• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    @romdinner - Nice to have you back in the RP... just don't make posts of that length a habit :P But yeah nice post, you just need to watch your spelling some of the time. It might be worth proof reading your posts before you put them up, just to make sure you haven't made any little mistakes. :)

Anyway, having said that let's get to the important stuff :P

Congratulations Ralts grew to Level 18
    Congratulations Beautifly grew to Level 16

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Divide and Conquer Part I

David entered once again in the cave but this time it would be easier to walk through as there weren't any more team magma members. He would have to watch out only to have a stable path in front of him and for wild pokemon and it should be a breeze to pass. Making his way he remembered that this was the same path that led to the majestic lake that was formed due to the waterfall that was on the opposite of the cavern in which he and Andy met the detective. Entering the cavern David was once again amazed by the beauty that resided in such a place. The waterfall was pouring down crystal clear water into the lake. David went near the lake and walked along the shore looking at the rocks in the lake that were sparkling.

"Another couple of hours and by sunset I should be out of here" David thought, but just as he finished his thought he heard a loud scream coming from the water fall.

"HEEEEEEEEELP!!!!"

David looked at the very top of the waterfall and saw a girl on the edge of it that was surrounded by three floating pokemon. David quickly took a pokeball from his belt and called out Beautifly.

"Beautifly go help her!" David said pointing at the girl.

The bug pokemon rushed toward her as fast as it could. It reached her just as she was about to fall. Beautifly pushed her back with its head and made her gain her balance again , but she was still on the edge as the three pokemon kept coming closer. The girl was relieved that she didn't fall and looked at the pokemon that just saved here. Meanwhile David was running to the opposite part of the lake where he saw a bit of narrow path that led to the top of the waterfall , the thing was that he had to lean to the wall and take it step by step if he didn't want to fall. Seeing that it would take him a few minutes to get there he shouted to Beautifly to use Gust. The girl turned her head and finally saw David that was making his way up to her and now she knew who was the owner of this Beautifly. As told, Beautifly started a powerful wind that pushed the three pokemon back a few inches but , what looked like the leader , lunched a Confusion that made Beautifly land on the ground.

"Noooo….. Stop hurting it." the girl yelled at the pokemon but it didn't have any effect.

The pokemon were angry that Beautifly interfered, so one of them launched a Tackle. Beautifly was still down and just as it was about to be hit, something covered Beautifly and said in a soft voice:

"I'll always be there for all of you."

And that something got hit hard by the pokemon and gave a little shout of pain. Beautifly lifted its head from the ground and saw that David was the one who shielded it from the attack. Beautifly gave a tear drop out , it knew that David cared for it and the rest of the pokemon but now she was more convinced than ever.

"Get out of the way they are attacking from the left!!!" the girl alarmed.

David grabbed Beautifly in its arms and got up , although his back hurt like hell , and dodged to the left just as the three pokemon were near to hit him. As the three pokemon went by him he saw that the leader was holding something blue on top of its head. David was now sitting in front of the girl with his back towards her.

"Thank you for coming and helping us." the girl said very silent, you could distinguish her shyness in her words.

"Don't thank me yet , we still aren't out of danger." he replied to the girl as he took his pokeball and called Beautifly back to rest as it was hurt.

The three pokemon were more angry that David wasn't hit by the attacks so they marched again using Tackle. David knew that he didn't have time to call out another pokemon so he had to act fast. He turned over to the girl and grabbed her.

"Hope you're ready for a swim?" David said as he held tightly to the girl and jumped over the edge.

They were diving down alongside the water that was falling down into the lake. They splashed into the water going under. The three pokemon were confused on top of the waterfall. They saw that David and the girl didn't come out of the water so they left going further into the cave. Just as they left, David and the girl reached the surface, both trying to get as much as air as they could. David looked around and saw that the pokemon were no more. He and the girl made their way to the shore and crawled out of the water.

"Th…Thanks again and sorry I dragged you into this." the girl said as she was trying to get some sand out of her hair.

"Don't mention it and i should be the one saying sorry. I grabbed you and made you jump over the edge" he said as he looked to see if he had all of his pokeballs.

David didn't really see what the girl looked like as things happened so fast so he just got a glimpse of her. He turned towards her just as she was trying to dry her hair , he was astonished by her beauty , how he couldn't have noticed it until now? She was busy drying her hair so she didn't notice that David was nearly starring at her. She had turquoise blue hair that was falling down just a bit longer than the middle of her back. The same turquoise color sparkled in her eyes. David was starting to blush as he was looking at her. Her white soaked dress was just over her knees and had a very interesting design on it. It had a green leaf colored stone at the center of her chest that was put in a round shaped golden space which continued with two, same green color, angel wings. She was stunning and David couldn't agree more.

"You still have a bit of sand in your hair." David said in a soft voice.

"Really? I thought I was done with…" the girl said but when she felt David's hand through her hair as he was helping her remove the sand she blushed just like David did a few minutes earlier and couldn't say another word.

"Let me see if I can find some wood in here to start up a fire to dry our clothes………umm I didn't get the chance to introduce myself….I'm David." he said as he got the last bit of sand out of her hair.

"I'm Adeline…..Adel for short." she replied.

"That's a nice name, very rare." he said as he looked around for some fire wood.

"Why thank you ….umm let me help you ."

The two walked for a bit along the lake in search for some wood that might have been brought by the current. The girl kept watching David as he was in front of him. She was grateful that he had came and helped her and on top of that now he was looking for wood so they could dry up , of course he had to as well , but she didn't ever meet a guy that was so nice to her.

"I think I see some over there by those rocks." David said as he ran towards the specific location.

"I think these are enough to get us dry." Adel affirmed.

They made their way back and started working on the fire. Adel brought some rock so the fire would be stable. The two were opposite to each other, in between them being the pieces of wood. There was one last piece to add and both David and Adel went for it. Their hands met and they both blushed , took their hand back and turned the other way. Both of them were thinking what will the other one say. David then turned to break the ice and took the piece of wood and put it with the rest.

"Now let's get a little help to start the fire…..Numel come out and use Ember." were his words as he got up and threw the pokeball in the air.

"So you have a Numel too."

"Yup it's my recent caught pokemon but we get along well so far." he said and petted Numel on the head as Numel just used Ember and lit the fire.

David had a pair of spare blue jeans , an orange T-shirt with a bit of white by the neck and another green anorak in his backpack, the thing was that they were wet as well so he decided to put them up first to get dried and then change into them and let the ones on him dry as well. In this time David wondered what he could do for Adel as she didn't have with her only one Pokeball that was attached on a bracelet on her hand and nothing less.

" We'll let these dry up first and then I'll give you my anorak so you can change , it's long enough so it won't be a problem if you don't have pants on , it will be like a skirt." David suggested.

"You are too kind…it's perfect don't worry."

"So I was wondering what did those pokemon want with you?" David asked the girl as he sat down.

"They wanted my precious stone that I found and they succeded in taking it….let me make things clearer. I came into the cave with hope of finding a Sun Stone. I have a Sunkern and it requires that stone to evolve. I came early in the morning and at about noon , after a lot of searching all over the cavern I finally found one near the waterfall and put it in a blue case for safety, but I think those pokemon saw me picking it up and they wanted it also and then attacked me and took it. I tried to fight with my Sunkern but it was defeated in a matter of seconds. That's why I want to evolve it so it can get stronger. And the rest you know…."

"I understand and do you know what pokemon were they?…I think two were shaped like a moon and one like a sun?"

"Yes your right ….the two were Lunatone and the sun shaped one is Solrock."

"Let me check my Pokedex for info about them." he said pulling out his Pokedex that even though got in the water was working as if nothing happened.

The girl came closer to look as well. David opened the Pokedex and searched for the two pokemon:

" Lunatone the Meteorite Pokémon : It becomes very active on the night of a full moon. This POKéMON was first discovered 40 years ago at the site of a meteor strike."

"Solrock the Meteorite Pokémon: Solar energy is the source of this POKéMON's power. On sunny days, groups of SOLROCK line up facing the sun and absorb its light."

"It looks like Solrock is the leader."

"Yes indeed ….um I think the things are all dried up." she said giving David all the clothes on the ground.

"Here take this anorak and change so you won't get a cold…I'll go further to change behind that rock." he said and took his jeans.

The girl gazed at David as he went until he vanished behind a big rock. She then got her dress off and took the anorak on. It was good to feel something warm instead of wet. The girl than put her dress near the fire and sat down. She than noticed that David left his T-shirt behind. She grabbed it and went towards where he was to give it to him. As she got near the rock she got a glimpse of David's shoulder so she stopped and asked if he had changed.

"Yup but I can't seem to find my T-shirt."

"I brought it, you left it by the fire." Adel said going behind the rock to give the T-shirt to David.

But when she got behind the rock she saw David without his wet T-shirt and blushed and turned her head and handed over the T-shirt. She could see that David was well built.

"Thanks…..let's go back to the fire." he said as he took the T-shirt on.

By the fire David took out his last can of soup and shared it with Adel , he had another two sandwiches but because of the water they were as good as useless.

"Sorry… it's the last thing I have."

"It's ok , it tastes good." Adel said as she turned away and looked like she was inspecting the area from that spot in search of something.

"Did you lose something in the water?"

"No No. I am trying to see if there is any other stone around here, but it's hopeless I searched this place this morning."

"I heard they are very rare….but you already found one that rightfully belongs to you, so I'll help you get it back from Lunatone and Solrock."

"Really?!?! Will you?" the girl said looking with admiration at David and blushing a bit.

"Of course , it will be my pleasure." He said giving a smile.

"Thank you very much ….but how will you? Those three together are to strong ."

"Together yes, but alone they don't stand a chance….."

"And how will you separate them? …They were all the time together."

"I have something in mind….you'll see…." David said putting his hand on his chin and gazing at the lake…..

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
    Chapter One: Starting Off Safe Part One
    Screaming…lots of it. Sharon groaned and turned over in her bed, covering her head with a pillow. "Shut up, child!" she heard Henry shout at their little sister. Which probably meant Mom wasn't home… Not like it made a difference. One thing Sharon hated about her mother was that she was constantly busy with everything but her children, even when she was home. But at least she wasn't always gone anymore.

The screaming continued, followed by a thud and the sound of shattering glass. 'Oh god…' Sharon rolled out of bed and rubbed her eyes, looking at the clock. Ten thirty a. m. Not too bad. She grabbed a hair tie and pulled her hair back into a ponytail. Then she left her room, dragging her feet to the kitchen, where her sister said, sobbing, on the counter. "What's going on?" Sharon asked Henry, who was standing in the middle of the room looking hopeless.

"She...she…threw the mug and I…and she wanted…and…" he didn't make much sense, especially since he'd started to cry as well.

"Oh, grow up," Sharon said, shooting him a look. "We don't need two babies." This, of course, just made Henry cry harder. He ran off to his room. "Whatever…" Sharon mumbled, walking to the counter to settle Lila down. After cleaning the shards of glass form the floor, and getting Lila buckled in her booster seat, she flicked on the television, changing the channel to her favorite news station. She only half paid attention while she fixed herself something to eat. On the screen was an image of a cave, and what looked like a couple of waterfalls in the background. Probably another robbery or rare Pokemon sighting or something… Lately, the news had been pretty dull. Last week there WAS that one snippet about the girl who claimed her Pokemon could talk. And the fire at some gym in Kanto was pretty interesting… She grabbed the remote and turned the volume up so she could hear what the story was about, and almost immediately heard a familiar name. "Last year's Pokemon League runner-up, Warren Simmons, also aided in the stopping of the evil team's scheme."

'Warren Simmons! That's the short one who lost to the guy with all the S's in his name…right?' They showed an old picture of Warren and his Poliwhirl. Definitely the short one. But what were they doing so close to Fallarbor? Nevermind what they were doing. Were they still there!? After the story finished and the television went to a commercial for Moo-Moo Milk, Sharon slurped down her milk, then went to her room to get ready. She had to get out there, and see if they were nearby…but what about Henry and Lila? Henry was fine, he could probably even have a Pokemon himself if he ever left Fallarbor. But Lila was barely two years old… Oh well. They'd have to take the wagon.

