• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Blocking in Secret bases?

Years
  • Okay, just getting back into AS after a long break, and not having done much 'net stuff earlier on.

Is blocking a visitor's way with objects and trainers in one's secret base a thing? Are they just being jerks, or what? I don't understand the sheer number of blocking incidents I've run into. It cannot just be accidental :-(

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I never understood it to be honest, bases are there to visit otherwise why bother?

Just delete them from your cartridge and find better ones.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • But what is there to gain by blocking someone from taking your flag? You don't gain anything from "protecting" your own flag. I do think some I encounter were accidental, but others do seem quite deliberate. But I agree with Oblox; just delete the base and a new one will eventually take it's place.

Years
  • I had this happen the other day (the blocking was done with the trainers) and the only justification I could come up with is they wanted to force me to add them to my secret base so their character would disappear. Which of course doesn't make much sense because what would they get out of it? Not to mention it doesn't explain people who block with objects.

I agree, they're just being trolls.

Years
  • I know I have never personally seen it in-game, but those people are just trolls so ignore them and try checking out someone else's Base.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • I don't fully understand the scope of secret bases. I only use the Blissey secret bases that I found online. Is there anything cool I'm missing by not checking out other bases?

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • Well, I would say the main thing is that you need to collect 1,000 flags in order to obtain the Garchompite in ORAS. So if someone is trying to collect flags, it's annoying when you go into someone's Secret Base and the path to their flag is blocked.

Other than that, it's a fun way to battle other people's teams. You'll be battling the first three Pokemon in their roster when they last saved and snyc'd to the PGL (I believe that's how that works). In addition, you can recruit other people to your own base, where you can have them perform a task daily, such as finding an item, evolution stone, or berry, "work out" with one of your Pokemon to raise its level or EV's, building decorations for your base, among a few other things.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    it's honestly so annoying because the whole point of the bases is to collect flags and maybe battle. i like to decorate my secret base like it's my own little home and i keep my flag open for anyone because that's the point of it

Back