• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black Mesa Distress Call

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • Black Mesa is a research facility in New Mexico, USA and is the place the game Half-Life, constantly voted the best video game ever made, takes place.
    Recently a new website has come up, under bmrf.us and well... I'll let you see it for yourself.

The website was owned by one of the developers of the Black Mesa Source mod, which the developers are now owned by Valve I do believe.

So what does it mean? Is something big going to happen? Is Xen going to be released for the mod? Is it just related to the mod or did Valve but the developer up to it for a secret teaser? Either way, I have a feeling we will be returning to the claustrophobic corridors of the Black Mesa Research Facility soon, and I can not wait.

To anyone interested in Half-Life, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I tried playing Black Mesa and never was able to get far with it because of bugs or crashes. It was disappointing, but maybe it was just my PC back in the day. :/ I love anything Half-Life related though, so this could be great.

Arsenic

Years
  • I had no problems with it myself. Everything was smooth as butter. I loved it so much it was my game of the year for 2012 and 2013!

I recommend giving it another try. More work went into making in than anything released for a long while. And make sure to use the torrent!

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I tried playing Black Mesa and never was able to get far with it because of bugs or crashes. It was disappointing, but maybe it was just my PC back in the day. :/ I love anything Half-Life related though, so this could be great.
    Really? I literally have never experience any bugs in Black Mesa before, weird.

Also where is this information about Black Mesa website being owned by Valve? If it's the stuff at the bottom of the page, that's just the standard trademark info for Half-life, Valve and Steam which they have to have on the site.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    A quick diversion here, but I just found an Easter egg on the new website. If you view the page's source code, you'll find an ASCII Lambda symbol embedded in a comment tag.

Spoiler:

EDIT: It's on the Black Mesa media website as well, but there is an additional comment tag underneath it that contains the URL to the new website.

Last edited:

Arsenic

Years
  • Gotta love that Pizza is a Lie ARG

Also where is this information about Black Mesa website being owned by Valve? If it's the stuff at the bottom of the page, that's just the standard trademark info for Half-life, Valve and Steam which they have to have on the site.

Gotta find it again. They called themselves crowbar studios or something like that

Edit:

It's Crowbar Collective

I can't find where it says they bought them, so maybe my brain just added that part in, but I do know that CC is being given a unannounced engine by valve (Which a lot of people, myself included, think will be the infamous Source 2 engine) to re-port their game over to.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I can't believe how far we've come on just the Source engine. It's been more than 10 years and games are still being made on it.

Arsenic

Years
  • And it still looks damn amazing! An engine from 2002-2003 still competes with (and beats) competition in 2014!

I still need to donate just so I can set this as my profile background
    Spoiler:

Back