• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    I really like Heliolisk and bred a lovely (and lucky) 6IV one with its Hidden ability as I like sun teams. A shame he has such a poor move pool but great that he can learn surf at least.

In ORAS he got come really nice moves that you can teach him. Hyper Voice for STAB, Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse for coverage. And he isn't just for Sun Teams. Heliolisk is great for Sun teams, Rain teams, and Sandstorm teams too.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I forgot he is electric/normal typing awesome! Ill get him taught Hyper Voice.

Mine currently knows (I play doubles sun team)

Parabolic charge (STAB and heal for Solar power regen)
    Surf
    Grass knot

And will now add Hyper Voice.

Would dragon pulse be better do you think for coverage over grass knot or leave as is?

Years
    I forgot he is electric/normal typing awesome! Ill get him taught Hyper Voice.

Mine currently knows (I play doubles sun team)

Parabolic charge (STAB and heal for Solar power regen)
    Surf
    Grass knot

And will now add Hyper Voice.

Would dragon pulse be better do you think for coverage over grass knot or leave as is?

What would you hit with Dragon Pulse besides Dragons? Grass Knot at least you can get the bulky Rock-Ground types. And if you are using him on a sun team I have no idea why you are using the powered down Surf. :/

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I use him for in game stuff rather than competitive so surf is useful for ferrying me around. Same as I used to keep fly on my Charizard until the delightful Soar!

I might try him out in my battle team but I think he'd be a bit too weak still to survive much. Maybe Assault vested he'd be ok against specials will have a play around and see how he fares.

Years
    I use him for in game stuff rather than competitive so surf is useful for ferrying me around. Same as I used to keep fly on my Charizard until the delightful Soar!

I might try him out in my battle team but I think he'd be a bit too weak still to survive much. Maybe Assault vested he'd be ok against specials will have a play around and see how he fares.

With the stats he has he is better suited as a sweeper, but even then his stats just aren't as good as other pokemon.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Going to try breeding a Venusaur for Hidden power fire but never tried this before, Atk stat doesn't really matter to me but the SpAtk and Speed both would really need to be 30 or close to be decent. Whats the best way to go about breeding for less than perfect IV's and does it take as long as I think its going to take?

Is there any good tricks to getting the right IV's to close to perfect?

Years
    Name: Hecate
    Partner Pokemon: Charizard and Krookodile
    What is your preferred method of hatching eggs? Flame body, definitely! I usually ride my bike around in circles - if in XY, then I use Lumoise Circle.

Years
    Nice! I was mainly referring to maxing out friendship on, for instance, eevee so it can evolve before lvl 9 and get those early type moves.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I have a question. If I wanted A Snorlax with Stockpile to have good IV's, is there any good ways to get it like that? XC

Looking at bulbapedia its only available by prior evolution so just breed a decent munchlax, one parent holds the incence and another the destiny knot and then just breed for IV's as normal and when youve got decent ones then hope you get the right nature.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Starting a new Lucario (physical, Jolly) project today, breeding with a Blaziken first for high jump kick then will train drain punch, zen headbutt and ice punch at tutors then will breed the outcome for decent IV's and egg moves. Did the mega evolution tower in Y yesterday on my playthrough and actually bothered to play with Lucario some more afterwards and he seemed ok and has some nice moves.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Lucario was finished and quite enjoying her, started a Sableye (Prankster) project today managed to get a decent enough 5IV one from it (All but speed I think it was) so he'll be a nice change as Ive never bothered much with Ghost types before but I love stall pokemon so he'll go nicely with my Mega Venusaur.

Back