• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Boy or Girl?

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
  • Male. I only every switch sexes if I'm playing through the game again, my first play throughs are always me playing as the male sex

Years
  • English OR: Girl, Emma (main game)
    Eng AS: Boy, Alex ((?) Not sure, using bf's name for now)
    Jap OR: Boy, don't know yet.
    Jap AS: Girl, Emma (Other main game)
    I always play as a girl called Emma in my main saves since I'm a girl and Emma is my name, then with spare saves I play as a boy and just pull a name out of thin air.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • I never got crystal(I had silver so i didn't get a new pokémon game) so in ruby i could choose a girl for the first time and i just loved the female's design. After that i never choose the female again just because I didn't like their design. But i will go for female again this time.

Years
  • As someone who has played as the girl basically every single time in Emerald... I actually think i'm gonna choose the boy for the file that i'll keep bred stuff on and go for completion, while i'll likely play as the girl for fun playthroughs.

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • I know I said I would be picking the girl but lately I've been digging Brandon's shorts so I don't know ANYMORE! XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It'll likely be May, as I'm a much bigger fan of her. Very used to her, as I've found myself constantly seeing her in anime back when Advanced Generation series was still airing (during then, I used to be a big follower of the show, but now, not so much), and in general, her character was great, and I found her to be pretty easy to get attached with. Although this does not relate to the games in any precise manner, it still does raise my likeness of this particular character. As far as name goes, I'll probably either keep her default one or go with Ashley, which is my real name; haven't fully decided yet, unfortunately.

I will definitely be playing-through with Brendan at some point, however! Perhaps in my second run.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    These kinds of situations are always very interesting. I've noticed that the older men of these communities in these games will often times pick the female characters, while the younger men tend to pick the male character of the game.
    Just a random thing that I've noticed with my friends, and how people I've met in other communities seem to react; which has always left me curious. My assumption is that people just prefer to play as something they aren't.

Moving on from my previous statement. My character of choice this game will be the female this time around as I played as the male character in the previous game. My choice alternate in each generation.

(All Generations before the Girls) Boy
    Crystal: Girl - Sapphire: Boy - Emerald: Girl
    Fire Red: Boy - Diamond: Girl - Platinum: Girl
    Soul Silver: Boy - Black: Boy - White 2: Girl
    X: Boy - Omega Ruby: Girl

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I will definitely choose to play as a girl, as always when this was made possible since Pokemon Crystal ^_^
    I am a girl myself, so this makes me somewhat feel more "connected" to my game :3

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I chose May, as I am female. I am very content with her new sprite, too! She was so ugly before, and now she's the cutest little stubby blob <3

Back