• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
Years
  • Kayla walked out of the Granite cave with a massive grin on her face. With a new pokemon, an Aron, in her team, she could beat Brawley and earn her second badge! She walked along the golden sand towards the town, taking off her sneakers to let the crystal clear waves lap over her feet. The sun beat down on her, warming her up comfortably.

As she walked, Kayla reflected the last few weeks. In a short space of time, she had come to Hoenn with her Psyduck Anatra, and already they had successfully won their first badge off Roxanne in Rustboro City. Then she had recieved her free egg and boarded the ferry to Dewford, to challenge Brawley. And now she had caught herself a fine new friend, Ferro the Aron, in Granite Cave. She was developing quite finely.

She reached the outskirts of town and headed for the PokeMart to get some supplies for the upcoming battle. As she entered, she passed a group of kids dancing a very stupid looking jig and singing 'Your Mum! Your Mum!'. Ten minutes later she walked out of the store with five potions. Time to go to the Pokemon Center.

"Hello there!" smiled Nurse Joy from behind the counter. "It looks like we've been up to some adventure." She took the Pokeballs from Kayla and put them in a machine.

"Yes, I caught a new Pokemon in the Granite Cave." replied Kayla. "Could I have a room for the night? I have a big day tomorrow. That Gym leader, Brawley, is going down!" She grinned and put her Pokemon back on her belt.

"Well, good luck!" Nurse Joy handed her the room key and Kayla walked up the stairs close to the wall up to her room. It was a pretty neat room, she thought. She set her pack down on the floor, careful of the Egg inside, and let out her Pokemon. In a flash of white light, Anatra and Ferro were standing in front of her.

"Psy!" said Anatra, greeting their new friend. Ferro replied with his own little cry and started running around the room, anticipating the adventures to come. "Calm down guys, we have a huge fight tomorrow. Fill up your bellies and get some sleep!" Kayla said as she lay out some Pokemon food. Then she took the Egg out of her pack and lay down on the bed. As she lay there, reflecting on the day's work, she slowly but surely fell asleep.

A sharp jolt in her arms roused Kayla, she murmered something along the lines of, "But I don't like potatoes..." and started drifting back to sleep. Another jolt woke her up completely. It was the Egg! Kayla could see small cracks in the top and realised that it was about to hatch. She ran down to the lobby with Anatra and Ferro in persuit and found Nurse Joy, who laid out some cushions and put the Egg on top. Then they both watched as it shuddered and rolled around, the cracks getting bigger and bigger...

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • @Blue Trainer - Sorry Sign Up's for this RP are full, as is quite clearly stated in the first post

@perfectmonster - Welcome to the RP :) Nice introduction post.

As Kayla looked on the egg continued to shudder more and more violently egg, before exploding into a bright light; which was harsh against Kayla's eyes, which were still bleary from her long sleep. Kayla momentarily looked away from the bright glare, and when she looked back she was faced with a small, round, pink pokemon with what looked like a tuft of hair on top of its head....

Congratulations Kayla hatched a Level 1 Igglybuff

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    (OOC: Actually, that wasn't really meant to be a battle, I thought I had to do something to have Zurill level up, so I just did that...)

Miles and the boy had went to the Pokemon Arena on the ferry, with other trainers busy battling or watching other battles. Miles and the boy found an empty battlefield and they walked into it.

"How about a double battle?" The boy called over to Miles who was on the other side of the battlefield.

"Sure, no problem," Miles said.

The boy smirked and said, "Well, let's start then!" With that, the boy pulled out two pokeballs and threw them towards the field. One of the pokemon was a gray and blue fish pokemon and the other looked like a bug pokemon.

Miles heard his pokedex beep for the fish pokemon, "Barboach, a water/ground type. It coats its entire body with a slimy fluid so it can squirm and slip away if grabbed."

Then, for the bug-looking pokemon, it beeped, "Nincada, a bug/ground type. It grows underground, sensing its surroundings using antennae instead of its virtually blind eyes."

Miles pulled out a pokeball, saying, "Let's go!" He threw the pokeball, releasing Zigzagoon onto the arena. He looked over at Zurill who was looking around the arena and the other pokemon with great intrest. "Zurill, can you help Zigzagoon?" Zurill looked over at Miles and let out a happy "Azu!!" and waddled over to Zigzagoon who let out a "Zagoon" at her, probably saying hello.

The boy snorted, saying "You're using a baby pokemon against me...? How lame!! Alright Nincada, use Scratch on that Azurill and Barboach, use Mud-Slap on Zigzagoon!!"

Nincada charged toward Zurill with its pincer-legs and Barboach began to flop its way towards Zigzagoon. Zurill stared with wide eyes as Nincada came closer towards her, and Miles yelled, "Zigzagoon, use Headbutt on Nincada!!"

Zigzagoon let out a bark, then charged towards Nincada and bashed Nincada with his head, stopping Nincadas' attack. Nincada made a screeching sound in pain.

"Nincadaaa!!"

The Barboach still continued flopping towards Zigzagoon, and Miles yelled, "Zurill, Splash!!"

When the boy heard this, he snorted and said, "What's that supposed to do?!"

Miles just smiled and said, "Oh... nothing much... Just this!!"

Zurill had hopped on her tail, then, she sprung upwards using her tail like a spring, then, she landed on Barboach with her tail crushing it to the ground.

"Barboach!!"

The boys' mouth dropped, and Miles smiled and cheered, "Good job Zurill!!"

Zurill hopped off of Barboach, and let out a happy, "Azu!!" She looked like she was having a fun time.

The boy growled, then, he yelled, "Barboach, use Water Gun on Azurill!! Nincada, use Harden!"

Nincada had a green light gather around its body, making its defensive power stronger.

Then, Barboach flopped over towards Azurill and opened its mouth, a spray of water coming from its mouth hitting Zurill. Zurill let out a cry, and waddled backwards a few steps, suprised by the hit. She let out a sniffle, obviously upset from the hit.

Miles yelled, "Zigzagoon, use Tail Whip on Nincada, then use Tackle! Zurill, use Charm, then Mud-Slap on Barboach!!"

Zigzagoon ran towards Nincada and smacked his spikey, busky tail in Nincadas face, lowering its defenses that ahd just been raised, then tackled into it, making it screech in pain.

"Cadda!!"

Zurill wiggled her tail and gave a cute look towards Barboach, which caused it to stop flopping at stare at her for a few moments, then, she waddled over to it and slapped it in with some mud. the attack didn't seem to do much to Barboach however.

Miles thought, I guess a ground type move wouldn't work very well with a water/ground type...

The boy yelled, "Barboach, use Mud Slap on Zigzagoon! Nincada, use Leech-Life on Azurill!!"

Barboach flopped over to Zigzagoon, slapping it with some mud, causing Zigzagoon to bark in pain.

Nincada scuttled over to Azurill, then stung her, taking her health away and absorbing it. "Azu!!" She cried in pain.

Miles yelled, "Zigzagoon, use Headbutt on Barboach! Zurill, use Splash to get near Nincada, then Mud-Slap on Nincada!"

Zigzagoon ran and hit Barboach head-first, making it cry in pain.
    "Barbooach!!" It flopped away from Zigzagoon.

Zurill used her tail again as a spring and jumped towards Nincada, but when Zurill was about to slap it with mud, it scutteld out of the way of the attack, causing the mud to simply fall to the ground.

The boy smirked, then yelled, "Alright! Nincada, use Scratch on Azurill, Barboach, use Water Gun on Zigzagoon!"

Nincada scuttled towards Azurill, and slashed at her, causing her to stumble back and cry in pain.

"Azu!!" She cried.

"Zurill, use Mud-Slap while its close to you!!" Miles yelled.

Zurill slapped her tail towards Nincada, causing mud to appear and hit Nincada. The bug pokemon just made a screeching sound, shaking some mud off of its head, not really affected by the attack.

Meanwhile, Zigzagoon dodged a Water Gun attack from Barboach. It continued to use Water Gun repeatedly, but Zigzagoon just dodged all the attacks by zig-zagging, the water being sprayed all over the arenas' floor.
    Miles yelled, "Zigzagoon, use Headbutt!"

Zigzagoon dashed towards the fish pokemon, smacking it with its head, causing it to flop backwards a few feet from the blow.

"Barbo!!" It cried in pain.

The boy gave an annoyed looked and yelled, "Nincada, use Scracth on Azurill and Barboach, use Water Gun again on Zigzagoon!!"

As Barboach and Nincada started to get ready to attack Zurill and Zigzagoon, but then, Miles thought of an idea and smiled. He yelled, "Zigzagoon, start running around! Zurill, you use Splash!!"

The boy frowned and gave a confused look, unsure of what was going on, but Zigzagoon and Zurill had a faint idea of what it was.

Zurill bounced around using her tail, and Zigzagoon began to zig-zag around Nincada and Barboach. Both Barboach and Nincada were busy trying to hit Zigzagoon and Zurill, Barboachs' water guns simply spraying the floor wet and Nincada busy scuttling around, trying to find out where Zurill was going to land next so it could scratch her.

Miles yelled, "Alright Zurill, bounce right in front of Barboach!!"

Azurill bounced right by Barboach, causing it to flop in suprise. Nincada made a screech, then scuttled towards Zurill and Barboach, ready to slash Zurill with its pincers.

Then, Miles yelled, "Zurill, now!!"

The boy gave a confused look, not understanding what Miles meant, but then Zurill made an "Azu!!" and bounced away using her tail, and caused Nincada to accidently scratch Barboach instead. Barboach cried in pain, and Miles smiled.

Then, he yelled, "Now Zigzagoon, use Tackle on Barboach!!"

Zigzagoon dashed towards the flopping fish and tackled right into it, sending the fish flying a few feet away from the impact.

"Barboooach!!" Barboach cried in pain.

"Barboach, use-" the boy started, but couldn't finish because Miles yelled, "Now Zurill, use Splash on Barboach!!"

Zurill, still bouncing around, jumped down on Barboach with ehr round tail, making it cry in pain once again. The fish pokemon flopped back and forth for a few moments, then, made one final flop before falling to the ground, knocked out.

Miles smiled, they were on a roll now. He yelled, "Alright, Zurill, use Splash to bounce in the air! Zigzagoon, use Tail Whip to launch yourself into the air, then use your tail to smack Zurill!!"

The boy muttered, "What? Why are you going to attack your own pokemon?!"

Miles just smiled, and apparently, both Zurill and Zigzagoon knew what he was thinking because they followed his orders without hesitation.

Zurill sprung into the air using her tail, and Zigzagoon did the same, using Tail Whip to propel himmself upwards. When Zigzagoon reached Zurill, he smacked her with his tail to send her downwards towards Nincada at a fast rate, crashing down on the bug pokemon. It screeched in pain, and Zurill bounced away from Nincada while Zigzagoon was still in the air.

Miles smiled, and yelled, "Now Zigzagoon!! Use an aerial Headbutt on Nincada!!"

"Zigzagoooon!!!" Zigzagoon barked, as he plummeted downwards to meet his target.

Zigzagoon dived downwards, his head ready to connect with Nincada. Nincada couldn't dodge the attack because it could only see through the vibrations going through the ground. Then, Zigzagoon crashed into Nincada from the air, head-first, causing Nincada to let out one last horrible screech of pain, before it collapsed to the ground, it had fainted.

Miles cheered, along with Zurill who was bouncing around Zigzagoon who watched with amusement.

The boy had returned his pokemon, frowning in annoyance at his loss.

Then, the announcer of the ferry said, "Passengers, we are arriving in Slateport City in about 10 minutes. Please relax until we reach its' ports. Thank you for riding."

Miles smiled, glad that they had almost reached their destination. He returned Zurill and Zigzagoon, and went to the Pkemon Center to heal them and relax for the last few ten minutes before he would step onto solid ground again.

slls81

Years
  • @ Neku -
    (OOC: Actually, that wasn't really meant to be a battle, I thought I had to do something to have Zurill level up, so I just did that...)

Ah okay, no worries.

Anyway nice post, a double battle was a good way to introduce Azurill to battling. Very interesting use of Splash as well xD

Congratulations Zigzagoon grew to Level 13 and learned Sand Attack
    Congratulations Azurill (Zurill) grew to Level 4

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Miles stepped off the pier and stared in amazement at Slaterprt City.
    "Woow!" The city was big, bigger than Rustboro City, at least to Miles. He began to walk around the city, looking at all the buildings. There was a beach, some stalls in a market place, and some kind of mueseum. Miles didn't really care that much about the mueseum, so he decided to look around in the market.

Miles gazed at all the items on the stalls, some people pruchasing them and owners of the stalls trying to sell them. Miles haerd someone say, "Hey, kid! You a pokemon trainer?" Miles turned and saw a man in a stall with what looked like tiny discs with diffrent colors. Miles walked over saying, "Yeah, why?"

The man said, "Well, I have some TMs for sale. Want to buy one?"

The word TM puzzled Miles. "TM?"

The man noddded, saying, "Yeah, TMs, 'Technical Machines'. They have a certain move installed in one disc, then you can teach it to one of your pokemon, if they can learnit, of course."

