    David said as he brushed his leg and then went on leaving the boy behind

"YOU CAN"T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT"
    the little boy yelled towards David.

"It's a free world kid and moreover you asked for it for being rude"
    he said not even bothering to turn towards the kid and kept going on

"You'll pay for this , I'm Richie Rodgers and m father is the owner of this cruise and is one of the richest man around Hoenn"

David didn't even bother to say another word. He kept going and was now in the middle of the forest heading back towards Meteor Falls as it was reopened to the public. He had about 15 minutes more to go until he would reach the cave but he stopped to take a break and admire the local area. He leaned down onto a tree and looked and his four pokeballs that contained his pokemon.

"We've come a long way , even managed to beat a grunt , it's good to have you by my side"
    he said as he put the pokeballs back onto his belt.

He closed his eyes and sat there motionless thinking of what new interesting thing await him on his adventure. As he was just about to fall asleep a car stopped in front of him. It was a white limousine. The driver got out and went towards the back of the car and opened the door. Davis saw a let that came out of the car and then the rest of the body and got shocked.

"Bet you didn't think I'd chase after you"

"Yup I'm shocked of how far are you going with this"

"Daddy this is the boy that made me a brat"
    Richie said as an adult stepped out of the car.

"Ok you punk what is the meaning of this?"

"What? I'm the bad guy here? Strange how things turn around"

"Well of course ….no one insult my kid and gets away with it. You …..who can't even get a decent hoddie ..dare to insult mu child"

"Why you!!!"
    David got angry as his hoddie was a gift from his little sister and he liked it very much.

"Let's settle this with a battle"

"It's fine with me….let's see what cheap pokemon you caught and to entertain me let's make it a double battle"

"Cheap you say….you'll regret it! Beautifly….Ralts let's show him true value"

Ralts and Beautifly came out and saw the bold looking man in front of them.

"Cheap as I thought here are some real pokemon………… Delcatty and Lairon come out."

David took out his Pokedex to see what kind of pokemon he was facing. He pointed his Pokedex toward the pink cat pokemon .

"Delcatty the Prim Pokemon : Rather than keeping a permanent lair, it habitually seeks comfortable spots and sleeps there. It is nocturnal and becomes active at dusk. "

Then toward the other one.

"Lairon the Iron Armor Pokémon : When two LAIRON meet in the wild, they fight for territory by bashing into each other with their steel bodies. The sound of their collision carries for miles."

The little boy gave some orders to the driver , that quickly went to the car and came back with a chair and a glass of lemonade. The boy sat down to watch the battle that was about to start .

"Beautifly start off with Gust on Delcatty…….Ralts use your confusion on Lairon"

Beautifly started flapping it's wings and created powerful gust that was headed towards Delcatty while Ralts used Confusion on Lairon making it fall to the ground.

"Delcatty at least you escape…Faint Attack"

And with that Delcatty disappeared just as the wind was in front of her and then in a second it reappeared behind Beautifly and hit it sending it towards the ground.

"Now your mine. Lairon use Take Down on that fallen moth."

Lairon marched towards Beautifly that was still on the ground.

"Ralts go help Beautifly use Teleport to get you two out of there"
    and with those words Ralts went running towards Beautifly and when it got next to it it graped the poor bug pokemon and used teleport to escape Lairon's attack.

Beautifly got up and was urging to get back into action.

"Beautifly use String Shot to stop them in their tracks"
    Beautifly shot a silky web and aimed toward both of the pokemon's feet. The two pokemon quickly got tangled in the web and fell down.

"Not fair that's cheating"
    the little boy yelled as he took a sip of lemonade

"In your world everything that doesn't go the way you want is wrong….leaving that aside Ralts why don't we show our rival a magic act. Make those two boulders disappear "

"What do you think you're doing with those?"

Ralts looked towards David with a grin in approval. The it went towards the two boulders that David pointed at. Those boulders were twice as big as Ralts but that didn't matter , with a touch of Ralts hand they vanished into thin air.

"Do you know what gravity is?"

"Of course.. I'm rich not stupid.. it's the force that ….…..OW NO"
    the man said looking frightened towards the sky and seeing that Ralts appeared just to leave the two
    boulders above his pokemon and the vanish again. The two pokemon got hit with the boulders and suffered a lot of damage.

"Get up you too I paid good money for you… Lairon use Iron Head…Delcatty use Assist!!!"

Lairon got covered in a silvery aura as it rushed towards Beautilfy while Delcatty got covered in the same light and using the same move due to another pokemon from the
    man's belt and ran towards Ralts. David told Beautifly to fly up and Ralts to teleport but it was too late and the two pokemon got hit head on and smashed into a nearby tree.

"You think you can anything and get away with anything with your money…..let's show them Ralts, Beautifly get up and use Absorb and Confusion"

The two pokemon got quickly up and lunched their attacks. Balls of energy were coming out of Lairon draining his energy little by little while Delcatty suffered from Ralts's Confusion.
    After the blow the two pokemon looked like they were just about to faint but they remained on their feet just because the rich man threatened them that they would be sold if they didn't win.

"Lairon use Iron Head again on Beautifly. Delcatty you use Faint Attack" the man yelled as hard as he could.

"You show him daddy !!"

"I'll show you that something can't be bought…some things like being modest but more important knowing how to care for you pokemon and no treat them like objects. Beautifly suck up all the energy out of Lairon."

Lairon was running as fast as it could towards Beautifly but as it was getting closer towards the flying pokemon it started slowing down until it finally fainted just in front of Beautifly. In this time Delcatty lunched its attacks and vanished into thin air.

"Don't worry Ralts be patient and wait my command."
    David said looking everywhere near Ralts to get a glimpse of Delcatty.

Delcatty made its appearance at Ralts's back but just as it wanted to hit Ralts David told it to Teleport. Ralts used teleport to get above Delcatty and land on top of it sending it into the ground.

"Noooo how could they …I paid a lot of money for them and…and…"

"Next time take care of a pokemon not just buy another one cause the result will be the same. The bond you make with your pokemon makes them stronger and by training along side with them makes them even more stronger. Keep that in mind next time …and try teaching some manners to you child"

And with those words David called back his Pokemon congratulating them for their efforts and win. Then he left heading towards his destination leaving behind what had just happened. It was noon and the blue sky was cloudless. It was a perfect day for a walk and David got a bit sad as he knew that he had to get back into the cave. But that's ok as long as he is with his pokemon. And with that in his mind he was now at the entrance of Meteor Falls ready to enter it again.

Last edited:
    Back