• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Boring conversations

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • Sports. I cannot pretend be interested or passionate or anything. I just do not enjoy it and it shows.

Not really a topic, but if I'm talking to someone I'm not fond of for whatever reason, the conversation is going to be pretty flat

Small talk and gossip are endlessly boring to me.
    I dunno. I like small talk. I think it shows interest and that you care. And it can lead to other conversations

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Haha, designated driver. I especially need one because I never got my licence (going from the city of Boston to the country area of Pullman)

anything in the D&D

Small talk and gossip are endlessly boring to me. I really don't care what someone's half brother's uncle is doing. Babies are also boring to talk about, but Babbys are okay.

Alright so DD is settled you got me, what's a babby now?

Years
  • I think I'm like everyone else here: sports. I do not care. I like to play sport but I cannot stand watching it or talking about it.
    I also don't like non-stop talk about games I'm not interested in, like WoW.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Small Talk, sports, politics to an extend and basically anything that doesn't make me think. I don't know why, but whenever somebody tries to do some Small Talk with me, I just feel stupid and don't know how to answer, because the answers seem so trivial to me (although it's a good way to catch me off guard, I suppose).

Years
  • Celebrities. When ever people around me are talking about what/who x is doing in hollywood or anything of the sort, I just leave. Fashion, as well. It's amazingly boring and also can get quite obnoxious at times.

Years
  • i guess i would say nothing bores me more than when someone starts talking about video games that i don't like haha

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
  • I ignore my friend that talks about cars sometimes. I don't really get anything about cars. If i'm with him in a car, i'll just try to stare out the window as much as I can and mute him from my mind. :)

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • I ignore my friend that talks about cars sometimes. I don't really get anything about cars. If i'm with him in a car, i'll just try to stare out the window as much as I can and mute him from my mind. :)

I think that's really rude. But that's none of my business anyway!

Years
  • Basic small talk is often quite dull, especially after the standard, "so do you study? What do you want to be?" questions. Also, sports talk or, as mentioned before me, anything about cars. Words do not express how little I care about which sports team did what and how muscly and hot they are and how cars do their thing where they drive because engine and wheels. Not that there is anything inherently wrong with being interested in those things, but I just find them dull.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I also don't care for cars at all, I avoid all conversation about it, usually. I also don't care for sports, I only talk about it when there is something humorous happening in the business.

Sir Codin

American football. Sports in general, but I'd rather gargle a bucket of feces than listen to someone talk about American Football.

Years
  • American football. Sports in general, but I'd rather gargle a bucket of feces than listen to someone talk about American Football.

Living in Australia grants me the gift of never having American Football brought up unless it's to ridicule. Because it's a sport called football where they run/carry the ball with their hands.

Football.

Key word: foot.

Years
  • Sport, definitely sport. I don't like watching it, so listening to someone talk about it is even worse. Plus I know nothing about sport so I can't even reply 95% of the time without sounding stupid.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I hate small talk. Or maybe I'm just not good at it. Either way, I prefer conversations that have actual value to them. Let's just say that if its me and you on an 8 hour drive somewhere be prepared for a very boring/quiet car ride.

Back