• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
  • Warren was panting lightly as wheeled the bike up to the rental shack at the end of Cycling Road. Pushing open the door, he stepped over to the desk and handed the rental ticket to the cashier. The twenty-something guy looked up at him.

"Hey, you didn't meet anyone on the bridge, did you?" Warren froze.

"What? Why? Who's on the bridge?" Seemingly taken-aback, the cashier shrugged.

"I dunno. Those guys have just been asking everybody who comes through here anyway." We jerked his thumb over at the exit where two policemen were waiting, polystyrene cups of coffee in their hands. One tall, clean-shaven and with a friendly face. The other short, bald and with black stubble covering his chin. Warren looked back at the guy behind the desk.

"Little and Large? What's happened? What's going on?" Another shrug.

"I dunno. They've just been questioning everybody passing through." He paused for a second, scratching his chin.

"But now that I think about it, there haven't been many people coming through here today. We're normally pretty busy at this sort of time." Warren bit his lip, then jumped suddenly as a hand tapped him on the shoulder. He spun around to see the tall policeman smiling politely at him.

"Are you alright? You seem a little jumpy." Warren's mouth flapped uselessly for a second.

"....I'm fine. Just tired." The policeman frowned.

"Are you sure? You didn't run into anybody suspicious on the bridge, did you?"

"No, I-I'm fine," Warren stuttered, slowly stepping backwards towards the door.

"I just need to get going. Gyms, badges, all that stuff, you know." Without waiting for a reply, he turned around and dashed out of the door, pausing outside for a moment. He clenched and unclenched his fists for a moment, breathing heavily. Why didn't he just turn the guy in? He could just hand over the phone number and the police could track him down from that. Pulling the scrap of paper out of his pocket, Warren unfolded it to reveal a surprisingly childlike scrawl. Scribbled above the barely legible number was a name. Eric. Well, there it was. He had enough information for the police to track him down with ease. So why not just hand it over? Suddenly, the door behind him swung open and he hurriedly stuffed the paper back into his pocket, turning around to see the shorter policeman looking at him suspiciously. Had he seen?

"What's your name?" He called, his voice hoarse and rough.

"Warren. Warren Simmons." The policeman nodded slowly.

"I'm Detective Winters. We need to talk to you." Warren froze.

"About what?"

"I think you can tell us. Come to the Police Station in Mauville this afternoon, around two."

"Are you arresting me?" Winters narrowed his eyes.

"Not yet." With that, he turned and strolled back inside, leaving Warren with a stricken look on his face. Now what?

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    "Miles Rail, your pokemon are fully healed!" Nurse Joy announced.

Miles got up from where he had been waiting and walked over to the counter where Nurse Joy was always behind and she handed him his pokeballs. He thanked her and he put his pokeballs into his pocket where he usually kept them. He walked back over to the table he ahd been sitting at and pulled out his TM.

I wonder who I should give this too.... Ponyta and Taillow can't learn it. I'm not sure if Zurill can either, so maybe Electrike or Zigzagoon... Hm, Miles thought, staring intently at his TM, thinking about which pokemon on his team could learn the move.

"H-Hey!! Is that a Dig TM?!"

Miles looked over at the voice. A young boy was staring with wide eyes at the TM in Miles' hand. "Uh, yeah, it is..."

"Wow! Hey, will you trade it with me?!"

"Trade....?"

"Yeah!" The boy said. He pulled out a bunch of TMs from his backpack and said, "You can take any one you want! Come on!!"

Miles frowned. He didn't really want to trade away with his Dig TM. He was sure it would come in handy later in the future, so he wanted to hang onto it.

"Sorry," Miles said, "But I'd rather keep it... Thanks anyway, though."

The excited look on the boys face dropped. "A-are you sure you don't want to trade it?" The boy said hopefully.

Miles shook his head, saying, "I'm sure. I want to keep it."

A flash of rage appeared on the boys' face. "I'll battle you for it!!" He shouted angirly.
    "What?"

"I said, I'll battle you for it! If I win, I get it!" The boy shouted, a look of rage on his face.

Miles put the TM back into the pocket where he had been keeping it. Saying cooly, "Well, if you want to, but you aren't getting this TM."

The boy snorted and said, "Come on!! Let's take this outside!!!"

Both of them walked and made their way outside of the Pokemon Center, with several other trainers watching them with intrest, murmuring to themselves.

"Alright!!! I'll decide the rules! We'll have a two on two battle!!" The boy yelled across the street.

"Fine with me," Miles called over. The wind blew, causing Miles' unzipped vest blow in the wind, along with his bandanna tied around his arm and his brown hair with his blonde streaks showing in the sunlight. A crowd of people, trainers and regular people alike had gathered around to watch. Miles didn't really mind. He also thought that the battle would be a good experience before his next gym battle for his pokemon.

"Let's get started!!" The boy yelled. He grabbed a pokeball and threw it, the pokeball opening in mid-air and realeasing a pink dog-like pokemon with blue spots on it.

"Snub, Snubbull!!" It barked.

Miles heard his pokedex beep form inside his pocket, "Snubbull, a normal type pokemon."

Miles grabbed a pokeball from his pocket and yelled, "Alright, let's go, Electrike!!"
    Electrike appeared in front of Snubbull. Electrike looked questioningly at Snubbull for a few moments, and Snubbull, noticing this, huffed and puffed its chest out, trying to look tough. Electrike snorted and started making a laughing sound. Snubbull, realeasing the air it held in too puff its' chest out gave a shocked and angry look at Electrike.

"Snubbull, Snub?!" (Hey, what're you laughing at?!)

Electrike, stil having a laughing fit, barked, "Elec, Electrike Elec!!" (Haha, nothing, except for teh fact that a girly, ugly pink mutt is in front of me!!)

Snubbull growled in anger, and without his trainers' order, used a Tackle attack on Electrike. Snubbull hopped back a few feet, barking, "Snubbull, Snub Snub!!" (Heh, take that!!)

Electrike snorted, unphased by the attack. He had a bored look on his face and barked, "Eelctrike, Electrike Electrikeeee!!!" (Pffft, that didn't even hurt... Come on!! I want a tougher opponet than this she-he mutt!!)

Snubbull gave a look of outrage and pointing its finger stub towards Electrike it barked angirly, "Snubbull, Snub Snub.... Snubbull!!!!" (Why you, you're a... Stupid green stripey dog!!!)

There was silence for a few moments, then Electrike burst out with the same laughing sound, barking, "Electrike? Elec...? Elec, Elec Elec!!!" (Huh? Stupid green stripey dog....? Ha, hah hah ha, what a pathetic attempt of insulting me!!!")

Snubbull snorted in rage again, stomping its' paws on the ground.

"Snubbull, what's up with you?!" The boy yelled. Giving an annoyed look, he yelled, "Snubbull, use Tackle!"

Snubbull charged towards Electrike, ready to tackle him, but Electrike simpy leaped out of the way. Snubbull skidded across the pavement, stopping his attack and whirling around towards Electrike who was still chuckling a little bit.

Miles, knowing Electrikes' personality well enough to know what he had been doing, yelled, "Electrike, use Tackle!"

Electrike barked and charged towards Snubbull, who attemtped to jump out of the way, just like Electrike had done before, but was too slow and got tackled.

Snubbull, yelped in pain from the hit. Electrike retreated back a few steps away from Snubull, ready to avoid any other attack Snubbull would direct towards him. Snubbull shook its head and glared angirly at Electrike.

Electrike snorted.

"Snubbull, use Scary Face!!" The boy yelled.

Snubbull smirked and then shut its eyes.

Miles, knowing what Scary Face did, yelled, "Electrike, look away from Snubbull!!"

Electrike snorted, not thinking that this attack would do anything at all. Deciding to do what his trainer said, however, he was turning his head away, but before completley adverting his gaze away from Snubbull, Electrike gave a quick glance towards Snubbull and his eyes widened, his body freezing up.

Glowing eyes and a vicious smirk appeared on Snubbull, but it was just an image in front of Snubbulls' face. Electrike stood, unable to move and his tense shoulders slumped a bit. Miles frowned.

Now Electrikes' defensive power has fallen... Miles thought frowning.

The boy yelled, "Now Snubbull, while Electrike can't move, use Bite!!!"

Snubbull smirked, the evil image infront of its face dissapearing and it dashed towards Electrike with its stubby legs, opening its mouth, getting ready to clamp its fangs down on Electrike.

Miles yelled, "Electrike, come on!! Get out of the way!!"

Electrike growled, and stopped thinking about the Scary Face image and leaped out of the way, but Snubbull made a leap after Electrike and clamped its jaws down on Electrike. Electrike, alarmed, let out a growl of pain.

Electrike tried to get out of Snubbulls' grip, but it had a tough pair of jaws and wouldn't let go. Electrike stood up and tried shaking Snubbull off, but it wouldn't work.

Miles thought for a moment, then he yelled, "Electirke, use Thunder Wave!!"

Electrike smirked, and small sparks began to gather around on Electrikes' green fur and shocked Snubbull. Electrike and Miles' both expecting Snubbull to release its grip on Electrike were shocked. Snubbull was still holding on to Electrike, but after a few moments its body flinched, but its jaws were still clamped firmly on Electrike.

The boy started laughing. "You think that'll work?! I trained my Snubbull so that he can clamp on to any pokemon and not let go because of any attack that could cause a status problem, like paralysis or a burn!"

Miles frowned, thinking, trying to think of a way for Electrike to somehow get out of Snubbulls' grip, but no idea came to his mind. The only good thing about Electrike not being able to attack, Miles thought, is that Snubbull can't do any damage either... This is pretty much a stalemate until Snubbull will let go to use another attack, and Electrike can use that moment to get away.

"Snubbull, use Fire Fang!!"

Miles' eyes widened when he heard that.

Flames began to emerge from Snubbulls' mouth, and the flames burned into Electrikes' fur.

Electrike yelped in pain. "Elec!!! Electrike!!!!"

Electrike struggled in Snubbulls' grip, trying to escape the flames that were singing his fur, but just like his previous attempts, it failed.

The boy started laughing. "Ha! I bet you thought that Snubbull wouldn't be able to use any other attack while he was biting Electrike, but I taught Snubbull a bunch of moves that would be able to let him attack while he has his opponet pinned by his Bite attack!!"

Miles frowned. There wasn't much he would be able to do in this situation. There was no way Electrike would be able to escape from Snubbulls' jaws unless Snubbull let go first, and the Fire Fang attack didn't help the situation, it only helped the other trainer win. Miles began thinking of some way for Snubbull to let go, but he couldn't think of any. he watched Electrike who was panting, the flames had burned out and Snubbull, looking confident still had his jaws clamped down on Electrike.

"Alright Snubbull, use Ice Fang!!!" The boy yelled.

Snubbull let out a faint growl, and ice shards began to form around Electrike, stabbing him. Electrike yelped with pain at the shards of ice pushing against his body. He tried struggling again, but it only made the ice of shards push into his body more and caused him more pain.

Miles frowned, thinking furiously for a way for Electrike to escape.

Electrike won't be able to hold out against these Fire and Ice Fang attacks too long... I need to find a way for Electrike to get out of Snubbulls' grip, but with those shards pushing against him around Snubbull, it won't... Miles stopped in mid-thought, an idea forming in his head. He looked at Electrike and Snubbull, staring at the shards of ice gathered around Electrike, and Snubbull. Miles started looking around the street they were on, his mind still working his idea to free Electrike. He smiled when he found an open space in between the crowd by a wall.

This could work....!

Miles yelled, "Electrike, use a Tackle against that wall over there!!!"

Electrike blinked and looked over to the wall Miles' mentioned. It was only a few feet away. Electrike realized what his trainer had meant and smirked. Electrike growled and began to charge towards teh wall, with Snubbull being dragged alongside him.