After showering and getting dressed, Sharon knocked on Henry's bedroom door, which had been shut and locked. Whoever's idea it was to put a lock on his door was a complete idiot. There wasn't even a key. "Come on Henry, I really need your help!" What would get him to come out? "I'm going on an adventure and you have to come! I need a partner!" Silence. There had to be something… "I'll…get you a Pokemon!" A sniffle. And then,

"No you won't, you don't even have any Pokeballs!" Shoot, he was right…

"How do you know?"

"Because you almost ate our baby sister when she threw them in the garbage disposal!" Oh, right. His voice was closer to the door though…

"Well, I didn't have a pokeball when I got MY first Pokemon. SO maybe we can do something about yours." Henry paused for a second, and Sharon knew that he was thinking…

"Mom wouldn't let me have a Pokemon anyways."

"JUST SHUT UP AND OPEN THE DOOR ALL RIGHT?" Sharon shouted, pounding some more. She heard a tiny giggle from the other side, probably Lila. Henry sighed.

"Fine, but I get the last two ice creams." There was a click, and the door swung open. Henry stood there, his brown hair tousled, grinning from ear to ear. An orange backpack rested on his back, and in it sat their sister. In one hand he held an electronic toy Pokedex, and the other a couple of plastic Pokeballs. "Explorer Henry, ready for action! Where to, Master Sharon?" Sharon smiled. Might as well play along…

"We'll be travelling west today, my apprentice! Do you have your Pokemon with you?"

"Yeah, my Lillian is in its pouch, Master. Are we ready to get going?" Sharon ran to her room and grabbed her four pokeballs from the desk, as well as a few extra hair ties – just in case. Then the three of them left, after checking to make sure all the lights in the house were off, and being sure to leave a note for mom and lock the door.

"Do you remember last year's Pokemon League runner up, Warren?" Sharon asked as the two walked up the ashy road, towards Route 114.

"Yeah, he had the icky plant thing, and the frog with the confusing stomach, right?" Henry replied.

"Mmhmm. He was on the news this morning. There was another Team Magma attack
    over the weekend!" Henry gasped, and Sharon nodded. "Right by here, too!"

"Those scoundrels!" Henry exclaimed. "We'd better catch them before they cause trouble here, too!" Sharon laughed.

"Yup. Let's go!" The two ran all the way to Route 114, receiving stares form the townsfolk as Lila bounced around on Henry's back.

"I'm tirrreeddddd," Henry groaned as the trio stepped onto the stone bridge. His shoulders were hunched over, and the backpack seemed to be pushing him to the ground.

"Oh, get ov- I mean, of course we'll stop at the other side of this river, little brother!" Sharon replied. Henry sighed. The two continued down the bridge, passing large men with mustaches and fishing poles, and couples staring at the river below. Sharon wondered who each of them were, where they'd been, what Pokemon they'd seen, where they were from…how long it had been since they'd been home. She was snapped from her thoughts, however, when Henry seemed to disappear. Shocked, she looked around…and found him on the ground beside her, sitting with Lila in her lap. What…? Oh, they were off the bridge. She looked around. It had been a while since she'd been all the way out here, and the surroundings were just beginning to become familiar. The tiny cottage…the cliffs, and the huge slab of rock…the tall grass, and the river. She loved every bit of it, probably because she hadn't been out of the ash a while.

"So, what's next?" Henry asked, sounding better now. Sharon looked towards the rocky cliffs. Meteor Falls… Would they still be on the other side? Maybe they were already gone, headings towards Rustboro instead. But it was still worth a shot, right?

"Next we head to the Falls," Sharon answered, standing up. "Come on, we don't have all day!" Henry groaned and stood up again, returning Lila to his bag. They quickly approached the tall grass. "I should probably get a Pokemon ready…" She fingered the four Pokeballs in her pocket, wondering who to choose. She finally decided on her first Pokemon, Silk. "Okay bud, I need your help!" Sharon exclaimed, calling the Spinarak from its Pokeball. The spider stretched and yawned, probably woken from a nap. Silk seemed to notice they weren't in Fallarbor anymore, and as he looked around excitedly.

"'Pider!" Lila exclaimed, clapping her hands and giggling. Sharon grinned.

"Yeah, spider!" They inched closer to the grass, and it started to go up to their ankles. Sharon wasn't sure what to do if a Pokemon came, as it had been a year since she'd last even had a battle… But how hard could it be? They were walking further into the grass, which was now up to Henry's waist. She was sure she could hear some sort of animal as the grass grew around them, up to Henry's chin now. Taller and taller, almost blocking out the sun now. They were totally under now, but the grass had grown apart, and it was almost like being in a jungle.

"Um…Sharon…do you know where we're going?" Henry asked, worried.

"Of course I do, we ju-" Suddenly a cry shot through the grass, coming from above. Sharon spun around, her eyes wide as she watched a blue blur slam into her Pokemon. "Spinarak!"

(OOC: Not much happened, but I figured here would be a good place to split it :D)

slls81

Years
    @Romdinner - Nice post

Congratulations Beautifly grew to Level 17 and learned Stun Spore

@King! - Welcome to the RP for... what, the third time? :P

Anyway nice post, interesting way for Sharon to start her pokemon adventure. Can't wait to see where you are going with this :)

OOC: I'll add Silk's nickname to the OOC thread

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Divide and Conquer Part II

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

*Here is a picture of Adeline just to see what her caracter really looks like*

David leaned over to Adel and whispered her something. As David was telling her something, you could see on Adel's face a smile that was getting bigger by every word.

"I think that will work…"

The plan was set and with all of their things dried they quickly changed, poured some water over the fire and then took all of the things and left. The two had a confident look on their face and were eager to get the job done. They climbed the waterfall, David making sure that Adel is right behind him.

" The only way they could have went is this way."

"This path goes to a cavern filled with stalagmites and stalactites."

"This makes things easier for us."

The two rushed to get in the next part of the cavern. Just as they were about to enter David stopped Adel and he took a peek to see what was in it. He saw the three pokemon in the center of the cavern. The two Lunatone were circling Solrock like they were praising it.

"Ok time for phase one…..Wingull come out…and use Mist."
    David whispered.

David scanned his pokemon earlier by the fire and saw that Wingull learned a new move "Mist" , Ralts had learned " Lucky Chant" and last but not least Numel had learned one too " Magnitude". The room started filling with mist until the three pokemon couldn't see each other. David gave a shout and the three pokemon rushed to get away further into the cave but the thing was that only two managed to escape , Solrock and the other Lunatone , as one had smashed into a stalactite and was left behind. David and Adel made their way through the mist alongside Wingull that could see through due to its special ability.

"Wingull go use Water Gun on Lunatone from above."

Wingull flew high above Lunatone and launched a powerful Water Gun and hit it sending it into the ground. Lunatone suffered some damage but it managed to use Harden to ease the hit. It quickly got up and used Tackle on Wingull sending the bird pokemon into the ceiling. Adel closed her eyes as the impact was made. She knew that she was the cause of Wingull's suffering but David told her earlier that he always makes sure his pokemon will be safe and with that in mind she opened her eyes and continued to watch over David's shoulder.
    "Wingull use Supersonic."

A wave of ultrasonic sounds were sent towards Lunatone but at the same time Lunatone launched Hypnosis and countered the move, both of them negating each other. Then Lunatone used another Tackle.

"Wingull dodge it using your surroundings."

Wingull started flying around , Lunatone chasing her trying to land and attack. Wingull was fast and was good at flying around obstacles but Lunatone was as well.

"Wingull use Wing Attack on Stalactites."

"How will that help?" Adel said with a confused tone.

"Be patient."

Wingull started hitting every stalactite that was in front of her. The stalactites detached from the ceiling and as Lunatone was chasing Wingull each and every one of the stalactites hit Lunatone slowing its pace and hurting it.

"I would have never thought of that."
    she said overjoyed.

After a few hits Lunatone used Harden as a counter shield and soon after followed up with a Rock Throw sending some boulders straight for Wingull. The rocks went flying and hit Wingull and sent it on the ground motionless. Lunatone kept using Rock Throw until Wingull was trapped in a tomb of rocks. Adel didn't like the situation and put her hand on David's shoulder as a sign that she was with him 'till the end. Lunatone then used Confusion so it won't break Wingull's tomb but still do damage to the poor trapped pokemon.

"Wingull use Supersonic."
    David shouted as hard as he could.

The ultra waves made their way easily through the tomb and went straight for their target making Lunatone spin around like crazy. Lunatone started smashing against the walls, then the ceiling and the ground. In its confused rampage Lunatone smashed into the tomb and set Wingull free. After that hit Lunatone regained consciousness and was mad. It started chasing Wingull again around the whole cave. Wingull made some elusive turns around some stalactites trying to get Lunatone of its tail.

"Wingull fly as fast as you can and at the next turn fly up and then turn back."

Just as said at the next turn Lunatone lost sight of Wingull for a moment and when it turned as well it didn't see Wingull anymore.

"NOW WATER GUN!!!"

Wingull was now behind Lunatone as it flew over it just as Lunatone took the turn. It launched a strong current of water and hit Lunatone smashing it into the wall. Lunatone fell down and smashed into some stalagmites fainting.

"Yay you did it, you beat one!!!"
    Adel burst into cheers.

"One down… two to go. Let's hurry. The others should be close by. Wingull … a job well done as always….return."

"Wingullllll!" the flying pokemon cried as it went back into its pokeball.

" So far.. so good…"

"If I can remember the next cavern I passed on my way here was a really creepy one. It had some large stones that looked similar to cemetery tablets. It gave me some chills as I passed through……..and……. yes it has a big hole in the ceiling and you can see the sky through it."

"Thanks for the info….the more we know the more it helps us get closer to our goal."
    he said as he rushed to enter the next part of the cave.

The room was exactly as Adel had described it. In it Lunatone and Solrock were looking desperately for something….obviously for the fainted Lunatone. As the two pokemon spotted David and Adel they wanted to flee again and made their way to go exit this room , Solrock went the way that Adel and David came flying over their heads and Lunatone went even deeper in the cave.

"Not so fast….Ralts Teleport our friend back!"
    he said as Ralts came out of its pokeball.

Ralts teleported right at the end of the room just as Lunatone was passing. It landed on Lunatone's head and used Teleport again. The two pokemon reappeared in the center of the room being surrounded by the stones. Lunatone didn't let Ralts even take a breath as it started using Rock Throw.

"Use Double Team to dodge it."

Several copies of Ralts appeared in the room. Some of them vanished being hit by the rocks, but four of them made it intact. Lunatone was confused and didn't know which one to hit so it changed its attack to Counfusion. David told Ralts to do the same. All of the copies vanished the real Ralts remaining, him being on top of a rock. Both pokemon were hit by the Confusion and got hurt. When they got up Lunatone burst into a Tackle.

"Ralts evade it with Teleport." David quickly said.

Ralts vanished just as Lunatone was in front of him. But this didn't stop Lunatone so easily, it kept using Tackle and aimed for every place where Ralts appeared until it finally hit Ralts. Ralts was sent flying into the wall, remaining there for some second due to the strong impact and the falling on the ground. David was a bit worried as the only attack Ralts had was Confusion and Lunatone being part Psychic could endure the hit easily. David thought of different ways to use Confusion but it was no use, the move wasn't very good for this situation………. and then in a blink of the eye David's face lit up. Adel saw it and was trying to understand what will his next move be.

"Ralts time to finish this! Use Double Team and get in front of every stone."

Ralts got up and kind of knew what David was up too so it quickly used Double Team and in a matter of seconds he was in front of the nine stones. Lunatone was in the middle and looked confused , trying to distinguish which one was the real Ralts.

"Ralts start making funny faces at Lunatone."

Each and every one of the Ralts started making some kind of face that got on Lunatone's nerves that made it mad. Lunatone launched a Tackle and went for the Ralts that was in front of it. The Ralts faded away and Lunatone smashed hardly into the stone turning it into pebbles. When it recovered it went again with a Tackle on the Ralts in front of him but the result was the same.

"Seven more left….pick a Ralts any Ralts and try your luck."

