• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    @Frostbite - Welcome to the RP! Nice opening post :)

@Sacred Beo - Nice post :)

Congratulations Dean won the Dynamo Badge

Congratulations Taillow grew to Level 13 and learned Wing Attack
    Congratulations Elekid grew to Level 15

@Zeph - Actually if I recall correctly, Sasuneuchiha and Manipulation traded once back in Kanto.

Congratulations Kliff traded his Female Numel for Keira's Male Numel

Congratulations (Kliff's) Numel grew to Level 8

Red's Hawt Chibbi Pelippers -
    Congratulations (Keira's) Numel grew to Level 9

and the new route...

Jagged Pass

Number of Posts: 2-3

Description: A steep downhill route that runs south from the top of the cable car down to Lavaridge Town.

What can you do in a Route?

Generally the main two things you can do on a route are capturing pokémon and battling trainers. You can do many other things, you know free will and all that... Anyways, you cannot meet any of the other RPers, and everyone have fun.

Wild Pokemon
    Commonly seen pokémon in this area
    Zigzagoon
    Level: 9-12
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Pick Up or Gluttony
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, Headbutt
    Nature: Random

Uncommonly seen pokémon in this area

Numel
    Level: 7-10
    Type: Fire
    Ability: Oblivious or Simple
    Attacks: Growl, Tackle, Ember

Rarely seen pokémon in this area

Spoink
    Level: 7-9
    Type: Psychic
    Ability: Thick Fat or Own Tempo
    Attacks: Splash, Psywave

Note - the title specifying the rarity of a pokémon refers to how hard a pokémon is to catch. i.e. a much better post is required to catch an uncommon pokémon than to catch a common pokémon.
    How I level the pokémon you're catching will depend on how good your post is. When you're trying to catch a pokémon, you cannot decide if you catch it. When trying to catch a pokémon you have to finish your post off when you throw the pokéball and wait for my response telling you if the capture was successful or not. You cannot continue until you know that it was caught. In battles, I will level up your pokémon depending on the quality of your battle post.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Keira – morning

The sun had risen since long, and Wingull and Mareep were poking Keira to make her wake up. She curled even deeper down into her sleeping bag though, and her face went out of sight in its depths.

"Good morning!" Carlos boomed and made her sit straight up with eyes wide open. He was already packed up and ready to go.

"Ugh…" Keira said, and started to pack up herself. When she lived at home, she had been used to waking up early every day, but since she had left on this journey, she normally slept to about 9 or 10 am every day. Not even her Pokémon understood how she managed, since the sun rose at about 5 am and made sure it was bright daylight already at 6 am. She didn't seem to notice anything around her when she was asleep.

After a breakfast consisting of some sandwiches and some Taillow eggs the hiker had found when scouting the area, they began moving up the mountain before them. The cable car wasn't far from the foot of the mountain though, so they didn't have to climb the route by foot for long.

"Ah!" the hiker said as they rode the cable car and watched the stunning view beneath them. "I've actually never ridden this before. Feels weird."

By the time they got off it, they were almost at the top of Mount Chimney. A bit further up, they could see smoke climb down the north side of the peak.

"You know what, miss?" Carlos said and stared dreamingly at the peak. "Going up by the cable car was too easy. I've decided I'll try to climb the top now! I want to look down into the volcano. I know there's lot of poisonous gas up there, but I'll manage. I always manage, haha!"

"So… you won't come with me to Lavaridge?" Keira said, a bit disappointed. She had gotten used to not travelling alone.

"No," he replied, making sure his backpack and belongings were tied on good enough. "But remember, little miss trainer. I'm your friend in need, and voice in despair. If you ever need me be! Hoho!"

And with those words, he sent out his Sandshrew and they both bowed to Keira before beginning the climb up to the top in a fast pace.

Keira stared in their direction for a while, until she was approached by an old lady, who nearly scared the girl by talking to her.

"Excuse me?" the old lady said. "Would the little miss want to try a Lava Cookie?"

"A what?" Keira said quickly and forgot to be polite.

"It's a specialty in this area. They can cure you when you feel bad. Tourists find them lovely, and we love them ourselves! Even your pokémon will like them."
    Keira bought a couple of cookies, though they were pretty expensive, but she wanted to be nice to the lady. Then she started walking down the route where there was a sign saying: Jagged Pass - south to Lavaridge Town.

The forest on this side of the mountain was dense, with pine trees standing close to each other. There was a path going pretty steep down though, and Keira followed it. To not feel so alone, she brought out Mareep and her newly obtained Numel.

The two pokémon looked each other over, like if deciding if they should like each other or not. Mareep broke up into a smile and a bleat, and after a while Numel responded with a grunt that didn't sound too hostile. Keira let out a breath.

The three of them went on, through the rather thick grass, until Mareep's baa was heard in front of Keira. "What is it?" she asked.

Mareep stared into the forest to the left of them. Keira squinted her eyes and thought she saw something glint in there. But maybe she was imagining things. Mareep could start baa-ing for anything. She was like a little playful dog. Only fluffier. And more electric.

Numel prodded onwards behind Keira. Its big feet left round footprints in the grass. When Keira looked closer, she could see that the grass here seemed to be covered by some dust. Probably from the volcano. They were relatively close to the top, after all.

Numel suddenly grunted high-pitchedly. Keira spun around, and saw something making the grass behind her pokémon sway, like if someone had just dashed away from Numel. The fire pokémon looked huffed, as if it had been poked without warning.

"Who's running around here?" the trainer asked loudly. No reply. The Jagged Path seemed deserted.

Or maybe not. They kept walking and turned around a dense group of pine trees instead of trying to go through it. Then they saw another girl come walking in the opposite direction.

When the other girl saw Keira, her face became a wide smile and she hurried to come up to Keira. Then it became clear it wasn't Keira who had made the girl shine up; it was Mareep and Numel.

"What cuuuuute pokémon!" the girl said and hugged Mareep without warning. Keira knew Mareep liked being hugged, but now it was on the verge of shocking the girl for hugging it too tightly.

The girl, luckily, let the sheep go before that happened. "Hi!" she said, finally looking at Keira. "I'm Jill! Are these yours?"

"Nice to meet you, Jill," Keira said, feeling rather unsettled. Girls of her own age were still difficult to be around. She had never really been accepted into any of the groups of girls back in Pallet Town. "Yes, they're… they're mine. I'm Keira."

"Awesome!" Jill giggled. "Let's have a battle!"

Keira was a bit unsure. Sure her pokémon were a lot more lively after a good night's sleep and rest but still. Why did everybody want to battle her nowadays? Maybe this was the life of a trainer. She simply had to get used to it.

"Alright," Keira said. "What pokémon do you have?" She still couldn't hide her little excitement when she got to see other people's pokémon.

"This one!" Jill said and threw forth a pokéball. It opened up and a miniature Jigglypuff came out and grew larger and larger until it was normal size and stood in the dusty grass between Jill and Keira.

Keira didn't wait long with choosing her pokémon. Even though she could see an interested look on Numel's face, she thought it needed more psychological training before being ready for battle since its defeat against the male Numel. Therefore…

"Mareep!"

The sheep answered with its usual baa and leaped forward, ready.

"Can I go first?" Jill said with a pleading voice. Keira nodded and Mareep braced itself.

"Jigglypuff, use Pound!" Jill shouted, and Jigglypuff moved forward, raising its little flap for an arm.

"Mareep, Growl!" Keira said. She was using these defensive moves on instinct by now.

Mareep let out a growl but it didn't seem to affect Jigglypuff! It still seemed to smile, and reached Mareep, pounding it hard with its hand. Mareep got a big bruise on its cheek, and a foul mood in its mind. Before Keira needed to say anything, it Thundershocked Jigglypuff.

The pink blob stuttered and jumped backwards, shaking its body heavily. It then looked up, just as angry as Mareep had looked.

"Disable, Jigglypuff!" Jill said, and Jigglypuff made a strange gest with its hand. A sudden tingling sound was heard, at the same time as a flash of light seemed to hit Mareep.

"What happened?" Keira said with a seed of worry in her eyes.

"Try Thundershocking us now!" Jill said teasingly.

Mareep let out a baa again, but stood still without doing anything. "What's going on…" Keira began but then she understood. Disable. She had never understood how that attack could work. Apparently it was some kind of 'pokémon magic'. That was what her parents had called all the strange powers that pokémon posessed. Some which wasn't really easily explainable, or not explainable at all. It was part of the unexplainable pokémon world.

"Now, Sing!" Jill said and clapped her hands excitingly. She had apparently seen this performed many times before. Keira had seen it enough times to know what could happen next. She darted forward and covered Mareep's ears with her hands.

"Don't listen!" she told Mareep, but the Mareep seemed to be lost in thoughts already.

Jigglypuff started singing. It was actually a quite sweet tune, not at all sounding like a growling pokémon, and it made Keira drowsy.

Jill was giggling. "Seems your fluffy pal didn't resist it," she said and pointed at the sheep.

"Mareep…" Keira said quietly, a bit disappointed. What a dumb way to lose.

She shaped up and looked down. Her pokémon was curled up and its head leaning forwards. It looked asleep. But… was it?

Jigglypuff stopped singing and was cheering with its trainer. But a baa was heard, all of a sudden. Keira's pokémon looked up, and Keira, who was sitting beside it in the grass, noticed how its skin had… changed color?

Another flash of light came and the pokémon got up. Keira knew what had happened but couldn't really grasp it. She fumbled with her pokédex, which she always kept in a pocket on her blue jacket. She flipped it open and found the page she was looking for. Flaaffy, it said, with bright letters. Mareep had evolved!

"Wow…" Jill said, completely bedazzled by the cuteness of the fluffy lamb.

Flaaffy patted its trainer on her back and smiled with a challenging look. Keira knew it hadn't finished battling. With or without its Thundershock, this wasn't over.

"Alright! Flaaffy!" Keira said with a new energy. "Use Thunder Wave!"

Flaaffy's fur began to bristle and crackle. A sparkling wave emanated from it and hit Jigglypuff, who got thoroughly paralyzed.

"Why didn't the singing work?" Jill said angrily.

"Flaaffy was a bit busy with evolving and wasn't listening," Keira said, smiling. It felt a bit good to triumph over another girl.

