• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black & White Battle System

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
  • Hi PC,

I've been thinking about this for a while, and while completely imitating the Black and White battle system is pretty much impossible, making a bit of a improvised look-alike shouldn't actually be that hard.

• RMXP has .gif support. Not natively, but there are scripts that incorporate it. This means we can replace the static .pngs with the animated .gifs that are currently being ripped from Black and White en masse.
    • Resolution is the easiest problem to fix, and has already been adjusted to DS resolution in many fangames, including mine.
    • Camera angles, in relation to the above point, wouldn't actually be that hard for a competent coder, one would imagine.

Anything else people can think of? I see no reason we can't do this. Apologies if this has already been posted or discussed.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Yes gifs are working i put them to my game to test it out and they working fine, but any pokemon animation has other size regigigas has 89x74 lugia has bigger size so its only problem wit positions.

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Yes gifs are working i put them to my game to test it out and they working fine, but any pokemon animation has other size regigigas has 89x74 lugia has bigger size so its only problem wit positions.

Would it not be possible to make every .gif file the same size and place the Pokemon Sprites were it fits. Just would be much work.

Years
  • One problem is going to be the 3D aspect. But a similar effect can be created without using it at all. My suggestion would be to pan the sprites on screen, each individually, while simultaneously scaling them down or up. The status boxes would also need to disappear.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • One problem is going to be the 3D aspect. But a similar effect can be created without using it at all. My suggestion would be to pan the sprites on screen, each individually, while simultaneously scaling them down or up. The status boxes would also need to disappear.

Like this? :P

Not to be a real downer here, but the B/W battle system is currently one of the hottest Pokemon aspects out there. It is not that simple and some do want it for themselves only (*cough*likeme*cough*). I don't think that when others get to a pretty damn close imitation they would give it out just like that. I may be wrong and hopefully am, but I'm just sayin'...

Years
  • White it's nice Luka, there's still no active scaling of the sprites. This presents a problem when trying to pan the entire screen. While the battle scene is supposed to be panning, it's not. The sprites move around, but they also change distances between each other. Keeping the sprites equidistant is key in making the battle have the illusion of panning, and this requires active scaling. In addition, the Pokémon sprites move directly with the ground patch beneath them, which takes away alot from the depth.

It's a nice try, to say the least, however you're still a bit shy with what I meant.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Regardless, a community project would be nice, albeit allowing the system to fall into the hands of absolutely anybody, no matter how inexperienced they are.

I might give it a shot myself, just adding the .gifs that is, even though I Know next to nothing of ruby.

Back