"Ralts..ralts..ralts" the pokemon said mimicking David hoping that Lunatone will get even more mad.

The effect on Lunatone was the wan which both Adelin and Ralts wanted. Lunatone immediately launched several Tackles.

"Six…..five…..four…..three…..two…." David and Adel yelled at the same time as
    Lunatone was hitting every fake Ralts and hurting itself on the way.

It looked very tired but it had enough strength for one more attack. It knew that this one was the last Ralts as there weren't any left. It rushed to hit it .

"RALTS TELEPORT!!"

And with those words Ralts gracefully vanished , but not before it gave a wink to Lunatone. Lunatone smashed into the last rock and fainted and got covered by the pebbles.

"So still a creepy place?"

"Haha …" the girl said ironically to go along with David's joke.

"Ralts you were great out there."
    David praised Ralts as it called him back.

"Just one more….this means a lot to me David…..and by the way, nice way to cover up Ralts "weakness"."

"Yup it will help me on future battles. Now let's get moving… Solrock went back."
    he said with a confident look grabbing Adel's hand and starting running.

He did this being carried away by the wave of action, he didn't intend to do this, he didn't even notice it. Adel blushed but she didn't want David to let go. She saw something special in David, a kind and caring hearth and his independent look made her like David even more. She was carried along the path passing through the caverns they had their battles in. Solrock was no were to be found…..only one place remained unchecked….. the very place where all of this started………

slls81

Years
    @Romdinner - Nice post, some interesting battle techniques employed by David there. Can't wait to see how he gets on against Solrock. :)

Congratulations Wingull grew to Level 18
    Congratulations Ralts grew to Level 19

Everyone else: If anyone is waiting for the next area can they let me know in the OOC thread. I'm not sure if anyone is, but I want to make sure I'm not holding anyone up :P

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Divide and Conquer Part III

[FONT=&quot]David and Adel rushed to get to the room where the waterfall was. Solrock was heading towards the waterfall and they had to reach it in time because if Solrock managed to get there he would have two ways to escape as the third one was the one David and Adel was coming. One was the exit that would eventually lead to route 115 and one was the exit that Adel entered the cave and was David's destination, route 114. If Solrock managed to escape the two trainers would have a lot of trouble in finding it again. They were in a cavern which was very deep and had a very narrow path that went along the wall leading at the bottom to an opening that was the entrance to the waterfall cavern. The thing was that they would have to take it steady as David had to adapt to Adel that was walking slowly not to fall . Adel felt bad that she was slowing down David.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"David go on ahead…..I'll be ok I'll catch up with you." [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Umm ok but I'll leave Numel with you for protection." he said getting his pokeball and throwing it in the air.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    "Numel take care of Adel until you reach me."
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]'Num....Numel!!!" the pokemon replied as to ensure David that she will look out for Adeline.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Be carefull…and good luck."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Thanks." he said and jumped down the edge sliding down the rocky wall.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He reached the entrance to the waterfall in a matter of seconds, but before he went on he turned his head up to see how Adel was doing.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I'm fine ….don't think of me….find Solrock!" the girl yelled.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]With that said David left and ran as fast as he could to reach Solrock in time. Upon entering the room David saw Solrock as it was heading towards the exit that lead to route 114. David pulled out a pokeball and threw it in the air.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ralts stop Solrock in its tracks!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The pokemon immediately teleported in front of the exit to stop Solrock from passing. When Solrock saw Ralts appearing in front of it, it turned away and started going to the other exit, but David was already ahead of it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Wingull fly over and block the other exit as well."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Wingull did as it was told and now Solrock was put into a very tight situation. It went in the center of the lake and knew that its only way out was through David.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Rock…Solrock!!" the rock pokemon said as challenging David to a one on one battle.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"You've got your battle……..Beautifly let's show Solrock what you're made of." were his words as the bug pokemon flashed out of its pokeball.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Sol… rock.. rock… Solrock!!" the pokemon burst into laughing.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Solrock was now more than sure that it will win as it battled Beautifly once and it beat it easily, but the thing was that that time David wasn't around and Beautifly was trying to protect Adel. Beautifly looked at David trying to tell him that she was ready and she'll give it her all.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"I know you'll do well…now let Solrock see your true strength."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Solrock didn't give David the chance to start as it quickly launched a powerful Rock Throw sending a lot of rocks flying towards Beautifly. David told Beautifly to dodge them. The bug pokemon kept evading one rock after another flying in all direction.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Now Beautifly use String Shot on one of the rocks falling and then attach it to Solrock."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Beautifly shot a long silky web that got glued to one of the rocks that were falling down, then in a couple of seconds Beautifly went at Solrock and tied the web onto Solrock. As the rock fell it started dragging Solrock after it. The pokemon tried to get the web off of it but it didn't manage to do it, being dragged into the lake. When it realized that there was no escape it used Harden to try to protect itself. It went under water where the web finally ripped due to getting soaked. Solrock was badly hurt being a rock type event tough it used Harden. As it got free from the web it quickly rushed out of the water and started spinning to dry up. When it stopped it was angry and wanted to make David and Beautifly pay for what they had done.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"SOLROCK!!" the pokemon shouted launching a powerful Tackle.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Counter that with Stun Spore!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Beautifly started flapping its wings and released some yellow dust that was blown away towards Solrock. Upon the impact Solrock got paralyzed and fell down on the ground. It couldn't move but this didn't stop it, it was determined to land a hit so it started using Confusion.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Beautifly use Absorb to make up for the lost stamina." [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As Beautifly was being hurt by Solrock's Confusion it was simultaneously draining Solrock's energy and transferring it to its body so the damage done to Beautifly wasn't very harmful. Solrock pushed itself and broke free from the paralysis and went charging at Beautifly with a Tackle. Solrock was just about to hit it when David told Beautifly in the last second to evade.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Now Beautifly use String Shot and take Adel's case from Solrock."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This was David's plan all along, he wanted to get as close to Solrock as possible and take the case that was stuck in two of Solrock's stones. Beautifly pulled as hard as it could and finally managed to take away the case and send it flying towards David that jumped and caught it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Finally we have it…..speaking of *we* I hope she's alright." he said turning away toward the opening he came through, hoping that Adel would just pop out.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In this time Adel had managed to get to the bottom of the cave, this would mean that just a bit more of running straight and she and Numel would make it to David. She started running….. but out of nowhere a flock of Zubat appeared before her eyes and started attacking her using Wing Attack. The girl started hitting the bats with her hands but as she sent one flying, another one started attacking here. Numel started using Ember and trying to hit as many Zubat as she could. As the Zubats came down on the ground to rest, Numel started using Tackle and knocked them into the walls. After about ten minutes of switching between Ember and Tackle Numel managed do defeat all of the Zubat.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Thanks Numel!" Adel said as she got on her knees and picked Numel up to carry her as she was tired from the battle.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Don't worry we're just about near the entrance to the waterfall." were her words as she started running.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Solrock now went straight for the ceiling and used Harden. It smashed roughly making pieces of the ceiling come down and fall onto Beautifly. The pieces were too big to evade them and Beautifly kept being hit by the pieces, one after another.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Use String Shot to attach yourself to Solrock and pull yourself out of there." David shouted.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Beautifly was now attached to Solrock. The rock pokemon started going around the cave trying to get Beautifly off, but after Beautifly was out of trouble and the pieces stopped falling it let loose and stopped just above the waterfall were she protected Adel earlier that day. Solrock turned over to Beautifly and with a grin on its face in launched a stream of spinning fire straight at Beautifly. It was Fire Spin and the attack enveloped Beautifly trapping it in a vortex of fire. Just as David wanted to say something Solrock dashed and hit Beautifly with a Tackle sending it falling down the waterfall.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"NOOOOOOOOO!!" a shout was heard behind David.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It was Adeline with Numel in her arms. She entered the room just as Beautifly was sent falling down. David turned back to Beautifly that splashed into the water. The poor bug pokemon was sinking into the water.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"BEAUTIFLY I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT……..I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!" he yelled as hard as he could and echo forming and going through the cave.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]When Beautifly heard David's words it opened its eyes and burst out of the water splashing water all over the place. David and Adel, as well as David's pokemon that were guarding the entrance, watching the battle this whole time, and Numel were relieved to see that Beautifly was ok. But Solrock didn't share this feeling, it launched another Fire Spin.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Beautifly fly over the water and try to escape it."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The bug pokemon started flying above the water surface being tailed by the spinning fire. As the chase was on, the fire started losing its power and speed due to being too close to the water and sometimes touching it. This is what David intended to and when the time was right it told Beautifly to turn over and fly with its back towards the water and use Gust. The wind extinguished the fire attack. Solrock got very angry and went flying just at the top of the room, above Beautifly that was over the water. It started spinning fiercely and then it used Fire Spin. The attack was more powerful now and was heading down towards Beautifly. This didn't scare Beautifly, she was looking into David's eyes and knew that he had a plan and was ready for his command.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Start spinning and then use Gust!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Beautifly was spinning as fast as she could. She then launched a powerful Gust. Due to the speed in Beautifly's movements, the wind started spinning creating a powerful whirlwind, Beautifly being in the center of it. The whirlwind got larger by the minute and started sucking up water. The water immediately enveloped Beautifly and turned the whirlwind into a whirlpool , but this didn't harm Beautifly as it was being protected buy a thin layer of wind. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Now Beautifly hit Solrock and end this!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The bug pokemon that was now covered by the whirlpool started flying up. It smashed into the fire that was coming extinguishing it as it made contact and went on with its attack. Solrock started flying higher but it got to the ceiling and knew it was caught. As it turned over to look down Beautifly knocked it with the powerful whirlpool. Due to the force of the impact Solrock fainted and got stuck in the ceiling and the whirlpool dispersed and started falling like rain. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"You did it ….you really did it!!!" Adel burst into cheers, jumping into David's arms.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]David was all red but he didn't let go of the girl. When she finally let go pulled out of his in his back pocket the case he had just recovered and put the blue case in Adel's hand.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Here you are Adel."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Thanks…thanks to you and all of your pokemon." the girl said with a big smile on her face.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Beautifly , Ralts and Wingull came to David, Numel being already at his feet. Ralts used teleport and got on David's right shoulder. David got down and started petting Numel as Wingull landed on his left shoulder and Beautifly on his head.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Great job…all of you....Beautifly you were amazing out there…..all of you where when the time was needed." He said looking at every one of his pokemon.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Raaalts!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Beautifly!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Numel!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Win…Wingull!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Thanks for all of you help……Numel really helped me back there as we were attacked by some Zubats."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Is that so?" David said smiling towards Numel.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Glad to help….now let's get out of this place." David suggested.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Definitely!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]David called back his pokemon, praising them once again and started walking with Adel along his side. As they were passing through a long corridor Adel opened the case to look at her stone. It was an orange sun shaped rock that had a bit of dirt on one side.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"So this is the famous Sun Stone?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Yes…it's good to know it's back." she said keeping her eyes on the stone.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"We'll reach the exit in about ten minutes…it should be dark by now." Adel said closing the case.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Our chase took a little more than we expected." he replied.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And as they took a turn they could see the exit just in front of them and with a step both of them got out. They looked at the sky that was filled by stars, the moon being in the center of it gazing at them. The wind was blowing softly, it made its way through Adeline's hair, David blushing. Then Adel went at the nearest tree and got down on her knees. The tree had a burrow just at the bottom of it. Adel put her hand into the burrow and took out a white bag.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I was wondering why you didn't have anything else with you." David said as he put his hand on his chin.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Well I didn't want to lose anything so I hid it here." the girl giggled.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Then the girl took her pokeball from her bracelet and sent it flying in the air. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Blossom come out!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A tiny yellow seed pokemon appeared right in front of David's feet. Upon looking at David the pokemon got scared and ran behind Adel. It then took a peek at David but when he smiled Sunkern hid again behind Adel.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Don't be scared…he is the one who helped us get the stone back." the girl said as she took Sunkern in her arms.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"And he's really kind and handsome as well." she whispered to Sunkern, making sure that David didn't hear.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"So your name is Blossom…nice to meet you!" David said coming closer and starting to pet Blossom.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Are you ready Blossom?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Sun…Sunkern!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ready for what?" David asked Adel.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]But the girl didn't answer, she thought that it would be better if she just showed him. She put Blossom down and opened her case. She took the stone, brushed it a bit and then got down and gave the stone to Blossom. The pokemon started emitting light and started growing. When the light faded a newly pokemon sat before their eyes. It was a Sunflora, the evolved form of Sunkern and as it names suggested it looked like a sunflower.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Sunflora!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"You finally evolved!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Now you two will get even more stronger."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Yup we intend to…we'll even beat you after some hard training."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I'll be waiting for that battle." David smiled.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"So where are you heading next?" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Our next stop is Fallarbor Town."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Really? We're going there too. Would it be ok if we come with you?" the girl asked in a soft voice.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Of course." David said as he turned away and started walking on the path quickly followed by Adeline and Sunflora…[/FONT]

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Warren was feeling completely confused by the time he reached Meteor Falls. Amos had been explaining more about their way of life on the way over and most of it seemed completely insane. They only used electricity in Pokéballs, washed in streams and ate nothing that they didn't find growing on bushes by the side of the trail. And yet, most of them were experienced battlers and several badges to their name. Amos himself had competed in a league in Johto, back when he was in his prime. Warren had always taken battling to a simple affair, at least on the surface. Whoever has the strongest Pokémon and the best strategy wins. You train Pokémon to be stronger by fighting, and winning. Sure, he knew it was important to get on ok with your team, but these hippies took it way further. Most kept just one Pokémon, so as to strengthen the bond with that partner, and many kept them outside of their Pokéballs, either prowling alongside, riding on shoulders or flying overhead. Amos himself had only kept his Lapras in its Pokéball because it couldn't move about otherwise.