"Aargh. Defense Curl!" Jill said in an attempt to protect the pokémon. Jigglypuff curled up into a pink ball.

"Tackle!" Keira said, and Flaaffy shot forward and slammed into the pink ball with its head. The ball bounced back a little and Jigglypuff went back to its normal form, clearly in pain.

"Again!" said Keira.

"Pound!" Jill said, and the two pokémon stirred up dust clouds in the battlefield as they started running towards one another. Flaaffy's fur sparkled. Maybe the Disable was about to wear off?

As they reached each other, Jigglypuff hit Flaaffy's face exceptionally well-aimed, but the sheer force of Flaaffy's tackle still made it bounce backwards from the impact, while Flaaffy came to a halt there.

Flaaffy had been hit by two pounds and would keep bruises on its cheeks for some time after this. Jigglypuff had been hit by a Thundershock, a Tackle and was almost paralysed by a Thunder Wave. They could see it was having trouble getting up from the last attack.

"Come on! Jiggy, we're the best!" Jill shouted.

Jigglypuff nodded, and got up, but Keira had the finishing weapon. "Come on, Flaaffy. Try Thundershocking it!"

Jigglypuff moved forward with a last Pound ready. Flaaffy held its ground. It was trying with all its might to surpass the Disable attack and do a Thundershock. Jigglypuff was closing in…

Keira forced herself to not close her eyes. Thus, she watched how Flaaffy failed to produce a Thundershock in time, but how Jigglypuff stumbled and fell at Flaaffy's feet, paralysed. Keira let out a huge breath for the second time that day.

And then a spark came from Flaaffy's fur. It was working now! Flaaffy let the power build up…

"Stop! Please!" Jill said and ran forward, covering Jigglypuff. "You win!"

Keira and Flaaffy seemed to snap out of a dream. Keira remembered how Kliff had ended their battle before the Numels were too hurt. She looked at her Numel, who was standing behind her, watching the battle with an interested look.

"Alright," she said. Jill retreated Jigglypuff into its pokéball and said goodbye. She ran back down the Jagged Pass.

"Good work, Flaaffy," Keira said and patted her newly evolved pokémon. Maybe she was a bit girly after all. She liked the pink shade of Flaaffy's skin, which was glowing between the patches of sparkling wool.

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    (Route 111)

"Route 111" Dean said aloud reading the sign that pointed north from his current standing point of Mauville city.

"Hey are you going to travel on route 111?" A strange female voice shouted from behind as Dean heard the footsteps get closer. He turned around to see a girl about his age maybe a year or two younger running towards him then panting for air. The girl had blondish hair pulled back into a pony tail, with greenish eyes. She wore a pink tank top, and a pair of jean shorts.

"Whats it to you?" Dean smarted back reverting to his old snobby attitude.

"Well you see I don't have any pokemon, but I need to cross to get to lavaridge town" The girl said as a sad look came across her face.

"Blah… find someone else to take you across I don't have time to baby sit" Dean smirked back to her as he started walking away. He began to feel regret for his decision, he started thinking he'd changed on his journey thus far. Dean hated himself at the moment he hated thinking he was still that self centered.

"Listen boy I watched your gym battle against Wattson your not as self centered as you act. Not after the way you hugged your Elekid after the battle" The girl said rushing back to his side.

"Ahh you know nothing about me!" Dean turned and yelled at her, as he started getting frustrated now.

"Now, now don't get cranky your not mad at me after all" She scolded back as the two begin to get in an argument as if they've known each other for years.
    "Really now, ok Dr. Girl who am I made at then?" Dean asked intrigued to see what she came up with now.

"Your obviously have some major daddy issues" she said sarcastically with a huge smile on her face.

"What would you know… and why exactly are you smiling??" he asked.

"Because as since you've been arguing with me we've actually made quite some progress walking along route 111" She said still smiling as Dean realized that Mauville City was now much further back then he thought.

"Fine… I guess you can travel with me, but just till Lavaridge Town once we get there were done" Dean said focusing his attention back on the path ahead. But something was bothering him, the way this girl smiled at him he felt like he knew her already. But that couldn't be, he never really had friends since because he only ever cared about himself.

"Yay! The names Samantha but you can call me Sam" She said holding out her hand for Dean to shake it.

"Hmph, the names Dean, Dean Winchester" He replied shaking her hand firmly.

"So Dean how's your journey been so far?" She asked trying to make some kind of conversation.

"It's been dandy, I'm doing great" Dean said trying to act tough, even though he knew his journey had been rough on him so far.

"Well that's good but I don't believe you… You know it's not always bad to be truthful and open with someone" Sam reiterated to him again.

"Yeah…" Dean mumbled putting his head down. He hated this girl right now for butting into his personal life, but at the same time he found himself feeling she was right.

"Well um anywho it's getting dark out maybe we should make camp for the night?" Sam asked as Dean nodded in agreement.

After a few moments they had quickly set up camp Dean and Sam laid sleeping bags out at opposite sides of the campfire in which she built. Basically due to the fact Dean had barely any woodsmen skills in his body. And after that she even cooked up dinner for the two.

"You know, I could teach you" Sam said getting up and moving over right next to Dean who was laying down looking at the stars.

"Teach me what?" He asked.
    "How to build a fire, it comes in handy and I won't always be here to make one for you" Sam said.

"Thanks but…" Dean started saying before hearing a ton of tiny footsteps all around them.

"What was that??" Sam whispered getting closer to Dean.

"Uh,,, I… um…" Dean said getting nervous the closer she got.

"Oh real helpful Dean" She shouted back as the footsteps began to get closer.

"Za!"

"Zig!"

"Za!"

A bunch of growls came from the darkness as suddenly Sam was being carried away into the darkness.

"DEAN!" Sam wailed at the top of her lungs.

"Oh for the love of Arecus what's going on!" Dean shouted as he grabbed his pokedex from his bag and swiftly pointed it in the direction of Sam.

"Zigzagoon, it gets interested in everything which is why it zig zags" The pokedex read aloud as Dean noticed she was moving away in a zig zagged pattern.

"Hold on Sam I'm coming!" Dean yelled reaching for a pokeball out of his bag and racing after her. He quickly tossed out the random pokeball revealing it to be wailmer.

"Mer!" it shouted as he barely moved, since it was so big and out of the water.

"Oh just great how am I going to save Sam with Wailmer, he can't even move!" Dean shouted as Wailmer then shoot a beam of water at his face.

"Wait a minute, that's perfect!" Dean yelled realizing he had an idea, he returned Wailmer and quickly chased after the Zigzagoons.

When he finally caught up to them he threw Wailmers pokeball with all his might.

"I hope this works…" Dean thought to himself as suddenly Sam was flung backwards off the backs of the Zigzagoons. She made her way towards Dean who now had a huge grin on his face.

"What are you smiling about!?!" She screamed at him, punching him in the arm.

"My plan worked to save you" Dean said pointing to Wailmer who was blocking the Zigzagoons from moving any further.

"Oh wow, that was a good strategy…" Sam said brushing her clothes off as she pointed out there were about five Zigzagoons.

"Oh well, now Wailmer use watergun!" Dean ordered as Wailmer began spraying down the zigzagoons one by one with beams of water.

"Goon!" One of them shouted tackling into the stomach of the giant whale type pokemon but to his avail barely doing any damage.

"That plan worked well. But what about the Zigzagoon there not just going to leave us alone?" Sam questioned that part of his plan.

"No worries I thought of that, Wailmer use water gun on the ground around the zigzagoons!" Dean ordered as he reached into his pocket and pulled out another pokeball. "Go Sparks use thunder punch on the ground in front of you!"

"Ele!" Sparks shouted as he raised his left fist into the air as electricity began to flow from it. At the same time Wailmer was covering the ground around them in puddles of water.

"Now!" Dean ordered with a big grin on his face as Sparks thrusted his left fist into the ground causing the electricity to flow through the water and shock all of the wet zigzagoons causing them to be severely hurt and take off in the other direction.

"Kid" Sparks said with a cocky expression his face.

"Good job guys now return!" Dean said happily as he returned them both to there pokeballs.

Later that night Dean and Sam lay under the stars next to the fire in there sleeping bags.

"Hey Sam" Dean whispered across the fire.

"Yeah Dean" She whispered back half asleep.

"Sorry for how I acted when we first met, you were right about me" Dean said as he started to feel vulnerable and weird for opening up.

"It's no problem Dean, you're good at heart people just need to give you a chance instead of writing you off from the start" she said back. "By the way thanks for saving me". Sam said with a smile on her face, until she realized Dean had fallen asleep already.

slls81

Years
    @Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers - Nice post

Congratulations Mareep evolved into Flaafy
    Congratulations Flaafy grew to Level 16

@Sacred Beo - Nice post, good introduction to Dean's character :)

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    (Route 111 post 2)

"Ahhhh" Dean yawned stretching his arms out of his sleeping bag as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Hey sleepy head!" Sam shouted as she was standing directly over Dean.

"What time is it?" Dean asked not knowing how long he'd be asleep.

"It's about eleven thirty, I've been up for the last three hours preparing breakfast" Sam smiled as Dean suddenly caught the sweet aroma of rice and toast. He quickly sprung out of his sleeping bag and began to chow down.

"Mhm, that was awesome.. Where'd you learn to cook like that Sam?" Dean asked finishing off the last bit of rice, and chugging down a glass of water.

"My mother taught me before she passed away.." Sam said turning her head away from Dean.

"Oh, I'm sorry…" Dean said back feeling wrong about asking her the question now, he began to realize he didn't know much about her.

"It's ok it was a long time ago, anyways I think we should get going if we want to make it to Lavaridge town by tonight" Sam said as Dean just nodded in agreement not sure of what else to say. After a few minutes there camp was packed up and they began heading towards Lavaridge Town.

"Whose that?" Sam asked pointing to a shadowy figure standing on a boulder just in front of Dean and her.

"I have no idea…" Dean said puzzled as the figure jumped off the boulder and made his way towards them. As he got closer he was revealed to be just a young boy wearing blue shorts and a white t-shirt.

"Hey are you a trainer?" The boy asked.

"Yeah why?" Dean answered back wondering what this kid wanted.

"Will you battle me then? I'm training to battle Wattson in Mauville City and I need to test my team" The boy said as a grin grew on his face.

