• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
Years
  • Name: Saronai
    Partner Pokemon:
    663.gif
    Sunsong and
    700.gif
    Felicity
    Sunsong has helped me hatch all of my other pokémon since before I was even half-way through X. Felicity is currently trying to help me breed perfect modest eevees.
    Current Topic: I only got far enough in my OR game to accept my shiny beldum. I only just recently unlocked all the breeding perks in my X game and I get super-addicted to breeding (so much so that this is the first game I actually did it right and paused my breeding to beat the game first). With the exception of Emerald, I usually end up stopping storyline progress just to breed, even though I had no one to trade with before.

In other words, it's unlikely I'll be breeding in OR any time soon. I'm having the perfect breeding experience in X and don't wanna give up my shiny and egg generation increases to do a whole lot in OR right now. It's quite likely I won't really do OR until I've bred up perfects of all my favourite pokemon...or until I end up several games behind again. Whichever comes first.

Last edited:

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • happy new year guys! *-* hope all of ye are having a splendid morning o:!

also, I just bred a Shiny Carvanha *-*

B02 - 4,3 - Carvanha (♂) - Adamant - Speed Boost - 31.31.24.24.31.27 - Grass - [1648]

Spread info from keySav2 *-*

Grats! I love shiny surprises <3 I get ridiculously excited for a 34-year-old woman holding a tiny mechanical box full of virtual creatures.

.skittlez

lost in a storm of sadness
    Years
  • Grats! I love shiny surprises <3 I get ridiculously excited for a 34-year-old woman holding a tiny mechanical box full of virtual creatures.

haha thanks! I was really surprised when I found it. it just sort of happened xD~ I've taken a little break from breeding though. I'm currently playing through Soul Silver in order to get rare ball parents o:! kinda stuck trying to RNG for a shiny lugia -.-;

edit: oh and welcome to the club!

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • haha thanks! I was really surprised when I found it. it just sort of happened xD~ I've taken a little break from breeding though. I'm currently playing through Soul Silver in order to get rare ball parents o:! kinda stuck trying to RNG for a shiny lugia -.-;

edit: oh and welcome to the club!

I always gasp. I received a 2iv eevee egg recently that matched my TSV and I was super tired when I hatched it along with my other eevees. I gasped like a goof and felt the same thrill of unexpected excitement until I remembered I already knew it was gonna be shiny and just laughed at myself.

Soul Silver is actually what I put down in my playthrough goal (starting with Emerald) in order to take advantage of X/Y before wonder trading and all that went away. I still occasionally pop on to make a new apricorn ball and catch a few females I don't have yet in them.

I think Emerald (and the fact that I still have it) is partially why I'm not in a hurry to beat OR. I only finally made myself stop breeding to beat it and send my favourite pokes to Pearl early last year. It's still fresh in my mind :P

Bless you for the shiny Lugia attempts. I have a lot of patience and actually enjoy breeding but I have the patience for, at most, 100 legendary resets before I give up (usually ends up being only about 20-50).

Thanks for the welcome!

.skittlez

lost in a storm of sadness
    Years
  • I always gasp. I received a 2iv eevee egg recently that matched my TSV and I was super tired when I hatched it along with my other eevees. I gasped like a goof and felt the same thrill of unexpected excitement until I remembered I already knew it was gonna be shiny and just laughed at myself.

Soul Silver is actually what I put down in my playthrough goal (starting with Emerald) in order to take advantage of X/Y before wonder trading and all that went away. I still occasionally pop on to make a new apricorn ball and catch a few females I don't have yet in them.

I think Emerald (and the fact that I still have it) is partially why I'm not in a hurry to beat OR. I only finally made myself stop breeding to beat it and send my favourite pokes to Pearl early last year. It's still fresh in my mind :P

Bless you for the shiny Lugia attempts. I have a lot of patience and actually enjoy breeding but I have the patience for, at most, 100 legendary resets before I give up (usually ends up being only about 20-50).

Thanks for the welcome!

congrats on the eevee! and lol! I just sat there staring at the monitor, making sure I wasn't seeing things lol. Now every time I check a batch of eggs on keySav I get my hopes a little high xD!

