• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    I feel like I need to steal some of Maserati's pack luck to start pulling good things again. Before Espeon EX, it was a pretty long lull between full arts for me.

Opened a Fates Collide blister with a Gastly XY132 promo in it.

Physical Pack: Mothim, Chaos Tower

TCGO Pack: Zygarde, Reuniclus, Ultra Ball, Energy Reset

I've literally never, never gotten a good pull from BreakThrough. My pull luck with it is awful

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I guess the luck doesn't stop. Went to a couple Dollar tree's yesterday. The second one had gotten a box of Roaring Skies in. The box was empty but there was 4 packs laying around on the shelf and 3 Ancient Origins.

Ended up pulling a Shaymin Ex and a Gallade Ex. It's literally crazy.

Years
  • Opened a Double Crisis pack today.

Pack 1: reverse holo Team Magma's Aggron, Team Aqua's Sharpedo, Team Magma's Great Ball, Team Magma Admin
    Pack 2: Team Aqua's Walrein, Team Magma's Great Ball, Team Aqua Admin
    Pack 3: reverse holo Team Aqua Admin, Full Art Team Aqua's Kyogre EX, Team Magma's Secret Base, Team Aqua's Great Ball
    Pack 4: Team Aqua's Walrein, Team Aqua's Secret Base, Team Magma's Great Ball

TCGO Pack 1: Team Aqua's Sharpedo, reverse holo Team Magma's Great Ball, Team Aqua Admin, Team Magma Grunt
    TCGO Pack 2: Team Magma's Camerupt, reverse holo Double Aqua Energy, Team Aqua Grunt, Double Magma Energy
    TCGO Pack 3: Team Magma's Claydol, Team Magma's Great Ball, Team Magma Admin
    TCGO Pack 4: Team Magma's Claydol, Team Magma's Secret Base, Team Aqua's Secret Base

Also got a free Roaring Skies pack as today's sign-in bonus there:
    Absol, reverse holo Wide Lens, Mega Turbo, Switch

The Full Art was a nice surprise.

I've literally never, never gotten a good pull from BreakThrough. My pull luck with it is awful

I've yet to have a set that bad when I've been actively buying packs of it. Maybe for sets I've only bought a limited amount from, but not if I've been actively buying from the set.

I guess the luck doesn't stop. Went to a couple Dollar tree's yesterday. The second one had gotten a box of Roaring Skies in. The box was empty but there was 4 packs laying around on the shelf and 3 Ancient Origins.

Ended up pulling a Shaymin Ex and a Gallade Ex. It's literally crazy.

DUDE. You are clearly a wizard manipulating packs for luck. Gotta be the only way to explain your crazy pack luck.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Steam Siege? More like Santa Claus, and the set that keeps on giving.

I bought a Pikachu Tin and a Magearna Tin today. I only bought two because they were 21.99 at Meijers. The Pikachu tin had the Steam Siege Gardevoir Full Art. It's actually the first non mega Gardevoir full art I've ever pulled. Now I'm only missing 8 cards from the set.

Yanmega 7/114
    Amoongus 13/114
    Gastrodon 29/114
    Hoopa 51/114
    M Gardevoir Ex 79/114
    Kleki 80/114
    Xerneas 81/114
    Volcanion 115/114

It'd be cool if someone got both Gardevoir full arts in one tin.
    The Magearna just had a holo Flygon from a Primal Clash which is better then nothing but is a little disappointing. But I mean the Gardevoir full art is beautiful, it would have been cool if it was shiny as well to make it different from the first one. But on the other hand if it was then Steelix would also have to be shiny and I prefer the non shiny Steelix for a full art. I will miss Ryo Ueda's artwork when the Sun and Moon sets release since they are unfortunately doing away with the gorgeous textured full arts. To be honest I haven't decided yet if I'm going to continue collecting cards after the Base Set reprint set since I'm not a fan of the GX cards design. On the flip side I might try and get a case of the next set.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Recent pulls

Flareon EX (gen)
    Genger (Gen)
    Kyurem EX (Anc.)
    Gyarados EX SR (BP)
    Suicune (BP)

And a bunch of useful little bits

pretty cool pulls for once

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I opened a couple Steam Siege 3 pack blisters today. I pulled a second Gardevoir SR.

Edit 10/7/16 I opened 4 of the clearance $9.98 blisters from Walmart as well as 2 Keldeo boxes and a Keldeo tin. The Keldeo Tin had 2 Furious Fists packs, 1 Flashfire and 1 Plasma Blast.

The 4 blisters had a Wailord Full Art, a Latios Full Art from Roaring Skies and some holos.
    The tin had a Dragonite Ex and a Carbink Holo

The Keldeo boxes had 2 Sylveon Ex, 1 Articuno Full Art, a Raichu Holo and the first box had 2 reverse energies, Grass and Fighting,which was pretty awesome.

I guess the most interesting thing was the fact both full arts I pulled I had only ever pulled once before, and they were in booster boxes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Well I can't seem to stop pulling ultra rares, or secret rares for that matter. It's like they're drawn to me or something.

