• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Yesterday I pulled my 5th Archie full art and my 6th Trevenant full art from a couple 3 packs, also got a couple Hoenn tins, with no luck pulling the 3 cards I'm missing I thought about buying a second Primal Clash booster box then decided it was a better idea to just buy the cards. At least if I buy Gardevoir Full art I will be less likely to get a miscut card with white spots all over the back like a majority of the full arts you pull in packs are nowadays. Plus I just doubt I'll ever pull it, I honestly think this card will end up costing over 1,000 dollars to pull and it isn't worth the trouble. I mean if I can pull 6 Trevenant fas, 5 M Gardevoir fas, 5 Birch fas and 5 Archie fas and only 1 Camerupt ex, seriously I've pulled 8 Aggron ex's, 11 if you count full arts and only 1 Camerupt ex, reg or full art.....I think it times to give up. It's kind of funny that this card is my most wanted card from the set, probably any set and it was impossible to pull.

Years
Yesterday I pulled my 5th Archie full art and my 6th Trevenant full art from a couple 3 packs, also got a couple Hoenn tins, with no luck pulling the 3 cards I'm missing I thought about buying a second Primal Clash booster box then decided it was a better idea to just buy the cards. At least if I buy Gardevoir Full art I will be less likely to get a miscut card with white spots all over the back like a majority of the full arts you pull in packs are nowadays. Plus I just doubt I'll ever pull it, I honestly think this card will end up costing over 1,000 dollars to pull and it isn't worth the trouble. I mean if I can pull 6 Trevenant fas, 5 M Gardevoir fas, 5 Birch fas and 5 Archie fas and only 1 Camerupt ex, seriously I've pulled 8 Aggron ex's, 11 if you count full arts and only 1 Camerupt ex, reg or full art.....I think it times to give up. It's kind of funny that this card is my most wanted card from the set, probably any set and it was impossible to pull.

Rares are probably distributed unevenly by region.

I do still have a couple boxes that I don't feel like opening yet, though. One's a Roaring Skies ETB and the other is a Mega Absol EX collection, so I'll see if I pull anything from those.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
I participated in my first pre-release event and pulled amazing cards...I had a hard time what to think of my luck.
I play mainly on PTCGO because I need to save my money, but I wanted my little brother to have fun, so I decided to participate with him. (I'm really glad that the place where it held costs $25, I heard other places cost $30, whew).

Spoiler:

This was my first time attending Pokemon event, so I was a nervous if I was doing correctly or not...also, my little brother had amazing luck as well!
Although they were all regulars, he pulled Lugia EX and Machamp EX from the 6 packs and won all 3 swiss rounds, haha. And at the draft, he pulled Sceptile EX, but he lost at the first round.
From the several booster boxes they used, it looks like nobody else got the secret rare. Interestingly all trio of shiny primal Kyogre & Groudon and Mega Rayquaza appeared from that event.

Basically, my first event...or even a first (six plus 7) booster packs with awesome results!

Years
Sounds like you had quite a bit of fun!

ANyway, I finally got around to opening my Mega Absol EX collection box. Aside from the Absol EX, M Absol EX, and jumbo M Absol EX, it also came with a Mega Absol coin and a Mega Absol pin. Inside the packs were the following:

Phantom Forces Pack 1: reverse holo Chandelure, Leavanny, Enhanced Hammer
Phantom Forces Pack 2: Diggersby, Gengar Spirit Link
Roaring Skies Pack 1: reverse holo Klefki, Unfezant, Wide Lens
Roaring Skies Pack 2: Beautifly, Gallade Spirit Link, Double Dragon Energy
Primal Clash Pack 1: Walrein
Primal Clash Pack 2: Rhyperior, Professor Birch's Observations

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
My Gardevoir Full Art, Camerupt Full Art and Weakness Policy as well as Malamar Ex all arrived in the mail. Unfortunately the Kyurem Full Art was lost in the mail so the company I ordered from refunded the money and offered another card to equal value so I will be looking for a Dusknoir Secret Rare in the mail. I also have some bcbms I ordered back with the Winona and Ltc cards, Chandelure Ex and Gallade ex coming in the mail maybe tomorrow.

Since I've had little luck with Ancient Origins so far I'm not planning to open any more packs from this set until I can open a booster box which I won't be able to order until Friday or later. This would be my first English booster box since I opened a Primal Clash box back in February.