Warren let out a long yawn and Amos looked over at him, chuckling.

"I hope you're not falling asleep. You need to be awake at midnight." Warren yawned again.

"I wish you'd just tell me what's going on." The old man smiled.

"Trust me, it will be more exciting as a surprise."

A few minutes later, Warren was feeling his way blindly along the walls of the main tunnel in pitch blackness. It had been dark outside, but in the caves there was next to no light. Warren felt the people around him slow to a stop and did the same, wincing as a bright light flared in front of him, searing his retinas. His vision quickly cleared to show one of the hippies holding a flaming torch in his outstretched hand. Warren couldn't help smiling. Old-fashioned barely covered it, really. The man holding the torch turned to Warren and nodded towards the way they'd been heading, holding a finger to his lips to indicate silence. With the light, Warren could see that the tunnel was opening into a wide cavern and he could hear something familiar – rushing water. The cave up ahead must contain one of the main falls that had given the caves their name. Stepping forwards quietly with the rest of the group, Warren stared out into the darkness, but the torch was only bright enough to light the immediate area and all he could see was the faint glint of water a few hundred metres away. The group seemed to be heading in that direction, so Warren stuck with them, but sidled over to Joshua, opening his mouth to ask what was happening. Before he could, though, the young boy elbowed him and made a shushing noise. Warren growled angrily and Joshua quickly added:

"Trust me, just be quiet for a few minutes. They won't come out if you scare them." Warren almost asked who 'they' were, but thought that might not count as keeping quiet. So he continued to walk towards the waterfall and river in the centre of the cavern, realising as he did so that the light was not just coming from their torch, but also from a large, roughly circular hole in the roof, through which the pale silver moonlight was streaming down onto the water, giving the whole cavern an almost magical glitter, the gray glow contrasting with their own flickering yellow light. The group came to a halt at the side of the river, close enough to the waterfall that Warren could feel the spray from it on his face. Then, as he squinted at the falls, something seemed to move inside. Warren swallowed as the movement suddenly amplified and a lot more things, whatever they were, began to stir. He glanced down at Joshua, but the boy just smiled and nodded calmly. So this must be what they'd come here to see. Then, with a blue glow illuminating the water, the falls parted and a swarm of shadows flew through the gap. Warren gasped as he noticed the rocky skin and crescent shape. Lunatone. But to see such a huge group was unheard of. Amazed, Warren watched as the Pokémon swirled through the moonlight, flying by virtue of their psychic powers, leaving a glowing blue trail behind them. Using these trails, they created massive, complex patterns which disappeared as quickly as they formed. Sensing movement next to him, Warren turned to see a few of the group stepping forwards, Amos at the front. The Lunatone slowed in their dancing and most shied away, but a few drifted forwards. The old man reached forwards and rested his hand lightly on the face of one of the Pokémon. It dipped slightly, as if nodding, then turned to the rest of the Lunatone. The ones who had retreated rejoined the others, once more continuing to wheel and cavort through the air. Warren looked down questioningly at Joshua, who explained:

"Grandfather considers it rude to spy on them without them being aware of our presence. They're very peaceful creatures, though, so they're normally happy for us to watch their dancing." Warren frowned. That made sense, sort of, at least in the weird logic of Terra Firma.

"But what's it all about anyway?" Joshua shrugged.

"I'm not sure. I think it's something to do with the way they draw power from the moon. The dance is meant to be how they give thanks to the moon." Warren scratched his head. The Pokémon here were just as weird as the people. Gradually, the Lunatone's dance took them closer and closer to the ceiling, before finally they flew straight at the circular opening, funnelling out within seconds. Once more, the cavern was empty and still. Warren let out a long breath he didn't even realise he had been holding as Amos turned to him.

"I hope you will agree that it was worth staying up for." Warren nodded.

"Yeah, it was pretty cool. But, like, isn't it kinda late now?" Amos chuckled.

"Indeed it is. Here is as good a place to set up camp as any. We shall be staying with the Lunatone for a day or two, but I expect you will be travelling on?" Warren yawned as he nodded again.

"Yeah. I need to keep going." The old man smiled.

"I understand. We can say our goodbyes in the morning." With that, he turned to the rest of his group, who were beginning to set up tents and campfires. Warren cast one last look over the cavern before joining them and, for a second, a silhouette seemed to flash between a few of the rocks. Warren blinked, but it didn't reappear. Brushing it off as a trick of the flickering torchlight, Warren turned back to the camp.

slls81

Years
    @Romdinner - Glad to see Adeline finally got her Sun Stone. Thanks for putting so much effort into catching up, I think you're back up to speed already :)

Congratulations Beautifly grew to Level 18

@I Laugh At Your Misfortune - Great post. I like the contrast between Warren's views and those of the Terra Firma, makes for interesting reading. :) I'm also interested to see what, if anything, the silhouette mentioned at the end of the post will belong to...

King!

better
    Years
    Chapter 1: Starting Out Safe Part 2

Spinarak was thrown backwards into the air, landing on his back in the dirt. "What the heck was that?" Henry asked, looking around.

"How am I supposed to know?" Sharon snapped, running to help her Pokemon. Henry muttered something under his breath, probably some sort of insult. "Are you okay, Silk?" The spider was slowly getting up, more shaken by shock than pain. It made a tiny chattering noise, looking around. "It could be anywhere…whatever it is…"

"There!" Henry suddenly exclaimed, pointing at a rustling in the grass a few yards away. It had come from the sky at first…

"Be ready this time, Silky," Sharon said, glancing at the spider. He was still pretty tiny, not very scary looking at all, even for a spider. And if the thing in the bushes could FLY, that usually meant it was a flying type, which wasn't good for the bug Pokemon. Oh well… It was getting closer, anyways.

The blue thing burst from the bushes, rushing towards the four of them, its tiny beak glowing red. It was surprisingly tiny, light blue with white, cloud-like wings on either side of its round body. Two tiny talons were stuck to the bottom of it, and a few stray feathers stuck up on its head. It would probably have been cute, if it weren't so angry, charging at them over and over, thrusting out with its beak. And it was coming at them fast. "Silk, use Scary Face to slow it down!" The spider jumped around, flashing the markings on its back to the angry bird. The wild Pokemon slowed a little, but only for a second, before charging again. "Oh shoot… SPINARAK TURN BACK AROUND!" Too slow. The bird rammed into Silk: once, twice, three times. The spider flew backwards once more, sliding to Sharon's feet. He quickly hopped up and hissed at the bird, which had stopped and was floating, flapping its wings.

"That was a Fury Attack! I knew that there were Swablu out here!" Henry said excitedly, looking from the bird to his electronic Pokedex. Lila was drooling in his backpack, her hands held together.

"Thank you, Mr. Pokedex," Sharon said, rolling her eyes. "Silk, Poison Sting!" The spider stepped forward and shot dozens of tiny purple pellets at the Swablu. The other Pokemon flew back into the grass, the poison not reaching it, which rustled for a moment before going still. "Oh shoot…" Henry, Silk, and Sharon looked around warily, waiting for the attack… But after a few minutes, nothing had come.

"Maybe it went away…" Henry suggested, putting his Pokedex in his pocket.

"Yeah, probably. Silk, return!" In a flash of red, the Spinarak was returned to its Pokeball, which Sharon was about to return to her pocket when out of nowhere came a flash of blue, snatching the orb from her hand. "STUPID ANIMAL!" Sharon yelled, looking around for where the Swablu had gone. "That's my Pokemon you birdbrain!" No response…apparently, insults wouldn't do anything to the bird.

"There," Henry whispered, pointing to a patch of rustling grass. Sharon fingered the three Pokeballs left in her pocket. There was Spoink, but she wasn't much of a battler… Shroomish was weak to flying, which left Slugma. She grabbed the fire Pokemon's ball from her pocket and tossed it into the air, releasing the blob onto the grass.

"Let's find that b-" All of a sudden the Swablu burst from the batch opposite the rustling one, flying at them from behind. As the three of them spun around, Sharon considered throwing her brother at the Pokemon before deciding that if she ever wanted to leave the house again, it probably wasn't a bright idea. Instead, she ordered Slugma to use Rock Throw.

The wild Swablu squawked as a rock, coming from nowhere, slammed into its head, causing it to crash to the ground. Silk's pokeball rolled from its mouth, stopping inches away from Slugma. Sharon lunged for it, diving to the ground to stop the bird, who was already getting up from the ground, from taking it. Unfortunately, Sharon landed a couple of feet away from the ball, falling on her face and smacking into the dirt. Henry screamed about something behind her, and, dizzy as she was from the fall, she didn't miss the OTHER blue blur flying from the rustling patch of grass and scooping up her Pokemon's pokeball. It chirped loudly and flew up above the group, the pokeball in its talons. The OTHER Swablu had picked itself off the ground as well, its left wing crumpled a little. Sharon didn't notice, however, and ordered Slugma to use Yawn on the Swablu hovering with her pokeball. The Swablu's head cocked to the side a little, and it wondered why the Slugma looked like it wanted to swallow her. Then it's eyes drooped as it fell from the sky, dropping the pokeball with it.

Sharon cheered, clapping her hands. "But, Sharon, what about-"

"SHUT UP HENRY I'M WINNING NOW SEE?" Just then, the other Swablu, who was very much awake, slammed into Slugma, causing them both to tumble into the tall grass.

"Oh…"

"Told you so."

"Oh be quiet. What do I do now?"

"Sorry I can't help you, I'm shutting up remember?" Henry said smugly.

"Jerk…" Slugma was somewhere in the bushes, and the other Swablu was slowly waking up, and would probably bite her hand off if she reached for the Pokeball now. It wouldn't be safe unless they were both dead. From the rustling grass came a bubbling sound, and then Slugma flew from them, hitting the ground and spreading out. The Swablu that had defeated it flew from the bushes after, but on its wings. So now there was two of them. "Well if there are two of you…" Sharon reached for her two remaining pokeballs, praying silently that they wouldn't fail like her other two.

"Shroomish, Spoink, let's go!" The green mushroom and tiny pig popped form their Pokeballs, eager to fight after doing nothing for so long. The Swablus shot glances at each other and looked as if they were grinning, chattering in their evil bird tongue about the cruel things they were going to do to her Pokemon. "Stun Spore and Psybeam, guys!" Sharon ordered. Her Pokemon took action, stepping forward. Spoink let out a wave of light, sending it towards the two birds, while a yellow powder erupted from Shroomish body and flew towards the Swablus. One started flapping its wings rapidly, blowing the dust back towards Shroomish, while the other flew high up into the air, causing Spoink's Psybeam to hit nothing but empty space.

