• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The lack of cute Gym Leaders.:(
    No hot girls, hot hunks. :(

I know that the first initial paired versions of new generations are usually lacking of post-game activity.
    But BW was not this boring, at least we have Nimbasa Stadium, higher level of E4 rematch, as well as Musical and a few post-game locations. :(

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The framerate lags and the occasional issue with the roller skates have been my biggest issues with this gen so far. I though the relative dearth of new Pokemon would bother me more, but I like a lot of the new gritters this gen, so it hasn't even been that hard to put together a team of just newbies (as well as Mega Charizard X, of course)! :D

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    No battle frontier... Again. Oh vell, here's hoping Z will have it.

And how exp share is implemented - I love it, use it a lot, but it's op this gen. It needs to have diminished gains for each additional Pokemon to balance it out. (First pokemon would get full XP, 2nd would get half, 3rd a quarter, 4th a eighth, 5th a 1/16, and 6th 1/32)

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2014
    The biggest disappointment I've encountered is the lack of a battle frontier. Sure they have the battle Masion, but that's only one of the many entertaining game modes that they could have and should have put in.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    No battle frontier... Again. Oh vell, here's hoping Z will have it.

And how exp share is implemented - I love it, use it a lot, but it's op this gen. It needs to have diminished gains for each additional Pokemon to balance it out. (First pokemon would get full XP, 2nd would get half, 3rd a quarter, 4th a eighth, 5th a 1/16, and 6th 1/32)
    I agree...it is OP...it's easy to get a weak team of 20 to level 50...in a day...I actually did that...didn't even try to grind...

I was disappointed by how easy the gym leaders were...only the first two gave me a challenge...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Jhoto region still has the best gym leaders.
    But...Johto had the WORST gym leaders. I'd rather easy gym leaders than absolutely BS ones that could be the easiest gym leader if you have the exact right Pokemon. Terrible design.

Also, using the "I only used one Pokemon!" argument will get you nowhere. I beat Ruby and White whole with just Whismur and Basculin, respectively. Easiest Pokemon games ever...oh wait.
    is....FRAMERATE. The 3D battles are slow and choppy as well as the horde battles. Not sure if this is more of a 3DS hardware issue than it is a game issue.
    Yeah I agree here. The more I play, the more I notice how bad the frame rate is. It drops a lot after you use fly, in horde, in weather, in certain idle animations, in 3D, in battle animations...it's awful.

It's definitely not a 3DS technical issue. Kid Icarus Uprising and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D are actually larger games (this is a fact, I'm not making it up) and they run at 30fps with no drops whatsoever. And yes, they both got more things going on in the screen than Pokemon, particularly Kid Icarus.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    But...Johto had the WORST gym leaders. I'd rather easy gym leaders than absolutely BS ones that could be the easiest gym leader if you have the exact right Pokemon. Terrible design.

Yeah I agree here. The more I play, the more I notice how bad the frame rate is. It drops a lot after you use fly, in horde, in weather, in certain idle animations, in 3D, in battle animations...it's awful.

It's definitely not a 3DS technical issue. Kid Icarus Uprising and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D are actually larger games (this is a fact, I'm not making it up) and they run at 30fps with no drops whatsoever. And yes, they both got more things going on in the screen than Pokemon, particularly Kid Icarus.

I tend to notice them a lot more too...more so than when I first got it. I see the fly drop isn't a limited experience...the worst though is when it lags in battle...

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    I would have to say the finale of the team flare plot. Xerneas was way too easy to catch, i understand trying to make it easier than it was in the old days, but they took it a little too far. It only took me one ultra ball to do it, and I have seen videos of other people doing it with regular pokeballs (if not a single pokeball, than certainly less than 5). That and the fact that the final battle with Lysandre wasn't particularly chalenging resulting in a finale to the "evil team" plot that felt anticlimactic.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Not being able to find Jigglypuff in the wild; and the fact that Wigglytuff is both normal and fairy. I wanted Wiggly to be my main fairy-type Pokémon... T _ T

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    That and the fact that the final battle with Lysandre wasn't particularly chalenging resulting in a finale to the "evil team" plot that felt anticlimactic.
    I disagree. Just because it's easy doesn't make it anticlimactic. Cyrus being easy didn't stop fighting Giratina a great experience.

In fact, I really liked the fight vs Yveltal/Xerneas and Lysandre, mainly due to the premise of it, the build up and mostly the music. I think what I really liked about fighting Lysandre was seeing Mega Gyarados, it was tense.
    Not being able to find Jigglypuff in the wild; and the fact that Wigglytuff is both normal and fairy. I wanted Wiggly to be my main fairy-type Pokémon... T _ T
    You can find Jigglypuff in the wild.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I disagree. Just because it's easy doesn't make it anticlimactic. Cyrus being easy didn't stop fighting Giratina a great experience.

In fact, I really liked the fight vs Yveltal/Xerneas and Lysandre, mainly due to the premise of it, the build up and mostly the music. I think what I really liked about fighting Lysandre was seeing Mega Gyarados, it was tense.

I can?! : o
    On Bulbapedia it said I have to trade for it...

Where can I find it? <3

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014

Fair enough, I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't share my opinion. The odd thing is, I realized that despite the fact the elite 4 and champion were also quite easy, I wasn't quite as disappointed with them because......I honestly have no idea. Guess its a little bit hypocritical of me, eh? XD

Back