• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Well finished my living dex finally, finished UB quests on moon and just done the Eevee Z crystal quest. Next up is breeding for the IV judge (might do a midday Lycanroc) and then battle royales and Battle tree with some new teams.

Just been catching a decent Tapu Koko and also trying to farm pelago and fishing for some bottle caps for him and Mewtwo and Mew.

Need to pickup my shiny charm too actualy, nearly forgot about that!

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I hatched a shiny Mienfoo!! :D *almost* flawless, his attack is very good instead of the best. I'll kep it tho, I'll EV train him and stop this project right there.

Now I am breeding for a HA mareanie, and a Pipplio with aqua ring and amnesia.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Maybe you guys will be able to help me, here's my post from Gen IV forums:

So I've been breeding in my LeafGreen save, putting Dragon Dance on a lot of pokémon and it got me wondering whether it was possible to use the special Dratini from Dragon's Den in HeartGold, and one of my babies from Kanto, to end up with both Dragon Dance and Extremespeed on a baby Dratini.

I don't think it's possible, as egg moves only pass down from male offspring and you can't get reproduction from putting 2 male pokémon in Daycare. However, Smogon's strategy pokédex for Gen IV features Dragonite sets with both moves on.

Therefore, would anyone care to explain how I would go about this endeavour if it is indeed possible?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Maybe you guys will be able to help me, here's my post from Gen IV forums:

Not sure honestly as I never bred that far back. I know there have been some event Dragonite with extreme speed and possibly dragon dance though, not sure if they were breedable though. In gen 6 (ORAS) you could certainly achieve it via the move tutors for Dragon dance and one that knew extreme speed as an egg move.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
I hatched a shiny Mienfoo!! :D *almost* flawless, his attack is very good instead of the best. I'll kep it tho, I'll EV train him and stop this project right there.

You're forgetting a key thing about Sun/Moon hyper training! Get him levelled to 100 and use a bittle cap to hyper train him up to perfection. I did this for my breedject shiny Charizard (jolly with bad attack IV) and hes now a great all rounder. I also intend to 'fix' my shiny Greninjas dodgy defence IV this way.

No good for further breeding but i never intend to breed from them just keep them as good shinies.

Now I am breeding for a HA mareanie

I looked up Mareanie and it looks quite good, am going to start that as a next project too.

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
You're forgetting a key thing about Sun/Moon hyper training! Get him levelled to 100 and use a bittle cap to hyper train him up to perfection. I did this for my breedject shiny Charizard (jolly with bad attack IV) and hes now a great all rounder. I also intend to 'fix' my shiny Greninjas dodgy defence IV this way.

No good for further breeding but i never intend to breed from them just keep them as good shinies.

I looked up Mareanie and it looks quite good, am going to start that as a next project too.

Oh I only trianed a pokemon to level 100 twice in my life hehe......... not sure it will happen. But the attack isn't bad neither.

I can give you a HA mareanie if you want. I am still at 3 or 4 IV (didn't traded my ditto yet so it takes more time)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Not sure honestly as I never bred that far back. I know there have been some event Dragonite with extreme speed and possibly dragon dance though, not sure if they were breedable though. In gen 6 (ORAS) you could certainly achieve it via the move tutors for Dragon dance and one that knew extreme speed as an egg move.

Well you set me down the right path there kind of. I just checked Bulbapedia, turns out they gave it Dragon Dance as a level-up move in Gen IV, which I hadn't realised because it also showed up as an Egg Move when I was looking.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Oh I only trianed a pokemon to level 100 twice in my life hehe......... not sure it will happen. But the attack isn't bad neither.

I can give you a HA mareanie if you want. I am still at 3 or 4 IV (didn't traded my ditto yet so it takes more time)

Thanks, ill see if i can nab one myself first as time difference for trading can be a pain! Will PM you if I have no luck. Ugh more fishing.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Thanks, ill see if i can nab one myself first as time difference for trading can be a pain! Will PM you if I have no luck. Ugh more fishing.

We can always do it with GTS, just put a random rattata. If you get something else, you won't lose anything.

Years
Name: the_true_fido
Partner pokémon: Magmortar
Current topic: It would be great if every pokémon family had it's own egg design!

Today I started breeding Cutieflies, and hatched a shiny one at the 3° egg!

Sadly its ability was Honey Gather and it had no egg moves (I was just starting, breeding for the right nature).
Thankfully, I saved before recieving those eggs, so I can use the "shiny trick" to change the parents and hatch almost any shiny!
Resetting and doing some tests, I can hatch a shiny pokémon with either its normal or hidden ability (depending on the parents)...

I'm not sure which pokémon to breed shiny, maybe an alolan Ninetales with snow warning? A normal Ninetales with drougth? (though I already have one, but with flash fire), other options I have in mind are Flygon, Cleffa, Minior, Piplup (with defiant), Sandygast, Spiritomb, Milotic...

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Welcome True Fido!

Nice luck on the shiny, never heard of this 'shiny trick' sounds like it'd be handy to know though so will look it up. I hardly ever save before an egg run though but maybe I should start.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Sorry that I have been gone for so long. I have been extremely busy in my life. Personally, I am kind of surprised the leaders haven't closed this thread yet. 😅

But I was successful in breeding my longest hunt across all the generations. Well, almost all of them. Since Sapphire I have been trying to get this particular shiny. And I have just now got it about an hour ago. It is THE GOLDEN CHICKEN! Who's the GOLDEN CHICKEN, you may ask? Well, it's Torchic. 5 perfect IVs, missing Attack, and has its Hidden Ability

Reactions: Tek

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I took a pause form breeding because of the Switch, oops, but I am currently doing a Primarina with the egg moves Amnesia and aqua ring! So stay close if you want some breedjects or ready for trade!

Tek

Years
Hello fellow breeders! I'm back from the dead! Or at least the inactive. Cool to see that this place is still around :)

We're having a conversation over at Challenges about how to encourage participation. I came up with the idea of offering breedjects as participation prizes in challenge events. Is that something that any of you are interested in doing?

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 4, 2018
So, Idk how necessary this is, anymore, but:

Name: J.J. ...

Partner pokemon: Nidoran and if the two Nidoran count as the same, then Tyrunt...

Current topic: I would like a Halloween themed breeding event where you have to breed an random Ghost, Dark, or Psychic type, probably with egg moves thrown in...Maybe breed specifically 3 or 4 different sizes of Pumpkaboo...

Back