• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Boo!! The Battle Subway is left unchanged!

Would you still play the Battle Subway even though it hasn't changed one bit?

• Yes

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I just checked out information from one of the Pokemon sites and I am shocked and disappointed! Despite the addition of the PWT, the Battle Subway has been left UNCHANGED!! It's the same old trainers from BW with the same exact teams and it's the same exact way with the partner (Opposite gender of the hero with the same option of teams with ONLY Unova Pokemon). Dang! I thought they will at least slightly change the subway database by adding all the old Pokemon that became part of the new Unova Pokedex. What is your reaction? Discuss!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Damn! I was looking forward to a Rotation Battle Subway Line. There are no places in the game to do some sweet Rotation Battles for hours on end.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Personally, I think it's due to the world tournament. :x It's such a big selling point of B2W2, and the subway was more of a selling point of BW, so expanding upon that would be kind of strange considering there's all this work/effort going towards the tournament. I may still use it occasionally, idk, or I might just use B/W's. I really don't mind that it hasn't changed!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ You'll survive. Anyway, I didn't expect any changes to Battle Subway really. With all the other things added in the games, it's not much of a surprise. It looks like some prizes got their prices lowered though, so that's enough to make me happy.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well that's disappointing, I was sure they'll at least include the new pokémon to the Unova dex in the normal trains. Considering that we get BP from the tournament there really isn't much reason to play in the imo less fun Battle Subway.

droomph

weeb
Years
If you've done a ROM hack or a RMXP game, you'll know that adding things takes up a lot of time. So it's no surprise that they haven't got around to changing details of unimportant side-quests like the Battle Subway yet.

And what MRAS said is true...the Battle Subway is boring tbqh.

Years
^ True. "unimportant" is a little harsh... but yet so true.
So much for 2 years. Did the Subway Bosses just sit in there twiddling their thumbs? Did they at least get some sort of sprite change? I was hoping for some kind of extension but oh well. I guess G.F. decided to put all their effort into the P.W.T. which I will go to instead.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
UGH UGH UGHHHHH i hateeee this are you saying that there are no non-unova poke's in the subway AT ALLLL?!?!?? UGGGGGHHHHH

Indeed, there are non-Unova Pokemon in the Battle Subway after you get the National Dex.

Anyway, it kind of stinks that the Battle Subway was left unchanged. I mean, they could've integrated the new move tutors on the Subway Pokemon.

Years
Yeah, Hikari is disappointed the Battle Subway had NO CHANGES AT ALL!

Particularly no move tutor moves, exact same Trainers and only Unova Pokemon until you get the National Dex.

I guess I might do more of the PWT instead.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I think I'm gonna go with the PWT or the Black Skyscraper/WHite Tree Hollow instead because the Pokemon there got tutoring moves in their movesets plus there's a HUGE variety. I still have hopes that Challenge Mode may change it... if not, then what's the point of going through the same old Battle Subway besides for competitive reasons.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Im pissed but i can understand why GF didnt change it
They added TWO new features to the games why would they enhance the battle subway
(same reason why the pokemon musical wasnt enhanced because there is a new and better pokewood)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Damn! I was looking forward to a Rotation Battle Subway Line. There are no places in the game to do some sweet Rotation Battles for hours on end.
Ever heard of PWT? :D
You can have unlimited amount of Rotation Battles there ;)

It looks like some prizes got their prices lowered though, so that's enough to make me happy.
I agree with you :D

I believe it's unchanged so we can have enough BPs to get items =D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Another possible reason why they weren't changed, B2W2 can link up with B/W for Tag Subway battles. Subway was still there to replace Battle Tower and you could link up for that too. So since B2W2 could Wifi Link with a friend who owns B/W for Battle Subway, its more that they couldn't update it without breaking compatibility.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Another possible reason why they weren't changed, B2W2 can link up with B/W for Tag Subway battles. Subway was still there to replace Battle Tower and you could link up for that too. So since B2W2 could Wifi Link with a friend who owns B/W for Battle Subway, its more that they couldn't update it without breaking compatibility.

I think this is probably a major reason, I don't think difficulty has anything to with it, the super subways were still relatively easy before 21 anyway. It would've been nice to see some Beedrill and Seaking with Drill Run in there though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I had no doubts that they wouldn't change the lineup to maintain consistency, but compatibility isn't the reason this time either. Host game (yes, Xander, similar situation) decides trainers and the trainers' Pokémon - it's why when a Japanese game is the leader, the Battle Subway trainer names are Japanese even in a game of a different language (the phrases they speak pre-battle are selected from a pre-defined pool, so they'll always be in the right language). The game decides how to deal with Pokémon accordingly based off data from the host.

That's to say they could've changed it. They simply didn't.

I'm sure what some people may have been looking for is an extension to the Battle Subway - what about more lines? A bit more extension to the single player lines?

I suppose you could compare it to HG/SS and how those games handled the Battle Frontier.

Actually in terms of B2W2 getting new Trains to ride that wouldn't be correct as there wouldn't be proper corresponding trains for B/W players to get on to join the battle. If there were a Rotation battle train in B2W2 and not in B/W then B/W wouldn't be able to battle in Rotation Battles in Tag Mode (Albeit I doubt that would be possible anyway) But since that battle train does't exist the B/W player wouldn't be compatible to join in.

So Compatibility is a minor issue with that. I understand what you are saying and everything, but if there is a specific battle format in one game and not in another, then they aren't compatible to battle between or proper link up.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I haven't really played through the Subway yet, so I don't think i'll mind. Although i think it is kinda lazy from Nintendo not to even change the teams.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
Although I would like to see old Pokemon in the Battle Subway, I'll probably still play it anyway, simply because it gives me something to do after I've beaten the game.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
I was honestly surprised that they even kept the Battle Subway at all. Of course, I grind through it constantly for BP, but the Pokemon World Tournament is basically a much better version of the Battle Subway, so I can't imagine what use the Subway has. But I suppose they found that keeping it would cause less trouble then devising a reason for getting rid of it for the plot. With that logic, I'm not surprised that it is unchanged. Slightly dissapointed, yes, but if someone really has a problem with it, they can just ignore the subway and go to the Pokemon World Tournament. If someone prefers the older style with the Subway, they can still do it. Everybody wins in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back