• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black And White 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2014
    The last (non hackeD) game I played was Black 1 when it came out. Enjoyed it with my friends, but of course college split us all up. Are BW2 worth the money? How different/new is the adventure?

(Don't have a 3DS, too expensive for one game IMO)

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Difference in BW2:
    • You start Aspertia City
    • Cheren is the normal-type gym leader that you will face after first gym, which is quick
    • Bianca helps Professor
    • DNA splicer (Black/White Kyruem*)
    • Also get ZekromB2/ReshiramW2after elite four
    • More post-game content
    • New Gym (Water-type) as the last gym
    • More town[/b]
    • Your rival is Hugh
    • Can battle Cheren / Bianca (if using memory link)
      ~_~ now, what to add next

and I don't want to spoil the fun :S :S :D

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Yes yes yes, a thousand times yes :D

IMO they're the best in the series. Which is surprising because I thought Black and White were the worst in the series (and still do). BW2 are great games. It builds off the story of Black and White really well, and there's a lot of post-game content.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you're a die-hard like most of us, then yeah, it's definitely worth getting; same goes for every other main-series Pokémon game. It's okay to miss spin-offs, but skipping main games just... wouldn't feel right, in my opinion. xD" Did I enjoy B/W2? Well, so-so. They were entertaining and all, but to me, though, their storyline felt sort of like a rehash of original B/W. Not sure why, but that's just how I felt. If there were more differences to the story perhaps, then I probably would have liked it better.

Years
  • Ever thread i go to its everyone giving white & white 2 bad ratings, is it really that bad? I just ordered them xD please tell me they're good lol

Years
  • They are. Some people say BW2 is just more of the same old same old than ever, but at least as far as pre-XY stuff goes, I think the complete opposite. And it's sad, because I want people to realize just how much they have to offer. =(

On another (more interesting) side, some of the people who really like BW2 actually didn't even like BW that much from what i've read.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    The great, and nearly perfect, thing about Black 2 and White 2 is that these have not been infected with the "third game" syndrome. Instead of having the storyline slightly altered for another legendary Pokemon that once got NO recognition at all from the previous games, these games actually continue from the leave off point from Black and White. It's been two years since the incident at the Pokemon League with N and Reshiram/Zekrom, and Unova has changed a lot.

The gyms have all gotten a brand new layout and each with it's own personalized theme perfectly suiting the Gym's type and Leader. Your rival, a friend from your childhood, is on a quest to find return his sister's Purrloin that she got from her grandfather, after Team Plasma stole it from them years ago. Team Plasma makes a comeback and this time have a much more straightforward goal than last, freeze and conquer the world! You'll be able to travel all over the Unova region in hopes to prevent their evil plan from succeeding, while challenging Gym Leaders, crossing seas and river, and making movies!

So, that's just a little snippit of what's great. I don't wanna give away too much if you didn't want any spoilers, but these really are all great games, and I especially recommend that you continue on with the game you got first, like Black to Black 2, White to White 2.

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
  • I never played Black or White, but White 2 was excellent and I would recommend you play it. The flow of the game was absolutely perfect and everything felt in place from badges to story situations. I though Diamond was excellent but White 2 had such a good flow to it I liked it more.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Just missed the one month mark of no posting. Please be sure to read over the rules once more before posting anywhere else within the Fifth Generation Gaming section.

Closed due to thread revival.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back