• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Braces?

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Do you have braces? Are you going to get braces? Do you want braces? Why? Some people say braces make someone look really bad, but others think it makes them more attractive. What are your views on that? If you have braces were you made fun of? Did they call you names (I.E. Train tracks, Zipper Lips)?

I do not have braces, and probably won't be getting any. I don't really think that I'd want them either. They'd just make me look more dorky. I think that certain people at my school do look better with braces, and some should just not ever open their mouth again. A few of my friends have braces, and we call one of 'em (or at least I do) train tracks, in a friendly manner of course.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    When I was little I wanted braces because everyone else had them, but I never got them. I've come to terms with that.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I have braces... everybody complains about them but I don't mind them that much.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I take really good care of my teeth, so I don't have braces and won't be needing them.
    Taking care of them has nothing to do with how they come in. If you don't take care of them, you still don't need braces because that doesn't cause them to get all confunkled. D:

I do not need braces. My teeth are perfectly straight. (b'')b However, since I have hypothyroidism they are in horrible condition due to malnutrition. Thus, even though I brush four times a day they are yellow and rotting.

I bleach them though. XD;

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    Until I had my braces, my teeth were all over the place. It took seven years of orthodontistry in order to straighten them- I actually only have three upper front teeth, but you'd never know. :3

Mine had multi-coloured bands- I was allowed to choose different colours whenever I went to have them altered. ^_^

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Until I had my braces, my teeth were all over the place. It took seven years of orthodontistry in order to straighten them- I actually only have three upper front teeth, but you'd never know. :3

Mine had multi-coloured bands- I was allowed to choose different colours whenever I went to have them altered. ^_^
    My friend has glow in the dark braces. it is pretty strange, yet funny because last year in Biology, when we used the Powerpoint/Overhead she would smile purposely so everyone could see her fantastic green face hole.

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
    Years
    never had Braces, never will. I do admit, some girls look hot in braces, whereas some dont. I wouldnt be able to judge guys with braces though.

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    I do so indeed have braces. Since October of 2006. D: I'm supposed to get them off soon, but they've been telling me that since spring 2008. XD;

I don't really mind them... I've become adaptive, I can work around all the quirks that make them annoying. But I do really want them off. T__T" Not because I hate them, just because its been so effing long. XD;

I don't think I ever really "wanted" them when I was a kid, either. But I never didn't "not want" them, either. O___O;

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
    How ironic.
    A few days ago, i visited my orthodontist.
    I had braces for four years. Got them off December 31st, 2008.
    A few days ago, was the worst news of my life.
    I have to get braces....AGAIN.
    The reason is because I have a tongue thrust.
    Sucks.
    They said 9 more months.
    Yep. Nine more months of misery.

Trust me. I never minded braces, but when you have HAD them taken off, then told you have to get them BACK ON, you'd be hating braces.

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    How ironic.
    A few days ago, i visited my orthodontist.
    I had braces for four years. Got them off December 31st, 2008.
    A few days ago, was the worst news of my life.
    I have to get braces....AGAIN.
    The reason is because I have a tongue thrust.
    Sucks.
    They said 9 more months.
    Yep. Nine more months of misery.

Trust me. I never minded braces, but when you have HAD them taken off, then told you have to get them BACK ON, you'd be hating braces.

1) You're orthodontist was doing LSD. 2) Your mouth was seriously EFFED up. o-o

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I hated having braces, but the retainers were worse. I sometimes dream that I'm still wearing them (the retainers). Horrible.

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
    I had braces 7th - the middle of 9th grade. So I had them for about 2 1/2 years.

I actually remember being REALLY excited and happy about getting them. But a week after having them ..I was pissed and wanted them OFF.

My teeth were so fricken crookid though. I had to have them. D:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Don't have braces, don't want braces, but I probably need them. Well, it's an option. Unfortunately, I might have to get them if my wisdom teeth mess up my bottom alignment. I have a bad overbite and my bottom teeth are awkward, but other than that, they're not necessary. I don't think they look dorky, either. I know some really pretty girls with braces and a few handsome fellas with them, too.

Patchy

-
    Years
    Yes, bottom braces. I got them in July and they're working well! :3

I'm on my third wire, I got it yesterday. Mine doesnt have elastics, its some type that works better and faster.

I'd hope I have them off by around January but thats a bit short. The amount of food that gets stuck in them...but some people say theyre hot. ;3

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I don't have braces nor do I want them, but I won't be surprised if I get them in the future. :/

My teeth are pretty good now but knowing myself I'll have to wear them eventually. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Last edited:

luxray_12

Loving the originals
    Years
    I have to get braces in three months time. Only on the top though. I currently have to wear a plate so that my teeth have room to move so the braces can be put on. It's not bothering me and I'm not worried about braces, practically all my friends have/had them.

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
    Years
    I had braces when I was little, the kind of braces that you wear a strap around your head wasn't sunshines, but I got through it. Nowadays I have mild bruxism and need to wear mouthguards when I go to bed, wich I really don't mind.
    Somepeople do look good with braces, especially older people. I have an uncle in his 40s that looks like he's 25.

Back