• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Better AI system

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
Years
  • Yeah and it only happen in 3v1 battle so like I said it's not because of Dynamax (since they use 3v1 for raid battle)

I fixed that right now. ill release a new script but the will o' wisp thing is strange... it might be because of the random element of the final move choice (if no good moves are present)

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    What h appened? It seems to be this script in particular that causes the error.
    unknown.png

I checked and removing the script fixes the error.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2022
    Getting a syntax error on line 722 with the new script. I believe that is due to line 475, when commented out the script works for me.

For Will O' Wisp, its a Trainer with Skill 200 a Drought Torkoal that had has Solar Beam, Will O Wisp, Fireblast and Earthquake against a Charizard. Shouldn't it theoretically default to the Sunny Day boosted Fire Blast? Basically it has a moves that are power of 30 (Solar Beam Quad Resisted), Does Nothing, 135 (Fire Blast STAB+Sunny Day/2), and does nothing against said Charizard.

Last edited:

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • Is it because I'm using the official Gen8 project on Maruno's github? Do you have a fix for it?

Maybe...
    Replace line 117 with
    Code:
    if pbGetOwnerFromBattlerIndex(idxBattler).skill
          skill = @battle.pbGetOwnerFromBattlerIndex(idxBattler).skill
        end

5QU3L3T0N

The random hobo we found in the street
    Years
  • For me, the script works perfectly in trainer battles, but in wild battles there is an error message every turn and the wild pokemon doesn't use any move

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
  • So... I have this error on my game and I think it might be because of Project Gen 8 cause when I tested it with it, it seems to have that problem with wild pokemon.
    2021-04-07 (1).png

Back