• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Branched Evolutions

Ayselipera

In the world of Pokemon there are only eleven families that have branched evolutions. These are Pokemon that can evolve usually only two different ways depending on various conditions. Although in some cases such as with the Eevee line an evolution of seven different ways is possible.

So my question is what is your favorite branched family and least favorite branched family? Also are there any other Pokemon you'd like to see have a branched evolution added on to it?

This link shows all eleven branched families.

As for the answer to my own question, my favorite would have to be the Oddish line, Vileplume being my favorite of the branched evolution. My least favorite on the other hand would be the Burmy line. I found both Wormadam and Mothim to be pretty boring Pokemon.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • My favourite branched evolution family, as the person above me also states, is Ralts. This is soley because Ralts is the only Pokémon that I've trained in the Video Games and achieved both evolution branches - Gardevior and Gallade.

I've also just recently noticed that Froslass was a branched evolution. I had always thought it was a Pokémon introduced in generation IV that had no evolutions or pre-evolutions.

Shows how much I still need to learn!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • My favorite branched evolution family is Kirlia into Gardevoir/Gallade (they're 2 of my favorite Pokemon). My least favorite branched evolution family would be Snorunt into Glalie and Froslass (because Froslass looks nothing like Snorunt).

Years
  • There was a thread about it... Whatever.

My personal favorite is the Tyrogue into Hitmonlee/chan/top. I like Hitmonlee especially.
    Secondo - Nincada -> Ninjask/Shedinja. One free slot and you can have Shedinja, I like him, not only for Wonder Guard...

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I like the Ralts family best, I don't really think of Shedinja as an evo of Nincada more like a freebie that you get when you evolve it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2011
    My favorite of all the branched families would have to be the poliwag line, mostly because of politoed. As for least favorite, I've never really liked burmy.

Ayselipera

Sorry, I haven't been on in a while so I don't know what topics have been thrown around. Although I did check all the way past July and didn't see anything similar.

I like the Ralts family best, I don't really think of Shedinja as an evo of Nincada more like a freebie that you get when you evolve it.

I have to agree with you on the Shedinja part. When I saw it listed in the branched evolutions group I wasn't completely buying it. I just don't consider it a branched evolution... more like a double evolution. If that makes sense. :/

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I like the Ralts line the most since both Gardevoir and Gallade are absolutely awesome.

My favorite branched evolution family is Kirlia into Gardevoir/Gallade (they're 2 of my favorite Pokemon). My least favorite branched evolution family would be Snorunt into Glalie and Froslass (because Froslass looks nothing like Snorunt).

And Glalie does?

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    i like the ralts family. it can go to either a psychic type or a fighting/psychic type

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • I've also just recently noticed that Froslass was a branched evolution. I had always thought it was a Pokémon introduced in generation IV that had no evolutions or pre-evolutions.

Me too! I actually knew from the beggining that it was a Snorunt evo, but I rarely ever remembered that Froslass had any evolution relatives at all. Personally, I think that it would have been better of as a solo pokemon.

As for the answer to my own question, my favorite would have to be the Oddish line, Vileplume being my favorite of the branched evolution. My least favorite on the other hand would be the Burmy line. I found both Wormadam and Mothim to be pretty boring Pokemon.

My favorite of all the branched families would have to be the poliwag line, mostly because of politoed. As for least favorite, I've never really liked burmy.

Funny you say that, because I'd say that the burmy is my second or third favorite. My favorite branch evolution of all is the Wurmple line, as it is the only branched evolution line in which I like ALL of the pokemon in the line. All of my other faves, like Froslass, Vileplume or Politoad, are cursed with the fact they are related to Glalie, Bellossom and Poliwrath. I will also say that coming in second or third is the Eevee line, and it will probably will have secured the second spot once it gets the dragon eeveelution it rightfully deserves.

And to finish the question, I've always absolutely hated the Ralts line, something I rarely say about a pokemon.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • Oddly enough, probably Wormy or Wurmple. I like Dustox and Mothim a lot, and while I don't like Wormadam or Beautifly as much, it's not as if I dislike them.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • My favorite would be the Ralts line, and my least favorite would be the Burmy line because it just seems useless.

Also, I would like to see a branched evo on the Ghastly line. Gengar is awesome, but it would be interesting to see what a different path would look like.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • My fav is the Ralts line, cuz Gallade is awesome, and Gardevoir's pretty good too.
    My least favorite-idk, probably one of the bugs.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • I agree, Ghastly needs a branch evolution.

And by the way, what's with all the hate on the bugs? I honestly don't get why everybody love Psychic types and hates the Bug types in general. Bugs are cute and some Psychic types are cool, but when it comes down to it, which one is better? Cute or Cool? (lol, I just suddenly remembered contests.)

If answered Cute:
    Yeah, I thought so.

Back