"Ha hate to burst your bubble kid but I've already beaten Wattson and I don't have time to waste on a kid like you" Dean said cockily as Sam elbowed him in the ribs.

"He'd love to battle with you, wouldn't you Dean" She said angrily at Dean who was now holding his right rib cage and gasping for air.

"Uh, huh love to… now… Let's go..." Dean said slowly standing straight up and reaching for a pokeball.

"The names Ryan by the way, and I guess your Dean.. will use two pokemon each" Ryan said grabbing a pokeball off his belt.

"Yeah yeah let's just do this and get it over with" Dean shouted back with a smirk on his face.

"Hey Dean don't get cocky now, you don't know how strong this kid could be" Sam shouted back hating the fact that Dean was acting like his old snobbish self.

"Go Sparks!" Dean shouted tossing out Sparks pokeball.

"Ele!" Sparks roared clamping his fist together creating sparks.

"Hmph nice pokemon let's see him fair with this though.. Go pikachu!" Ryan said tossing out his pokeball as a tiny yellow mouse looking pokemon appeared before Sparks.

"Interesting, electric vs electric" Sam said to herself wondering if Dean's head was to big for him to win this.

"Sparks charge in and use quick attack!" Dean ordered as Sparks began sprinting towards Pikachu.

"Pikachu counter with tail whip!" Ryan shouted as Pikachu began wagging it's tail making Sparks slow down just a tad. "Now dodge it and use your own quick attack!" Ryan yelled as Pikachu swiftly moved to the side of Sparks quick attack causing him to fall face first into the dirt.

"Ah Sparks get up!" Dean shouted as Sparks began to get back to his feet but he moved to slow as Pikachu raced by slashing his body quickly with it's quick attack.

"Ele!!" Sparks shouted in agony as he fell to one knee.

"Pikachu let's finish this use thunder wave!" Ryan said with a grin on his face as Pikachu charged it's body before releasing a wave of electricity straight for Sparks.

"Move Sparks! Now!" Dean yelled at the top of his lungs angrily as Sparks was to slow and was struck by the wave causing him to become paralyzed.

"Ok Pikachu quick attack to end this!" Ryan ordered as Pikachu once again charged in and swiftly struck the side of the paralyzed Sparks causing him to fall flat to the ground.

"No Sparks… Get up now you can still fight!" Dean shouted getting angry he didn't want to believe Sparks had lost…

"Dean it's over just return him before you cause him any more harm!" Sam shouted trying to pull Dean out of it.

"Yeah Dean seriously get over it" Ryan laughed as a spark lit in Dean's eyes.

"Your right my bad… Sparks return, now go wailmer!" Dean said softly returning Sparks to it's pokeball and letting Wailmer free.

"Mer!" Wailmer shouted.

"Haha that's your next choice? Against an electric type? Seriously? Ryan laughed back as he ordered a thunder shock from Pikachu.

"Wailmer stand your ground!" Dean said softly once again trying controlling his anger and stay calm. The thundershock struck Wailmer directly but to everyone's surprise including Dean's it seemed to not affect him at the moment.

"Fine you want to play that way Pikachu charge in and use quick attack!" Ryan ordered. Pikachu charge in once again getting ready to strike Wailmer just like he did Sparks moments earlier. As Pikachu inched nearer and a smirk grew on Deans face.

"Dean what are you waiting for do something!" Sam yelled thinking Dean had lost his nerve as Pikachu readied to strike.

"Now Wailmer rolled to your left" Dean ordered as Wailmer rolled to his side landing right on top of Pikachu knocking it unconscious.

"Pikachu return! I can't believe that just happened, is that even fair!" Ryan questioned Dean's tactics.

"How about you just call out your next pokemon" Dean sarcastically answered back.

"Fine, go Torchic!" Ryan said tossing his pokeball out and a small orange chicken type pokemon popped out.

"Dean it's a fire type, use Wailmers water gun!" Sam shouted to him as Dean just turned his head and nodded.

"Torchic use focus energy!" Ryan ordered as the Torchic began focusing it's energy.

"Wailmer use water gun!" Dean ordered as Wailmer started sparying a stream of water at Torchic knocking it off balance and losing focus.

"Crap… Torchic get back up please" Ryan desperately said as Torchic slowly made it's way to it's feet.

"You may have had me on the ropes earlier Ryan, but once I gained control and calmed down I was able to think more clearly instead of letting my ego get in the way… Wailmer finish this with water gun don't stop using it till you hit!" Dean said ending his little speech as Wailmer began spraying a stream of water at the Torchic once again.

"Torchic keep dodging!" Ryan shouted trying to figure out something to do, but with each blast of water Torchic dodge the more exhausted it became till it was finally struck by a blast and pummeled into a boulder.

"It's over Ryan" Dean said calmly walking over to him.

"Your right, ah return Torchic" Ryan said as the two trainers meet in the middle of the battle field.

"I must say you had me there for a while, you should have no problem with Wattson as long as you keep your head cool" Dean said as Ryan nodded and the two shook hands.

"Don't worry Dean will meet again and I'll be much stronger then" Ryan shouted back before taking off in the opposite direction of Dean and Sam.

"Well I must say you overcome your own ego to actually win a battle, not to shabby Dean" Sam said punching him in the shoulder.

"Ow…" Dean whispered clenching his teeth to his upper lip trying not to show how much that hurt.

"Oh come on now that didn't hurt" Sam said laughing.

"No… Not one bit…" Dean said unclenching his lip from his teeth.

"Anyway I think you should congratulate Wailmer" Sam said pointing to Wailmer who was now just rocking back and forth. Dean slowly walked up to his pokemon he at one point thought was useless.

"Hey buddy, good job out there you really stepped it up when I needed you" Dean said smiling and rubbing Wailmer on his back.

"Mer! Mer!" Wailmer roared as Dean returned him to his pokeball for a much deserved rest, and with that Dean and Sam continued there journey towards Lavaridge town and his next gym battle.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Cable Car Carnage

"I've got one..." Kliff said as he unclipped a pokeball and sent out Numel. The camel shook its head and stared at its new trainer. Kliff could have sworn there was a hint of disgust in his eyes.

"Baker."

"..."

"Your new nickname?"

Numel - now Baker - turned away, clearly unimpressed,

Kliff sighed, "You'll get used to it." He began walking again, however he noticed Baker was staying put, "... come on then!"

Baker didn't budge - he didn't even move his head. He clearly wasn't happy with his new name - nor trainer for that matter.

Kliff rummaged in his bag and found the prize he won back in Mauville. The orange disk gleamed a little in the dim sunlight,

"Fine," he shouted over to the camel, "I guess you don't want this then!" He held up the disk, and Baker looked. Intrugued by the possible gift, he plodded up to Kliff, standing at his feet expectantly. He wore a sort of 'hurry up' look on his face,

"If you want this then one - your name is Baker, got it?" Baker lowered its head in a submissive, but annoyed way, "And two - I'm your trainer. Like it or not, you're obeying me." Baker looked back up and blinked once,

"Okay then, here's a little kick-start." Kliff placed the disk on Baker's head and it began to glow. Baker shuddered as his head absorbed all the new knowledge. Soon, the disk stopped glowing and cracked into tiny pieces. Baker grunted and a small plume of smoke came from his back. He had learned Flamethrower.

"Mel..." the pokemon said in a cocky way,

"Let's try out that move then Baker," Kliff said pressing on. Baker, still visably unimpressed with the name, followed him a few feet behind. Kliff stopped as he saw a pokemon walk out infront of him - a Mawile.

"What's a Mawile doing here...?" he asked himself. Before he had time to do anything else, an impressive jet of fire erupted from behind him and flew straight at Mawile. Kliff watched as the jet struck the steel type, forcing it back and causing it to wail out in agony. Turning, he saw Baker, mouth open as fire shot out from it.

"Wow..." Kliff said in awe, "that's pretty damn cool!" Mawile jumped, breaking free of Flamethrower and then ran in for Baker as soon as it landed. It jumped towards him with its large jaws open wide, ready to clamp down,

"Dodge and Tackle it from behind!" Kliff shouted. Baker simply grinned, and it rumbled a little before firing another jet of fire at point blank range. Mawile was sent flying backwards by the oncoming firey force, crying out as it did so. It landed with a thud and struggled to get up,

"Kliff! What the hell are you doing?!"

"Wha-?"

Kliff looked over to Mawile and saw another person run up to it. It was Lauren. He almost slapped himself,

"Why are you attacking Mawile?!" she asked in a mixture of disbelief and rage,

"Sorry!" Kliff yelled over in a quick apology, "New trade, still having problems!"

"Numel!!" Baker yelled as it used Flamethrower again. Lauren hastily retrieved Mawile, leaving the attack hitting nothing. Likewise, Kliff recalled Baker before things got out of hand.

"What's up with that thing?" Lauren asked Kliff as he walked over to her,

"I've got no idea," he said, "I'm not a particular fan of his attitude either. Listen, sorry about Mawile. Baker just jumped right in and I thought it was wild.."

"Ah well I guess that's been and gone - wait... Baker?"

There was a small pause.

"Yep," Kliff said, "I like nicknames. So what?"

"Nothing, nothing," Lauren said as she flicked some hair behind her shoulder, "I take it you've just came from Mauville too?"

Kliff nodded, "Just on my way to Laveradge Town. But I'll need to find a way up that mountain,"

Lauren coughed and pointed to a cable car station not too far away.

"... yea, that'll do."

----------

"What's up Kliff? You've went quiet suddenly."

"Nothing! No no, I'm fine..." Kliff replied. He was lying - travelling by cable car didn't particularly help his fear of heights. But he wasn't going to admit it.

"The view's amazing up here..." Lauren said as she gazed out of the suspended box, "don't you think so?"

"Yep." Kliff said glancing outside. It was beautiful, but staring too long just reminded him of how high up they were. Fed up with the silence, he thought of a conversation starter,

"Where are you from anyway Lauren?" he asked,

"Petalburg City," she said, turning her attention to back inside the cable car, "I like it there - the climate is never too extreme, it's just perfect. What about you?"

"Pallet Town."

"No way!" she said surprised, "That far? How come you're out here then?"

"Kind of a long story, back in Pallet, a fairly new professor gave me Gella as my first pokemon. Apparently she had plans for her trainers to compete in the Hoenn League this year,"

"How come?"