I had stopped playing Pokemon until I found out about the hoenn remakes. The last time I played with my copy of emerald was years ago o:! Think it was in 2007, when I would clone shiny umbreons to pal park into Pearl, to then GTS them xD! OR was extremely nostalgic though.

lol Thanks for the blessings. I've been trying to hit my seed for hours now. RNG's really confusing -.- I can't soft reset for more than 30 times without getting bored and putting the thing down though lol.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Name: Saronai
    Partner Pokemon:
    663.gif
    Sunsong and
    700.gif
    Felicity
    Sunsong has helped me hatch all of my other pokémon since before I was even half-way through X. Felicity is currently trying to help me breed perfect modest eevees.
    Current Topic: I only got far enough in my OR game to accept my shiny beldum. I only just recently unlocked all the breeding perks in my X game and I get super-addicted to breeding (so much so that this is the first game I actually did it right and paused my breeding to beat the game first). With the exception of Emerald, I usually end up stopping storyline progress just to breed, even though I had no one to trade with before.

In other words, it's unlikely I'll be breeding in OR any time soon. I'm having the perfect breeding experience in X and don't wanna give up my shiny and egg generation increases to do a whole lot in OR right now. It's quite likely I won't really do OR until I've bred up perfects of all my favourite pokemon...or until I end up several games behind again. Whichever comes first.

Welcome to the club! And that's reasonable that you won't be breeding in OrAs soon, that's like me too. I have the shiny charm and oval charm in X so that's where I do my breeding stuff.

But welcome !

grassdragon

Grass Lover!
    Years
  • I'm grassdragon
    Partner Pokemon: Shiny 5 IV Spiritomb and Shiny 4 IV Lopunny

I've hatched well over 1000 eggs already in AS.
    I bred a Shiny 5 IV Drought Modest Vulpix missing Defense for a friend of mine and that took 860 eggs and I bred a Shiny 5 IV Modest Pidgey missing HP for another one of my friends. I'm currently trying to breed a Shiny 5 IV Adamant Sandshrew. I also bred a 6 IV Pidgey that I'm keeping for myself.

Also, back when XY came out, I made a breeding guide. If anybody is interested, pm me and I'll send it to you.

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I'm grassdragon
    Partner Pokemon: Shiny 5 IV Spiritomb and Shiny 4 IV Lopunny

I've hatched well over 1000 eggs already in AS.
    I bred a Shiny 5 IV Drought Modest Vulpix missing Defense for a friend of mine and that took 860 eggs and I bred a Shiny 5 IV Modest Pidgey missing HP for another one of my friends. I'm currently trying to breed a Shiny 5 IV Adamant Sandshrew. I also bred a 6 IV Pidgey that I'm keeping for myself.

Also, back when XY came out, I made a breeding guide. If anybody is interested, pm me and I'll send it to you.

Welcome aboard grassdragon! wow, over 1000 eggs already? i have only hatched a handful of eggs on my AS version.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Thanks!
    I'm super serious about breeding. On average I'll breed 200 eggs a day. Take in mind I have a part time job and I go to College full time. I've already gotten 200 hours on Alpha Sapphire.

I'm impressed. I'm not sure how many eggs I've done in one day, I think it was more like 50-100 at most back when I was trying to breed up a shiny audino. I gave up after Christmas (was supposed to be a Christmas present) at just under 500 eggs.

Then again, I know from experience that after only a bit of breeding and getting bored, I can multitask the majority of back and forth in the game by writing, reading, exercising, updating my store, etc. while hatching stuff. So yeah, I'd probably be doing that at the side while I study and do homework and such :) Still, impressive schedule juggling though :D

Tek

Years
  • Welcome to the new peoples. Looks like we've got some dedicated breeders here. Wanna hatch some eggs for me?

Hehe just kidding. I'll typically hatch 30 eggs and keep the best ones when I breed something. Sometimes I've done more than that. I may be hatching a lot here soon since I wanna get my team ready for VGC 2015. It will be much easier now that I've invested a few dollars in a Powersaves; quick egg hatch is a godsend.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    After a lot of tries, I was able to breed a Timid Magnemite with 31/22/31/30/31/30 so its Hidden Power could be fire. Even though I used an Ability Capsule to get the ability (I wanted magnet pull but my breeder had Sturdy so I kept getting a lot of sturdies) it was a challenge to get the best possible IVs and the hidden power at the same time. I had to hunt dittos with the different IVs at 30, and then rotate them in the breeding proccess with the different generations of magnemites. At least I had an all 31 IVs ditto to make it a bit easier.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • After a lot of tries, I was able to breed a Timid Magnemite with 31/22/31/30/31/30 so its Hidden Power could be fire. Even though I used an Ability Capsule to get the ability (I wanted magnet pull but my breeder had Sturdy so I kept getting a lot of sturdies) it was a challenge to get the best possible IVs and the hidden power at the same time. I had to hunt dittos with the different IVs at 30, and then rotate them in the breeding proccess with the different generations of magnemites. At least I had an all 31 IVs ditto to make it a bit easier.