Miles was pretty interested about the TMs, and he looked at the collection thoughtfully, trying to fnd one that he would want to teach one of his pokemon. He didn't find one that he was really interested in, so Miles told the owner thanks for telling him about TMs, then he left.
    Miles continued walking through the marketplace, then stopped when he felt teh pocket where he kept his pokeballs move. He pulled out the pokeball that was moving and Zurill emerged from it.

"Azu!!"

Miles smiled, and said, "Hey Zurill! We're in a new city now. Come on, let's go to the Pokemon Cent-" Miles couldn't finish however because just then something hit him in the back of the head. The object wasn't hard, but it surpised him.

"Oh!! there's my Azurill doll!" A girl squealed, ran over to the doll, picked it up and ran off.

Miles blinked, then he looked over to Zurill and said, "Well, that was weird, right Zurill? Now, let's go and-"

He stopped in mid-sentence when he realized that the 'Zurill' in front of him wasn't 'Zurill'...

It was a doll of an Azurill(Zurill).

Miles mouth hung open for a few moments, before he picked up the doll and yelled, "Little girl!! Little girl with the Azurill doll- I mean my Zurill, come back!! This is your doll!! Waaait!!"

Miles ran all over the market, asking people if they ahd seen a little girl with an Azurill do- Zurill. Sadly, they said they didn't. Miles groaned, holding the Azurill doll. "Oh, Zurill where are you...?" then, he stoped and stared at the doll for a few moments, then said, "Why do they make these thigns look so life-like?! It causes problems like this!!"

Zurills' POV

Zurill had no idea what was going on. All she wanted to do was to come out and see her trainer and walk around with him, and then, some girl had picked her up and ran off with her. She wasn't sure what she should do, but she hoped that her trainer would come and rescue her.
    The little girl who had her right now was giggling and busy talking about how happy she was about finally having a doll. Zurill wasn't really sure what that meant.

After a long while of being carried in thr arms of the girl who had taken her, Zurill thought she had seen her trainer. Excited, Zurill let out a loud, happy, "Azzu!!!!!"

This caused the girl to stop runnign around, and Zurill thought the girl might let her go. Unfortunatley, that wasn't the case.

"Oh my gosh!! You're real!! you came to life!!! Oh, wow!! This is soooo cool!!" The girl squealed.

Uh oh...

Miles POV

Miles thought he had heard a familiar, happy Zurill sound. "Zurill? Zurill, where are you," Miles yelled, hoping that Zurill might make more sounds so he could find her. Luckily, she did. He heard several, "Azu, Azurill"s.
    He ran to where he heard Zurill calling, and found the little girl hugging Zurill going on about how she had come to life. Miles walked over to the little girl and said, "Hey, sorry, but that's my Zurill. When your doll hit me, you took my Zurill instead, so can I please have her back?"

He expected the little girl to say "Yes!", but instead, she said, "No!"
    "Wait, what?" Miels said.

The girl said, "I don't think you're a trainer!! Let me see if you have any other pokemon, then, maybe, I'll let you have this Azurill that you say is yours!!"

Miles sighed, thsi was kind of difficult, but oh well, all he needed to do was bring out another one of his pokemon. He pulled out a pokeball, then pressed the button, releasing Taillow.

"Tai?"

The girl squealed, then started saying how cute Taillow was, then she let go of Zurill and Miles gave her her amazing-life-like-doll Azurill. Zurill waddled over to Miles, pretty happy that she was with him again.

When she left, and Zurill was now with Miles, Taillow gave Miles a look and squaked, "Tai?"

Miles said, "Oh, some little girl had a doll that looked exactly like Zurill, and she took Zurill by mistake when her doll hit me and...yeah..."

Taillow just squaked, "Tai." Miles guessed that that meant "Oh."

Miles pulled out Taillow and Zurills' pokeballs and returned them. Miles sighed, glad that that was over with. Then, he heard his stomach growl and realized he hadn't eaten anything since he was in Dewford.
    "I need food," Miles said to himmself, then set out for a restraunt.

Miles sighed, happy about the fact that his stomach was full of food. Slateports' food was pretty good. He strolled around the city for a bit, then he noticed the Pokemon Center.

Might as well go in, I'm pretty much done with everything else, Miles thought and walked into the Pokemon Center.

slls81

Years
  • @Naku - Haha nice post! Miles must have been worried sick! That Azurill is always getting herself into trouble... xD

The next route:
    Route 110

Number of Posts: 2-3

Description: A path that runs North from Slateport City to the entrance to Cycling Road. This short route is home to many types of wild pokémon.

What can you do in a Route?

Generally the main two things you can do on a route are capturing pokémon and battling trainers. You can do many other things, you know free will and all that... Anyways, you cannot meet any of the other RPers, and everyone have fun.

Wild Pokemon
    Commonly seen pokémon in this area

Zigzagoon
    Level: 9-12
    Type: Normal

Ability: Pick Up or Gluttony
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, Headbutt
    Nature: Random

Wingull
    Level: 9-12
    Type: Water/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Attacks: Water Gun

Uncommonly seen pokémon in this area
    Plusle
    Level: 7-11
    Type: Electric
    Ability: Plus
    Attacks: Growl, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack (Level 10)

Minun
    Level: 7-11
    Ability: Minus
    Attacks: Growl, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack (Level 10)

Rarely seen pokémon in the area
    Electrike
    Level: 6-10
    Ability: Static or Lightning Rod
    Attacks: Tackle, Thunder Wave, Leer (Level 9)

Gulpin
    Level: 6-10
    Type: Poison
    Ability: Liquid Ooze or Sticky Hold
    Attacks: Pound, Yawn, Poison Gas (Level 9)

Note - the title specifying the rarity of a pokémon refers to how hard a pokémon is to catch. i.e. a much better post is required to catch an uncommon pokémon than to catch a common pokémon.
    How I level the pokémon you're catching will depend on how good your post is. When you're trying to catch a pokémon, you cannot decide if you catch it. When trying to catch a pokémon you have to finish your post off when you throw the pokéball and wait for my response telling you if the capture was successful or not. You cannot continue until you know that it was caught. In battles, I will level up your pokémon depending on the quality of your battle post.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Miles exited the Pokemon Center after resting for awhile. "Let's see.... I Nurse Joy said that the next place I should go to is Route 110..."

Miles walked past the Pokemon Center and saw that the stone path of Slateport City stopped, and ahead grassy areas where pokemon lurked lay. "Guess I found it..."

Miles walked along the path. He heard a few rustles here and there in some grassy areas, but no pokemon had jumped out to encounter him yet. Miles stopped when he heard a low, growling sound. Miles took out a pokeball, and gazed at patches of grass scattered around him. The growling sound continued for a few more seconds, then, a green dog like creature with yellow stripes dashed out of the grass towards Miles. It snarled at him, then, a little electric wave shot towards Miles. Miles stepped back a few feet, avoiding the little sparks.

Just then, Miles pokedex beeped from his pocket, "Electrike, an electric type pokemon."

Miles looked at the green dog-like pokemon with intrest. "An electric type, huh...? That could be pretty useful to have on my team... Well, let's go, Zigzagoon!!"

"Zagoon!"

The little brown racoon emerged from his pokeball. The Electrike snarled at Zigzagoon, then tackled into Zigzagoon. Zigzagoon yelped in suprise from the hit. Electrike immediatley ran back to the spot where it was before, and continued to growl at Miles and Zigzagoon.

Miles yelled, "Zigzagoon, use Tackle!"

Zigzagoon barked, then dashed towards the Electrike, who was watching Zigzagoon intently as he came closer and closer, then, with a bark, Electrike made a small leap out of the way, dodging Zigzagoons' attack completley.

Miles frowned, then yelled, "Zigzagoon, use Tail Whip, then Tackle!"
    Zigzagoon dashed towards the Electrike, and smacked the green dog in the face with his spikey tail before it could dodge the attack. The dog-like pokemon yelped as its defense fell, then, Zigzagoon tackled into it, causing the Electrike to yelp in pain.

"Elec!!"

Electrike stumbled a bit, then glared at Zigzagoon in anger. Zigzagoon growled, then ran towards Zigagoon to use Tackle on him again, but Zigzagoon dashed out of the way, causing Electrikes' attack to miss.
    Miles yelled, "Zigzagoon, use Sand Attack!!"

Zigzagoon barked, then smacked his busy tail against the ground, kicking up sand into the Electrikes' eyes. Electrike barked in surpise, and started shaking its head furiously, trying to get the sand out of its eyes.

Miles smiled, now Electrikes' accuracy had decreased. However, that didn't seem to lessen the little dog pokemons' will to keep fighting.
    Electrike charged towards Zizgagoon again, and used Tackle on him. Zigzagoon yelped in pain, but Electrike wasn't done with his attack yet. Electrike circled around Zigzagoon while he was recovering from the tackle attack, and opened his mouth and clamped his teeth on Zigzagoons' bushy tail. Zigzagoon yelped in suprise, and then struggled to get away, but Electrike had his teeth clamped tightly on Zigzagoons' tail tightly, allowing no chance for him to escape.

"Zigzagoon!!" Miles yelled in alarm, but he knew that there was no way Zigzagoon woudl be able to escape the Electrikes' grip until it was done with its attack, but Zigzagoon still struglled to get away.

Then, the Electrike seemed to smirk, it was hard to tell though with Zigzagoons' bushy tail, but Miles was sure it was smirking, then small little electric sparks formed around its body.

Miles' eyes widened, and he yelled in alarm "Zigzagoon!!!"

But it was too late. The electric charge around Electrikes' body had went to Zigzagoon, his tail had been used as a conductor.

"Zigzagoooon!!"

Zigzagoon yelped in pain as the electric shock coursed through his body. Miles noticed that he seemed to flinch for a few moments, then stay in a tense position before struggling to get away from Electrikes' grip again.
    Miles heard his pokedex beep, "Thunder Wave, an electric attack that causes paralysis."

Oh no... Zizgagoons' paralysed, Miles thought.

Miles thoguht that the Electrike would finally let go of Zigzagoon, but it seemed to have other ideas. Electrike pulled his head to the side, causing Zigzagoon to slide along, then, it snapped his head to teh other side, letting go of Zizgagoons' tail causing him to go sliding into a patch of grassy area, yelping in suprise. The green dog was smirking, obviously thinking it was stronger than Zigzagoon. Then, it ran towards the spot in the patch of grass where ZIgzagoon had slid into and dissapeared in the tall grass.

Miles couldn't tell what was going on, but he heard several yelps and barks from both Zigzagoon and Electrike. He watched as the grass rustled closer and closer into the clearing, and Miles watched as Zizgagoon emerged from the grass, and Electrike followed close behind. Electrike barked, then jumped towards Zigzagoon.

"Zigzagoon, dodge it!!" Miles yelled.

"Zig..."

Zigzagoon flinched, and didn't move, the paralysis taking effect.

"Elec!!!!"

Electrike jumped on Zigzagoon, causing Zizgagoon to yelp in panic. They both tumbled around the clearing, and they stopped when Zizagoon was pinned to the ground by Electrike.

"Elec, Electrike!!"

Electrike smirked, thinking that it had the upper hand, but it was wrong.

Miles smiled, and yelled, "Zizgagoon, use Headbutt!!"

"Elec?"

Zizgagoon smirked this time, and cried, "Zizgagooon!!!" before bashing his head against Electrikes'. Electrike yelped in pain, and fell off of Zizgagoon. Zizgagoon jumped back on his feet.

"Elec...." Electrike growled. Eelctrike shook his head, recovering from the blow to its' head.

"Zaggon!!" Zigzagoon barked at Electrike, but he was panting heavily.
    Miles frowned, staring at Zigzagoon with worry. Zigzagoon was getting tried, and he was paralysed as well. He might not be able to last much longer... Maybe I should switch him out, Miles thought, but then, Zigzagoon let out a bark. Zigzagoon was staring intently at Miles, he didn't want to be called back yet. Miles sighed, but smiled, and said, "Fine, you can fight for a little while longer! But then, if you get tired, I'm calling you back!"

"Zagoon, Zig!!" Zigzagoon barked.

"Alright Zigzagoon, use Tackle!!" Miles yelled.

Zigzagoon dashed towards Electrike, but Eelctrike growled, and ran towards Zizgagoon, ready to use Tackle too.

Miles yelled, "Zigzagoon, start zig-zagging around Electrike to avoid its attack!!"

"Zagoon!"

Zigzagoon began to zig-zag around Electrike, causing ELectrike to stop its attack and look back and forth, left and right, trying to see when it could hit Zigzagoon. Then, Zigzagoon stopped zig-zagging. Electrike barked, then ran towards Zigzagoon to Tackle him, but then, Zizgagoon smirked and dashed out of the way, causing Electrike to miss, but then, Zigzagoon made a sharp turn around back towards Electrike, then he slapped his tail outwards towards Electrikes' legs, causing Electrike to fall to the ground.

"Elec!!" Electrike yelped in alarm, hitting the ground.

Zigzagoon smirked, obviously happy with humiliating the Electrike.
    "Alright Zigzagoon, use Tackle!" Miles yelled.

Zigzagoon barked, then dashed towards Electrike, ready to tackle into it. However, ELectrike leapt from the ground just as Zizgagoon got close to it, tehn got ready to use Tackle as well.