"Umm..." could he tell her about the Magma/Aqua fiasco? "Well, something happened back in the lab,"

"What?" Lauren asked, leaning in as she became more anxious to hear,

"Some pokemon got stolen. They think Magma or Aqua have them here, so that's the main reason,"

Lauren gasped, "That's awful! Were any of yours stolen?"

"No no..." Kliff said, "I didn't have any at the time. You could say I'm just here because that's where the ones concerned were sent too."

"But you're still going to compete in the league right? After all, you have three badges already..."

Kliff smiled, "Sure. And I'm looking forward to it!"

"Attention:" a pre-recorded message spoke from a set of speakers, "we are now entering the Mt. Chimney station. Please remain seated until the car has fully stopped."

"Phew... thank god," Kliff mumbled,

"What?"

"Nothing!"

(OOC: Just a linking post between routes :D Complete with new nickname and move ;))

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    OOC: Just a short post to move along to Route 112 to the west

"I told you, you should've gone to get an egg." Danny pulled a face.

"Whatever. I bet it's got some secret downside, anyway." Warren snorted.

"Well, Useless does cause extreme annoyance to all opposing trainers when they inevitably lose. But that's pretty bearable." Suddenly, the two trainers came to a standstill. Warren looked down at his feet, where the path curved sharply to the right. In front of them, two huge rocks jutted up out of the floor, where the sparse patches of grass gave way to an unbroken sea of sand. Warren's eyes went wide.

"Danny….think how many Pokémon must be living in that desert! I could get a Trapinch!" Danny sighed.

"Moron."

"What?"

"You'd never get anywhere. The desert has sand storms all day, every day. You wouldn't even see your own hand in front of your face." Warren sighed.

"Typical. Why can't the rare Pokémon just live where they're nice and easy to catch?"

"…I'm not even going to dignify that with a response." Warren sighed.

"Fine. Break time." And with that, he sat down and leaned back against a rock. Danny stared at him, unimpressed.

"We've been going less than an hour."

"Yeah...but I wasted all my energy beating you." Danny rolled his eyes, sitting down next to him.

"Fine. But I don't want to wait too long. Lavaridge Town is just over Mount Chimney and once I beat Flannery, I'm halfway to the league." Warren ignored him, choosing instead to stare over at where a large group of small, brown-furred raccoons were standing, staring at the two trainers. Leaning over, Warren poked Danny on the shoulder, then pointed at the…herd? Pride? Litter? Danny helpfully interjected with:

"That's the biggest gaze of Zigzagoon I ever saw." Wondering who would ever know collective nouns that obscure, Warren slowly stood up to see over there heads. Behind each small raccoon were two or three more. Warren frowned.

"What are they all doing here? And why are they staring at us?" Not waiting for an answer, he held out an Pokéball and released Cuddles. Stretching out, it unsheathed its claws, then paused as it released that it was facing a veritable army.

"No fighting for now. Just find out what they want." Cuddles nodded, then scampered forwards to meet the, er, gaze of raccoons. One, slightly larger than the others, stepped forwards and gave a few short growls. Cuddles tilted his head to the side, nodding slowly. After a few seconds, he turned around and wandered back over to Warren. Bending down, Cuddles began to crawl around on all fours and roar madly. Warren sighed. Mimicry was apparently not one of its talents. Danny frowned.

"What's it trying to be?" Cuddles sighed, then held its hand up to its mouth and began to quiver in mock fear, before throwing its arms into the air and pretending to run away. Turning around, it pointed at the Zigzagoon again and Danny nodded slowly.

"So something scared the Zigzagoon and now they're running…where?" Cuddles pointed back down the road they'd come from. Warren frowned.

"But that's Mauville City. They can't go there, there's nowhere for them to live." Cuddles just stared at him pointedly.

"Oh...wait, no way. You think we should help them?"

"Well, we can't let them loose on Mauville," Danny interjected rather unhelpfully, "They're scavengers. They'd run amok." Warren sighed. At least he might get some training out of it.

"Fine, we'll go. You lot, stay here, and you," Warren pointed at the leader of the gaze, "You lead the way."

slls81

Years
    @Sacred Beo - Congratulations Elekid (Sparks) grew to Level 16
    Congratulations Wailmer grew to Level 12

@Zeph - Nice connecting post :)

Congratulations Kliff nicknamed his Numel "Baker"
    Congratulations Numel (Baker) learned Flamethrower

@I Laugh At Your Misfortune - Well this could get interesting...

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    Sam stepped towards the large building. It was rather…different from the rest of the town. It was much larger than the other buildings and at first glance, appeared to be made purely out of metal.

"Just like the good old days…" Sam whispered. He still couldn't get over going to new gyms. Well, it was time to go earn another badge and get another step closer to the league…wait, that wasn't what he was there to do. "What am I doing? I'm here to get the gang back, not to fight gyms. Why the hell am I doing this? What am I doing at all?" As though in answer, a face Sam had not been looking to see showed up rather conveniently.

"Sam! There you are!" Sam's eyes narrowed to slits. He knew the voice all too well. He turned around to see…Travis.

"What do you want?" Travis walked forward to join him.

"Chill, I'm only here to say hey. Diane's waiting back at the pokecenter." Sam glared at him.

"Well that's great. I was just gonna get moving anyway…" He started to walk away but was quickly stopped.

"Hold on now! Have you beat this gym already?" Sam was annoyed by this. Of course Travis would bring that up.

"Nope, and I haven't got any plans to, either." He continued walking.

"And why not? Don't you remember what you said to me before?!" Sam sighed.

"Nope."

"Back on Route One?!" Sam stopped. A scene played through his mind.

A slightly younger and much different looking version of a Travis stood before his eyes, a knocked out Bulbasaur at his feet.

"Damn you! Who are you and why are you so good?!" The voice that answered was different from what he had expected it to sound like.

"The name's Sam, and I'm good because I am."

"Yeah? Well I'm Travis and I'll beat you one day!" The younger Sam shrugged.

"You'll have to get a lot better before then. Now go fight a gym or something…" He returned his Eevee and started to walk away, just like he had been doing just a second before in the present time.

"You too! You have to promise me that after we meet and head out into a region that you'll collect all the gym badges and fight me at the League Championships!" Sam sighed.

"Will you leave me alone if I do?"

"Yes."

"Fine then. I promise to collect all the badges of the respective regions and kick your ass every time we meet in the league. Good bye." With that Sam walked off and the flashback ended.

"So do you?" Sam shook his head. Travis was standing in front of him again.

"…yeah. I promised that I'd fight every gym…" Travis grinned.

"So don't go breaking your promise, get in there!" Sam sighed. No way was he going to be able to get out of this.

"Whatever, just keep your distance from me…" With that, he turned around and marched inside without another word being spoken.

Inside, the gym was all metal, down to the battle field. Silently, he wondered just what type of gym this was supposed to be.

"You there!" Sam jumped and looked around for the source of the voice.

"M…me?" he asked.

"Yes you! You're here to fight the gym?" Sam nodded. "Well then, meet me…the great…" A door started to open on the other side of the metal floor. "WATTSON!" Sam let out a deep breath.

"You do realize that you could've just skipped the entrance and we could have been battling already, right?" Sam commented. The man frowned.

"Well yeah, I could've done that, but what fun would it have been?"

"None at all…" Sam sarcastically remarked, fighting back the will to say 'plenty'.

"Right! Well then, two on two let's go Voltorb!" Sam raised an eyebrow at how quickly this was moving. Within seconds, a red orb had appeared…with two eyes.

"A Voltorb…could be fun. Right, Spore, get in there!" Sam threw the pokeball and the mushroom Pokémon appeared.

"Shroom…" it hummed, half scared, half confused why Sam was using it.

"Right then! Use Sonicboom!" Sam growled at how direct this gym leader was being. It was as though he actually had a life beyond fighting random trainers.

"Jump over the sound and uses Tackle on it!" With a light jump, Spore had dodged over the sound based attack and was now headed straight for its opponent.

"Don't just sit there! Use Rollout!" Voltorb started to roll rapidly, then suddenly took to the air and charged straight at Spore, who was hit directly. Despite having moved first, Spore hadn't done any good at all, a single hit sending it flying.

"Shroooomm…." It whined. Sam growled.

"Come on, get going! Use Absorb!" Spore sent out a burst of green energy, coating Voltorb. The energy quickly took hold, beginning to sad the energy of the electric type. This wouldn't last long, however.

"Don't let it do that, use Charge!" Voltorb focused, bringing in electric energy. The amount was enough to shatter Spore's concentration, causing the energy to fade, but not before Spore managed to heal up a couple scrapes left by the previous attack. Sam growled. Charge meant he was going to try and electric type attack next. Sam had hoped to use the fact that electric moves weren't amazing on grass types to his advantage in the battle, but it appeared that the plan had failed. He could always use his ace in the hole…but not yet. He'd save it for later, when he'd worn his opponent down just a bit more.

"Alright then, use Stun Spore!" Spore sent out several yellow spores into the air. They floated by Voltorb to no avail…it showed no noticeable paralysis effects.

"You can't use that on a Pokémon that doesn't have to breathe…" Wattson commented. Sam scowled.

"Did I ask you? Now, use Tackle!" Wattson grinned.

"Show them Spark!" Sam's eyes opened wide. He had expected a ranged attack…something he could dodge. This wasn't good…

"Get out of the way!" Spore tried to jump out of the way, but Voltorb was too quick. It shot forward, smashing hard into Spore, who was sent flying into a wall, shocked as it did.

"Well kid? Still think you're tough?" Sam sighed.

"Tough isn't what matters here. What matters is that I do this right! Use Absorb!" Spore gathered the energy to send out another burst of green energy, once more beginning to sap Voltorb's health.

"You're right. Strategy is important! Observe, use Spark on the ground!" Voltorb send out a wave of electricity faster than Sam could react. The rubber soles of his and Watton's shoes were all that kept them from feeling the volts Spore took. The creature cried out in pain. Sam growled.

"This entire gym is meant so that you can win…how am I supposed to beat it?!" He paced everything in his mind. Electricity traveled through the metal floor…but if he recalled correctly from science classes he never took, light bounced well off metal…

"You can't win kid! Voltorb, use Charge again!"