The boy started laughing and said, "Hey, what's up with that?! You'll only hurt your Electrike!"

Miles ignored the boy, a smile appearing on his face.

Snubbull was now waddling on its stubby paws ttrying to keep up with Electrikes' speed so he wouldn't be draggged along on the street.

Electrike grit his fangs as he continued to make his way towards the wall with increasing speed form his Tackle attack. The ice shards kept pushing into his body, but he kept going.

Then, right before Electrike was about to crash right into the wall, Miles yelled, "Electrike, swing your head over so Snubbull will crash into the wall!!"

Electrike smirked and let out a loud howl and began to swing his head over to one side so Snubbull would get a face full of wall.

The trainer gave an alarmed look and cried, "Snubbull, quick, let go!!"

Snubull struggled, trying to release his grip on Electrike, but couldn't. The ice shards that had been the result of its Ice Fang attack were attacthed to Snubbulls' mouth and around its' head, preventing it from releasing its grip on Electrike.

There was the sound of ice shattering.

Electrike stood on all his fours, panting a bit, but having a smirk on his face and was looking down at Snubbull who was laying on the ground, shards of ice from its Ice Fang scattered around its body, some of the shards pushing against its' body. Snubbull whimpered in pain and flicnhed, the paralysis finally taking effect.

Miles', still smiling yelled, "Electrike, throw Snubbull up towards the air using Tackle!!"

Electrike, whose smirk got wider barked in agreement and put his head down by Snubbull, then Electrike threw his head upwards, sending Snubbull into the air.
    "Snubbull!!!!!" The trianer cried, watching in horror as the bright pink and blue dog flew upwards and began to descend.

If Snubbull managed to get in another Bite attack, there was no way they would make the mistake of using Ice Fang again, so then there really would be no way for Electrike to free himmself, Miles thought. In mid-air, and paraylsed as well, Snubbull won't be able to use Bite attack, and to make up for lost time, the speed Snubbull will be falling from plus a good attack from Electrike will do some major damage on it!

"Electrike," Miles yelled, "Use Tackle attack to crash right into Snubbull before it hits the ground!!"

"Eleeeec!!!"

Electrike hopped back a few spaces, and when Snubbull began to decsend to the ground faster Electrike rushed forward, ready to crash into Snubbull.

Snubbull, unable to move and flinched form the paralysis attack looked towards the ground with wide eyes filled with fear when it would hit the ground.

"Snu-!!!" It let out a weak cry, as it only got a few feet away from the ground.
    Electrike leaped into the air.

Snubbull cried with pain.

"Snuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!"

Electrike crashed into Snubbull head first, and Snubbull was sent flying. It bounced along the road a few times, crying in pain. Snubbull panted heavily and stood up on shaking paws. It flinched. Paralysis came through once again.

"Electrike, use Tackle again!" Miles yelled.

Electrike dashed forward, his paws punding against the pavement. He tackled right into Snubbull, a direct hit.

"Snuub!!" Snubbull cried in pain and fell to the ground, unmoving.

"Snubbull...? Nooo!!" The boy cried.

"Elec, Electrike!!" Electrike barked, looking proud form his victory.

"Great job, Electrike," Miles said smiling.

The boy returned his SNubbull and pulled out another pokeball. "You won't win this time," the boy growled.

Miles returned Electrike and shrugged, then reached into his pocket to swap with another pokemon. He would have kept Electrike in, but after that suprising Bite, Fire Fang Ice Fang strategy he didn't want to take anymore chances.

"Go, Skitty!"

"Come on, Zurill!!"

Zurill appeared on the street and let out a happy, "Azuuu!!"

A pink cat pokemon emerged from the trainers' pokeball. "Nyaaa..."

Miles heard his pokedex beep, "Skitty, a normal type pokemon."

I wonder if his whole team is filled with pink pokemon, Miles thought.

"Skitty, use Tail Whip!" The boy yelled.

Skitty dashed towards Zurill with its stubby little paws. "Nya!" It cried as it swung its' big pink tail towards Zurill.

"Zurill, use Tail Whip to cancel out Skitty's Tail Whip!!" Miles yelled.

"Azuuu!!"

Zurill swung her big blue round tail forward, Skittys' tail bouncing right off her tail.

"Nya?!"

Miles smiled and yelled, "Alright Zurill! Now, use Mud-Slap!"

Zurill's tail had brown muck cover it, then she swung her tail forward, mud splashing everywhere on Skitty.

"Nyaa!!"

Skitty, unhappy with the fact that its' fur got all dirty, began to try to lick the mud off its fur.

"Come on Skitty, pay attention to the battle, not your fur!" The boy cried. Skitty just continued to lick its fur furiously.

"Zurill, while Skitty's distracted, use Splash!!" Miles yelled.

Zurill hopped onto her tail, and using it as a spring, she flew into the air, sitting on her tail like a chair. As she plummeted down towards the ground, she cried a happy, "Azzuurill!!!"

Skitty, finally clean heard its trainer yell, "Skitty, quick, use Tail WHip to block Azurills' Splash!"

Skitty, looking upwards and saw Zurill coming down towards it at an alarming rate made its' tail rise upwards just when Zurill was about to hit Skitty. Zurills' tail smacked down against Skittys' tail, and Skitty fell to the ground after a few moments and Zurill hopped back over near Miles. Skitty hopped back onto its paws though, the damage from the Splash attack had been reduced since it had used Tail WHip to block the attack at the last second.

"Great Skitty, use Tackle!" The boy yelled.

"Nya!"

Skitty dashed forward towards Zurill.

Miles yelled, "Zurill, use Charm!"

Zurill gave a cute, innocent look on her face and hopped onto her tail, rocking on it back and forth. Skitty stopped in its attack and stared at Zurill, watching her being cute.

"Zurill, use Splash combined with Mud-Slap!"

Zuirll, still keeping the cute look on her face for a few moments, bounced into the air, mud covering her round tail. She fell towards the ground, straight towards Skitty.

"Skitty, use-" the boy started, but stopped when he saw a few drops of mud fall onto Skittys' fur.

Skitty, alrarmed that its' coat was dirty began to lick her fur, trying to get rid of all the mud. Skitty, distracted with cleaning its fur, didn't pay attention to Zurill who was coming down at an alarming rate.

"Skitty, stop! Pay attaention!" The boy cried, but it was no use. Skitty was still occupied with licking its fur clean.

"Azuuu!!!"

Zurill crashed down on Skitty, who cried in pain form the force of the blow.

"Nyaaaaaa!!!"

Mud splattered all over Skittys' body as it lay on the ground, crushed by Zurills' tail. Zurill bounced off to the side, bouncing on her tail happily.

Skitty got up shakily and cried in distress when it saw its coat covered in even mroe mud. Once again, it continued licking furiously much to its trainers' dissaproval.

Miles thought, That Skitty care much more about its looks rather than how the battle is going, and that's going to be its' downfall!

Miles yelled, "Zurill, use Mud Slap again!"

Zurill bounced forward near Skitty and slapped her tail forward, mud materializing and splattereing all over the once pink cat.

"Nyaaa!!"

The boy yelled, "Skitty, use Fake Out!"

Skitty slapped her tail towards Zurill, but missed.

Skitty can't see that well because of the mud, so its' accuracy has decreased. Now its' attacks might not be able to hit Zurill, Miles thought.

"Skitty, use Sing!" The boy yelled.

Miles' eyes widened.

Skitty stopped licking its fur and opened its mouth, meowing a song with little musical notes floating towards Zurill. Zurill, curious, stared at the musical notes with big eyes.

"Azu...?"

"Zurill, no, don't!" Miles yelled, but it was too late.

The musical notes floated around Zurill, and her eyes were dropping. She shook her head, but then he sat down, leaning against her big tail and fell asleep.

"No!"

The boy smiled and called over to Miles, "Unlucky, huh? Once Skitty is done licking its fur, you Azurill is going down, and I'll get that TM!"

Miles frowned and looked at Skitty, who was frantically licking itself, and then at Zurill, who was sleeping peacefully.

Come on Zurill, wake up! Miles thought, biting his lip.

Skitty got closer and closer to being perfectly clean, and Zurill still hadn't woken up.

"Nya!"

Skitty was clean.

The boy smiled and yelled, "Alright Skitty, use Tackle!"

Skitty meowed and dashed towards the still sleeping Zurill.

Come on, wake up, Miles thought staring at Zurill.

Skitty tackled into Zurill, who was pushed back a bit from the attack because her tail prevented her from going to far. A frown appeared on Zurills' face, like she mgiht wake up, but then she just let out a sigh and the peaceful look returned on her face as she slept.

"Skitty, use another Tackle attack!" The boy yelled, smirking confidently.

Skitty meowed and ran towards Zurill once again.

Zurills' ears twitched. Miles looked hopefully towards Zurill for the fact that she might wake up. Zurill blinked and yawned with a tired look on her face. She hopped onto her tail, still loking a little tired.

"Azu...?"

Skitty tackled into Zurills' tail, which made Skitty bounce back from her big tail and caused Zurill to fall off her tail and to the pavemnt on her back.

"Azu!"

"Nya!!"

Zurill hopped back onto her tail, and she didn't look very happy about the fall she had taken after she had just woken up.

"Zurill, use Mud-Slap!" Miles yelled.

Zuril hopped forward, ready to hit slap Skitty with her tail whenever she had the chance, but then Skittys' trainer yelled,

"Skitty, use Fake Out!"

Skitty raised its tail, ready to hit Zurill as soon as she came close. Zurill neared Skitty, one of them going to strike each other with an attack.

"Zurill, use Splash to propell youself away from Skitty to avoid the attack!"

Zurill threw her tail to the side and pushed her tail off the ground, sending her flying to the other side. Skitty gave a suprised look and whirled around to the other side, but Zurill did the same thing with the Splash attack, getting out of Skittys' way whenever Skitty face her.

Skitty whirled around in every direction Zurill had jumped too from her tail, but Zurill would just bounce in another direction using her tail to move faster.

Miles watched patiently, Zurill knew what his idea was. They just had to wait until Skitty...

"N-nya!"

Skitty tripped and fell to the ground in the opposite direction Zurill was while trying to keep up with her.

"NOW!" Miles yelled. " Use Mud-Slap!!!"

"Azzzuuuu!!!"

Azurill sprang forward with blinding speed using her tail, the she whirled her tail around, with mud materializing and slapped Skitty, sending the pink cat flying a few feet form the blow.

"Nya!" The pink cat pokemon cried as soon as it hit teh ground. Skitty lifted its muddy, dusty paw and brought it close to its face in an attempt to lick it, but its paw fell and its head fell to the ground.

"Alright Zurill! Great job!" Miles praised. Zurill let out a happy squeak and with a big bounce of her tail, landed into Miles arms.

The boy muttered to himmself as he returned his Skitty.

"I guess that TM is still yours since I lost..." He called over to Miles. He sighed and turned, walking off in another direction.

"Come on, Zurill," Miles said smiling. "Let's go back into the Pokemon Center and get you and Electrike healed up. Then, it's off to the gym!"

"A-zu!!"

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • Sorry this is going to have to be a quick one...

