• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Boufallant, what a pain to take down.

Tough or not?

• Yeah...

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Nah...

Votes: 29 53.7%

• Total voters

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
Years
  • I didn't have any troubles with it, tbqh. ;;

It takes a few turns to take it down, but I'm always stocked with Full Restores and whatnot.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I definitely got annoyed with its Head Charge, especially since my team didn't consist of any fighting types during the time I was heading towards the Elite Four. :( Now that I'm training a new team to challenge the E4 a second time around, I have Scrafty's help for them. 8)

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Get a Srafty. At level 74 it beat it in one hit with brick break. Could probably have done it lower if I kept hi jump kick.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • As long as you have one Pokemon that is faster than it, he is pretty easy to beat. So I don't think he's tough in the wild or on in-game teams.

Years
  • Bouffallant is no more annoying than any other Pokémon with a heavy damaging recoil-inducing attacking move :/ I don't think I had much trouble against them in the wild before the Elite 4 mainly because I grinded off of Audinos instead. He was no problem when used by Ghetsis or Alder. As Yo Face Here said, I'm pretty stocked up on healing items in preparation for the worst as it is.

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
  • Bouffalant are useless against Ghost Types. Use a ghost type and you're pretty much home free. Everyone else who isn't fighting type (and some that are) will have a hard time with this bulky-mon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    I've never really had much trouble with Bouffalant because of Outrage with my Haxorus or if my Volcarona got a Sp. Atk boost from Fiery Dance from beating Accelgor, but even when my pokemon weren't lvl.100 I still don't remember having much trouble when using a rag-tag team of Druddigon, Serperior, and Hydreigon.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • His signature attack is a pain, but if you have a speedy fighting Pokemon (like Meinshao) he's not hard to take down at all. Jump Kick.

I agree. Of all of Alder's Pokemon, Bouffalant was the most difficult to defeat. Two of my Pokemon were killed by its Head Charge. And how did I defeat it? I sent out my Mienshao and defeated it with Hi Jump Kick.

Oh well, at least they give out good experience in the wild if you do manage to defeat it (not as good as Audino, but good in the very least).

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Step 2: Switch to scrafty
    Step 3: Proceed with the demolition

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I didn't really find it that hard to take out...
    I'm EV Training one by the way. :P

(Hopefully mine will be hard to take out)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    It's not necessarily that it has Head Charge, it is the fact that it has Sap Sipper. I seem to fall for that every time, when I go to use Sleep Powder or Stun Spore on it.
    Errr good to know this, because I would have fallen for that as well otherwise o_o. Reading all this I'm actually looking forward to face it. I'm not at that point yet because I'm building a team with my friend, which takes a lot of time (EV training, nature/ability breeding, etc).

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Bouffallant uses head charge;
    It doesn't affect Golurk........
    Golurk uses dynamic punch;
    It's super effective!!!
    bouffallant fainted!

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    For those of you saying 'take it down with a Fighting move', you should meet my Chople Berry Bouffalant. Gimmick? Sure. Effective? Definitely.

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012

>Mienshao
    >Aura Sphere/Drain Punch

I don't see the problem.

Back