• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BREAKING: Horde of Mankeys spotted in Brazil

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Imagine that instead of Pokemon being exclusive to the Pokemon world, that they lived here on our very own Planet Earth, whereabouts do you think certain species of Pokemon would live? For example obvious ones would be Ice Pokemon such as Lapras and Dewgong being located in the Arctic Sea and the Poles. Urban Pokemon such as Koffing would probably be seen dwelling down the alley ways of big cities like New York, living off the pollution.

Name a Pokemon or two and whereabouts they're more preferable habitat would be on planet Earth, let's see if we can find a home for all of them!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I imagine Zebstraika, Pyroar, Mightyena, Girafarig and Donphan living on the Savannah of Africa as they resemble African animals in much. Possibly Manectric and Seviper or Serperior as well, lion and snakes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I could see most flying and water Pokémon such as Pidgeot, Starmie, Golduck, Tropius, and Staraptor living on places like Jamaica. On places like Egypt, I'm guessing you'd be finding a variety of ground-types like Garchomp, Flygon, and Hippowdon.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    Jynx. The Bronx.

Mr.Mime. Paris.

Medicham. India.

Machamp. California.

Meowth. Switzerland.

Braviary. Montana.

Ludicolo. Brazil.

Bidoof. Eh?

Hariyama. OH GEE, I WONDER.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    Dog-and-cat-like Pokémon like Lilipup and Meowth would probably be common household pets.

Bug-types and bird Pokémon would eat crops and anger people all over the world. To keep our gardens safe, we need Durant spray and a Scare-Murcrow.

Cubchoo and live in the arctic, of course. In the Antarctic, we'll find Piplup.

Hippopotas would live in the desert regions of the world.

Watch out for Ursaring in the American national parks!

Pikelodeon

Woo, pokemans!
    Years
    As mentioned by isthatyoudan, there would probably be domesticated dog and cat pokemon not used for battle, but more for "awwww" factors. I would expect skitty, delcatty, turtwig (perhaps for the high-class), buneary, happiny, eevee (and its eeveelutions perhaps for the rich, and they would be treated as rare exotic pets), lillipup, scraggy, elgyem, mienfoo, bunnelby, litleo, glameow, pancham, furfou, epurr, swirlix, helioptile, and deddene. (Sorry for the long list lol, I'm just getting very into this!) Of course, there would be the aquarium-dwelling pokemon which may include: squirtle, poliwag, horsea, seadra, goldeen, seaking, magicarp, vaporeon, omanyte, omastar, dratini, dragonair, politoed, wooper, quagsire, mantine, kingdra, mudkip, lotad, sirskit, azurill, carvahna, sharpedo, wailord, wailmer, barboach, whiscash, spheal, sealeo, walrin, clampearl, huntail, gorebys, relicanth, luvdisc, buizel, floatzel, finneon, lumineon, mantyke, basculin, tortuiga, carrocasta, ducklette, swana, karrablast, clauncher, and clawitzer... whew, quite a bit! Of course, there would be the bird pokemon, and you can imagine where they would be. For the sake of not spamming pokemon, I'll let you imagine the rest.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
    My question is where would large legendaries like Reshiram and Groudon be located. I know Kyogre would be swimming deep in the oceans all over, and the smaller ones like Shaymin would be in a place like the Amazon. But the large land based ones really have me stumped.

Years
    I always love thinking about this when I travel someplace.Muk and the trash pokemon and even pokemon like Magnemite would be in the more urban and city areas. Miltank and Mareep would obviously be on farms or in fields. Totodile and Ekans would be around Florida and swamps. I think Legendaries would be in places where humans can't really go, or in the natural 8 wonders of the world.

Years
    I came up with some other ones, Lugia is probably in the Bermuda Triangle.

Chimecho would probably end up being in every store you visit as it'd be seen as good luck and it's bell noises would make people happy as they buy.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Loads of brilliant suggestions! As mentioned in a previous post I can imagine the Amazon Rainforest been home to many of the bug/grass Pokemon (Mew as well actually).

I agree with the idea of a legendary Pokemon residing in the Bemuda Triangle, Mewtwo is another possibility? It's psychic powers could be the cause of compasses malfunctioning around there?

Abomasnow would definitely be in Russia.

Noibat

Years
    I can see that too, as tons of animals are still being discovered every day in the Amazon. I would say Combee would reside in populated areas over Beedrill, as those guys would be pretty vicious to just have buzzing around our heads

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
    Vanillites, Litwicks, Swirlixes, Spritzees, etc will all be found in Walmart and other retail franchises xD

All the desert-based pokemon would definitely be found in Egypt, the Sahara Desert, etc and Lucario would be without fail among them pyramids and sphinxes.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gengar strikes me as a haunter of places like Gettsyburg, Somme, etc.
    I like that idea! Gengar's family is ghost/poison so it would make sense that it haunts places that are "dead" and somewhat hazardous, toxic.

My question is where would large legendaries like Reshiram and Groudon be located. I know Kyogre would be swimming deep in the oceans all over, and the smaller ones like Shaymin would be in a place like the Amazon. But the large land based ones really have me stumped.
    Since many legendaries are based on existing mythologies, they would perhaps live wherever those original myths places them. In cases where they are rather based on ideas and ideals, maybe they live in a different plane or can be invisible to normal human eyes? Like Suicune, roaming fresh forests and Palkia living in another dimension normally.

I came up with some other ones, Lugia is probably in the Bermuda Triangle.

Chimecho would probably end up being in every store you visit as it'd be seen as good luck and it's bell noises would make people happy as they buy.
    Oh, Lugia in the Bermuda Triangle is an awesome idea. But it would make Lugia seem evil, sinking ships ;;

Chimecho would probably be in temples too, maybe not Christian ones but Buddhist or Hindu or Japanese kami temples.

For the Scandinavia, I think Sawsbuck would be common in the southern parts and Stantler further to the north. Also probably Vulpix and Houndour or Poochyena; some fox and wolf resembling pokémon. And of course a bit of Sneasel!

Blake Belladonna

Years
    Mewtwo could probably be residing in Chernobyl (since the radioactive explosion is sorta like the Pokemon Mansion's destruction), plus the experiment site is abandoned. Misdreavus line would probably haunt Salem, and other states where the Inquisition occurred. I can also imagine Snovers and Abomasnows lurking the Tibetan woods.

Oh, Lugia in the Bermuda Triangle is an awesome idea. But it would make Lugia seem evil, sinking ships ;;
    Speaking of shipwrecks, I bet the Jellicent populations flood (pun intended) the Bermuda Triangle. xD

People talking about Egypt: did y'all forget Riolu, Lucario, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray? XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Hmmm, if Pikachu is the mouse Pokemon, won't that mean he'll be living in our sewers?

Blake Belladonna

Years
    @Librax14 well not all mice live in sewers. Rats to be precise, so species like Rattata are more appropriate, I guess.

Another Bermuda Triangle denizen: Dragalge!
    Tales are told of ships that wander into seas where Dragalge live, never to return.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    Chandelure in haunted mansions. Just, Chandelure lining the ceiling. I'd probably have some Fletchling in my garden, along with the occasional Fletchinder. Joltiks on my brick wall, in the back, maybe?

Back