• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
Years
  • JP by me and Zeph. :D
    Sam kept walking towards Cycling Road. It had been a fun excursion with Warren and the other one, but he had other things he had to be doing...like getting to the next gym, city, or whatever the hell it was. He was so busy thinking of where he'd end up next, he didn't notice one simple detail of the entrance to Cycling Road; it had a door. A loud crash echoed out as Sam fell on the ground.

"What the hell was that..." he muttered, standing up and brushing himself off. Nothing too bad but it was rather annoying. Opening the door this time, Sam walked inside.

The building was hardly what Sam had expected; it was dead empty. Cycling Road had seemed like nice place to meet some new people, too. Walking up to one of only three people inside, Sam knocked on the counter. The man jumped in shock.

"Please, Mr. Aqua Member, don't hurt me! I have a family!" he squeeled. Sam raised an eyebrow.

"...what the hell are you talking about? I'm just a trainer passing through..." he said. The man sighed in relief, spinning around to face him.

"Oh...sorry, thought you were one of the Aqua members who've taken custody over the bridge. They haven't come here yet but..." Sam was suddenly filled with anger.

"Aqua? Here? Give me a bike; I'm taking them down." The man sighed.

"You? Take them down? Good luck; they're way stronger than you. Still, if you wanna take the road, 500 pokedollars for a bike rental. Sam nodded, paying the man. "Thanks. Take one off that rack." The man motioned to several bikes behind Sam. Sam walked over and took the nearest one.

"Don't worry, I'll take those Aqua fools down for sure!" he was out the door shortly after saying that.

Cycling Road seemed, well, normal. Nothing out of the ordinary other than a major lack of trainers from what Sam had initially expected.

"What was that guy talking about...?" Sam whispered. As though to answer, a stream of bubbles shot out in front of him. Sam leapt off the bike just in time to avoid being sent over the edge of the raised platform with his ex-vehicle. "What the fu-" An orange crab of some sort jumped up from off the path, growling at him.

"Corphish, use Vice Grip!" Sam heard a voice yell. The crab leapt at him, one pincer aimed for his arm. Sam jumped out of the way, countless days of experience from back in Kanto going into dodging the attack.

"What's going on?!" he yelled.

"Bubble!" The crab sent out a beam of bubbles straight at him, causing Sam to jump back in confusion.

----------

Kliff was dazed, and swirling in dim light. He felt light headed, tired, and his leg was quite stiff. As he tried to recall events, a sharp pain walloped him on the face, causing him to spit out,

"What the hell is this?!" a harsh voice demanded. Kliff opened his eyes (now forming tears due to the pain) to see the Aqua man standing above him. Kliff realised that he was like a hostage of sorts - lying in a heap at the side of the road, stripped of his bag. He looked at the grunt,

"What's what?" he asked in a mixture of confusion and anger,

"This stupid thing!" he said, clutching Tok and throwing it at Kliff. At first, he flinched, but then paused and almost burst out laughing - it was the doll. Tok was still in her pokeball,

"That..." Kliff began, "would be a Togepi doll. Quite nice isn't it? Plush I think,"

The man looked like he was about to kick Kliff, still on the floor, when he heard a commotion further down the cycle path. It was a fair distance away, but there was a battle of sorts going on between another female Aqua grunt and someone else.

"I'll be back for you," the man said menacingly before running off to assist his comrade,

Kliff staggered to his feet, and then fell over clumsily. He cursed as he realised his feet were bound by rope. Carefully this time, he kneeled up and unclipped a pokeball. he wasn't getting away so easily. Looking closer at the battle further on, he couldn't believe his eyes - it was Sam. And he was about to get hit by a Bubblebeam attack.

"Gella! Use Absorb!" he called as he tossed the ball far. It rolled downhill slightly before bursting open, releasing the mass of vines infront of Sam.

"Tatang!" it wooped as it met the Bubblebeam head on with Absorb. The attacks collided and ceased abrubtly. Gella turned to face Sam, making sure he was okay. Sam looked at the Tangela; it looked so familiar.

"Where have I seen you before...?" he whispered. In response, the Tangela ran back towards what appeared to be a bag further down the path. Sam shrugged; he could see an Aqua Grunt running his way. Still, whatever that Tangela had wanted him to see, it had helped him. Running down the path, the Aqua Grunt swung a heavy fist at him. Sam, in total clueless fashion, ducked out of the way and kept running. He got to the bag behind the Tangela to see...Kliff!

"Kliff...what the hell happened to you?" Sam asked, confused at why his friend was tied up. It didn't matter too much, though. He pulled a knife out of his backpack and began to cut away at the ropes.

"Team Aqua happened. The usual 'give me your pokemon' crap, next thing you know I get bit on the leg by a fish." He began uncoiling the rope around his feet as Sam cut through it, "How's your day been?"

The two Aqua members were nearing now, their Carvanha and Corphish ready to attack. Kliff threw the rope away and stood up, wincing at his leg pain,

"Never mind, let's just beat these guys!" he said as he sent out Tok to battle with Gella. Sam grinned.

"Sounds good by me. Which one, though..." Sam reached for two pokeballs; Skorp's and Feebas's. Deciding quickly, he threw the ball. The brown fish appeared in a flash of light. "Feebas, I'm counting on you!" The Aqua members sneered at them.

"You aren't gonna beat us, brats. Just give it up!" Sam shrugged.

"We'll never know 'til we try...well, I do, actually. You two go down right here!"

Kliff stared at Sam's unusual choice of pokemon. It looked back - and for a second they were both transfixed,

"...Oh no not you..." Kliff sighed. The Feebas looked back in a sort of, 'Yep, it's me pal!' way. It couldn't have been the same Feebas he let go... could it?

"Use Bite on the Tangela Carvanha!" one grunt ordered. The piranha pokemon lunged forward, fangs bared. Without command, Tok jumped into the fray and kissed the piranha on the side of the cheek. It stopped, and began to sway in confusion.

"What the-!" the grunt spat,

"Heh..." Kliff laughed, "Tok learned Sweet Kiss. Okay Gella! Absorb!" A small green beam shot out from one of Gella's vines, smacking Carvanha and sapping its health.

"You deal with Corphish!" Kliff said to Sam, "Tok can jump between battles where needed." Sam nodded.

"Right, Feebas, use...!" Sam was suddenly hit in the chest by the fish; it had attacked him.

"Bas fee!" it croaked. Sam scowled.

"...stupid fish. Return!" he recalled the fish, grabbing Skorp's pokeball instead. "How about a real pokemon? Skorp, let's go!" Sam threw another pokeball, releasing the purple scorpion. Sam looked over at Kliff.

"Leave the first move to me! Go, use Poison Sting!" Skorp fired off a large number of purple needles at both opponents, Sam hoping behind it for a poisoning of some sort. It suddenly struck him; that other TM would be perfect...

"Grrr! Corphish! Use Vicegrip on that Togepi!" the female grunt growled,

"Cooar!" the lobster called as it escaped the Poison Sting shower and ran in for Tok, snapping its pincers open,

"Metronome!" Kliff shouted. Tok waved her glowing hands before suddenly shrinking to a miniscule scale. Corphish's pincer snapped shut on nothing, and the tiny Togepi stood under the attack,

"That was Minimize! Now, climb onto Corphish!" Kliff ordered. Tok jumped and grabbed onto the crab claw, and proceeded to clamber up the lobster's arm and onto its head. Corphish moaned and growled in annoyance as the flea sized pokemon shuffled all around it.

"Now use Poison Powder on Carvanha!" Gella sprayed purple spores all over the piranha pokemon. With that and Poison Sting - poison was inevitable.

"Ice Fang that thing!" the other Aqua thug yelled. Carvanha shook off its state of confusion unexpectedly quick, leaping forward and crashing into Gella with bared, ice cold fangs. The grass pokemon yelped in pain and tried to wiggle free. Sam scowled.

"Hold on, Gella..." he whispered, suddenly jamming the disc to Skorp's head. Energy started to build up as Sam heard Gella start to screech. The disc broke and Skorp was ready to move.

"Bite Carvhana!" Skorp leapt forward, fangs out. Carvhana quickly learned what pain meant, having Skorp's sharp teeth bury into it's side. "Now use Pin Missile!" Sam quickly recalled Carvhana's secondary type of dark. Skorp sent off several rounds of pincers into Carvhana's side before leaping. Sam was shocked when he saw that Skorp had also taken some damage. He pulled out his pokedex and scrolled to Carvhana's page. Looking up his ability, he found the reason.

Rough Skin, the ability of the Carvhana family. This move does damage to the attacker when Carvhana is hit by a physical move. Sam scowled; how would he compare with that?

"Show it Rage!" Carvhana shot forward, but Sam knew it was time to show off his new move.

"Double Team, Skorp!" Skorp suddenly split into 6, each one facing a now very confused Carvhana.

"Now Gella," Kliff called out, "Absorb!" Gella tried to move, however she shivvered and remained still. Kliff looked in confusion, and then saw that her vines had been covered in a thick layer of frost where Carvanha had bitten down,

"Bubblebeam!" the female grunt yelled. Kliff scowled as a barrage of bubbled smacked Gella in the face. However Tok was still on that Corphish,

"Use Mirror Move Tok!" The miniscule Togepi glowed faintly, before firing her own Bubblebeam attack on Corphish's head. The downward force of the attack sent the lobster on its knees, groaning from the pressure.

"Sorry Sam, Gella's frozen. Looks like Carvanha's all yours." Sam sighed.

"Just one big problem..." he muttered. "...right! Skorp, use Poison Sting!" Skorp leapt into the air, firing off another burst of purple needles at both opponents. They looked at each other, then nodded.

"Team attack! Bubble!" the Corphish's trainer yelled. Corphish stood from the needles, then fired off several harsh bubbles.

"And an Ice Fang from you!" The Carvhana charged forward at Skorp, much to Sam's annoyance.

"You don't learn...fine! Double Team!" Skorp split into several copies. Carvhana shot forward and bit something; the real one. Sam scowled. "...well that failed...try this! Bite it and throw it at Corphish!" Skorp chomped down on Carvhana, causing it to let go suddenly. Sam grinned. Skorp suddenly spun, throwing Carvhana over at the crap. The trainer, panicing, barked out a command.

"HARDEN!" Corphish got into a defensive stance, causing Carvhana to hit hard, falling to the ground in pain.

"You idiot! Why didn't you just get out of the way?!" Sam sighed as the two began to argue about the one's choice of moves. He decided to make use of the spare moment.

"Kliff, catch!" he grabbed an Ice Heal from his bag and tossed it. "Didn't need that back in Kanto; never got frozen. You could obviously use it..."

"Thanks Sam," Kliff replied as he proceeded to spray the medicine over Gella's frozen patch. The Tangela shook violently and threw the chunks of ice off her body. Now to hit back,

"Use Constrict on Corphish!" Gella tightly wrapped a few vines around the lobster, trapping and compressing it. Kliff completely forgot about the small Togepi clinging onto Corphish, only remembering when she slowly began to grow again,

"Tok, use Sweet Kiss!" Tok chirped cutely and gave Corphish a big soppy kiss on the head. The crustacian began to sway and bob its head in confusion,

"Get free with Vice Grip!" Corphish, eyes shut tight in pain, clamped onto Gella's vines and pulled them from it, sending the lobster flopping to the ground. It tried to catch Tok with its pincers, however it caught one of its 'horns' instead, causing it to cry out in pain,

"Carvanha! Use Bite now!" the first grunt roared. The fish staggered to get upright and then lunged, biting down hard on Tok's shell. The Togepi wailed as the piranha's teeth pierced and crushed it slowly.

"Absorb!" Kliff ordered in panic. Gella shot the attack straight at Carvanha, hitting it dead on. The piranha struggled to keep hold of its prey, however couldn't muster the strength and let her go, slumping to the ground,

"Now, Metronome!" Tok waved her hands and rammed into the fallen fish with what was supposedly Spark. Carvanha shrieked as it flew through the air, crackling in sparks of electricity and slamming into the ground, unconscious.