Went to Toys r Us and price matched Walmart for the Kalos starter figure boxes, got 4.

I ended up pulling a full art Celebi and the secret rare Altaria. Figures I bought the Altaria awhile back. I mean it's still a secret rare. I think that's my 4th full art Celebi, I still need full art Keldeo and Black Kyurem.

I also got a couple holos, including a pack where the first 7 cards had a slice in the top of them. It was the Dragons Exalted pack so I thank my lucky stars the rare wasn't a shiny Rayquaza... It was a holo Garbodor however.

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
    Years
  • So I'm the happiest person alive right now

Let me go cry tears of joy for my first awesome pull in 10 packs.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2016
    Hi guys
    New member from Belgium ^^
    So i'm really new into pokémon (about+- 14 years ago sinds i bought a booster pack i think)

So i suddenly got the need and taste for collecting them again.
    First order:

And those are the pulls i got

Booster box 1

booster box 2

And booster box 3

and last pic my 2 Mewtwo cards :)

pics are from september but anyway

*edit* damn sorry for oversized pics.
    Will fix it next time.

Years
  • Opened a Steam Siege blister pack with an XY140 Lucario promo.

Physical Pack; Armaldo
    TCGO Pack: Yanmega, Captivating Poké Puff, Pokémon Ranger

A bit disappointing on the physical side, but the Yanmega in the TCGO was nice.

Years
  • I opened a bunch of 20th anniversary stuff with my Fiancée and friend and decided to make a little video on it. I pulled 2 Ninetails Ex, mega venasaur, full art flareon(RC), a holo energy.

Heres the video if you wanna check it out - Video

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Pulled a FA Skyla, Max Elixir, and rev Suicune from the same pack yesterday, pretty chuffed!

RocketGrunt1337

RocketGrunt1337
    Years
  • Opening up a Fates Collide booster box later today. Hoping to get either the Umbreon or Glaceon Full Arts. The Mega Alakazam Full art would be nice as well. Opened a Pikachu Battle Heart TIn yesterday and got a Aggron EX, only like a 2 or 3 dollar card though, so kinda disappointing.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Omg look what I pulled from a base set booster pack! This version of gyarados is not even supposed to exists! I have it up on eBay already ! Check it out! Search gyarados gold holo base. The holo is altered and is a intimately rare version of the card!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Of-3-IN-...101225?hash=item33c10bb1e9:g:Dv8AAOSwYIxYAUCb Is this your listing?

This seems incredibly, incredibly fake to me. Not only have I never heard of a "gold gyarados" in over 18 years of collecting and playing and selling but the card in the image looks like somebody just literally defaced the card with gold ink. Why would the out of place gold, textured "printing" be over the backdrop? Why would there be a slight gaps and rough edges around Gyarados's outline? Why would an original card/character artist in Japan receive a lazily covered up print of an otherwise normal card from an American company that simply translated and republished Japanese cards to the west? And why would said gift end up in a random booster pack?

EDIT: The set number is also stupidly big, so not only is it an edited card, it looks like its an edited fake

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    So I went to an Evolutions pre-release on Saturday night. My best pull was in my 3 bonus packs with a full art M Venusaur EX.

Sweet deal, I got absolute peanuts on my Sat pre-release, my Sunday one however bestowed me with full art M-Charizard and a Starmie Break

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I opened some three packs from Walmart, got full arts of Steven and Primal Groudon and Kyurem Ex and a holo Gyarados.

Was happy to see the Primal Groudon full art was in pretty good condition, the last couple had white spots on the back or were faded.

Years
  • Sweet deal, I got absolute peanuts on my Sat pre-release, my Sunday one however bestowed me with full art M-Charizard and a Starmie Break

Everything else was functionally peanuts for me, haha.

I also just remembered that while I was at that shop, I bought 4 singles there:

FA Winona, FA Steven, FA Sylveon EX (Radiant Collection 2), and normal Sylveon EX (Radiant Collection 2).

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    My Evolutions case arrived today, I opened the first box and here's what I got.

I got 4 SR's, Flying Pikachu, Surfing Pikachu, Here Comes Team Rocket and Exeggcutor
    I got 2 FA's, Dragonite and Dragonite...:( Why full art duplicates in a single box?
    I got 5 ex's, Venusaur, M Venusaur, Dragonite, Charizard and M Slowbro
    I got 2 Break's, Machamp and Starmie
    I got 5 holos, Clefairy, Mew, Zapdos, Magneton and Ninetales, Ninetales was in the last pack along with a reverse Fairy Energy, the only Fairy Energy in the box.

I also got quite a few non holo rares, 4 Starmie + 1 Rev, 3 Dugtrio + 2 Revs, 3 Farfetch'd + 1 Rev, 3 Raticate + 1 Rev, 3 Mewtwo, 2 Beedrill, 2 Dewgong, 2 Arcanine

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back