Maybe I'm blind but I had trouble finding out much about the ability capsule in detail. Does it include a switch to hidden abilities? Do you get to choose what ability? Does it permanently give that poke that ability (until another capsule is used)?

In other news, I felt artsy today and compiled and recoloured (and in some cases added to) some of my favourite trainer sprites from pokestadium.com's collection to create my own PKMN Breeder sprite. Since I enjoy breeding with non-standard pokeballs most, I edited the bucket of pokeballs to include a quick, dream, fast, and friend ball.

PKMN Breeder Saronai
    pkmn_breeder_saronai_by_saronai-d8e110g.png

I can't seem to figure out how to keep the background invisible.

Is it possible to switch our partner pokemon? I didn't see anything against it, but I was thinking of switching Gallifrey the sylveon out for Silverfox, the shiny eevee in the icon I just made. No biggie if not. I didn't intend to be so fickle hehe.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Maybe I'm blind but I had trouble finding out much about the ability capsule in detail. Does it include a switch to hidden abilities? Do you get to choose what ability? Does it permanently give that poke that ability (until another capsule is used)?

It doesn't let you get hidden abilities (otherwise we'd already have contrary serperior in this gen). And it switches the current ability of your pokemon for the other (non HA) ability it could have and the change is permanent.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    So, guys, I was thinking that it's time for a new topic/project.

What would you like to breed for February's project?

If you're new and don't know how it works, we did projects for a certain month; or season (usually like 2 months, like June and July for a pokemon you'd see more in the summer time, for example.) and you don't have to say just one pokemon. You can say a certain type too (usually we all pick 1 pokemon anyway for a type project anyway).

but this topic question will end January 30th, so hopefully a lot of you answer it. It's been a while since a project was done.

Reactions: Tek

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • So, guys, I was thinking that it's time for a new topic/project.

If you're new and don't know how it works, we did projects for a certain month; or season (usually like 2 months, like June and July for a pokemon you'd see more in the summer time, for example.) and you don't have to say just one pokemon. You can say a certain type too (usually we all pick 1 pokemon anyway for a type project anyway).

but this topic question will end January 30th, so hopefully a lot of you answer it. It's been a while since a project was done.

Well...I was planning on being thematic and breeding up some love ball pokes. If you wanna go with love ball for the February project, I'd be willing to provide a starter of each member's choice to begin with if they don't have love ball pokes of their own to work with.

starter as in pokemon in a love ball to start with. I don't think you can get any actual starter pokemon in love balls. If we go with this, I'll link the stock everyone can choose a poke from (or you can just check my shop). I'm sure I'm not the only one with love balls...nor probably the one with the most.

Last edited:

Tek

Years
  • I'm so ready for a new project! I like the Love Ball idea as well. I can help provide any Love Ball Pokés, since I've got both SS and HG. Other than that, we could breed something that has Cute Charm or can learn Attract via egg move/level up.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I'm so ready for a new project! I like the Love Ball idea as well. I can help provide any Love Ball Pokés, since I've got both SS and HG. Other than that, we could breed something that has Cute Charm or can learn Attract via egg move/level up.

Well...I was planning on being thematic and breeding up some love ball pokes. If you wanna go with love ball for the February project, I'd be willing to provide a starter of each member's choice to begin with if they don't have love ball pokes of their own to work with.

starter as in pokemon in a love ball to start with. I don't think you can get any actual starter pokemon in love balls. If we go with this, I'll link the stock everyone can choose a poke from (or you can just check my shop). I'm sure I'm not the only one with love balls...nor probably the one with the most.
    I like both ideas actually. Since valentines day is in February, I can see both of these ideas working for February's project. I would personally like to do the love ball one. I have a couple of pokes in my arsenal for it. And the same goes with me for the love ball situation... I have both HG and SS. So I can get anything available in those games. (If everyone else is fine with the love ball project idea.. :) )

grassdragon

Grass Lover!
    Years
  • So, guys, I was thinking that it's time for a new topic/project.

I think the obvious choice would be Fairy Types in Love Balls.

Back