"…fine then! Spore, start charging up energy for this next burst!" Spore didn't seem to understand, but its body seemed to react on its own, starting to glow a little. Both Pokémon became surrounded in energy, slowly but surely.

"Alright, use Spark!" Voltorb charged across the stadium. Energy was pulsing, but Voltorb was holding it all in anticipation of the strike.

"And…fire…SOLARBEAM!" Spore let out a huge burst of light energy…straight up.

"BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You've failed, child! Just give it up now and I won't beat your Pokémon down!" Sam was just about to give his surrendering statement when something incredible happened. The Solarbeam shot down from the ceiling and smashed into Voltorb. The electric type was instantly defeated by the powerful attack.

"…you were saying?" Sam instantly composed himself. Wattson glared at him.

"…lucky shot! Return!" Sam sighed and looked down at Spore to congratulate it…when suddenly he saw it running in circles.

"Er…Spore? Are you okay?" Spore continued running in circles and Sam thought for a second. He figured that the ever flashy move had scared Spore, who would now not fight until calm…which was unlikely for a very long time. "Fine then…return." He brought it back to its pokeball before grabbing another.

"Well, kid? Can you handle Magnemite?!" He threw out a pokeball containing the ever familiar floating metal eye with matching bolts. Sam sighed.

"Yeah, I think I can! Mime Jr. let's go!" The pink Pokémon appeared in a flash from the pokeball.

"Very well, then! Magnemite, use Thunder Wave!" Magnemite sent out a blue wave of electricity, but with the new Pokémon, Sam was ready this time.

"Alright, Barrier!" A blue field of energy formed around Mime Jr. quickly, causing the energy to simply be blocked. Eventually, Magnemite stopped the attack. Sam closed his eyes for a second. He'd need more attack power to take down a Magnemite with Mime Jr., even using Focus Punch.

"Use Meditate!" Mime Jr. closed his eyes then focused. Red energy built up around him. Sam knew that attack was being raised, but he'd have to keep it up to win.

"You fool! Fine then, use Sonicboom!" Sam grinned. Now he could do something.

"Use Confusion to fly over it!" Mime Jr. lifted himself with the psychic energy, gliding easily over the sound based attack before landing. "Now smash it into the ground!" This time Mime Jr. targeted his opponent, grabbing it and driving it into the metal floor. Magnemite looked dazed after the attack. It then turned its attentions to Mime Jr., awaiting an attack order.

"Use Supersonic!" Sam laughed quietly to himself as Magnemite let out the sound for a moment to no avail.

"…are you done?" Wattson appeared stunned.

"How is it not being confused?" Sam sighed.

"It's the Filter ability. You can't use sound based attacks on Mime Jr." Wattson's face turned red in fury.

"Why you little…! Magnemite, use Thundershock!" Sam sighed. There wasn't time to use Barrier again, so instead he'd use something else.

"Use Meditate again!" Wattson growled as Mime Jr. stored up further attack power.

"Why won't you stop using that irritating move?!" Sam sighed.

"You'll see in just a minute…"

"Tackle it!" Sam looked at Wattson, half out of pity for the man.

"Use Barrier again!" Magnemite flew forward, crashing headfirst into the barrier. "and Meditate…" Mime Jr. continued its gaining of attack power. This sent Wattson into a fury.

"Come on, hit it while it's charging!" Magnemite flew in, but Sam had finally made up his mind.

"It's time! Use Confusion to hold it in place!" Mime Jr. let out a pulse of psychic energy, stunning Magnemite for just a second. "And Focus Punch it!" Mime Jr.'s hand started to glow, then he flew forward, smashing a fist into Magnemite. The half steel type in it was at a major disadvantage as it was sent flying into the wall behind it. It crashed, giving Sam a laugh.

"Good work, Mime Jr.…look out!" He yelled a second too late. The small Pokémon was zapped by a heavy burst of electricity. It walked around, dazed for a second, before passing out on the ground. Sam turned to look at Magnemite, who was now floating. Injured, but still up. He hadn't used Meditate enough…

"Well, kid! You got overconfident. This fight isn't over…send out the mushroom!" Sam sighed. Helplessly, he let Spore back out into the arena.

"Shroomish…?" it looked around, confused to be back so early.

"Hey, buddy. I'm gonna need your help here again. We need to take this thing down together, alright?" Spore, much to Sam's dismay, shook its head and started running in circles. Wattson laughed hardily.

"Well this should be good. Magnemite, just zap it a few times with Thundershock!" Sam sighed, knowing how this would go.

Within moments, Sam's fears were confirmed. Magnemite was sending electric pulses through the floor at Spore, who was jumping to dodge while running in circles. How could he have trained such a strange Pokémon?

"Just give it up! Sonicboom!" Another burst of the technique was sent at Spore, but Sam was ready to take back this battle.

"Jump and DODGE IT!" Spore miraculously listened to his trainer for just a second, giving him time to dodge the move before continuing his actions. Sam growled.

"Shroom…" That was it…Sam had taken enough of this.

"STOP IT!" he screamed. Spore stopped instantly. "Look, you are MY Pokémon, you hear me?! You will stop being a sissy and turn around and fight! Now Spore, are you READY?!" The Pokémon was all but paralyzed in fear, but it gathered just enough strength to nod.

"Sh…shroom…" it whispered quietly.

"Good! Now, get in there and use ABSORB!" Spore sped into the battle and shot out a green beam, absorbing energy for its life. Sam made a mental note that if a Pokémon was terrified of fighting, he'd just scare the life out of it himself to make it work.

"Well, kid! That's certainly an interesting approach, but face it, you can't win! Use Thundershock!"

"Stand strong and use Solarbeam again!" Spore turned to look at Sam, unsure, but the fury in Sam's eyes told Spore that Sam meant it. Spore stood there through the volts, charging light energy. The electricity stopped and Spore was ready to go.

"FIRE!" Another burst of light energy fired. This one wasn't off at all. Magnemite was down the second the move connected. Spore quickly jogged over to Sam.

"Good work. Now, do you see what happens when you listen to me? We win. Now, return…" Sam returned it to its pokeball to see Wattson walking over.

"I must say, kid, you're one of a kind. You're deserving of this badge…here you go." Sam grinned.

"And don't you forget it. Well, I'm off. Enjoy your days of using metal floor to win gym battles." Sam left, headed for the pokecenter and a long night of rest. God knew he (and Spore) needed it.
    OOC: THERE, IT'S UP! I'll see if I can have another one up tomorrow (EST TIME)

slls81

Years
    @Sasuneuchiha - Nice to see you back, how was the holiday? Interesting post, can't wait to see how Spore will develop after this battle :)

Congratulations Shroomish (Spore) grew to Level 14 and learned Leech Seed
    Congratulations Mime Jr grew to Level 11

Zeph.

Years
    Vs. Zigzagoon II

"Wow... it is pretty steep."

Kliff glared down the route. Length wise, it wasn't much at all - it was the height that made up for it, however. One slip and broken bones were a sure thing.

"At least there's a path we can follow," Lauren said pointing to their left. Sure enough, there was a windy dirt road to the bottom. It made the mountainside look like a flight of stairs.

"Well then, no point in hanging around up here." Kliff said, wanting to get back down to the ground as quickly as possible, "Watch your step."

Kliff kept as close to the mountain as he could while he walked down the path carefully. At each turn he made sure to have his hand pressed against the rocky surface of the walls,

"Can we hurry up?" Lauren asked impatiently, "A Slowpoke would be faster than you at this rate,"

Kliff coughed, feeling slightly foolish, "I don't want to rush." He looked down the route again,

"Incase I slip..." he mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Umm..." Kliff said, thinking of a reply, "Look! A Zigzagoon!" He pointed down to the next level, where a Zigzagoon could be seen poking its head out of the soot covered grass. Lauren raised an eyebrow,

"But don't you already have one? Rocky... or whatever his name was."

"Rokko," Kliff corrected, "and yeah, I do. But what's the harm in a little practise?" Picking up the pace, Kliff made his way down to the same level as the Zigzagoon. He unclipped a pokeball,

"Time to get some proper training in, Baker!" he said, throwing the ball to the ground. Baker grunted as he appeared, glanced at Kliff once, before turning his head away in dissaproval.

Lauren giggled, "Still dosen't like you then?"

Kliff was about to answer, however Zigzagoon had caught notice of Baker and began to growl, edging in closer to him.

"Zaaa... Goon!" The raccoon took of, running right in for the Numel in a zig-zag motion.

"Wait until it's about to hit, then dodge it!" Kliff shouted. Baker rolled his eyes, and instead fired a Flamethrower in Zigzagoon's path. Zigzagoon dodged the stream of hot fire, as it was running zig-zaggedly. Leaping and ducking over the firey attack, it landed next to Baker before ramming into him, head first.

"That was Headbutt," Lauren said to Kliff, "that Zigzagoon must be relitavely strong..."

Kliff was still paying attention to the battle. Baker rolled over once at the impact, shaking his head as he stood up.

"No..." Kliff began, " I told you to dodge!" Baker grunted at Kliff before blasting another jet of flames at Zigzagoon. The raccoon simply jumped to the side and growled visciously. Baker's Flamethrower died down as the Growl made him weary. Nonetheless, the camel kept its hard gaze on Zigzagoon, showing no signs of intimidation.

Kliff was getting annoyed, "How about you just do what I tell you! Then we'll get this over and done with?" Baker looked at Kliff harshly, before spitting embers at his feet. Kliff quickly stepped back, retuning the glare to Baker. Both trainer and pokemon were briefly locked in a staring match, before Zigzagoon interrupted them by ramming into Baker with a full body Tackle.

"You're not handling Baker so well are you..." Lauren sighed.

"Shush and let me think," Kliff replied. Maybe he'd have to go with the fact that Baker preffered full on fire attacks.

Baker faced Zigzagoon once more and opened its mouth. Flames appeared within, and smoke began escaping out of his hump,

"Before you do anything!" Kliff quickly called over, "Turn that into an Ember!"

Baker gave Kliff a look that said, 'Yea, right',

"Mell!" Another Flamethrower flew out from his mouth. Zigzagoon simply sidestepped and zig-zagged its way in, totally unharmed. It headbutted Baker square in the chest, sending the Numel sliding back to Kliff.