"Zigzagoon, dodge it quick!" Miles yelled.

Zigzagoon barekd in agreement, then turned to dash in another direction, but then Zizgagoon tensed up, paralyses taking effect once again. Electrike smirked, and barked in victory, and tackled right into Zizgagoon.

"Zagoon!"

Zigzagoon fell to the gorund, and Electrike got ready to hit Zizgagoon with another Tackle, but Mile spulled out Zigzagoons' pokeball and yelled, "Come back, Zigzagoon!!"

Zigzagoon was absorbed into teh pokeball, and Electrike growled in anger, annoyed that its prey had escaped him. It turned towards Miles and growled.

Miles ignored Electrike, and said, "You did a great job Zizgagoon. My next pokemon will take care of Electrike..." He put Zigzagoons pokeball into his pocket, then he pulled out a new one. He yelled, "Come on, let's go... Zurill!!"

She appeared from her pokeball, sitting on her tail.

"Azu, Azurill!!"

Electrike stared at Zurill fro a few moment, then made a snorting sound that Miles' thought was meant to be laughing.

Zurill didn't really seem to like Electrike laughing at her, so she waddled over to it and smacked her tail in its face. "Azu!!!"

Electrike growled in annoyance, and got ready to use a Tackle attack, but then Miles yelled, "Zurill, use Mud Slap!!"

Zurill slapped her tail towards Electrike, along with mud that materialized out of nowhere and hit Electrike right in the face. Electrike yelped in pain, the ground-type move working perfectly against it.

Electrike growled at Zurill, and ran twoards her to Tackle her, but she bounced away using her tail. Electriek growle din annoyance, and started chasing Zurill, but whenever it got close to her, she bounced away.

"Elec, Electrike!!" Electrike growled in annoyance.

"Alright Zurill, use Splash!" Miles yelled.

"Azu!!"

Zurill sprang into the air using her tail and then began to fall down towards Electrike, but Electrike stood waiting, then, it opened its mouth and caught Zurills' tail before she landed on him. Zurill cried in suprise, she was sitting on her tail however while Electrike kept its' teeth clamped firmly on her round tail.

Miles realized that ELectrike was going to use the same attack where it would use Thunder Wave and use Zurills' tail as a conductor, just as it ahd done with Zigzagoon. Miles thoguht fast, trying to think of a way fro Zurill to avoid the same attack, and he ahd an idea.

"Zurill, use Splash, and go as high as you can!!" Miles yelled.

Zurill gently bounced on ehr tial, still clamped in Electrikes' mouth, then she flew upwards, bringing Electrike along with her. Electrikes' eyes widened, and it began to kick its paws in the air, alarmed. It couldn't let go, or else it would fall a long way down, so its only hope was to hang onto Zurills' tail. That didn't seem to stop Electrikes' Thunder Wave attack for long though, because Miles noticed the same little sparks of electricity gather around its body. Zurill and Electrike began to descend towards the ground, and the electric sparks got closer to Zurills' tail.

Miles watched with anticipation, waiting to see what would happen. Then, he heard Zurill cry in pain. The Thunder Wave had hit her, but Electrike yelped in pain soon after.

Electrike had hit the ground hard, and Zurills' tail pushed it even further into the ground.

"E-Elec....!"

Zurill bounced off of Electrike onto ehr feet, and she stayed in a tense postiton for a few moments before she was able to move again. She was paralysed, just like Zigzagoon.

Miles thought for a moment, then he yelled, "Zurill, use Refresh!!"

Zurill had a shining light gather around her body, and she sighed happily, her paralysis healed completley. Electrike was struggling to get up from the ground.

"Elec..."

Miles yelled, "Alright, one more hit Zurill!! Use Mud-Slap again!!"

Zurill waddled over to Electrike and slapped it again with her tail and the mud that materialized out of nowhere, and it yelped in pain from the attack.

"Aliright! Now, let's catch it!!" Miles yelled.

He grabbed a pokeball and threw it towards Electrike, and both Miles and Zurill watched as they waited to see if they caught the wild Electrike...

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Vs. Pluse & Minun

"Right," Kliff said zipping his bag shut, "That should do it." He'd just spent about a half hour in the Pokemart browsing for things. He'd managed to pick up some of the essentials - Super Potions, Antidotes, Parlyz Heals etc. - and a few pokeballs just to keep topped up. Finding nothing else to do in Slateport, he hit the trail, heading north to Route 110.

It was nice to have a change of scenery. This route wasn't like any of the previous forest or water ones Kliff had seen before. The sun was also quite stronger here for some reason. As he walked, Kliff noticed that the Togepi doll had accidentally popped out of his bag and onto the ground,

He tutted, "Damn thing..." Reaching down to pick it up, he was interrupted by a small red and yellow creature who was already inspecting the thing. Kliff took out his pokedex and scanned the odd pokemon,

Plusle: the Cheering pokemon. It has the trait of cheering on its fellow Pokémon. By shorting out the electricity it releases from its paws, it creates pom-poms for cheering.

Kliff smirked, "You don't appear to be much..." he said unclipping a pokeball, "I'm not even sure if it's worth my time fighting you," He tossed the ball into the air and Tok burst out,

"Toki!"

Tok's happy nature was suddenly cut short when she noticed the Plusle with her doll...

"To-ki..." she growled, suprisingly sinister for a pokemon like her. Plusle coyly began to spin the doll about - dancing with it. Tok nearly spat in rage as she ran in for the rodent. Suddenly though, much to Kliff's surprise, her small hands began to glow blue and wave from side to side. Tok's eyes flashed and her head suddenly began to glow energetically blue. She smashed her skull into Plusle, knocking the small pokemon several feet away. Kliff's jaw dropped to the floor,

"That was... Zen Headbutt..." he uttered before his pokedex beeped,

"It was actually Metronome. It allows the user to use any pokemon move at ransom. Lucky for you it was Zen Headbutt..."

"Wow... that's actually cool," Kliff said, grinning, "Awesome Tok! Now use Charm!"

Tok did the same old thing with the winking and smiling, causing the recovering Plusle to shudder. Nonetheless, it darted into Tok like a bullet with great speed,

"It knows Quick Attack," Kliff mumbled, "Okay Tok! Mirror Move!" he called out.

"Prrrii!" Tok said menacingly as it pulled of the box manouver and ran for Plusle at great speed with a white trail following it. Plusle saw it coming, and jumped over the spike ball,

"Pllusssss..." Kliff tutted - it knew Growl aswell. This was going to be a nagging pain...

"Don't worry Tok! Use Metronome again!" Kliff said in anticipation. Tok waved her hands side to side before a stream of mud came hurling from her mouth. Kliff grinned - Mud Shot was very effective against electric types. Plusle was struck, being sent backwards by the force. It shook its head and turned towards the grass,

"Pluuuslllee!" it called out, emmiting small sparks from its body. There was a pause, and Kliff thought nothing of it. Then, however, there was a small rustle and another small rodent came tumbling out from the grass. Kliff nearly mistook it as another Plusle, but this one was different,

Minun: the Cheering pokemon. Minun loves to cheer on its partner in battle. It gives off sparks from its body while it is doing so. If its partner is in trouble, this Pokémon gives off increasing amounts of sparks.

Kliff just stood there, "...are you serious?" he said in disbelief, "What the hell are you things?!"

"Maiiii!" Minun cheered as it touched Plusle's small rail with its own. There were a number of sparks flying throught he air at contact, and Plusle jumped to its feet with new found energy. Kliff raised an eyebrow,

"Pluss!" Plusle cried as it got on all fours and rammed into Tok with Quick Attack, while Minun began to laugh and play with the Togepi doll.

Tok got to her feet, furious. She used Mirror Move, and ran in for Minun with Quick Attack. Minun, not paying attention, was hit and staggered back a little. Plusle began to dance about like a cheerleader and even formed two small pom-poms of electricity. Kliff laughed at the hopeless attempts of encouragememnt, however his amusement was cut short.

Minun, feeling replenished by Plusle's cheers, shot a small wave of electricity at Tok. The Togepi was covered in the electric jolts, muscles twitching as they coursed through her small body. Kliff sighed - it was Thunder Wave,

"Metronome!" Kliff called out, however Plusle struck first with Quick Attack, and even Minun managed to get a Growl attack in too. Tok, panting, used the unpredictable attack. She retreated into her shell, which flashed blue, and then popped back out, looking toughened up.

At least that Withdraw attack would heighten her defense - but she couldn't do this alone,

"Zabe! Help us out!" Kliff announced as he threw out Zabe's pokeball - technically it was a double battle, after all.

"Saaaableye!" Zabe cried as he appeared on the field. Plusle and Minun were taken aback by this strange new creature - but still ready for the challenge,

"Okay Zabe! Night Shade!" Kliff shouted. Zabe fired two black beams from its eyes and struck Minun head on, dealing some decent damage to the electric rodent. Plulse seized the chance and used Thunder Wave on Zabe, paralyzing it. Zabe fell on one knee, twitching. Kliff had an idea though,

"Tok! Mirror Move!" he called. Tok did the box motion and emitted some sparks from her body, hitting Plusle with the attack. Now Tok, Zabe and Plusle were all paralyzed, meaning Minun had the first move.

Minun paused - and then used Growl on Zabe. Kliff thought for a second, then smirked when he realised that Minun mustn't be leveled high enough to know Quick Attack.

"Zabe! Use Night Shade on Minun again! Tok, Metronome!" Kliff ordered. Zabe performed the same dark attack on Minun, enveloping it in dark waves, while flames began to form in Tok's mouth. However, she stumbled and shuddered while sparks tickled her body,

"She's paralyzed..." Kliff growled as Plusle used Quick Attack. Foolishly though, it used the attack on Zabe, going right through the ghost type and giving Kliff an opportunity to think. He then remembered the things he'd bought,

"Here Tok!" he said spraying some medicine on the Togepi, "That should cure your paralysis," Zabe looked at Kliff expectantly,

"Sorry buddy," he said, "Gotta save them," Zabe's face fell.

"Miiinun!" Minun cried out as it sent another Thunder Wave coursing for Tok,

"Zabe! Take the hit!" Kliff called to his pokemon. Zabe stood in the way of the electricity, making it useless as he was already paralysed,

"Now use Metronome Tok!" Kliff ordered. Tok used the attack, and suddenly stars began to shoot from her hands in a barrage. The Swift attack pummeled both Plusle and Minun, sending them skidding across the dirt.

Minun decided to call it quits, legging it back into the bushes. Plusle, however, was still determined to defent her new Togepi doll and staggered to its feet. It ran in for a Quick Attack, Kliff sighed,

"Okay Zabe, use Scratch," he said calmly. Zabe leapt over to the small pokemon, meeting it head on with its claws. Plusle skidded to a halt, knocked out.

"Well," Kliff said, "Takes care of that." He walked over to the Togepi Doll and picked it up, brushing some dust off it,

"I have this thing for about an hour and already it gets me into trouble," he said handing it to Tok. She sqealed in delight, hugging her replica and skipping around with it. Zabe looked at his teammate with worry - she was treating that thing like it was real.

Kliff pulled out a Cheri Berry from his pocket and tossed it to Zabe, "Last one, here," he said as the Sableye caught it gratefully and swallowed it,

"Saaablle..." it sighed as it felt the effects of Thunder Wave dispearce. Kliff recalled the two pokemon, stuffed the Togepi doll to the bottom of his bag this time, and continued north.

(OOC: For the record - I hate Plusle and Minun. Damn Pika wannabies :P)

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • @Neku - Nice post, but I'd recommend proof reading your posts in future. There are a number of spelling mistakes that could be corrected by proof reading, or simply putting the post through a spell check. Anyways...

Congratulations Miles caught a Level 6 Electrike

@Zeph - Great post, I'm not a fan of Plusle and Minun either. Great use of Togepi in this post, why do I think Kliff's going to end up regretting that he bought that doll? xD

Congratulations Togepi (Tok) grew to Level 9
    Congratulations Sableye (Zabe) grew to Level 13

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Miles and Zurill heard the ding sound and stared at the unmoving pokeball. Miles smiled, and said, "Well Zurill, looks like we have a new member on our team!!"

"Azu!" Zurill sat on her tail and bounced around, smiling. She hadn't taken too much damage in the battle to capture Electrike, because she looked perfectly fine and happy, as usual.

"Well, let's go Zurill," Miles said. He began to walk down the grassy path, with Zurill bouncing alongside him. There were a few rustling sounds in the grass, which Zurill stopped bouncing and tried to run into the grass to see what was in there, but Miles told her to stay close to him so she wouldn't get lost or attacked when he wasn't around. Then, a rustling sound from the grass came closer, and a familiar brown bushy form appeared in front of Miles and Zurill.

"Zagoon!"

"A Zigzagoon? Too bad I already have one, though," Miles said. He looked over at Zurill and said, "You up for a battle Zurill?"

"Zu, Azu," She said happily.

Zurill made a big bounce forward using her tail, landing right infront of the Zigzagoon, who yelped in suprise.

"Alright Zurill, start with Mud-Slap!!"

Zurill pulled her tail backward, then flung it forward towards Zigzagoon, along with mud that materialized out of nowhere, smacking it right in the face. It yelped in pain, and shook its head furiously, recovering from the attack. It growled at Zurill and got ready to Tackle her, but then Miles yelled,

"Zurill, use Charm!!"

