• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Best Wishes 2!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • This looks so epic!!!! Hikari returns as a main?! I mean unlike past returns she is in the poster art while the other girls were not. So maybe she is a main again. Could this mean a Pippy/Osha adventure? OMG YES! I want Bel in her new outfit in the anime too. Imagine Brock returning for a few eps. Maybe even Misty. GAHH?! Can't...Contain....My.....Excitement!

I doubt Dawn will be back as a main character. She'll just be around like Misty was in Advanced Gen or May was last gen. She'll be around for a few episodes and then she'll be on her way. From the looks of that image, there's a contest hall at the bottom of the page, she'll probably be entering there. We'll probably be introduced to Cynthia there too. Unless they stick to the games and bring her in at Undella.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Can't say I'm a huge fan of Dawn, but she deserves the appearance. The other traveling girls had their cameos already, so this isn't a surprise. I'm glad to see Cynthia there, though, since I'm a huge fan of hers. I wonder how Iris would respond to Cynthia's Garchomp...

Years
  • No, I'm not a big Dawn fan either, but at least this proves to some people that the writers certainly can and would bring back old characters if they wanted to. The biggest thing I'm getting out of this is that they've hopefully learned they need to stop trying so hard to focus on kids that watch the show and realize Pokemon thrives off of fans from all generations. I'm very much hoping they will get Misty and Brock back by gen 6.

Years
  • While I don't really care for the anime anymore, I'm hoping they use the Gym Leader/Champions tournament thing from the games in the anime, too. Maybe we could see Pidgeot some of Ash's old Pokemon return, and maybe FINALLY a battle between Ash and Giovanni.

....eh. I can dream. Although if they DID do that, I'd certainly watch it.

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • Has antone elso noticed that Ash's pokemon have evolved? He has an Emboar and a Serperior, these are clearly his as his Pignite and Snivy are nowhere to be seen on the cover!

Perriechu

Years
  • Has antone elso noticed that Ash's pokemon have evolved? He has an Emboar and a Serperior, these are clearly his as his Pignite and Snivy are nowhere to be seen on the cover!

I don't think those are his. Since Samurott is also there, but so is Oshawott. I think they are just there for being the final starters, and maybe it's foreshadowing his own Pokemon evolving.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • No their joking... Game Freak doesn't produce the Anime so I don't know why they are the ones you are blaming. Why be redundant maybe cause redundancy is what Pokemon Anime has done over the last 14 years, kind of old news by now. If you watch any prior seasons the characters usually at the very least make a cameo with Ash is traveling group so I don't see why you are so surprised.

Too the actually topic at hand. I am actually ecstatic about this, now we have what looks to be like the Champions League. And Ash starters may all end up fully evolved. Hoping he gets the Riolu shown as well, but that is doubtful, since Cynthia is there as well.

I have to point this out because it's the best piece of speculation I've heard so far. This is likely if Ash beats Homika.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I'm gonna be excited for this new series, old Pokemon are now appearing in Unova and Dawn is returning?

Maybe she might join Ash, Iris and Cilan. Now, that would be an awesome group cos it might be the first time Ash has 2 girls travelling with him. Ever since Best Wishes began I was speculating that Dawn might return and it looks like I've got my wish. Maybe she might have new Pokemon too.

It also looks like Dawn's Piplup is returning too. This is one series I will definitely want to watch.

I agree with you. I'd like to see her join Ash's group, but even if that doesn't happen, it's nice to see Dawn return. Until now she has been the only traveling companion Ash has had who hasn't made a reappearance at least once.

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
  • It's good to see that another of Ash's friends isn't forgotten. I'm all for acknowledgement for as many past characters as possible. But no new clothes for Dawn? Aww, why not? She does love clothes, after all. They're no stranger to making up outfits. I swear, I'm totally not obessed with everyone's wardrobe in this show. Outfit changes are like the most exciting thing to me.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I don't think they would reveal her new outfit just yet, but they did reveal Cynthia's. I don't know but she definitely should me in something new.

Perriechu

Years
  • NO! WHY CAN'T MAY RETURN???

Because May already returned in Sinnoh. If you haven't noticed they have the female companion return in the generation after there's.

(Misty was 1st/2nd and returned in 3rd. May was 3rd and returned in 4th. Dawn was 4th and is returning in the 5th)

ReleaseYourPokemon

Pokemon Liberater
    Years

• Because May already returned in Sinnoh. If you haven't noticed they have the female companion return in the generation after there's.

(Misty was 1st/2nd and returned in 3rd. May was 3rd and returned in 4th. Dawn was 4th and is returning in the 5th)
    Yeah, but why can't she permantley return?

Years
  • Yeah, but why can't she permantley return?
    Because the 3rd Generation is over and it's time to advertise BW(2). Remember that the Pokemon anime is essentially a series of 30 minute commercials.

If RS remakes are in the works, May might just return for some sort of special story arc. However, a permanent comeback is pretty much out of the question.

I hope that we see some of Ash's older Pokemon. I can't help but wonder if they're going to incorporate that "World Tournament" thingy as well.

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Yeah, but why can't she permantley return?
    Because as Kirbychu said 3rd Generation has already pasted, she had her time to shiny now its new companions turn. If she was on the cast again permanently then it would take away from the development of the other companions already their.

If anything she could be back to promote RS remakes. Or Dawn since Dawn supposedly went to Hoenn to do Contests.

World Tournament is quite intriguing I am looking forward to seeing how that works out and who will be there. Hoping the likes of Paul, Richie, Harrison, Tyson, Morrison, etc will be their.

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
    Years
  • If its a world tourney I don't see why May could not return. Contest battling and league battling may be different but there still batting. It would be interesting to see how league battlers could handle contest battlers and vice versa.

Perriechu

Years
  • If its a world tourney I don't see why May could not return. Contest battling and league battling may be different but there still batting. It would be interesting to see how league battlers could handle contest battlers and vice versa.

No one's saying May couldn't return. She could very well comeback. I just don't see it being likely. May isn't the brute strength battling type that Ash & Co. are used to. She the coordinator who prefers her battling style to be angelic and graceful. Dawn's the same, however. The point is we don't know who is returning. We don't even know if the WT will be in the anime, I hope it is. And I want May to return too, but for now there's nothing pointing towards it.

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
    Years
  • If the WT is used tbh I'd like past people that were shown to be strong besides the main rivals like Paul,Barry and maybe Gary. As much as a longshot as it is I'd love to Ritchie,AJ and maybe even Gisslle from back in the day. I just don't want re match ups but have Ash battle people he never battled. So things like Ash vs Barry Gary vs Paul for example. Guess we need to wait till a preview of the new arc is shown. Maybe before June since they tend to show previews a month or so before.

Cid

Years
  • I personally love this piece of news.

May could get a return because if they integrate the Champions League that the games seem to be brewing up, Misty and Brock could be back. I'm basing that from the original traveling partners' possible in-game appearances in that one page of this same CoroCoro issue.
    Spoiler:

Now if they reappear then it wouldn't be fair if May, and even Max, don't. Although I'm probably seeing this as a long shot at nothing. There is a slim chance for the series to acknowledge the old traveling partners bar Dawn, after all. Although I love Bel's idea. I'm almost certain Gary will reappear, since we're seeing a return for the old Pokémon. And he's in that CoroCoro page, too.

Back