"You know..." Kliff said to Baker, crouching down to him, "you wouldn't be losing to a Zigzagoon if you'd just listen to me." Baker grunted.

"I knew giving you Flamethrower was a bad idea. Mind you..." he said, "I do know a good move deleter." Baker looked at Kliff, "I could always get rid of it." The Numel looked to the ground in thought,

"On top of that. I might just decide to keep you in your pokeball." Baker faced Kliff again, with a face that said, 'You wouldn't...'

"So? You gonna listen to me?"

Baker nodded, still giving Kliff the evil eye. Kliff stood up as so too did the Numel, letting of a few puffs of smoke. Zigzagoon, waiting for them to stand up, darted in with a zig-zag motion. Baker waited impatiently.

"Ember!" Kliff ordered. Baker grumpily spat the several shots of fire at the Zigzagoon. The raccoon was forced to stop as the embers surrounded it, leaving it no room to move,

"Now you can turn it into a Flamethrower!" Perking up, Baker took another breath and fired a large jet of fire at Zigzagoon. This time, the attack hit its mark, enveloping Zigzagoon and pushing it back.

"Now run in and use Tackle!" Kliff shouted. Baker kicked its foot off the ground a few times before charging in, head lowered.

"Goon!!" Zigzagoon barked as Baker approached. It performed a backflip, smacking Baker in the chin with its bushy tail. Baker was airbourne for a moment,

"Flamethrower straight down!" Kliff yelled. Baker obliged, firing another impressive stream of fire directly at Zigzagoon, still surrounded by flames. The raccoon cried out as the fire scorched it.

"Use the momentum of the fall for a Tackle!" Baker began to fall head first, grinning as he built up speed. He smashed into Zigzagoon, kicking up dust on impact aswell as clearing the fire. Zigzagoon lay flat on the deck, crawling back into the grass in pain. Baker stood tall, breathing a little fire in celebration.

Kliff heard a clap. He turned and saw Lauren doing so, "Looks like you pulled it off! Good work!"

Kliff walked over to Baker, hoping that things were a little better, "Good job Baker! We're not half bad as a team huh?"

Baker grunted and faced the other way, releasing a plume of smoke from its hump straight into Kliff's face. Kliff spluttered as he waved the smoke away, then sighed as he retrieved the Numel.

"Looks like there's still some work to do..."

"Well, shall we continue?" Lauren said as she began to walk down the path, "By the way,"

"Yeah?"

"You don't really know a move deleter do you?"

"Nah..."

[OOC: I was gonna hang on with the posts for a while but since it's been really quiet here... :D]

Last edited:

slls81

Years
    @Zeph - Nice post, an interesting dynamic you are building there between Kliff and Baker, can't wait to see how that develops. :)

Congratualtions Numel (Baker) grew to Level 10

Years
    Warren sighed as he watched the small brown raccoon wander from one side of the path to the other, its nose pressed flat against the floor.

"Do you even know what you're looking for?" The Zigzagoon ignored him, looking down the path with a mixture of worry and anger on its face. Danny frowned.

"Maybe it sniffed out what it was looking for." Determined to help, Cuddles bounded forwards and poked the Zigzagoon in the side. It nodded, then began to scamper down the path at top speed. Warren and Danny sped after it, both still completely uncertain of what to expect. The trainers' feet pounded the earth, sending up small clouds of dust as they shot down the path, following the surprisingly speedy Pokémon. Suddenly, it slowed almost to a stop and leapt onto a rock jutting out of the ground and peered over the top. Warren and Danny skidded to a halt, breathing heavily.

"So? Have we found what we were looking for?" Slowly, the Zigzagoon nodded, looking down at Cuddles. It jerked its head towards the other side of the boulder. Warren sighed, then leaned forwards onto the rock, before leaping backwards in shock. Danny looked at him curiously.

"What? What is it?" Warren looked down at his bright red hands.

"That stone burned me!" The raccoon chuckled, jumping back down to the ground. Warren snarled.

"We don't have to help you, you know. What's going on here, anyway?" Cuddles, who had been peering around the rock, motioned for them all to get down and Warren, rolling his eyes, crawled forwards on his hands and knees. Pushing aside a few tufts of grass, he peered across a small clearing, where the earth was covered in odd burn marks. At the centre was a small mound of earth, apparently attached to four slow-moving legs. As the two trainers watched, it exhaled a cloud of embers which struck the rock, right next to them, causing it to glow faintly with the heat. Warren blinked, then pulled out his Pokédex, hoping it could clarify the situation.

"Numel. The Numb Pokémon. The flaming magma it stores in the hump on its back is the source of its tremendous power." Warren sighed. Flaming magma. Tremendous power. Just typical. At least Cannonball should be able to handle him fairly easily. He was just about to reach for the Pokéball when another burst open. A stream of light flew past him, forming into the shape of a small brown tree in the clearing. Warren growled as the Numel looked over, mildly annoyed at this invasion of its territory.

"Useless! You cannot fight that Numel! It will kill you! And then I'll have to carry your body, and you're really goddamn heavy! Now get back here! Useless ignored him and stepped forwards, chirping quietly. Numel snarled in response. Danny whistled.

"Looks like things are getting pretty heated. No pun intended." Warren smacked him, crawling forwards, but winced as a sharp claw pressed against his stomach. Cuddles growled softly and Warren sat back grumpily.

"Fine. Let him get murderised, then. But if he starts getting the crap kicked out him, you're the one going in to clean up the mess. Cuddles nodded amicably, then sat back against the now pleasantly warm rock. Warren looked back over to where Useless and Numel were facing off, although that description isn't too accurate. Numel was growling fiercely and small flames were flying from the hole in its back from sheer agitation. Useless just gave a slight smile and rocked back and forth, humming some imaginary music. Then, the stalemate broke. With a deep bellow, Numel began to bound forwards, head down. Warren grinned.

"It's a basic tackle. Useless should be able to deal with that." Unfortunately, the key word here is 'should'. The miniature camel crashed into the Bonsly hard and Useless rolled back, wincing. Nevertheless, he struggled back to his feet, stumbled over to the Numel and glared at it. Numel frowned. It had been expecting some kind of fight. Well, now it was going to get one. With a surprisingly loud scream, the Bonsly thrust forward and smashed into Numel's side, sending it rolling over and over. Useless began to roll too, but he shot forwards, catching the Numel under the chin and making it cry out in pain. The camel paused for a second to catch its breath and Warren gasped. The hole on its back seemed to be glowing and small flames were spurting from it. Then, with a roar, several small flames flew out of Numel's mouth, straight at the bonsai tree. Useless reacted splendidly, setting off another Rollout attack - but standing this time. The flames rebounded, flying off in every direction and Warren ducked, swearing, as one narrowly missed his head. Useless slowed to a stop, grinning despite the small burn marks on its body. Numel scowled and began to breathe in again, preparing another Ember attack. And that was when Useless took a hop, a skip and a jump and landed, head first, on the hole in Numel's back. The top prong on its head stuck fast and Numel sank to its knees, gasping and bellowing in stress. Warren frowned.

"I don't get it. What's up?" Danny cackled.

"It's brilliant. Normally, that hole lets air in and out of the magma pool on Numel's back. But now the air can't escape, so it's heating up. So it's expanding. So the pressure is getting really, really bad." Warren looked up as Numel's entire back seemed to swell -then, with a loud pop, Useless was sent flying high into the air, along with a spray of flames from Numel's blowhole. The camel collapsed to the ground, barely conscious and moaning in pain. It looked up just in time to have the flying -or rather, falling - Bonsly hit it head on with a loud crack. Numel froze, then slumped to the ground, unconscious. Useless just lay on its back, sunbathing. And the Zigzagoon scampered back up to the top of its rock, stood on its hind legs, then let out a long, high-pitched cry. It was quickly answered by another, a little way off and just minutes later, the whole pack was pouring into the clearing, eyeing up the defeated Numel which had chased them from their homes. Warren followed their gaze and gasped. Slowly, the Numel was staggering towards the leader Zigzagoon, who was now trembling in fear. With a quick burst, the Numel spat a flurry of flames at the raccoon, who recoiled in pain and fear. Then, sensing how outnumbered it was, it turned and began to charge directly up the side of Mt. Chimney. Warren grimaced, looking over at Danny. The younger trainer had knelt down by the injured Zigzagoon and was inspecting its burns. He looked up at Warren.

"I'll stay here and make sure he's okay. You chase down that Numel and teach him a lesson." Warren nodded, feeling his heart start pumping hard once more as he looked up the mountain at the fleeing camel. He felt like turning his cap backwards. If he was wearing a cap, that is. And if he was really, really uncool.

slls81

Years
    @I Laugh At Your Misfortune - Nice post. Glad to see Warren is beginning to warm up to Useless :P Unique way of of winning by Useless, but I guess they all count :)

Congratulations Bonsly (Useless) grew to Level 6 and learned Flail

Years
    Warren skidded to a halt at the bottom of the cliff, looking up at the Numel that was now hopping from ledge to ledge with surprising nimbleness. Growling, he looked down at Useless.

"Any ideas, short stuff?" Useless turned around and Warren followed its line of sight to a small building. Glinting in the sun, two taught cables were stretched between it and a pole about forty feet away. At the top of the mountain, Warren could make out another small shack. With a grin, he dashed forwards, hopping the unattended turnstile and jumping onto the next car, closely followed by the walking bonsai. Warren grinned as he saw Numel, who had been staring smugly at them, begin to jump once more with renewed urgency. Looking up at the mountain which now seemed to be growing with each passing second, Warren clenched is fists. It felt good to be back to hunting down opponents for no real reason other than to fight. Sure, he might have given Danny some reason about revenge on behalf of the raccoons. But really, when it came down to it, he felt like he just needed a good fight. It would be cathartic. At his feet, Useless stumbled, then fell over as the car jolted suddenly. Warren sighed as it scrambled back to its feet and hopped onto the windowsill to glare at Numel.

"You're going to slip and fall, y'know." Useless stuck his tongue out at him. Warren stared back. Then, rather predictably, the cable car jolted and Useless slipped. Teeth gritted, Warren dived forwards and grabbed one of the bonsai tree's legs, then swore as he was almost pulled of his feet.