Zurill gave a cute look on her face and stared at Zigzagoon cutely, while she sat on her tail bouncing on it gently. This caused Zigzagoon to stop its attack completly and stare at Zurill while she was being cute.

"Now, use Splash," Miles yelled.

Zurill bounced into the air using her tail, then she fell downwards and fell on Zigzagoon, causing it to yelp in pain. Zurill bounced off of Zizgagoon, ready for its next attack. Zigzagoon let out a "Zigzaaaagooon,"- it had used Growl on Zurill. Miles frowned. Now Zurills' attack power is lowered...
    The Zizgagoon dashed towards Zurill, lashing its bushy tail around the ground, getting ready to use a Tail Whip on Zurill to lower her defense as well.

Miles yelled, "Zurill, use your tail to block its Tail Whip!!"

"Azurill!!"

Zurill moved her tail in front of her just when Zizgagoons' busy tail was just about to smack her right in the face. Zizgagoons' tail bounced off of Zurills' tail, and it growled in annoyance, then tried another Tail Whip attack, but this attack was blocked again. Zurill smiled and made a laughing sound. Zigzagoon kept smacking its tail in anger, but Zurill just deflected them back using her tail. Soon, it looked like Zurill was dancing around the clearing as she blocked all of Zigzagoons' Tail Whip attacks.

"Zu, Zu, Azurilll-" Zurill laughed while she danced around, still avoiding Zigzagoons' Tail Whip attacks skillfully.

Miles couldn't help but smile and almost laughed a few times, it was kind of funny. Zigzagoon didn't seem to have the same sense of humour though, because it stopped its Tail Whip attacks and got ready for another Growl attack, but then Zurill smacked it in the face repeatedly with her tail, still dancing, annoying it even more and stopping it from using its Growl attack.

Zigzagoon glared at Zurill, then dashed towards her, trying another Tackle attack. Zurill, however, just continued her little dance, and when Zigzagoon came closer, she bounced out of the way using her tail, causing Zigzagoon to run into the grass.

Zurill laughed, enjoying the fun fight, then continued her little dance. But then, when Zigzagoon emerged from the grass, it let out a loud call- "Zigzagooooonnnnn!!!!"

It continued the call, and Zurill actuallly stopped her little dance and cocked her head (body) to see what it was doing. Then, two more Zigzagoons' burst into the clearing from the grass.

"Great... Reinforcements," Miles said, frowning. He was sure Zurill wouldn't be able to fight all those Zigzagoons' by herself, she hadn't fought many battles. So, Miles pulled out a pokeball, muttering, "Well, haven't had you for that long, but I hope you'll help us out... Let's go, Electrike!!"

Miles threw the pokeball, the newly caught green dog with yellow stripes appearing from his pokeball. It looked around the surroundings, looking at Zurill, the three Zigzagoons' and then Miles. To say the least, he growled angirly at all of them, but he still looked tired form when he was caught. Miles said, "Sorry, but can you fight with Zurill and beat these Zigzagoons'? I wish I had a potion or something to heal you..." Electrike gave Miles a look and barked at him, "Elec!". Miles guessed that meant, 'Look!' so he put his hands in his pockets and tried to find a potion, which luckily, he did. He stared at it for a few moments, and said, "Where did I get this...? I don't remember... Maybe I got it from a trainer..." He stopped when Electrike growled at him in annoyance, wanting to be healed already. Miles bent down and sprayed Electrike with the potion, and Electrike didn't look tired anymore, its health being restored. He growled, but it wasn't an angry one, it seemed to be somewhat happy, for a growl, at least...

"Azu- Azurill!"

Miles and Electrike looked over at Zurill, who was now bouncing around, avoiding three Zigzagoons' who were scrambling around trying to catch her and attack her.

Miles looked at Electrike and said, "Well, let's go then. Electrike, use Tackle on one of the Zigzagoons!"

"Electrike!!"

Electrike ran towards the Zigzagoons' who were trying, and failing, to catch Zurill, who still looked like she was having a fun time despite being chased by three angry racoons. Electrike tackled right into one of the Zigzagoons' who had stopped for a moment to take a break from trying to catch Zurill. It yelped in pain from the hit. The other two Zigzagoons' stopped paying attention to Zurill when they saw their buddy get attacked. They glared at Electrike, who smriked and barked, "Elec, Electrike!!"

Miles guessed that meant, 'Bring it on!!'.

The two Zigzagoons' growled in anger, then dashed towards Electrike, one ready to use a Tackle while the other was going to use a Headbutt attack. Electrike just stood in the same spot, smirking, then, when the Zigzagoon who was going to use Tackle came close, Electrike leapt out of the way, causing the Zigzagoon to crash into the Zigzagoon who had been hit by Electrike before instead. The Zigzagoon yelped in pain, then growled at the Zigzagoon who hit it. The two Zigzagoons started growling at each other, arguing about the attack. While the other two Zigzagoons' were arguing, the third Zigzagoon using the Headbutt attack dashed towards Electrike. As it dashed towards him, Electrike stood, waiting, his shoulders tensed, waiting for an order.

"Electrike, use Thunder Wave!!" Miles yelled.

Eelctrike smirked, then little sparks of electricity gathered around his body, then he barked, and little waves of electricity shot out otwards the Zigzagoon, causing it to stop in its' attack, it was paralysed.

"Now, use Tackle, Electrike," Miles yelled.

Electrike ran towards Zigzagoon while it was still paralysed and tackled into it, causing it to yelp in pain, hitting the ground, frozen from the paralysis. The other two Zigzagoons' stopped their arguement when they heard their friend yelp in pain, and got ready to attack Electrike. However, one of them yelped in pain as mud shot all over it. The two Zigzagoons' looked over in suprise to see Zurill. And she didn't look happy. She glared at them annoyed, probably because all of the Zigzagoons had ignored her and payed more attention to Electrike. With an angry cry, she slapped the same Zigzagoon with her tail and the mud that materialized out of nowhere, causing it to yelp in pain again.

The other Zigzagoon growled, and got ready to hit Zurill with a Tackle, but Miles yelled, "Zurill, use Splash!!"

Zurill bounced upwards and then she came crashing down on the Zigzagoon who was about to attack her, pushing it into the ground. It yelped in pain.

"Zigzagooon!!"

Miles yelled, "Alright Zurill, use Charm!"

Zurill looked cute and winked at both of the Zigzagoons infront of her, causing them to stop and stare at her, dazed.

Then Miles turned his attention back to Electrike and the paralysed Zigzagoon. The Zigzagoon had now struggled onto its feet, and then let out a "Zigzagooon"- it used its Growl attack.

Electrike barked at it, and Miles yelled, "Electrike, use Tackle!"

Electrike ran towards the paralysed Zigzagoon who started to get away, but then it flinched, the paralysis taking affect once again. Electrike smirked, then bashed right into the Zigzagoons side, causing it to cry in pain, but it wasn't finished yet.

Miles yelled, "Quick Electrike, use Tackle again before the paralysis affect wears off!!"

Eelctrike ran towards Zizgagoon again and tackled into it, causing it to yelp in pain one final time before falling to the ground, defeated.
    Electrike then turned and ran over to where Zurill and the other two Zizgagoons were, who were still staring at Zurill while she was looking cute and adorable. Electrike smirked, then opened his mouth and bit down on one of the Zigzagoons' tail, causing it to snap out of staring at Zurill and yelp in panic.

Miles realized what Electrike was doing, then smiled and yelled, "Electrike, use Thunder Wave!!"

The little sparks gather around Electrikes' body, then moved downwards towards Zigzagoons' tail and the little electric waves covered its body, causing it to yelp. Now it was paralysed.

By now, the other Zigzagoon had snapped out of staring at Zurill while she was acting cute, and used a Tackle attack on her, causing her to fly a few feet away and cry in pain from the attack. She hopped back on her feet and gave an angry look at the Zigzagoon.

"Zurill, use Charm again!" Miles yelled.

Zurill replaced her angry look with a cute face, making little gigles causing the Zigzagoon to stare at Zurill, dazed.

Electrike still had his teeth in the paralysed Zigzagoons' tail, and it tried unsuccesfully to get away from Electrike.

Miles yelled, "Alright, Electrike, throw that Zigzagoon into the dazed one!"
    Electrike smirked once again under Zigzagoons' bushy tail, obviously liking the idea. Electrike pulled his head back, dragging Zigzagoon along with his head, then he made a small run before whirling his head to the other side and letting go of the Zigzagoons' tail, causing it to go flying towards the dazed one, smacking right into it. Both Zigzagoons' were collapsed on the ground, tired. The Zigzagoon that wasn't paralysed got up shakily on its paws, then it scrambled off, stumbling a few times, into the grass.

Electrike snarled at this, annoyed that the prey had run off, but turned towards the other Zigzagoon who couldn't get away because of its paralysis. Then, it got up on its paws and glared at Zurill and Electrike.

Miles decided that it was time to end the battle, and he said, "Electrike, use Tackle! Zurill, use Mud Slap!!"

Electrike ran towards the Zigzagoon and tackled into it, causing it to yelp in pain, then Zurill followed up with her tail and mud smacking it right in the face, causing it to yelp in pain one last time before falling to the ground, fainting.

Zurill and Electrike walked back over to Miles, Electrike looked proud after beating up the racoon pokemon and Zurill just looked happy and was skipping. Miles told them that they did a good job, and returned them into their pokeballs. Then, he turned his attention back to the path and continued walking again.

(OOC: Hurray for dancing Zurill! XD)

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • As Warren looked on, the egg continued to shudder more and more violently. Suddenly the egg erupted into a bright light, harsh against Warren's eyes after spending so long in the darkness of Granite Cave. Warren momentarily looked away from the bright glare, and when he looked back he was faced with what looked like a small pot plant....

"What." The small Pokémon wandered over to Warren and looked up at him.

"Bon?"

"Oh, no no no no no no no no no. I am NOT doing this again. Looking after some weak, useless runt that can't even defend itself. All I have is a teddy bear, a dog, a pacifist and now a tree. How the hell am I meant to get anywhere with this?" Liv shrugged.

"Well, maybe if you complain enough, the world will magically fix your problems for you." Warren ignored her.

"Okay, runt, what's your name, then? I can't have half a team with special names and half with your boring ones." Bonsly shrugged, which was pretty impressive, considering its lack of shoulders.

"Fine, you can have one later. At least we have a grass type to challenge Brawly with. The rest of the team is either weak to Fighting-types or won't battle." Liv looked up from glancing through her photos.

"Yeah, except that Bonsly is a Rock-type and Baby Pokémon aren't allowed to fight straight after hatching. They're too young." Warren froze, then looked at Bonsly.

"For God's sake, you're useless." Liv frowned.

"That's a great way to set up a close bond."

"Oh, I only meant it in the sense that he's of no use to anyone. Besides, he doesn't care what I'm saying. Look." And indeed, the Bonsly was just sitting against a rock, quietly whistling to itself.

"Okay, if you want your nickname to be Useless, make no response." It continued whistling.

"Glad that's settled. Pokéball, now!" Still not paying any attention to what was happening, Useless disappeared in a flash of red light. Liv sighed as Warren pocketed the ball.

"What?"

"...nothing. You wanted to challenge the gym?" Warren nodded.

"Yeah. Let's get moving."

---------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------

Brawly's gym, when compared to most other gyms, was pretty unimpressive. All Warren could see as he walked in was a sparse dojo-type room with simple markings on the floor to indicate a battlefield. But Brawly's appearance more than made up for that of his gym. With blue hair, spiked up like he'd just stepped off the surfboard, a bright orange t-shirt and light blue swimming shorts on, he was colourful, to say the least. Sneering, he looked up at Warren.

"Hey, kid, you, I hope you're ready for this." Warren sighed.

"Yeah, yeah, you're a great big manly man who's also an awesome surfer dude and I don't stand a chance and blah blah blah. Can we just get on with the battle?" Brawly raised an eyebrow.

"Well, when you put it that way…" he tossed a Pokéball and, with a white flash, a small, humanoid Pokémon burst onto the battlefield, glistening red eyes contrasting sharply with its pallid grey skin.

"Two on two, straight battle, no time limit!"

Warren crossed his fingers, then threw a ball. With a flash, Violet burst onto the field. Pausing, the Ralts then turned to glare at Warren.

"Oh come on, it's just one battle!" Brawly sniggered.

"Pokémon won't fight for you unless they respect you. You can normally earn that respect by beating them in battle, but if you get them in a trade or something, then…" Warren paused.

"God damn it, Cuddles." Ignoring what must have seemed like a completely random comment, Brawly glanced at Violet.

"Karate Chop it!" Machop instantly jumped forwards, drawing back its hand before swinging it forwards to smack the Ralts across the face. Violet cried out, thrown backwards, and rolled head over heels before coming to a halt at Warren's feet.

"So what, you're just going to let it hit you?" Violet grumbled, sitting up and glared at the Machop, which was now smirking and flexing its muscles.

"Don't you feel even a little bit angry?" Warren bent down and tapped Violet on the shoulder.