@Bulletproof - Nice post, can't wait to read your post on Cycling Road ;)

@I Laugh At Your Misfortune - Well that Inspector Winters really seems to have taken a shine to Warren xD

@Neku - Nice battle post

Congratulations Electrike grew to Level 10 and learned Leer
    Congratulations Azurill (Zurill) grew to Level 10 and learned Bubble

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
  • "Oh, hey Sean." Simon noticed that Sean was coming his way, while he was standing next to the banner that signalled the end of Slateport City. Sean eventually reached him, then responded.
    "Hey Simon, totally ready to take on the next route now, can't wait." Sean certainly looked as if he was ready, as he was, with all the Pokemon with him as well as supplies for battle, just incase.
    "Nice, by the way, we're going have to take the Cycling path to Mauville, as the walking one is really difficult as there are big trees." Simon explained, which was quite helpful to Sean as Simon knew more about Hoenn and his area than Sean did. This left Sean slightly confused though, as he didn't have a bike.
    "I don't have a bike, what can I do..?" Sean was unsure of what he could do, but right away, Simon answered.
    "Oh don't worry, there are bikes up for rent at the building next to the road. You can get one of those, I have my own." Simon explained to Sean, making him feel relieved that he didn't need to take the other route.
    "Awesome, in that case, let's go I suppose." Sean was ready to set off towards the next route, but before so, a suprise, a PokeBall had opened randomly, causing one of his Pokemon to shoot out. The Pokemon that came bursting out was Surskit, the small little water sipder that looked quite adventurous today.
    "Oh, hey Surskit. Want a walk?" Sean thought it was great to have a Pokemon walk with him along with him. Surskit made a noise and nodded, as if it was saying "Yes." which was great. Surskit jumped onto Sean's arm and tangled itself around him. Simon thought this was cute.
    "That's well cute, I suppose I'll let one of my Pokemon walk with us too." Simon got a PokeBall out, and then opened that up as well. Out came a multicoloured moth, that looked rather evil, although it wasn't really.
    "Come on Dustox, you could use a walk." Simon told his Pokemon, before it then looked as if it was agreeing to Simon. After both of them had Pokemon out, they decided to finally get walking down the route, firstly walking past several bunches of big evergreen trees which was the exit of Slateport.
    As they both walked down the path with a lot of trees, they then had came to the point where they had entered Route 111. This route didn't look very big from this area. There was one path to the side of them that would suspectidly be the other way to reach the next city, although right in front of them was a building with a rail next to it, which was suspected to be Cycling Road. Weirdly, there were a lot of smoke clouds emerging in quite a wide distance of Cycling Road, which was a little weird looking. Both Sean and Simon looked at each other when they noticed this.
    "I swear that wasn't there before..." Simon told Sean, who looked very confused just as Simon was.
    "Uh, maybe we should check that out?" Sean didn't like the look of it, but they had to cross one way or another. Besides, there could be trouble and no one might have been helping out.
    They both approached the door to the building aside them, which had a notice on the door, which seemed as if it could be important, so Sean read it. Halfway through reading this, Sean noticed the words 'Team Aqua' sprout, which was shocking to him. This made him gasp straight away and stop reading as he turned to Simon and said, "It's them..."
    "What the hell are you on about? Who is 'them'?" Simon responded, with a blank face.
    "Team Aqua. The fools that stole my Pokemon back in Kanto." Sean felt a flashback coming at the end, which made Sean think if this was the start at trying to get them back, although it was only going to be grunts on the road.
    "Oh, those. I've heard of them, my sister had an encounter with them, she got lucky..." Simon also revealed his past experience with them, so they both now had a reason to be after them.
    "Looks like we both have some revenge to spare. Shall we go?" Sean was ready as ever to go check out Sycling Road and see if anything was a serious problem.
    "Totally. Ready as I'll ever be." Simon replied. Sean placed his hand on the doorknob, before twisting it and pushing it to walk inside this small building. Sean's Surskit was still on Sean's arm, whereas Dustox was right behind Simon, flapping its brightly coloured wings to pass through the door with them.
    The first thing they noticed as they walked through the door, was the huge amount of blue graffiti on the wall opposite them. It looked as if it had said something like 'Aqua' which made sense as they were the ones on Cycling Road, and that they were defintely up to no good at all. In this building, there was a slightly loud humming noise that was coming from somewhere, not any of the two doors, but behind the counter and in front of the graffitied wall. Sean and Simon walked over, and then leant down to notice that there was a guard of Cycling Road underneath with arms tied together with tape, as well as his lips, which was where the noise was coming from as he was attempting to speak. The first thing Sean did was reach his hand over to the guard's mouth, to then tear off the piece of yellow tape from his mouth. He spoke immediately.
    "Finally! I've been waiting for that!" he shouted, seeming really impatient.
    "Uh... you're welcome?" Sean thought that what the guard just said was a way of saying thanks.
    "Well aren't you going to take the rest of the tape off as well? I can't move!" he seemed really ungreatful, and Sean didn't like that so he folded his arms for a moment, until the guard gave a sneer back. Sean decided to untie him, but the tape was too tight to tear by hand, so Sean decided to take use of Surskit's sharp legs.
    "Fine. Surskit, use your legs to cut the tape." immediately, Surskit hopped off of Sean's arm and then glided right down its body, acting as a pair of scissors to slice the tape. Once the tape was off, Surskit leapt back onto Sean's arm to then have the guard stand up.
    "Well, I guess I owe it to you. However, those Aqua grunts have to be stopped." the guard told him, finally thanking Sean for helping.
    "Oh don't worry, I'll stop them. It shouldn't be hard." Sean told him, with Simon also speaking,
    "Me too. They sure sound like a pain." both of them had now agreed to stop the grunts on Cycling Road, although it wasn't going to be as easy as they thought.
    "They sure sounded difficult, but good luck. the guard had wished them good luck trying to defeat the Aqua grunts as the guard, and no one else had really done anything.
    "Totally, come on, Simon." Sean had tuned to Simon who then followed Sean to the door to the right of the building, before then realizing one thing, Sean didn't have a bike.
    "Oh, I forgot, I need a bike..." Sean went over to the bike stand where it was possible to rent a bike.
    "Free of charge, as you're willing to help out." so there was indeed a way that the guard had helped them.
    "Thanks." Sean had replied, before then going back to the door with the bike, and then walking out of the building with Simon and Dustox close behind him.
    They both stepped onto the steel flooring that was Cycling Road, with railings situated around each end to stop people from falling off, it was like a bridge. There were lots of people biking back from the other side of the bridge and then rushing past both Sean and Simon, the people looking really unaccomplished as if something had happened. This made them both feel less confident.
    "Maybe... this isn't a good idea." Simon was the less confident one out of the two of them, but Sean wouldn't give up.
    "What do you mean? Someone has to do it." Sean was the only one who felt the need to sort this out,l but in the end, Simon stood strong, and was ready to accompany Sean.
    Before they went off, they needed to get their bikes. Sean had already done so with his rented back sood beside him, while Simon was getting his buildable bicycle from his backpack. Once he got the pieces out, it only took a minute to put all the pieces together and then the silver bicycle was ready to be riden. They both leapt onto their bikes with their Pokemon attatched to them, and then set off down the bridge with their feet on the pedals, racing each other.
    They both got closer to what looked like some people who were standing still next their bicycles, wearing black and blue clothes with the letter 'A' made out of crossbones on the hoods of their hoodies. Both Sean and simon had guessed that this was them, so they both looked to each other to speak.
    "Uh, I think that's them." Sean told Simon, with him feeling the same.
    "Yeah, it sure looks like it. Come on." Simon wanted to get in there right away, so that was exactly what they did as the speed of their bikes rose, getting closer to these people, before they had eventually faced the two boys. One of them was a girl, the other three were boys, although the girl appeared to be the bossiest. She spoke as soon as she saw them.
    "Well well well, look what we've got here, more deadwood." she pre-judged straight away as Sean had got off his bike, looking at her with evil emotions.
    "Wow, I was about to say the same!" Sean felt funny after saying this, but the girl couldn't take a joke easily. She flicked the dark red hair from the side of her eyes.
    "Are you talking to me?" this was the part where this Aqua Grunt was beginning to act cocky with him, but Sean felt no fear.
    "Yes, actually. I've dealt with stupid grunts like you before in Kanto, and they were scarier than you to be honest." Sean explained to her, making her big head even hotter, not takign any insults.
    "Don't you dare insult Aqua, we grunts have ways of shutting you up." she was beginning to threaten Sean, although he was totally ignoring it.
    "What are you going to do to me, tape my mouth like you did with the guard? That certainly worked." Sean was getting clever with her, which was really getting on her nerves. She didn't like to be contradicted.
    "Well wouldn't you like to find out. The same way of getting rid of the other twerps that tried taking us on and failed, my Pokemon totally wrecked them and you're next." Sean seemed to be the only one getting involved with these grunts, so Sean spoke again.
    "I'd like to see you try. Go on Simon, go to Mauville, I'll handle her." Sean insisted that Simon would go to Mauville as he wasn't involved with the argument, so he sat on his bike, just before the girl grunt spoke again.
    "Where do you think you're going?" she dropped Simon into this, before he had then decided to speed off on his bike as fast as he could.
    "You guys, chase him! Can't let him get away and call the cops!" she seemed to be the grunt that commanded the others, as the boy grunts had headed off on their mountain bikes as well, just leaving Sean and the grunt who he was arguing with.
    "Right, pretty sure he did nothing." Sean didn't like seeing Simon being brought into this as he didn't really do anything to deserve it.
    "I can't risk anyone finding out, so now that you're here, I'm going to pulverize you, then send you back with your lips shut." she was just like the other people who challenged Sean: vain, over-confident, cocky - but Sean knew where this got them.
    "We'll see about that, girl." Sean was confident in himself as well, as grunts like these were taken down in Kanto, although that was Team Rocket, this is Team Aqua who were a totally new kind of group who were unpredicatble right now, the battle would give Sean his impressions.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Vs. Wattson I

Kliff stood outside the Gym once more, this time sending out all three of his pokemon - Zabe, Tok and Gella. Each of them looked around the vast new city surrounding they found themselves in. Zabe found a big bit of shadow next to the Gym wall and sat down, sighing. The other two waddled over to join him, happy with the shield from the sun.

"Okay here's the deal. Now I've been thinking about this for a while now -" Kliff began, "the leader in here uses electric types, so none of you are at any disadvantage." He turned first to Gella,

"Grass can resist electric quite well, so you'll be fighting today Gella. That, and you're my strongest team player. Zabe," he said to the Sableye this time, "The opponent's bound to have normal type moves, so you're going in too."

Tok's face dropped and a massive sulk followed,

"Sorry, but you're still fairly weak compared to Gym pokemon. And we can't rely on Metronome - it's too risky." Kliff returned his pokemon and walked into the huge building.

It was quite unusual inside. Along the sides, against the walls were a few coil-generator things, crackling and glowing with electricity. The interior itself was metal (save the marble floor), and it all looked fairly clean considering it was a pokemon Gym. At the other end of the arena, a door opened and a short, aged man stepped out,

"You wish to battle me?" he asked in expectation,

Kliff nodded, "Yep! I'm Kliff Carterson, here to challenge you,"

"Bwahahaha! Jolly good!" the man boomed joyously, "You can call me Wattson! The leader of this here place!"

Both trainers took their places, before a big screen lit up on the edge of the field,

"This is a 2 on 2 battle between leader Wattson and challenger Kliff Carterson of..." a roboic voice spoke, before stopping. Kliff got the idea,

"Oh, Pallet Town,"

"Pallet Town. Only the challenger can make substitutions."

"Why didn't you just get a referee?" Kliff asked. Wattson laughed,

"I've got all this electricity lad! Gotta find some way to use it!" he boomed.

The computer referee beeped, "Begin."

"Voltorb, let's get things rolling! Paha! Rolling! Get it! Hahahaa!" Wattson yelled as he tossed a pokeball into the air, releasing an even bigger ball who frowned sternly at Kliff,

Voltorb: the Ball Pokemon. It rolls to move. If the ground is uneven, a sudden jolt from hitting a bump can cause it to explode.