"Damn it, you're heavy." Useless, however, was a bit too busy screaming its head off to pay any attention. Warren, as usual, was not in the mood to wait for it to calm down and promptly banged it against the side of the cable car. Useless promptly shut up as its trainer glared down at it.

"Okay, Useless, listen to me. I can't pull you up, because you're too fat, okay? So I'm going to try swinging you from side to side. Once you get high enough, try and hook your head over the side. Then I can get you back into the car. Useless grimaced as Warren slowly began to rock it from side to side, picking up momentum until its head was level with the side of the cable car. Warren grunted. His arms were beginning to ache.

"Any time you want, yeah?" Crying out with the effort, Useless flicked its head to the side and one of the green prongs hooked over the edge. Pulling with all his might, Warren reached an arm under the bonsai's back, then tugged it back into the car. Pokémon and trainer both collapsed onto the floor of the juddering car. For a second, Warren just lay there panting. Then, the cable car swung gently and the Bonsly rolled into his head. Wincing, Warren sat up to see a small shack looming into view. Stumbling upright, he gave Useless an affectionate kick.

"We're here. Come on, let's get moving." He hopped off the lift just in time to see Numel's hump disappearing down the other side of the mountain. Typical. Grinning from the sheer thrill, Warren dashed forwards, Useless hot on his heels, before skidding to a halt at the edge.

"Oh. Oh, crap." Just twenty feet down the slope, Numel was staring smugly up at him. But that twenty foot gap would take hours to cross. Below him, the land dropped away sharply, like the mountain had been gouged at with a giant chainsaw. Jutting out at irregular angles were huge spears of rock. One wrong move would lead to a painful if somewhat hilarious death. Warren looked down at Useless, who appeared to be quaking in his nonexistent boots. He grinned.

"Come on....what are we waiting for?"

Zeph.

Years
    Vs. Lauren I

Kliff and Lauren were nearing the bottom of the Jagged Pass now, with only a few more levels until the bottom. The amount of soot layering the area was also less, actually letting the grass and trees show off their natural green colour.

"Nearly there!" Lauren said as she stood over a ledge and looked down. She went to turn, however she stumbled slightly and lost balance. Instincively, Kliff leapt over and grabbed her arm, pulling her in.

There was a pause as a little dirt fell to the ground below, "You okay?" Kliff asked, slightly akwardly,

"Yea. Yea I'm fine." Lauren quietly replied.

"That's good..." Kliff peered over the edge again.

"Kliff,"

"Yeah?"

"You can let me go now." Kliff noticed he was still grabbing Lauren's arm, aswell as holding her opposite shoulder with his other hand.

"Right! Sorry!" Kliff hastily said as he released his grip and secretly slapped himself on the forehead.

"No worries, thanks for helping me." Lauren said with a slight laugh.

'God dammit! All you had to do was help her up Kliff, not grab her like freakin' Hercules!'

'But why did I react like that?'

"Kliff, I've got an idea!"

Kliff's train of thought was interrupted, "Hm?"

"Since we're both about to challnge the gym, why don't we get in a practice battle? 2-on-2 sound good?"

"Now we're talking!" Kliff replied, "Let's get to the bottom then!"

Once the trainers reached the bottom of the mountain, they picked out a small, empty area and redied their pokeballs.

"Ladies first."

"Thank you kindly; Tyrogue! Go!" Lauren threw her first pokeball out and released the small fighter again. It kicked and punched the air, showing that it was ready to fight.

"We'll go with Baker then!" Kliff threw his own pokeball, causing Baker to burst out from it. It still didn't regard Kliff.

"Here' take this berry, you look a little tired," Kliff said throwing the berry beside Baker. The Numel, however, turned its nose up at it and lowered its head, growling at Tyrogue.

Kliff sighed - pride was getting in the way again.

"Let's take the first move Tyrogue! Fake Out!" Like a blur, Tyrouge was off and infront of Baker. He brought both his arms round and slammed them into either side of the camel's head. Baker stumbled back, crying out in a daze as Tyrogue hopped back to his original position.

Kliff knew there was nothing he could do, as Baker was dazed both in sight and hearing,

"Follow up with Double Team!" Lauren called out. Tyrogue clapped its hands together, before multiple copies of it flew out from its body and positioned themsleves infront of Baker.

"Can your Numel make out who's the real one? He still looks dizzy from Fake Out!"

"We'll try! Spread out some Embers Baker!" Kliff commanded. Baker, still looking a little dazed, blasted a Flamethrower attack from his mouth, passing through a few fake Tyrogues.

"Dammit not again!"

Ignoring Kliff's protests, Baker guided the jet of flames to the side, hitting more copies. Lauren took the chance,

"Get in close and use Brick Break!" The remaining Tyrogues all dissapeared, leaving the real one sprinting towards Baker. The Numel didn't have enough time to redirect the flames as Tyrogue stopped beside it, brought its fist back and smashed it into the camel's side. Baker cried out as he was hurled back about ten feet before landing on the ground with a thud. He let out a deep growl at Tyrogue, and it sounded threatening enough to cause the fighting type to take a few steps back.

"Blast it Baker!" Kliff shouted, having a pretty good idea Baker would understand. The camel reared its head back and fired another Flamethrower straight for Tyrogue.

"Take it with a Bulk Up!" Tyrogue crouched and brought its arms into his chest. The muscles tensed and a red aura appeared around the small fighter.

"Rrrooouuge!!" it cried out as its muscles got pumped and ready for more action. However Tyrogue was still being his by Flamethrower, and damage was being done.

"Now use Double Team!"

With another clap of its hands, Tyrogue split into four copies of itself, and Baker closed its mouth, ceasing the jet of fire. Kliff gritted his teeth,

"Use Ember Baker!" There was an abrupt pause, and for a second Kliff thought Baker was going to listen to him. Instead, with another deep breath, Numel blasted another Flamethrower. Kliff face palmed as Lauren laughed,

"You should have just chosen a more obedient pokemon! Brick Break from above Tyrogue!" All four Tyrogues ran in for Baker. The Flamethrower hit one of the false ones, however the remaining two copies and the real Tyrogue jumped into the air whilst simultaneously retracting into the one, real body. Tyrogue brought its fist down with great force, hitting Baker square in the back. Kliff could feel a slight shudder in the ground, and Baker wailed in pain. However Tyrogue stayed on his back.

Looking closer, Kliff grinned as he noticed Tyrogue's fist was stuck inside the hole on Baker's back. The fighting type could be seen struggling and pulling, trying to free itself, and pain was showing on its face, as it was searing hot inside a Numel's back. This gave Kliff an idea,

"Baker! Use Flamethrower but keep your mouth closed!" Baker, happy to use the powerful fire move again, inhaled and then closed its mouth. The pokemon began to shake as the pressure inside it built up. A few spurts of fire could be seen escaping from his mouth, however some were escaping from the back too. Tyrogue screamed in pain as his hand was being burned.

Lauren gasped as she realised what was about to happen, "No, Tyrogue!"
    With a boom, a huge burst of fire erupted from the hole on Baker's hump. Tyrogue was thrown upwards with the force as the fire swamped the sky just above the pokemon. Both trainers shielded themselves from the light and, most of all, the heat of the blast. The orange and yellow flames roared on for a few more seconds before dying down. Baker stood there, panting, but nonetheless grinning like he'd just conquered the world. Kliff joined him in grinning,

"How do you like our new technique Lauren?" he called over, as Baker grunted and kicked up dust, boastfully. Kliff noticed that he was now eating the berry left for him. Lauren said nothing for a second,

"How did…" She was cut off as she noticed Tyrogue struggling on the ground. The blast hadn't beaten it yet, however as he struggled to his feet, a quick blast of flames enveloped him for a second. This caused it to stand up more forcefully, before a red aura surrounded it once more. Kliff noticed the eyes glow red briefly,

"Rrrooooguuee!!!" Tyrogue roared as its Guts ability kicked in. Its muscled toughened and it looked much stronger than it did even at the start of the battle.

"Uh-oh…" Kliff whispered to himself,

"Finish it off Tyrogue!" Lauren yelled, confident that this part of the battle was in the bag, "Tackle it first!"

Tyrogue pounded its legs off the ground as it sprinted in for Baker. Before the camel could take it upon itself to blast another jet of fire, Tyrogue lowered itself and shoulder barged Baker in the chest. The numel was knocked backwards onto its hind legs, about to fall back.

"Brick Break!"

Tyrogue then smashed its fist hard into Baker's gut.

"Nu!" Baker blurted as it was launched back, hitting the dirt with a thud,

"Melmel…" Baker muttered before his head slumped to the ground. Kliff sighed as he recalled his pokemon. On a positive note, they may have just come up with a killer new technique.

He looked at the Tyrogue - that was the second time he's lost to it. It recoiled in pain as fire enveloped it for a second.

"Hard luck Kliff!" Lauren called over, "But that was freakin' awesome! I wasn't expecting that!"

"Believe me, I'm just as taken-aback as you are!" Kliff replied as he pulled out his next poke ball, "Pan! You're up!" He threw the ball in front of Tyrogue, and the Sandshrew appeared, ready for battle.

"Start off with Scratch!" Pan scurried in fast, standing in front of Tyrogue and quickly swiped its claws across its chest. Tyrogue retracted in pain, falling to his knees in fatigue,

"Brick Break!" Lauren called over. Tyrogue raised its fist back,

"Defense Curl, Pan!" Kliff shouted. Pan coiled up into its protective ball before Tyrogue delivered a harsh chop straight down. Pan was pushed into the ground, causing dust and dirt to part ways as the ball cracked the earth.

"Sand-Attack!" The ball began to spin, whipping up a small dust tornado. Both pokemon briefly dissapeared, giving Pan the chance to pop back out of the ground.

"Double Team!" Lauren shouted. As the sand settled, multiple Tyrogues could be seen surrounding Pan. However Lauren had forgotten about one thing. Suddenly, one of the Tyrogues fell to its knees as it was quickly blasted by a lick of fire. Kliff cracked a smile,

"Poison Sting that one!" He commanded, pointing to the worn out fighting type. Pan bounded over, claws glowing purple. With a swift movement, he landed his attack square on Tyrogue's forehead. Both were frozen for a moment, before Pan lowered his paw, purple claws returning to normal. Tyrogue couldn't say anything as he fell backwards, defeated.

