• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] Black Magic, PCL Season 2+Off-Season

ey so which 'mon are we gonna build around?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What is Starmie's EV spread for? Doesn't seem to be a standard one.
    It's basically the utility set EV spread, just with a few less Speed EVs since there's no point in running max Speed. Going max Speed only means that you can speed tie with Raikou, which Starmie loses to anyway. It can still outspeed Serperior with the spread like that.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    It's basically the utility set EV spread, just with a few less Speed EVs since there's no point in running max Speed. Going max Speed only means that you can speed tie with Raikou, which Starmie loses to anyway. It can still outspeed Serperior with the spread like that.
    You only need 240 EVs to outspeed Serp under any circumstances, which makes me wonder why it is 244. I mean it could be some Speed-creep thing, but then, unless those Def EVs do something substancial, you might as well go for max Speed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning your decision. It's just a clarification thing, because I always have a feeling special EV spreads are special for a reason.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You only need 240 EVs to outspeed Serp under any circumstances, which makes me wonder why it is 244. I mean it could be some Speed-creep thing, but then, unless those Def EVs do something substancial, you might as well go for max Speed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning your decision. It's just a clarification thing, because I always have a feeling special EV spreads are special for a reason.
    oh shit you're right you do only need 240 how did I screw that up D=

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Alright, so I had my battles with Noa and my main thoughts are:
    The first battle was the best out of the three, because I managed to spot a weakness on my opponents team and I managed to make use of it. There were definitely missplays involved on both my and my opponets end.
    The second battle was a complete desaster. Not only did I have not a single clue what I was doing, I kept on doing stupid plays and ended up losing. It shows that I have to practice a lot.
    The third battle was somewhat of a mixed bag. My opponent used the same team from the second battle, so I already knew what sets he was running, which somewhat gave me an advantage. At the same time, I never used the team that I was using (which is totally my fault, I know), so I suppose that somewhat made up for it. Again, a lot of missplays from my side, but not as severe as in the second battle.

It basically boils down to me needing more practice experience.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Anyone interested into building a team around Hoopa-C? With that recent suspect around Hoopa-U I've seen a couple people on the forums starting to talk about it and how it might be a decent replacement, despite its more apparent weaknesses. I can see building a team with it as somewhat of a fun activity and it would even be useful in case they decide to ban Hoopa-U.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It could make a decent Hoopa Unbound replacement I guess. Same bulk stat wise and Ghost STAB is about as good as Dark STAB in this gen, base 150 Sp.Attack is really good (especially with Specs/Nasty Plot), isn't 4x U-turn weak (though is 4x Dark weak) Would have to be special-only probably though since base 110 Attack is kinda eh. It's also slightly slower than the Unbound version but base 70 is still enough for slow walls and stuff.

I wouldn't really know how to go about building a Hoopa-C team though.....

Back