• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black and White 3D claim bogus?

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
Years
  • Yo, I have managed to see a lot of leaked photos and videos of the upcoming Black and White title. You know, you get Reshiram in White and all? Well, looking at the images and stuff, I see no difference in the actual graphics department other than the battles.

The battles will have moving sprites, a dynamic camera, and improved battle animations. But the developers claim said that the 3D environment will look even more detailed. I haven't seen a single change. Sure, the camera angle is different, but the overall graphics have not changed a bit. Is this a lie to sell, or are the graphics REALLY improved...?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Okay look at DP:
    Black and White 3D claim bogus?

Now look at BW:

3D enough for me :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    I am with Mew. B/W looks so much better graphically than D/P. Sure, it is no true 3D game like, say... Call of Duty, but it is pretty dang good for a handheld game.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • OP... you've been living under a rock, the main town in the game is completely 3D except for the whole poking out at the screen at you kind of 3D

Years
  • The angle has dramatically changed for Black and White. You can clearly look at the city and see a big difference, they had taken intense depth and added it into the city.

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
    Years
  • See, the graphics (textures and things) are not new though! Remember in Hearthrome city? That Church? That was just as 3D as the buildings in B/W. See, I don't think the graphics for the environment changed, I think the camera angle did.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    They may not be drastically better, but the graphics ARE better, the camera angel is better, and it IS 3D.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I'm pretty sure to get the full 3D experience, you'll need to purchase the 3DS, which I plan on doing anyways. Keep in mind nothing can be truly 3D without glasses or whatever technology they are using on the 3DS.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • I'm very much with OP here, it doesn't look more 3D in the slightest. Except the trees, which are still not 3D, but done better than they were, with layers now. However, I don't remember them saying it would have different graphics.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Isn't the camera angle what makes it 3D? Of course, it's all an illusion, but it still looks great. A huge improvement from Gen IV
    An illusion, you do know the games going to be on the DS, not the 3DS xD

See, the graphics (textures and things) are not new though! Remember in Hearthrome city? That Church? That was just as 3D as the buildings in B/W. See, I don't think the graphics for the environment changed, I think the camera angle did.
    What the poo?!?! THAT SAME AS THE CHURCH??!!?!?!? ARE POOEDDD??!?!?!
    Look at the church:
    (couldnt find a pic with better quality:()
    Now look at huin city again !!!:

How the hell can you compare them both as the same... geez... just look around the edges of the city its all round.... and the water... its amazing...
    theyve had to change the overworlds and everything for BW its hardly anything like DP

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    There is FAR more 3D in BW than there ever was in DP, OP. Yes DP used 3D graphics, but overall, it still had that somewhat 2D style that the older Pokemon games had, except for the occasional cutscene that changed the camera angle. BW is a lot different in that it pretty much is a complete 3D game with different camera angles for different places. The battle screen is also technically "3D" as the background and ground exist within a 3D space, rather than being sprites like in previous games.

So all in all, the 3D in BW is much improved over DP. Could Gamefreak have made it more 3D similar to the DS Final Fantasy games or Dragon Quest IX? Sure. But the 3D in BW is great.

And for those talking about the 3DS, that is a completely NEW handheld system. It's not related to BW AT ALL and it WON'T affect BW's graphics in any way whatsoever. We're not talking about pop-out 3D for BW, we're talking about 3D models used within the game, such as buildings and trees. Basically not sprites.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    seriously, everyone better stop flaming BW, I can personally guarentee that they will be WELL WORTH THE MONEY so stop b****ing and get over it

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • Somebody call the eye doctor.

Sure, they aren't 3D like your stupid FPS games, but they still use the proper angling to make the game 3D. The graphics are still appear like sprites, but they ARE 3D models (evident by Hiun City). The graphics are improved and I can guarantee you that it IS 3D.

~Prof. W.

Back