"Heh..." Kliff remarked as Tok got to her weary feet, "three on one now! You're in for it!" The woman gritted her teeth at the warning. Sam grinned in comparison.

"Kliff, leave this one to me! Skorp, use Pin Missile!" Skorp fired off several rounds from his claws, sending them at the Corphish, who was still hiding behind a Harden attack. They bounced off helplessly.

"Nice try, brat! Bubble!" Several bubbles shot out of Corphish's mouth towards Skorp. Sam growled.

"Get in there, Bite!" Skorp ran through the bubbles, occasionally wincing in pain, but finally biting down on Corphish. Sam grinned when he got a solid bite; the defenses were down for the moment. Sam looked over at Kliff.

"Care to do the honors?"

"Glady. Tok! Mirror Move!" The Togepi paused and then let loose a barrage of bubbles from her small mouth, each one smaking Corphish. The lobster let out one last cry of pain before rolling head over heels, coming to a skidding halt across the cycle path. It didn't move.

Wordlessly, the woman retrieved her fallen Corphish and nooded at her companion. The two turned and legged it. Kliff tutted,

"Constrict please, Gella." Gella chuckled as she snapped out two vines and wrapped each around the grunt's legs. The Aqua thugs fell and smacked off the ground, groaning in pain. Kliff retrieved Tok and walked over to his bag, putting the contents - including the apparently vital doll - back inside. The male grunt began to mumble something,

"I swear, as soon as-"

"Shut your trap." Kliff interrupted as he turned to Sam,

"Listen," he said, "thanks. Y'know, for untying me and all..."

"No problem, I'm sure you would've done the same. Sorry if I seemed like I was spacing out, I just fought with Warren on my side to get here...by the way, what do you think of him?" Sam asked, wondering if everyone saw Warren as an evil jerk.

Kliff thought for a second, remembering his earlier years in Pallet, "To be honest, I always remembered Warren as the typical wreckless type. I'm sure he means well though. Anyway, let's get out of here - c'mon Gella," The two boys began walking the rest of the cycling road, with a Tangela dragging the two Aqua goons.

"Oh!" Kliff said as he remembered something important, "The big guy here says he dosen't know anything about your pokemon. What about the one who ambushed you?"

"Nothing...I didn't ask, but I know. Nothing." Sam looked at his feet, realizing he had forgotten it as well.

Much to their relief, Sam and Kliff approached the end of the path. There was some activity going on outside the door to the building, however. There were two workers and two policeman respectivley, discussing something serious. One of the officers glanced and caught sight of the caught Aqua goons. Alerting his associate, the two ran over to the boys,

"What in the hell happened here?" one asked in disbelief. The other inspecting the two grunts,

"They ambushed us-" Kliff began,

"And you did this?" the second man asked, pointing to Gella's vines wrapped tightly around them,

"Well... yeah."

"Names," the first officer demanded as he redied his pen and pad, "I need your names,"

Sam stuttered for a moment - the last thing he wanted was for the Hoenn police know his name. Kliff quickly remembered Sam's privacy issue,

"He's got nothing to do with it," he interrupted, "He was passing through after this happened. Honest..."

The policemen exchanged looks, "I suppose if you had anything to tell us then you would. Okay, you can go - but you," the second officer said pointing to Kliff, "need to stay with us for a while,"

"Fine by me," Kliff said, turning to Sam, "Guess I'll see you later then." Sam nodded

"Right…and thanks, Kliff. For everything…" Sam walked away towards the city ahead of him. He eventually made it to the bike rental on the other side.

"Excuse me, sir, where's your bike?" Sam didn't even look at the man.

"Ask the Team Aqua goons." He stepped through towards the next city…every step bringing him closer to his next challenge.

OOC: Welcome back, Bulletproof! Maybe skip forward to Slateport...? Just a suggestion...

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Miles entered the Cycling Road building and noticed that several eyes were staring at him. Actually, it was mostly police men who were staring at him, and they were staring at him in a really serious way. There was only one thing Miles did at that prescise moment, and that was...

"I'M INNOCEEEEEENT!!!!" Miles cried, throwing both of his arms into the air causing the bike to fall to the ground. All of the officers ran over to him and Miles thought that they were going to throw the cuffs on him and drag him into jail for something he didn't do, but somehting completley diffrent happened.

"Hey, kid, you alright?!"

Miles looked up and blinked. "Huh...? What?"

The same officer said, "We've had Team Aqua coming through the Cycling Road several times. Were any of your pokemon taken?"

Miles frowned, cocked his head and thought for a moment. "Team Aqua....? Oh! You must mean Team Seashells! No, I beat him up and he ran away."

Most of the officers were shocked about this. "A little kid like you beat a Team Aqua member...?"

Miles heard a few other officers start muttering about the name of the team.

"Team Seashells...? I thought that it was Team Aqua? Maybe we were wrong..."

"No, they've claimed that everything they've been doing was in the name of Team Aqua..."

"But that could be a cover name! Maybe this kid knows all kinds of information about Team Aqua from the member he had beaten..."

As the police officers continued to argue and discuss the posibilites of a little kid like Miles beating up a Team Aqua (Seashells) member and also about the name, Miles picked up the bike and walked over to the desk where the rental bike owner sat.

"Here's your bike back," Miles said, showing the bike which looked a little banged up due to the run-in with the grunt.

"Hm? Oh, er, yeah... You need to pay about 300 pokedollars for the fee," the rental man mumbled, seeming to pay much more attention to the police officers than to Miles.

"Oh, really? Well, okay then. Here," Miles said, pulling out 300 pokedollars from one of his many pockets and put the cash on the counter. Then he turned and without anyone noticing, walked out of the building.

They only realized that Miles was gone when the rental bike man realized that the bike was banged up and wanted some more money for repairs, and the police officers who wanted to try and get more information from Miles started looking for him, but Miles could walk pretty fast and didn't even notice that police officers were looking for him.

It only took a few more minutes for police men to go out searching for Miles, who thought that they were diffrent police officers and wanted to arrest him for something he didn't do, again. Once they told him they were the same police officers from the Cycling Road building, they started asking him more questions about Team Aqua (Seashells).

(OOC: I just remembered that I needed to post about the police officers asking questions about Team Aqua(Seashells). Sorry if its' a bit late, and it's kind of short too, but there really isn't much to do in this post and you already graded my last one, so I just did this instead of editing my last one... Sorry.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Warren slowly came to a stop, panting heavily. Ethan might not be too tall, but he was a dead weight. Glancing down, Warren jumped in shock as he saw Ethan's open eyes staring right back at him. Ethan sniggered.

"Y'know, I've been awake for about twenty minutes." Warren didn't reply, glaring at him.

"Oh, don't be like that. I was just-"

"You damn idiot!" Warren shouted, cutting him off, "We've got five minutes to get to cycling road! If we're not there, then Guy will be gone, along with your Taillow!" Ethan paused.

"…when did you plan on telling me we were going to meet Guy? He's the one you called last night, isn't he?" Warren scowled.

"We don't have time for this! We need to get moving!"

"What, so you and Guy can ambush me and steal the rest of my Pokémon?" Warren sighed.

"Fine, you stay here, then. Guy probably wouldn't be too happy if you came too, anyway."

"So you're going to go plot with him or something." Warren rolled his eyes.

"Fine, you know what….here." Warren held out a Pokéball.

"You can hold onto Violet until I get back, okay?" Ethan frowned, looking at Warren suspiciously.

"For real?"

"I need you to trust me, Ethan." Ethan held out his hand, taking the metal sphere, nodding slowly.

"…okay. Just get Taillow back." Warren nodded, then turned, glancing at his watch. Five minutes.

"Dammit…there's no way I'll get there in time." Ethan grinned.

"I can think of a way," he said, laughing, pulling out another Pokéball. He hurled it and a large Pokémon, coated in brown fur and with curved silver horns appeared.

"Tauros! I need you to give Warren a ride, okay?" The bull snorted in response, bowing its front legs. Warren dropped his bag at Ethan's feet and swung his leg over, somewhat apprehensive.

"Ok, so how does this work?" he asked as Tauros stood up. Ethan shrugged.

"Don't ask me, I've never ridden him." Warren stared.
    "What."

"Tauros, get going!" Instantly, the bull lurched forwards and Warren bounced back, nearly flying off its back. Reaching out, he grabbed hold of a clump of fur from the Tauros's mane, pulling himself back up. Tauros didn't like that. Bellowing loudly, it began to leap and cavort wildly, Warren clinging on desperately. The bull jumped, twisting sideways, before charging forwards, then screeching to halt, trying to dislodge its rider. Warren yelled in shock, sliding forwards his arms slipped and his hands clapped firmly over Tauros's eyes. Instantly, the bull came to a dead standstill and Warren looked up, panting. Turning around, he glanced over his shoulder to see Ethan, a speck in the distance. At least he was moving fast. Slowly, cautiously he removed his hands. The bull relaxed, looking around, but stayed standing still. Leaning forwards, Warren took hold of the curved horns and gripped the bull's flanks with his knees.

"Okay…let's try that again. Let's go!" Tauros sped off once more, but this time, Warren was in control. Blinking against the wind, he looked up to see a vague form on a distant hill. Guy.

"That's where we're heading!" he yelled and the Tauros nodded, hooves pounding the earth like a drumbeat. As he neared the waiting trainer, Warren released his grip on the bull's flanks, holding on just by its horns. Guy raised an eyebrow as he approached.

"Very impressive, Warren, but-"

"If you say ANYTHING about taking the bull by the horns, I will punch you in the face!" Warren yelled, staggering a little as he hopped off Tauros's back. Guy sniggered.

"I was going to make a less tasteful reference related to bulls, but I think I'll keep that to myself."

"Damn right you will. Now, let's talk seriously, for a moment. Ethan's Taillow. I need it back." Guy sighed melodramatically.

"Yes, well it's a shame that I sold it then, isn't it?"

"WHAT?" Warren balled up his fists, glaring at Guy.

"Don't be naïve, Warren. I need a good relationship with the teams and I need cash, otherwise you're never seeing your Pokémon again."

"Well you need to find another way to raise funds, Guy!"

"How? Set up a lemonade stand? This is the real world, Warren and I need real money…" Guy trailed off, looking up at Warren. "How do you pay for food, clothes, supplies and things, anyway?" Warren frowned.

"I get an allowance from the folks, just like most trainers." Guy smiled.

"And you spend all of it?"

"Most of it."

"Then we have a source of income, don't we?" Warren frowned.

"What, now you want me to be giving you money, too?" Guy sighed.

"Well, if you don't want them back…" Warren swore.

"Fine…I guess I'll just be tightening my belt, then. But you've got a new job, too. You're getting Taillow back." Guy rolled his eyes.

"Oh, like Ethan cares about it anyway. It's not even his!" Warren froze.

"What?"

"Oh, please. You think he cares for its wellbeing? The only reason he's bothered is because of the TMs he's blown on it."

"You….you're lying."

"Oh no. Ethan's father has some connections with Silph, did you know that? He finds a lot of things falling of the backs of lorries, if you catch my drift. Ethan steals Pokémon from beginning trainers, inflates their value with TMs and evolution stones, then sells them on to the teams. It's quite a nifty little scheme, actually."

"Shut up! You're a damn liar and you're trying to make me distrust him, or something. Well it won't work!" Guy sighed.

"Of course it won't, that's why you're being so defensive right now…look, let's speak candidly. I'm not returning Taillow. I don't have it and Ethan has no right to it anyway. Our deal stands unchanged, but if you can help fund the expenses, that'd be really helpful. Like I've said before, they're championship level and the prices will be high." Warren shook his head, disbelieving.

"I don't believe this…"

"Well you'd better believe it because this is reality, Warren!" Guy snarled, losing his composure. "I need those Pokémon and the longer we take getting them, the greater the chance that somebody else will have bought them!" Warren frowned.

"Why are you so desperate to get your hands on them, anyway? You said it was some kind of secret research, but what exactly are you going to do?"

"Well, if I told you, it wouldn't be very secret, would it now?" Warren scowled.

"Fine. Don't tell me…I need to get back to Ethan, anyway."

"Why? Are you worried he might be up to something?"

