• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bonjour!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    Hi everyone! new here :classic:, (first post)
    I have been lurking around but not really discussing, so I decided to start today! Wohoo!
    Anyways the reason for me signing up is the rom hacking (mainly ruby). I heard it was a lot of fun!
    So I started making my own game...
    But there is always something I had to do first, so I had to start over..
    If anyone would be so kind as to tell me where do I start exactly?
    I've searched and searched but couldn't even find one post that tells me where to start in rom hacking. :(
    Thanks!

Years
  • JACK FROST <33 I saw Rise of the Guardians last Saturday and it was one of the best movies I've ever seen. So colorful and a lot of beautiful effects! Since I'm assuming you like it as well, we should totally be friends! :DD Welcome to PC, Augmentum~

Glad you decided to stop being a lurker and get involved in the community, that's a good first step! Emulation's the best place for ROM hacking here, a lot of our members are super talented and make some wonderful games. Unfortunately you'd probably be better off asking in the Emulation section for assistance since I'm sure more people there would have answers to your problem. I'd recommend dropping a post in the ROM Hacking Simple Questions thread.

Wish I could help you out a bit, but sadly I have no talent in that department haha. I mostly play hacks but have never actually tried to make one. But all you need is some time to practice and perhaps you'll even be helping new hackers that join sometime soon. :3

But anyway, I hope you've been enjoying your stay here, everyone on PC is wonderful.. There are a lot of things to do here besides hacking too, so you should definitely branch out a bit and make some posts! Just make sure to keep checking back, you'll surely have a splendid time on the forum! Feel free to message me if you need any more help and I'll get to your message as soon as I can. <3

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    Oh, hi! Sorry I just saw this.. I've been busy with school and sports -_- but yea Rise of the Guardians was pretty good!
    Also i've started my first hack! got the title done! Wish me luck with the rest!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    Well, thank you!
    Right now, i named it "Horologium Opus" meaning "clockwork" in latin. The title could change when i actually ask my latin teacher how clockwork would actually look like in latin or if someone suggests a name that I like.

Years
  • Hi everyone! new here :classic:, (first post)
    I have been lurking around but not really discussing, so I decided to start today! Wohoo!
    Anyways the reason for me signing up is the rom hacking (mainly ruby). I heard it was a lot of fun!
    So I started making my own game...
    But there is always something I had to do first, so I had to start over..
    If anyone would be so kind as to tell me where do I start exactly?
    I've searched and searched but couldn't even find one post that tells me where to start in rom hacking. :(
    Thanks!

Hi Augmentum, and welcome to PC.

I love your username... and your avatar too! Rise of the Guardians is a pretty good-looking movie if I can agree, and I do love the characters, especially Jack Frost. Haven't seen the movie yet but it's really well-polished.

And I guess everyone else has already guided you to the Emulation board, but that can't stop me welcoming you, and sorry I was terribly late to this. But yeah, if you ever need help go and talk to a moderator or admin, like Cirno.

Have fun and good luck with your hack!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Nakala Pri

Welcome to Pokecommunity! ROM hacking, huh? I know nothing about that stuff XD Everyone is really nice, you're bound to make some friends. (I recommend Galoria, she is soo sweet!)

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    Hi Augmentum, and welcome to PC.

I love your username... and your avatar too! Rise of the Guardians is a pretty good-looking movie if I can agree, and I do love the characters, especially Jack Frost. Haven't seen the movie yet but it's really well-polished.

And I guess everyone else has already guided you to the Emulation board, but that can't stop me welcoming you, and sorry I was terribly late to this. But yeah, if you ever need help go and talk to a moderator or admin, like Cirno.

Have fun and good luck with your hack!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Thanks! My username was kind of a screw-up. It was supposed to be "Argentum" meaning silver in latin, but I've grown to like my username. It means "growth" and i guess i'm always growing in rom hacking knowledge :D.
    Also thank you for the welcome!

Welcome to Pokecommunity! ROM hacking, huh? I know nothing about that stuff XD Everyone is really nice, you're bound to make some friends. (I recommend Galoria, she is soo sweet!)

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah people here seem nice. (I'm in desperate need of friends :P lol)

Last edited:

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • Nice to meet you! My name is Eivana, and if you would like to talk to me you can definitely drop me a message.

Back