"Sharon, I think they're planning something," Henry said, his eyes following the Swablu who'd flown off into the sky. Sharon ignored him, running for where her pokeball lie in the grass. She had just reached it and was bending to pick it down when: "SHARON YOU IDIOT!" The Swablu slammed into her side, sending her flying through the air and landing, sprawled out, in the cold dirt. Henry gasped in horror as the other bird flew down and grabbed Spoink, who despite his cries and squeals, couldn't do much. Shroomish stood awkwardly, wondering what he could do. It was a disaster. Henry's brain worked quick, his eyes looking for something he could do…

"Lemme geet da wormies, 'Enri!" Lila shouted from his bag. Worms…? He looked to the ground and saw not worms, but rocks: dozens of them. Grinning, he bent down and picked up the biggest one he could find. Cranking up his arm, he stepped back and flung the rock – just as the remaining Swablu pecked at Shroomish, throwing him onto his back.
    But the rock did its job: it slammed into one of the Swablu's with a crunch, and Spoink came falling down from the sky, along with Silk's pokeball. Henry ran to catch something, anything – but he didn't have to. Suddenly, Spoink, Slugma, and Shroomish had all disappeared, a red light flashing across the dirty clearing. Henry looked up in shock and watched as a taller girl with a long brown braid walked over to him, picking up Silk's pokeball from the ground.

"Amazing how much these things can take, huh? They really ARE making them tough these days," she said. Her voice was surprisingly deep.

"How did you…what did you..?" was all Henry could manage. The girl giggled.

"Never mind that. We'd better get out of here, incase more of those things come back. And you're sister should probably get some rest…" She handed Henry the four pokeballs, and he stuffed them in his pockets. "I'm Lanette, by the way." Lanette…it seemed familiar. They walked over two where Sharon was lying on the ground, knocked out. "Guess those Swablu really did take out the whole team, huh?" She giggled at her joke. "Better make sure it doesn't happen again when that thing wakes up." She tossed a Pokeball at the Swablu that was lying in the dirt, a bruise visible on its stomach from the rock.

slls81

Years
    @King! - Well that was certainly an... interesting post. The sibling dynamic between Henry and Sharon is certainly, well, something :P It will be interesting to see how that develops. Hopefully Sharon will be able to get back into the swing of being a pokemon trainer over the next few posts, as she seems a bit out of step atm :P

Anyway, here's the interesting bit...

Congratulations Sharon (?) caught a Level 11 Swablu

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    OOC: No way this RP is dying just yet ;) Sorry it's been a while since I posted, hopefully this will make up for it.

Warren woke up to an eerie silence. Slowly raising his head and looking from side to side, Warren saw the rest of the group still sleeping quietly on the ground. It was still late. So what had woken him up? Tilting his head, Warren listened carefully. Nobody speaking, nothing moving, no loud noises at all. Then Warren froze. No loud noises. Why couldn't he hear the rushing noise of Meteor Falls? Quietly turning around and staggering to his feet, Warren gawped in amazement towards the spray of water. As if by magic, the stream had slowed to a halt and frozen, in midair. With a growing sense of dread, Warren stepped towards the cliff face. Now he got closer, he could see that the water was in fact not frozen - just hanging still, glowing faintly blue, just as it had done when the Lunatone had flown through the cave. That same cave now loomed in front of him, dark and foreboding. With a gulp, Warren stepped forwards, hands dropping to his belt, ready to grab a Pokéball if necessary. Moving into the dark, he opened his eyes as wide as possible, willing himself to see something in the pitch black. Then, without warning, something shifted in front of him. He froze, but then recoiled back a second later as the person turned on a torch, temporarily blinding him. Desperately blinking to try and clear his sight, Warren squinted at the person in front of him, frowning as they came into focus.

"Guy?" The scowling face in front of him momentarily switched to a look of surprise. Warren noticed what appeared to be a small metal claw resting on Guy's shoulder, glaring at him with a single red eye.

"Warren. We really should stop running into other like this." He lowered the torch and turned around as Warren continued to stare at him, before stepping further into the cave and bending down to inspect something in a rocky hollow on the floor, dropping a large brown sack on the floor next to him. Warren growled.

"You gonna tell me what you're doing there, Guy?" Guy shrugged.

"Maybe. Maybe not." He held the bag open and began to reach into the hole, pulling out what looked like large, oval rocks. Warren only realised what they were when he saw the red markings on them. Reaching forwards, he grabbed the bag away from Guy, who spun around angrily.

"No way. You are not just going to steal those eggs and walk out of here." Guy chuckled.

"Of course not. And you'll stop me, because it's not like you need me on your side right now or anything." His smile faded.

"Face it, Warren. I'm your only lead. So either shut up and leave, or the deal's off." Warren paused, clenching and unclenching his fists.

"Then I guess the deal's off." Guy froze, then looked Warren dead in the eye.

"What?"

"I'm not going to become just as bad as Team Magma and Aqua to get my team back. Morally gray is one thing, but this is just wrong. Besides..." He slipped his hand into his pocket and pulled out the Magma membership card.

"I've got my own lead now. I don't need to associate myself with scum like you anymore." Guy scowled viciously.

"Fine then. I guess I'd better get rid of you." Warren glared back.

"You just try it. There's no way I'm letting you get away with this. This has been a long time coming. Useless, come on!" The small tree leapt forwards as Warren threw the Pokéball. It charged at Guy, but the Beldum on his shoulder darted in front of its master and the two Pokémon clashed fiercely, striking at each other with heavy blows. For a second, they leapt back and both Warren and Guy took the opportunity to shout orders.

"Take Down!"

"Low Kick!"

The two combatants leapt forwards again and Beldum lashed out wildly towards Useless. But the Bonsly spun over its head, lashing out with its foot to drive the Beldum into the ground, face first. It struggled back into the air, but Useless struck again before it could rise and it collapsed in the dust. Behind them, the flow of water resumed as the Pokémon holding it back slipped in unconsciousness. Warren grinned, looking up at Guy.

"No way you're getting away with this. We're going to take you out!" Guy smirked.

"Of course. Trust me, that Beldum is worthless anyway. Nuzleaf, go!" He threw another Pokéball as he returned the Beldum, releasing a squat, vaguely humanoid Pokémon with a long nose and a leaf sprouting from the top of its head.

"Low Kick again, Useless!" The bonsai charged, but the Nuzleaf simply crouched and placed a hand on the ground. Instantly, a glowing green shoot sprouted from the earth, wrapping itself around Useless's foot and bringing it crashing to the ground.

"Energy Ball!" Before Useless could dodge, the Nuzleaf summoned a green glowing ball between its hands and launched it straight at its foes face, sending it skidding backwards along the ground. Warren returned the unconscious Bonsly, then ducked, yelling in shock as Nuzleaf launched another attack at him. The Energy Ball smashed harmlessly on the wall behind him and warren looked up angrily at guy, who just sniggered.

"Are you going to leave now?"

"Like hell I am! Silver, go!" The wolf shot forwards, charging as soon as it was freed.

"Bite!" Caught off guard, Nuzleaf squealed as Silver sank its teeth into its forearm, batting it off and stumbling back.

"Razor Leaf, now!"

"Howl!" The plant Pokémon flicked its head, sending a flurry of razor sharp leaves at Silver, but the Poochyena stood and took the blows, howling madly in anger and pain.

"Now, Tackle!" Pumped up by aggression and sheer bloodlust, Silver shot forwards, throwing the Nuzleaf into a wall. It bounced off, collapsing in the dust and Warren grinned in triumph and glee. The fast pace of the battle was getting him properly pumped up.

"Ditto, Transform!" Guy threw his next Pokéball and Warren caught just a glimpse of pink goo before it was gone, replaced by dark fur. In a second, there stood not one but two Poochyena in the cave, glaring at each other.

"Bite!"

"Bite!"

The two wolves clashed in the middle of the cave, clawing and snapping at each other. In seconds, Warren had no idea which was Silver and which was Ditto, nor which one was winning. Both had taken some heavy hits and were panting heavily. Then, with a long, loud howl, one of the Poochyena leapt forwards, barging the other one hard and leaping on top of it. The lesser wolf batted at its assailant with its paws, but the victor ignored the weak blows, then ducked down and snapped its jaws tight around the neck of its victim. Warren winced, but instead of meeting fur and flesh, the teeth snapped into viscous pink jelly. Ditto crawled back, oozing gently, before collapsing into a puddle. Guy returned it, snarling viciously as Warren grinned at Silver. This was it - the chance he'd been waiting for to show Guy that he was just as tough as him. Tougher, even. No more deals and no more double-crossing. Just two rivals, fighting to prove who was best.

"Croagunk, take down that wolf! Mud Slap!" Warren snapped his attention back to the battle as a large blue frog emerged, spraying mud at Silver, blinding it temporarily.

"Tackle him!" The Poochyena charged, clipping the toad but not doing any serious harm. Croagunk turned, then drew back its arm.

"Revenge!" As Silver desperately tried to clear its vision, Croagunk swung its fist forwards, driving it into Silvers face and felling the wolf with one quick swipe. Warren growled, returning the wolf and releasing Violet.

"Now you're going down, Guy! Confusion!" Croagunk was sent flying back as Violet raised her hands, but scrambled back to its feet, breathing heavily.

"Faint Attack!"

"Double Team!" Croagunk shot forwards, wrapped in dark energies, but Violet split into four separate copies and the toad's fists met nothing but air. It lashed out twice more, but destroyed only the copies. Violet backed up towards a wall, grinning. Warren paused, then smiled as he realised her plan.

"Headbutt!" Lowering its arms, Croagunk leapt forwards, head down, but Violet closed her eyes and dematerialised, instantly teleporting back to Warren's side. Croagunk smashed headfirst into the wall and fell to the ground, groaning. Guy returned it, immediately throwing his next Pokéball.

"Vespiquen, go!" Warren blanched as the huge bee, nearly as tall as him, materialised in front of Violet and flew forwards.

"Confusion!"

"Bug Bite!"

Violet pushed back as Vespiquen flew forwards, but although it slowed, the bug kept going and bit down hard on the Ralts's helmet, tossing it to the ground. Violet struggled back up, concentrating her Confusion on the surrounding rocks this time. They flew forwards, but Guy just smirked.

"Defend Order!" A cloud of tiny insects swarmed out of the bottom of Vespiquen's dress, absorbing the rocks and dropping them to the ground. Hundreds were squashed and killed, but the remainder returned home, ready to defend once more as Violet growled, annoyed at her failed attack.

"Gust!" Vespiquen began to beat its wings rapidly and Warren had to grab onto a rock to prevent himself from being blown off his feet. Violet was tossed through the air, landing hard on the ground. Warren returned her, then quickly threw another Pokéball, releasing the huge blue whale that was Cannonball. Slightly confused, he just grinned at the gust blowing in his face - strong enough to lift Violet, but nowhere near powerful enough to even bother him.

"Water Gun!"

"Defend Order!" The remaining troops rematerialised in front of their queen, but the whale unleashed a powerful attack which smashed through them and struck Vespiquen hard, driving it into the wall. Nursing its injuries, it stepped forwards, then fired a rainbow-coloured beam from the jewel on its head. Cannonball rocked backwards, blinking its eyes, dazed by the Confuse Ray and Warren swore.

"Rollout! Come on, just concentrate!" Cannonball tucked its flippers and tail in, closed its eyes and rolled forwards at top speed. In the narrow cave, Vespiquen had no chance of dodging, but Cannonball was too dazed to stop and both Pokémon flew into the wall, then collapsed, unconscious. The two trainers returned their Pokémon, then locked eyes.

"Cuddles!"

"Houndoom!" The two fighters appeared in the middle of the cave and Warren crossed his fingers. He had faith in Cuddles, but there was no escaping the fact that Houndoom was a more seasoned battler and probably had more powerful moves. He had to hit it hard and fast.