"Okay Zabe, you're up!" Kliff threw Zabe's pokeball onto the arena, releasing the Sableye. Zabe did a backwards flip before grinning at Voltorb. Both were ready,

"Okay Voltorb, start with Charge!" Wattson ordered.

"Torb!" the sphere began to emit a yellow glow around it, shuddering as it built up its electrical power. With a thrust of energy, the glowing ceased and Voltorb gave off a few jolts,

"Charge boosts the power of the user's next electric move." Kliff's pokedex beeped, "It also boosts the user's Special Defence stat."

"Use astonish Zabe!" Zabe immediately umped into the air, landing right infront of Voltorb with a ghoulish face. Voltorb shrieked in fright and rolled backwards a few feet,

"Now use Night Shade!"

"Eye!" snapped Zabe as it fired two black bolts of energy from its eyes, striking Voltorb at close range. Voltorb was sent hurling backwards until it crashed into one of the walls. Zabe clapped his hands childishly as its foe regained itself,

"Spark please Voltorb!" boomed Wattson. Like a cannonball, Voltorb zoomed right into Zabe, crashing into him and sending harsh electrical jolts through his body. Zabe bounced back a few feet, flinching with small sparks,

"Leer!" Kliff ordered, "Then Scratch it!" Zabe picked itself up and stared down Voltorb with a flash of its eyes. The sphere paused, leaving it open,

"Sable!" Zabe leapt, baring its claws first and then slashing Voltorb with them. The electric sphere was sent tumbling, Kliff siezed the opportunity,

"Night Shade!"

"Oh no you don't! Show 'em what your Rollout can do Voltorb!" Wattson shouted in response to Kliff's attack. Zabe fired another black bolt, however, suddenly picking up speed, Voltorb darted out of the way and rammed into the ghost type. Zabe blurted out in pain and was simply ran over by Voltorb, who flew through the air briefly before landing and turning around to face his foe, still spinning madly.

"How do you like them apples kid!" Wattson exclaimed, "The best part is it gets more powerful each time it hits!"

Kliff grunted, "I'll just have to avoid it then won't I? Use Night Shade again Zabe!" Zabe faced its opponent and, again, threw a black bolt of energy at the spinning ball,

"Charge!" Voltorb, still spinning at mad speeds, again glowed yellow and built up electrical energy. Night Shade hit, but Voltorb was unmoving.

"Voltorb's special defence gets boosted from Charge, cutting Night Shade's power," Wattson called over to Kliff, "that, and the momentum it's going at means your attack is near useless! Bwahahaa!!"

The absurd laughter was getting to Kliff,

"Rollout again!"

"V-v-voltorb!"

Voltorb boomed off of the spot it was in and smashed into Zabe in the blink of an eye. The Sableye cried out as it was thrown off its feet and backwards, tumbling and grinding to a painful halt several meters away. Kliff cursed, but he had a solution,

"Zabe, get up!" he called over to his pokemon. Zabe breathed heavily as it slowly got to its feet, facing Voltorb once more.

Wattson laughed as Voltorb gained even more speed, spinning at what Kliff could only guess was hundreds of miles an hour, "You're determined, yes, but this is the end of the line for your Sableye! Rollout - pummel it!!"
    Kliff could barely register what Wattson had sad as Voltorb charged in again for Zabe,

"Okay Zabe…" Kliff said as he waited for Voltorb to get close,

"Astonish!"

Zabe suddenly screeched and flashed its claws just before Voltorb hit. In total shock, the orb suddenly came to a halt, kicking up dust from the momentum. There was a pause as Voltorb's terrified eyes were mere centimetres away from Zabe, who was baring his sharp teeth for even more effect.

"Use Scratch, now!" Kliff called out. Zabe, still grinning, swung its whole arm and slashed at Voltorb. The ball pokemon was struck hard, and as a result was sent into a vigorous spin,

Wattson let out a laugh, "Turn that spin into a Spark attack!"

"V-v-v-voltorb!" The orb swiftly altered its balance and began to spin madly again, this time crackling with raw electrical energy. Like a dart, it shot off its mark,

"Use Night Shade!" Kliff shouted hastily. Zabe fired two black bolts at the oncoming electric ball, striking it and slowing it down slightly,

"Push Voltorb!!" Wattson commanded in a mixture of encouragement and force. Voltorb's sparks intensified and were flickering everywhere around it, gradually it pushed more and more into the Night Shade. With a final push, the orb broke through and pummelled into the Sableye, sending them grinding back along the floor. Zabe was forced to grip the ball at the sides, still doing its best to keep up Night Shade.

"C'mon Zabe! Hang in there!"

"Wahaha!! Sorry kiddo, Voltorb's as good as finished off your ghost there!"

The pain was showing in Zabe's face now, struggling to even stand its ground. Voltorb must have been in pain too, but it was going too fast to tell.

"Sableeyeee!!"

With an exasperated roar, Zabe's attack intensified, briefly swamping the whole arena in darkness. With a crackling sound, both pokemon were thrown back to the feet of their respective trainers, sliding to a slow, exhausted halt. Zabe groaned, and then its whole body jumped in spasm as electrical waves coursed through it. Kliff cursed at the paralysis.

Wattson didn't seem to be in any better position, however,

"C'mon Voltorb! Up and at 'em!" Voltorb slowly rolled upright, struggling to keep its eyes open due to the pain.

"Now let's finish Sableye off with a Rollout attack!" The ball pokemon began to roll, and zoomed in for Zabe - however this time with much less build up and dramatically less speed. It was still enough to finish Zabe, though…

Kliff clenched his fist, "Zabe, Night Shade! C'mon… you have to try!"

As Voltorb approached, Zabe slowly lifted its head and faced it. In a last ditch attempt, it fired a single bolt from only one of its eyes. The attack hit Voltorb head on, sending it off skew and rolling to the side. It came to rest, motionless.

The computer bleeped twice, "Voltorb is unable to battle. The winner is Sableye."

"Awwww rats!" Wattson groaned as he recalled Voltorb, "No luck this time partner,"

Kliff sighed in relief as Zabe slowly got to its feet, swaying a little,

"Good Zabe - but we're not out of the woods yet…"

(Sorry for the delay :P But things have been quiet around here anyway so yeah... ^^)

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • Sam stepped out onto the second part of the route, walking towards the town. All of a sudden, he could hear a motor behind him. He spun around to see…a police officer?

"What the hell…?" he whispered, starting to walk a little faster. They had said he could go…didn't they? It was getting closer…and he was moving faster.

"Kid, stop!" whoever was on it yelled. Sam started sprinting away, towards the town. The bike was too fast, though. The officer was getting close, now. It was time for Sam to do something. He had to protect his identity at any cost. He grabbed a pokeball.

"Skorp, I'm trusting you!" The purple scorpion appeared in a flash. "Pin Missile…on the wheels!" Skorp fired off several claws, piercing the wheels. The bike slowed down, causing the rider to swear angrily.

"Brat, I'm warning you…!" Sam scowled.

"Return, Skorp. Spore, let's go!" The mushroom-like Pokémon appeared in a flash of light, looking around in a confused manner. Sam sighed; it would always surprise him how different his Pokémon were.

"…fine! Go, Scyther!" Sam couldn't help but grimace at the name. "You've been warned! Use Focus Energy!" Sam quickly focused his attention on the situation at hand. This thing was bound to start using critical hits now that it had used Focus Energy. Sure enough, the familiar orange aura surrounded it and appeared to calm it, allowed it to focus more. He'd just half to disrupt that strategy…and Spore was the perfect Pokémon to do that!

"Spore, use Stun Spore!" Spore puffed out a cloud of yellow powder. The man scowled.

"Fine then! Quick Attack!" Scyther shot forward with incredible speed, his only target being Spore. Sam grinned.

"Not quite! Spore, ump out of the cloud!" He didn't need any of those spores entering the wrong Pokémon. Spore jumped back, but wasn't able to avoid the fast attack. Scyther struck the mushroom Pokémon hard, sending Spore flying as the white streak caught up with the mantis.

"Yeah, now follow up with Pursuit!" Scyther began to move, but suddenly stopped. Sam grinned.

"…and you fell for it. Spore, use Tackle!" The green Pokémon leapt forward, smacking the mantis hard in the stomach. Sam grinned at the powerful looking attack, as the green bug was sent sliding backwards and was struggling to get up with the paralysis.

"What kind of trainer are you? I've never seen someone who just started their journey fight like you do!" Sam shrugged.

"Certainly can't be because I've done my share of adventuring before. You, on the other hand, are a simple police officer. Now, how about you return your Pokémon and we both act like this never happened?" The officer growled at him.

"Never. Go, use Pursuit!" Sam sighed, but was suddenly shocked when Scyther still managed to jump forward and smacked the mushroom with his sharp claws. Spore was sent flying, crying out in pain. "Now, how about you give up, uppity brat?" Sam sighed, shaking his head.

"You're law enforcement, I assume? If so, perhaps you know who I am?" Sam asked. The man sighed.

"They told me you're good…they told me you helped with an Aqua takedown…but they forgot to give me your name. That doesn't matter much right now, though. Scyther, use Quick Attack!" Scyther shot forward in a blur once more, but it could be traced this time. Sam grinned.

"You're gonna see just how good! Use Absorb…now!" Spore shot out a thin green beam. The policeman laughed.

"No way in hell you're gonna hi-" he was cut off by Scyther stopping as he was hit by the beam, causing his energy to be sapped. The policeman's face started to turn red. "How…did…?" Sam shrugged again.

"Got lucky, I guess. Certainly can't have been planning. While you've got it, use Tackle!" Spore jumped forward, aiming to hit Scyther in the gut. The mantis twisted out of the way to avoid the attack overall. Sam scowled. "Rather well trained…"

"What did you expect? With Team Aqua and Team Magma around, we need the best. Use Vacuum Wave!" Scyther seemed to draw energy into himself. Sam's eyes opened wide. What could he do…? If he got lucky, though, this could work. His expression relaxed a bit at the thought.

Scyther pulled Spore in with the wave of energy, then struck at it over and over as the energy dragged it back after each slash. Unbeknownst to any of them, Spore was releasing several spores from its body. These spores, however, weren't like the Stun Spore attack Sam had previously used. These were a different sort; spores that caused another dangerous effect. Scyther pulled back for one final swing, then stopped. It fell to the ground…asleep.

"What? How?" The policeman stammered. Sam grinned.

"You aren't very smart, are you? Shroomish have this ability called Effect Spore. When you hit them with a physical attack, they sometimes release them. They can have a wide variety of effects. This time, it appears to have been similar to Sleep Powder. Well, this is looking like a bit of a problem for you. Tackle it again, Spore!" Spore jogged forward and smashed into the mantis, sending it sliding backwards a couple of feet. It shook its head, waking up a bit. Sam grinned; he still had a bit more time to react.

"Scyther, wake up!" The mantis continued to shake its head, much to Sam's satisfaction.

"Absorb!" Spore released another burst of green light, sapping its energy slowly. It wouldn't do much damage, but it was still something. Scyther suddenly screeched out. It wasn't too injured by it, but the damage it had done was still apparent. The creature stood up, growling miserably. "Tackle it!" Spore charged forward, hoping for one final attack.

"Honestly, time to wrap it up. Wing Attack!" Scyther's large wings spread, then he shot forward. It wasn't even a fair fight at that moment; Spore was down before he could even make contact.

"SPORE!" Sam ran forward to inspect the mushroom. He was out cold. The policeman looked at Sam, half out of amusement.

"You honestly thought you could beat me with the pitiful effort? Give it up right now." Sam growled at him.

"Never mock my Pokémon. Go, Sableye!" He grabbed a second pokeball and tossed it out, causing the purple Pokémon to appear.