Last edited:

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
Years
Got my three Hoenn Power Tins today!!!
Sceptile, Swampert and Blaziken :)
Got the three main as EX's, and I got a very cool haul with the tins! Woop
I pulled a Mega Gardevoir EX, a Hydreigon EX, an Articuno Full Art, a Natu Full Art, and an Escalivurr Full Art ^^ Very pleased with these cards...I have a quite a few Tins from over the years: I have a Mewtwo, a Dialga, a Giratina, a Shaymin, a Regigigas, an Entei, Raikou and Suicune, a Blastoise, a Chesnaught, Greninja and Delphox...and now these!!! I love getting the tins and the deluxe collection boxes especially :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I bought another Ancient Origins etb, this one contained a Trainers' Mail and a Machamp Ex. I also got a M Charizard X ex in a Delphox tin and I got An Ampharos ex in a 3 pack. I decided to try Target out instead of Walmart and had better luck. I really want to get a booster case of Ancient Origins but that will have to wait about a month.The reason being I'm seeing a lot of 4 ex booster boxes and I think a case would be really fun to open. Plus you have better pull ratios. And it would be cheaper in the long run. Plus I'm hearing about booster box weighing which is crazy, a case would be safer. Unfortunately I don't see any on Amazon so will have to get it from a store.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Today I bought another Ancient Origins etb, this one contained a Trainers' Mail and a Machamp Ex. I also got a M Charizard X ex in a Delphox tin and I got An Ampharos ex in a 3 pack. I decided to try Target out instead of Walmart and had better luck. I really want to get a booster case of Ancient Origins but that will have to wait about a month.The reason being I'm seeing a lot of 4 ex booster boxes and I think a case would be really fun to open. Plus you have better pull ratios. And it would be cheaper in the long run. Plus I'm hearing about booster box weighing which is crazy, a case would be safer. Unfortunately I don't see any on Amazon so will have to get it from a store.

i got an ETB and pulled a FA Kyogre, but nothing else of note. I leaning towards just BCBM and opening 1-2 boosters nowadays.

: /

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I got a Charizard ex box today to see if I could pull the Mega Kangaskhan gold card.
The box had a Full Art Magnezone and a Florges Holo so the hunt continues.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Birthday Haul!!!!

Legendary Holo Collection :)
Spoiler:

WOTC Cards by mail :)
Spoiler:

Ancient Origins ETB : /, I ended up getting all of the FA by mail from ebay.

Spoiler:

Years
Just opened my first ETB, Ancient Origins. Pulled a Hoopa EX!

Others worth mentioning:
Entei
Holo Ancient Traits Gyrados
Gyrados x2
Metagross
Claydoll

Reverse holos:
Vileplume
Ampharos Spirit Link
Virizion
Larvesta
Gloom
Unknown
Golett
Inkay
Ralts

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I opened 9 packs, 3 Ancient Origins, 4 Flashfire and 2 Plasma Storm.

I pulled the gold, full art Mega Rayquaza , a M Charizard Y ex and a Volcarona Holo, I also pulled a Startling Megaphone rev which is the last rev trainer I needed from Flashfire. Other revs included Lysandre, Entei non atc, Vespiquen 10 and Ultra Ball. So with 3 holos in 9 packs, the pull ratios were on point. And that Rayquaza is my first full art from AO.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I bought some single packs of Flashfire, Plasma Storm awhile back and opened all but a few, I saved a few and have been opening one a day, the second to last Storm pack I opened had a Full Art Colress.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
So today I went to Meijers to get the Shiny Rayquaza pin blister. So far almost all of the Ancient Origins promos/pins packs have garnered nothing besides holos and a few regular exs. Aside from a second etb which had a Trainers' Mail and 3 single packs that had the Rayquaza. It, plus the 4 ex boxes I've seen on youtube is why I want to get a case of this set.

Anyways I got the pin blister, it was 15.99 which is crazy overpriced, it had a holo so wasn't surprised, I bought it for pin. I saw a Krookodile box which had 2 Flashfire packs in it and an Ancient Power Box. Since my X Charizard and Y Charizard secret rares both came in 3 packs and with an additional full art I've been trying to see if I can have the same luck with a Kangaskhan secret rare since thats the last card i need from Flashfire. I also had a gut feeling with them, which usually brings good luck. Anyways the Krookodile box contained a Lysandre full art, and the Ancient Power Box had a Mega Charizard Y ex, I can't seem to stop pulling these, I have 10 of the X version, this is my 4th Y version. All together i have 16 M Charizards. Which is good since they are like 30 bucks each. The box also contained a full art Korrina and a Blaziken holo just for the icing and cherry on top. When I pulled the Blaziken first I figured that was it since you usually only get 1 holo in a promo box , if you get one. i feel like the multi ex promo boxes and 3 packs are very rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back