"Fury Swipes, top speed!" The bear dashed forwards, claws flashing, and the dog winced as it was scratched across the nose, but quickly responded with a savage bite with caught Cuddles's ear. Whipping its head around, it sent the bear flying through the air, squealing loudly. Spinning, Cuddles landed on all fours, ignoring its pain and looked to Warren for an order.

"Lick it!"

"Thunder Fang!" The two Pokémon both attacked and Cuddles landed his blow first, swiping the wolf across the face with its tongue. But as it spun, the Houndoom bit down, closing its teeth on the same ear and sending sparks flying through the bear's body. Both of them stumbled back in pain, eyeing each other with undisguised hatred matched only by that of their trainers.

"Ember now!"

"Dodge, and Fake Tears!" Houndoom spat flames at Cuddles, but it ducked behind a rock, then stuck its head back over the top, eyes watering convincingly. Houndoom barked with laughter, firing off more flames which Cuddles narrowly avoided.

"Ok, try Leer this time!" Cuddles glared at Houndoom again, but this time it was with sheer malevolence and Houndoom flinched momentarily. It was the opening they needed.

"Faint Attack, then Scratch!" The bear shot forwards almost instantly, too fast to be seen, and struck hard at Houndoom. It reeled back, only to be caught by a vicious scratch. Warren smiled. This fight was his now. Houndoom was too hurt and too tired to take down Cuddles.

"Smog!" Taken unawares, both Cuddles and Warren snapped their eyes shut against the stinging smoke, coughing and hacking. Slowly, it cleared, to reveal the two of them, alone. Warren spun around, but there was no sign of Houndoom or Guy. Warren swore loudly. He knew he should be glad that he'd chased off Guy and shown him who was boss, but he was just angry that he'd been denied the chance to win properly. He turned back to Cuddles, who was sitting against the wall of the cave, worn out.

"Nice fighting there, runt. He bent down to check the bear's ear. It looked a bit chewed up, but nothing life-threatening. Then, without warning, the sound of the waterfall faded once more. Warren spun around to see Amos standing there. Floating next to him in the stream was his Lapras. From the blue glow in its eyes, Warren could tell that it was the one holding back the falls. The trainer stepped forwards and opened his mouth to speak, but Amos raised a hand.

"No." There was such cold anger behind that single word that Warren stopped in his tracks. What was going on? Then he followed Amos's gaze, over his shoulder, to where Guy had dropped the sack of Lunatone eggs. One could be seen right now, poking out, with its markings clearly visible. Warren turned back to the old man.

"This isn't what it looks like. I-" Amos spat on the ground and Warren stopped again.

"Do not lie to me anymore, Warren. I thought we had found a friend in you, but it seems that you are just as bad as those you claim to be against – if not worse. "

"But-"

"No!" For the third time, Warren stopped mid-sentence.

"Anything you say now will only make this worse Warren. Now, Joshua saw you as a friend and I do not wish to upset him, so I will make this offer. Leave now. Do not speak to us again. Do not come back. We will be heading south after this, so I suggest you go the other way. If we meet again, you will be our enemy. Now go, before I make you leave by force!" Warren stepped forwards.

"Please, just listen to me!"

"Go!" With that, Lapras spat out a warning shot of ice, which grazed Warren's head, leaving an intense feeling of cold. Head down and heart racing, Warren raced for the cave entrance and sped up the nearest tunnel he could find out of the central cavern, leaving behind the people who had almost been his friends. Guy would pay for this.

slls81

Years
    @I Laugh At Your Misfortune - Yay, postage :) Nice post, Guy has certainly accumulated an interesting team since we last saw him. Only Warren could save a bunch of Lunatone eggs and get sent away with such disdain. I'm quite sorry that we won't be seeing Amos and his friends again, as they were interesting characters for sure.

Congratulations Bonsly (Useless) grew to Level 15 and learned Rock Throw
    Congratulations Poochyena (Silver) grew to Level 15
    Congratulations Ralts (Silver) grew to Level 19
    Congratulations Teddiursa (Cuddles) grew to Level 16

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Team 2.0

"Thank God for that!" Kliff said aloud when he was certain both pokeballs had stopped moving on the ground. Each one dissapeared with a glow, back to Maples. However instead of initial dissapointment, Kliff smiled.

"C'mon! Let's get going!" He said back to Lauren, before retrieving Gella and Pan, then following the path with a spring in his step.

"Okay, okay! What's the sudden hurry?"

"I've now got three new pokemon to use! I want to get to Fallarbor Town as soon as possible! That and it's, what, 11:30 at night or something?" Kliff replied, still walking forwards.

Lauren took quicker steps in order to keep up with Kliff, "I guess so. Thing is, who else are you going to replace?"

"Well..." Kliff began. Actually, he hadn't thought about that much. Before, he would have had no qualms in switching pokemon in and out of teams. But now that he had actually spent time with each of them...

"I'm not sure." he eventually replied.

"Really?" said Lauren, "Well then you'll have to make up your mind soon. Besides, Zangoose and Seviper could already be causing a fuss wherever they've gone as we speak.

Kliff's eyes snapped wide open, "Oh man..." The trainer suddenly began running the rest of the way. Lauren, caught by surprise followed behind, trying to ask Kliff what was going on. He couldn't hear her properly, though he didn't try and take it in. He had to get to Fallarbor Town, and get in touch with Maple fast before something happened.

The bridge shuddered as Kliff pelted his legs off of it, now a stone's throw away from the town. He quickly spotted the iconic red roof, charging for it and almost bursting inside. He managed to slow himself a bit as he grabbed the nearest transfer system and turned it on.

"C'mon..." Kliff said to himself, "Please tell me they didn't get loose..."

The screen flashed into operation, and Maple appeared, "Oh Kliff, I had a feeling it was you." Her hair looked slightly ruffled, and her eyes heavy. She must have been tired, it was late after all.

"Professor," Kliff said, panting between words, "did you get them... the other two?"

"I did - are you okay?"

"I ran here incase they-"

"Started causing havoc here?" Maple laughed, "I'm not a Professor for nothing you know, I didn't let them out at the same time."

Kliff sighed in relief, finally relaxing in his chair.

"I also see you got an egg? Somebody likes getting pokemon!"

"Yea," Kliff said, bringing out his six currently occupied pokeballs onto the desk, "Okay, I'd like Lotad, Zangoose and Seviper back please. I'll just decide who I'm sending back."

"No problem Kliff! I'll go and prepare them for transfer, you take your time."

"Okay..." Kliff began thinking. Gella was his strongest pokemon (and his first), so she was safe. Scale showed huge potential, able to hit hard. Plus he was a dragon, so he stayed. That left one more to keep out of Zabe, Tok, Baker and Pan. Tok was a hassle from the get-go, so she could go to Maple. Also, he felt Zabe and Pan were pretty similar in terms of fighting style, so out of those two, Pan went (what with Zabe's immunities).

Zabe or Baker. Kliff took his time over this one compared to the others. Zabe wasn't weak to anything, but Baker's attacks were a lot stronger. Plus Kliff needed a fire-type, as they're always useful.

"Are you ready to transfer Kliff?" Maple's voice snapped the trainer back to reality,

"Yea. I'm sending you Tok, Pan and Zabe - a Togepi, Sandshrew and Sableye, if you prefer."

In the transfer drawer, the three pokeballs Kliff placed there were 'sucked' into the system with what looked like electrical energy. In their places, three different balls appeared. And with that, the transfer was done.

"Thanks Kliff. I'll take good care of your pokemon. Plus now I'll be able to study more pokemon outside the Kanto region. I can't wait!"

"No problem Professor, thanks again!" With that, the computer screen went black, just as Lauren made her way into the centre, panting heavily,

"I thought I'd lost you in that field you dummy!" she said with a hint of annoyance, "Even when I got here I couldn't find this place straight away."

"And that's my fault how?"

"Whatever," Lauren replied, "I'll get a room, you heal your pokemon. Oh by the way, who did you replace?"

"Tok, Zabe and Pan."

"Aww I liked your Togepi. Pan was sweet too. Can't say so much for the other one, he was creepy."

Kliff waited at the desk as his new team were being seen to while Lauren got a room for the two to stay. He took this opportunity to come up with nicknames for his new pokemon.

Colo (Lotad), Viper (Seviper) and Zoose (Zangoose) sounded about right.

[Sorry if you thought I was dead xD I should be posting a bit more now since the whole 'Black and White' thing is calming down :D]

slls81

Years
    @Zeph - Nice to see you back :) Nice post, some tough decisions there for Kliff. I think three switches in a team at once is a new record for this RP, so congrats on that :) I'll go and update the OOC thread for you.

Kliff switched Togepi (Tok) for Lotad (Colo)
    Kliff switched Sableye (Zabe) for Seviper (Viper)
    Kliff switched Sandshrew (Pan) for Zangoose (Zoose)

King!

better
    Years
    (OOC: Okay, I know it's short but I promised one and I have to babysit in like ten minutes so here's the first part. Nothing really happened anyways so, yeah.)
    Chapter 2: Beauty of the Beast Part 1

"I…I think she moved a little?"

"Oh, great!"

"Yeah…great, all right."

Sharon could definitely identify the voice of her brother…but who was the other one? A girl, for sure. She brushed her hands over her face before turning around. Slowly, she opened her eyes. She was lying on her side, for some reason. And she was in the messiest room she had ever seen in her life. Books and papers were thrown about everywhere. Metal parts and tools were scattered throughout the room, and there were several large pieces of complicated looking technology. It was even messier than her OWN room, and that was hard to do.

"Oh look, she's up!" the voice she didn't know exclaimed. Sitting upright, Sharon saw it belonged to a woman who looked to be in her late twenties, her brown hair going everywhere, and her long legs striding towards her. Sharon blinked her eyes and stared as the girl stuck out a hand and said, "I'm Lanette. Nice to meet you!"

"Oh…uh, hello," Sharon mumbled, taking the girls hand. She glanced around the room for her brother and found him sitting at a desk, Lila in his lap. Lanette thrust something spherical into Sharon's hands.

"Here, take this, I have a bunch of these already, living next door to them and stuff. But be careful, they may look cute, but they're feisty little things." What was she talking about?

"Uh…what?" Lanette giggled.

"It's the Pokemon that knocked YOU out, silly!" Oh, right. THAT was what must have happened. It was coming back to her now. The tall grass, the two birds, all of her Pokemon…

"Oh, thanks." Standing now, Sharon shoved the ball in her pocket, and looked around the whole room. It wasn't too big, probably twice the size of her own bedroom, which wasn't that large. Squeezed into a corner of the room was a little green bed, a dresser on the wall next to it. In the corner diagonal from the bed was a refrigerator and a few cupboards. The rest of the room was covered in the books, papers, computers, and a couple of tables and desks. It was surprisingly a lot to hold in such a small space.

"Don't worry, it isn't the first time that's happened. Those darned birds cause trouble all the time around here." She offered Sharon a seat at the other desk. "What were you three doing out here, anyways?"

"Well…um…that's a long story," Sharon answered. For some reason, 'We were trying to meet last year's Pokemon League Runner Up' didn't sound like something to say to a grown woman. But Lanette just chuckled.

"Well, it's gonna be getting dark pretty soon. You should head back home soon." She smiled. "But first…" She walked over to the middle of the room, where a big, round glass case sat on one of the tables. It was lit from the top and bottom, and very bright. "I've been doing a little research on these…" She beckoned for Sharon and Henry to come look. The two of them stood and walked over to the case. Squinting, they peered inside. Inside sat several white, round, head-sized ovular objects – eggs. Henry gasped.

"Whoa…" he whispered, his face pressed up against the glass. Lanette grinned.

"Like I was saying, I've been conducting some research on Pokemon eggs. Why they hatch, what conditions they hatch under, and that sort of thing. But it's kind of hard to test all the eggs at once, so I've been handing them out to trainers passing through here. Would you like one?"

"Yes!" Henry and Sharon shouted in unison. Sharon glared at him, and saw his pleading eyes staring at me. Ugh… On the one hand, she wanted an egg. But Henry didn't have any Pokemon, and Mom would probably make her give it to him anyways. She rolled her eyes, but kept her mouth shut. Henry grinned up at Lanette, who chuckled.