"No…it's just called being a friend, Guy. I doubt you'd understand." Guy turned around as Warren clambered onto Tauros's back.

"You'll see that I'm right soon enough. Maybe not until he steals your own Pokémon from right under your nose, but you'll see." Warren ignored him.

"Tauros, ready!" The bull bellowed in response, before pawing the earth and lowering its head.

"Go!" Like a rocket, the bull shot off, leaving a scowling Guy in its wake. Warren clung on for dear life, bouncing madly up and down. In just a few minutes, he could already see Ethan looming out of the distance. Tauros skidded to a stop and Warren half jumped, half fell off its back. Ethan stared at him.

"Where's Taillow?" Warren looked him in the eye, then shook his head. Ethan swore.

"Ethan…"

"What?"

"Violet." Ethan stared at him.

"Why should I? You failed, you failed completely!" Warren gave him a hard look.

"Give her back. Now." Ethan paused, then held out a Pokéball.

"Fine. But I don't trust you." Warren sighed.

"Well, I guess I can't blame you for that. Come on, let's get moving. Cycling Road isn't that far off." Ethan looked at him distrustfully.

"We're not travelling together. Go on your own. I'm going to take a break here." Warren stared at him as he began to pull together some small branches for a fire.

"Whatever…" Turning, he glanced at Tauros, who was bending down to munch on some grass. Then, he paused, focusing on one of its tails. Glancing back to check Ethan was still preoccupied, he caught it, then looked closer. Snaking along the bull's thin tail was a barely legible tattoo.

If found, please return this Tauros to the MooMoo Farm, Route 39, Johto

Warren looked over his shoulder at Ethan once more, then turned to leave.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • @Editman - Welcome to the RP, nice start :)

Congratulations Geodude grew to Level 13
    Congratulations Aron grew to Level 11 and learned Headbutt

@Bulletproof - Welcome back! We're quite far into Hoenn now, so rather than going from the beginning, maybe you would want to jump in at the current point? You'd obviously get a similar levelled team to everyone else. Please reply in the OOC thread if you want to do this :)

@king wtch -Sorry but Psyduck is takn by Editman

@Sasuneuchiha & Zeph - Nice post guys :)
    @Sas -
    Congratulations Skorupi (Skorp) grew to Level 13
    Congratulations Skorupi (Skorp) learned Double Team

@Zeph -
    Congratulations Tangela (Gella) grew to Level 19 and learned Vine Whip
    Congratulations Togepi (Tok) grew to Level 12

@Neku - That's fine, I'll try to get Mauville up by tomorrow if I can...

@I Laugh At Your Misfortune - Oooooh... plot twist!!! Fun, fun, fun :)

Last edited:

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
  • The boat had arrived at the end of the beach that was right next to Slateport City, and as the boat had reached the docks, there was a lot of noise. This beach had a lot of people visting it, as the place was quite warm and it was right next to the sea so it was a brilliant place for kids, and families in general. The place was full of bright white sand, that the water kept turning into slushy powder.
    Sean stepped off the boat, and Mr. Briney had then set back off immediately to Petalburg. Now Sean was on his own again, so the only thing he needed to do was to go to Slateport. First though, Sean went to check out the beach and to see if there was anything useful. There was a soda bar placed next to several sets of chairs and tables where lots of people were enjoying a drink to go with this great weather. Sean didn't really have time for it, but still, it was always good to see what was available.
    Before Sean went into the city, he was thinking if he was going to see Diane again. After their encounter in Rustboro it didn't seem very likely, as she ran off screaming as she lost to him once again. If they did see each other again though, Sean knew that he'd always beat her in a battle. Some people say people get more mature with age, but with Diane, it was a totally different story.
    Sean crossed the gates that separated the beach from the city, and he didn't see much different. He could see the Pokemon Center, the PokeMart and a rather big building that looked pretty much like a Museum. Apart from that, it was a same old city that didn't look much different to Rustboro. The place was very hot though, and it was a pretty good summers day. It looked liked the kind of city that was a tourist attraction, as there were plenty of houses and hotels as well as these same old buildings.
    Sean decided to take a short look around each corner of the city, walking past a rail that seperated the city from the beach. There was also a market with lots of things on sale, and it was one thing to check out later but not just now. He carried on walking through the city, getting closer to the Pokemon Center. There were more things to see, but each building was bigger than the other. There was also one little opening at the end of the city that was most likely the next route to cross after Sean was checking out the city. As far as Sean could see, there was no Gym, so maybe the next city would have something.
    First thing was first, Sean needed to heal up his Pokemon as he didn't after he came out of the cave in Dewford and had battled many Pokemon in there so his Pokemon were in bad condition right now. Sean went over to the building and walked in, and wow, he had never seen anything like it. Everything looked as if it was cleaner, and even bigger although it wasn't. More people were invading the place as well, as they all had Pokemon that were worn out from battling other trainers either in the city or on the beach. Nurse Joy had her hands full, so Sean decided to just wait patiently on the pink sofa - the one that no one else had occupied.
    While he was waiting, Sean decided to check his phone for texts. There were no people that Sean had came across yet apart from Diane, although he was wondering about what happened to some people Sean had seen back in Kanto. Leanne especially, as she said that she was moving onto Hoenn. Maybe those two would meet again, maybe not. Everyone was going to Hoenn it seemed, but for most of this journey Sean was on his own.
    The queue was getting shorter, so Sean was almost ready to heal his Pokemon up. There was this boy in front of him that kept turning back and staring at Sean with evil eyes, it did make Sean paranoid and suspicious. This didn't seem like anyone Sean had met anywhere before, just some curious person. Sean didn't really care much yet as he wasn't really doing anything.
    Now it was Sean's time to heal his Pokemon as Nurse Joy returned with the person in front's Pokemon. Sean went up to the counter, getting his Pokemon out.
    "Hey Nurse, can you heal my Pokemon please?" Sean was the first person to speak, and once he got all his PokeBalls out, she responded.
    "Yeah course, hold on a sec." she took all the PokeBalls and walked off into the healing room to recover all his Pokemon. While he was waiting, Sean turned around to see the exact same person standing next to the door. He didn't appear to be moving, but Sean just decided it was better not to look back. He then decided to walk off, so it wasn't much of a problem anymore. It was unlikely that Sean would see him again anyway. Nurse Joy came back with Sean's Pokemon.
    "Well, here you go. Have a nice day!" she returned all of Sean's Pokemon, leaving him to leave. Sean put the PokeBalls in his bag and did so, walking out of the building.
    As Sean just left the building he was thinking to himself, who was that guy? He was so caught up in his head as it was so strange. Either the boy had a problem, or there was somewhere that the person had seean Sean before. There was nothing that Sean knew about, so he just thought it would be best to forget about it and to move on.
    Sean got out a PokeBall that contained Houndour, and opened it up. Houndour looked very perky today, as its tailw as agging and its tongue was out. The weather may have something to do with it.
    "Hey Houndour. You're looking joyful today." Sean liked to see Houndour in a good mood, and Houndour responded with a bark to show it was good.
    They both went around the city for a bit thinking what to do, as Sean walked around the city, thinking what to do first, a boy who looked around the same age as Sean had ran up to him, looking worried.
    "Excuse me! Help!" the boy looked a mess, as if he'd just came out of a fight. He was short, although facially he looked around the same age as Sean. Whatever happened, Sean was going to help. Even if he didn't know this boy, Sean looked like the person to help.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Don
    Appearance: Built rough and toughly, with short hair going down to his eyes almost, always has an adventure face on him.

Personality: Very excited when it comes to adventures or even small tasks. Always happy most of the time, a naive person and stubbern too. A picky and finicky person.

History: Don Crall was always a bright boy. Until he decided he wanted to become the Pokemon champion. Indeed, his mother, Kristin knew that he had the spirit to become the best trainer ever. But she wasn't sure if he would succeed. When he left Pallet town at the age of 13, he decided to start going out on his own and got to stay with his Grandmother and Grandfather.

Starter Choice: Wildcard, Pichu - If possible. (:t172:)

slls81

Years
  • @Bulletproof - Good post, can't wait to read the rest of Sean's travels through the Hoenn region :)

@Relith - Sorry, but Sign Ups for this region are currently full

Mauville City

Recommended number of Posts: 2-4

Description: Located in the centre of Hoenn, this city is considered as a hub for travellers from all parts.

What can you do in a City?
    Heal your pokémon
    Buy items
    Challenge the Gym Leader
    Explore the Town
    Note: You may not catch wild pokémon in the city, and you cannot have pokémon Battles, unless you're in a special area, for example a gym. This is basically a place to restore your health and relax.

Places of Interest

Pokémon Center: A place where you may heal your pokémon and sleep all for free!
    Poké Mart: You may buy Items here: Potion, pokéball, Antidote, Awakening, and Paralyz Heal
    Mauville Gym: A chance to earn your first badge, the Mauville Gym leader favours Electric type pokémon.

Wattson(2 on 2)

Pokémon:
    Voltorb

Level 15
    Attacks - Charge, Tackle, Sonicboom, Spark, Rollout

Magnemite

Level 17
    Attacks - Tackle, Metal Sound, Thundershock, Supersonic, Sonic Boom, Thunder Wave

Note - Gym battles carry a lot of experience as they are with skilled trainers. As usual the more interesting and detailed your post is, the more experience you receive. Good luck.

Mauville Police Station
    After your heroics on Cycling Road, the police have requested you to see them at their station in Mauville. Here they will provide you with an overview of the two criminal teams of Hoenn. Below is some information you can use in your description :).

Team Aqua: A criminal organisation whose ultimate aim is to expand the amount of water in the world. They have attempted on many occasions to track down and capture the legendary pokémon Kyogre, but have never been successful. The group spends a lot of money trying to locate and track Kyogre and are known to operate in the pokémon black market to fund this.

Team Magma: A group of villains attempting to expand the landmass of Hoenn. Team Magma are much less organised than their rivals Team Aqua, as well as being much smaller in terms of size. While they aim to capture the legendary pokémon Groudon, their lack of funds has never allowed them to try. They are believed to have recently begun trading on the black market in order to try and raise money and compete with Team Aqua.

Last edited:

Bulletproof

Years
  • "What's happened?" Sean was very curious to hear about what had exactly gone on, because by the sound of the boy it sounded very urgent. Houndour also looked like it was good to help.
    "This boy blonde hair and wearing dark clothes..." he paused for a minute as he was still breathing. Sean immediately clicked.
    "What? What did he do?" Sean remembered this guy, the boy in the Pokemon Center who certainly looked suspicious and now he knew why.
    "He came over to me, and asked me for all my PokeDollars... I had none so I obviously couldn't give him any, then he threatened me... he said that he'd be back for me, then he'd take them himself as well as anything else I have. I don't know what to do or who to go to!" he was panicking. Sean was sure it was this guy.
    "Wait, blonde hair and dark clothes? Just like the guy in the Pokemon Center!" now it was Sean's turn to tell the story.
    "Wait, so you've seen this guy too?" the boy was interested.
    "Yeah. He didn't say anything to me, just acted very suspicious. He kept turning around to me and then giving me evil looks. It wasn't scary, just so weird." Sean explained.
    "Looks like we both have seen him then." he told Sean. Sean didn't even know this boy's name, so he got round to introducing himself.
    "Oh, by the way, I'm Sean." he introduced himself.
    "Cool. I'm Simon, I'm from Mauville City, which is north of here. I just came to Slateport to do something. I suppose you're not from around here?" Simon also introduced himself, also getting into conversation.
    "Nah, I'm from Cinnabar Island in Kanto. I've got all the Gym Badges there and got into the Quarter Finals, and then backed out after something happened. Now I'm here because of, well, something." Sean didn't want to explain the rest. Just then, Houndour started to bark.
    "Hmm, what is it, Houndour?" Sean didn't know what Houndour was barking at first, but then Sean turned over to what it was barking at and then he saw him. The exact same person who Sean and Simon were talking about, trying to cause more trouble with another man. Nothing looked serious with them yet, but as Houndour started barking, he turned towards Sean and Simon and then shoved the man he was pestering, storming over to them.
    "You!" he seemed more focussed to Simon. While he was on his way towards Simon, Sean's Houndour jumped in and barked at the strange person.
    "Back off." Sean defended Simon, before things turned out to how they were before.
    "Oh, we meet again. The kid in the Pokemon Center, you're lucky I didn't bother you, but I suppose if you insisting with getting involved with our business then fine. Now come on kid." after the boy gave his speech to Sean, he turned back to Simon. Sean was always there to help, so Simon just said nothing and Sean went back to defending him.
    "Uh, how about no. What's the point in even bothering trying to mug people? You know you're only going to fail because there are consequences." Sean wasn't the person to state the rules, and the other boy wasn't there to follow them.
    "Ha. If you really believe in that, then you should just battle me. We'll see who's stronger. You'll look like a fool." straight away, there was about to be a battle started. The boy hadn't even introduced himself, so then he just remembered to, "Oh, and by the way, my name's Joshua. You can call me winner though." there was an edge of cockiness in his voice.
    "Well I'm Sean, but you can call me your worst nightmare." Sean made his comeback, making Joshua laugh.
    "Ha. Good one. Let's take this somewhere else." Joshua insisted. Simon was right behind Sean.
    "I'll come too. After all, if it weren't for me then this wouldn't have happened." Simon was willing to stay there with Sean.
    "Pfft, fine. What do I care anyway?" Joshua closed his eyes and turned his head. Houndour also followed Sean, as it was ready for battle.
    Joshua was guiding them across the city, not saying anything as they walked past all the bars and hotels in the hot weather. They eventually reached a building that looked a little like an out-of-business hotel, and then all three of them walked inside. On the inside of the building, there were tables, chairs and a rug placed across the floor. This looked like the room that they were going to battle in, even if it wasn't very big.
    "Here we are. Now, when I beat you I promise not to tell anyone. For the better of your reputation I propose that you don't either." Joshua sounded more and more cocky every time he spoke, and Sean didn't like it. Simon took a seat next to a table, as he was ready to watch Sean and Joshua battle each other.
    "Oh shush." Sean didn't really want to hear much more cockiness, but to just get on with showing Joshua how strong he was.
    This was it, Sean's first battle with someone new that wasn't a Gym battle, and he was definetely feeling ready. Even if it wasn't for Simon he wouldn't have ended up here, but still, it was always good for Sean to win the battle as it made him feel very confident.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Warren paused as he rode out the shack that marked the beginning of the Cycling Road. The old blue bike which he'd rented creaked as Warren leaned over the railings on the side of the path. The entire road was a bridge, spanning a huge lake and, as Warren watched, a school of Goldeen, led by a Seaking, sped through the water, leaping and playing with the sunlight playing off the water on their fins. Nearby, a long serpentine creature, beige, but with a tail coated in glistening blue scales, slipped into the water, barely raising a splash.

"Beautiful, ain't it?" Warren looked up. A man, wearing a black jacket, light blue jeans and a blue bandana was standing next to him.

"What?"

"The water. The Pokémon of the lakes and streams. Just look at them." Warren shrugged.

"I guess it's alright."

"Alright? Alright? It's awe-inspiring." The man's face hardened.

"And Team Magma wants to destroy it all…" Warren frowned.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't you know? Their ultimate plan is to expand Hoenn's landmass, supposedly giving more room for humans and Pokémon. But what about the Pokémon of the sea? Where are they meant to go? The oceans are where life began, and they require expansion…not the dry land." Warren frowned. There was something about what this guy was saying that didn't sit quite right with him. Then, it hit him.

"You're one of them, aren't you?" Warren glared at the man, balling his fists.

"You're one of those damn Team Aqua thugs!" The man raised an eyebrow.

"You've heard of us?"

"Heard of you? Your thieving team stole my Pokémon."

"Ah." Warren snarled.

"So tell me why I shouldn't just beat the crap out of you right now?" The man raised his hands, smiling slightly.

"There's no need to get aggressive."

"Like hell there isn't!"

"I'm being honest. I joined the team to help the oceans and I don't agree with some of their practices." Warren snorted.

"Yeah, I'm sure that's just so likely."

"It's true. If I wanted your Pokémon, surely I would have jumped you when you were facing the other way, rather than speaking to you." Warren grumbled. He had to admit it made sense….kind of.

"Look…let me show you the beauty of the water. There's a platform on the lake about halfway down the bridge. We could have a battle there, if you want?" Warren glared at him.

"Fine. But you're leading the way. I don't want you sneaking up behind me." The man shrugged.

"Whatever." Pedalling hard, he quickly built up speed and Warren panted as he struggled to keep up. Then, he noticed something. The two of them were charging down the bridge at a high speed, but they still hadn't passed anyone. Nobody else was on cycling Road. Warren gritted his teeth. Something was up. Then, he blanched as he saw the man screeching to a halt. Slamming the brakes on, Warren felt the back wheel lift worryingly high off the ground, before coming crashing back down. He looked up.

"This it?" The man nodded, motioning to some steps. Warren sighed, panting as he followed him to a small wooden platform, attached to Cycling Road but floating in the water. He wobbled unsteadily as he stepped onto it.

"Are you sure this is safe?"

"Of course. Now, I'll be using Carvanha." He threw a Pokéball and a brightly coloured fish with large fins burst out, splashing into the water. It surfaced, growling menacingly and glaring at Warren, its eyes apparently located inside its mouth. Warren paused, unsure who to call out. Cannonball was the obvious choice, but he'd be tired from his last battle.

"Silver, go!" The wolf landed on the platform, teeth bared and hackles raised. Clearly, it was relishing the chance of a fight. The man nodded in approval.

"Ready? Then let's go! Bite!" Immediately, the piranha leapt, jaws scissoring wildly. Silver ducked, wincing as one of its rough fins scraped his back, but was otherwise unharmed. Spinning, it leapt, swiping at the fish's trailing tail and causing it to spin as it splashed back into the water.

The man grinned.

"You're never going to do anything just waiting for my attacks, y'know." Warren grimaced.

"Fine. Silver…go fetch!" Taking a deep breath, Silver dive-bombed into the water. The man blanched. In the water, Carvanha looked up just in time to have the wolf smash straight into its face. Wincing, it sank into the depths of the lake as Silver, gasping for air, clambered back onto the platform. Warren grinned.

"Nice work!" Silver yapped happily, but the man just nodded.

"Not bad. You could see you were at a disadvantage, so you did something completely unexpected, in order to catch me by surprise. But it won't work again, and I have plenty of new moves to try out. Like, say, Ice Fang!" Instantly, the fish surfaced and latched its teeth onto the side of the boat. For a second, nothing happened, then frost and ice spread across the wooden floating platform. Warren gasped in shock as his shoes were frozen to the deck, Silver yelping as its sodden fur froze over. In seconds, the wolf was struggling to move, almost completely encased in ice. Warren swore.

"Damn it…okay, use Howl!" The wolf snarled at him through chattering teeth.

"Just do it!" growling, Silver took up in a huge breath, then let out a long, loud roar. Carvanha jumped up and down in the water, enraged by the apparent challenge.

"Again!" Silver howled once more and the piranha leapt at him, jaws open wide. The man's eyes went wide as he realised what was happening.

"No!" But it was too late. Carvanha's fangs closed around Silver's icy coat and, with a tenacious growl, the wolf leapt forwards, the icy prison shattering. The fish skidded across the platform, spitting out shards of ice. Enraged, it looked up at Silver, then leapt once more. Warren grinned. Just as he'd planned.

"Tackle and spin!" Silver leapt into the air, twirling as he did so. Carvanha sneered, but as the wolf spun, its frozen fur stuck out like thousands of miniature needles. The piranha was hit full on and bounced off the deck before landing face down in the water, bubbles trickling from its mouth.

"Alright!" Silver growled, partly in amusement and partly in annoyance. Warren paused.

"Oh, right, sorry." Bending down, he began to brush the ice off Silver's coat. Then a shadow fell over him. Warren looked up. The man, from Team Aqua, was standing there, Carvanha's Pokéball clenched in his fist. Warren grimaced. Was he going to start a fight anyway. Then the man smiled, and held out a hand.

"That was a good battle. WE could use somebody with your talents." Warren froze.

"Is that was this was about? Sizing me up for your team?" At least he had the grace to look a little abashed.

"Maybe a little. But I'm not going to force you. Just look around. The need for the oceans is obvious…don't you want to protect them?" Warren shook his head.

"Look…I don't give a damn about your beliefs. Hell, they kinda make sense in a warped way. But I am not going to work for anybody who uses threats, violence and intimidation." The man grinned.

"What...isn't that your style?" Warren glared at him. "Fine, bad joke. But, look," he held out a scrap of paper, "That's my number. Call me if you change your mind. I'm off." Warren paused.

"You're leaving?" The man looked back, a glint in his eye.

"Are you going to stop me?" The trainer narrowed his eyes.

"That depends…how much do you know about the stolen Pokémon? Where they go, who has them, when they're sold?" He shrugged.

"I'm just a low-level grunt. I don't get told anything."

"Figures." Warren paused as the man climbed back onto his bicycle.

"Why is Cycling Road empty? Where is everybody?" All he got in response was a dark look. He could figure it out for himself. Glancing down, he looked at the shivering Silver.

"Y'know, I swear this gets more confusing every day."

OOC: hooray for ambiguous morality! :P

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Welcome to Mauville City

(Yay I'm backjack! :D)

"And this all happened only moments ago?"

Kliff nodded, "Yeah. That's when Sa- that other guy, found me." The officer jotted down a few more words and flapped his notepad closed,

"In that case," he said getting to his feet, "We're done here. Take a while if you need to-"

"Umm," the second officer interrupted, standing by a payphone, "Phone call for you son."

Kliff raised a now bruised eyebrow, "From who?"

"Your mother,"

"You... phoned my mum?" he asked in disbelief,

"Well the events just now..."

"Gimmie that," Kliff butted in, walking to the reciever and swiping the black instrument from the policeman's hand. He took a breath,

"Hello mum. I- yeah... yeah I'm okay I just- mum. Mum. I'm okay, calm down. It's fine don't- mum I'm fine! Jesus... uh-huh... okay... I- no, no you don't need to- mum! You don't have to come over here... what? I'm not going home! For crying out loud... no, no they're here. Yes they've been caught... look I'm sure. Okay... okay. Love you too, I- yes. Yes... okay. Yes. Right goodbye, mum... yes... right I'm hanging up. Love you - bye." Kliff couldn't help but groan loudly as he slotted the reciever back into place.

----------

Welcome to Mauville City.

Kliff gazed at the buildings and people infesting the place. Everyone seemed full of energy and life, and there were a number of fancy, lit up and jazzy looking locations. However, his only aim was to search for the pokecentre, and sure enough it was found after a short period of time. Feeling his eyes grow heavy, Kliff slouched over the main desk with his three pokeballs in hand,

"Hello there!" an overfriendly voice beamed, "What can I do for you?"

"Take care of these," Kliff said placing the spheres on the desk, "and a room?"

"Right away," the nurse replied. She took the pokemon on a tray to the back room and emerged again with a big key,

"That's room 6. Have a nice stay!"

"Thanks," Kliff mumbled. He made his way more heavy footed than usual to the spare rooms and found his door. He inserted the key and turned, pushing the door foward. With a new sense of liberation, he kicked off his shoes, threw his bag and jacket to the side and lay down on the bed, drifting into a much needed, resting sleep.

(Just an introduction to Mauville...)