"Y'know, he probably thinks he's going to beat you just because he's a boy. He thinks there's no way a girl could beat him." Violet turned and glared at Warren.

"Right, I forgot, you're not a moron." Brawly sighed.

"If you aren't going to even fight, you might as well just give up now!" Warren gritted his teeth.

"HANG ON!" Desperately digging into a pocket, Warren pulled out another Pokéball and released Useless.

"Look, Violet. If you don't fight, we're never going to beat this guy. And you may not have any interest in battling, but the rest of the team does, and unless you help us, you're holding us all back. Look at this guy. He's just a baby. There's no way he can fight. But unless you beat this guy, he's going to have to. So either you fight, or he does." Violet paused, glaring angrily at Warren. Warren glared back. The Ralts held his gaze for a second longer, then turned, hands raised. Brawly rolled his eyes.

"Finally. Machop, Karate Chop again!" Violet sneered as Machop ran forwards once again. Raising her hands, the Ralts gave a slight push and suddenly, the fighting type skidded to a halt, before flying backwards and skidding face first along the battlefield. Warren's eyes went wide.

"Damn, Violet…..that's pretty impressive. Now, finish it!" Machop slowly struggled back to its feet and Violet raised a hand once again. It glowed blue for a split second and then, instantly, Machop froze in place. Violet pointed upwards and the grey humanoid shot high into the air, crashing into the ceiling before tumbling back down to the ground, landing in a cloud of dust and sand. Violet wasn't even out of breath. Warren's jaw dropped.

"So, you can do all that…but you don't want to?" The Ralts gave him a disparaging look as Brawly returned Machop, snarling.

"You just got lucky! You caught me by surprise!" Warren rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just send out your second Pokémon so we can finish up here."

"You don't know what you're dealing with, kid. Makuhita, you're up!" Warren raised an eyebrow as the sack of dough jumped onto the field with a thud.

"You're going with a fat wrestler? Well…it's your funeral. Confusion!"

"Fake Out, then Vital Throw!"

Violet raised her arms again, but before she could attack, Makuhita sped forwards and, raising both hands, smacked the Ralts on both sides of the head. Dazed, Violet stumbled back, then stopped dead as Makuhita reached out and grabbed her arm. The Ralts blinked in confusion. Makuhita grinned, then with an easy, practised flick, flung his arm back, sending the lightweight psychic-type flying through the air and into the Gym wall, right behind Brawly's head. Violet picked herself up, staggering and nursing a sprained arm. Warren glared at Brawly.

"Okay…Fake Out might have caught me by surprise. But I know it only works once. Violet, attack!" Makuhita cried out, suddenly, stumbling back before crashing to the ground. Frowning, it picked itself up. Warren glared at Violet.

"What the hell was that? No flying through the air, no smacking into walls?" Brawly raised an eyebrow.

"Are you an idiot? Makuhita weighs more than four times more than Machop. You can't throw him around so easily. Violet raised her uninjured arm, eyes flashing blue once ore, But Makuhita just stumbled this time, not even falling. Warren swore, loudly. The Gym Leader looked at him.

"Please, not in front of the baby." Warren looked down at Useless who appeared to be facing the other way and singing quietly to himself.

"Yeah, like he'll notice."

"Arm Thrust!" Warren looked up as Makuhita charged again, jabbing wildly. It struck Violet first on the helmet, then in the chest, but both blows skidded off to the side, the Ralts just staggering slightly. Brawly frowned.

"What the hell?" Warren grinned.

"Isn't it obvious? Violet can't force your Makuhita to change its movement completely, but directing its blows just a little to the side…..well, that's no trouble at all." Brawly glared at Warren.

"Tell me, you've given very few actual instructions during this battle. How is it you're winning?" Warren paused.

"Because I trust Violet to make her own choices. I know she's in a better position than me when it comes to the split-second decisions." Brawly raised an eyebrow.

"Fine then….Makuhita, you finish this battle by yourself." Warren met Brawly's gaze.

"Violet…you're on your own from now on." The two Pokémon looked up at their trainers, then turned back and locked gazes. For a moment, they froze, then both dashed forwards. Makuhita thrust out an arm, but Violet jumped, eyes flashing blue as her psychic powers propelled her over the fighting-type's head. The sack Pokémon skidded, turning around and dragging an arm through the sand, sending a wave of it crashing towards Violet's face. Her arm shot out and it froze, before turning around and slowly compressing into seven small, rock-hard balls. Violet grinned. Makuhita gulped. Then, instantly, the tiny spheres shot forwards. Brawly's Pokémon slapped three out of the air with one broad, sweeping right hook, but the next struck it in the ankle and it stumbled forwards. At once, two more swept under it and struck it in the gut, knocking it back to its feet. It paused, dazed, as Violet raised her injured arm, flinching as the sand covering the battlefield rose into the air, adding to the projectile hanging in the air between the two combatants. Warren and Brawly locked eyes. So did Violet and Makuhita. Then, Violet pushed with both arms and, with a final blue flash from her eyes, the ball of sand shot forwards, smacking Makuhita in the face with an audible crack. The fighting-type blinked, then crashed to the ground, unconscious.

"Alright! Nice work, Violet!" Warren yelled, ignoring the glares that Violet was giving him. Brawly looked at Warren, then looked down at the small, heavily panting Ralts. Bending down, he held out a glinting badge and spoke directly to the Pokémon.

"Here. I think you deserve this more."

slls81

Years
  • @I Laugh At Your Misfortune - I actually loved that post!!! I loved Warren's sarcasm at the start, I loved the way Warren used Useless to make Violet battle, I love the character you've given Useless... everything :)

"Pokémon won't fight for you unless they respect you. You can normally earn that respect by beating them in battle, but if you get them in a trade or something, then…" Warren paused.

"God damn it, Cuddles." Ignoring what must have seemed like a completely random comment, Brawly glanced at Violet.

^^Win xD

So yeah, all in all... good post :P

Congratulations Warren Violet earned a Knuckle Badge

Congratulations Ralts (Violet) grew to Level 10 and learned Double Team

And...
    Congratulations Bonsly (Useless) grew to Level 2

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Miles continued down the path, wondering when the route would end. He hadn't seen any grass rustling for awhile, so he was sure that he probably wouldn't have anymore run-ins with wild pokemon. It was nice and sunny out, and Miles hadn't seen any trainers either. That was until he heard someone yell, "Hey, you, stop!!" Miles turned and saw a girl about his age staring at him. She pulled out a pokeball and said, "Want to battle?"

Miles shurgged and said, "Sure."

"Well, how about a 3 on 3 battle," she asked.

"That's fine with me," Miles replied.

She smiled and said, "Well, let's start then! Come on, Gulpin!!"
    A round green pokemon emerged from the pokeball.

"Guuullll..." It groaned.

"What is that," Miles muttered starng at the odd green pokemon. He heard his pokedex beep, "Gulpin, a poison type pokemon."

"Well, I guess that makes sense, I guess," Miles muttered, staring at the odd green pokemon.

He heard the girl squeal and say, "Isn't Gulpin just ADORABLE?! Oh, Gulpin is just so cute!!"

Miles couldn't help his mouth dropping at that. How can anyone think that is cute...? He managed to close his mouth without the girl noticing, and he pulled out a pokeball saying, "I know you'll be able to take this battle! Let's go, Zurill!!"

He threw the pokeball, with Zurill emerging letting out a happy, "Azuuu!!"
    He heard the girl squeal, "Ohh, its so cute!!!"

Miles thought, confused, You think that Gulpin is cute and you think Zurill is cute too...? What's wrong with her sense of cute things...?

Zurill was busy staring at Gulpin, probably wondering what the heck it was just like Miles ahd been wondering before his pokedex had somewhat cleared it up.

The girl said, "Alright, let's go! I'm sorry cute little Azurill, but I'm going to have to beat you!! Gulpin, use Poison Gas!!"

"Guuuulpiiin," Gulpin moaned, opening its mouth and a large purple cloud escaped form its mouth and headed for Zurill.

Zurill stood there, staring with wide eyes as the cloud seemed to expand and got closer to her, and soon, she was engulfed in the purple cloud, unable to be seen. The purple cloud dissapeared, and Zurill made a few coughing sounds and flinched once. She was poisoned.

Miles just smiled at this. The girl noticed and called over to him, "Hey, why are you smiling?! Your cute little Azurill is poisoned, why are you happy about that?!"

Miles replied, "Well, Zurill can't be affected by poison because of this... Zurill, use Refresh!!"

The girl gave a confused look, but Zurill had a green light gather around her body, the poison effect fading away. Zurill smiled, happy that the effect was gone, and she hadn't gotten too much damage from the poison effect.

The girl looked suprised, but then she said, "That wasn't bad! Well, Gulpin, use Sludge!"

Gulpin made some kind of coughing noise, and Zurill watched with intrest, wondering what was going to happen. Then, it hacked up a giant purple blob that was sent flying towards Zurill.

"Zurill, dodge it!!" Miles yelled, but it was too late.

The purple muck slammed into her, making her roll backwards and cry in pain from the hit. She recovered from the attack however, and hopped back on her feet.

Miles smiled and said, "Good job, Zurill!! Now, use Mud-Slap!!"

Zurill bounced towards Gulpin and smacked it in the face with her tail and mud. It cried in pain and flinched from the hit. That made Miles realize that Gulpin was weak against ground type moves. Miles smiled, now knowing that Gulpin had a disadvantage.

The girl seemed upset and yelled, "How could you hurt my cute Gulpin?! Use Pound!!"

The Gulpin seemed to recover from the effective attack, and then raised its hand (fin) and smacked Zurill in the face. She cried in suprise, waddling backwards a few feet from the hit. She shook her head and glared angirly at Gulpin.

Miles yelled, "Use Mud-Slap again!!"

Zurill huffed at Gulpin, obviously annoyed from the hit to the face and bounced towards it, and when her tail was ready to smack into Gulpin, the girl yelled,

"Gulpin use Poison Gas again!!"

The Gulpin opened its mouth again, releasing the poisonous purple gas engulfing both Zurill and Gulpin. Miles heard Gulpin cry in pain again and guessed that Zurill had been able to land the attack. He watched and saw a small little blue form waddle out of the purple gas. She coughed now and then, and before she could loose health from the poison, Miles yelled,
    "Use Refresh, quick!!"

Zurill became enveloped in the green light, she sighed in releif as the poison faded away. Miles sighed as well, glad that she had been able to heal the status problem before she lost anymore health. She can't get close to Gulpin now because of that Poison Gas attack, there's almost no way to avoid it until it dissapears... But- Miles stopped in mid-thought, an idea forming in his head.

"Zurill, get near Gulpin!!" Miles yelled.

Zurill gave a curious look towards Miles, but she did as he said. She started waddling towards Gulpin, who was wheezing and looked tired from the past two Mud-Slap attacks.

The girl laughed and said, "You think you can just get close to Gulpin and attack?! Well, that won't work!! It's to bad that you're cute Azurill has you for a trianer! Now Gulpin, use Poison Gas!!"

Gulpid, still wheezing, opened its mouth releasing the purple gas. As the purple poisonous gas got closer to Zurill, Miles yelled, "Zurill, use Splash!!"
    Zurill, now understanding what Miles was thinking, sprang into the air using her tail. The purple cloud floated a few more feet before it dissapeared. The girl stared in suprise.

"Y-You...! Gulpin, use Poisonous Gas again!" She yelled.
    Gulpin moaned, then opened its mouth and the purple cloud floated upwards to Zurill who was coming down.

Miles yelled, "Zurill, use Refresh as soon as the cloud gets really close to you!!"

Zurill waited, with a serious look on her face. Then, she sighed, a green light enveloping her, then she disspaeared into the purple cloud. Both Miles and the girl waited, staring intently at the pruple cloud, waiting to see if Zurill was poisoned or not. Then, a round blue tail appeared from the purple cloud, and Zurill continued to fall from Splash, not poisoned. Miles cheered while the girl looked on in horror.

"Alright Zurill!! Now, use Mud-Slap combined with Splash!!"

"Azzzuuu!!"

Zurill had mud materialize and cover her tail, she plummeted to the ground, getting closer and closer to Gulpin, who was still wheezing.
    The girl cried in pain, "Gulpin, get out of the way, quick!!"

But Gulpin didn't even bother to move, it had taken too much damage before from the Mud-Slap attacks. It just sat on the grass and continued to wheeze. Then, Zurill crashing down on it, with mud splattering all over it. Gulpin let out one final, moaning/crying sound, then it fainted.

"Oh no, my cute Gulpin," the girl cried.

Miles smiled and siad, "Great job Zurill! You deserve a rest after fighting so much today."

Zurill puffed out her chest (head/body) looking quite proud from Miles comment. Then she went back into her pokeball as Miles returned her.
    The girl had returned Gulpin by now, adn she didn't look very happy. She pulled out another pokeball and said, "Take this! Let's go, Plusle!!"

"Plusss!!"

A small yellowish white and red pokemon emerged form the pokeball.
    Miles said out loud, "It looks like Pikachu."

This caused the girl to yell in anger, "It's NOT Pikachu!! It's my cute little Plusle!!"

Miles heard his pokedex beep,"Plusle, an electric type pokemon."