"Okay, you ca-" All of a sudden, Lanette's pocket started playing a catchy tune. She grunted and pulled a cell phone swiftly from her pocket, opening it and holding it to her ear. "Yes? Oh, okay. Yeah, I'll be right there. Uh-huh. No, don't drop it. NO, DON'T EAT IT EITHER! Yes, bye." She hung up and grunted again. "Sorry, I'm going to have to go." She was obviously bothered now. "Feel free to take one egg. One. And have a safe trip home."

"Oh, all right," Sharon said, wondering what whoever had called wasn't supposed to…eat. Lanette reached into her other pocket, pulled out a tiny white card and handed it to Sharon. On it was a picture of Lanette's head, along with her name and phone number. Then the older girl quickly ran out of her tiny lab. "Well," Sharon started, turning to Henry. "That was awkward. Come on, we'd better get home before Mom has a fit." Henry nodded, staring in wonder at the head-sized egg he held in his hand. Sharon couldn't help but to smile. Scooping up their things (and their sister), the two left the cabin and returned to Route 114.

They had walked for a little while when they heard shouting coming from up ahead. Sharon glanced at Henry and shrugged. It was coming from the river… And it sounded like trouble. Suddenly, there was a giant, high-pitched screech. The two of them picked up the pace a bit, wondering what could be happening that could make such an awful noise. The noise didn't stop, instead it got louder as the got closer: until finally the broker through the grass and onto the bridge. In front of them, on the bridge, were two men with red caps and jackets, with big belts full of supplies, and two very tall fishing poles.

"Magikarp is way better than your stupid fish!" one of the fishermen shouted.

"Oh Feebas eats Magikarp for breakfast!" the other one exclaimed (giving Sharon a rather awkward mental image). The fishermen took a step closer to each other, growling. It was here that Sharon, looking down to watch their feet move, noticed two fish flopping on the wood at the fishermen's feet. She gasped. One of them was brown, covered in tan spots, with blue lips and big, ugly eyes. The other was orange and equally disgusting. What the heck? She cleared her throat, and the two men jumped, turning over to look at her.

"If you ask me," she said, pointing at the fish. "They're both incredibly ugly. I mean, come on. What is a stupid fish going to do to me?" She threw her hands in the air and shouted, "HELP, HELP, I'M BEING FLOPPED ON BY AN UGLY FISH!" Henry, who was equally intrigued by the fishermen, giggled. The fishermen just stared at her. One of them started to tremble, while the other whispered,

"What…did you say…about my Feebas?"

"Oh, that's what you call it? If I were the scientist, I would've called it...hmm…something along the lines of 'Attractively Challenged'. But that's just me." She was started to grin, fighting back the urge to laugh. She wasn't smiling for long, though, because right after the words left her mouth, both fishermen roared and charged forward.

"HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY POKEMON?" they cried, rushing towards Sharon.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Gathered by a storm

The darkness of the night enveloped the entire area, David and Adeline being guided by the moon's light. The wind was blowing strong and some clouds made their way near the moon. David was walking in front of Adeline as they were going down a rocky path, to make sure that the route was safe and steady. The rocky area looked like it would never end, the two were tired of the same view: rocks in the cave and rocks outside…..it was more than enough.

"So do you live in Fallarbor Town?" David said as he offered his hand to help Adeline get down from a rock.

"Yes I live with my parents there but I recently started my journey as a coordinator." She said giving a smile.

"That sounds great..and do you think you're a good coordinator so far?"

"Well he have some weak points on which we have to improve but I think we're pretty good so far."

"That means we'll soon have a battle right?"

"First let's find a place to sleep and then we'll see what happens." The girl said rushing in front of him with her hand at her back.

"Is Sunflora your only pokemon?" he said rushing to catch up with Adeline.

"Nope …I also have a Marill at home, my first pokemon."

"And how come it isn't with you?"

"I left it home as we learned a new move and left it to rest. Sunflora watched us how we trained and saw how determined Marill was and so it wanted to become stronger so we started training and now thought it was time for it to evolve."

"I understand."

"And what's your reason for traveling?"

"I'm aiming on conquering the Hoenn league and stopping Team Magma."

"That's amazing…..aiming for two goals at the same time….you'll have a hard time but I'm sure you'll come through."

"Yup. I have faith in my pokemon….as long as we're together nothing can stop us."

The two continued walking until finally the rocks started fading and patches of grass started filling the view in front of them. The atmosphere became more calm and relaxing as they walked on the fresh grass . The wind started blowing even harder and in a matter of seconds the few clouds that were near the moon turned into a huge cloud covering up the moon and a big part of the sky above the two travelers. David looked up and something wet touched the tip of his nose…..and then his forehead…… his cheek. Drops of water were falling from the sky quicker and quicker.

"Let's find shelter!" David shouted.

"Who would have thought that it would rain so heavily?" as she started running as fast as she could with her hands above her head just like David.

"That's mother-nature……….I think I see a bit of light up ahead, let's hurry and see."

The two ran as fast as they could until finally reaching a house. David knocked on the door not even looking at how the house looked…..who would blame him….it was raining for crying out loud. It was a medium sized house with only one floor and looked like it had no more than four rooms. The walls where white with two French windows in front. The roof was tiled in red. At the windows there were some flower pots that now were enjoying the pleasant shower that they were taking due to the rain. The room behind the door suddenly lit up and a pair of feet were heard coming towards the door. With a quick gesture the door opened and now David and Adeline were facing, what looked like, a 28-30 year old woman that had her hair in a ponytail. Her eyes were brown just like her hair and she was wearing a lab coat, having one of her hands (obvious the one which she wasn't holding the door) in one of her pockets.

"Ow my…enter…quick …quick…" the woman affirmed as she saw the two travelers all soaked.

"Thanks for letting us in." Adeline said as she entered.

"It's no biggie…it's a pleasure to have company once in a while as this place is usually not very traveled. By the way my name is Lanette."

"I'm David and this is Adeline."

"What wonderful names you have….so tell me what are two little lovebirds doing out at such a late hour?"

David and Adeline looked at each other and started blushing. As they realized that their face was turning red they turned around not to let the other one see how the redness was filling their cheeks.

"Were not lovebirds!" David mumbled.

"Yup, we just met today in the cave." she said as she was playing with a piece of her hair.

" Is that so…well you would have made such a great couple." she said as she turned away and walked towards the kitchen , inviting David and Adeline along with her.

The two were as blushed as they could be….. they made their way into the kitchen not even looking at each other , taking a sit at the table: David near the door and Adeline near the window. Lanette opened a cupboard and took one kettle and two cups. Put some water in the kettle and let it on the oven to heat up.

"Until the tea is ready I'll go get you some towels to dry up." Were her word as she left the room.

She came with two towels and gave them to David and Adeline. In a matter of minutes the two were all dried up and a cup of tea was waiting for them on the table.

"You're very kind….thank you for letting us stay here until the rain passes.' David said after he took a sip of tea.

"It's nothing dear, make yourself comfortable."

"So what are you doing here, so far away from the city?"

"Well I'm a professor and came here to do my work in peace. It's here where I developed the PC system all of you are using."

"That's amazing….I always wondered who was responsible for this." Adeline burst.

"Amazing indeed."

"It's good to see that my work is appreciated. But how about you? What are you doing out in the middle of the night?"

"Well we had a little bit of problems in the Meteor Falls cave and when we got out it was pitch black."

"I understand…"and just as she wanted to continue her sentence her face lit up…"You're trainers aren't you?"

"Yes we are."

"Then come with me in my lab, I have something special for you."

David and Adeline looked at each other amazed (the first time since they entered the house) and with no choice but to go they got up and followed the professor.

"I had a few errors with the system a couple of days ago , but it doesn't matter I got it fixed , the important part is that while the system was down I got stuck with a bunch of pokemon eggs and don't know what to do with them. Wouldn't you like to take one and take care of it? She said as she opened the door to her lab and pointed to a desk that had a lot of pokemon eggs on it. Each egg was sealed in a glass container to protect it from harm.

"Wow of course I'll take one." David cried being amazed at seeing, for the first time in his life a pokemon egg.

"Aren't they wonderful?" David asked Adel.

"Yes they are, it's so thrilling waiting to see what pokemon will hatch from it."

"I see that you are keen on my offer so go ahead pick one." Lanette said with a big smile.

David let Adel pick first. The girl went for the one in the middle. She picked it up and happily gazed at it as she let David make his choice. David didn't know what to pick as there were a lot of eggs , but after looking at each one, the he picked the second egg form the left side of the room.

"Now you take good care of it and in no time it will hatch."

"We promise!"

"Yes, we'll do our best."

"I think you'll have to spend the night here, the rain will take a while." Lanette said as she looked outside.

"Adeline you can use the guest room and David can sleep on the couch."

With that said Adeline and David went to their designated sleeping spaces but just as Adeline opened the door to her room two birds flew into the living room flying all over the place. David pulled out his pokedex and looked at the two creatures while Lanette was trying to calm them down.

" Swablu the Cotton Bird Pokemon : A POKéMON that has wings like cottony clouds. After enduring winter, in which little food is available, SWABLU flocks move closer to towns in the spring."

"They might have got stuck in the house earlier today while I left the door opened. Help me try to calm them down."

David pulled out a pokeball from his belt and called out Beautifly.

"Beautifly use Stun Spore on the two Swablus."

A yellow powder came out of its wings as it was flapping them around. The two Swablu got paralyzed and fell down on the couch. The professor went in the kitchen to get what looked like some berries.

"We're not going to hurt you so stay calm….. here take these Cherry berries so you can move again." Handing out two reddish berries.

The two Swablus were frightened at first but eventually one of them took a bite out of the berry and then the other one. In a few seconds the birds could move their wings and sat quietly on the couch looking at Lanette , Adeline and David that were around them.

"I think their stuck here until the storm passes."

"Yes indeed, they'll have to spend the night here. Is that ok with you guys? "

"Swab..Swablu!" the two birds said in agreement.

"Here take this Adeline and feed the other one." David said as he took some pokemon food from his backpack and went to feed the Swablu on the left side of the couch.

The two birds were enjoying their treat. Beautifly quickly came on David's shoulder as it wanted to get some food as well.

"Here... one for you and one for you." David said as he was switching between Beautifly and Swablu.

After a while all of them got tired so they decided to go to sleep. Adeline said goodnight to all and took her egg and stuff and went towards her room. Just as she wanted to close the door, the Swablu she fed flew into her room and landed on her bed.

"So that means you're sleeping with me." She said as she looked into the living room and saw that David was on the couch with Beautifly on his head, Swablu on his shoulder and the egg in his hands.

Adeline took her PJs on and went to sleep with Swablu in one arm and the egg in the other. The professor turned off the light in the living room and went into her lab to do some night research. Outside, the storm was still covering the whole sky and the wind was blowing harder and harder…..

slls81

Years
    Nice to see this picking up again :)

@King - Nice to see you back :) 'Attractively Challenged'... Sharon's sure knows how to hand out the insults :P

@Romdinner - Nice post, can you state in the OOC thread which egg David has selected :)

Congratulations David recieved an Egg

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Egg-napped

A drop fell of a leaf and dived into a pond that had formed on the ground in front of Lanette's house. The sun was shining once again after the powerful storm that just passed. Some pieces of glass were next to the pond reflecting the sun's rays. In the house all things were silent…..the professor was asleep in her lab with her head on the desk. She fell asleep while trying to improve some features to her system. David was asleep as well on the couch with a pillow on his face and Beautifly now at his feet. The silence was the same in Adeline's room. The sun's rays made their way on Adeline's cheeks and then her eyes. She lifted her hand and put it in front of her eyes.

"Morning already !?!?"

But with those words said she felt a chill on her spine. She looked at her hands and there was nothing….she looked in the bed, under the pillow but still nothing, then she got up and searched all over the room. She opened the door and ran into the living room. Adeline was now in front of David and fell on her knees. As she hit the ground David woke up and saw Adeline on the floor.

"What's the matter?" he said alarmed.

"The eggs are gone…..I don't know where…I searched everywhere…..but I can't find my egg and yours is gone as well. "

"You're right!!!!" he said as he scanned the whole room.