"Sable…" it hissed. Sam grinned as he returned Spore.

"Okay, Sableye. You're gonna take this thing down, got it? Use Scratch!" The policeman grinned.

"Don't let it go to you! Vacuum Wave!" Scyther appeared to cause the same magnet-like move as before, but to no avail; Sableye kept flying forward from its quick leap. He swung his clawed hand at the mantis's face, causing it to screech upon contact. "How did you…?!"

"You obviously don't understand the point of Sableye. He's half ghost, so he's immune to normal and fighting type attacks. Well, I'd hope you understand that if you're fighting against Team Aqua. They certainly seem…powerful?" Sam couldn't think of other words. They weren't all that powerful in his mind but that was how everyone perceived them.

"…shut up! Use Wing Attack!" Scyther charged recklessly at Sableye. Sam sighed.

"And there you go clouding your judgment with anger. Night Shade." Sableye's eyes emitted two dark beams, hitting Scyther in the gut. The mantis flinched, causing him to lose his focus. "Now scratch it again!" Sableye leapt forward and smacked the mantis hard across the face with his claws again. Now the policeman was getting angry.

"Grr…fine then! Pursuit!" Sam scowled. Sableye wasn't going to have enough time to dodge. Scyther's claw shot out, sending Sableye flying back. "Now follow it up with Wing Attack!" Scyther shot forward, smashing Sableye with its wing as it passed.

"Come on, Sableye! Catch your balance!" Sam yelled. The creature twisted, attempting to regain its balance.

"Don't let it! Wing Attack again!" Sam scowled as Scyther took another shot. Sableye was hit again. "Keep it up!" Scyther would quickly land, then follow up with another powerful attack. Sam scowled as it attacked over and over. How was he supposed to get anything done like this?

"Grr…SABLEYE! Use Night Shade on the ground!" Sableye shot two beams of dark energy from his eyes, causing him to stay still for just a second. Scyther charged…and missed! "Perfect, now hit it with Scratch when it comes through again!" Scyther landed, then charged, not looking before it did; a big mistake. Right across the face, Sableye rapped it with its powerful claws. Sam grinned as Scyther crumpled to the ground in pain. Sableye landed next to it, growling. Sam looked over at his now somewhat nervous opponent.

"…how…?" The man whispered. Sam grinned.

"I told you already. I'm not a normal trainer. You're going to lose anyway, though. Your move." The man scowled.

"Fine then! Pursuit again, go for the face!" Sam grinned. Scyther charged at the dark creature, swinging its claw. Sam grinned.

"Dodge it!" Sableye simply sidestepped to avoid the vertical slash. Scyther followed up with another slash, but Sableye kept dodging. Eventually, Sableye backed into a tree.

"Finally! Use Pursuit one last time!" Scyther took one last heavy swing at Sableye, but Sam already had a plan.

"Jump up and dodge it!" Sableye leapt into the air as Scyther smashed his claw into the tree, digging a couple inches into it. Sableye fell, landing on the sharp scythe. "Night Shade!" Scyther's eyes were blasted by the dark energy, causing it to screech in pain and pull its claw back hard.

"Scyther, get out of there!" The policeman yelled. Sam shook his head.

"It isn't that easy! Beat its head in with Scratch!" Sableye smashed Scyther's head, sending it flying backwards as the claw came shooting out. Sableye landed gracefully as the mantis crashed into the ground. Sam bowed as the policeman looked at his now knocked out Pokémon.

"…you…who are you?" Sam grinned.

"A very good trainer. I'm surprised you don't know my name, actually." He returned Sableye and began to walk away.

"…wait." Sam turned around. "Please come with me. We want your help…" Sam rolled his eyes.

"What good does that do me?" The man scowled.

"Just come with me, alright? I'm pretty sure you want to know who Team Aqua and Team Magma really are…" Sam stopped. This guy had information? Maybe it would lead to his lost team members…

Not too long later, Sam and the strange officer had ended up in the town Mauville City. The police station was quiet, but in the back, there were three officers gathered in the same room as Sam.

"So let me get this straight…you're Sam Saruno, the Kanto champion?" Sam sighed.

"I don't see why it matters, but yes. I am Sam Saruno." The officer nodded in disbelief.

"Okay…so you've lost your Pokémon to one of Team Aqua or Team Magma?" Sam sighed.

"Supposedly, but I really don't know anything. Why have you gathered me here again?" The officer started flipping through a file.

"You two, go get the laptop." He ordered the others, who quickly ran off. Sam scowled.

"Hello? Are you even listening to me?" The officer turned to him out of annoyance.

"Yes, but I'd rather not be. Just wait for the others to get back, then you'll understand." Sam sighed, the put his head down to take a short rest.

The others returned shortly, carrying a laptop as well as a projector.

"Sir! Everything is ready, sir!" They saluted their apparent captain, who quickly clicked on the projector to reveal a slideshow with the title "Hoenn Police Report # 57."

"You listening?" He motioned toward the quickly falling asleep Sam.

"I suppose…" Sam replied lazily.

"Great. As you can see in slide one…" These were the last words Sam heard before he dozed off.

"…are you even listening?" Sam felt a sharp blow to the table below him. He jumped up in shock.

"Huh? What? Where's the fire?" The officer scowled.

"…not even half a second…" Sam caught from the mumbling.

"Sorry, didn't get much sleep last night. Please, continue." The man sighed.

"Look, in short, Team Aqua wants to expand the oceans. They're a very organized group and quite skilledThey look for the legendary Pokémon Kyogre. They fund their search selling Pokémon. Team Magma wants to expand the land but they aren't as organized as Team Aqua, nor as skilled. The two are rivals in a sense and Team Aqua is stronger due to types and better training and so on. Team Magma looks for the legendary Pokémon Groudon. They fund their research the same way…black market stuff. Any questions about these evil teams?" Sam stood up sighing.

"Yeah. Why do you instantly decide they're so evil? Granted, they took others' Pokémon and sold them, but what beyond that? How can you really decide they're so evil?" The officer glared at him.

"They have psychotic ambitions!" He barked.

"Do they? Maybe they just want what's best for humanity and go about it the wrong way. Maybe you're just throwing a bunch of uneducated men in jail. Did you ever think of that? I know someone who used to be like that. He's changed." The officer was fuming, so Sam decided to walk away.

"NOT SO FAST! WE AREN'T DONE YET! Machoke, get him!" The man threw a pokeball and a large gray Pokémon appeared.

"Let me be…" he growled. In reply, the Pokémon reached down with his left hand.

"THE LEGENDARY LEFT!" the man roared as Machoke grabbed Sam's arm. Sam struggled to get free.

"Let…me…go…" Suddenly, he tripped. As he fell, he could have sworn he heard a nice snap coming from his suddenly pain filled right arm…

OOC: Long time no post...here you go. If you can find the Shaman King reference I'll be super happy! And at the end...well, you'll have to wait and see!

slls81

Years
  • @Zeph - I actually love the robotic referee to use up electricity idea :) Great post!

Congratulations Sableye (Zabe) grew to Level 15 and learned Fury Swipes

@Sasuneuchiha - Well that was certainly an interesting post. I don't think I'd want to get on the wrong side of the law in Hoenn, not with policemen like that running about.

Congratulations Shroomish (Spore) grew to Level 12
    Congratulations Sableye grew to Level 12

Years
  • Warren glanced at his watch as he strolled up to the gym door. One o'clock. Plenty of time before he had to be at the Police Station. Still, he didn't want to be late. Winters looked like the sort of guy who'd come down on him like a ton of bricks if he turned up late. And in that case, he'd better get started sooner rather than later! Grinning, Warren pushed open the double doors, striding forwards into a pitch black hallway. He paused for a second and the lights snapped on, blinding the trainer and revealing the room to be a huge arena, the metallic floor edged by rubber strips in the shape of battlefield markings. At the other end of the room, a jovial old man was humming merrily to himself as he walked down the long room towards the arena. He paused and looked up at Warren, beaming.

"The name's Watson!" He called, "I'm the Gym Leader of this fine city. I take it you've come to challenge me, trainer?" Warren sneered.

"The name's Warren. I've come to beat you!" Watson chuckled.

"Confidence is key, but don't get cocky. This'll be a two on two battle, and I'll be starting with Voltorb!" He tossed a Pokéball, out of which burst another, larger Pokéball. Except this one had eyes. Warren frowned. An electric type gym. Looked like Cannonball was out then.

"Cuddles, you're up!" Warren shouted, throwing his ball. The bear burst out into the open, already flexing in anticipation of the fight. Watson grinned.

"Alright then, let's begin! Rollout!" Warren grinned as the large Pokéball spun on the spot before dashing forwards.

"Jump and evade!" The Teddiursa jumped clear, Voltorb spinning in a wide circle and shooting straight back at it.

"Jump again, but Fury Swipes too!" spinning, Cuddles leapt once more, reaching down with its claws to swipe at the spinning sphere - but they glanced off, useless. Panting lightly, the two combatants slid to opposite ends of the arena.

"Time for a different tactic! Charge up!" Voltorb glowed faintly and Warren gasped as the lights in the gym dimmed slightly. Voltorb was draining power from the gym's electricity supply to power up its attacks.

"Lick it before it charges up fully!" Warren yelled and the bear scampered forwards on all fours, tongue hanging out. It glared at Voltorb. Voltorb glared back. Then, the glow faded.

"Spark!" As the Teddiursa's tongue smacked against Voltorb's metallic outer shell, thin yellow bolts of lightning snaked across its curved surface, striking the bear full on. The two fell back, both moving in an oddly stiff manner. Both paralysed. Warren grinned. That could work in his favour.

"Sonicboom!" Voltorb began to spin on the spot, glowing bright white.

"Cuddles, charge! Scratch it from all angles!" The bear shot forwards as a wave of light flew towards it, leaping over it with a graceful bound before slashing at Voltorb's face with razor-sharp claws. The ball skidded backwards, screeching in pain. Watson frowned, then smiled widely.

"Of course. Quick Feet. That's why it can still move at full speed. I'll have to use some more unconventional tactics, then! Voltorb, Spark!" Cuddles sneered, leaping backwards, but Warren's eyes went wide as he realised Watson's plan. As soon as the bear's feet touched the cold metal floor, it was blasted off its feet by the electrical current that Voltorb had struck it with. All without even moving. Warren took a deep breath as Cuddles cautiously backed up onto one of the rubber strips that marked the edge of the battlefield. Watson was manipulating the laws of electricity, so he'd have to be prepared to do the same.

"Alright, Fake Tears!" Cuddles paused, then began to wail loudly as huge crocodile tears poured down its face. Sniffing loudly, it wiped them off with a paw.

"I didn't say to stop! Keep going!" Rolling its eyes, Cuddles continued to sob, tears quickly soaking its furry paws. Watson frowned.

"Are you just going to stand there and cry for the whole battle?" Warren sniggered.

"No, I think I'll be alright now. Cuddles, Scratch and Lick together!"

"Rollout!" Voltorb spun forwards, but Cuddles leapt, first swiping at it with both paws, before smacking the ball Pokémon across the face with its tongue. Grinning, Teddiursa landed in the centre of the arena, glaring at Voltorb, who was looking pretty exhausted. Watson sniggered.

"Oh dear. You seem to have forgotten about the floor. Voltorb, Spark!" Warren grinned.

"Cuddles, JUMP!" Sparks flew from Voltorb's body as the bear leapt high into the air, the floor crackling harmlessly below. But then, Voltorb let out a piercing shriek and Watson looked over to it. Cutting off the electricy, it rolled back, smoking gently. Warren grinned as Watson's mouth flapped.

"How?"