Its' an electric type just like Pikachu, Miles thoguht to himmself this time.

He pulled out a pokeball and said, "Come on, Ponyta!!"

Ponyta emerged from her pokeball into the clearing. She whinnied, and seemd to enjoy the fresh air after being in her pokeball since Dewford.
    "P-pluuss...?" Plusle stared with wide eyes at Ponyta, probably nervous because Ponyta was so big and it was so small.

"Plusle, use Quick Attack," the girl yelled.

Plusle, still looking a little nervous, dashed towards Ponyta with great speed, leaving a white trail behind it. It smacked into Ponyta, but Ponyat just snorted and shook her head, the attack not doing that much damage.
    "Ponyta, use Ember!!" Miles yelled.

Ponyta whinnied and opened her mouth, where small little flames were gathering, then flew out and gathered around Plusle, causing Plusle to cry in pain and scramble away from Ponyta, trying to have the flames die out.
    The gril gave an angry look and yelled, "Plusle, use Growl!!"

"Plusssssleeee-" Plusle growled.

Miles yelled, "Ponyta, use Tackle!!"

Ponyta whinnied and galloped towards Plusle, her hooves pounding off the ground. She smacked into Plusle, sending it flying a few feet away and causing it to cry in pain.

"Oh no, Plusle," the girl cried, distraught. She gave an angry look at Miles and yelled, "Bully! Come on, Wingull!!"

She threw a pokeball releasing the white and blue seagull pokemon.

"Winguull!!"

"Hey," Mile started, "you said one on one."

The girl stuck her tounge out at him and said, "Bleh! So, who cares?! I changed the rules!!"

Miles frowned, annoyed. This girl was a brat. And now that it was technically a two on two battle, he could bring out another pokemon...

"Come on, Electrike!!!"

"Ellleeeec!!!"

Electrike appeared in the clearing, and smirked when he realized a battle was going on.

The girl saw this, and then she yelled over at Miles, "Hey!! Why'd you put in another pokemon?!"

Okay, this girl is a major brat, Miles thought. Then, he replied, "Well, you did change the rules to have two pokemon, so techinically, that means I can have another pokemon on the field too." The girl huffed, obviously annoyed, but she didn't say anythign else about it. Instead, she yelled, "Wingull, use Wing Attack on Ponyta! Plusle, use Quick Attack on Electrike!!"

Wingull squaked, then dove down towards Ponyta and smacked her in the head with its wings. Ponyta whinied in pain from the hit, and Wingull flapped its wings upwards. Meanwhile, Plusle was dashing towards Electrike with a white streak trailing behind it. It seemed much more confident about facing Electrike since Electrike wasn't as big as Ponyta.
    Electrike smirked evily and began to lick its motuth and showed its teeth many times towards Plusle as it came closer to him. Immmediatley, a look of terror switched with the confident look on Plusles' face, its eyes wide with fear, then, it stopped its attack and dashed back towards the girl crying in terror.

Now, if Electrike had done this to somone else, then Miles would disaprove of it. But since this girl was a major brat, he decided to let it slide.

The girl gave a horrified look at her crying Plusle and yelled angirly at Miles, "Your Electrike is a bully!!"

Miles shrugged, saying, "Well, that's just how Electrike acts..."

Electrike was still smirking, obviously having fun with tormenting the Plusle.

Miles looked towards the Wingull which was circling overhead and frowned. Both Ponyta and Electrike didn't really have any attacks that would be able to hit it, except for Ponyta's ember attack, except that wouldn't be very effective since Wingull was part water type. Miles thoguht for a moment, and had an idea. He looked at Electrike, then Ponyta, and then Wingull. He smiled. It might just work...!

"Electrike, get on Ponyta's head!!" Miles yelled. Both Ponyta and Electrike gave Miles questioning looks, especially Electrike. But Miles just flashed that smile of his, and Ponyta walked over to Electrike and bent her neck down, her head near the ground so Electrike could get on. Electrike stared at Ponytas' head for a few moments, then, decided to trust Miles' order and scrambled onto Ponytas' head, trying not to scratch her in the process.

Now, Ponyta, with Electrike trying to stay balanced on her head, looked really ridiculous. Even the girl started laughing, and she said, "What's that supposued to do?! Both of your pokemon look really stupid like that!!"
    Miles ignored the girls comment, while Ponyta gave a somewhat annoyed look and Electrike growled, baring his teeth at the girl, then stopped once he almost fell off Ponytas' head and continued to balance himmself.
    The gril just continued laughing, and said while laughing, "Alright Wingull, hahaha, use, hehe, Wing Attack! Hehehe!!!"

Wingul squaked then dived down towards the combined Ponyta and Electrike.

"Wiiiingulll!!"

Miles just smiled, that's just what he wanted. He yelled, "Alright Ponyta! Throw Electrike upwards towards Wingull!!"

Ponyta and Electrike, now realizing Miles' plan from the begining, smiled, except for Electrike who smirked knowing what he would get to do. Ponyta whinnied, then tossed her head, causing Electrike to be thrown into the air, soaring towards Wingull who squaked in suprise at the flying Electrike.
    "Wingull!!" The girl cried, paniced.

"Pluuusss!!" Plusle cried in unison with its trainer, who had been to scared to continue to battle.

Miles smiled and yelled, "Alright Electrike, I think you know what to do!! Bite one of the Wingulls' wings and use Thunder Wave!!!"

Electrike barked, and opened his mouth and clamped down on one of the panicing Wingulls' wings. Wingull squaked in panic, and began to fall towards the ground, unable to fly in the air with Electrike's weight.

Electrike smirked as little sparks gathered around his body, then the little sparks turned into electric waves and traveled up to Wingulls' wing, paralysing it. Wingull squaked in suprise from the jolt, and both Wingull and Electrike crashed to the ground.

"Eelllecc!!"

Electrike stood up from the ground, appearing to not have taken as much damage falling to the ground as Wingull had. Wingull, on the other hand, was squaking in pain and flinching from the paralysis, its limp body laying on the ground, unable to move.

Miles yelled, "Alright Electrike, use Tackle!"

"Lec, Electrike!!"

Electrike tackled into the limp form of Wingull and it squaked in pain from the hit, flying a few feet before laying limp in another spot on the ground.
    "Wingull!!" The girl cried. the Plusle looked on in terror, hiding behind the girls leg, avoiding battle.

"Alright, Ponyta, Electrike, both of you use Tackle on Wingull before the paralysis wears off!!"

Ponyta whinnied and began to gallop towards Wingull, and Electrike ran towards Wingull as well. Wingull squaked in pain as Electrike smacked into it, sending it flying into the air. Then Ponyta, galloping a little bit faster now, tackled into Wingull while it was still in mid-air from Electrikes' attack. It let out one last squak of pain before it fainted.

"Nooo!!" The girl cried. She looked at Plusle, who was staring with wide eyes at the defeated Wingull. She said, "Plusle, use Quick Attack on that mean Electrike!!"

Plusle, still looking rather nervous, obeyed her trainers' order and dashed towards Electrike with blinding speed, a white trail glowing behind it.
    "Ponyta, use Ember to stop Plusle in its attack!!"

Ponyta whinnied, then opened her mouth, where little flames had gathered. The flames shot out, heading staright for their target, Plusle, and they hit it. Plusle cried in pain as the flames hit it, and it stopped the Quick Attack.

"Pluuusssllleeee," Plusle cried.

"Now Electrike, use Tackle!!" Miles yelled.

Electrike barked, then ran towards the small pokemon who was waiting for the falmes to die out. Just as the flames dissapeared, Electrike tackled into Plusle, sending the small pokemon flying and crying in pain.

"Pl-plussssllleeee!!!"

Plusle hit the ground and rolled a few feet, before it fainted.

"Nooo!!!" The girl cried. She returned both Wingull and Plusle and ran off upset.

Miles watched and sighed, glad that that was over. He looked at Ponyta and Electrike and told them that they did a good job. They hadn't taken too much damage, but if the Wingull had used a Water Gun attack on Ponyta, that would've become a problem. He shrugged, and returned both Ponyta and Electrike. He stared at the path before him, wondering if he would be able to get to his destination without anymore encounters, not that he would really mind, though. He shook his head, then continued onwards down the path.

slls81

Years
  • @Neku - Nice post, I'll get the next route up for you now.

Congratulations Azurill (Zurill) grew to Level 7 and learned Tail Whip
    Congratulations Electrike grew to Level 8
    Congratulations Ponyta grew to Level 14

CyclingRoad

Number of Posts: 2-3

Description: A road that runs north from Route 110 up to Mauville City. Don't worry Bike's are for hire if you don't happen to have one stored in your backpack...

A warning notice has recently been posted, due to attacks on Cycling Road...

WARNING!
    'There have been reports of Team Aqua operating on Cycling Road, so proceed at your own risk! The reports indicate that Team Aqua grunts have been attacking passing trainers, and stealing their pokémon. Cycling Road is entered at your own risk!'

Because of these attacks, Cycling Road has been very quiet recently, with some travellers choosing to take the long way around to Mauville City through Rusturf Tunnel and Verdanturf City.

If you choose to meet an Aqua grunt on Cycling Road, they will have ONE of the following pokémon:
    Zubat Lvl 16 Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish, Bite
    Carvanha Lvl 16 Bite, Leer, Rage, Focus Energy, Scary Face, Ice Fang
    Corphish Lvl 16 Bubble, Harden, Vice Grip, Leer
    Seviper Lvl 16 Wrap, Lick, Bite, Poison Tail

Once again I must stress that these members of Team Aqua are mere grunts, and will not be privy to any information that could help you on your search for the stolen pokémon... but your characters don't have to know that ;)

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • Two loud noises gave Sam the potentially worst wake-up call in the history of the world. The thing was, only one of them actually woke him up, the second one was just a horrible way to add to it.

"Sam!" A voice yelled. Sam woke up in shock, landing hard on the bed from where he quickly fell off, crashing hard into the hard wood floor.

"Oww…what the hell was that?" he asked himself. In answer, a loud banging echoed from the door.

"Open up!" Sam recognized the voice. Rubbing his neck as he stood, he walked slowly over to the door and opened it. Travis and Diane stood in the doorway.

"Ugh…what do you two want?" he sighed. Travis looked simple as ever, the familiar confidence glimmering in his smile. Diane, though, certainly looked…nice.

"What? We can't come visit our friend at…" Travis checked his watch. "…8 in the morning?" Sam scowled.

"No, you can't. But…now I can't sleep…" Sam growled, walking over to a nearby table. Picking up his jacket, he slipped it on then turned to face Diane and Travis, who looked at him as though they were confused.

"…what're you doing?" Diane asked. Sam sighed.

"Leave…I'll be out in like two minutes. In fact, I'll meet you downstairs. I'm getting dressed, is the thing…" He heard Travis burst out in laughter and could see Diane blush slightly.

"Oh…er…yeah, we'll meet you downstairs." She pulled Travis out of the room and Sam sighed, continuing his dressing.

Two minutes later, Sam bolted down the stairs, fully dressed and packed up to get moving again. Travis and Diane were waiting.

"So why did you two come up again?" he asked. Travis flashed a badge at him, as did Diane.

"To show you these. You got one yet?" Sam didn't say anything; he simply produced the small metal symbol from his pocket.

"…told you so." Diane whispered. Travis sighed.

"Really, Diane? You really had to bring that up now? Yes, I was wrong. Who cares?!" Travis was obviously flipping out. Both Sam and Diane suppressed a giggle.

"Chill, Travis. Well, guys, seeing as we all have our badges, you all just wanna hit the ferry to god knows where?" Travis sighed.

"…sure, why not…" Diane smiled.

"Sure, I'm up for it. Let's go!" The trio walked out of the pokecenter and out onto the island. It was a short walk from the center to the dock, and conveniently, there was a boat waiting. Stepping up onto the deck, Sam simply held the ferry pass on his pokedex up in a sort of I-dare-you-to-try-and-stop-me kind of way. The sailors said nothing as he walked up on the deck. A few moments later, he was joined by Travis and Diane, who were both looking tired already. Sam grinned.

"What's wrong, you two? Wake up too early to come bother me?" Travis growled at him.

"I'm gonna go get some rest and I think Diane's got the same idea. Knock yourself out with whatever the hell you're doing…" Travis and Diane walked away towards the pokecenter to check in. Sam sighed and walked out on to the deck only to see a familiar and welcome sight.

"Step right up, folks! Learn from me, the great Fisherman Tony!" A man on deck was showing off in front of a crowd. Countless people stepped forward, yelling to be the first one. Sam stepped forward and grabbed a rod from a rack and stepped towards the side of the deck. As he was about to cast the line out, the voice boomed out again.

"You, buddy! What're you doing?" Sam spun around to see the fisherman again.

"…I'm trying to cast the rod, thanks…if you wouldn't mind backing away…" This seemed to annoy the man a bit.

"Now, now, son! How about you just take a lesson…from me! The great To-" he was cut off by Sam casting the rod just over his head.

"No thanks…please go away." Sam sighed, sitting down. This really seemed to get on the guy's nerves, as he leaned in to Sam's ear.

"Listen, you little brat, you will take my lesson for the sake of my fans, got it?" Sam scowled. This guy was being a real pain.

