• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Boku No Hero Academia

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years

I know it wasn't that funny but
    Spoiler:

What's the deal with Aizawa, isn't his counter-thingy power a little bit too overpowered? lol
    Pls nerf.

Years
  • Reminds me. This motherfucker Aizawa had the audacity to put eyedrops in like they actually helped his bloodshot damn eyes.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • No Tsuyu in anime.
    She's made her first appearance last episode. And she'll be making more and more appearances from now onwards. :p

Seriously though, this is some good stuff. Apart from ReZero, Ushio to Tora and Kiznaiver, this is the anime I look forward to the most. <3; I love Deku and I love All Might's heavily accented english lol.

Ochako best girl btw. Not Tsuyu. Not Momo. They come close, but yeah. Uravity ftw. :3

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

So...
    Spoiler:

I would like to recognize Okamoto's work as seiyuu for his amazing work in this series. I can hear his soul resonating through Bakugou. Amazing.

The first episode is dubbed you guys... One month, that's real amazing.

That was faaaaaaaast. I feel sorry for all those kids that will watch this show expecting a long-running series :(

derozio

Years

THAT FINAL PUNCH OMG.
    I must have rewatched that scene alone like 20-30 times.
    And Ochako was adorable. Her role this episode was very brief but I found her actions this episode to be especially cute. The way she hugs the missile omg <3

Bakugou's backstory makes sense. It explains why he holds so much animosity towards Deku pretty well. And despite what some others might think, I'm enjoying this slow but apt pacing the anime has had so far.

Next episode will mark the appearance of
    Shigaraki. Saw the CV yesterday. Hope to see a sick entrance for the dude. :D

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • Anyone have thoughts on the two newest eps??

7 & 8 are were two of my favorite manga chapters, and I loved seeing them animated. So far I can say that the anime is literally better than the manga, just because nothing beats seeing some of the fights animated.

Also, the Iida episode was also more interesting in the anime, caught my attention more and made like his chara well enough.

derozio

Years
  • Do we know how much will be adapted?
    Tbh, in the manga, the story just got kicked into high gear in the latest chapter. It looks like THIS is the real beginning of the story for Deku as a character. We're still a LONG way from that part as things stand in the anime (we have a gap of almost two(?) whole arcs - relatively bigger arcs - or more). After what happened in the latest chapters though, I would find it to be a grand shame if this never got any more adaptations.

But BnHA is one of the more successful adaptations. This and SnS are both doing well. So I'm guessing it'll receive multiple seasons. And these seasons don't have to be too far spaced either - alternate seasons airing a season of this would be good and ensure it doesn't catch up. REALLY, REALLY hoping we get an announcement in the next episode.

THAT SAID HOLY FUCKING SHIT WAS THE LATEST EPISODE A SPECTACLE FOR THE EYES. And ears, as well. Great OST placement, amazing action and just some really great choreography. Good. fucking. job, Bones. THIS is what we wanted as fans of the series. <3

The OST is so good. This episode just reinforced that opinion. One of the contenders for best OST of 2016 for me. Definitely.

Murmansk

Weebus Maximus
    Years
  • I gotta say. I LOVE All Might as a character. It's just really nice to see an older teacher character used in such a moving way.

He's obviously far more experienced and capable than his students but is also facing the reality of his declining state.

And that look of anger on his face when he's typically smiling. Gawd dayum, that was a really emotional point.

"This is poetry in animation" was a description I liked for the fight scene in the latest EP.

derozio

Years
  • I gotta say. I LOVE All Might as a character. It's just really nice to see an older teacher character used in such a moving way.
    He's obviously far more experienced and capable than his students but is also facing the reality of his declining state.
    This is one of the main draws of the series for me. How a supposedly experienced but perfect superhero like All Might will deal with his rapid decline and nurture Midoriya as the next big thing in a world that is full of dangerous people. All Might's apparent invincibility is so bloated in nature (at least in the minds of general public) that it'll definitely be interesting to see how the world will react once that bubble gets ruptured. And not just the general public, the changes it'd bring to the status quo, the world as a whole, how it affects Midoriya's growth as a character. So many interesting things to talk about.

Manga spoilers:
    Spoiler:

And that look of anger on his face when he's typically smiling. Gawd dayum, that was a really emotional point.
    It really drove home the fact that the guy is not in the mood for fucking around and is definitely handing down some major ass-whooping. XD; It was great. :'D

"This is poetry in animation" was a description I liked for the fight scene in the latest EP.
    Definitely. <3

All that said though, the finale's come and gone and, well, we have a season 2 announcement on our hands! MAKES ME SO HAPPY YAAAAAYYYYY~
    though I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect that haha.

BnHA Finale and final impressions:

A lot of people consider it a slightly underwhelming finale because of the fact that the "hands villain" didn't do much. To those people, I'd like to say this - Shigaraki Tomura (that's him) is a villain who has just started off. He's supposed to be the big bad of the season but not the big bad of the series (not at this point in the story, anyway). Think of him as Deku. But on the other side of the spectrum. He is to the "Master" (who he was talking to back in the bar) what Deku is to All Might. It becomes much more understandable for him NOT to do a lot in the finale if you think of it that way. This incident was supposed to be his introduction to the story and his first big time tussle with the mighty (heh) heroes. He's also going to grow as a villain as the story progresses from here onwards.

Finale looked and sounded great. Deku's rushed attempt looked great, Bakugou's frustration was good to see as always and it just wrapped up with a neat ending that, while not possessing much impact, dealt with things fairly well. Slow pacing is an issue a lot of people have with this adaptation - I'm not one of those. I'd say BONES did an absolutely spectacular job with this adaptation and they deserve to be lauded with as much praise and affection as possible for it XD; The OST deserves a HUGE shout out - half of the scenes in this series wouldn't have worked if not for the downright fantastic OST that played in the background during key moments. I'm eagerly waiting for the OST's release. Can't wait to hear all the tracks in their full releases. <3;

Season 2 can't come soon enough. Super hyped for it! <3;

derozio

Years
  • Satisfying ending. I must confess I'm not as hyped as everyone, but I can see where this is going and I like it.
    It is very much understandable, actually! This was just the beginning. In fact, this'd be the prologue to the beginning :p

They've adapted, what, 20 chapters? I'd say that the main story of "Deku" as a character started close to where the manga is right now. Chapter 95. That's the turning point of the series. Not surprising considering this IS a long running shounen despite the short length of the adaptation. But yes.

It is safe to say that the series maintains its good quality till that point in the series. But only after that does it reach for greater heights. So future adaptations will definitely get you, and all of us really, more hyped. :D

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Okay I caught up with the manga after finishing the anime, and laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd.

The art is so good. Tokoyami and Ochako are the best. The pacing blows the anime out of the water, which was really really bad, but the manga is so brisk.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • I'm disappointed with such a short season. I was hoping they'd keep churning these out non stop like they do with One Piece.

Back