"Saliva and tears. Short-circuited him." Watson paused for a second, and Warren wondered if he was angry. Then, he a roar, he burst out laughing, clutching his side and slapping his thighs.

"Brilliant…..just brilliant. Well, You've done very well, Warren, but you're not going to last much longer." He held out a Pokéball to recall the still smoking Voltorb, before throwing another. With a small flash, a group of metallic objects, seemingly bonded together, appeared in midair. Warren blanched as he saw a single eyes staring at him malevolently from inside a metallic head. Watson smiled widely.

"Magnemite, let's show this whippersnapper who's boss!"

slls81

Years
  • @ I Laugh At Your Misfortune - Great start to Warren's Gym battle. I particularly like the way you have portrayed Wattson. It fits almost perfectly with how I have always imagined him to be :) Can't wait for the second part of the battle :)

Congratulations Teddiursa (Cuddles) grew to Level 11

Zeph.

Years
  • "Now then Kliff," Wattson called over, "you're certainly in for a shock now! Pahaha!"

"Please… no more jokes…" Kliff muttered wearily under his breath,

"Your turn Magnemite!" With a swift toss, Wattson's second pokeball burst open, releasing a small metal orb with a single eye and two magnets on its side:

Magnemite: the Magnet pokemon. The units at its sides are extremely powerful magnets. They generate enough magnetism to draw in iron objects from over 300 feet away.

A sense of tension surrounded everyone as Magnemite stared soullessly at Zabe with its one, unblinking eye,

Kliff wasn't going to waste any time. He checked his pokedex to see Zabe's status. Not good. But there was a new move there. Worth a shot,

"Use Fury Swipes!"

Zabe's claws began to glow faintly, however his movements were sluggish,

Wattson sniggered, "Your ghost isn't as fast now that it's paralysed! Let's show 'em a Thundershock!"

"Mag-ne-mite." Sparks crackled between the two poles on each of Magnemite's magnets, before a small discharge of electricity was fired at Zabe. The Sableye grew even slower, and was swamped by the yellow streams of electricity. However it pushed forward, growling as it pushed against the attack,

"Sable!"

With a swift swipe, the imp pokemon broke free of the attack and jumped straight for Magnemite's face, slashing and hacking away at it vigorously non-stop. Magnemite blinked on impact as it was slowly driven backwards,

"C'mon Magnemite! Thundershock again,"

Smacking Zabe to the floor hard with one of its magnets, Magnemite again struck him with the bolt of electricity. Zabe wailed exhaustedly as its whole body seized up and twitched at the attack.

"Break free!" Kliff yelled, "Astonish!"

Zabe rolled quickly across the floor, escaping the electric charge. Stumbling to his feet, he looked like he was about to take off at blinding speed towards Magnemite, however winced in pain, clutching its side.

"Too bad! Your Sableye's paralysis is kicking in! And, between you and me, he looks fit to drop… pahaha!" Wattson laughed, knowing he didn't even need to follow up with a command. On cue, Zabe fell flat on his face.

"Sableye is unable to battle. The winner is Magnemite."

Kliff wordlessly returned Zabe to his pokeball and threw out another, releasing Gella. The vine pokemon gave an encouraging hop before staring down Magnemite.

Kliff recalled Gella's new move, "Okay then Gella - start with Vine Whip!"

"Tang!" Quickly extending a longer, more stronger looking vine than Constrict, Gella slapped it harshly across Magnemite, making a hard slapping sound and sending Magnemite tumbling onto the floor.

"Don't take that Magnemite!" Wattson called out, sounding almost offended, "Sonic Boom!"

"Magmagmagmaagnemite!" the small, steel pokemon grunted as it quickly swiped a magnet. With a force so powerful to even strain the sound barrier, Sonic Boom exploded on impact with Gella, launching her backwards.

"Gella! Keep up the Vine Whips!" Still flying backwards, Gella reached out far to Magnemite, smashing it once with one vine, and bringing it crashing directly downwards to the floor with a blow from another. Wattson's expression turned serious for the first time in the match,

"Use Supersonic!" Kliff scowled - Gella couldn't handle confusion very well. The screw atop the magnet pokemon's head rattled around in place as minor transparent waves travelled across the field. Just as the Tangela landed, it was surrounded by them and its eyes closed in headache. Rather goofily, Gella opened her eyes to show her pupils swaying and spinning about in all directions.

Kliff took a breath, "Okay Gella, just keep your cool! Use Growth!" Knowing that the move in question didn't require any hasty physical movement, he was confident it would work. However, Gella simply shook her head and fell over, resulting in a heavy sigh from Kliff,

"Thundershock Magnemite!" Wattson boomed. Magnemite charged its magnets and released another electric charge. The bolt leapt over to Gella and surged through her body, causing her to growl harshly in distress.

"Gella I need you to focus!" Kliff shouted, "Try and use Absorb!" Gella, barely keeping balanced as she got to her feet, formed a small ball of green energy in front of her. Still confused, she fired the attack right into the ground one foot in front of her, knocking her backwards once more.

"Pahahaa! Your Tangela's certainly fun to watch!" Wattson chuckled, "Use Tackle!"

"Mite!" The orb grunted in reply as it flew into Gella, sending her tumbling even further back.

Kliff paused and thought: how could he get Gella to clear her head?

"What's up Kliff? Lost for words?"

Maybe… all she needed was a breather,

"Yea, see," he replied, "I never was good with words. Use Ingrain Gella!"

"T-tang…" Gella moaned as a number of small vines instinctively dropped to the floor and tried to burrow underground - only to meet a cold, marble floor.

"Pfft!" Wattson suppressed a laugh, "Kid, there's no soil here for that to work! Use Metal Sound Magnemite, let's make this one frail as possible!"

Magnemite's screw rattled harshly once more as a high pitched, metallic sharpening noise emitted from it, distorting the air around it. Gella's eyes were shut as tightly as possible as the horrible sound physically made her shudder.

Kliff, however, cracked a smile, "You're right, there's no soil here. But underneath…"

To Wattson's surprise, cracks had appeared underneath Gella. If one looked closely, they could see the vines slowly push harder and harder into the floor with greater strength, until eventually, with a crack, each one broke through and continued to bury themselves,

"Roots grow and grow until they find suitable land to flourish. They instinctively seek out the soil, even if there's something in the way." Kliff explained, receiving an open mouthed stare from his opponent,

"It's natural, my dear Wattson."

Wattson began to fume, "I've had enough of this! Use Thundershock!!"

Magnemite blinked as it sent another blast of electricity coursing for Gella. It hit, however to much less effect then anticipated,

"But, Metal Sound-"

"She's planted in the ground," Kliff stated, "Electric attacks won't do a great deal of damage…"

"Humph! Well then I'll just rip that thing out of there shall I? Sonic Boom! Then follow up with Tackle!"

With a spin, Magnemite fired a Sonic Boom, smashing into Gella and kicking up freshly dug up marble and dust, before ramming into her full pelt with Tackle. The dust cleared and revealed Gella, still rooted, eyes closed, and Magnemite hovering in front of her.

Kliff grinned, "Only we say when Ingrain breaks its hold, Wattson!" Gella too opened her eyes in response - her confusion was gone.

"Absorb!" With a small burst of energy, a green beam struck Magnemite at close range, pushing it back and draining its health.

"Fight it off! Thundershock!" Wattson called out. Magnemite charged its attack, freeing itself from Absorb, and then fired the electricity into the attack. The struggle lasted briefly before, with a crack, the attacks ceased in unison,

"Okay Gella, unearth now," Kliff said before the Tangela lifted its roots,

Wattson took his hands out of his pockets, "Let's give 'em more problems Magnemite! Thunder Wave!"

"Mag-na!" The magnets on the steel pokemon sparked once before a weak discharge coursed its way over to Gella,

"Sh*t…" Kliff cursed. If there was one move he hated most so far, it was that. He thought fast,

"Gella, use Vine Whip to try and escape somehow!" Gella looked from side to side in panic, before looking up,

"Tangela!" She quickly snapped two vines directly upwards. Latching onto a railing or beam, she ascended quickly, sending Thunder Wave flying harmlessly underneath her.

"Woahoho!" Wattson laughed, "I like your style lad!" Magnemite floated up to meet Gella at eye level, "But you've just left yourself wide open! Thundershock!"

"Mag-nemite!" Another jolt of electricity struck Gella and surged through her body. The volts travelled up her vines and to the ceiling, resulting in the lights flickering. Kliff paused as the lights went out then lit up again, they gave him an idea,

"Quick, Vine Whip!" he ordered. Still crackling with electricity, Gella rapidly extended a vine from her body and whipped Magnemite, passing the electricity to it and causing it to fly about and jolt.

"Use Sonic Boom on the roof!" Wattson yelled. Magnemite regained itself and fired the attack upward. There was a crash, and Gella began to fall,

"Now use Thundershock!!" Magnemite began to spark up, charging energy,

"Vine Whip Gella! Send it into one of those things!" Kliff shouted, pointing to one of the cylindrical generators by the side of the arena. In mid fall, the Tangela whipped out a vine, latched it onto one of Magnemite's magnets and spun, hurling it into the object.

There was a crash, and a series of bright sparks, flashes and zapping sounds followed as Magnemite let loose Thundershock in the generator. Its pupil grew and shrank, jumped, span and fizzled around its eye rapidly as it let out a painful, metallic screech of pain.

"No! Magnemite!" Wattson gasped - his pokemon just short-circuited itself.

"Mmmaaa-aa-a-aag…" Magnemite groaned as its eye turned into a swirl and it fell to the floor, still sizzling and sparking.

The ref beeped, "Magnemite is unable to battle. The winner is Tangela. Challenger Kliff Carterson of Pallet Town is today's winner."

"Gela! Tangela!" Gella began to improvise some sort of dance on the spot, hoping onto each foot.

Simultaneously, both trainers retrieved their pokemon and met each other half way,

"Phew…" sighed Wattson, "Kid, I had a blast! Might have been cheatin' a little at the end there, but you used your head nonetheless! I want you to have this!" He placed a badge in the palm of Kliff's hand,

"The Dynamo Badge!"

Kliff grinned - his third badge in Hoenn.

(OOC: There :D All done after weeks of adding snippets :P 10 points if you get the reference :D)

slls81

Years
  • @Zeph -
    "It's natural, my dear Wattson."
    (OOC: There :D All done after weeks of adding snippets :P 10 points if you get the reference :D)
    I'm going with this being a Sherlock Holmes reference, although surely it should read: "Elementary my dear Wattson"?

Anyway nice post. Good thinking by Kliff at the end there to short circuit Magnemite. Congratulations on (I think) being the first to earn their third badge in Hoenn :)

Congratulations Tangela (Gella) grew to Level 21

Years
  • OOC: frikkin' GCSEs >.>

Warren glared at Magnemite as it hung, motionless, in the air. It looked more like a machine than a living thing. And, truth be told, it was kinda weirding him out.

"Alright Cuddles, Fury Swipes!" The bear sped forwards, claws raised, but Wattson just chuckled.

"You need to be a bit more original, Warren. This is a new fight. Magnemite, show them your agility with Tackle!" Warren gasped as Magnemite spun forwards, sweeping under the bear's flailing claws to smack it in the gut and throw it off its feet. Groaning, Cuddles raised itself onto one elbow, but the magnetic Pokémon spun forwards and drove it to the ground with another blow. The Teddiursa groaned and lay still. With a grimace, Warren held out a Pokéball to return it, pondering who to send out next. There was no way Violet would be convinced to fight again. Cannonball was obviously out and Useless was still, well, useless. Less of a choice than he thought, then.

"Silver, you're up!" With a snarl, the wolf bounded onto the arena, lips drawn back to reveal pointed teeth. Warren grinned. His moves might not be that great, but Silver sure was determined.

