• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Big island in the center of hoenn?

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    One thing i wallways wonder about is that huge island that looks like a triangle at the bay south east of mauvile on the main map.

I just feel that its a large space that could be used for something.

If they re created emerald they could make a waterway route to acces it from either the rapid water route east of slateport.

oooor a water route from route 118 (east of mauville) leading south to it.

If a land / bridge route were to be made you can easily make a route leading south from aproximatly the berry masters house with a bridge to one smaller island off the east coast of the main island then have a connecting bridge to it as well. (thus making more use to what i find being a useless route)

===========================

now, as to what you can find on the island? well beats me.

new pokemon?
    new berries?
    new items?
    new move tutors?new storyline plot adventures?

Its not up to me to decide unfortunatly =/

==========================
    other unused islands:

"u" shaped island south of the abandoned ship near dewford.

long snake island south of pacifidlog town and somewhat above it too.

Other spots on ever grande island, that iland has much more space than whats used.

also dewford has a small island across the water from where mr briney frops you off, you could allways fit another house or something over there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Spoiler:

Wait which island are you talking about?

Electirizer

Event Tycoon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    That probably be birth Island
    but then they would have to put navel rock with it also

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, that is also a map making it more realistic, rather than all square and aligned like it is in the games :D

He's on about that huge wedge-shaped island to the right of Cycling Road/Route (forgot the number).

I just sort of, accepted the islands as being abandoned - I'm sure there are at least a hundred abandoned tropical islands in this world :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Isn't that where the enterance to "New Mauville" is?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    No. Look closely at the map. Towards the top of the cycling road, on the right of it. You can see a cave entrance. That's New Mauville. What we're looking at is an unused island.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Then it's just an uninhabited island. Nothing that special. There are thousands of uninhabited islands around the world. If not more. You can tour a bunch if you go to the North/South Carolina border (at the coast.) Don't get uninhabited confused with unclaimed. There is no unclaimed land on the planet. Even Antarctica is a free-island owned my several nations.

The point is, there is nothing strange about an uninhabited island, that's what that island is.

Back