Last edited:

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Psyduck and Clara both began running towards Muadeville city via route 110, the steamy sun continued to beat down on young Clara, however Psyduck seemed as jolly as ever walking down by her side. Glancing around she looked for a nearby placed to rest under the shade however she couldn't locate any so she trekked forward. As she stepped her way through the large itchy grass she glanced down as Psyduck was staring intently at something in the grass. Pushing the huge green blades aside she saw a small Pokémon seemingly exhausted from all the heat. "What's that?" she said removing her pokedex from her bag.
    "Gulpin, the Stomach Pokémon. Gulpin is able to swallow items of its own size whole, as its stomach compresses most of its body. Its unique Acid allows it to digest almost anything." Sarah turned her face, she wasn't really a fan of poison Pokémon, however she wasn't about to let this chance slip away. Extending her finger she commanded Psyduck forward,
    "Psy!" the small Pokémon replied jumping in-between Clara and Gulpin, Gulpin did not look like it wanted to battle it was just too hot to battle. However Clara knew that if there was ever a better time to catch a Pokémon it was now.
    "Psyduck use Water Gun!" Psyduck reared its head back and squinted its eyes firing a stream of water at the pokemon, however the stream his Gulpin and seemed to do nothing but cool it off. "Psyduck keep at it!" Psyduck continued its aquatic assault but after a while it proved only to be pointless. Finally Gulpin ran away leaving both Clara and Psyduck to look stupid. "I guess some other time then?" Clara said looking at Psyduck. Continuing her push through the grass towards maudeville city, she felt the sun seemingly intensify over her very head.
    "This is crazy!" she said falling to her knee's; at the exact moment she dropped a man wearing a blue uniform tripped right over her very body. He landed not too far from her holding an item, Clara ran over to him and tried to help him up but, he snapped quicker than a rattle snake and pushed him away. Glancing down at her feet she could just barely make out what seemed to be a scale in the ground. Clara reached down and picked it up walking over to the man this time with a suspicious look upon her face.
    "HERE!" she said and flung the item at the man's head, it smacked him hard against the back of his head causing him to wince with pain. "You little Brat I'll make sure you pay for that!" he removed a poke ball and tossed it on the ground, and in a white flash a Pokémon emerged from the ball. Clara's eyebrow rose, as she removed her pokedex once more." Surskit, the Pond Skater Pokémon. Surskit inhabits ponds, rivers, and similar wetlands. They move about as though skating the water surface."
    She let off a sly smirk, Psyduck looked amped for battle, however it wasn't meant to be Clara pulled out a poke ball and tossed out her electrike. The green and yellow Pokémon was caught in a stare down with Surskit, Clara had the type advantage, but this would come down to how well she used her Pokémon.
    "Alright electrike let's start thing off with a thunder wave attack!" The Pokémon seemed to struggle for a bit finally releasing a stream of electricity into the air; however the man was quick to counter. "Surskit agility now!" the water bug, quickly slid out of the way and converged on Electrike. "Alright Surskit use bubble now!" The small bug let a barrage of bubbles fly through the air smacking Electrike in the face; however it held its ground, taking the shots from the bubble attack. "Quick Electrike while Surskit is close! Use Thunder Wave!" once again the small green Pokémon shot waves of electcity towards Surskit but it used agility once again.
    "Crap!" Clara though needing some way to catch up with the Surskit, the heat was clearly making Electrike tired, she should have just used Psyduck, but she started to formulate a plan. "Electrike leer!" Surskit was caught in Electrike's leer attack, lowering its guard. "Now quickly Electrike use Thunder Wave" the green Pokémon quickly dispatched its thunder attack stop Surskit in its tracks. "Finish it TACKLE!" she commanded with a powerful voice. Electrike smashed directly into the exhausted bug Pokémon and knocked it back to its owner's feet.
    Clara smiled, and bent down at rubbed Electrike on its back. "Nice job buddy!" she glanced at the man whom was holding another poke ball tossing it out; a zubat emerged from the poke ball. Clara glanced down at Psyduck and then back at the man. "It's time for the main event GET HIM PSYDUCK!" The small Pokémon quickly and readily jumped into action.
    "Psyduck use Water gun!" Psyduck arched its head back and released a barrage of water at the shots at the airborne Pokémon however, it could not connect. "Zubat use leech life!" Zubat came in close to try and suck the energy from Psyduck, which gave Clara an opening, waiting until Zubat was in strike range she attacked again. "Psyduck use Tail Whip!" Psyduck jumped up and quickly turned around smacking Zubat with its small tail knocking the bat off course. "Now Psyduck water gun!" The stream of water hit Zubat dead on knocking the bat down, the aqua member returned his Pokémon then looked helplessly. "Look keep the scale it's worth more trouble than it's worth anyway!" he said and then ran off back down route 110. Finally coming off of, route 110, she made it into Maudeville city.
    "Alright let's get you guys all healed up" she said walking into the Pokémon center, handing her Pokémon to nurse joy. While waiting for her friends to be finished she decided to phone back home to her mother.
    "HI MOM!" she said happy as ever to see her mother. "Clara darling, how are you!?" Her mother replied seemingly overzealous to finally talk with her child. "I'm great mom; I already have two Hoenn league badges, ready for my third, it's beautiful over here mom you should come visit sometime! But I think my Pokémon are ready so I'll call back in a few days…I love you!" Clara said switching off the phone.
    Walking over to nurse Joy, Clara retrieved her Pokémon and then released Psyduck from the ball. "Hey let's battle the Gym tomorrow, let's just go explore the city!" Psyduck nodded in agreement but then stopped and gave an evil glare. "Psyduck what's wrong?" she asked bending down to see what her Pokémon was looking at, turning her head she saw that Psyduck was face to face with a Magikarp. A bead of sweat fell down the back of her head, "Sheesh, I'd hate to see what would happen if you guys actually battled" picking her Psyduck up she walked outside and smelled the fresh maudeville city air. "My supply bag is running a bit low, Let's go to the poke mart Psyduck." Clara intently walked down the maudeville streets glancing at Trainer battles and boutiques as well as clothing stores, and it made her wonder, what it was like actually living in the city.
    "Hi Miss how can I help you today?" A man said with a smile on his face. "I'd like to purchase 2 potion and a paralyze heal please" Clara said glancing around to see if she'd need anything else. "That'll be 500$" Opening a small pouch on the side of her bag, she gave him exact change and walked out of the mart.
    "Says here on my Map, there's a game corner, and bike shop, also says here that the Winstrates happen to be Maudeville cities Premier trainers, other than the leader of course. What do you want to do Psyduck?" Clara asked looking at her Pokémon that seemed more clueless now than ever. Walking down the street Clara decided to hit the Game corner.
    "Welcome Miss you don't have a coin case, but you can rent one of Ours! Please enjoy your stay!" Clara smiled and went straight to the slots. "Hey Psyduck do you have any indication of how these things work?" Once again her pokemon shook it's head. "Me either."
    "Hey what do you say we go see what those Winstrates are all about?" she said looking down at Psyduck, The water pokemon nodded, and he and Clara waddled up Route 111 for some pre-gym training.

slls81

Years
  • @Bulletproof - Good luck in Sean's upcoming battle :)

@I Laugh At Your Misfotune - Nice post, I like the fact you didn't just go for the Team Aqua=anti-stu approach ;)

Congratulations Poochyena (Silver) grew to Level 10 and learned Sand Attack

@Zeph - Nice introduction post :)

Just a note to say I still don't have my laptop :( Once I get it back, I'll update this properly...

Bulletproof

Years
  • Joshua was standing there, looking back at Sean. No reaction was taking place just yet, as they were thinking of which Pokemon to use first. Simon was at the table at the side of the room, ready to watch the battle. This never would have really happened if Sean hadn't got in the way of Simon and Joshua's incident, but still, Sean had not had a battle yet with anyone new. Joshua spoke.
    "Let's make this battle 2 on 2. That will give you more than 1 chance to try and beat me, if you can." he still seemed so confident that he was going to win this battle, Sean had other ideas.
    Right next to Sean was Houndour, who got the impression that it was going to be the first one to battle, but Sean didn't quite want to use it just yet. Sean wanted to use one of his weaker Pokemon frst for the purpose of getting used to battling, although he didn't know what to use just yet.
    "Right, I know just what to use. Houndour, sit this out for a bit." first, before Sean was going to send his first Pokemon out, Houndour went backwards a bit to then jump on a sofa to relax. Now Sean was ready to bring his first Pokemon out.
    "Okay, now, come on Zigzagoon!" Sean got a PokeBall from his backpack, and threw it to the ground to open up and release Zigzagoon, the brown raccoon. It looked quite energetic today, as it was running around for a few seconds, before then looking towards Joshua and giving evil looks.
    Otherwise, Joshua felt not at all scared. Instead, his cocky smile got deeper and he almost look like he was going to laugh. It didn't take much thought to what he was going to use, so Joishua got the PokeBall from the pocket of his black coat and made the command,
    "So, you think you're going to win with that? Ha, like to see you try. Come out, Carvanha!" Joshua through the PokeBall in his hand to the ground and it burst open, opening up a blue and red pirhana that looked quite fierce with its big teeth. Sean felt no fear, though.
    "If you think that's scary then think again." Sean was feeling confident that he would win this battle, even if no attacks were done just yet. Joshua replied,
    "Well that's an improvement compared to your weak Pokemon, look at it. It looks like a toilet brush." now he was getting to insulting Sean's Pokemon. This was enough to get Sean starting off this battle.
    Zigzagoon didn't have many moves, but still, there were enough to do well in the battle and maybe even win with a bit of luck. The battle finally started.
    "Well I bet you won't be saying that in a minute. Show him, Zigazgoon! Use Headbutt!" the first move had turned out to be Zigzagoon's strongest and it could do pretty good. Zigzagoon charged off at a rather quick speed that got faster and faster, until its head then aimed at Carvanha who was just levitating in the same spot. Zigzagoon's head collided with Carcanha's rough skin, which did hurt Carvanha slightly as it flinched back a little before getting hit. The move was a little of a shock to it.
    This was a very strange thing though, as when Zigzagoon hit Carvanha there was a little bit of damage done to Zigzagoon in return as Carvanha's rough skin was quite edgy and painful to the Pokemon that hits it. Sean didn't care though, an ability can't win the battle for that Pokemon's trainer. It takes more.
    "Oh, you thought that was good? Ha! Carvanha, use Rage!" this move was also quite strong, but had the effect that when used, any other attacks afterwards that are used on Carvanha would cause its attack stat to raise a little. Carvanha began to turn red a bit, zooming over to Zigzagoon and then ramming towards it. The attack didn't do much damage yet, even if it knocked Zigagoon back a little.
    "Psh, that was nothing." Sean was confident of himself, but so was Joshua who gloated back,
    "You haven't seen anything yet, bro. And the time will come very soon." this was his attempt at sounding convincing, Sean was anything but convinced.
    "Well then, in that case, I'll make things harder for you as you wish. Zigzagoon, use Tail Whip!" although this move was slightly weak it sould do wonders at times as it lowers the defence of the opponent. Like so, Zigzagoon charged off again to the turn around and slap its tail across Carvanha. There was no damage done to Zigzagoon as there was no body contact with Zigzagoon. However, Carvanha did feel a little weaker after being slapped.
    "Oh I'm seriously scared. Use Focus Energy!" Joshua sarcastically spoke, before giving a command. Carvanha sparked a lot of orange energy around its body that turned visible as if it was on fire, which after a few seconds it had stopped. This energy made Carvanha more focussed and have a higher chance at making a highly successful hit. Sean was still unconvinced at this, and made another move, this time it was another attack,
    "Whatever. Use Tackle, Zigzagoon!" this was the other physical attack that Zigzagoon could use, although it wasn't as powerful as Headbutt. Zigzagoon ran over towards Carvanha, before then jumping on its rough body. Once again, there was danage done to Zigzagoon but it was pretty unoticable. However, Carvanha was getting slightly more angry. This was the effect of rage, which then made Sean begin to think. Joshua was bragging once again,
    "Oh and I bet you think I don't know what you're doing? Well I do. I've done this many times before, you'll be easy." Joshua knew the method of weakening then attacking but Sean didn't care.
    "Like that matters, I can battle the way I want. Stop being a know-it-all, because you know-nothing." Sean was sticking up for himself. Joshua was ready to command Carvanha to attack again,
    "I'll show you know-nothing! Come on Carvanha, use Bite!" this is Carvanha's strongest attack so this could be quite strong, especially with the attack boost of Rage and the high chance of critical hit with Focus Energy. Carvanha floated off at a high speed, soaring over towards Zigzagoon before opening its large jaw and taking a bite with its teeth that were sharp as kitchen knives. The attack did a bit of damage, and made Zigazgoon rather dizzy for a second but then recovered a second after. There was signs of weakness beginning to show, but there was still determination with Sean.
    "Oh well. Don't give up, Zigzagoon, use Tail Whip again!" Sean thought it would be best to carry on weakening Carvanha with Tail Whip again. Zigzagoon ran over towards Carvanha again and then roated a little before jumping and its furry tail had slapped Carvanha once again. Carvanha slipped over for a second, with signs of dizziness. Joshua kept this battle going.
    "This is getting easier and eaier. Use Bite again!" Carvanha was ready to make another attack. It made its way over towards Zigzagoon once again, but slanting a little as an effect of Tail Whip making it slightly dizzy. Eventually, Zigzagoon took a bite but had missed Zigzagoon by a couple of centimeters which was very annoying for Joshua. Carvanha returned back to its original spot with sore teeth.
    "What the hell! You're so going to pay for that!" Joshua was getting distressed by what just happened, he didn't take Carvanha's attack missing very well. Sean however was laughing,
    "Oh hahaha! That's hillarious, you really should think again before you speak mate. Now Zigzagoon, use Tackle!" after Sean had spoke, another attack was ready to be dealt. Zigzagoon ran over quickly towards Carvanha, before taking a leap onto Carvanha which really hurt as there was a weak spot on Carvanha's body that Zigzagoon had hit. This was trouble as it levitated in circles for a second, while Zigzagoon was heading back. Things were looking good for Sean so far, so Joshua thought it was time to do some more weakening,
    "You got lucky there but I promise you, that stops here! Use Scary Face!" this move was a little different as it would only slow down the opponent, which wasn't always so useful, especially right now. Carvanha's face was stiffening, as its eyes were turning a dark gold. Its teeth were then beginning to glow the exact same colour, making Carvanha's whole face look quite frightening. Zigzagoon made eye contact and felt a little intimidated, making it a little afraid to step forwards to it, and become slightly more cautious and slower. Sean didn't care though and was ready to make another attack,
    "Well you can try using these moves, you're fighting with someone who got far in the Pokemon League you know. Keep going, Zigzagoon! Use Headbutt!" Sean decided to let Joshua know who he was fighting with, but there was not much reaction. Zigzagoon followed this command and charged over towards Carvanha with its head pointed out, then digging its head right into Carvanh'as body. The attack hurt both of them, but more Carvanha as it was losing its balance a little. It almost looked like it was down but not just yet. Zigzagoon also looked a little on the weak side as well, so Joshua didn't give up being over-confident.
    "You can keep attacking, you can keep weakening me but I'm still going to win. You don't even know who I am or what I do." Joshua was trying to make Sean feel intimidated but it wasn't working right now.
    "Oh yeah? You'll be something else after this as well, and that's a moron. You don't know how cocky you're being." Sean was once again reminding Joshua of what he is, but he didn't care at all. He gave Carvanha another command,
    "See what I care. Use Bite, and make it a good one! Don't disappoint me!" he was getting quite annoyed now as he was almost going to lose the first part of the battle which would make him look a fool. Carvanha went over to Zigzagoon once again and took a bite, this time taking a pretty good hit. Zigzagoon was on the floor for a second looking as if it was almost out, but then Sean crossed his fingers for a second for it to then get back up on its legs. It was alright, but barely.
    "How can this be? You're so annoying man!" Joshua was getting enraged by how things were going. Sean was ready to finish this part of the battle off,
    "Better luck on the next part, fool. Come on Zigzagoon, finish Carvanha off with another Headbutt!" Sean was sure this would be all it takes now, and Zigzagoon was up for it. Zigzagoon ran over faster than ever with its head pointing out, and then hitting Carvanha very hard with its skull. This was enough to push Carvanha to the gound and faint, making Zigzagoon the winner.
    "Oh no! This is unreal!" Joshua was annoyed right now, losing was not an easy thing for him.
    "Get used to it. I was right, you're no good." Sean was reminding him once again. The battle was really quite close, but close was not enough for Joshua.
    "I'll get you with my next Pokemon. Come back in, Carvanha." Joshua was disappointed, getting Carvanha's PokeBall back out, then pushing the white button in the middle to retreat it back inside.
    "Good job, Zigzagoon. You deserve a rest." Sean also retreated Zigzagoon back to its PokeBall so it would rest after a good battle.
    Simon was at the side cheering on Sean, as was Houndour who was barking in support of him too. Joshua was on his own though with no one else around to help him right now, but things could all change with his next Pokemon that was coming up shortly.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • The Game Corner

