• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    I know I'm really behind on this but since I dont own a 3ds the only game that I breed on is Pearl. Over the span of 4-5 months I bred 43 fully EV trained Pokemon and as of right now I'm trying to hatch a shiny Eevee to no avail (400+ eggs). Hopefully when I get AS soon I'll get back into breeding with the newer mechanics and possibly do some giveaways.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I know I'm really behind on this but since I dont own a 3ds the only game that I breed on is Pearl. Over the span of 4-5 months I bred 43 fully EV trained Pokemon and as of right now I'm trying to hatch a shiny Eevee to no avail (400+ eggs). Hopefully when I get AS soon I'll get back into breeding with the newer mechanics and possibly do some giveaways.

Glad to see that you're back-ish. Congrats on the 43 EV trained pokes. And even though you breed on pearl, that's fine for the club.
    Best of luck on that shiny eevee

Years
    Glad to see that you're back-ish. Congrats on the 43 EV trained pokes. And even though you breed on pearl, that's fine for the club.
    Best of luck on that shiny eevee

Thanks, I sort of bribed my friend who owns Black to beat it and ill give him all 43 of them when I transfer them since they're all cloned on Pearl as well as bribed another friend to hold all 43 of them on his OR until I get my 3ds and AS. I'll upload pictures of them when I get access to a computer and once I get my pokemon up to my AS I'd be happy to give them away as a gift to everyone on here that's helped me.

The pokemon that are EV trained are: CB Kanghaskhan, Painsplit Weezing, Rapid Spin Blastoise, Magnet Pull / Lead Probopass, Rapid Spin Sandslash, Spikes + Toxic Spikes Cloyster, Bellydrum Charizard, Physical Attacking Hypno, Choice Band Pinsir, Choice Band Luxray, Choice Specs Yanmega, Life Orb Lapras, Life Orb Mamoswine (Stealth Rocks), Life Orb Venusaur, Life Orb + Curse Swampert, Flame Orb + Guts Hariyama, Choice Specs Ampharos, Life Orb + Rock Polish Camerupt, Curse Snorlax, Choice Scarf Flygon, Substitute + Dragon Dance Feraligatr, Effect Spore (maybe utility iirc) Parasect, Life Orb Gorebyss, Life Orb Huntail, Stall + Slack off Slowking, Technician Scizor, Marvel Scale Milotic, Swift Swim Kingdra, Serene Grace + Razor Claw Togekiss, Black Belt + No Guard Machamp, Normalize Delcatty, Stall Miltank, Choice Specs Alakazam, Pursuit + Sniper Drapion, Substitute Mewtwo (Pokegen), Substitute Gengar, Substitute Golem, Seed Flare Shaymin, Baton Pass Ninjask, Thick Club + Rock Head Marowak, Stall + Roar Steelix, Stealh Rock Torterra, Mixed attacker Infernape, Choice Specs Empoleon

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    So does anyone have any ideas for a breeding project? I'm open to any suggestions.

Years
    Just anythig that takes a lot of chaining. Like, to get Toxic Spikes on Skrelp you need to get a Tentacool with Toxic spikes, breed it with a Omynite and then you can get it onto Skrelp.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Yeah either something with a useful chained egg move or maybe a series of good useful egg moves.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Just anythig that takes a lot of chaining. Like, to get Toxic Spikes on Skrelp you need to get a Tentacool with Toxic spikes, breed it with a Omynite and then you can get it onto Skrelp.

Yeah either something with a useful chained egg move or maybe a series of good useful egg moves.

Okay, sounds like it's a breeding project.

Breed a Pokemon that has a move/moves that can only be chain bred.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Breed a Pokemon that has a move/moves that can only be chain bred.

I'm going to be lazy and say done with my Acid armour Goodra :p I think that's enough of chaining to last me a few months.

Muk Acid Armor at level 43 breed with Gastrodon for Shellos with Acid Armor.

Shellos with Dragalgae for Skrelp with Acid Armor.

Skrelp with Goodra for Goomy with Acid Armor.

Years
    Oh my goodness.

After a bit more research and an experiment I finally think I understand a bit more how to breed for IV's. And it shows for last night I successfully bred a Cyndiquil with HP Rock.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Nice, I've only tried it once with my Venusaur (HP fire) and it was a real ball ache to do. Worthwhile but annoying.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Decided to breed a Mawile to see how it fares as a mega (for doubles), nice typing plus intim on entry then huge power when mega is a nice combo.

Will also breed a Tyranitar as a team member and setup Gardevoir as a trick room setter and see how the team fares.

Last edited:

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Bred them both and got a 6IV Tyranitar but sadly I forgot to breed for dragon dance so she'll be used as breed fodder with a Haxorus.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Re-bred a round of eggs for Tyranitar with DD this morning but got all the wrong IV's so on a second round of eggs but still need to hatch them and hopefully get something decent later. Then will start to EV train and blissey base level both ready for some battle maison fun.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    View attachment 75816 so here is what I bred now that I had some time to breed. Nothing special other than the egg moves. Had a charmeleon that I bred a while ago with the move Beat Up that was on my Nidoking. Then I bred it with my tyrantrum to get Crunch, Ancient Power. And Dragon Dance.

ALSO, when you finish breeding for a project please post pics so we can see. and if you want, you can post anything else you breed if you wish. I'm sure we'd all to see.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    It would be really nice if you could take screenshots directly from the 3DS but yes will try and get screenshots for project stuff.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Sadly didn't end up liking Tyranitar or Mega Mawile much. Have kept them in my battle ready box but just didnt get a good feeling about either when I played with them.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Been trying to breed a shiny noibat. No luck yet. Went through about 150 eggs so far

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I hope the Noibats not being too annoying, will try breeding Azumarill soon to try out and also need to get round to breeding the event Dragonite. Metal Gear Solid Snake eater 3D has been eating into my pokemon time!

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    So how's everyone's breeding going? Hopefully well. I haven't been able to breed or be on here for the last couple of days due to my dog coming close to labor (now after a c-section, I have 5 healthy pups).

Years
    I honestly haven't been breeding either. I've been spending all my time on Animal Crossing New Leaf and Smash Bros 3ds. So... at least I stuck with Nintendo. XD But if I do get back into pokemon, I will either be breeding my new E-Speed Dragonair, or a Crobat and a new Sableye

Back