• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Birb Mafia [Endgame!]

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
  • Has bardothren posted? Lurking on other games, he seemed to be awfully quiet right now?
    I don't think he has. You'd think he would have posted by now given all this commotion. Seems kinda weird to me since he usually always posts this early regardless of alignment. ~_~

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Because a) what the heck is a chainsaw defense? and b) it wasn't really phrased as a question so I didn't feel the need to answer it.
    Chainsaw defense is basically like a player defending another player by attacking the other player's attacker (think of the way I defended Gunner on D1 in NPM, as an example). Usually it's a scummy trait, like scum defending teammates in attempt to make the attacker look bad. It's not to say that it never comes from town, but usually it's less likely.

In this case I was thinking your defense of cicada looked chainsaw-ish (but not like extreme or anything), but then I decided it probably wasn't the case
    Spoiler:
    I see what you're saying now, fair enough haha. On the note of a wagon not forming though, for the moment I don't think cicada is scum, but the fact that a wagon didn't happen might be telling later (or that people are just lazy, but at the time I voted I know there were like 5 others viewing the thread so idk)
    I just voted for Aaron so my vote gets balanced out should no one else vote. I'll back down if Aaron decides to or if I'm given a good reason.
    I think this isn't really a good reason, do you find Aaron scummy?

Also, this is my personal opinion but... I know people like to go around thinking "there's nothing to go on" for Day 1, but it's my opinion that people should always be voting someone they think is scummy (someone they think is likely mafia) regardless of how solid their reasoning might be, even if it's just a gut feeling, because I think it makes it easier to get a read on someone when they do this. (Not directed specifically at Radiating, just the game in general)

Superjolt

Years
  • Ehhhh, I'm probably not gonna be on again today, so I'm gonna vote now.

Lynch Superjolt

Nothing personal, you currently have the most votes (this could change if other people actually start voting).
    This reads as scummy, and not just because it's a vote for me :/

"You have the most votes so I'll vote you" is terrible reasoning
    Sorry, my wording was off there. I wasn't trying to say she was acting in the sense that an actor would in a play. She's behaving like how I would expect someone new to behave, and isn't really acting scummy much at all; just commenting on things. She seems pretty honest to me so far.
    I agree with this. Thoughts on Home and SirDolan?
    Honestly at this point I'd rather random lynch an experienced player that hasn't said much today. Especially since the day is about to end. :/ and idk I don't feel comfortable lynching a new player who might not know what to say (yet)? Not on day one anyways.
    I see what you're saying, but just based on what I've seen posted so far, I'm thinking scum is in the inactive players (both the new players AND experienced players)
    I don't think he has. You'd think he would have posted by now given all this commotion. Seems kinda weird to me since he usually always posts this early regardless of alignment.
    19.%20confused.gif
    I'm thinking Bard probably got silenced, I've seen him viewing the thread but he's the only one who hasn't posted so I think that makes sense
    i mean what is there to say? i personally would just abstain from voting if that was an option, but there really isn't enough information at this time for me to specifically try and read someone.
    What do you think about what people have posted so far? The new players shouldn't be afraid to dive in! Ask some questions, especially if you don't understand something, you never know where a little questioning might lead you!

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Well. looking at the player list, I think Bard is the only one who hasn't posted so I think him being silenced is very possible.

There are other players though whose activity seems fishy. For instance, HyperMorian had two posts, both chirping. Sparkin and SirDolan had random votes too and no other posts (votes for Salzorrah and SuperJolt respectively.) I think I'm going to [LYNCH] Sparkin. Gut tells me something is there.

EDIT: also, you told me guys to trust my gut instinct so here it goes.

Last edited:

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • ok so I've got to vote now because there's no way I'm getting up for EoD.

could vote Radiating for holding his position on the OMGUS vote and not really giving any opinions on Aaron or any of the other players

could vote tokyodrift for also not really giving any opinions on any of the other players, maybe also for sticking with the Superjolt vote after he's backed down from his position on purplecicada (idk if she just forgot to unvote that orr...)

might even vote Dolan for the Superjolt vote after he unvoted purplecicada, idk if it's a case of wrong time wrong place, but it does kinda look like she's trying to hammer the nails into Superjolt's coffin with that one

could go for some random who hasn't said much apart from chirping but nah, that's just lazy when there's so much other stuff to go on

I think I'll settle on [Vote] SirDolan.

oops where did the time go, it's 5am again
    I need to stop doing this :x

jombii

Years
  • All right, I think I may have to bandwagon NK with the SirDolan vote since he is also in my list of scummy people (along with Sparkin as I mentioned in my previous post.) I just need to know what other people think of SirDolan.

mew_nani

Years
  • I agree with this. Thoughts on Home and SirDolan?
    Home doesn't seem to be any more experienced than purplecicada behavior-wise, but I do have to give him credit for trying to learn and think critically and scumhunt while being as green as he is. I'm still leaning neutral towards him, but overall he's just coming across to me as a new player who's taken a pretty active role. Nice job there Home.