Kliff knew he had slept in for too long that morning. He wasn't particularly proud of it either - but he knew it was worth it. His whole body felt stiff and sore at the slightest movements after yesterdays events. Eventually he realised that half an hour more in bed wasn't going to make any difference, and forced his way to his feet, heading for the showers.

He took a cold one. He didn't usually - but it felt really relaxing. He didn't particularly mind the fact that he was shivvering a little either, just standing there for a good while at least.

Finally sorting his hair and donning his jacket, Kliff locked the door behind him and set out into Mauville City. From what he'd heard it wasn't too shabby, and had a lot to offer. He was going to see just why...

"Hey you there!" a voice suddenly boomed from a few meters away, "How would you like to try our latest facilities at the Game Corner!" Upon inspection, it turned out to be a man in his thirties, dressed in red and obviously trying to promote the place,

"I'm sixteen," Kliff said dismissingly, "isn't that illegal?"

The man paused, "... No worries! Step right up and have yourself a good time!" He grabbed Kliff's arm and walked towards the Game Corner, laughing while doing so,

"Hey wha-!" Kliff stuttered in disbelief, "You can't force me to gamble!"

The red suited man let out another laugh, "Just see it as good fun!" He threw the doors open and plopped Kliff by a slot machine, standing over him in a lecturing manner,

"The game is simple," he said flashing a coin before Kliff's face, "match the symbols - and win! First three coins are on me, whaddya say?"

Realising he wasn't getting out of this one so easily, Kliff sighed and swiped the coin from the man's hand. Inserting it, he unenthusiastically thumped the three buttons consecutively. The three images flashed there - a cherry, a Pikachu face, and a number 7.

"Aww look how close you were!" the man said enthusiastically,

"Umm... I wasn't close at al-"

"Try again, here!" Again, Kliff snatched the coin and proceeded to hit the buttons. Two pokeballs appeared aswell as a "bar" icon.

Kliff sighed, "Can I go now?"

"Nonsense! Here," the man placed a third coin in Kliff's hand, "One more free go?"

"Fine," Kliff said slamming it into the machine, "But after this I'm off - before I turn into a bloody gambler. See I know that the chances of winning,"

"Are, realistically,"

"next to none!"

With a slam, a third 7 appeared.

Both Kliff and the man stared at the machine for a second, before coins came falling out into the tray by the bucketload. Kliff managed to crack a small grin as he scooped up some of his winnings, the other man, however, looked more scornfully at what he just gave away.

Dumping it all into a plastic bag, Kliff procceeded to the exchange counter and threw his winnings onto the desk,

"My... um, hello! What would you like to exchange for?" A young lady said politely motioning to a whole stall of goods. Kliff initially tutted at the lack of actual pokemon for prizes, however saw an orange disk that picked his fancy,

"What's that TM?" he asked pointing to it. The lady brought it to the counter,

"That's Flamethrower..."

Kliff grinned.

----------

Having exchanged the rest of the coins for proper money, Kliff strolled the streets of Mauville with a full wallet and a new TM to use. None of his team seemed suitable for it, however, so it would have to wait until future use.

He stopped outside a large building near the centre of town. Gazing at it, he read the giant sign,

Mauville Gym

Kliff nodded, "I'll be right back." Turning, he went to retrieve his pokemon. Gym badge number three was already in his sights.

(OOC: I know Togepi's can learn Flamethrower but shh :P I have a plan for that...)

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • @Bulletproof - Nice start, can't wait to read the rest of the battle :)

Congratulations Zigzagoon grew to Level 12

@Zeph - Ha, see you wasted no time in getting this up xD Nice post!

Congratulations Kliff received TM35 (Flamethrower)

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    "So you're telling me that Team Aqua is called Team Seashells?"

"Uh-hunh."

A police officer looked skeptically at Miles who was sitting in a wooden chair.

"Can I go now?" Miles asked.

Thye man frowned, and said, "Sure kid... Just be careful okay? And for the record... It's Team AQUA, not Seashells."

"Okay, whatever you say," Miles replied and he stood up and walked out of the door of the office he head been in. He walked past several of the other officers who were talking about Team Aqua and some other team called Team Magma. Miles didn't really care too much about it, but if he did happen to run into anyone like that again, he'd just beat them up again. No problem.

It's a good thing that Sis doesn't know I'm on my journey.. If she learned about this, she would come and find me and make her Machoke come and grab me and drag me back home, Miles thought, but then had a nervous look appeared on his face. I don't want to think about that and all the other horrible things she could do to me....

"Hey kid, you alright? You look a little pale," One officer commented as Miles walked by. The nervous look on Miles' face dissapearing and a smile appearing on his face, Miles answered, "Nah, I'm okay! I was just thinking about something..."

"Alright, and watch out for Team Aqua and Magma!" The officer replied, and was elbowed by another officer who had a confused look and a frown on his face who muttered, "I thought it was Team Seashellls...."

The two officers started argueing about the Team names and Miles strolled out of the Police Station.

Miles took a breath of fresh air.

"Ahhhh, it's nice to be outside again!" he said cheerfully. He had only been in the Police Station for about 10 minutes because he didn't really know anything about Team Aqua, but he had heard a few interesting little pieces of information while he waited in there. Apparently, Team Aqua - he still preffered to call it Seashells, it sounded better that way - had stolen several pokemon and sold them on black markets.

He frowned, his hand moving towards the large pocket where he kept all of his pokeballs. He didn't want to think about how horrible it would be to loose his pokemon, they were all his friends. It made him angry, thinking about people who take the pokemon who others had cared for ever since they obtained them and simply sold them, with the previous owner probably never seeing the pokemon again.

And then there was Team Magma. Apparently, both of the teams were rivals or something, but Team Magma was weaker than Team Aqua right now.

Seems to make sense, Miles thought, after all, fire is weak to water types...

He hadn't been able to pick up too much information on Team Magma because they weren't as important as Team Seashells(Aqua).

Miles shook his head, trying to get the thoguhts out of his head. He needed to think of somehting else. That's right, his gym battle. He needed to fight the gym leader, whoever that was.

I should go to the Pokemon Center first and heal everyone, they all fought pretty hard on our way here, Miles thought.

After taking a few steps he heard a man call, "Hey, kid! Yeah, you!!"

Miles blinked and stared at teh man who had called him. There were several other people gathered around him, young and old. Miles walked over to the crowd and the man.

"Yeah...?" Miles asked.

"How about a free round of slots in the Game Corner kiddo?"

Miles blinked, and frowned. "Huh...? Slots? Isn't that.... Gambling?"

The man just snickered and said in a very cheerful voice, "Oh, no, not at all!! You see, the Game Corner allows a few little special days to allow youngsters like you to play in the Game Corner and have a chance to win some fabulous prizes!!"

Miles blinked, unsure if he should take the mans' offer. He wasn't really all that interested anyway... Miles turned and was about to leave when the man hurried over to him and said, "Come on kid, try it! Look, how about I give you a quick taste of it? The first one is on me."

Miles frowned, thinking. He wans't really sure if he should take the mans' offer, but before he could answer the man decided that he would play and started leading Miles into the Game Corner.

Miles blinked, there were flashing lights everywhere.

Several people, mostly adults, were by several slot machines and at other tables. He was able to spot a few other people that were young, like him, but he was still a little unsure.

"Come on, come on!" The man said cheerfully, leading Miles to an empty slot machine. He poured a few coins into Miles' hand.

"Well, I guess...." Miles murmered, and inserted the coins into the coin slot. There was a -ding- sound and the slot machine began to roll.

Miles stared intently at the spinning slots and began to feel a little dizzy and blinked. He watched as one of the slots slowed down.

The man smiled and laughed. "Oh, a seven! It's too bad you probably won't get another."

Another 7.

