• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black and White DSi Exclusive Features

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
It better make toast and calculate algorithms too!

I'll be okay with whatever they do on the DSi, as long as it isn't something amazing and DSi exclusive. Making up for Pal Park? Fine by me. I just can't afford a DSi, and if and when my current DS Lite dies, I plan on just buying another DS Lite.

Nintendo is looking ahead in the future. I could see some DSi exclusive feature that wasn't soo big that people without DSi's had to get one to have it. After all, they may want to bolster sales of the DSi before the 3DS comes out..and I gurantee in a few years (maybe by 2012-2014) the DS will be phased out and everything will be solely for the 3DS or 3DS/DSi. How will they do this? I don't know..but with releasing the new DSi's not too long ago and then announcing the 3DS AND announcing the 5th gen I bet they have something up their sleeves.

come on watch them eliminate the pal park too while their at it, ill have to borrow my friend's or something.

I'm in favor of that :D. I don't see why everyone is having a problem with it...Maybe I'm interpreting what you mean wrong, but it's all about progression..Expecting them to keep pal park/GBA slot would just be ludicrous.

Last edited:

Penutz

Breeder & Collector
Years
I think i know the dsi feature.

I just had a great thought on what the dsi feature may be for B/W. The Sd card slot, dont ya think? Perhaps putting on own mp3 sounds and all that?

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
i said this on another thread but meh....

B/W could come with a DSi channel (like mario kart wii did for the wii) for use of the pal park. you download said "channel" and take out B/W from your DSi. you then place in any other DS pokemon game and go to said "channel". you can then migrate 6 pokemon (like the other games) to a special box on said "channel". you turn on B/W and go to the pal park. you select migrate form said "channel". and the rest is self explanatory.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
Years
The A button was jammed in my DSLite so my parents got me a DSi for Christmas. I love the DSi's features, and it's be really nice if Nintendo gave more people a reason to buy the DSi, or give the DSi users a reward, for lack of a better word, for buying their new system. I'm disappointed in my system only because of the 3DS. I dislike 3D movies, so I don't want to get it, but I'm going to have to considering there are new games. Anyway, it'd just be nice to feel more reassured about my system purchase, and pokemon's a good way to do that considering they are my favorite games and what I think are the biggest games for Nintendo's handhelds.

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
yeah but why?
i could just as easily listen to my ipod with out going through all the hassle of uploading and downloading and ect.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 22, 2014
well it looks like nintendo is pulling a smart move here by giving features to the DSi, as since 3DS is coming out in a few months, the DSi sales are going to drop to the ground, but giving the DSi some exclusive features in the new pokemon games will definitely boost the sales sufficiently. And if what we expect is correct and the 3DS will yeild the featues of the DSi plus the new 3D features, then these features will definitely work on the 3DS as well.

Esmas

General
Years
Sounds like a potential idea, but it needs to be expanded on. I like the idea of utilizing the SD card slot on the DSi, though... maybe you could store some kind of random in-game data, or even memory?

Referring to music, it would be cool to have the feature of implementing your own music using an SD card. As in storing your own .mp3 files and being given the option to edit them in the game, and use the game's instruments to create music in that exact style. Though it won't happen, that's a cool idea :D

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
Years
I didnt even know there was a dsi feature, I must be really out of date on recent knowledge

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Oh yes, yes! Download special quests, etc! Like Wi-Fi events in Ranger. That'd me awesome, and make sense. Although, I want the camera to do something...

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
Put a photo of yourself on your trainer card?

I dunno :S

That sounds like it could probably be one thing. It would be cool if they found an interesting use for the SD slot, but I think it will all be related to the camera instead.

Off-topic: I kept seeing these interracial dating advertisements on here, and I wondered why the heck they were on this site of all the places. Then I realized it's because of the term "Black and White" showing up so much lately. lol

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
Years
looks like i will have to invest in a DSi... wish i had money

Edit: the photo on your trainer card thing is the most probable idea ive heard so far to be implemented

dozo

party hardy
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
I really hope they don't do anything like that.

My DS Lite and I are tight. That would certainly break our friendship :P

Back