Dolan on the other hand... she made a couple relevant posts, then kind of... decided to sheep. I get having to make an early vote because you won't be able to come back off the seat of your pants, but.... she just kinda made her vote based on how many votes there was on a single person. That's not a very good reason to vote for someone. Even a random "oh hey I can't post later so I'm gonna just roll a die and vote for so-and-such" vote is better than just piling on a bandwagon because someone else has a lot of votes. It comes off as kind of lazy and/or scummy and I can't say that's a good thing. The few posts she did make made her come off as green kind of like cicada and Home while at the same time being sort of laid back, which isn't really bad on its own but... lordy. If she is mafia she's being kind of obvious, and if she's villager she's... not doing so hot. I hope she can come back before the day ends and explain herself, but so far it's not looking good.

Now, since I'm going to bed in a couple hours I'm gonna go ahead and make my vote. Dolan's currently one of the more suspicious people here so I'll vote for her, but if something comes up that's more scummy I'll change my vote over if I see it before I go to sleep.

[Vote] SirDolan

Superjolt

Years
  • Wish there was more time to discuss tbh...

I think I'm still in the lead with votes, so I'll post these reads in case I get lynched:

Biggest town reads: NightKrow, Aaron/Noraxia
    Smaller town reads: Home, Ash
    Light town lean: purplecicada

As for scum reads,

I could vote HyperMorian, I know I've only been in one other game with him so far, but really would have expected something more from him by now

I think I'm kind of coming around to a vote on Radiating, his recent responses are rather underwhelming even if he's town

Could vote Fletch (kind of expected him to at least be a little more vocal? after NPM, at least), could maybe vote tokyodrift (she needs pressure Day 2), and after seeing what Home said, I could maybe vote Sparkin, if only because he doesn't seem interested in doing much other than randvoting Gunner...

I think SirDolan is my top choice though, even if that vote wasn't on me, I'd probably still vote her for that reasoning because it really just looks like a hop on a wagon and hoping it goes through. Plus I don't see how town would think "oh you have the most votes, I will vote you then"

[Vote] SirDolan

EDIT: Oh, didn't see the last couple of posts. These votes will probably be interesting to look at later, I think I'm tied with Dolan now? On another note, nani hasn't been a town read per se, but I like that last post from her

@nani - thoughts on Ash?

Last edited:

jombii

Years
  • Thanks nani. I've actually played mafia before but that was in chatrooms and card games lol. It's my first time to play on a forum-type.

Also, [UNVOTE] Sparkin and [VOTE] SirDolan.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • End of day Vote count:

SirDolan: 4 | mew_nani, Nightkrow, Home, Superjolt
    Superjolt: 3 | SirDolan, purplecicada, tokyodrift
    Salzorrah: 1 | Sparkin
    Noraxia: 1 | Radiating
    Radiating: 1 | Noraxia

Phase post will be up shortly. You may send in NAs now.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years

• Beginner's Birb Mafia- Night 1!

Starting out slowly, the day was largely uneventful. A couple of the birbs threw accusations at each-other, though the rest just sat in the branches of a tree chirping. Eventually a cry was called to bring one birb to his death, and several birbs started ganging up on the poor superjolt.

Eventually, a voice screamed from across the tree. "IT WAS DOLAN!" Appreciative murmurs started to emanate from a select few, some backing away from Superjolt. A large portion on the birbs however, just spent their time chirping a song into the breeze.

SirDolan has been lynched! He was Torchic

24 hours to submit any Night Actions!

Rules!

* Follow all Pok?community wide rules.

* When you vote, format it as some variation of [LYNCH]Player Things like KILL or VOTE are acceptable too.

* Going 2 days without voting may result in you being removed for inactivity.

* Keep discussion within the thread, or the discord servers for this game.

* Upon death, you are allowed one death post. You may not reveal any game related information here.

* Send your night actions to me on Discord (Babby#1521).

* You may NOT abstain. Changing votes is fine though!

*In the event of a tie, the player lynched will be RNG'd.

Players

Abby as Your Host!

Radiating
    HyperMorian
    SirDolan as Tochic Lynched D1​
    Sparkin
    Bardothren
    Ash
    NightKrow
    mew_nani
    Home
    Uzumaki Naruto
    purplecicada
    Aaron
    tokyodrift
    Spicy Birb
    Salzorrah
    Nakuzami Killed N0​
    Superjolt

Count me in!