The man, not paying attention continued, "You see, only lucky people can get-"

He was stopped by a loud dinging sound. Several coins were spewing out of the machine, and Miles, panicing because he thought he had somehow broken the machine, was trying to stop the flow of the coins, but his hands were blown back. The man gawked at the three sevens on the machine.

"JACKPOT!! JACKPOT!!! WINNER!!! WINNER!!" The machine beeped.

"Huh? Winner? I won...?" Miles said, confused, not knowing anything about slot machines or what the terms meant, besides 'winner'.

The man started grumbling to himmself, the cheerfulness gone.

"You won kid... Lucky too..."

"Um... Okay..." Miles said, staring at the coins, wondeirng what he was supposed to do with them. A young woman strolled by them and noticed the pile of coins around Miles feet and gave a suprised look.

"Oh! So you're the Jackpot Winner," she said.

"I guess..." Miles replied.

"Well, if you come with me, we can exchange those coins for a prize."

"Oh! Okay," Miles said.

He started gathering the giant pile of coins into his arms, and if he couldn't fit all of it into his arms, then he stuffed some into his pocket. Once he gathered all of the coins he walked over to a counter. The woman who had told him about exhancging the coins for a prize was behind the counter. Miles put all of the coins onto the counter, some onlookers staring at his massive pile of coins. After putting all of his coins on the counter, the girl pointed to a large board hanging on the wall, listing several numbers and words. Miles quickly realized that it was a list for TMs.

"Go on and pick one," the woman said.

Miles looked at all of the Tms, trying to decide which one would be the best for him to take. It would have been nice to know what kind of gym leader he would be up against, because then he could grab a TM that would give him an advantage, but then again, that probably wouldn't be able to work because some of his pokemon wouldn't be albe to learn the move. After looking through the entire list for a few minutes, Miles smiled and pointed towards the board, saying, "I want TM 28!"

The woman muttered, "TM 28... TM 28... Oh, here it is!"

She pulled out a disc that was in a containor and she handed it too Miles.

"Thank you," Miles said, and he slipped the TM into one of his pockets. He turned and walked out of the Game Corner, ready to go to the Pokemon Center. As he stepped out of the Game Corner, he pulled out the TM, a smile on his face.

"Dig..." Miles murmered, staring at the TM. He put it back in the pocket he had put it in before and made his way towards the Pokemon Center.

Bulletproof

Years
  • They were ready for the next part of the battle, both Sean and Joshua were waiting patiently as they were thinking of what Pokemon to use. This part of the battle was vital and winning it would prove who was right after all. Both of them were confident that they would win, but Joshua's cockiness was not easy to overpower. Sean didn't care though, as he knew that even if he didn't win the battle then it wouldn't be the end of his life, and there were more battles out there that would be easier to win. This was training to him.
    "Come on Sean! You can beat him!" Simon was helping Sean out, as was Houndour who was at the side, barking, cheering him on. All Joshua had was himself, but this was enough for him.
    "Oh, I wouldn't be so sure. My next Pokemon will throw you, and whatever you're going to use to the ground." Joshua got a PokeBall from his pocket, and then threw it to the ground, after shouting, "Let's do this, Lileep!" the PokeBall then burst open, revealing Lileep, a Pokemon that looked like some kind of dead plant. Of course, Sean didn't think that it would be so tough.
    "I've seen worse things that that in my back garden." Sean was making a joke, even if it didn't make Joshua laugh.
    "Oh, and I suppose what you're going to use will be something that fell out of heaven? Ha." Joshua told him. Sean chose his Pokemon, turning to Houndour who was behind him,
    "Houndour! Come on!" the command had immediately reached Houndour, and it came running over to the middle of the room where they were battling.
    "Well in that case, this will be no problem for me." Joshua was confident that his Lileep was more powerful than Sean's Houndour, but Sean had different thoughts.
    "You don't know how wrong you are. However, you will once you're going to be running away from me with tears in your eyes as you lose to me." Sean used his words to prove Joshua that he was going to win. This battle could get close, and if Sean won then Joshua would look ridiculous after all the things he said.
    They both stopped talking for a couple of minutes as they both thought about what to do first to make the battle easier for themselves. Sean decided it was better if he were to attack first though, as knowing Joshua, anything could come out of suprise.
    "Right, let's get this to a kickstart. Houndour, use Howl!" Sean commanded to Houndour who responded not long after. It opened its darkly coloured mouth, and let out a large howl that went on for about ten seconds. It was quite loud, people outside the house could probably hear it. This howl boosted Houndour's attack power, which means any attacks used now would be that bit more powerful. As this was just a move to support Houndour, no damage was done to Lileep yet. Of course, Houndour had the moves to do so, so it would only take time for Sean to use these moves. Joshua laughed as he thought the idea was quite foolish.
    "What?! Trying to make yourself stronger on the first go? You're such an idiot." Joshua was trying to enrage Sean again, but Sean just ignored him and carried on, waiting for Joshua to make a move for Lileep.
    "This is how you start a battle - show him Lileep! Use Constrict!" this was a quite weak move actually, and Lileep had better, but it was up to Joshua as to what move it should use first, not that it occured to Sean that it was slightly poor as an attack. Lileep's tentacles stretched across the floor, heading over towards Houndour who was just sitting, there, not reacting. Until, Houndour then got strangled by Lileep's two tentacles that were like plastic ropes. After a few seconds, Lileep let go and retreated its tentacles back into its body. This left Houndour feel a little down for a couple of seconds until it got its breath back, then it was as if nothing much had happened.
    "Well, I guess no attack is better than-" Joshua tried to use words of courage to make himself feel better after the slightly frail attack, until Sean had interrupted, with another command for Houndour as well.
    "Your words ain't going to get you nowhere here. Use Ember!" this was Houndour's strongest attack, so it was definetely worth the use, especially since it's the one that wins Sean a lot of battles. Houndour opened its mouth once again, and then charged up a ball of fire in its throat that got bigger while turning a brighter shade of orange, before being launched into the air towards Lileep. As it was travelling through the air, small sparks of fire were also falling on the floor, but dissolved quickly and didn't cause any fire. The ball hit Lileep right on the face which did hurt, as Lileep ran in a circle for aa few seconds, making a series of weird noises. Once the flame burnt out, Lileep stood back and calmed down. Joshua was ready to carry on, and fight back.
    "Don't let that stop you, Lileep! Use Astonish!" this attack was slightly stonger than Constrict, so better things were likely to happen. Lileep stood still for a second, before then slightly creeping over to Houndour, who was expecting an attack for a couple of seconds. The element of Astonish was to get close to Houndour before attacking out of suprise, keep trying to trick the opponent - which was exactly what Lileep did. After a few trick attacks, Lileep finally took a jump to Houndour, making ti fall backwards and onto the floor, not far a way from a standing lamp. Houndour quickly got back up onto all fours soon after, and it was okay. Sean was confident in Houndour, so it was time to make another attack.
    "Oh, your Pokemon's attacks suck, Joshua. Houndour, use Smog!" after making the comment to Joshua, Sean commanded Houndour's next move. This one wasn't as powerful as Ember, but there was a high chance of poison which was always good for a battle and could potentially ruin it for Joshua. Houndour opened its mouth again as it did with most attacks, and then let out a huge bomb of toxic gas that made everyone in the room choke for a few seconds, especially Lileep who really felt the effect in the cups in its head. The damage was getting too much, and the bad taste wouldn't go away after the gas cloud had subsided. Lileep was nausious, and had trouble standing up right now, meaning that the Smog had poisoned Lileep. Joshua panicked.
    "What the hell have you done?!" Joshua was so annoyed at Sean right now.
    "Giving you something to work with. If you don't like it, then walk out. After all, you'll look better than you will in a few minutes." Sean glanced at Lileep at the last part of his sentence. This made Joshua mad. He could not lose, his ego was too big to handle such a thing as losing to someone who he took off the street.
    "You know what, I've had it with you. You're going down in this battle, Lileep can pull through this, just watch; Use Constrict again!" this was not the smartest move to use, especially since he already used it and it wasn't so sucessful, plus Lileep did have better moves, Joshua just wasn't using them. It took a few seconds for Lileep to get the command, but as soon as it did, the tentacles from its cups were rising and slithered their way to Houndour before wrapping around its small body and tightening. The pain was like having a muscle man's hand around one's neck and then clenching at a tight grip, which waqs the sort of pain that Houndour as in for a couple of seconds. Soon after, Lileep let go and the tentacles went back. Sean still was not worried one bit, and knew what to do once again.
    "You can use that move all you like, Houndour's too strong for that. Show him, Houndour! Use Ember again!" while repetitive, it was one of two attack that Houndour had so it was still worth it, especially with how much damage it could do. Straight away with no dely, Houndour opened its mouth charging up another ball of fire, that was then launched into the air like a cannonball, which smacked Lileep on its hard rock-ish body. This attack didn't hurt as much as before, as the rockish part wasn't affected by fire as much as the leaves and the cups on its head. This was something for Sean to remember, as he did notice the difference as Lileep wasn't reacting much, only heavy breathing.
    "Oh, and you think I'm repetitive." Joshua noticed that Sean had already used this move.
    "Well your Lileep obviously doesn't have much diversity to be honest, unless of course you're not going to show it." Sean was ready to see Lileep's true colours, if there is any. Joshua's eyebrows raised as he knew exactly what to do to prove him wrong.
    "Fine then, if that's what you want, but I warn you, you're not going to like it, brother. Use Acid!" this was Lileep's strongest move right now, and was totally worth using in this situation. The effects of poison were still showing though, as Lileep was making more weird noises while drops of poison were shooting from the cups, which wasn't part of the attack, even though Acid was something close to it. Lileep was ready now, and then shot out one big ball of liquid that looked like a ripple of orange to purple. This ball of gooey acid had hit Houndour, leaving Houndour covered in the stuff which wasn't so good. This left Houndour shaking for a couple of seconds as this acid had burned, but after shaking over a couple of times, it was kind of gone, although its fur was wet and sticky with a purple tinge to it. Sean was ready to command Houndour's next move, as he knew precisely what to do.
    "Right, let's get back to weakening again. Use Leer!" Sean thought it would be a decent idea to try and weaken Lileep again before attacking, and it was probably worth a shot as after a couple more hits after, the battle could end with Sean as the winner. Houndour made eye contact with Lileep and began to strain its face, with its eyes lowering and then turning into a goldish colour, that intimidated Lileep. This look made it frightened and less defensive. The signs of this were showing as Lileep was sweating and shiverring in its shell. When enough was done, Houndour returned its face back to its original state, as Lileep was weakened enough for now.
    "Ha, so boring." Joshua commented about Sean's tactics.
    "Boring? Please, the last few minutes watching you battle were boring." Sean replied, sounding confident in himself.
    Sean just remembered that Joshua's Lileep was poisoned as well, so damage was being done each turn. It was shiverring as if it had frozen, but it was just the effect of poison taking place. Joshua needed to make some serious action if he wanted to get out of the red.
    "Let's watch you say that after I'm done with you. Come on Lileep, don't let this stop you! Use Astonish!" this attack had already been used before in the battle but Lileep only had three moves so there was not much else to do. Like before, Lileep kept making slow and fast movements towards Houndour that kept making Houndour flinch backwards. When Houndour wasn't expecting it, Lileep had then rushed over to Houndour out of suprise, causing it to fall back onto the floor, this time it was more painful than before as when Houndour fell backwards, it was like a 180 degrees flip into its back. This left off a little brooze that felt painful when touched, and Houndour's weakness was only just beginning to show. Whereas, Sean was still confident and wouldn't let a brooze stop him, no matter if it was big or small, painful or not.
    "Come on, Houndour! Don't give up! Use Smog!" although Lileep was already poisoned, Houndour didn't have many attacking moves either so it was either this or Ember, and Sean didn't want to be so repetitive. Right away, Houndour made an effort to defy the pain of the brooze, before then opening its mouth and then exhaling a toxic gas from its mouth that contaminated the room. Even simon who was at the side was coughing as a reaction to it. However, Lileep was the one who was suffering even more from this gas as its cups began to stain a darker shade of purple from the poison damage. It was stumbling, and found it hard to stand up through the pain. Once enough damage was done, Houndour stopped using Smog. The gas faded away, and Houndour was standing strong right now. Lileep, however, wasn't far off being knocked out.
    "Ugh! I'm not going to let you do this!! Don't back down, Lileep, use Constrict!" this wasn't a good idea of a move to use, but still, both Pokemon were in bad condition at the moment so anything was possible. The two tentacles from Lileep's cups had strecthed out and extended all across the room at a quick speed, before then tangling Houndour up in both tentacles, then straining them. The damage from the attack was painful, as the tentacles were touching Houndour's brooze which looked as if it was getting darker and darker, symbolizing pain. Houndour also growled slightly during and after the attack. Lileep's tentacles were retreated, and Houndour felt trouble standing on all four legs. It was finding its breath, while also trying to forget the pain of the brooze but it was so hard to handle.
    "Looks like you're not far off gone now, Sean. Told you I was right." Joshua was being cocky again, winding Sean up. He didn't have to take this, so he didn't and then attacked back immediately.
    "I wouldn't bet a thing on that, you're going to wish you never met me in a couple of minutes. Use Smog again!" Sean pointed to Lileep and commanded to Houndour. The move was getting slightly repetitive now, but after seeing the effects previously, it was still a great idea. Houndour opened its mouth again, to exhale another round of pruple gas that made everyone choke with bad reactions, but the worst reactions had been showing to Lileep. It looked as if it were about to collapse by the serious effects of poison, but amazingly it pulled through. The gas faded away not long after.
    "See, I told you, Sean. No matter how hard you try, Lileep will not fall." Joshua was still strong about his feelings.
    "We'll see about that." Sean looked over to Houndour who also looked quite unstable and looked almost knocked out, as the brroze on its back was a bright red. However, Lileep was in a poor state too so anything could cause a climax.
    "Oh, we'll see right about now... Use Astonish!" Joshua was the one to take the move that could possibly be the last one of the battle. It took a few seconds for Lileep to get the message, as it was shaking around for a few seconds, slouching and slumping, almost falling over. Once it did recieve the command, it took slow steps towards Houndour, preparing to attack. Houndour was trying to sense when the attack was coming, so its eyes were very focuessed on Lileeps' movements. When the attemp was made, Houndour made a small jump to the right to dodge the attack, and to Sean's suprise, it worked. Lileep jumped to the spot where Houndour was just standing, and as it missed, it tripped and fell to the ground for a couple of seconds. Lileep got back up and slowly walked back over to Joshua.
    "Oh no! You can't disappoint me like this!" Joshua was turning to annoyed now, and could see what was coming. Sean was amazed, and finished this battle off once and for all.
    "Awesome work Houndour, now let's finish this! Use Ember!" this was Houndour's most powerful attack, and as Lileep was in such a terrible wrecked state, there was no getting out of this. Hounour aimed at Lileep, who was standing while shiverring and heavily breathing. Then, Houndour's mouth opened as a fireball was growing inside its jaw. This fireball grew, until it was a big enough size to be launched into the air, which was just what happened. The fireball shot Lileep right away on the leaves, which was extremely painful combined with the pain of the poison. Eventually, the damage was too much to handle, so Lileep fell to the ground with crossed eyes. Sean had won the battle with Joshua, the boy who he had seen of the street, proving who the better one was.
    "Oh no! You just seriously embarassed me! How dare you!" Joshua couldn't take this, and got his PokeBall out, returning Lileep into its PokeBall. His hand turned to a fist, as he was annoyed to the max. Simon stayed quite for a few seconds after cheering for Sean's victory, as Joshua turned to him with a threatening look.
    "Houndour, that was amazing, you never fail to impress me. Now, return." Sean also got the Pokemon's PokeBalla and returned it back inside, then putting the PokeBall back into his backpack.