"Let's start with a Howl!" The wolf threw back its head and let out a long roar, but Wattson grinned.

"Metal sound!" Magnemite screeched loudly and Silver stumbled as the discordant sound cut through its howl, the acoustics of the room amplifying the shriek and making it even more piercing. Magnemite snickered, not even fazed.

"Fine, Sand Attack!" Silver sighed and Warren paused.

"Oh, right. No sand. Well….crap." Wattson bellowed with laughter.

"Is that really all you've got?" Magnemite, show them something new, with Sonic Boom!" The silver Pokémon flicked its magnets and a wave of sound flashed across the battlefield, picking up the wolf and throwing it hard enough into the metallic wall to create a large, bowl-shaped dent. The wolf collapsed to the floor, barely managing to struggle to its feet. Warren gasped. That attack had been powerful. Way more powerful than Silver's Tackle would be. But then…..Warren grinned as he glanced at the dent in the wall. Bending down, he whispered in Silver's ear. Maybe he wouldn't even need to attack. Growling, Silver stepped forwards and Magnemite chuckled, a sound like static on a broken television. Wattson smirked.

"Let's finish up. Another Sonicboom!" Warren grinned. Perfect.

"Now!" As Magnemite released another wave of sound, the Poochyena leapt high into the air, dodging. Landing on all fours, it turned and dashed towards the rear wall of the gym, sound waves flying past its head. Then, with a leap, it threw itself in front of the huge, bowl-shaped dent just as Magnemite launched a final attack. The glowing wave of sound shot forwards, missed Silver by a whisker, then rebounded off the parabolic curve and flew straight back at the unsuspecting Magnemite. With a crash, it was thrown backwards and Silver rebounded off the back wall, making a huge bound to come crashing down, paws first on Magnemite's face. It bounced off the floor and barely caught itself once more, glaring at Silver with a mixture of anger and weariness. One more chance to finish it. Time for part two of the plan.

"Howl!" Warren yelled and Silver complied, but it was a thin, reedy sound compared to its earlier bellow. Wattson chuckled.

"Metal Sound to disrupt!" Immediately, Silver dived to the floor, paws clamped over its ears as Magnemite let off an ear-splitting screech. Warren cried out in shock as the scraping sounds, rebounding off the now mutilated walls, assaulted his ear drums and he clapped his hands to the sides of his head, before thrusting out a single arm. As Magnemite shrunk back, wincing in pain, Silver jumped, spun, and came crashing down on top of the electric type. It smashed into the ground, twitched, then slipped into unconsciousness with a weary sigh. Silver howled happily as Wattson returned the battered and beaten Pokémon. He looked up at Warren as the trainer approached.

"Impressive. Very, very impressive. This badge is yours to keep." With that, he held out the small metal symbol and Warren took it, grinning from ear to ear. Right now, it looked like nobody could stop him!

slls81

Years
  • @ILAYM - I'm assuming it's because of exams, but that battle was a little short. However, because it's exam period I'm going to let it slide (I'm just nice like that xD) Anyways...

Congratulations Poochyena (Silver) grew to Level 11

Zeph.

Years
  • An Aqua/Magma Briefing

In the pokecentre, Kliff couldn't help but look at the three badges he had obtained. He actually felt like more of a professional now - even though he was miles away from that sort of status. As the nurse called his name, he flipped the case closed and proceeded to collect his recovered team.

He left the centre smiling to himself. He wasn't quite sure of the feeling - maybe it was pride. Gella - the one he looked down on at first glance - had won yet another crucial battle for him and had grown even stronger. Zabe was also proving himself to be a formidable battler, both offensively and energetically. Kliff was glad that Tok was fitting in too - though he felt that she hadn't yet shown her true potential.

Kliff's train of thought stopped as he walked by the city police station, hearing someone call to him,

"Hey? You're the one who got assaulted at the cycling road aren't you?" A familiar police officer asked as he walked over to Kliff,

"Yeah...?"

"Right, come inside for a few moments, we need to speak to you."

A little confused to say the least, Kliff followed the uniformed man into the large building. Briefly walking by a reception desk and down a long, boring corridor, they stopped at a door left slightly ajar,

"By the way..." the man asked putting one hand on the doorknob, "who was the other boy you were with?"

"I..." Kliff said, pondering what to say, "... can't remember. Sorry,"

"Okay then..."

The officer entered the room, with Kliff following behind. Inside, there was a large desk - sitting there was the secong officer from before too - and an array of file cabinets. The room's front lights were off, and a window was open letting a kind breeze flow in.

"Have a seat, Kliff was it?"

Kliff nodded as he pulled out a black, slightly plastic looking chair.

"Right," the other man said, leaning forward, "we want you to realise, Kliff, that Team Aqua is quite dangerous. This wasn't a one off incident, you're not the first. And on top of that, it's not just Aqua. Team Magma are also operating in Hoenn, I don't suppose you've seen anyhting to do with them have you?"

"Actually," Kliff said, pretending to sound interested, "I have. Just a weak guy though - back in Petalburg Woods with a Poochyena."

The policemen paused, "Petalburg? Magma's branched out wider than we first thought. Y'see, Team Aqua are the stronger team, if you like. They have more resources, a wider influence and more recruits. Magma, not so much. But if they've been spotted in Petalburg then they're certainly getting there."

Kliff continued to nod after each sentence, trying to get things over and done with.

"Kliff, if in future you come across team Aqua or Magma again, then be sure to let us know. We need to start clamping down on them, and we need to start now. Got that?"

"Sure..." Kliff said,

"Don't try and fight them again." the first man included, "You know the state you got in yesterday. If you try your luck with anyone stronger, the outcome could be far worse. Okay?"

Kliff nodded half heartedly. No way. If he ran into them again then he was going to take them out.

"Thanks for coming," the second man said gathering in sheets of paper, "Safe travels."

Wordlessly, Kliff strolled back outside and brought out his pokenav, checking the map,

"Right, where to now..."

(OOC: Police station post, as you asked :) Man I hate exam period - so boring :()

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • @Zeph - Thanks for getting that up. Yeah I'm bang in the middle of exam period as well :( Stress central! Anyway hope yours are going okay :)

Oh, and here's the next Route:

Route 111

Number of Posts: 2-3

Description: A long route that leads North from Mauville City. It ends at an uncrossable desert that leads North, and Route 112 which leads to the East.

What can you do in a Route?

Generally the main two things you can do on a route are capturing pokémon and battling trainers. You can do many other things, you know free will and all that... Anyways, you cannot meet any of the other RPers, and everyone have fun.

Wild Pokemon
    Commonly seen pokémon in this area
    Zigzagoon
    Level: 9-12
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Pick Up or Gluttony
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, Headbutt
    Nature: Random

Wingull
    Level: 9-12
    Type: Water/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Attacks: Water Gun
    Uncommonly seen pokémon in this area

Sandshrew
    Level: 7-10
    Type: Ground
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Attacks: Scratch, Defence Curl, Sand Attack, Poison Sting (Level9)

Note - the title specifying the rarity of a pokémon refers to how hard a pokémon is to catch. i.e. a much better post is required to catch an uncommon pokémon than to catch a common pokémon.
    How I level the pokémon you're catching will depend on how good your post is. When you're trying to catch a pokémon, you cannot decide if you catch it. When trying to catch a pokémon you have to finish your post off when you throw the pokéball and wait for my response telling you if the capture was successful or not. You cannot continue until you know that it was caught. In battles, I will level up your pokémon depending on the quality of your battle post.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • The next thing Sam knew, he was awake in some room he'd never seen before.

"Ugh…where am I…?" he whispered, trying to scratch his head. Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain from his arm. He looked down at it; it was in a cast. He stood up in shock at the sight. "What…?" As though to answer him, a loud rapping sounded form the door.

"Sam? Are you awake?" Sam scowled; it was one of the officers.

"Yeah, I'm up. Come in if you must." The door opened to two of the earlier officers, not the one with the Machoke.

"Mr. Saruno, I must say I am very, very sorry for…" Sam held up a hand.

"Don't. I'll live. Still, this stupid cast is a real pain, though…" The man rubbed his neck nervously.

"About that…our commander had been drinking and his Machoke was a bit of a fighter. Honestly, though, we are sorry." Sam walked over and tried to clip on his belt with his left arm. It was a real pain to do, but he managed it eventually.

"Right…well, this thing's gonna be on a while and I'm right handed, but I'll live. Anyway, what is there to do in this town?" The policemen grinned.

"Actually, more than you'd think. There's the Bike Shop, the Gamecorner and the Gym!" Sam closed his eyes to think. He already had a bike back home and one would be useless anyway. The Gamecorner sounded interesting to him; Kanto had been similar in that regard. And then a gym…he'd definitely have to take a look at that when he got the chance.

"…whatever. This Gamecorner…where is it?" The man looked around, as though looking for a map.

"It would be easy to show you if I had a map…" Sam grinned, then grabbed a nearby pokeball. Out popped the blue hat-wearing Mime Jr.

"Hey, buddy. Do me a favor and grab the map out of the bag." Mime Jr. jumped in glee.

"Mime!" It ran over to the bag before scrambling through it. A moment later, it returned with a yellow box. Sam picked it up with his left hand and then handed it to the man.

"Show me." The man picked up the map and pointed at a building near the center of town.

"There you go. Well, Sam, we're off. Got to make sure the captain's staying off the alcohol." Sam nodded as they left. When they were gone, he turned to Mime Jr.

"Well, buddy? You up for a day at the Gamecorner?" The small pink Pokémon nodded, then hopped on his shoulder. He walked off towards the building.

Sam finally arrived when he finally thought out the first problem in the whole 'play in the Gamecorner all day' plan; he couldn't pull anything with his wrecked arm. Still, maybe Mime Jr. could help him out. Nodding, he stepped inside.

"Hello, little boy!" Sam jumped back in shock. A woman was standing right in front of him wearing…well, it didn't look like she was wearing much at all.

"What the hell?!" Sam reached for a pokeball. The woman laughed.

"Calm down. I was simply trying to say hi. What's your name?" Sam sighed.

"The name's Sam. Yours?" The woman smiled.

"That's for me to know and you not to find out!" Sam scowled. This place was the single most stupid, pointless…

"Erin! What have I told you about messing with potential customers?!" A man yelled from a fair distance away. Sam turned to see the man along with several others over by several slot machines. He walked over to Sam and the woman.

"I'm sorry, boss, but you know I can't stand not messing with the kiddies!" The man scowled, then turned to Sam.

"I'm really sorry about this. Erin's a good person; she just likes to joke around…" Sam chuckled. Sounded just like his brother.

"It's fine, really. I can tell she's just messing around. At any rate, any place around here a guy can waste some time?" The man grinned widely.

"Actually, good sir, we have a poker table open right here!" He motioned to a seat. Sam grinned.

"Cool…what's it cost to get in on a round like that?" The man grinned again.

"Just purchase some coins. And to do that…" he walked over to a counter, "…just come over here!" Sam walked over and exchanged a fair amount of his remaining money for coins.

"Okay…now what?" The man sighed.

"Now I assume you know how to play poker and leave." The man walked away just as Sam walked over to the table. He'd played poker once or twice and knew the basics so he figured he'd be fine. He sat down.

"Alright, kid. We play like this; all keeps, all the time. Got it?" Sam nodded. "Good…and so we begin." He dealt out several cards.

Two hours later Sam walked away screaming; he'd just lost everything he'd taken with him into the game…all but one coin. Sighing, he walked towards the exit.

"Hold it, kid!" The man in charge yelled. Sam stopped and turned to face him.

"What do you want? I was on my way out…" he replied. The man sighed.

