• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black/White 2 & Mascots discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Continuing on with the new threads, what do you guys think the name and the mascot will be?

Discuss as many different points as you can to "prove" why it'll be the name and/or mascot of your choosing!

Don't discuss the potential storylines here though, because we have a whole storyline thread for that!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Gray/Grey and a complete Kyurem.

First off, the first two are Black and White so why not go in between? Though I guess if they wanna be creative they could always do "Chrome", but Gray/Grey would fit the color scheme better.

As for Kyurem, remember how in Platinum Giratina was given its "Original Forme"? Well, Kyurem doesn't look "fully complete" so it's likely it'll be the star of this game. Not to mention it's the only other Dragon legendary and is sort of typed like Reshiram and Zekrom; only difference is that it only has one signature move.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Obviously Grey/Gray and Kyurem. Every Gen(Except first) has had the third version mascot in the 2nd movie of that gen.

Johto: Suicune in 4ever
    Hoenn: Rayquaza in Destiny Deoxys
    Sinnoh: Giratina in Sky Warrior
    Unova: Kyurem in Movie 15(along with Keldeo who is obviously being revealed next month)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Like I have said,there are 4 possibilites that have been said,one in which I came up with.

Chrome- This is just a random color that game to my head before this thread. I don't know why it just seems to match Kyreum

YinYang- This is what B/W were ment to represent. If you ask me this would be a pretty could name to bring Black and White togeather.

Grey- The is what color is made when you mix white and black,plus Kyreum is grey. And also when I think of ice I think of grey.

Checkered- another mix between black and white,but just doesn't seem right.

Ask for mascots,most likly it will be Kyreum,but it could be Coballion kinda like Crystal had Suicune.

Years
  • Since one of the differences between the two versions is a high tech, futuristic region (for Black) and a low-tech, more natural region (for White), I imagine the third game, if there ever will be one, will be called Pokemon Brown, based on the ongoing development of a natural area into a city center, with more emphasis on suburban areas and other areas under construction. And the mascot of the game would be a Ground/Dragon form of Kyurem or a Volcarona.

Axiom

Seraphic
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2012
    Since one of the differences between the two versions is a high tech, futuristic region (for Black) and a low-tech, more natural region (for White), I imagine the third game, if there ever will be one, will be called Pokemon Brown, based on the ongoing development of a natural area into a city center, with more emphasis on suburban areas and other areas under construction. And the mascot of the game would be a Ground/Dragon form of Kyurem or a Volcarona.

I hadn't thought about that but you make a very good point. However, I still think it would be called Gray, because the legendaries are all about yin and yang and Kyurem represents Wuji, whihc is an absence of the two (don't quote me on that, though) and as it's painfully obvious it's the third member of the trio, it would only make sense to have a Kyurem, which is cool... It's about time we had an Ice mascot.

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
    Years
  • Though Grey/Gray seems likely, I doubt they're going to use it. Before Platinum was revealed, everyone speculated that the third game will be called Pokemon Opal. I think the third game of B/W is going to be Chrome

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Though Grey/Gray seems likely, I doubt they're going to use it. Before Platinum was revealed, everyone speculated that the third game will be called Pokemon Opal. I think the third game of B/W is going to be Chrome

Platinum's name was difficult to predict because there was a lot of minerals for a good name. Also 4 gen games' names didn't have obvious color pattern.
    Grey is a good name because 5 gen names returned to basic colors just like gen 1.
    I think Kyurem's name is related to "gure" (it means "grey" in Japanese). (K(y)ure-m).
    "Shiro" means "white" (Re-shira-m). "Kuro" means "black" (Ze-k(u)ro-m).

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As everyone else said, the third version may be named "Gray/Grey" and have Kyurem as its mascot (an alt. form, perhaps?). Considering that the third members of past legendary trios (Rayquaza and Giratina) were mascots for their third versions, Kyurem may as well be one too.

Years
  • I hadn't thought about that but you make a very good point. However, I still think it would be called Gray, because the legendaries are all about yin and yang and Kyurem represents Wuji, whihc is an absence of the two (don't quote me on that, though) and as it's painfully obvious it's the third member of the trio, it would only make sense to have a Kyurem, which is cool... It's about time we had an Ice mascot.
    Wuji means "limitless" and also "ultimate nothingness", apparently..

I've heard people say Pokemon Prism because it's very hard to give a color/shade to something that represents both black and white, (since black is the absence of color and white includes itself and all colors) and includes all the other colors as well. I almost wish Arceus would have been withheld till this generation; it would make a perfect mascot for the third game since it represents all types.

Years
  • The mascot is obviously going to be Kyurem. No brainer there.

The name could possibly be Grey, but I think that may be too obvious so idk.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Yeah, Kyurem seems to be a given, but I hope they don't call it Gray Version. It makes sense and all, but that's such a bland name.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I can see why people think Kyurem is a given, because there are a lot of things to suggest it (the name, the typing, etc), but there are other possible options for how to take it. It's really anything-goes for choosing the mascot. I mean, look what they did with GSC. They could have chose Celebi, but they chose a legendary dog.

What I'm hoping (and expecting, honestly) is that they'll expand on the Plasma storyline, especially N and his relationship with his father. It's pretty extensive as it is, though, but expanding it more would be nice. I can't think of any ways how, but adding Genesect to the main story line and making it a mascot for the new version is indeed a possibility when looking at what they did with GSC! It'd be a nice twist to what we all expect, and add something interesting to the new game.

I'd also like if they chose Meloetta. That would be an interesting choice, albeit random. But maybe that's just because I'm a little bias towards it because I like it's design.

The name of the game will be determined by what they choose as the mascot, in my belief.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I can see why people think Kyurem is a given, because there are a lot of things to suggest it (the name, the typing, etc), but there are other possible options for how to take it. It's really anything-goes for choosing the mascot. I mean, look what they did with GSC. They could have chose Celebi, but they chose a legendary dog.

The reason why Suicune was chosen is because Lugia and Ho-oh don't have third Pokemon related to them. Celebi was out of option because it was an event Pokemon. Event Pokemon never have been mascots and most likely any of them won't be in upcoming third game.

It looks like third member of the trio as the third game mascot became standard since R/S/E. And this time everything looks like third member will be mascot as well.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The reason why Suicune was chosen is because Lugia and Ho-oh don't have third Pokemon related to them. Celebi was out of option because it was an event Pokemon. Event Pokemon never have been mascots and most likely any of them won't be in upcoming third game.
    Just wondering, since that could be a very legitimate reason, but is there any source to that, or is that just your own observation based on their choices thus far?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Could also be mere coincidences, so it's easy to overlook them and not give them much thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I do not think we're in for a shock here. For all games previous in which have had a corresponding third legendary (except for GSC which lacked one), it has been the mascot for the third game. Emerald had Rayquaza and Platinum had Giratina, the names were also pretty close to the cuff. So I imagine chrome would be out of the question, not to mention it has that marketing factor to avoid since Chrome has become a well known household browser recently enough and the operating system being released. I would imagine GAMEFREAK will be keeping with the idea of Grey, or something close to it. The only issue I see with that title is the spelling differences in the US. Therefore, Grey & Kyurem seems to be pretty obvious. I'd be surprised if they were to go elsewhere with it. However, I am sure it will be the additional features and changes which will be the big difference.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back