Is this another Pok?mon Mafia?

Okay, in.

eeeeeeeeeeeeee count me in! :D

Cool! Count me in :DDD

If you need people, count me in. I promise to be nice to all the newcomers.

I'm here if you need people! We can just say I'm rusty it's been a while :')

OMG gib me hat birb!

it says beginner's but I suck at mafia anyways soooo :/

Hey can I be grandma birb?

iu

quick disclaimer I kinda copied this off the internet

in if possible. I don't have discord access though. SO can I send NA on PM? lol

If you need any more, count me in then :D

Copy that for me please!

Ok in. Always said I'd join one.

Plz be nice, first mafia game in yearssss.

No offence but this is not Birb mafia without Spicy Birb. I'm in

[QUOE=Nakuzami;96391]joining just to make sure leaf birb is in this shit[/QUOTE]

I'll join too!

I'd probably replace the mafia silencer with something else though, town has quite a bit of power here

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years

• Beginner's Birb Mafia- Day 2!

Once again, the group of four took the blanket of darkness as an opportunity to strike. Discussing who to fell next in a separate tree, other birbs were waking, keeping tabs on others. Eventually, furtive as the gentle breeze, one flew, striking a poor seagull, though leaving the corpse in clear view.

Just before dawn, The night birb, returning from its watch found the body, emitting a squeal so loud, all the birbs awoke prematurely.

HyperMorian has been Killed! He was the Sea Birb

48 hours to submit your Votes!

Rules!

* Follow all Pok?community wide rules.

* When you vote, format it as some variation of [LYNCH]Player Things like KILL or VOTE are acceptable too.

* Going 2 days without voting may result in you being removed for inactivity.

* Keep discussion within the thread, or the discord servers for this game.

* Upon death, you are allowed one death post. You may not reveal any game related information here.

* Send your night actions to me on Discord (Babby#1521).

* You may NOT abstain. Changing votes is fine though!

*In the event of a tie, the player lynched will be RNG'd.

Players

Abby as Your Host!

Radiating
    HyperMorian as The Sea birb Killed N1
    SirDolan as The Hot birb Lynched D1​
    Sparkin
    Bardothren
    Ash
    NightKrow
    mew_nani
    Home
    Uzumaki Naruto
    purplecicada
    Aaron
    tokyodrift
    Spicy Birb
    Salzorrah
    Nakuzami Killed N0​
    Superjolt

Count me in!

Is this another Pok?mon Mafia?

Okay, in.

eeeeeeeeeeeeee count me in! :D

Cool! Count me in :DDD

If you need people, count me in. I promise to be nice to all the newcomers.

I'm here if you need people! We can just say I'm rusty it's been a while :')

OMG gib me hat birb!

it says beginner's but I suck at mafia anyways soooo :/

Hey can I be grandma birb?

iu

quick disclaimer I kinda copied this off the internet

in if possible. I don't have discord access though. SO can I send NA on PM? lol

If you need any more, count me in then :D

Copy that for me please!

Ok in. Always said I'd join one.

Plz be nice, first mafia game in yearssss.

No offence but this is not Birb mafia without Spicy Birb. I'm in

[QUOE=Nakuzami;96391]joining just to make sure leaf birb is in this shit[/QUOTE]

I'll join too!

I'd probably replace the mafia silencer with something else though, town has quite a bit of power here

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm guessing sea birb since it mentioned seagull.

Also im mad i fell asleep and didnt vote smh at self.

mew_nani

Years
  • First off... is Wet Birb supposed to be Sea Birb or Cold Birb? I can't find it on the list.

Second, yes, I was silenced yesterday, as Home suspected. I didn't get the memo until after I made a post after the phase started, which is why Johnny deleted it.

And third, to Hard Birb... that was the most excruciating torture I have ever had the displeasure to experience. I had to sit here all day and watch you people talk while I had to hold my tongue. No calamity conceivable by mere mortals is enough to punish you for what you have done. I don't care what it takes. I don't care how many corpses I must trudge over, nor how many rivers of blood I must swim through. I will find you. I will destroy everything you hold dear right in front of you. And only when you beg for the sweet release of death will I leave a dull knife just out of your reach and walk away laughing.
    Um... o_O

Well I'm glad you're back at least.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • Anyone else thinking HyperMorian was a really weird target for the night kill? He wasn't posing much of a threat to the mafia on D1, he was even scumread by a few people so he could've been mislynched anyway. You would've thought the mafia would like to get rid of someone who at least participated in D1's discussion...right? They don't have any investigative roles either, so they wouldn't have known he was a PR...

hmm...well, at least he died doing his favourite thing - chirping.

Back