"The birds are gone as well!"

"Yup the one in my room is gone as well…." she said as she went back into the room.

"Adeline look again all over the place while I go tell Lanette."

"Alright."

David ran towards Lanette's lab and knocked on the door. There was no response… …so he decided to enter. He saw the professor sleeping on the desk with one hand under her head and one falling down to the ground, so he tried to wake her up.

"Professor…..professor." were his words as he gently pulled her arm.

"Zzzzz…Zzzzz."

"PROFESSOR!!!"

"WHAT?? WHERE??.....Oh David what's wrong?"

"The eggs are gone….we can't find them."

"But they are on the table… look ….just were we left them when you and Adeline picked one." she said as she looked on the table where all the eggs were.

"Not THOSE….the ones we picked….the eggs just vanished."

"That's terrible….have you searched everywhere?" Lanette said as she put her hand at her mouth in shock.

"Yes …Adeline is searching again but I doubt they are in the house."

David and Lanette went into the living room were Adeline was sitting. It was very strange how the eggs disappeared, they didn't grow legs and ran away, the doors had been closed and there was no sign of forced entry.

"Wait a minute something is missing……where are the two Swablu from last night?"

"Yes they're gone too." Adeline said.

"Hey look at this….seems that the two Swablu escaped through here (due to the pile of feathers stuck in the window). Look…this part of the window is broken." he said pointing at a piece of glass that was missing from the window next to the door.

"Don't tell me?"

"I'm afraid it's true ...the little two escaped and took our eggs with them."

"But why? The eggs are surely not of their species."

"Maybe they're not as cute and innocent as we thought."

" I can't believe this happened."

"Well we'll just have to find out for ourselves. Lanette do you know a place near, were Swablu are found? "

"Let me check my database."

"Ok. I and Adeline will get changed and prepare to leave. Beautifly get into your peokeball."

So things were put in motion. In a couple of minutes David and Adeline were ready to leave, they were waiting for the professor to come. As they were waiting Adeline told David that she forgot something and ran into the kitchen. Meanwhile Lanette came with a map in her hand. She told David that she marked on the map three places were Swablu are usually spotted in this area: one was just at the edge of the rocky path leading to Meteor Falls, one was where a tall oak tree was just 15 minutes from Lanette's house and one was far away towards Fallarbour town near the river. After examining the map, Adeline came saying that she's ready now. With that they went out and thanked Lanette for her kindness and her help and left to find their eggs.

"Wingull come out." were David's words as he threw a pokeball into the air.

"So where are we heading first?"

"Well I think we should head for the oak tree as it is closest to us and Wingull should fly over back to the edge of the rocky path leading to Meteor Falls as it can fly fast and spot if our eggs and Swablu are there. In this way we will save time if that wasn't the place where the Swablu are."

"Good thinking."

"So you heard the plan Wingull, let's get moving."

"Wing….Wingull."

Wingull flew up high and in a matter of seconds it was far ….heading towards the cave. Adeline and David went in their direction in a fast pace as they were concerned about the safety of the eggs. They felt really bad as they just got them and already lost them… or more correctly …. were stolen from them, but nonetheless they felt guilt for not being able to keep them safe. Walking on they could see the oak tree and some birds flying above it. At the sight of the flying beings they started running as fast as they could, but when they reached the tree they were disappointed, the bird that they saw were a bunch of Taillow that apparently just stopped for a rest here in the tree.

"I was so sure that we would find our eggs." Adeline said in a calm voice looking at the ground as she dropped a tear.

"It's ok. We still have two places to check, we'll definitely find them , we won't stop until the eggs are safe again in our arms." were David's words as he lifted Adeline's head and wiped off her tears.

"Wingulllllll!!!!" a cry came from above Adeline and David.

Wingull came back and landed on David's shoulder with her head down. David realized that she didn't find anything but comforted her that she did a great job and that even if she didn't find anything now they don't have to walk all the way back. Wingull felt better and was pumped to find the two Swablu.

"Ok so we have one place left and we're lucky…..it's on our path to Fallarbour town. It's next to the bridge that crosses the river."

"Then let's get moving…"

And with that said Adeline and David went back to the path followed by Wingull. The scenery was a mixture between grass and rocky terrain. A few trees now and then on the path. As they were walking David saw that Adeline was feeling sad but was trying to hide it every time David looked at her, using a fake smile, but you could easily see her true feelings through it.

"We'll get there soon and in no time we'll get the eggs back."

"Yup but I can't help worrying….I mean they're just two helpless pokemon eggs."

"They're not helpless….they have got two determined owners on their way." he said smiling towards Adeline.

"Yes your right." smiling back…this time with her true and beautiful smile.

As they walked Wingull shouted as it went in front a bit to scout the area. That was a sign that the river was just in front. David took Adeline's hand and started running towards the river. At the sight of the bridge they stopped in their path. It was a bridge made entirely out of wood with four high logs with ropes tied from one to the other on the other side to make walking on it more safely and to have something to grab on. On each log there was a nest and in front of the bridge there was a sign. David went closer and read the sign "Swablu Bridge".

"Oh.. so the nests on the logs are Swablu nests."

"Yup….David look up there....there are the two Swablu." she said pointing at the log on the other side of the bridge in which the two Swablu were.

"You're right and look they are sitting on the eggs as well. Let's get them."

The two ran onto the bridge but when they reached the middle of it the two Swablu flew from their nest and started pecking on David and Adeline.

"Wingull use Supersonic on the two Swablu. Adeline shut your ears."

Wingull quickly launched a Supersonic which forced the two Swablu to fall back if they didn't want to get confused. The two bird were fast so they easily dodged the attack. After Adeline and David were out of harm David threw a pokeball in the air and called out Numel, then turned over to Adeline and whispered something into her ear.

"Got it!" she replied in a soft voice and took a few steps back.

"Numel …Wingull focus, this well be a tough one."

But just as David finished his word the two Swablu went flying, one towards Numel and one towards Wingull and launched a powerful Fury Attack. The two Swablu were close of landing the attacks but just as they were about to hit, David shouted.

"Wingull use Water Gun…Numel Ember ."

The Swablu kept pecking the stream of water and the other one the stream of ember trying to make their way to Wingull and Numel, but this didn't scare David as he knew it was just a matter of time until the Swablu will get tired and get hit. The two Swablu got hit and were sent back, flying and hitting the ground.

"Now Wingull use Wing Attack….. Numel you use Tackle."

The two Swablu were on the ground. Wingull and Numel launched their attack and were running towards their designated target but just as they were about to hit, the two birds got on their feet and flew up in the sky.

"Wingull you can still hit it …follow Swablu."

And with that said Wingull changed its direction and went straight for one of the Swablu hitting it hard and sending it flying even harder. The Swablu got really angry, they were angry that David dared to face them, these Swablu were no ordinary ones. Swablu usually tend to be more calm and sweet but these ones were the opposite. They were sneaky, bad and quick tempered. The two Swablu used Take Down and smashed into Numel and Wingull sending them in different parts of the bridge. David was amazed of how fast the two Swablu reacted, they had a great speed that was sure.

"Wingull use Wing attack on Swablu and you Numel use Tackle."

The two Swablu looked at each other and knew what they had to do…it was the same scenario as earlier. Wingull was heading towards Swablu at great speed but now that Swablu was on guard it wouldn't fall again for the same attack, this time the other Swablu was watching Numel from a great distance as the fire pokemon was rushing to use Tackle, but it knew that even if Numel got near it, Numel wouldn't jump that high to land the attack. Wingull was getting close and Swablu was just about to evade the attack but David surprised the bird…

"Wingull change target!!!"

The Swablu that was just about to evade was stunned when Wingull flew over it and went for the other Swablu which was focused on Numel. It kept watching Wingull to make sure it wouldn't change course again.

"Numel….Ember on the other one!"

David fooled the two birds by doing a switch between targets. When the birds realized what just happened it was too late. Wingull hit the bird with a powerful Wing Attack and the other bird was hit by Ember. The Swablus got even angrier than before, they couldn't imagine somebody beating them. One of them opened its mouth and started creating a little, strange, light blue ball. In a matter of seconds a beam of ice was heading towards Wingull.

"Wingull dodge the Ice Beam."

Wingull dodged the Ice Beam just by a hair, but Swablu didn't give up so easily, it started chasing Wingull around the bridge. Swablu shot another Ice Beam but Wingull turned left at one of the logs and instead of the water bird being hit the log belonging to the bridge got frozen solid. The Swablu on the ground was looking angry at Numel and launched a Take Down. The one in the air was gaining speed and was getting close to Wingull so it launched another Ice Beam and this time just when Numel was hit to the ground one of Wingull's wings got frozen so it feel down. As Numel and Wingull were sitting on the ground, almost next to each other , the Swablu that just hit Numel flew up and dived towards the two pokemon. Its wings turned to silver and were sparkling as Swablu was coming down. Numel and Wingull were hit by Swablu's Steel Wing as they didn't have enough time to respond.

"Guys I know you can do it…..Numel get up and use Ember to free Wingull's wing."

Numel got up on its feet and ran to Wingull, which also got on its feet. It opened its mouth and used Ember to melt the ice. Now Wingull was free to fly again. Just as the two recovered from the earlier attack, one Swablu launched an Ice Beam at the two pokemon , not leaving them time even to breath.

"Wingull let's play a little bit of hide and seek….use Mist."

The place started to be covered in mist…..the two Swablu couldn't see neither Wingull nor Numel, they couldn't even see themselves.

"Numel use Ember…..Wingull use Water Gun!"

Numel and Wingull went near the two Swablu just as the mist started to fill the place. Numel was under one of the birds and Wingull was above the other one. Both of them launched their attacks like to pillars…one of fire that was heading up and one of water that was coming down. The two Swablu didn't know what hit them. They got badly injured and were sent flying in the direction their pillar was going.

"Now use your attacks again on the other bird."

As one bird was falling Numel used Ember again and sent it back up while Wingull sent the other one down with a Water Gun. The two birds collided and were sent down hitting the ground. The mist was starting to clear away leaving behind two birds on the ground.

"I got them David just as we planned." Adeline said from the other side of the bridge.

"God job…I knew you could do it."

Earlier David whispered to Adeline that when he'll tell Wingull to use mist she should try and make her way around the battle field and get the eggs from the nest. All this time David tried to distract the two Swablu's attention and make them focus only on Numel and Wingull and forget about the eggs. At the sight that the eggs were in safe hands the too Swablu got mad as hell, they somehow got up on their feet. They knew that they wouldn't last for much long so they decided that if they had to go down they should take Wingull and Numel with them. The two Swablu started singing a spellbinding song.

"Watch out that's Perish Song…..you're pokemon will faint after a short while!" Adel shouted.

But it was too late the song ended and the move had been made. The two Swablu gathered their strength and flew up and started attacking wildly. One Swablu went for Numel and the other for Wingull. The two Swablu used Peck, Fury Attack and Take Down on David's pokemon but because they were so tired, Wingull and Numel dodged them easily. After that the two Swablu flied in their nest and now had a big grin on their face…..the end was coming.

"You are very sneaky and you think you can win by any means but you forgot one thing………Wingull and Numel are trained pokemon which means they have a trainer…..me….which means they have a pokeball…..and guess what? PERISH SONG IS NULIFIED IF THE POKEMON AFFECTED RETURN TO THEIR POKEBALLS." David said with a confident look getting two pokeballs from his belt and calling Wingull and Numel back.

The two Swablu couldn't believe their eyes……they were outsmarted by a human. When David's pokemon got in their pokeballs the two Swablu closed their eyes and fell into the nest unconscious.

"YOU DID IT!!!!" the girl said handing David's egg.

"Nope…WE did it." David said smiling.

slls81

Years
    Hey guys, sorry about the delay in replying to this. Exams are approaching, and are pretty much monopolising my time at the moment. However, this should only be the case for another 8 days, as the worst of it will be over :)

@Romdinner - Nice to see David and Adeline managed to get their eggs back. Good move from David at the end there to outsmart the wild Swablu :)

Congratulations Numel grew to Level 13
    Congratulations Wingull grew to Level 19 and learned Water Pulse

Back