• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Boo! the ghost type club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Finally! A wild Ghost type club appeared!

RULES
    Spoiler:

- Your nickname:
    - Your Ghost-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Please check the available partners first, not all Ghost-Pokémon are available from the beginning. COMING SOON!!!
    - Reason for joining the club:
    - Answer to a topic:
    -Trainer Class (medium, hex maniac, ect.)

Member List:
    Spoiler:

Current Topic: Why are ghost types under rated?

Past topics:
    Spoiler:

Adopt a ghost type! (On hold for a bit)
    Spoiler:

Teams:
    Spoiler:

Bill's PC: COMING SOON!

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Do you wanna use my clubs' campaign system? :P Hahahaha~ XD

I'm joining, because clubs need loving and support!! (:

Your nickname: Sun
    - Reason for joining the club: While the Ghost-type isn't my most favorite. I have favorites like the Litwick and Duskull line!~
    - Answer to a topic: It's a tie between the Litwick and Duskull line, but I'm highlighting my answer on Duskull, because:
    • Duskull is the reason why I love Ghost-type;
    • Dusknoir and Dusclops are powerful;
    • They are used by Phoebe, one of my all-time favorite Elite Four.
    Do they have to be Ghost-type related? XD I just can't see myself acting as a Medium or Hex Maniac. XD If Psychic is allowed, due to the trainer class using Ghost-types in some occasions, then Psychic for me please. XD

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Do you wanna use my clubs' campaign system? :P Hahahaha~ XD

I'm joining, because clubs need loving and support!! (:

Your nickname: Sun
    - Reason for joining the club: While the Ghost-type isn't my most favorite. I have favorites like the Litwick and Duskull line!~
    - Answer to a topic: It's a tie between the Litwick and Duskull line, but I'm highlighting my answer on Duskull, because:
    • Duskull is the reason why I love Ghost-type;
    • Dusknoir and Dusclops are powerful;
    • They are used by Phoebe, one of my all-time favorite Elite Four.
    Do they have to be Ghost-type related? XD I just can't see myself acting as a Medium or Hex Maniac. XD If Psychic is allowed, due to the trainer class using Ghost-types in some occasions, then Psychic for me please. XD

Great! welcome to the club. psycic is fine, medium and hex are just the ones that came to mind. Your egg will hatch into duskull.
    Anyway, I guess I should do one.
    - Your nickname: Mudkip
    - Your Ghost-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Please check the available partners first, not all Ghost-Pokémon are available from the beginning. COMING SOON!!!
    I guess I'll take a gastly.
    - Reason for joining the club: I made it :p
    - Answer to a topic:duskull or gastly.
    Ill be a breeder M

Reactions: Sun

Killua

Reason for joining the club: I was always a fan of ghost pokes , and I love the design and their imunitty to normal and fighting.
    - Answer to a topic: hmmmm I think gastly and his evolution line and sableye
    -Trainer Class (medium, hex maniac, ect.) scientist

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Reason for joining the club: I was always a fan of ghost pokes , and I love the design and their imunitty to normal and fighting.

Hello Absol!!! I'm glad to see you around and welcome to this newly established club, of course! Do you like Mega Gengar and Mega Sableye too? Why or why not?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Your nickname: Spooxy
    Reason for joining the club: Because, ghosts are strange creatures, plus my favorite Elite Four Member uses this type (Shauntal).
    Answer to a topic:
    Which Ghost-type is your favorite? Why?

The most adorable ghost of all time, of course. Phantump! I simply like its design overall.
    Trainer Class: Psychic (in case you haven't known, they use Ghost-types too)

Yeah. Go Ghosts!

Killua

Hello Absol!!! I'm glad to see you around and welcome to this newly established club, of course! Do you like Mega Gengar and Mega Sableye too? Why or why not?

Hey bro, great to see you. I love their Megas, even if the design of M sableye is not the best, i love that tey gave him the status boost that he needed to be one of the strongest pokes around, and M gengar is just incredible, baton pass a substitute to him while he mega evolves, the enemy changes to its counter, substitute allows it to nasty plot while enduring the hit, focus sash allows it to nasty plot again, then you can defeat anyone with nasty plot gengar max speed/sp attack.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023

Your nickname: Spooxy
    Reason for joining the club: Because, ghosts are strange creatures, plus my favorite Elite Four Member uses this type (Shauntal).
    Answer to a topic:
    Which Ghost-type is your favorite? Why?

The most adorable ghost of all time, of course. Phantump! I simply like its design overall.
    Trainer Class: Psychic (in case you haven't known, they use Ghost-types too)

Yeah. Go Ghosts!

Great!

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Your nickname: Duskburn
    Reason for joining the club: Cuz ya know, why not? Hehe Nah I love Ghost types! They're my favorite and 2nd to it is dark types! :D
    Answer to a topic:
    Which Ghost-type is your favorite? Why? My favorite Ghost type would have to beeeeeeeee...... Rotom and Litwik ! ^_^ I'm sorry but I can't help but choose both because they're just soooo cute and always help me out when it comes to battles ! Litwik is even where the nickname Duskburn came along for me (/.^) It sounds silly but hehe that's the power of Litwik for ya c: And rotom has been my fave since I found it hiding in the tv since Platinum (/.^)

Trainer Class: I'm a Pokemon Ranger (^.^) It may not be Ghost related but my partner Pokemon would have to be a Sableye c:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023

Your egg is hatching into:
    Duskull!