"You aren't allowed to leave while you still have coins, alright? You have to get rid of it." Sam narrowed his eyes.

"Well I can't play poker anymore, now can I? What can I do for one coin?" The man pointed at a line of machines over on another side of the building.

"You get one play on that thing." Sam nodded and walked over, happy to get the rest of this failure of a trip over with. He decided on one of them and walked over. The man laughed. "Don't bother then, kid. No one's ever one on that one, it's supposed to be cursed." Sam shrugged.

"Great…I don't have any more use for this anyways." Sam inserted the coin and pulled the lever.

"Kid, you may as well leave now." Sam stood up and turned away. The first slot stopped.

"Yeah, I know. There's no way I'll win. I'm just wasting my time." He started to the door as a second slot stopped.

"Well kid, it was nice knowing ya." Both stepped away as the third slot stopped. Both kept walking until they heard an odd sound; the sound of coins colliding. Both spun around to see three sevens on the machine and countless coins sliding out. Sam ran over and scooped them up then turned to the man.

"I thought you said this machine has never been won!"

"It hasn't! You're the first that I know of!" Sam grinned.

"So what can I do with all of these?" The man looked up.

"Well, you'd be here all day for poker so why not trade 'em for a prize of some sort?" Sam nodded.

"That could be fun. What've you got?" The man directed Sam over to a counter where the woman from earlier was waiting.

"What's up, kid? Here for prizes?" Sam sighed.

"Sure, why not. What have you guys got?" She pulled out a row of pokeballs. Sam looked at them for a couple seconds.

"They're prime Pokémon kid!" Sam sighed.

"Show me the next." She pouted and brought out the next set, a bunch of battle items. Sam waved them away instantly. She sighed again.

"Picky one, aren't you? Fine…my last and greatest selection, TMs!" Sam looked them over and was about to wave them away when he saw an interesting one.

"Is that…?" He picked up a green disc. He nodded and looked up at Erin. "How much?" She grinned.

"Just leave the coins in that one and you're good to go." Sam nodded, thanked her, and left. Walking outside, he pulled out Spore's pokeball.

"Alright, buddy, let's go!" The small mushroom appeared in a flash of light, looking around a bit nervously. Sam smiled, as usual. "Chill, Spore. I've just got a new present for you. Here, use this." Sam held out the disc. The small mushroom walked forward nervously and touched its head to the disc, which stuck fast.

"SHROOOOM!" it cried out as the disc started to absorb energy. Sam sighed; would the mushroom never get off this fear thing? Maybe he could train it out. The disc snapped and Sam picked it up, smiling.

"Great. Now then, we've got a gym badge to pick up. Let's go…" he reached for Spore's pokeball again beforeearing an odd sound. He looked down and was reminded of something; he still had a cast. Sighing, he returned the mushroom with his other hand before walking away just a bit more sadly than he would have must moments before.

OOC: SO SORRY I DIDN'T GET THIS IN FASTER! I FREAKING HATE STUPID TESTS! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( I'm starting my next one now.

Years
  • Warren checked his watch as he pushed open the door at the police station. Ten past two. Oops. As he wandered into the lobby, he looked up to see Winters's partner standing there, smiling expectantly.

"Glad to see you could make it, Warren. I'm DI Summers." Warren paused.

"Winters and Summers? That's a joke, right?" The policeman shrugged, almost apologetically.

"Just the chief being funny, partnering us up. DCI Hunt always had a strange sense of humour." He smiled widely.

"Anyway, would you mind coming with me to the interview room? Just hand in your things at the desk first." He gestured towards a plain white table, with a young man sitting in front of an ancient computer monitor. Warren glanced up suspiciously.

"I thought this was just a casual chat."

"It is. Just protocol that has to be followed, you know how it is." Warren didn't respond as he emptied his pockets onto the desk, Summers casting an eye over his belongings. At first, he'd thought Winters was the bad cop, but that didn't mean that this guy was the good one. Something about him didn't sit right. With an almost casual air, he pulled out a plastic bag from under the desk and began to sort through Warren's things. Suddenly, he paused, then picked up a piece of paper.

"Who's Eric?" Warren froze.

"Just...a friend." Summers looked at him. Warren stared back.

"Okay. No problem." He put the scrap of paper into the bag, sealed it and handed it to the bored looking receptionist, who Warren was fairly sure was playing minesweeper.

"Right this way then." Warren followed behind him as he strode of down the hall, looking from side to side as they passed several offices, filled with arguing people.

"Looks pretty busy."

"Well, what with Team Aqua stepping up their attacks recently, we've been working flat out." He stopped outside a nondescript door with the number 21 embossed in the wood.

"In here, please." Warren stepped through the door into a small, dingy room with a table and three chairs arranged around it. Winters was already sitting in one of the chairs, fiddling with a dusty tape recorder. He pressed a button as Summers and Warren sat down, and the tape began to whir.

"Now beginning an interview with Warren Simmons, trainer, of Pallet Town. Officers present are Detective Inspector Summers and Detective Inspector Winters." He leaned back and glared at Warren. Summers smiled.

"So, Warren, would you please run through what happened on your journey on Cycling Road?"

"Nothing. I already said." Winters frowned.

"How about you stop lying to us?"

"I'm not lying!" Warren paused. Maybe that had sounded a little aggressive. Winters sighed.

"Then why did you take so long crossing the bridge? The bike hire guys keep records of when you take it out and when you bring it back. So why did you take an hour when most people cross in half that time?" Warren glared at him.

"I needed to stop for a break." Winters narrowed his eyes.

"So you saw nobody else on the bridge? No-one at all?"

"No." Winters glared at him for a second, then stood up and walked out. Summers smiled.

"Sorry. We're all just under a lot of pressure. If we don't stop them, Team Aqua could kill hundreds, even thousands of people."

"What about Team Magma?" Summers paused.

"I'm sorry?"

"Well, aren't they a threat too?" Summers smiled again, but this time his expression was cold.

"We're prioritising, Warren. Team Aqua is the main threat." Warren didn't respond. Summers sighed, then leaned forwards. The smile was back to normal.

"Look, I don't think we're getting anywhere. Let's end it here." He reached out and switched off the tape recorder. Warren stood up.

"I'm free to go, then?" Summers nodded.

"Sure. You can get your things on the way out." Holding the door open for Warren, he led him back to the front desk and pulled out the plastic bag. Warren took it and, without saying a word, turned, shouldered the door open and leant against the wall outside, breathing deeply. That had been too close. Slowing his breathing, he ripped open the bag and pulled out his phone, wallet, Pokédex...Warren paused. It was gone. Desperately, he glanced around, thinking he'd dropped it, but it was gone. The scrap of paper with Eric's number on was gone.

OOC: Half-term, woot :D

slls81

Years
  • @Sasuneuchiha - Nice post buddy, can't wait to see what TM you picked to teach to Spore :)

@I Laugh At Your Misfortune - Great post, Summers and Winters... genius xD Can't wait to see where you're going with the lost number angle :)

Zeph.

Years
  • Vs. Sandshrew I

The sun's rays began to intensify now, and Kliff began to feel quite warm. Unzipping his jacket, he rummaged about his bag and found a bottle of water. He spotted something not to far off as he took a swig - or, rather the lack of something. As the rocky walls of the route came to an end, he could see nothing but sand swirling about the horizon in what he guessed was a desert. He glanced the other way and saw a more clearer route continuing to the next town. That way made more sense than a sandstorm.

As he continued to walk, he heard a sudden noise to his right. Turning his head, he saw a Sandshrew atop a rock, growling harshly at him.

Sandshrew: the Mouse pokemon. When it curls up in a ball, it can make any attack bounce off harmlessly. Its hide has turned tough and solid as a result of living in the desert.

"Good to see some pokemon from back home," Kliff said as he threw a pokeball and released Tok. The Togepi cheered as she anticipated some action,

"Sashew!!" the pangolin creature spat as it ran in for Tok, claws outstretched,

"Watch yourself," Kliff said as Tok jumped to the side, managing to avoid the Scratch attack,

"Now use Mirror Move,"

A square flashed before Tok as she jumped over to Sandshrew with her own Scratch attack. The rodent curled into a ball, and the attack bounced off,

"When it curls up in a ball, it can make any attack bounce off-"

"Yeh quiet I know. You just told me," Kliff said to his pokedex, "try a Metronome Tok."

Tok waved her hands before running in for Sandshrew with her fist glowing a light blue. Kliff grinned as the Ice Punch smashed into the ball and caused sandshrew to roll back, uncoiling in pain,

"Shrew!!" it cried, kicking up sand sraight into Tok. The Togepi rubbed her eyes as the sand got everywhere and covered her,

"Keep calm. Use Charm," Kliff ordered. Tok mustered a flirty look as Sandshrew scurried towards her. However nothing happened, instead the pangolin scratched Tok hard, knocking her backwards,

"So it's female..." Kliff muttered, "Metronome again!"

Tok regained herself, waved her hands, and smacked Sandshrew full on with her skull. The Headbutt sent the ground type careering into the rock she came from, however instead of retalliating, she rushed behind it. Wandering over slowly, Kliff's eyes widened as he saw the Sandshrew standing between him and a nest of two baby Sandshrew. The mother, looking beat up, suddenly turned to the rocks,

"Sandshrew!! Sand!"

Kliff could hear the pattering of scales and claws against stone, and shortly, about a dozen or so Sandshrew appeared, looking directly at Kliff. He gulped as he realised that they were all in a colony - and he had just threatened them.

"Shrew!" one of the Sandshrew growled as it leapt onto the ground and slashed at Tok, who barely managed to step back. Suddenly, two more scurried down and approached Kliff, cautiously growling.

"Prrii!" Tok cried as yet another Sandshrew reached her and used Scratch, before the other threw sand at her.

"Sand!" Kliff yelped as a Sandshrew jumped at him and almost clung onto his leg. He found himself being forced backwards by the oncoming swarm of armadillos.

"Metronome!" he yelled. From behind him, he heard a few Sandshrew cries as Tok used some sort of attack. Kliff didn't look and see what it was, he kept eye contact with the ones threatening him. After a few moments, one of them ran at Kliff, causing the others to join in. In a hasty attempt to reach higher ground, Kliff turned and ran for the rocks. He tried to move as fast as he could, but the Sandshrews caught up and soon they were clinging to his legs. Kliff gritted his teeth as he felt the small claws and teeth scratch and bite into him. It wasn't long before they were climbing his body, weighing down his arms and continually scratching here and there.

With a burst of energy, Kliff swung his arms and kicked his feet out. As most of the Sandshrew were launched a few feet, he took the chance to run again. As he ran, he turned and saw Tok, still being overwhelmed,

"Metronome!" he shouted over. There was a pause before a transparent green orb formed around the Togepi and the few Sandshrew around her bounced off. Kliff slowed down as all the Sandshrew turned their attention to Tok, now using Protect.

He stopped and faced them again. If he could somehow get Tok to pull of a Water move or something then he might get out of this. But relying on luck alone wasn't enough.

"To... kiii..." Tok groaned as the shield began to crack under the pressure of the swamping Sandshrews. The pressure became too much, and Protect shattered, leaving Tok open to the hoard. Kliff ran over to help the Togepi,

"Quick! Use-" he yelled, before Tok fell out of the mosh pit, looking too beat up for her own good. The Sandshrew paused and looked at Kliff - he was next.

Kliff continued to sweat as he retrieved Tok. The sun was scorching now, and he'd done all that running and fighting.

The sun was scorching...

Flicking out the next pokeball, he released Gella, who stopped in surprise at the Sandshrew army.

They had to act fast to get out of this one.

(First of a two parter :P Oh, and a Pangolin is the animal Sandshrew is based off of ^^)

Last edited:
    Back