• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Braces Off!

Satelity

Funny The Way It Is
    Years
    I just got my braces off today, and wanted to post a thread about it.
    How many of you guys have braces, have them gotten off, or are expecting braces?
    My braces were a pain, and I'm relieved to have them taken off.

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
    Blah, I have to get them sometime this year. >.< I really don't want to, it seems like third and fourth graders and getting them these days, and I'll be nearly 15 and getting them, LOL.

Some people say they hurt, some say they don't sooo... I don't know what to expect. :x

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I had braces for um 2 years I think back when I was 16. Since my jaw continued growing after I got them taken off, I have to get braces again at the end of the month for a couple months.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    I have a friend with braces - he hates them. XD (Luckily, by the sounds of it) I've never had to have braces myself. ^^

Years
    I have a friend with braces - he hates them. XD (Luckily, by the sounds of it) I've never had to have braces myself. ^^

ya, and out of all my friends, i was the first, and for the whole time i had them, nobody else did. now, EVERYBODY has them. they like make this higher hiarchy of train tracks. i should be the king, but apparently im the waterboy.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Good for you getting your braces of:) i may have to get braces if 2 years.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Congratz on getting them off!! I've had braces for about a year now and honestly, I don't mind them at all! The only problem I have is when the wires come out the back and cut into my mouth >.< But I haven't had to get rubber bands yet so I think once I get those my experience will change quite a bit :/

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    lucky my teeth are straight so I don't have to worry about braces, but I do catch a lot of cavities which I had to get a lot of root canals and all four of my wisdoms taken out when I was 15 (they grew in early I guess)

:t354:TG

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Ew. Braces. I narrowly avoided getting them. My teeth are HUGE and I have an overbite, not to mention my bottom teeth overlap each other slightly. But the ornothologist said if I wanted to rid my overbite and the awkwardness of my bottom teeth, I could get braces. I happily popped out of my chair and said, "Nope! Let's go get some popcorn to celebrate!"

But congrats on getting them taken off. I'm sure they were a pain. My sister just got them this summer, and my brother will have to get them when he's older, too.

Years
    Well, I use to have an over bite and too small bottom jaw. So, near the beginning of grade 5 I got a top and a bottom retainer. I had that for about a year and then in grade 6 I got another top and bottom retainer, only with blocks on them so it could hold my mouth. I was suppost to have that for more than a year, but I only ended up having them for a few months. Then while I still had my second set of retainers I had to get elastics put between 4 teeth to get ready for braces. The day before I was getting my braces I broke a part of my top retanier. The next day I was getting braces, my mom told me I wasn't getting them, but I ended up getting them. The worst part I got my braces a few days before valentines day and was one of the only kids in grade 6 with them. Now Im in grade 7 and got them off in january. I got a metal bar put behind my 4 bottom teeth so my mouth wont mess up again, I have to have it for the rest of my life. Now I have to wear a top retainer for 3 years straight and the rest of my life when I sleep.

I had some pain because the woman putting in my braces forgot to cut off a metal bar so for a month I had metal sticking in my cheek. The rest was fine, exept for lots of drooling.

Most of you guys are lucky comparied to me. So when your getting braces, think about me and you wont feal as scared :P

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    People like to pester me to get braces but I don't want to because of the pain and loss of calcium. Besides, why should I suffer so that everyone else can see a better smile?

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Blah, I have to get them sometime this year. >.< I really don't want to, it seems like third and fourth graders and getting them these days, and I'll be nearly 15 and getting them, LOL.

Some people say they hurt, some say they don't sooo... I don't know what to expect. :x

T_T

Tell me about it.

Honestly, braces aren't that bad at all. They're annoying as all hell, I'll agree, but unless you have a chronic case, they're not that bad.

Can't wait to get them off =0

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Meh, got them in December 2006 or January 2007 (can't remember), had to wear a headgear for a few months (overbite fail x-x) in 2008 and getting them off in January 2010. I guess nothing too major.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    I'm getting my braces off in three weeks!! I've had them for four years now and I'm soooo happy to finally get them off! I probably would of had them off by now but my sister kept giving me the wrong dates for the orthodontist appointment so I missed like, four appointments so that sucked. -_-

Back