• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Born This Way tops iTunes in 22 countries

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Aside from having the fastest selling debut on (US) iTunes ever in 3 hours, Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' has just broken another record. The song has reached #1 on the iTunes charts in twenty-two countries in just twenty-four hours! More exciting records expected to be broken soon!

What do you think of Born This Way?

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm probably going to get a bunch of hate for this, but I really don't think it's THAT great. I like her other songs like Bad Romance, Alejandro, and Poker Face better. Who knows, it might grow on me eventually, but as of right now i'm really not feeling it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm probably going to get a bunch of hate for this, but I really don't think it's THAT great. I like her other songs like Bad Romance, Alejandro, and Poker Face better. Who knows, it might grow on me eventually, but as of right now i'm really not feeling it.
    Same here. :( I made a point of listening to it fairly quickly after I got up today (wasn't gonna stay up to hear it) and I was pretty disappointed considering all the hype that led up to its release.

Ah well.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I wasn't impressed with the song either. :/ Given the massive hype it got leading to today, I thought it was actually kind of a letdown.

KitKat13

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I still think the lyrics are very cheesy, but it's a good track, good melody, definitely getting a MAJOR 80s vibe from this. I can see the Madonna comparisons. I don't think this is as strong as Bad Romance or even most of the songs on The Fame Monster, but it's pretty decent and I'm sure it'll be a hit. She did well with including a little more of a 'message' to her music while still maintaining the dance sound that made her popular in the first place. It's not groundbreaking, but it's solid. I do like that it's a little different than the current dance trend on CHR radio.

And just wow at the radio updates. This will be top 10, even top 5 in no time.
    And Billboard is expecting it to debut at 1 in Hot 100.

In all seriousness, I think this will do as the first single, but I do hope there are better songs on the cd. I think there will be especially since this wasn't even slated as the first single. It is still fun seeing her dominate the HELL out of the world though ha ha.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't really like it. The song seems like it's meant to be inspirational, and with all the Gagaisms (like voiceovers at the start etc) in there and how the song sounds itself, it's just... weird. :(

Lyrics are okay, though.

KitKat13

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Spoiler:

Gaga, slaying records. :)

I'm really looking forward on her Grammy Performance.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I think the lyrics were amazing, but I kinda have mixed feelings with the sound in general. But overall it's a great song in my honest opinion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I love it. I actually bought in on iTunes... I've never done that before! But I had to support Gaga. <3 It has managed to lift my mood during an awful week for me that included two death anniversaries, and I wish I could thank Gaga personally for writing it, because as cheesy as it is, it's doing it's job. Born to slay, indeed! <3

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Spoiler:

Gaga, slaying records. :)

I'm really looking forward on her Grammy Performance.

And that image just proves how dismal the music charts are...I've never really like Lady Gaga, but even I thought this was disappointing considering all the hype. A bit like most good things - over-hyped so much that it can never live up to our expectations.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    I adore Gaga and am so happy that she's broken so many records <3 I like the song but it is not my favourite by a long shot and I was slightly disappointed what with all the hype surrounding it.

Years
  • Compare this song to songs like Firework and We R Who We R. Its so much better and I don't think the lyrics are cheesy at all. Your fav's could never

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    This album could not have come out at a better time, to be quite frank. Look at the drab music the idustry is dishing out, it's no surprise Gaga managed to get to the top. Gaga is doing for this generation what Madonna did for hers, she was bound to slay the rather sub-par pop music of today, regardless of how good or bad her newest album is.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I love GaGa but this song hasnt moved me and it reminded me of Express Yourself before I knew that's what it reminded me of...

KitKat13

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Lady Gaga officially announced Born This Way became the 1000th song to top the Billboard Hot 100. We're not sure yet, but the queen herself confirmed it. :)

Way to go, Gaga! just 3 days of airplay omg. mother slayer, godga.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This song pulls me out of the gutter and makes me feel like a superstar when I look like a crapfest. Thank you, Lady Gaga.

I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive.

Back