Kliff sighed in relief - now it was back to square one. Lauren recalled Tyrogue, not looking too surprised as Baker's earlier damage had weakened him too much. She tossed a second poke ball, releasing her Mawile.

"Wile!" The steel type snapped as it crunched its jaws together,

"Shrew!"

"Still feeling Lucky Kliff?"

Kliff grinned, "Sure!"

[OOC: Sorry this took so long! Next part soon :D]

slls81

Years
    @I Laugh At Your Misfortune - Great post, I really like the way you are developing the characters of Warren's pokemon. Good to see some posts after all this time.

@Zeph - Nice start to Kliff's battle with Lauren. Can't wait to see how this ends...

Congratulations Numel (Baker) grew to Level 11
    Congratulations Sandshrew (Pan) grew to Level 12

Years
    "DAMMIT!" A crowd of Spoink burst out of a nearby patch of shrubbery and bounced off down the slope as Warren's shout rang in the air like a gunshot. A few feet away, that blasted Numel was ambling slowly down the slope. But for now, Warren was more interested in freeing Useless from where it was stuck, its rotund body jammed in a small gap between two tall spires of rock. He didn't even know how it had got in there. He'd just turned his back for three seconds and when he looked back, it was wriggling and bawling madly. Pausing in his tugging for a second, Warren suddenly kicked himself. Tiredly pulling out a Pokéball, he held it up.

"Return, Useless, you moron." In a red flash, the brown tree disappeared from between the rocks and Warren turned to face the Numel once more. It was stepping nimbly from rock to rock at a pace Warren knew he could never match. Not that that would stop him. With a grunt of concentration, Warren lunged forwards, leaning over a crevice about six feet deep and grabbing onto a dead sapling on the other side, tugging himself up with gritted teeth. The Numel sighed, then spat a flurry of flames at the desiccated tree, which promptly burnt to cinders. Warren swore, clutching his burnt hand against his chest as he glared at the Numel once more. That did it. Just because he was hunting it down and attempting to attack for some vaguely ridiculous reason, that did not give it the right to fight back. Now it was personal. So, taking in a deep breath, Warren stood up straight, thrust an arm out at the Numel and declared as loudly as he could:

"Yo momma's so fat, her bellybutton has an echo!" Numel paused, tilting its head to one side. Probably because it didn't understand what a bellybutton was. Warren paused. Fine.

"Yo momma's so fat, I had to ride Cycling Road just to get on her good side!" Numel yawned, then spat a lazy flame at Warren, who ducked low to the ground, grinning stupidly. Well, he'd got a response. The only thing to do was keep going.

"Yo momma's so fat, she can't even jump to a conclusion!" Angry now, Numel turned around properly and began to hop back up towards Warren, flames dripping from its mouth and spurting from the hole in its back. One more should do it.

"Yo momma's so ugly, she tried to enter an ugly contest but the judge said 'Sorry, no professionals'!" Blinded by the sheer ridiculousness of this insult, Numel roared, letting loose a barrage of small flames. Warren threw himself backwards, right down the crevice, knees bending and ankles twisting as his feet struggled to stay upright. Seconds later, Numel skidded to a halt at the top of the ridge, trying to turn around. But the heavy tan of molten magma caused it to overbalance and, with a loud cry, the Pokémon rolled down the slope to land at the bottom of the crack, facing Warren. He grinned. Now, it was trapped, with nowhere to go. Time for the real fight.

"Useless! Once more with feeling!" The hurled Pokéball burst open and the small brown tree appeared once more. It looked back at Warren, sighing.

"Shut up. Just thrash him once more and I promise it'll be the last time." The Bonsly sighed, fully aware that it was a choice between fighting or listening to Warren moan and complain for the next billion years. And that was no exaggeration.

Sorry it's short and kinda rubbish. Been working the last day and a bit on something for the get together.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    Early the next morning, Sam awoke. This cast of his…it was getting annoying. He was still right handed…and the cast was still a problem. Getting in his normal attire and grabbing his backpack, he was out of the door. In the main lobby of the pokecenter, he encountered the ever annoying officers he'd met the days before.

"Ah! Sam!" They noticed him immediately upon his stepping off the stairs.

"What is it that you two want today?" he sighed. They walked forward, grinning.

"Well, you know how Team Magma has 'magma' in their name?!" Sam nodded. "Well, we figure with 'magma' in their name, there might be some connection to Mt. Chimney in the north, around the Jagged Path area. You might check it out." Sam sighed.

"If you haven't got anything proving they're up there, I see no point in…"

"Did we mention that there's also a gym up there? A skilled trainer like you might find it worth your time to go fight it. And who knows, maybe you will find something up there!" Sam sighed.

"Sure, why not. Thanks, I guess…"

He grabbed his team from the still sleepy looking nurse and was off. Pulling out his map, he noted that the Jagged Path was northeast of his present location. So to get there…he had to take a northern route by taking Route 111 north and then after that, Route 112 west. Well, no point in wasting time. He'd need to get moving immediately.

Roughly an hour later, Sam had finally reached a resting spot on the path. Sitting down for a bit of a rest, Sam quickly fell asleep. Sometime later, he woke up to a loud squawking sound. Looking around for the source, he found it quickly enough; a Wingull had pulled his pack off and was now trying to get whatever was still in it. Sam sighed, he didn't feel like handling this, but he wasn't getting his pack back any other way. Besides, maybe this thing would prove a little more useful than the fish he'd caught a while back.

"Hmm…well, seeing as I've got some time to kill, Feebas, let's go!" Sam threw out the pokeball to reveal the large fish. It looked around, splashing, as though trying to figure out where it was. It looked at Sam and gained an air of annoyance; it obviously didn't feel like fighting for Sam.

"Fee…" it croaked out. It splashed over towards a pond when it was sent flying backwards. Sam looked around to see that the Wingull had chosen a new target for food…Feebas.

"Well, this is excellent…" Sam said when it suddenly occurred to him that this might be the motivation he needed to get the first to fight for him again. The bird flew down at Feebas for another shot at getting its lunch, but Sam was ready this time. "Alright, use Splash and hit it!" Feebas bounced up at the sky-diving bird, hitting it square in the chest. Feebas landed, continuing to splash about while Wingull crashed into the ground with a thud. Sam grinned, this fish wasn't half bad.

"Wing…gull!" The bird got up and flapped its wings, taking to the skies once more. Sam growled; he should've known that it wouldn't go down without a bit of a fight.

"Well then, Feebas, use Secret Power!" Feebas, from the rocky area next to the pond that Sam had settled on, used its energy to lift a couple rocks. Like shells from a machine gun, then shot rapidly at the bird. It flew quickly out of the way before flying in at a high speed, a white streak following it closely. Before Sam could realize that it was using Quick Attack, the bird had struck, sending Feebas flying. The fish skidded back onto the grassier area, further from the river than it had been before. Sam growled; it wouldn't be easy to fight it like this, what with it having every advantage there was. He had to think of something…

"Wingull!" the bird flew up, then shot down. As it passed Feebas, a stream of water shot from its beak. Feebas was hit in the eye by the attack, causing it to flail about. Sam sighed. Water Gun…how could the fish swim underwater, yet have problems with just a little water in its eye? Oh well, now wasn't the time to worry about that.

"Alright, try using your Splash attack or something!" Sam yelled. The fish splashed about, nothing in particular happening. Sam sighed; it was completely incompetent, why had he caught it anyway?

"Wingull!" the bird swooped down, making one swift move. Feebas was sent flying…but Sam couldn't believe his luck. Feebas had landed in the small pond!

"Yes, finally! Now I can really kick this up! Secret Power!" Feebas understood. Now that it was in the water, the move would be a bit more useful.

Two huge jets of water shot out at the bird, hitting it square twice. The bird squawked in pain, but recovered quickly enough. It started flapping again and flew down at the water. It dove down into the cool liquid, then popped out with no noticeable difference other than it being slightly more wet than before. Sam sighed; he had finally found something weaker than his Feebas.

"Win…gull gull gull!" A loud series of sound waves echoed from Wingull. Sam grinned, thinking Feebas would be safe from the attack, Supersonic, while it was underwater. In complete disproving motion, Feebas leapt out of the water, shaking wildly and splashing on the shore.

"What on earth…?" Sam pulled out his pokedex in hopes that the metal box would prove useful in this situation. He typed in Supersonic. A long list of Pokémon came up. Sam sighed. "Supersonic and water." He stated, hoping it would understand what he meant.

"Supersonic's effect as a sound wave travels more quickly and at greater strength through water." Sam scowled; that could be a bit of a problem. Feebas was still flailing about on the shore. Wingull flew up, then straight down at the fish.

"Dammit Feebas, do something! Secret Power!" Sam blurted out without thinking it through. Feebas got the water moving at Wingull. Sam couldn't believe his luck, it was working! Feebas had really turned around and hit it…! Sam was so happy that he didn't notice that the water had turned around and found a new target; Feebas. Sam looked down just in time to see that Feebas be crushed by the water. Wingull flew down and smashed Feebas with its wing. The fish flew into the water, floating on top.

"Fee…bas…" the fish croaked. Sam growled; Feebas was going to lose if it didn't get up immediately, the bird was going to win.

"Come on come on come on come on…" he muttered as the bird flew up for one final pass. Coming straight down, Sam watched Feebas make one last desperate move. It moved its tailfin to push itself forward. Sam didn't quite get it, but Wingull seemed to. It tried to veer off course but it was too late. It crashed beak-first into the water. Sam heard a quiet crack which he assumed was the bird hitting bottom. It floated back up, defeated. Sam sighed.

"Not bad, Feebas. It wasn't easy for you at all, but by some miracle, you won. Good work, I guess…" Sam pulled out a pokeball and returned the fish. Maybe it was a worthwhile Pokémon yet…

OOC: Are you happy now? It's up...fine, I'll get to work now. Don't appreciate me by somehow replying while I'm writing in this box :P

slls81

Years
    @I Laugh At Your Misfortune - Nice to see Warren pulling out the 'Yo mumma' jokes.... classic!

@Sasuneuchiha - You're back! You're back! OMG you're actually back! xD

So yeah.... nice post.

Congratulations Feebas grew to Level 11

Oh, and if anyone is interested in joining, spots are available :)

Back