• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bizarre Weather

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • What's the most bizarre weather you ever saw? or, at least, the most bizarre weather-related incident?

Well, right now, it's snowing. In May. May 8th. Snow. Wth?

And when I was 12, I was at the beach and saw a front pass by. It was raining on the water, but not on the beach lol I was dry, outside, in the open without shelter, watching the rain fall in front of my nose. That was awesome lol

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Lol, you got it in Canada too? Here in Norway it snowed on May 4th. xD When I looked out the window when I woke up to go to school I was like "What... the... hell? o_o" and then I got pissed off since I hate snow. xD

Another thing that happened was a small tornado that I can barely remember... I was like 4 years old when it happened, so yeah. I remember me and my family being in a shopping center, and the roof windows being open, then it suddenly started raining, and the center getting full of water. After that, well.. it got really windy, and it was not really fun at all. I got quite scared, since it was the first time I experienced weather like that. :(

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • lol darn snow.

Spoiler:

Seriously, the Hell?

Years
  • Back in 2005, when I was living in Kansas, there was a tornado on the base I lived on. On November 27th. It didn't cause much damage, just took some shingles off of roofs, but I'd never heard of a tornado coming that late in the year. o___O;;

Looking through the LJ for the date of it reminds me of how much I don't miss my high school days. I was embarrassing.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ah, you Eastern Canadians are getting our fun rainstorm-turned-sleet-storm-turned-light-snowfall from yesterday. We didn't get much that stuck, since it didn't drop below freezing overnight, but a bit further north some places got 4-5 inches... the shocking part is that it was so summery last weekend and on Monday and Tuesday this week.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    When I was living in Columbus, GA last year on March 2nd and the 3rd was really some bizarre weather

Ok, its is 3am in the morning and it is pouring down raining outside untill at least 11am that morning. At 12 it calms down and stops at least 30 to 45 minutes later. The rain was really breezy but after the rain it was hot and dry outside. I mean literally it felt like the summertime outside. Alright, then the next day, around 5am or 6am, it is freakin snowing, mixed with light showers of rain, outside. That made me seriously go WTF. It was a fun day though as snow is rare in Georgia.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Ah, you Eastern Canadians are getting our fun rainstorm-turned-sleet-storm-turned-light-snowfall from yesterday. We didn't get much that stuck, since it didn't drop below freezing overnight, but a bit further north some places got 4-5 inches... the shocking part is that it was so summery last weekend and on Monday and Tuesday this week.

North Bay got a foot of snow because of you D:<<<<

Click Me For A Guy With A Funny European Accent

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • My weather was wonky since last week.

We were around 30C with the humidity last week. Then, we got pummelled with three days of thunderstorms, one day of calm, one day of snow, and now it's around 0C. A week ago, we were using a fan! Now I don't know wtf that fan is doing in my room XD I need a heater again!

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • It hailed for about 1 minute straight at my school and I live in California. Everyone was freaking out and getting pelted in the head with hail. It was funny xD...
    But it did hurt Dx

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Last year it snowed in April. (I live in West Texas, so yeah...I was like WTF?!)

:O I remember that!

I remember one day, we were doing some yard work on a completely sunny day. Two clouds all day. After a little bit the first cloud passed overhead and it started to sprinkle. It went on by. Then the next (almost perfectly round, wth?) cloud came, I looked up and shouted, "WHYYYYYYYYY!?", and it started pouring. For about 43 seconds. And it stopped. The cloud just floated by, indifferently. Then there was the snow this year. Waaaay beyond average. A foot on the ground is unheard of down here.

Forget you, global warming! Texas has plugged it's ears and has begun to sing loudly.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Lets see here.

~I've seen 85 degrees on my birthday (The day after Christmas).
    ~I've gone to sleep to 80 degrees and woke up to snow on the ground.
    ~I've seen snow in April.
    ~I've seen 92 degrees on the first day of March.
    ~I've seen the weather go straight from severe thunderstorm with tornadoes and hail to sleet and snow.
    ~I've seen golf ball sized hail. (I guess that isn't too bizarre... But it is scary. o_o)
    ~I've seen the biggest snow storm of the year (by far) happen on the last day of March.

And let me just say, what people normally call "weird weather" is in fact normal to me. I expect it to be in the 70s one day and snowing the next (During the winter.) It just doesn't phase me anymore.

But it's funny because things really have changed. When I was younger (in 7th grade actually, this was only like 8 years ago) having it get up to 72 in the middle of winter was ridiculously warm and very unheard of... Now if it doesn't get warmer than that sometime during a week in the winter it's shocking.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • It once snowed here in the middle of April. It snowed so much that we didn't have a whole week of school.

Other than that, there isn't any other strange occurences.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I would whine about the snow we got in Toronto over the weekend, but then I'd be worried someone from Calgary where the airports were closed for a bit (I think?) because of a blizzard last week would come pummel me to death. xD;

Weirdest weather I remember was when it snowed in August when I lived in Edmonton. May snow has NOTHING on August snow. (It didn't stay when it hit the ground but it still snowed.)

Years
  • One night there was a thunderstorm that passed directly overhead. It dumped enough hail that you could make a snowman hailman out of it. This was during the spring in coastal California where it snows maybe once every 100 years and almost never gets hail.

I love that metallic taste you get in your mouth from a thunderstorm.

Back