My egg hatched into: Gastly!

Killua

So... I know that I didn´t even received the egg yest, but with this post my egg whatever it is is hatching, so yuppiiiiiii.

Adam Levine

Years
    Mega Gengar's kind of Über, so I don't really use it. But it's really cool. It's just the third eye.

Mega Sableye is a different story. Even with the massive speed drop, it's very usable. I just trolled two people and they quit when I used it. And the design...Just marvelous.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Hey bro, great to see you. I love their Megas, even if the design of M sableye is not the best, i love that tey gave him the status boost that he needed to be one of the strongest pokes around, and M gengar is just incredible, baton pass a substitute to him while he mega evolves, the enemy changes to its counter, substitute allows it to nasty plot while enduring the hit, focus sash allows it to nasty plot again, then you can defeat anyone with nasty plot gengar max speed/sp attack.

But you can't Focus Sash with a M-Gengar! XD

Your nickname: Duskburn
    Reason for joining the club: Cuz ya know, why not? Hehe Nah I love Ghost types! They're my favorite and 2nd to it is dark types! :D
    Answer to a topic:
    Which Ghost-type is your favorite? Why? My favorite Ghost type would have to beeeeeeeee...... Rotom and Litwik ! ^_^ I'm sorry but I can't help but choose both because they're just soooo cute and always help me out when it comes to battles ! Litwik is even where the nickname Duskburn came along for me (/.^) It sounds silly but hehe that's the power of Litwik for ya c: And rotom has been my fave since I found it hiding in the tv since Platinum (/.^)

Trainer Class: I'm a Pokemon Ranger (^.^) It may not be Ghost related but my partner Pokemon would have to be a Sableye c:

Hello, Duskburn! Welcome to this newly established club, we are talking about M-Sableye and M-Gengar, which are Mega Evolutions of Pokemon that are related to Absol!!!'s favorites!

Mega Gengar's kind of Über, so I don't really use it. But it's really cool. It's just the third eye.

Mega Sableye is a different story. Even with the massive speed drop, it's very usable. I just trolled two people and they quit when I used it. And the design...Just marvelous.

While not a competitive battler, I do notice that M-Sableye requires tactic in order to pull it off. (: If you have the intellect, it never hurts to try! (:

Killua

Oh, I forgot (facepalm) I never really used it with focus sash, I just noticed that it would be useful while i was writing, but back to the topic, i use a lot M sableye in triple battles, its amazing typing really helps a lot since in triple battles it is not that common to find a good offensive fairy poke in triples.

Adam Levine

Years
    Mind if I make a topic here?
    In what way do you think Ghost-types are underrated?

In my opinion, Ghosts have a decent Special Attack, but there's almost no good STAB they can get. In fact, the only Ghost moves with 100+ base power are Hex (you also need to inflict a status effect on it), and Shadow Force, both of which are kinda bad moves because there are moments where you have to Will-o-wisp or Toxic the opponent, losing one turn, and the latter can be used by only one Pokémon, Giratina. Ghost-types are also some of the rarest Pokémon (tied with Ice), so it's hard to find a good non-Über Ghost if you aren't a fan of using Gengar.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Mind if I make a topic here?
    In what way do you think Ghost-types are underrated?

In my opinion, Ghosts have a decent Special Attack, but there's almost no good STAB they can get. In fact, the only Ghost moves with 100+ base power are Hex (you also need to inflict a status effect on it), and Shadow Force, both of which are kinda bad moves because there are moments where you have to Will-o-wisp or Toxic the opponent, losing one term, and the latter can be used by only one Pokémon, Giratina. Ghost-types are also some of the rarest Pokémon (tied with Ice), so it's hard to find a good non-Über Ghost if you aren't a fan of using Gengar.

They aren't that bad. I think their decent to relatively high offensive stat are to compensate the lack of real 100 base power moves. (:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    So... I know that I didn?t even received the egg yest, but with this post my egg whatever it is is hatching, so yuppiiiiiii.

Whoops, sorry. I'll update the list.

Anyway, ghost types are under rated. I think some of them are cute :D
    Also some great options.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    sorry for the double post, but we need a new topic, this one is dead.
    What type(s) should they focus more on in future generations.

For me, I say ghost, dark, and Ice, as they have some of the fewest.

Killua

I think ice and a new type to conter fairy and a update in the type chart for ghost and dark since they have less advantages than most of the other types

Last edited:

Adam Levine

Years
    Ghost obviously needs a buff. It's only strong against two types, and even though it's now normally effective against Steel, it needs something else. Another move beyond 100 base power.
    Even though this seems a little out of topic, Poison needs some focus too. It's been a while since we've ever gotten a Poison move like Gunk Shot. Like Ghost, it needs more types weak against it. How about bringing back its super effectiveness against Bug?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back