"No, I won't for my sake. Just go away. I'm fishing…" Sam growled. Finally, the man snapped.

"You punk! You will take my freaking lesson and you will like it!" he grabbed Sam's hands; a stupid mistake.

"You…you just touched me…that's it, you're dead. Mime Jr., come on out…" Sam moved his hand down towards his belt. Mime Jr. appeared in a flash when the ball hit the ground.

"Mime?" it looked at Sam, then Tony.

"Do me a favor, Mime Jr. Use Confusion on this fool." Mime Jr. nodded and started to glow. The man released Sam when he was suddenly lifted into the air. "Now…" Sam was cut off by a loud splash; Mime Jr. had tossed the man into the ocean.

"HELP ME! MAN OVERBOARD!" Tony yelled. Sam couldn't help but snicker. Two sailors quickly entered the scene to help Tony, but Sam was long gone by that time. He was in his room, sleeping.

A few hours later, Sam awoke to the setting sun outside his window. He scowled.

"Well isn't this great? I'd better find something to do…" he whispered. He walked out of his room, only having grabbed one pokeball. He wasn't sure which of his team members it was, but he figured it couldn't hurt him. Stepping out on the deck, he noticed there was still a fishing rod there. He sighed and picked it up, walking over to the deck again.

"Maybe I'll finally be able to get some done…" he whispered, casting it over his head. It splashed into the water and Sam sat down. It was going to be a bit. Slowly, he started to doze off. As he fell to sleep, he couldn't help but notice an abnormal number of clouds in the sky, much more than he'd seen earlier. It was kind of odd. Slowly, though, sleep took him.

Sometime later, he felt a tugging on the rod. He had hooked something! This time, though, he didn't notice the far greater number of clouds. Instead, he pulled the rod back to hook the Pokémon.

"Wonder what this is…" he whispered, starting to reel it in. With a tug, it finally came up…a grayish-brown Pokémon. "Ugly thing…" Sam pulled out a pokeball. He'd deal with it quickly. He threw it and in a flash, Spore had appeared on the deck.

"Shroom?" it looked at him. He grinned.

"It's been a while! Let's take this thing out! Use Tackle!" Spore charged at the fish, but it suddenly shot forward at Spore, hitting it hard in the face. "What was that?!"

"That was Splash! Feebas may look weak, but it's actually quite versatile!" Sam turned to see the man he had earlier sent flying into the water giving him advice.

"What do you want?!" he yelled. The man sighed.

"To help you out! Try and take it from a range!" Sam nodded.

"Alright, fine! Spore, use Absorb!" A green light shot from Spore's body and quickly enveloped the Feebas, starting to drain energy. Suddenly, Feebas leapt forward and smacked hard into Spore's face again.

"Shroomish!" the Pokémon cried, backing off in pain. Feebas leapt into the air for a total of about three feet. Unfortunately for Sam, this was more than enough air to land hard on Spore. It's bony body fell hard on Spore, crushing it. The mushroom Pokémon backed up, wincing in pain. Sam growled.

"Any more brilliant ideas?" he asked the fisher, who appeared to be deep in thought. "No? I'll handle this myself, then! Use Tackle again!" Spore lunged forward and the Feebas leapt at him. The two collided, sliding backwards. Both of them were growling at each other, but neither was moving at the other.

"I do have one, actually. Don't do that again! Have you got anything that might be able to stop it?" the fisherman looked at him. Sam's eyes suddenly lit up.

"Actually, yeah! Spore, use Stun Spore!" Spore let out a large body of yellow powder, which quickly washed over the flopping Pokémon. It suddenly stopped flopping and started to shiver. Sam grinned.

"Fee…bas?" it croaked out. Sam grinned; the paralyzing move had succeeded.

"Quick, heal yourself up with Absorb!" A green beam of light once more shot from Spore's body and connected with the fish. It was enveloped almost instantly and the beam changed color to red. Overhead, more clouds began to form. Energy began to flow towards Spore and Sam could see that it was recovering at a slow rate. The energy broke, much to Sam's disappointment. Spore couldn't hold it long.

"Go for another ro…LOOK OUT!" he was cut off by the fish leaping at Spore and knocking it close to the rail. Sam growled at it.

"Feebas…" it croaked. Suddenly, a loud crash echoed out. Sam's eyes snapped forward to see a bolt of lightning strike the water. A torrent of rain began to pour down from above. Sam looked at it confused.

"Don't remember a rainy forecast…" he whispered.

"Kid, you might wanna know…" the fisherman, who was now standing in the doorway to the deck. Sam glared at him.

"Your advice hasn't done me much good so far. Using Absorb got me hit; using Stun Spore doesn't appear to have worked. Any more great suggestions? No? Well then! Jump off the rail!" Spore jumped up, then pushed itself forward from the rail and flew right over Feebas. The fish, however, splashed up and crashed into the mushroom in midair. Sam growled. Why was it moving so much faster?

"Feebas!" it cried, spinning to smash Spore into the ground. Sam's eyes narrowed in fury.

"Spore, smash it with Tackle!" Feebas hit the ground but was instantly charged by Spore. The mushroom collided with the fish and the grey bass was sent flying for the first time in the fight. "Damn that felt good!" Sam roared. Finally, he had caused legitimate damage to the beastly fish. Almost instantly, though, it was up and had lunged at Spore. It stopped short, but quickly spun around and smacked the Shroomish well across the face with it's back fin. Sam growled.

"Why…are…you…so…FAST?!" he roared. The fisherman sighed.

"I've been trying to tell you! Feebas has an ability called Swift Swim. It is extremely fast when it's raining, twice as fast as it normally is. You can't outrun it…or at least you wouldn't be able to had you not listened to me earlier when I said use Stun Spore. Paralysis has slowed it down, which is how you're keeping up. You have to take it fast, though. It's a lot faster than you are." Sam looked at him, finally taking the time to appreciate the advice he'd been given.

"…okay then. Thanks, I guess. Now, go for it with Absorb!" Spore shot out the green light, which made Feebas shake in pain. It began to shake erratically. Sam knew what to do. "Now get in there with Tackle, hit it into the deck chairs!" Spore dashed forward and smashed into the fish again. This time, though, it went flying and crashed hard into a group of chairs, injuring it deeply. Sam grinned.

"Fee…bas!" his grin was broken when the fish came flying out of them and hit Spore hard in the face. Quickly, it spun around and smashed the mushroom, sending it sliding back. Sam growled.

"Why…well! Let's try this! Knock it back into the chairs!" Spore dashed forward, nearly hitting Feebas when it suddenly jumped into the air. He stopped quickly, much to Sam's dismay. Feebas fell on Spore, who was crushed by the weight. Sam grinned, suddenly struck with an idea.

"While you're under it! Use Absorb!" Spore sent out a close-range burst of green energy, which quickly began sapping the energy from the fish. Before long, most of his body had been healed.

"Now, finish it!" Sam nodded at the fisherman's word.

"Right! Flip it off, then knock it into the rail!" Shroomish jumped up, causing Feebas to crash into the deck. He then quickly lunged forward, sending the fish flying. It crashed hard into the deck railing.

"FEE…ba…s" the fish cried out in pain, then collapsed on the ground. Sam grinned.

"Spore…good work. Return…" Sam recalled the mushroom Pokémon with a grin. Walking up to the fish, he was trying to decide what to do.

"…what the hell are you doing?" the fisher asked. Sam sighed.

"I'm gonna put it back in the water, obviously. I'm not gonna kill it…" The fisher's eyes opened wide.

"You're kidding me, right? Don't be like that stupid Kliff kid! He let a Feebas go! Don't do it! They're like the Magikarp of the Hoenn region!" Sam scowled.

"All the more reason." Sam moved his foot to kick it when an odd thing happened. He slipped. "God damn it!" When he hit the ground, though, a pokeball popped out of his pack and hit the unconscious fish. The fish was quickly absorbed. Sam looked at it, mortified. What if he actually caught the useless thing?!

OOC: I IS BACK! Expect more posts very soon, i'm going for one a day until I've caught up with Neku and Zeph.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Vs. Exeggutor

Kliff could see the entrance to the cycling road coming up soon as he checked his pokenav,

"Right... this should lead me to Mauville, and my third badge," he clicked the machine off and pocketed it, "Nice."

From the grass, a boy about his age emerged and was walking in the opposite direction. As the two passed, the stranger deliberately barged his shoulder into Kliff,

"Watch it! Dumbass..."

Kliff blinked once and then turned around,

"What did you just say?" he said bewildered. The boy, with spiked dark green hair and an abnormally large collar, turned around,

"What did it sound like you idiot?"

Kliff walked up to the boy and grabbed him by the scruff of the neck,

"Look," he hissed, "If I were you then I'd walk on before I take some of those teeth out!"

"I probably should walk on," the boy said, seemingly unaffected, "for your sake. You don't look like much anyway..." Kliff raised an eyebrow, and then, with a grunt, threw the cocky guy to the ground,

"Like I said," he repeated, turning and walking away, "Walk on..." Suddenly, he heard a pokeball open and the shrill cries of a number of creatures. Turning, he saw a cluster of pink creatures,

Exeggcute: the Egg pokemon. Its six eggs converse using telepathy. They can quickly gather if they become separated.

Kliff said nothing as he threw Tok's pokeball onto the ground. The Togepi emerged, as jittery as ever.

"Pah!" the boy blurted, "the way you were acting I thought you'd have decent pokemon,"

Kliff shook his head, "Just you wait pal. You'll be surprised,"

"Y'know, somehow, I doubt it," the boy mocked as he tossed an object to the Exeggcute. Kliff looked at it mid-flight - it was a Leaf Stone. He swore under his breath as the pink creature(s) began to glow vividly and grow bigger. Blades of grass shot out from its head and ceased at about six feet in height. The light dispearced, leaving a completely new creature standing there,

"Tooooorrrr..."

Exeggutor: the Coconut pokemon. It is called 'The Walking Jungle'. If a head grows too big, it falls off and becomes an Exeggcute.

"I was saving evolution for later," the boy said, "but I guess kicking your ass would be satisfying enough,"

Kliff shook his head, "You can't intimidate me with that armless palm tree of yours there - it's only just evolved. It's still fairly weak,"

The boy glared at Kliff, "We'll just see then won't we? Exeggutor! Use Seed Bomb!" The walking tree bellowed as it fired three large seeds from the leaves on its head, all heading straight for Tok,

"Get out of their way!" Kliff ordered,

"Tokiprri!" Tok snapped as she jumped out of one's path, and then rolled under another. However, she couldn't avoid the third one, and a small, green explosion threw her backwards,

"Tok! Use Mirror Move!" Kliff called out to her. Still in mid-air, Tok formed a transparent square, and fired off a Seed Bomb attack from it. Exeggutor, not being to agile, was smaked by the three explosives head on - however stood strong as it resisted the grass type attack,

"You won't win with your stupid tricks! Use Confusion!" Exeggutor reponded to its trainer and caught Tok, still in mid-air, with psychic power. With a small push, Tok was hurled to the ground, and then thrown into a large boulder. She rolled to the ground, wincing,

"Metronome!" Kliff shouted. Tok waved her hands side to side, and then ran in for Exeggutor - arms glowing purple,

"Poison Jab," Kliff grinned, however it wasn't too last long,

"Reflect!" ordered the boy. Exeggutor formed a large yellow cube around it just before Tok struck. There was a flash and a few sparks as the attacks collided, with Tok pushing through with all her might. Exeggutor flinched at the damage, however Reflect ensured it was nothing too serious. Tok bounced back from the collision, landing on her back,

"Pii!"

"Now use Stomp! Crush it!" Kliff scowled at the boy's attitude,

"Exeggu!!" the large plant grumbled as it charged in for Tok, and lifted a leg,

"Tor!"

"Tok use Charm!" Kliff cried. Tok winked innocently at the tree monster about to crush it, causing it to stop and blush - merely tapping Tok with its foot,

"Mirror Move!"

Tok performed the mirror action and got her feet under Exeggutor's,

"Toki!" she grunted as she slammed her feet with great force into the soles of Exeggutor's. The walking tree cried out as its foot got rammed, and eventually crashed to the floor as it lost balance,

"Metronome!" Kliff called out. Tok waved her hands and then a jet of fire burst from her mouth. It enveloped the fallen Exeggutor, who screamed in pain at the attack. The other trainer growled,

"Use Confusion to fire it back and get up!"

"Utor!!" In a great display of psychic power, Exeggutor pulled the raging flames from its body and at the same time righted itself on its feet. With a burst of energy, the flames were sent shooting back at Tok, who was caught in them.

"Prrriii!" she squealed as the flames licked and burned her. Fortunately, they died out eventually and there was brief silence. Tok fell to one knee, clearly exhausted, while Exeggutor looked like it had a bit more strength,

"I've had enough of this..." the boy moaned, "Use Hypnosis!" Exeggutor's three sets of eyes stared temptingly at Tok, who was nearly drawn in,

"No Tok! Don't look! Close your eyes!" Kliff ordered. Tok suddenly snapped her eyes shut and waited for another command,

"Fine then, but block this attack! Uproar!" the boy yelled. In a messy chorus of squeals and bellowing cries, the three heads unleashed ear rattling sounds, causing Tok to fall back in pain at the shockwaves. Kliff, devoid of any ideas, went for the basic option,

"Metronome!" he called out over the noise. Tok waved her hands and then, from them, fired a multicoloured, sparkling beam straight at Exeggutor. The coconut pokemon seamed to desperately cry out in pain at the attack englufed it and sent it flying backwards.