slls81

Years
  • @Neku - Sorry I missed this earlier :/

Congratulations Miles received TM28 (Dig)

@Bulletproof - Nice battle :)

Congratulations Houndour grew to Level 15 and learned Roar

Years
  • SU

My SU is short, unlike most of you I have a problem making characters but writing stories is my strong point, so my writing makes up for my bad SUs. So yeah, I tried but this is all I can get.

Name: Erik Hoshiro(don't ask)

Appearance: Erik Hoshiro has white hair and piercing green eyes that look very much like a snakes. He is a very tall 6'01" Feet for a person his age, and he has a weird birthmark in the shape of a star on his right shoulder, with a scar running across it. It's origins are unknown.

Personality: Erik's personality is simple, he's a easy going guy with nothing to worry about. Although that's only the half of it. In reality, Erik's true personality is those of a snake's, meaning he is very cunning and intelligent, but only when he needs to be. He's been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, so if anyone makes him angry, may god have mercy, for he shall not.

History: The reason Erik didn't become a Pokemon Trainer at 10 is because he was afraid of Pokemon at the time, even though he liked them. His older brother Gavin who was taking care of him ever since their parents left them for unknown circumstances helped him get past his fear of Pokemon, but there was one slight problem that still needed to be solved: He was very Bipolar at the time, and so that is why for the next 6 years he was treated in an asylum(a very traumatic experience), and once he was cleared, the first thing he did was get his first Pokemon. But he wasn't completely treated, there is still some of that disorder in him.

Starter Choice: Tangela please.

RP Sample: Give me a second.

Bulletproof

Years
  • Now the battle was over, and all that was left was Sean feeling great with himself as Simon had also stood next to him congratulating him. However, Joshua, who was standing a few feet away, was anything but happy. His face looked as if it had just slapped, a bright red colour that was similar to a cherry. This loss shouldn't have been so important to him, after all, no one even saw it, although losing a battle was always a bad thing for him. He went over to the door before speaking,
    "You will see me again, and next time, you won't get lucky." Joshua was sure that this was just luck being on Sean's side, as an excuse to make him sound like he was still the stronger guilty one. Sean knew he was lying.
    "Luck has nothing to do with it. You lost because I'm better, face it." Sean told him, Sounding like he knew what he was saying. Joshua made an evil look towards him, before then walking out of the building and on the way to somewhere else.
    Now in the building were just Sean and Simon, and they didn't really know where to go from here. Simon was totally greatful for Sean's help, but didn't know how to help him back.
    "Thanks for everything. None of this would have happened if you didn't help me. I owe you." Simon sounded like he wanted to help Sean out in return.
    "You owe me nothing. The battle was its own reward, and I thank you for letting me do that." Sean smiled to Simon, but this wasn't enough. Simon really wanted to do something for Sean.
    "Oh come on, I could help you anytime. Where are you going next?" Simon still wouldn't give up his efforts to help Sean, but Sean didn't say anything to tell him to stop.
    "Well I'm going to heal up my Pokemon, then probably go to the PokeMart to go and get some supplies before I go north." Sean explained to Simon. Right after Sean stopped speaking, Simon seemed as if he knew what he could do for Sean.
    "Really? I'm going back up to Mauville next. Although Cycling Road is in the way, but they have bikes to hire. I can come with you if you like." Simon suggested.
    "Hmm, not a bad idea actually... okay, meet me at the enterance to the next route in thirty minutes." Sean decided that it was a good idea to have Simon tag along with him for a bit, until he reaches Mauville. Also, Simon was fine with the idea and nodded.
    "Okay, sounds fine by me." Simon agreed to Sean. They both then walked out of the building and went different ways for a bit.
    Upon walking out of the building, Sean noticed how the sky was slightly darker than before. Afternoon had came, and not as many people were on the beach as before. It wasn't dark at all though, it was around 2:00pm which must mean everyone was in for lunch. The cluds were also moving, which could mean a change in weather than made people go away from the beach.
    However, Sean wasn't there to observe that. He went around the town, to arrive at the PokeMart, that had a sign outside of it saying 'Open' so it was alright for Sean to stock up on things he needs, as he didn't have anything except PokeBalls right now. There was nothing else around it except a couple of benches, so Sean had nothing else to se around here, so he went inside the PokeMart.
    As he opened the doors and walked inside, there wasn't many people in there. This was a good time to get some supplies before he goes to the next route, just incase there is a battle or anything. The shelves were packed with Potions, Antidotes, Awakenings, Paralyze Heals, the lot. Sean didn't want much though, as it might fill up his bag. Plus he didn't have many PokeDollars either, so it was best to only get the essential things. First off, Sean went to the Potions aisle, where he saw a rack of purple bottles that contained a blue potion that would heal a Pokemon's health. This was a good thing to get, so Sean grabbed one before walking to the other stands. On the next one, there were glass jars of kinds of medicenes that would heal status conditions such as sleep, poison, paralysis, burn and freeze. The glass jar with blue liquid had the label 'Awakening', that would wake up any sleeping Pokemon. This could be useful, so Sean also took one of these. Next to the stacks of these were aerosol sprays of Paralyze Heal, that does exactly what it says on the label, heal a paralyzed Pokemon. Sean added this to his things to be bought, before then coming across the yellow liquid-filled sprays that contained Antidote, that would heal a Poison. This would be extremely useful, especially since the amount of battles where this has happened. That was enough things for Sean, so he went over towards the counter where there were no other people queueing up to buy anything. Sean placed the four items on the desk to then have the tall man at the desk scan the items on the cashier. He then spoke.
    "That comes to a total of 500 PokeDollars." he stated. Sean got out his black leather wallet and then took 10 50 PokeDollar bills from his wallet, with the man accepting them. As he added them to the till, the receipt came out, which the seller had given to Sean to have the receipt say,

"1 Potion - $200,
    1 Antidote - $100,
    1 Awakening - $100,
    1 Paralyze Heal - $100,

Total - $500."

After Sean had collected and read the receipt, he added the four items to his backpack, then made his way out of the shop.
    "Thank you! Come again!" the cashier had shouted to him, sounding greatful for him to have came. Sean turned to smile back, before then walking out of the shop doors.
    Upon walking out of the shop, he then realized that 25 minutes had gone by so far which was a little weird, as Sean never thought that the time would go that fast. This left Sean to then head over the small brick road to the Pokemon Center, which was exactly what he did. There were lots of people by, some with their Pokemon out, some not. The place definetely was more calm after the morning though. Sean had then reached the Pokemon Center, and walked inside.
    There were quite a lot of people in there, maybe more people than before. This could be a result of aftermath from having so many people on the beach earlier, so many had had Pokemon battles and now they're healing up.
    Sean went to wait in line around the back of the queue that contained the ten people which wasn't so convinient, but no queue lasts forever. So many people in the Pokemon Center were having arguments though, predictiably as they lost the battle. Sean even heard a girl slap a boy before the boy replied to her saying 'Oh why not have your Pokemon as the trainer? Maybe they could teach you to do something useful once in a while.' as well as a series of harsh words, which was a little funny for Sean to hear, although slightly nosey. The queue shortened as Sean had thoughts about what else Hoenn had to offer here, and if Mauville had the next Gym Leader to battle. There was high chances of this, and with more preparation, it would be no problem. After the noisey queue had shortened, Sean eventually made it to the front.
    "Hello, can I help you?" Nurse Joy questioned Sean.
    "Yeah, can I have my Pokemon healed, Nurse?" Sean obviously knew this was what he wanted. Nurse Joy accepted each one of his PokeBalls and wandered off to the healing room, where in no time she came back out with all the Pokemon fully healed.
    "Wow Nurse, that was fast." Sean was impressed to see her work so hard.
    "I know, I've been working so hard this afternoon, and I'm used to it now. I suppose the screaming people stimulate me, nothing makes me laugh more than an argument." she started to have a conversation with Sean, before handing him his Pokemon back.
    "I know what you mean, just heard those boys and girls argue." Sean referred to the comments made before by the boy to the girl. This was then time for Sean to go back out, after Nurse Joy wished Sean a nice day.
    The Pokemon Center was not that far away from the north of the city, so Sean didn't have so much of a far distance to walk. He could already see a person standing next to the banner saying 'Slateport City', signalling the end of the city. Sean was making his way over to the next route, excited to see what it would be like, as well as the upcoming city and Cycling Road.

Back