• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Blurred Photobucket Pictures?

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I can't continue pokemon hacking because in the tutorial forums everyone seems to use photobucket to show how to do things but all the pictures are blurred out with a huge photobucket title on the picture! This is very annoying why do people us this picture format?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Chances are that those images were uploaded before Photobucket decided to suck and demand money to use their service.

What would probably be the best thing to do would be to see if the thread creator and/or ROM hacking staff can upload the images to a different site and use the urls from that in the posts instead

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Chances are that those images were uploaded before Photobucket decided to suck and demand money to use their service.

What would probably be the best thing to do would be to see if the thread creator and/or ROM hacking staff can upload the images to a different site and use the urls from that in the posts instead

Hmm well thats sad, all of these tutorials are years old, i'll try messaging some but it will be a nightmare if they are dead accounts. Thanks for clearance o:

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • Yeeee, Photobucket are doing a "pay to display" scheme now.
    Alot of older images are being blurred unless you pay their prices.

Best place to go for image uploading in my opinion now is stash, which is free with any deviantart account

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've been using Imgur and it doesn't seem too bad?? That's worth a shot!

Back