"What was-" Kliff began,

"Signal Beam. A special move which may cause confusion," the pokedex interupted,

"...Yeah, that. Thanks," Kliff said, still bewildered by the move. Exeggutor made an attempt to get up, however tripped up over its own feet in a drunken like stagger. The boy growled harshly,

"Dammit! It's confused! Just my freakin' luck!"

"Actually, just my luck," Kliff said, "It's my Togepi's ability - Serene Grace. It doubles the chance of side effects happening. So yeah... up yours douchebag."

The two glared at each other for a second,

"... You're going down you loser!" the boy exclaimed, "Seed Bomb Exceggutor!" Exeggutor, still staggering, launched a few seeds in an attempt to hit Tok - however they were sent off in all the wrond directions sad made useless. All except one, however. A seed, which had been fired directly above Exceggutor, crashed down on its head with a boom. The large pokemon fell and groaned in a mix of confusion and pain,

"Okay Tok! Use Metronome!" Kliff ordered. Tok used its hand gestures before generating some cold air and blasting it into Exceggutor. The Icy Wind attack hit its mark, ultimately causing the pokemon to shivver, and then faint.

"Toki! Toki!" Tok cried in satisfaction. Kliff, also grinning, returned the small eggshell to her pokeball and procceeded to walk away,

"Hey you!" the other boy said retrieving Exeggutor, "I'm not done with you!"

"Wierd," Kliff replied over, "'cuz I'm done with you. Loser..."

In a fit of rage, the boy ran over to Kliff to grab his attention. Kliff saw him running over from the corner of his eye, and met the oncoming boy in the gut with his elbow. He procceeded to walk to the cycling road as the stuck up boy rolled on the floor in pain, coughing.

Kliff entered the building that was the Cycling Road's entrance. It was only now he realised he didn't have a bike.

"Not once did I think did I..." he moaned as he walked to a man over by the side of the room,

"I take it you're looking to hire a bike?" he asked in a monotone voice.

"Umm... yeah," Kliff said as he realised his question had already been answered,

"Okay then, just pick one out here and meet me by the till,"

Kliff checked the bikes and found one which was the adequate size for him. He walked over to the man at a desk,

"That's 50 dollars," he said punching something into the till. Kliff cringed - he only had 32. He placed 30 onto the desk and turned for the exit,

The man, still a bit drowsy, took the cash,

"Wait - this is only-"

Kliff was already hauling himself on his bike up the slope to the start of the Cycling Road.

(OOC: Togepower! :P Coming up next, a two part Aqua skirmish! :D)

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • @Zeph - Nice post. A bit cheeky by Kliff at the end there to skimp out on the payment! xD

Congratulations Togepi (Tok) grew to Level 11 and learned Sweet Kiss

Cycling Road Part 2
    Basically I forgot to put this in the original post DX

Upon exiting Cycling Road, you are asked to head to the Mauville Police Station, to make a report on your battle with the Team Aqua grunts. I know it's not much, but it needed to be said xD

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Warren grinned as he strode onto the ferry, flashing his pass at the gormless security guard before strolling up to the front of the boat, where the deckchairs were. After Dewford Island, he needed a chance to relax. Not that he was going to get that chance, of course.

"Pokéballs at your waist...a Knuckle badge on your jacket....you're a trainer, surely?" Warren looked up to see a grizzled, friendly-looking man holding a pair of fishing rods.

"I am. But don't call me Shirley." The fisherman raised an eyebrow.

"Well then, what should I call you?"

"I'm Warren."

"Tony." He held out his hand Warren begrudgingly took it.

"You're going to Slateport too?"

"Oh, no, lad. I work on the boat, I give free fishing lessons." Warren snorted.

"How hard can it be? All you do is sit there with a stick in your hand and get bored." Tony scowled.

"Well, why don't you just give it a try, and find out for yourself, Warren." The trainer glared up at him.

"Fine." Tony handed him a rod and the two wandered over to the edge of the boat, Tony casting his line out with a practised flick. Warren, somewhat less enthusiastic, picked up the hook and dropped it over the side of the boat. Tony sighed.

"You aren't gonna catch anything underneath the boat, boy. You need to cast further out. Look, I've got a bite already!" Sure enough, his line was twitching madly and Tony slowly began to reel it in. Eventually, he gave a short, sharp tug and a small, flailing orange fish leapt out of the water and landed on the deck of the boat, flapping about madly. Tony, bending down, grabbed the Magikarp by the tail.

"You want it?" Warren didn't answer. Tony chuckled.

"Fair enough." Straightening up, he tossed the fish back over the side of the boat, then looked over at Warren.

"So, are you going to visit the Slateport Market? They sell all sorts there." Warren raised an eyebrow.

"Like what?"

"Oh, well, it's very much for trainers. Pokémon food, Pokémon grooming, Pokémon training accessories...they do great sushi as well, what with being on the coast. Speaking of which..." he motioned at Warren's line, which now appeared to be twitching madly. Warren grinned as he began to madly tug on the reel, winding in the catch, but suddenly, it stopped, as though jammed. Warren strained, but it refused to budge.

"Tony, I think the rod's got stuck!" Tony frowned.

"But that's my good rod. I checked over it this morning." Warren frowned.

"Then what the hell...whoa!" Warren had released the reel and it had began to spin madly in the other direction, his catch diving deeper into the sea. Warren tried peering over the side, but it was too murky to spot anything.

"Alright, that's enough!" Grabbing hold of the reel, Warren slowly began to turn it once more, dragging up his tenacious catch.

"This...had better...be good!" he grunted, straining from exertion as his rod slowly began to bend.

"Oh no you don't! Get up here you great big cowardly fish!" Then, with a massive splash, a huge blue blob erupted out of the water and landed right next to the boat. Tony froze.

"Goddamit, you've gone and dragged up a Wailmer! I told you to cast further out! They follow along, in the shade under the boat, to keep cool." Warren just grinned.

"A Wailmer? Well...I think I've found a fish worth catching!" Tony blinked in shock.

"You can't be serious!"

"I'm dead serious!" Warren shouted, grinning madly.

"Silver! I hope you're ready!" He hurled the Pokéball and the small dog jumped onto the deck, before turning around and hiding behind Warren's legs.

"What the hell are you doing? Go get the Wailmer!" Silver slowly stepped forwards, looking up at the huge whale in dread. It glared at him, then opened its mouth wide. Warren and Silver dived in opposite directions as a massive jet of water erupted from the whale's mouth, spraying across the boat and sending a deckchair cart wheeling into the ocean. Tony was backing away at high speed.

"Warren! You need to calm him down, now!"

"No way! I'm catching this thing if it kills me!"

"It WILL kill you! You can't hope to beat it!" Warren narrowed his eyes.

"That's never stopped me before! Silver, get it, now! Tackle!" The dog sighed, but quickly began to dash forwards, careening at high speed into Wailmer's face, but bouncing off, as if attacking a rubber ball.

"Ok…that's not working. Try and get on top of it, Silver!" The wolf jumped forwards once more, landing on the top of Wailmer's bouncy head. The whale looked up in annoyance and began to suck in water. Warren grinned. Just as he'd thought.

"Quickly, stand over its nostrils!" Silver hurriedly positioned itself as Wailmer shuddered, then blasted a high-pressure jet out water out of its twin blowholes, sending Silver flying high into the air.

"Now Tackle it!" Wailmer looked up in shock, howling in pain as the Poochyena smacked right into the top of its head, before bouncing back to the boat. Panting heavily and limping slightly, Silver backed up, glaring at the Wailmer who seemed largely unhurt. Warren frowned.

"Okay, try Tackle once more!" Silver slowly began to charge again, but Wailmer opened its mouth and a cascade of water poured out, slamming into Silver and sending him flying across the deck, crashing into the handrail. Wailmer laughed as Warren angrily returned the wolf to its Pokéball, the loud rumblings shaking the very air.

"Okay…that didn't work. No more holding back! Cuddles, Violet, Useless! Go get him!" Warren threw the three Pokéballs and, with a blinding flash, the three Pokémon emerged. Useless looked up at the guffawing Wailmer and grinned. He looked friendly. Crying out cheerfully, the Bonsly ran forwards. Wailmer frowned, the breathed in deeply, ready to deliver another powerful attack. With a roar, it expelled a powerful jet of water. Warren gasped. Then, with a blue flash from Violet's eyes, the stream slowly shuddered to a halt, before performing a U-turn and flying straight back at the Wailmer. The huge fish howled as it was driven back by its own attack, surprised by the sudden attack. Sighing in relief, Warren held out Useless's ball.

"You, back, now!" A red beam shot out of the ball and the Bonsly disappeared from where it had been standing at the side of the boat, looking forlornly at its new friend.

"Okay, you two, get…it…wait, where did he go?" The team was now staring out at a calm and empty sea. Warren glanced over at Tony.

"Where? Where did he go?" Tony looked terrified.

"He went down…beneath the boat."

"So…he's run off?" Tony shook his head, face white.

"No…he's still here all right." Warren paused. There was nothing to do, but wait. Seconds passed by, seeming to last hours. A bead of sweat slowly ran down the young trainer's face, then splashed onto the deck.

BANG! With a huge crash, Warren was thrown off his feet, the whole boat skidding to the side as something pounded the bottom. Staggering to his feet, he looked over to see Violet and Cuddled clutching desperately onto the handrails and the sound of a door swinging shut sowed his that Tony had had enough. The boat shook again and Warren fell flat on his rear. Then, terrifyingly, with a huge crash, a jet of water erupted in front of the boat, sending the whole craft reeling back. The door leading below decks crashed open and a man in a sailor's uniform burst out, stumbling as the boat rocked madly from side to side.

"What the hell is going on here?" he yelled. Warren just pointed to where the giant whale was slowly emerging out of the sea in front of the ship. The man muttered something under his breath, and crossed himself. Warren snorted.

"Don't worry about it! I'm about to take him out! Violet! I know you don't like fighting, but if you don't help us, he could destroy this entire boat and then every one of us is dead! Okay?" Violet slowly nodded as the captain stepped back.

"Well, I hope you know what you're doing."

"Don't worry…I do. Violet, use Confusion to lift Cuddles into the air. Then, Cuddles, Fury Swipes!" The two Pokémon stepped forwards, Cuddles glowing a faint blue as he ever so slowly lifted into the air, Violet's outstretched arms the same shimmering colour. Then, suddenly, with a cry of both shock and excitement, the bear accelerated massively, shooting straight at the whale with claws reaching out. Wailmer winced as the sharp talons slashed across its face, Cuddles leaving a long scratch right down its back. Then, spinning to the side, Cuddles flew back before attacking once more. At the helm of the boat, Violet flourished her arms, like the conductor of some ethereal orchestra. Then, it went wrong. With a howl of pain and rage, Wailmer dived and Cuddles's claws slashed through nothing but water. Pausing in midair, he looked up and down, then cried out as a jet of water caught its left foot and sent it flying high into the air to crash down onto the deck. Warren swore. Violet looked up. Then, with an almighty bellow, Wailmer erupted from the depths, sending a huge wave crashing towards the boat. Warren stumbled back as the boat rocked madly beneath his feet. Violet held tight onto the rail, squealing as Wailmer roared again and again. Warren swore again.

"Hold on, I'm coming!" Dashing forwards, he tripped as the deck rocked beneath his feet, then threw himself flat as one of the deckchairs flew through the air, skimming the spot where his head had been moments earlier. Looking up, he saw Violet stagger back, hands wrenched from the rail. Then, the boat dipped and she fell right through the gap between the rails. Warren's eyes went wide. Scrambling to his feet, he leapt to the side of the boat, looking down to see Violet splashing in the water, terrified. Wailmer grinned, and opened its mouth.

"No!" Then, with one massive gulp, Wailmer's gaping maw closed around Violet and the screaming Ralts disappeared. For a second, everything seemed frozen, silent. Then, Wailmer's grin dropped. Its face contorted, as though Violet tasted absolutely foul. Warren frowned. What the hell was happening? His question was answered almost immediately as Wailmer's jaw was wrenched open and Violet floated out, limbs coated with the blue glow of Confusion. Warren gaped as both Pokémon rose high into the air, Violet with her arms outstretched and Wailmer flapping madly, trying to gain some control. Then, with a sneer, Violet dropped one arm and Wailmer was sent flying down towards the sea. It struck the water with an almighty crash and a huge wave swamped the front deck, soaking Warren to the skin. Shivering, partly from the cold and partly from the excitement, Warren stepped up the edge of the boat as Violet gracefully alighted on the hand rail, the blue glow fading. Wailmer was floating upside down in the ocean, the only sign of life a slow trickle of bubbles. Fingers trembling with the cold, Warren pulled a Pokéball out of his pocket and tossed it at the huge whale. After a battle like that, he'd better catch the damn thing.

OOC: if you spotted the obscure reference, you win :P

Back